Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2014, 11:10 PM   #1651
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Cheryl, I love how upbeat your post is. I can read and tell how happy you are about Daphne (I think) is going to get the steroids. Hope it really helps her. ��

Nothing much happening here. Dd and Chloe went to the bf's house tonight. Almost had her go without Chloe. But I could tell Chloe wanted to go. I wonder if she cried at bed time.

It's 2am and I'm awake. I even took a shower at 12 so I could relax. Didn't help. So I just went and made myself a cup of hot tea. That usually does the trick.

Still on WWers and doing ok. Slow progress but it is progress. I'll take it. I just have to be patient. Hoping after my surgery I can take my walks this spring. That would definitely get me going. I know that's why I'm having a hard time losing weight. I can't get my head in it if I'm not exercising.

I'm going to drink my tea and try to sleep. Ttyt ☺️������

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2014, 08:24 AM   #1652
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Thanks, ladies! I woke up really early today so I took another sleeping pill. I only slept for 3 more hours and now my eyes are burning like crazy. I'm going to have to go get a cold pack from the fridge and put them on my eyes for relief. No idea why I didn't sleep longer than I did. My body's gotten so used to the drugs.

Tammy, lasting weight loss is slow. The fast losses are regained fast, too. Just remind yourself of that and keep on marching down the path. It will work if we just stay the course (on whatever plan we choose to do.)

I'll be interested to hear how Chloe did on her overnight away from you. I wonder if she stayed "potty trained" for her. In the early days, they sometimes slip up when they're in different environments.

I hope you sleep better tonight. (Me too.) Have a nice day. By Spring, you'll be ready to take short walks in the mild temps and gentle sunshine.

Debby, glad the truck repair wasn't anything major. Just was over on your journal. Have a lovely day.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:50 PM   #1653
Big Yapper!

More fun with Frodo! This time, he really licked my chin and all under my head, on my neck. I was LMAO! I couldn't take it for long cause I was afraid what else he might lick or if he was going to switch over to a nip. Too much of a good thing, ya know? He must have been using me for the salt on my skin. Whatever it was about, it's entertaining. Can't help but think of it as affection.

Speaking of a nip, Daphne gave me one on the palm of my hand while she was having her winter sheet put on. I was outside her stall and she had her nose stretched out toward the bars that were between us. I put my hand in there and she very softly nipped my palm. I was surprised but I was thinking that was pretty stupid of me when the boy was putting the belly straps on. She's all sensitive in that region, as you all know so well.

I told Daphne that drugs were on the way. That was when I was in there alone with her, picking out her stall before leaving. She was looking into my eye and it was like she was checking to see if I was still sad like the other day when I was sobbing and holding her lead rope. That's when I told her about the drugs and said things were about to get better in a big hurry.

The snow was only just beginning to fall when I was picking out the last two stalls before leaving for the night. Perfect timing for a change. Two more shifts to go.

Goodnight, my friends.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:50 AM   #1654
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
for good timing! So cute about your little furry fan club enjoy them!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:51 AM   #1655
Big Yapper!

Julie!
Old 02-10-2014, 12:28 PM   #1656
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
That sounds so cool & a little scarey... about your 'kisses' The animals are getting to know & trust you more all the time, huh? You're a long-timer there now!
Hope your weather cooperates with you today, for safe driving & working well. We're getting lots of snow today.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:20 PM   #1657
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl! Chloe did ok at dd's boyfriend's. She is doing great going on the potty now. No accidents. �� She still gets stickers for going on her potty. I bought her new ones. They're veggies with faces and the other pkg has smiley faces that say "great" or "good job" and stuff like that. She likes them.

We are still using pull ups at night and in the car. No more diapers though! That'll save money for sure.

That's cute the horses are lovin' on ya! Horses can tell when they're loved. Just as they sense when someone is afraid.

I miss the days of horse riding when I was young. I'm surprised my grandfather never bought the grand kids a pony. That's why we made a cow into a horse! Yep! We had one we rode! Lol. I know that's making you laugh. Can't you picture kids riding a cow?!?! Hahaha

I just gave Chloe earphones to listen to her cartoons on her phone an she has to hold them to her ears. They won't stay in. Lol. Ah has an old iPhone of my dd's she can still watch cartoons on as long as she has wi-fi. I'm buying one of those kids prepaid phones for her from toys r us. Not until summer though. She'll be 3 and will know her numbers for speed dialing. The phone has big numbers and is simple.

Good night. Hope your fur babies are doing well.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:37 PM   #1658
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Love the stories about the "LOVE" going on ! Makes me smile
Hope today went well :-0
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #1659
Big Yapper!

Debby, UGH! We're getting lots more snow mid-week. They are giving predictions now and it's not good. Tammy, that's wonderful about Chloe and no more diapers. Stickers are a great idea. Yeah, the horse love is cool but freaks me out, cause of who's giving it to me. Frodo is a live wire. Today he was acting like he was going to charge at me when I went in his stall to put his turn-out sheet over his winter one. What a dope.

(Copy/paste from horse thread: )

Work was soooooooo cold and I had no volunteers. I brought the horses in just after 4 cause Red and Daphne were locking eyes with me and running around their paddock. I couldn't ignore what they were saying to me. It was windy, too. So I brought them in first and they were happy. I hadn't gotten around to passing the hay yet but the waters were set up. Nothing was done for me, like sometimes they are.

I only picked out the arena and was going to do the mini's area and stall cause they are in it 24/7 but the director arrived with loads of grain bags and we crossed paths in the grain room. She offered to go grain the minis and I said I hadn't picked out their area yet and she said she'd pick it. That was nice. They belong to her, but it was still nice.

The run-in horses have their winters and their turn-outs on over that. It is only single digits tonight. I was frozen solid by the time I went in the house to sign out. Then I went upstairs to give the manager her coffee which she had lost earlier (found it on the corner of her desk) and got stuck up there talking with her for an hour. I didn't feel stuck but I felt bad about saying I should go. Our times together upstairs in her apartment with her german shepard are numbered.

I hate to see her packing and talking about what day she's moving stuff out, who's helping her move, which staircase she's going to take things out, who's likely to be downstairs during those times, etc. She's worrying about coming back and cleaning the apartment after she's all moved out. I told her that the volunteers and I can do that, as a gift of appreciation to her but that isn't likely to "stick." It didn't seem like something she'd accept.

I'm so glad to be home and in my PJ's. It's trash and recycle night and although I have plenty to toss out, I'm not going to pull those cans out of the snow heaps and drag them to the road. No siree bob! I could have a rotting moose carcass in the kitchen and it could wait for next week's trash night. It's too freaking cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did my time.

I also need someone to cook me dinner. That's the suckiest part of eating on a healthy plan. You can't reach for convenience foods. Excuse me while I whine just a little.

Have a great night. Sorry if I missed some topics. I'm only half-focused again. Distracted by TV and other things.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:06 PM   #1660
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can sure relate to that... not wanting to cook. That's why I cook so much food ahead & have it on hand. Feels so self-centered, but its the only way I can keep evenings to 'less stress' & more rest.

Sounds like a really tiring day. Sleep-rest well!
Old 02-11-2014, 09:11 AM   #1661
Big Yapper!

I slept after a while. Stayed on the computer way too late. I thought I was doing good at breaking that habit but I must go back to square one, as they say. Tonight, my hands will be on a book and not a keyboard come 9pm at the latest.

Taking Cissy to be groomed tomorrow. She's at "full beast" right now. She looks very much like a werewolf from the front view, if she tips her head down, looks you in the eye and does that open mouth pant thing, which she does sometimes. She's cute when her fur is this long but OMG, it's tough to deal with in the snow and it needs to be brushed every day.

Storm is coming in on Wednesday night so she'll be groomed just in time for this round. Not sure when it will end but I heard something about Thursday night. At least I'm off work both days. CT is for fools and the rich.

Very cold again today. Should have two volunteers today but I think I offended them last week. We'll see if they show up. One girl comes late and her main reason for coming is to hang with the other girl. I don't know why she bothers. They are the ones who stood over by the mini's doing nothing while I was lugging two buckets full of water at a time to each run-in area to fill the outdoor water tubs and set up the stall buckets for the coming storm that night. They never came within earshot so I didn't bother yelling to them for help. But after I was done and I was walking by them, I said, "You guys all done?" They murmured "No."

It's my Friday so I will rejoice and be glad in it! Thank you Lord for my job, for the sun that is shining, for the birds that are chirping (come to think of it, it must be too cold to chirp; pretty quiet out there), my fluffy/healthy dog, my bunny who's mighty funny and my lovely apartment. Thank you for my car (although I could really use a newer one) and for all the many other blessings I have been given. Amen.

Have a lovely day, ladies.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:14 PM   #1662
Big Yapper!!!!

Even though it's been rough, I'm glad you can enjoy your day off . Counting your blessings
Old 02-11-2014, 07:15 PM   #1663
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Way to go - counting your blessings!
I'm looking for the good these days too.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:21 PM   #1664
Big Yapper!

Birds of a feather! That's what we are.

OMG! It was another really cold day and all the horses were naked when I got to the farm. I couldn't believe they didn't even have their light turn-out sheets on. Everyone got a full grooming before they got blanketed for the night. It's going down to ONE degree. I'm so happy to be home and indoors.

Past my bedtime again! Goodnight, ladies. I hope you're well.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:58 PM   #1665
Big Yapper!

Wow! So quiet around here tonight. Must be because of the storm that's making everyone south of me miserable. Well, don't feel bad cause come around daybreak, it will be giving us our fair share of it. I'm off work tomorrow so I thank God for that. Friday will be a thrill to return to work and continue with the clean-up, though. And my poor manager, having to move out in this crap. Wicked cold and snow storm after snow storm.

Every time I go to work and see her dog Chico, I realize soon I will walk into the house and neither he or his mom will be there anymore. It feels like a death is pending. The director was sitting right there in the manager's office with me and the dog last night and I was petting Chico and I said, "I'm gonna miss you, boy." She just looked away and didn't say anything.

She (the director) had sent out an attachment on an email for employees to complete a self-evaluation form and send it back to her. I put it off for a long time because it came right in the midst of all the other crap going down, before I knew the manager was going to resign, etc. Well I asked for clarification the other day on how she wants it filled out and I did it and set it back to her yesterday. Will be interesting to go over it together sometime. She said when it warms up. I said, "So June then?" We laughed.

I didn't say anything on the eval (regarding things I'd like to see changed, etc) about the manager, communication problems or anything of the sort. If someone hadn't been aware of the meeting we just had the other day, they'd never know I had issues of that kind by reading my evaluation. I focused on things that lie ahead of us and I gave suggestions that I thought might be considered. One thing I already talked with the director about are the slow feeders and hay bags, to improve the horses' health, keep them from running out of hay between feedings and cut way down on waste.

Another thing I said we really needed was a roof over the arena. That way we can exercise the horses year round and there will be an island amidst the storm, so to speak, where we can go to cut loose for a while.

The form had places to write down our personal goals for the coming year in regard to our jobs, what we felt benefited us in the past year by working there, yada, yada, yada. Yeah, it was hard to answer some of those but I kept it upbeat and steered clear of the manager and all that mess.

9pm. Time for bed! All fingers off keyboards. Sleep tight, ladies. I'll be back tomorrow and we'll chat as the snow and sleet and possibly rain falls.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:47 PM   #1666
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Valentines Day
Hope your stint on the farm tomorrow brings you great joy & sense of satisfaction!
Old 02-13-2014, 07:56 PM   #1667
Big Yapper!

Thank you, Debby. Goodnight.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:39 AM   #1668
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope you enjoyed your days off and that yesterday wasn't too bad. I know you are ready for the bad weather to be OVER !!

Enjoy your weekend !
Old 02-15-2014, 05:40 PM   #1669
Big Yapper!

Sorry I've been MIA. Yep, the storm was bad and the clean up is still going on, and then we got some more snow today. I haven't looked outside to see if it's still falling down but I've heard a sand truck go by a while ago and not much other traffic. I can wait until tomorrow to assess the damage.

Long story short, I heard that one of the other barn workers was being considered for the caretaker job and the apartment. I felt hurt so I decided today to draft a letter and email it to the director, telling her that I would like to know more about the position and to be considered for it. I haven't heard back yet.

Back to work Sunday-Tuesday pm. Picked up a house key and got the instructions for doing a daily feed and check on some cats while a lady and her husband are out of town. They don't live far from the farm so I said it wouldn't be any trouble. But walking in there today, it was pristine and I actually asked her if I should take my boots off at the door. She seemed glad that I asked and offered me slippers but I said my socks would be fine.

So I will try and go there BEFORE the farm cause if I go afterward, I'll be covered in hay and dirt and that can't be easily shaken off at the door. I'll just go when I'm clean. Their house is a very pretty color blue. Very attractive.

I wonder if things will ever come down to a place that feels normal again, farm wise. If they don't want me for caretaker, I hope they look for someone in my situation who has an income, who's older and reliable and will be around most of the time, and someone who doesn't need the hourly wage so much. I won't work completely for free but I did tell her in the letter that I realize that I wouldn't be compensated for as many hours as I currently am now. I said I was fine with that and it wouldn't be a hardship.

The farm has to see it as a benefit to itself or I'm dead in the water. If they can't come out on top, it doesn't matter what I say or how I say it.

Half way through February. Another year is flying by. I hope you're all doing well.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:10 PM   #1670
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope you hear something soon Cheryl one way or the other......

Nice of you to feed the cat for them.

Have a good day at work !
Old 02-17-2014, 07:14 PM   #1671
Big Yapper!

She never even read my email. I saw her tonight while I was wrapping up my barn chores and I had to ask her if she got it. I asked her to read it later and get back to me. This is what she wrote:

"Cheryl, yes absolutly you should be concidered for any new positions that would be afit for you. We are making changes and your input and how we structure these new positions and if they are a fit for you is very important. Lets plan a time to talk this week. Thank you for working with me, C."

Then I thought about what she said and wrote back:

"I thought since the job posting is in the paper and online that there must be a clear idea of what the caretaker position is all about. What are applicants being told they will receive and what is expected of them in return? This must already have been determined, otherwise why advertise?

I might not even want it, but I want to know more about it. I'd like the opportunity to decide if it would be too much for me or if I think I can deliver.

Thanks, C. Night. ~ Cheryl"

I don't believe this woman knows enough about running a business even though she knows a tremendous amount about horses. She is not the first director we've had and I hope she is not our last. This year may be the deciding factor. I have little hope of her pulling this off.

So, at least I heard back about my email. I went and fed the kitties before work. I called to them but nary a tail or paw did I see. They didn't drink much of their water but all their canned and dry food was gone. I filled up their dry food to the brim of the bowl, gave them a fresh bowl of water (cats are finicky) and split the can of food between the two halves of the partitioned bowl. Then I read the new note on the counter by the food. "Please use these rags and paper towels if the cats have vomited on the rug." Okay. So now I'm on daily puke patrol? I did the downstairs but I didn't go upstairs. I texted her. If she asks me to do a full-house puke check, I'll do it. I hate the small print, don't you? (I cleaned both litter boxes out, too.)

No volunteers tonight. Actually, no volunteers on Monday night as far as the eye can see. It was so cold that my face froze. I knew my nose was running but I couldn't feel my face. I wiped at it anyway. Even the thumb on my left hand got a sensation that must have been "frost nip." I never wear gloves cause I'm working with water and my phone is a touch screen and it always ends up being futile. Today, I should have had them on for some of the time. It feels okay now.

Going down to about zero tonight (already only 4 here where I live) and then around dawn, the next winter storm arrives. 8" or so, ending around the end of my pm shift. IhateCTIhateCTIhateCT.

When I finished work, I had hand carried 5 full buckets of water to the run-in buckets, another full bucket of water to the mini's run-in bucket, and then the buckets of water I just use to top off the barn stall buckets right before leaving. That was just the water. I put a full bag of bedding in the mini's shelter after I mucked it out. Wasn't much left for warmth or urine-soaking.

Put the turn-out sheets over the run-in horses. They already had their winter sheets on. They were all crooked so I did my best to fix all that before applying the other outer sheets. Passed all dinner hay, set up the hay cart for the manager to do night check. Picked the hooves on four of the horses. By the time I was down to the barn, that's when the director appeared. I asked her to pick those guys and dump the last wheelbarrow of manure.

I kept the horses out until 5 because of the pending storm and them probably going to be cooped up during it. I also think she (the manager) asked me to do a later turn-in cause the stalls have been a "hot mess" in the mornings. So I did all the sheet applications while they were outside. I still ended up mucking the stalls cause they looked like I turned them in at 4. I just didn't want to hear it.

I was lame by the time I finished work. I cleaned the poop out of the arena and dumped the water buckets that were in the paddock behind the barn and in the arena, and put those buckets inside. I didn't clean the paddock behind the barn but cleaned the mini's area cause they're in it 24/7 and the arena and the run-in area that Calvin and Lola spent the day in. Then I had to rake up another run-in area that the manager said she couldn't get to this morning.

I "hit the wall" while sweeping out the barn. I could barely get my clothes off of me when I got home. It's trash night and I was determined to push through the pain and get everything taken out but all I could do is sit down on my bed ever so slowly and just let things drop to the bed or the floor. Next thing I knew, I was stripping. I told myself I'd still take out the trash but after I rested. The trash isn't going anywhere. I can handle another week of living with it.

Seems every dog-gone trash night for the last month has been either wicked cold or during a storm or with a storm approaching. I see we are going into the 40's after this so I will do a happy dance when that happens.

Will post now before I lose it.

Last edited by CherylB; 02-17-2014 at 07:21 PM..
Old 02-18-2014, 08:09 PM   #1672
Big Yapper!!!!

soooo cold!! It's awful!! You poor thing...I couldn't hack that cold. I'd rather sweat my tushie off than freeze it off . Hope you rest well and can keep warm!!
Old 02-20-2014, 08:09 AM   #1673
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl....keep warm up there! It's been kinda warm down here. In the 50's the last couple days then it's going to be cold again in the 20's in a few days.

News here.... My mom fell an broke her wrist. Had surgery because she splintered the bone and it's broken in 2 places so she needed a plate and couple screws put in. Well the surgery went ok but they OD'd her on dilaudid! Yep! She went into respiratory failure. She would fall asleep bc her O2 sats kept falling into the low 60's high 50's and then she'd stop breathing! This went on there for 4 HOURS!!!! They were goin to she's her home! They told my dad I she stopped breathing to take he to the ER. Which, btw, is 40 mins from their house. They didn't want the paperwork and everything that goes with the fact that they gave her too much pain meds. She's ok now thank God! That was Tuesday. Yesterday I went and made them dinner and got my mom ready for bed. I don't know if I can get there today. There's too much going on here at home. But I'll get there tomorrow.

Hope you're ok and thawing out. A lot of snow melted yesterday but there's still a lot of ice to melt.

Ttys!
Old 02-20-2014, 09:09 AM   #1674
Big Yapper!

Oh, Tammy! How horrible that you had such a terrible medical mishap. Thank GOD she didn't go home. Did she zonk out while the discharge papers were being filed or how did that happen that she ended up staying that night? This was supposed to be like "day surgery"? "If she stops breathing, take her to the ER." Now there's some discharge instructions that make a lot of sense. CRIMINAL!

Thank God she's okay now. I feel bad for all of you, having to go through all that. Is your Dad not able to help her so that you don't need to go there every day? I can see she would need help bathing and with major stuff but is he okay with getting her dressed and to/from the bathroom, etc?

As far as the weather goes, I'm glad you've been mild. It's only just beginning to be mild here, today. It's been wicked, man. I just heard one of the front porch birds sing. it's been ages since I heard a bird song! I need to refill their spent feeder out there.

Only thing I need to leave the house for today is cat sitting. I made a couple calls yesterday, trying to decrease some of my bills. I can't get cheaper cell phone service if I stick with Sprint and my smartphone so I'd have to break the contract which costs $180 penalty. I can't get cheaper car insurance (unless I keep shopping around) even though I haven't had a claim in almost 20 years. I tried Progressive and I guess it's a lot like Geiko. They have to pay for those fancy ads somehow.

I DID get the health club to let me go. All I have to do is go sign the papers at the gym and I won't be spending $50/month for a membership I never use. I was surprised they let me go so easily. I'm going to pounce on it. Maybe I'll do that today while out on the cat sitting trip. Quicker I do it, the better my chances are that I won't get charged for another month.

I might try Nationwide insurance and maybe a few other companies before I give up on the car insurance idea. If they charge this much for my OLD car, I can't imagine what they'd charge for something newer. I think of dropping my insurance often but there are penalties for that. I'm not sure I want to "go down that road."

I'm so tired of wasting money. These days when living is so expensive, I can put those dollars to much better use. I was at the store the other day and I stood in amazement in the dairy food section, looking at the balls of mozzarella cheese. The price for each "ball" was $5. Some were even more but none were less. That just struck me as ridiculous. I didn't buy any.

Tammy, I hope you're mom is feeling better now. I also hope the mild weather lasts long enough to melt much of the snow we have accumulated. My backyard freestanding bird baths look like bowls sitting on the top of the snow.

Have a happy day, ladies. I'm enjoying some bright sunshine for a change! It's been so long.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:36 PM   #1675
Big Yapper!

My back has been KILLING me lately. Today, I found my back brace and applied it for a while. It felt better almost immediately. I start thinking about supplements that I could be taking for pain and energy and remember things like Glucosamine and Chondroitin, and stuff and one thing leads to another and I find myself on the Netrition website.

I'm about to place my order for CoQ10, G&C and Super Cortisol Support when I decide to google possible drug interactions, cause I'm on quite a few. Well, CoQ10 can interact with statins, or something like that. It also told me that a side effect of taking a statin is MUSCLE PAIN AND WEAKNESS.

I took them out of my nightly pill box and I will see how the back pain resolves. I think I stand to gain more by the supplements than I stand to lose by stopping the Statin. I heard my knees today, while walking down the staircase in the cat lady's house. My left knee was making scraping noises. No real pain, just wasn't happy with the load it has to deal with. That's what got me thinking about the G&C again. I had some but not a lot and it's so expensive to commit to a regimen of OTC drugs.

Well, I took two of those just a few minutes ago and I ordered the three bottles of the other stuff. That way I won't run out of the G&C when this bottle is done.

I cancelled the gym membership on the drive home from the cat house. I took my dog for the ride so she was happy. She got to go somewhere. So I save $50/month and I can get a full tank of gas or buy supplements with that money. Much better spent on the other things.

Cats appear to be missing their owners. They didn't eat their canned food and they drank a lot more water than they have been. I looked all around for signs of "physical distress" and found none, but I didn't see either of the cats today either. I don't want to tell them via a text that they are feeling blue. I'll wait and see what they ate and drank tomorrow. I cleaned their litter pans for the second day in a row, just cause I was worried about them and was looking for clues.

So I think I've made some positive changes today. I had some second thoughts about the gym membership but what I love about the gym is the "idea" of having a membership and being able to go swimming any time I want to. I have to accept the fact that most people do just like I did (again). I'm really happy they let me out of the contract with no fighting.

Much milder today. Lots of melting going on. Wish we could get a solid week of this so we can get all the snow melted before we start to "reload" with the late season storms. I doubt we're finished with snow.

I hope you are all having a nice day. Tammy, I hope your Momma is doing much better and isn't in much discomfort.

Last edited by CherylB; 02-20-2014 at 02:39 PM..
Old 02-20-2014, 03:30 PM   #1676
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good call Cheryl,
Wait till you have the nerve to use the gym to sign up... & probably on a smaller contract? That would really bother me to pay for something I'm not using.
Hope your weather cooperates. We're getting warmer, but the snow is piling up a couple of inches a day... good for the water-shed anyway.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:37 PM   #1677
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I didn't go to my mom and dad's today because of the rain. I called and she said she was ok. My dad got her dressed and they had soup in the fridge to eat for dinner. I'll go tomorrow and make dinner. My dad is 5 yrs older than my mom. He's 72 and has a bad back. He also doesn't cook. He can put a potatoe in the microwave and make a sandwich. But not a meal. Lol. Something he has never had to do. I'm going to ask my brother to go over there Saturday to cook for them. He is capable. It's a long drive for him, but he doesn't have to work and I'd like to stay home Saturday with my dh.

I wonder why you never see the cats. Hmmm. Odd. Bet they see you though! Lol.

My car is out of service now. It has a cracked engine something. I don't care. Whatever. I have progressive insurance and I've has it for many years now. I'm very satisfied with it. They handled my dd's car accident quick. And hers ago someone hit me head on and they took care of that fast too. I'll never change.

Well, I'm watching American idol so gonna go for now. Ttys!
Old 02-20-2014, 06:41 PM   #1678
Big Yapper!

That would be a big help if your brother cooked something for them that they could eat the leftovers from for a while. Fortunately, there are many easy to prepare foods nowadays, though for us who are trying to stay healthy and maybe lose weight, they aren't the greatest options. The frozen food sections are great for finding entire prepared meals just ready to heat and serve. I'd load them up with that type of food so they could keep themselves going and not need so many frequent visits just for meals.

I saw the cat yesterday. He let me pet him and even accompanied me down into the basement. The other cat I haven't seen even one time. All I know is his name is Hawkeye. But the not eating their food thing is new as of today. If they still haven't eaten their canned food tomorrow, I'll let the owners know. Maybe there's something I can do to brighten their day. A saucer of milk or something.

Sorry about your car. It's great that you like your insurance company but how is that going to help you get your engine fixed? I think of that and wonder why you have to wrap your car around a telephone pole in order to get help paying for car repairs on a policy you've been paying for (in one way or another, to one group or another) and getting nothing in return for it. Makes me so MAD. YKWIM; when it just breaks instead of gets in a wreck.

I tried to watch AI last night for the first time this season but I lost interest after seeing one of the 10 remaining guys (cut down from 15 by the judges, as they told it) and he was simply "bad." And what have they done to Keith Urban's hair? Leave well-enough alone! Blond and simple works just great for him. Don't try to make him look like Justin Beiber.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:22 PM   #1679
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Funny Cheryl! Yeah, I haven't watched it all the way through for quite a few years. Mostly just like the try-outs.

I think lots of kitties go on hunger strikes when their people go away... they're emotional, like women!
Old 02-20-2014, 09:00 PM   #1680
Big Yapper!!!!

Glad it's a bit warmer at least...it's a start . Also glad you were able to get out of the gym donation...that'll add up! Im not too good with supplements, i dont follow through on them enough to actually see any impact from them. my thyroid meds help, and a good multi, magnesium/potassium is I'm working out a lot, and i like biotin for my hair/nails.

I'm sure the cats will be ok, they're a bit finicky, and eventually come around. Hope you slept well!