Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2014, 11:00 AM   #1621
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
It's surprisingly mild today. The snow is melting and it was no biggie to clean up the steps, porch or paths. Tonight will be another storm, though. Looks like a nor'easter. No telling how much we'll get or if it will be primarily snow or a mixture. I'm working Wednesday pm, too. I forgot I said I'd work it for my manager.

I hope you all have a lovely day.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2014, 12:41 PM   #1622
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Just a quick post. Guess what?!?! Chloe's finally potty trained!!!! I went to the store last night and bought her regular big girl panties and got pull ups for at night, school and when we go out somewhere. She wore them today to school. The teacher said she told her during play time she had to go but started going when they got her to the bathroom. I don't think they were as fast as we are to get her on the potty. She can't hold it forever people!!! Geeze. But when we got home she told me she had to go and went. ��. I'm so excited to get her out of diapers. You just don't know! Lol.

We are getting a bad storm here this evening into tomorrow then another Sunday. I'm tired of the ice! I get stuck indoors!

Glad the bunny and Cissy are doing well. What about your fishy??? Did you get a warmer for him?

Have a good evening and I'll talk to you soon. Text me some time. Byeee!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:17 PM   #1623
Big Yapper!

Yea!!! WTG Chloe! So happy for you too, Tammy. PARTY TIME! It's a big deal when no more diapers are required. I hear ya!

We're getting that stupid storm sometime during the night tonight. So you're already in the midst of it? How bad is it? Heavy, wet snow or fluffy stuff? I thought I was working tomorrow for the manager but she said she doesn't need me to now. I'm done for the week.

Mr Fishy is doing really well. I haven't bought the warmer yet but he seems like he's doing great without it. I will just leave things as they are for now. Need to focus on Cissy and Cooper.

Speaking of Cissy, she's been sick all night and day. She vomited twice last night (several piles) and kept wanting to go out. I think she just wanted to eat grass. Today she wouldn't touch her kibbles and I don't know if she drank any water at all. I tried to coax her to eat a kibble or two by giving it to her by hand, one at a time. She just turns her head and body completely away. No more vomit when I came home from work, so at least that's passed now. Then again, she's got nothing in her gut to up-chuck now.

I'm worried about her. If she's still not eating tomorrow, I'm going to take her to the Vet. At least they can give her fluids under her skin (a big bolus that absorbs slowly into their system) and maybe check her stool for parasites or something.

She just drank some water!!! I put her out to go potty, called her back in and she came but with zero zip in her step. I took her into the bathroom and blow dried her (she loves that) and after she was all toasty, she followed me into the kitchen. While I was in the refrigerator, she drank some water.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:46 PM   #1624
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hope Cissy comes through this. Wonder if she ate something that didn't agree with her... rabbit food? When Molly went through that, I used a baster to force liquids down her. She also got those big pillow lump-injections.
Tay I'm so happy for you & your DGD! Way to go smart girl!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:01 PM   #1625
Big Yapper!

She doesn't have access to bunny food so I don't think it's that. She might have eaten something out in the yard. She likes to hunt around for tidbits. I see her eating things sometimes and it's often a mystery what she's noshing on. But I haven't seen her this sick since she was just a puppy and at that time, I had to take her to the vet and they kept her for a few days.

I just opened a can of tuna and strained the juice into a bowl. She loves that and she drank it all down. Will watch her closely.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:13 PM   #1626
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
poor baby. Hope she feels better soon. Good that you had something she loves to coax her with !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:47 PM   #1627
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Hi cheryl
Hope Cissy is better.
I am back at work so will drop you a mail shortly.
lola001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:17 AM   #1628
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
So how is Cissy today?
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:11 AM   #1629
Big Yapper!

Lola! So nice to see you again. Here is a copy/paste from the horse thread:

Oh, ladies. Just cleaned off my car, dug a path to the driveway, waited for the plow guy to come (I texted him and he gave me an estimate of 45 minutes to an hour) and just sat in my car talking to my sister on the phone until he arrived. We got a solid foot of snow with drifts here and there. February is not being any kinder to us than January was. Temps not as cold but Winter is winter.

So at least that's done. I was scraping off the side porch and steps and it started sleeting. I decided it was time to go back inside. Stripped off all my clothes and now I'm done air drying. Cool enough to enjoy a cup of coffee which I'm about to go fix. BRB.

Picking up this post more than an hour later. Cisco's been ill for a few days now. It's started with vomiting through the night, then the next day she wouldn't eat anything or drink water. Lethargic. That evening I got her to eat a little bit of chicken and drink some "tuna juice." Sorry if this is a repeat. So today I notice she's got diarrhea while I'm drying the snow balls off of her legs (the sort of long fur she has is a snow magnet.)

I clean her bottom up and then consider taking her to the vet. After cleaning out the car and getting plowed, I came in and she was a little more like herself and she ate some kibbles this morning if I put them on the floor. I decided with the change over to sleet I'd better put off the vet until tomorrow.

Then I google what can happen if a dog eats bunny poop and it's highly likely that she's got Leptospirosis. That requires antibiotics or can damage her liver and kidneys. I made an appointment for 3:40 and then set out to get a stool and urine sample. I walked through the yard to clear a path for her to walk in, rather than her trying to fight through it herself. After that I brought her out and praise God, she peed while I was within reach to slip a paper plate under her and catch some. There was snow as well as urine on the plate but I did my best. She didn't squat where I'd "plowed."

Got what I think was her stool from the top of the snow (didn't see her do it but after examining it closely compared to the other stool (two dogs live here), one was definitely less healthy looking. The stool I picked up was in a long spirally pile.

It's 2 o'clock now and Bantam is a long drive from here. I have to go up a literal mountain to get there and I'm normally about 30 minutes from them on a good day. I think I might head out in about a half hour. I hope and pray that I don't get stuck. I have to get her to the Dr, not get stranded on some icy mountain road with a sick dog. Please Lord, bless our car and clear a path for us to safely travel on.

Prayers appreciated for us both. And if she does have Lepto, I pray they give me something to also treat the rabbit with so this doesn't keep happening. I hope adopting this rabbit doesn't turn out to have been a colossal mistake.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:12 AM   #1630
Big Yapper!

PS: I made her a scrambled egg (nothing else in it) and fed that to her this morning once it cooled off. Then she went to her water bowl but didn't drink. She just went and laid back down.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:18 PM   #1631
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Oh man. I'll be praying hard for an uneventful trip up and down that mountain.
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:47 PM   #1632
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh no ! Be careful Cheryl. Praying for you and Cissy...... let us know when you are home safe !
Old 02-05-2014, 03:20 PM   #1633
Big Yapper!

Thank you, ladies. The trip went fine. Roads were bad but I went slow and kept a lot of distance between me and the cars ahead. One time some moron driving a big pick up was following so close behind me that I got fed up after about a quarter mile. I put the window down and waved for him to pass me. Don't tail gate me, buddy! I'm driving a sedan! I can only go so fast in this weather.

So 30 miles round trip and we made it there and back safely. Cissy has nothing that can be easily identified so just something she ate or your basic, run-of-the-mill virus. No fever, stool sample only showed plant matter, urine had too much snow in it. Basically everything was a waste of time, but we did get her some meds to start giving her tomorrow if she's keeping down her bland diet of rice and chicken. So far, she's had one small plate of it and later I'll give her some more. If all stays down through the night, I'll give her more and make a fresh batch.

At the vet's, she was almost acting like her normal self. If she was that way at home, I wouldn't have taken her. She even ate those little freebie snacks on the counter in the exam room and woofed for a few more. I think just getting to go for a ride in the car and get to see people, it perked her up. Once we got back home, she seemed to crash. She wore herself out.

The storm has been a bad one. It never stopped. I thought when we got plowed, it was pretty much over but it just kept shifting gears and changing form. Sleet, snow, freezing rain, back to snow. It finally ended on my way back home. Another storm coming Sunday. Oy.

Need to go pay my bills. I usually do that the day I get paid and that was 2 days ago. Can't let those things slide. Ttyl. Thank you for all the prayers! I'm safe and Cissy's on the mend so they worked.

Last edited by CherylB; 02-05-2014 at 03:21 PM..
Old 02-05-2014, 03:44 PM   #1634
Blabbermouth!!!

good to hear it . hope she can keep her food down and has a good night.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:04 PM   #1635
Big Yapper!

She has eaten two small plates of rice and chicken spaced about 4 hours apart. No nausea and no urgent need to rush outdoors to go potty. I have been doing butt baths each time she comes in, for multiple reasons. This last one is a lot better. Hopefully tomorrow, the rice will have given stability to her gut and she will be back to having formed stools.

Antibiotics start with breakfast, which will be the last of the rice and chicken I made for her today. If she eats her kibble that's sitting around in her bowl, I might wean her off the people food in the next couple days. Don't want to get her so into it that she turns her nose up at dog food after she's all better.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:21 PM   #1636
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sorry for all you went through. Hope Cissy gets well fast! Molly gets that way with scraps... always waits till there's no hope before she'll eat the dog food. But a crumb or two gets her eating happily.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:07 AM   #1637
Big Yapper!

Little Miss Cissy woke me up to go outside about 4 times through the night. I put her in the bathroom with a bowl of water and put up the child gate so I didn't close the door and make her feel isolated. Each time she barked to go out, it didn't look like she'd been laying down on her bed, the rug in front of the sink or the rug by the tub. Made me think that she stood there by the gate all night.

She's still going out frequently today. She ate all the rest of the rice and chicken for breakfast and I gave her the first dose of antibiotics. There had been kibble in her bowl and she ate that this morning after I let her back in the last time (before I got up for the day.) She's on the road to recovery, thank God.

I think I'm going to keep her more strictly on dog food and cut way back on the scraps and marrow bones, though she loves them as much as life. She will have to adjust. We can't afford these types of serious illnesses at her age. She's 77 in dog years.

It's in the 20's today but sunny so there is some melting going on here. I'm feeling really lazy so have no plans to leave the house. I have all that I'm going to need to get comfortably through the day, thank you Lord. Me, Cissy and Cooper are good to go.

I can really sense the days getting longer and the sun's effects getting stronger as it slides into a higher arc across the sky. Winter's days are numbered. Groundhogs be damned.

Not much else to say at the present. Ttyl. Have a lovely day, all.

Last edited by CherylB; 02-06-2014 at 10:09 AM..
Old 02-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #1638
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hey stranger! Sorry to read bout Cissy. Can I recommend you give her some plain yogurt too? If she's got potty trouble and you add the antibiotic, you'll end up with worse diaharrea... I speak from experience here . Hope it warms up for you guys soon!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:36 AM   #1639
Big Yapper!

I never give dogs dairy. Well, I try not to. They are lactose intolerant and I've just never given them anything like that once I had a bad experience with a dog once in the past. But I am giving her rice and chicken and the rice is to help her bowels bind up and the stool to solidify.

I just followed her out and about when she wanted to go potty again (seems to need to go every 2-3 hours. It's getting better but it's going to take time. I'm simmering more rice right now and will continue with the rice and chicken as per the Vet's suggestions. But thanks for the idea of plain yogurt. I hope I don't need to go that route.

It's just going to take a few days for it to settle down and work itself out. When it does, I will be one happy dog owner. I will be really happy to have my usual dog back, too.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:20 PM   #1640
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay for Cissy! So glad she's doing better... they say fermented foods have better bacteria in it then anything...I looked it up & sent you a link... looks promising. (See below)

Kefir and fresh sauerkraut are inexpensive, readily available and are two of the best sources of viable, high quality probiotics - in fact both of these foods contain more strains of bacteria and more probiotics than most supplements.

Sauerkraut typically contains 13 strains of bacteria and about 100 times more probiotics than most probiotoc supplements. Kefir typically contains about 10 strains and 5 billion beneficial bacteria. Only the best of Probiotic Supplements for dogs can match these two foods! Your dog gets all of the health benefits at a fraction of the cost of prepared supplements.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:00 PM   #1641
Blabbermouth!!!

Aww.. so glad she's better !! Hope you both get some sleep tonight

That fermented sauerkraut sounds yummy Debby ! I would like to try it, never had the fresh kind.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:28 PM   #1642
Big Yapper!

No idea what kefir is but I do have sauerkraut. I will give her some when she's feeling almost 100% again. How do you get a dog to eat that, anyway? If I cut up a hot dog and mixed it all together, it might get eaten up. I don't think dogs would find that too yummy though.

So far, so good. She's feeling so much better each day and by Sunday she should be good as new. Tonight she jumped up on the bed after I encouraged her to, and she did come up but her hind legs were struggling to get on top of the mattress. That shows she's still not quite there yet. I lifted her off the bed and set her on the floor after we snuggled a while.

Nighty night, ladies. Will come tell all tomorrow after the meeting.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:48 PM   #1643
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kifer is like yogurt, only better for you. I would just sneak a TBS or so into her food... Molly would love it!
Old 02-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #1644
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Hey Cheryl, just a short post.

Glad Cissy is getting better. And you're well.

I go for my first nerve block in the morning. It's for my left leg. Next Friday one for the right side. Pray for me. These hurt! I'll text you tomorrow. My appt is for 9:30 and I'll be home by 11. It's a long ride. Almost an hour.

Have a good night!
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:20 PM   #1645
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry, Tammy. I'm just now reading the post you put up here last night. I went to bed early in the hope of getting a good rest before a staff meeting this morning. I hope your nerve block went as well as it could go and that you are as comfortable as you can be after that procedure.

I wrote all about the meeting on the horse thread. I don't want to post it over here, too. It's a good read, though. You should go see what it was like. I can't honestly say what was accomplished. I feel less important and influential than I thought I was before. Makes me less likely to stay and put up with all the inclement weather conditions, bugs, etc. I will just hang out, do my job and see how things develop this Spring.

Cissy is back to her normal old self today! She went all night long without needing to go out and go potty one time. And she's back to being HUNGRY. Pushy-hungry, where she stares me down and barks when I ignore her staring. My baby's back! Thank you, Lord.

Tammy, rest well and text me later if you feel up to it. I'm going to stay at home and "recover."

Last edited by CherylB; 02-07-2014 at 01:33 PM..
Old 02-08-2014, 10:44 AM   #1646
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay !! Cissy's better ! I know that "makes your day"

haven't gone over to read about meeting, need to do that ! Enjoy your day off !
Old 02-08-2014, 12:15 PM   #1647
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bummer about your job situation being less satisfying. Communication & teamwork are so important. Looking for the good & refusing to 'dwell' on what you can't change will certainly be much better for your head-space. Possibly its just what you need to make you ready for the changes the Lord has for you in the future. More doors will certainly open.
So glad to hear Cissy's feeling her oats again. Molly's a different gal right now. She's so agitated... I hope it doesn't last too long. Will call the vet for spaying date soon!
Hope you find some pleasant times at work & your joy may return full on!
Old 02-08-2014, 05:14 PM   #1648
Big Yapper!

Thank you, Debby. I had a good day today. Here's what I wrote on the horse lover's thread. I'm glad little Molly has a date with the Dr.

Just got a text from the director. The Vet is dropping off the steroids for Daphne either Monday or Tuesday!!!! I'm so happy!

I played "Bible Roulette" before going to work today. That's what my husband and I used to call it when you'd hold a Bible in your hands, close you eyes and ask God to speak to you. Then open the book and read what was there. Well, today it was a very peaceful passage and it helped me greatly. The first few words began with "Peace be with you." It was all about after Jesus's resurrection and the numerous occasions and ways He appeared to His disciples.

I had three volunteers and I think reading the Bible did give me peace and make me handle the little things better. It made me a better supervisor and teacher. I think the young ladies learned things and didn't feel I was being harsh in any way. I can be abrupt and short with idiotic behavior (aka things that teenagers do so well.)

It was really cold but no wind. Everyone got groomed and their winter sheets put on. Nothing out of the ordinary happened except I saw Charmed biting his tongue for the first time ever. He's our cribber. Tongue biting is a similar thing, isn't it? Hope he doesn't keep that up.

God blessed me using Frodo today, too. I was standing there at the gate to the Arena where he, Cowboy and Charmed were turned out for the day. They pretty much were done with being out there but it was too early to bring them in. So I was just standing there and he had his head hanging over the gate. He was looking into my eyes and he put his nose right up to my lips.

I tried to stay still and not laugh and just breathe but I couldn't help it. I was giggling and holding onto the gate, arching my back to keep from having to take a step backward. I didn't know if it was going to end well but I let him keep doing it. He started to softly lick me! Like, right on my face. I have never had a horse do that to me before. I took it as a gift from the Lord.

I will find the positive things about my job. And I will make a difference there, even though it might not be exactly how I'd have it. I'm extremely encouraged that the director is going outside her comfort zone and is going to give Daphne something that is an actual drug. It's not how she operates. She's as holistic as they come. Thank you, Lord. Now let her see how much Daphne improves once she's been given the full course of the medicine!

Supposed to start snowing tomorrow afternoon and then on and off through the evening. Don't think it's supposed to amount to much but it might keep the volunteers away. Sunday ones are pretty hard-core so they will probably show up.

Have a good night, ladies. Thank you for all your support.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:17 PM   #1649
Blabbermouth!!!

super sweet ! Glad God gave you Grace and Peace today !
Old 02-08-2014, 06:18 PM   #1650
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm so happy for you! That's such a great answer & testimony,
wonderful news about the horse's treatment too.
No 'visiting dogs' or otherwise today. Molly got extra 'loves' today, so its going not too bad. I'll have to wait till the heat is over to make the appointment.