Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 08:03 AM   #1531
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Just reading about your experience with the over-excited horses was really intense; I can't imagine how it must have felt to be trapped in the stall with them. I'd have been terrified. I know you are sensitive to anxiety (as am I) but you also seem to have an aspect to your temperament which enables you to maintain a calm outlook in stressful situations such as that one. Wish I could more frequently access my own inner calm.

Unlike most of my IRL friends and unlike you as well, I'm very much a morning person. I'm also the sort of person who wants to take care of job responsibilities, chores and all unpleasant tasks and activities as soon as possible. I like to get them behind me so I can enjoy the rest of my day. Since I wake up early anyway this is usually pretty easy for me but I understand that for night owls such as yourself and my IRL friends things are more complicated. If the morning slot does open up I know you'll have a difficult decision to make but it might be fun to shake up your routine a little. Life in a rut can get to be boring and you might find you enjoy a change in schedule.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2014, 10:34 AM   #1532
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Lola, I wasn't in a stall with them, I was in a run-in. That's like a corral that is attached to a single stall. It gives the lucky horse a place to come out and stretch his legs and visit his other neighbors who have run-ins. I went NEAR the stall door of Charmed to see if he had a wound on his butt from being bitten but when he acted aggressive toward me, I got the heck out of his run-in. I never saw him act that way. I guess every day, we get a little wiser.

You have to remain calm and you have to project a certain energy that tells the horses that you're the one in charge. They are fight or flight animals. Most of what they do is threaten if they feel threatened, but there's always the chance you can get kicked or run over if you don't use your head.

That's what unnerves me about having all these volunteers roaming around and being responsible for their safety. Many have little experience around horses. Some have none. I don't know why we allow that, but we do. It used to be that they only took volunteers with a background in horses.

When I removed the two horses that were not really the problem, the one that was going berserk settled right down. He stopped running and just thought I was going to be bringing him in next. NOT! He stayed out there for about a half hour more. He was his normal self when I did put his halter on and lead him to the barn.

Oh, ladies. It's raining and it's my Friday. It is going to rain until about 7. I don't recall who I have for volunteers. I have to look on the schedule but there's always the chance they will cancel. Who can blame them? I hope the horses are inside. I will not be trying to clean paddocks. They can stay as they are. The mud must be past the ankles by now.

Have a good day, everyone. Oh! And Lola, so nice that you are a morning girl and like to tackle your to-do's right away. I am the polar opposite, I'm afraid. I am a terrible procrastinator and go for the path of least resistance. I'm in a groove (or a RUT) where I am a pleasure-seeker. Instant gratification rules. And that's why I can't get back on a weight loss plan. I have to stop the madness.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:17 AM   #1533
Senior LCF Member

I am always fascinated by the way in which animals can pick up unspoken signals and sense fear, aggression or other disturbance in humans. Many years ago an old acquaintance showed up uninvited at my door in the middle of a dinner party. He'd moved to another state and I'd not seen him or even been in touch for many years. Of course I invited him in to share dinner with us and our friends but our normally friendly dog was wary and kept warning us by barking non-stop at the visitor. Our dog never had acted in such a manner before. We should have paid attention to that warning as it turned out that the old acquaintance had developed bipolar disorder and happened to be in a manic phase when he landed on our doorstep. He ended up essentially invading us and disrupting our life for a few days. The entire experience was disastrous and very distressing. Our dog sensed there was something wrong with the fellow the minute we opened the door and was so much more perceptive than we were.

Cheryl, I have a tendency toward procrastination in some matters that I am sure is probably greater than yours. One way I try to deal with that tendency is by forcing myself to tackle things I don't want to do so I can get them over with and not have to worry about them. Something that helps me in that regard is the fact that I tend to be a real worry-wart and certain things left undone or postponed can end up causing me a great deal of anxiety. In my case I'm able to take care of a lot of things, not because I'm not a procrastinator, but instead because I can't deal with the anxiety and the stress. For me it is better to get things done with so I don't have to think about them any longer and don't have to be consumed with worry.

Last edited by LolaGetz; 01-15-2014 at 06:20 AM..
Old 01-15-2014, 08:53 AM   #1534
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
on the rain...hope you have good, helpful volunteers! You've learned and grown so much at your job. It's wonderful! Hope you enjoy the next few days off. And don't be too hard in yourself. We all get in ruts. Human nature to do what's familiar and comfortable .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:40 AM   #1535
Big Yapper!

Hi, ladies. What a difference a day makes! It is so sunny and Spring-like outside. Calm, warm (in the 40's with no wind, so feels balmy to us northerners) and I am just elated to have a reprieve from the periodic madness of winter. I did some spring cleaning and that makes me Well, actually I just took out trash and recyclables that were piling up. If I can drag out the vacuum and move that around, the house will be very much better than it is right now.

Lola, how scary about your dog and the bipolar friend. Animals really do know things that we can't sense. Some dogs are used to sniff out cancer in patients, others are used as service dogs that alert people to an oncoming seizure. It's truly remarkable. I love all animals. They each seem to have their own little niche in the world and without any of them, things would fall out of balance.

I hear you about anxiety along with procrastination but in my case, the procrastination wins. I have that "analysis paralysis" which makes just having to face things and make decisions is such an uncomfortable situation. Not facing it right now always feels like the better option. For example, just what I did today, going through the house and gathering up trash and recycle stuff, I had to take a deep breath and decide it was time. It's been time for a very L.O.N.G time.

But with this glorious day, I have the blinds pulled up on the south and south west corners of the house and it's simply lovely. That kind of weather is like the light at the end of the tunnel you're in. It's fabulous!

Julie, I'm overdue for going to your journal again. Yesterday I came home from work and I was saturated. I wore a raincoat but it's not long. And at one point, (around 5:30pm), I stepped out of the barn without my raincoat and it seemed to have stopped raining. I walked up to the stalls on the hill to do my last pass through with the fork and wheelbarrow and before I even got there, it was raining again. All I had was a few minute gap in the clouds, apparently. I just figured, "Oh well. Wet is wet."

Got home, stripped off my clothes and just partied for having my week behind me. Two days off now! And what a glorious two days they will be. My house will be so much nicer by the time I return to work this Friday. I will do something significant a couple times each day and before I know it, I will once again not worry if someone comes knocking on my door (unless he's a long-lost friend who is bipolar.)

Have a great day, friends.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-15-2014 at 09:47 AM..
Old 01-15-2014, 07:50 PM   #1536
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Hi Cheryl! I was in Ky since Sunday and got back this evening. We were only suppose to stay one night too! Shawn wanted us to visit a few days. We won't see him again til summer. That 8 hr drive is just too much for me. My legs and feet swell and pain level goes thru the roof!
Read your posts. A lot going on at the farm. You still thinking about morning shifts? No way could I ever work early. Mornings are awful for me.
We'll I'll talk to ya tomorrow. Nite.
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:53 AM   #1537
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
Hi Cheryl! I was in Ky since Sunday and got back this evening. We were only suppose to stay one night too! Shawn wanted us to visit a few days. We won't see him again til summer. That 8 hr drive is just too much for me. My legs and feet swell and pain level goes thru the roof!
Read your posts. A lot going on at the farm. You still thinking about morning shifts? No way could I ever work early. Mornings are awful for me.
We'll I'll talk to ya tomorrow. Nite.
I'm just now seeing this! The thread didn't show up in my control panel as having any new posts on it. I'm so sorry, Tammy! I was wondering about you, too.

I'm sorry the drive there and back is so hard on you. No way around that one, though. Summer's a long way off. How happy is he to be back in the states? I hope he's able to sleep more naturally now or at least over time.

Things are still very much up in the air at the farm. In fact, there was a meeting held today, mainly about the equine manager. I just got a call from her (as I was typing this) and she is sitting in her truck at a convenience store, eating a bag of donuts, drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes. They want her to leave but they haven't told her officially yet.

It's a nightmare. I feel so bad for her, I have nothing but questions regarding what's coming next, whether they will also want me gone because I'm too vocal and confront them, whether I will have more days and hours to work, whether the morning girl is leaving, yada, yada, yada.

I've been writing on the horse and bunny thread so I have been neglecting my journal. I am sorry, ladies. We have a very pretty snow right now. It started as just fine flurries and now they are fat flakes drifting straight down to earth. I'm not working today so it seems pretty. I said it was pretty to the manager and she said, "Hmm. Yeah. Pretty." She's doing the pm feed shift today.

She lives there and now she feels like she only wants to be there when she has to be. She called me from her car cause she feels like they're listening to her.

Anyway, that's what's going on here. I'm really sorry I missed your post, Tammy. Don't know how that happened. Glad you are home safe and I hope you are feeling much better this many days after getting back.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:25 AM   #1538
Senior LCF Member

Yikes, Cheryl. Things at the farm seem mired in confusion. What a shame about the equine manager. How in the world would they run the farm without a manager? And, since she us living there, should they get rid of her she'd be losing not only her job but her home as well. How awful! My impression is that the problems have arisen due to a lack of funds, right? How does the farm get funds? Do you charge for lessons? Do you get money from donors or grants? Who is in charge of fundraising? I sure hope things get straightened out there. The farm seems like such a positive endeavor and also a wonderful fit for you.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:00 AM   #1539
Big Yapper!

No, the problems between the director, the administrator and the manager are more complicated than just money. Different philosophies of how to treat and feed the horses, for one. The director believes in only homeopathic stuff, which unfortunately doesn't work when it comes time to worm the horses. And they need wormed regularly.

She will need to move out but she has a condo that she's renting out to a friend. She went to a party for a co-worker at her healthcare job last night and she has multiple offers for places to stay and also trucks and strong backs to help her move. She is loved at her other job. Says a lot, don't you think? I'm glad for her to have all this support but still, she's very sad and rightly so.

I don't know if they will get someone to move into her apartment on the farm, but whoever they get, they will not be given a title with "manager" in it. More like "caretaker" most likely. All management aspects of her job have been removed, little by little and taken over by the director. Another big controversy and bone of contention between the two of them.

We hold fundraisers throughout the year to try and drum up money and support. We get grants and donations here and there and the administrator and board of directors are in charge of all of that stuff. I don't understand all the inner workings of the facility. I try not to get too deep into it, iykwim. I prefer to just do my job. And yes, the riders all have to pay for their lessons. Sometimes there are funds to help some manage that.

Working again today. Temps in the 20's with a bit of wind. Will be dressed appropriately and hope that the volunteers show up. Maybe we can walk the horses out around the field. Just wish they were all "walkable." Frodo and Calvin are way too "happy" when out on a walk and they are hard to control. That leaves it up to me to deal with them, for the safety of the volunteers. Takes all the fun out of it.

If they've been exercised already today, maybe we'll just skip that part. We can throw hay down from the loft and that will please the manager too.

Well, have a great day, everyone.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:47 PM   #1540
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Hi Cheryl! Sounds like the farm really has issues. If I worked there I'd keep my distance from them. I wouldn't be involved in any way.
Shawn is ok. He doesn't always text back so I don't talk to him very often.
It's been cold and snowy here. We have gotten about 4-5 inches in the last couple days. I was going to go to church this morning but looked outside and went right back to bed glad I hadn't woke up Chloe.
I started WWers last week and doing well with it. I like the freedom of it. It's simple too. Just stay in my points and lose weight. ��. I'm doing it online for $18 a month. There's boards on the site like this and I'm involved in those. I'll be trying some of the recipes too.
Watched alittle football today, Denver won. They played the Patriots.
Nothing else going on.
Hope you had a good day today. ��

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

Tammy
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:15 PM   #1541
Big Yapper!

I have a question: What is it with guys and texting? I don't know ANY of them who do it. Is it similar to eating quiche? Just curious. Would be a great question to post on facebook. Think I'll go post it right now.

There! Done deal. We've only gotten a dusting of snow the last two times, thankfully. Not even worth cleaning up. I had to chip the remnants off my windshield today but that's only cause it sat and then the sun warmed it just enough to make it soften and refreeze. No biggie.

Who's the tike with Chloe in your Avi? I hope you hear from Shawn more often. Maybe call him rather than text. I know you don't want to hound him but that's what Mom's are for. Mom's are allowed to be Mom's.

So THAT'S who killed the Patriot's chances of making it to the Super bowl! Mom told me they lost today. She wasn't too devastated, though. At least she didn't let on that she was. She was on the computer playing bingo which she used to do daily but hasn't done in ages. She says it hurts her back. She got two bingo's! Conciliation for the Pat's losing?

Have a great night, Tammy. Stay warm.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:37 PM   #1542
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry. I neglected to talk about the WW's. That's wonderful, honey! That's a great price and I'm glad it's working for you. In the end, all it has to be is something you can live with that will reign in the madness and teach you how to live with food and not go crazy. I'm researching those various methods right now myself. Not sure which way I'll go, but as long as I just stop BINGING, I'm bound to lose a lot of weight in the next few weeks.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:37 PM   #1543
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I'm just now seeing this! The thread didn't show up in my control panel as having any new posts on it. I'm so sorry, Tammy! I was wondering about you, too.

I'm sorry the drive there and back is so hard on you. No way around that one, though. Summer's a long way off. How happy is he to be back in the states? I hope he's able to sleep more naturally now or at least over time.

Things are still very much up in the air at the farm. In fact, there was a meeting held today, mainly about the equine manager. I just got a call from her (as I was typing this) and she is sitting in her truck at a convenience store, eating a bag of donuts, drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes. They want her to leave but they haven't told her officially yet.

It's a nightmare. I feel so bad for her, I have nothing but questions regarding what's coming next, whether they will also want me gone because I'm too vocal and confront them, whether I will have more days and hours to work, whether the morning girl is leaving, yada, yada, yada.

I've been writing on the horse and bunny thread so I have been neglecting my journal. I am sorry, ladies. We have a very pretty snow right now. It started as just fine flurries and now they are fat flakes drifting straight down to earth. I'm not working today so it seems pretty. I said it was pretty to the manager and she said, "Hmm. Yeah. Pretty." She's doing the pm feed shift today.

She lives there and now she feels like she only wants to be there when she has to be. She called me from her car cause she feels like they're listening to her.

Anyway, that's what's going on here. I'm really sorry I missed your post, Tammy. Don't know how that happened. Glad you are home safe and I hope you are feeling much better this many days after getting back.
Sorry about the upheaval at work . Fewer experienced hands will be tougher for sure. Hang in there! Hope it went well today!!

Tay-ww has been really successful for so many. Good luck!!
Old 01-21-2014, 08:03 AM   #1544
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
sorry things are so up in the air at work..... I think we have a theme going ..... ;/ Hope your weather improves !! It's actually in the 50's today and beautiful and sunny

It was 77 yesterday.. can you believe it ??

missed ya !!
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:08 AM   #1545
Big Yapper!

Thanks, ladies. Snow's already coming down and is on the diagonal. Will be horizontal come around 5 or 6 so I'm going to work early to try and set the horses up for the night and head home before it gets too bad. I set things up for the worst at home, just in case I can't get back until late. I have extra water for the dog, gave her a double dose of kibbles and packed enough kibbles in a bag for tonight and tomorrow morning and set it up so the lady upstairs can come get her and bring her up there if Cissy ends up spending the night alone.

I filled the bunnies food bowl to the brim and he has lots of hay. I have to find a supplemental water bowl that he won't be able to tip over, just cause his hanging water bowl is too small to last a full day.

I filled the two outdoor bird feeders too. They've been empty for days and I really feel bad about the wild critters when the weather turns mean. I spread some seed on the ground in the back yard so the squirrels can dig through the snow and expose it, then the Cardinals and Mourning Doves and other ground feeders can get a meal.

It's 1pm and I need to get going soon. It's really early and I don't know what I will find when I get to the farm. I called the manager to see if the horses were in or out but I already have a good idea. The run-in guys are probably in their spots, wearing their winter sheets topped with their turn-out sheets as added warmth and waterproofing. The barn guys are probably out in a paddock but wearing the same things. I hope she's got some hay up in the grain room so I don't have to haul the hay cart all around. She's usually thoughtful.

We are expecting around 8-10 inches when it's all over. I don't know if it will be heavy and wet or fluffy and dry. Haven't heard any predictions on that, which is a little odd. I guess they aren't sure. If fluffy and light, the wind will clear it off some areas and pile it up in others. Works in your favor sometimes and against you in others. We just "deal."

So, I will ttyl. I appreciate prayers! May you all have a lovely day. Laura and Julie, enjoy what you've got!

Last edited by CherylB; 01-21-2014 at 10:14 AM..
Old 01-21-2014, 10:09 AM   #1546
Big Yapper!

Oh, yeah. And it's 16 degrees with a wind chill of 1 or somewhere below zero.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:21 AM   #1547
Blabbermouth!!!

try to stay warm and get home safely ! Prayers going up !!
Old 01-21-2014, 10:23 AM   #1548
Big Yapper!

Thanks, babe.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:57 AM   #1549
Blabbermouth!!!

Forgot to ask , How's Cooper ?? Cissy doing ok with him ?
Old 01-22-2014, 10:41 AM   #1550
Big Yapper!

Cooper's doing well. He needs to be neutered cause he "is a guy" and does the things that the previous owner said he didn't do. That is going to cost me $165 and that's the lowest quote I can find. One was as high as $480. To neuter a freaking male? How much simpler could that procedure be? Give me a break!

Cissy and Cooper are getting acquainted in small, supervised doses and so far, so good. Once I saw Cissy lunge at the rabbit when he stood on his haunches to take a closer look at an ottoman and thank God, I was right there and with my quick reflex, I corrected her right then and stopped her. She got the message. She's got instincts though and I will keep working with her while being realistic.

I think in another month I might be able to trust them to be alone together in a room with the bunny hopping around. I hope so cause the little critter loves to be free. He uses his little corner litter box and only loses a stray "poop ball" here and there. Once I saw him turn around and eat it, which I guess rabbits do sometimes. Recycling? Who cares. Tidying up after oneself is an admirable trait.

All my babies are happy today, as am I. I even gave Mr Fishy (my Betta) a squeaky clean bowl with treated water to protect against stuff in the city water. Right now he is on the dresser with the sun shining through his bowl and he looks very excited. It's a beautiful thing.

I cleaned up the snow a while ago and my lower back was just KILLING me. I came inside, took off my clothes and stood in front of a mirror. Front and then side view. ANYONE's back would hurt with a gut like mine. I am at the top of my weight range. I mean the VERY TOP. I can't get started on any plan. I keep trying to make meats and develop a taste for roasts and stuff but I'm really picky and if it doesn't come out just the way I like it, I don't want to eat it. Only parts of it. I have two roasts in my refrigerator right now.

I don't like to eat meat unless it's "just right." I love the idea of eating LC but living it just isn't for me. I just don't know what to do. I have four bottles of hHCG pellets but this version doesn't kill my appetite the way the other stuff did in the past. I can't trust these and I won't live in a state on hunger.

I'm reading about JUDDD (did that before but don't think I did it right), reading the No S Diet again. Did that before for a short time and didn't lose anything. If I wasn't so medicated on antidepressants, I'd be crying about this. If getting WLS didn't take so dang long and if they didn't put you through a year or more of therapy and BS, I'd opt for that. I really would.

I try to brain storm: What can I live with? What can I live without? What can I stick to? What is going to only cause me to fall off and go back to the way I'm eating now? I can't come up with clear answers. I'm so STUCK.

Salads with eggs and cheese for protein and soups? Veggies and fruits and yogurt? Low fat, high carb? High fat, low carb? Counting calories and eating anything I want? Avoiding all processed foods? Avoiding only foods containing MSG? GMO's?
Old 01-22-2014, 10:46 AM   #1551
Big Yapper!

I'm even thinking of just buying things like Lean cuisines and sticking to easy food that I don't have to cook or clean up after. It tells me the calories and I don't even have to think. I know the food tastes like crap and the portions are small and that's what turns me off of those.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:58 AM   #1552
Big Yapper!!!!

I understand. There are so many options but what will for for YOU? What about a shake plan? Slim fast, isagenix, herbal life, etc? You have shakes twice a day, fruit in between and a sensible meal of your choosing. It might work for you, not break the bank and give you control but still freedom at the same time. Just an idea. Finding what will work for the long haul is what we all need to do. All the plans will work to lose the weight, but keeping it off is the next challenge. You've lost it before, so you know you can do it. I know, it's hard, and it's way more fun gaining! but, eventually we need to reign it in and get back to work.

Hope the snow is the nice fluffy kind. I *almost* miss it. (81 here yesterday! ).
Old 01-22-2014, 12:18 PM   #1553
Big Yapper!

Wow! 81? I'd be a whole other kind of miserable if I was where you are. Yes; light and fluffy kind of snow. As cold as it is though, strange as it is, the snow was starting to melt and get mushy from the sunshine. I wish I understood things like that better. I've always had a very scientific mind.

Thanks for the idea of the shakes. I don't think that would work for me either. If I could live on coffee with cream and sweetener (artificial or not) and light beer, plus a handful of vitamins, I'd rather live that diet. I really would rather not eat at all than try to "eat right."

The booze has to go but it's like letting go of a trusted and faithful friend. We've come a long way together, gone through so much together, for good and for bad. Some of my happiest times have been enhanced by booze. I mean simple times like enjoying a wonderful night with a full moon, sitting beside the fish and game pond, with the car radio playing something great. It's hard to let it go but they are all empty calories and do nothing beneficial to the body.

On a completely different note, my manager at the farm called me a bit ago from the grocery store. She said the board meeting that was to be held last night was cancelled due to the snow storm and is going to be tonight. She wrote up her resignation letter with the help of her sister and she put it in a sealed envelope and placed it on the Administrative Director's desk when she wasn't there.

She has to go back to the farm (she's still living there) and work the pm feed shift tonight, with all this "going down" around her. OMG! I want to be there to support her but I don't think I should be there today of all days. I have to be absent while she faces off for the last time with these people who have pushed her too far too often.

I am going to miss her so much but I told her that I would be seriously hurt if we did not remain friends and continue to get together sometimes. I mean that with all my heart. She's really grown on me and might be the kind of friend you keep forever. You know the kind. They are rare. SO rare.

I've decided to organize my attic so she can store whatever she needs to up there. It won't fit furniture but she can get a good number of boxes in there. It's dry and a free place. Storage units cost a lot of money and she has to conserve right now.

OMG! They must be having a good play session upstairs with their dog because the ceiling fan in my living room is literally vibrating. I hope it ends soon or I'll have to ask them if everything is okay up there. Good grief! It might be over now. Whew! That was intense. (Nope. Still going on.)

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, ... (Hehehe. My Dad used to always say that.)

Maybe once all this crap at the farm has settled down and there isn't so much upheaval and uncertainty, I can get a grip on my eating and drinking. I will pray.

I hung a shirt (that I will need to wear in just 3 months) up on the wall. It's a staff shirt for the farm. When Program resumes, we all have to wear these blasted T-shirt and Polo shirts with our logo on them. I never wear those types of tops and they just feel awful on me. But when I'm this large? Just shoot me now. So I put a sign on the shirt in big black marker: 3 Months!!! Winter will end and Spring will be here and if I don't change NOW, I will stay as I am. Seems logical enough.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-22-2014 at 12:24 PM..
Old 01-22-2014, 12:22 PM   #1554
Blabbermouth!!!

sorry about all the upheaval Cheryl, I know it carries over sometimes into other parts of our lives when one thing is out of kilter .... I'm a prime example. ;(

Hoping you can find a plan that you feel will "fit" you for the long haul. I know you want to lose the weight and get healthier..... it just has to be the right time for you to DO it.

(hugs)
Old 01-22-2014, 12:28 PM   #1555
Big Yapper!

Thank you, Laura. But right time or not, I have to do this NOW. I've been over 200 lbs for the entire year of 2013 and now I'm pushing past what I weighed when I joined LCF and began Atkins again. I'm at the breaking point. It literally is a NOW or never time for me.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:51 PM   #1556
Blabbermouth!!!

so happy to hear it ! Do it for YOU !!
Old 01-22-2014, 12:52 PM   #1557
Senior LCF Member

I'm sure you and the manager will remain friends. She seems like a wonderful and fun person.

I also am sure you'll be able to get a grip on the weight issue. Winter is always such a down time because of the cold and lack of sunlight. I think it is very easy to put on pounds or at least not lose since the body craves comfort and warmth more than ever during the cold winter months. Have you thought about perhaps putting the left over roasts etc. into stew or soup? I make soup a lot by chunking up cooked beef or pork and adding it to Kitchen Basics Stock with spices and a few leftover veggies and it is always yummy and especially comforting and warming in the winter. Tonight I'm making my husband chili with left over grilled pork tenderloin.

One thing to consider is the fact that certain antidepressants can cause weight gain. I don't know which meds you are taking but maybe yours is one of those which has that unfortunate side effect. I don't think they all do that though. Many meds, not just antidepressants, can cause one to gain weight which is problematic. I have a good friend with lupus and a few other health problems which have resulted in her taking an inordinate number of meds and I am sure some of those have contributed to her problems with obesity. But of course you, being an RN, know much more about all that than I do.

You are so sweet to offer attic space to the manager so that she can store her things. Now I'd call that being a really good friend. Not that I'm saying anything nice about you, Cheryl.

Last edited by LolaGetz; 01-22-2014 at 12:54 PM..
Old 01-22-2014, 02:21 PM   #1558
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi,
Have you ever tried the Eat Fat Get Thin diet? I enjoy a group here doing it & its very effective, without hunger. Check it out?
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:10 PM   #1559
Big Yapper!

Oh, dear ladies. The only diet I can commit to right now is the potato chip and con queso dip, light beer, vodka on the rocks (or just ice cold from the freezer), frozen or delivery pizza, egg roll with soy sauce and hot mustard, marie calendar's chicken pot pie, McDonald's late-night drive through diet.

We have a large recycle receptacle here now, not only one for garbage. The trash gets picked up weekly, recycles every other week. Well, I'm not all that good about disposing of things weekly and something things pile up. I put the recycles out last week. It was only then that I realized just HOW MANY bags of chips and con queso dip I'd eaten in the past month. Enough to kill a horse. I was so embarrassed (cause I share the can with the people upstairs) that I put all the jars into garbage bags to disguise what was in them.

Between that and the bottle returns for all the beer? Sweet Jesus, I know what causes my weight problem. Yes, antidepressants and other meds tend to cause people to have trouble losing weight. But I overindulge. I am a binger. An all or nothing, fasting all day and scarfing all night sicko.

I eat and drink when I'm happy, I eat and drink when stressed, I eat and drink when I'm off work and have time to chill by myself, I eat and drink after work to reward myself for a job well-done. I don't eat much when I'm with people, I'm a closet eater. I guess the best way to combat my eating situation is to spend as little time alone as possible. But that is so contrary to my nature that I might go bat-crap if I tried to be around folks that much.

Enough bare nakedness for one night. I'll ttyt. Lola, you made me smile. God bless you, ladies. Stay safe, warm/cool, dry, wet (whatever you are wishing for) and I'll catch you again tomorrow, God willing.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:28 PM   #1560
Senior LCF Member

Sending love.