Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
So cute! Thanks so much for sharing. Good night sweet-heart.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #122
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I had to upload them one at a time, but that worked. Here are the rest. The pics where she's walking along that edge, she's walking on top of a crude dam and that is the waterfall noise that I hear from my back yard. Can't take a pic of that from that angle and from the dense debris below, it won't be photographed anytime soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 008.jpg (69.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 009.jpg (70.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 010.jpg (45.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 011.jpg (32.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 012.jpg (23.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 013.jpg (27.6 KB, 7 views)
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #123
Big Yapper!

I'm feeling much better today, so thank you for your prayers! My legs are so much better that I can scarcely believe it. Maybe it really was doing the side-walking in the lessons that was making it impossible to do. So glad I told them all that I couldn't do it anymore. That will make them work harder to be sure they have enough people, knowing I am out of commission.

Lunch time, then getting ready for work. BBL!
Old 05-13-2013, 11:18 AM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
I liked the pics! In a way, I want a dog again. But with the way my health is lately I can't give a dog much attention and that just wouldn't be fair. Ya know? I'd feel guilty. Maybe a very small dog. hehehe
My Mom's day was nice. My BIL took myself and MIL out to dinner. The place was short a cook and it took an HOUR to get our food! People were leaving too. They missed out on a lot of money. The food was delicious though. We had a nice time. Chloe made a friend there. A little boy who she kept trying to hug! LOL He wasn't having it! She did good for being there so long. Yes, we had Chloe yesterday. Oh well....
My dd bought me a gorgeous plant and some 'clothespins' (little ladylocks). Yummmm! Chloe and I ate them all too!
My dd's bf took her to the movies and saw The Great Gatsby. She said it was good and we need to watch it.
Guess what? I get movies from NetFlix....well, I lost 2! I have to call them and tell them. Wonder what it will cost me. Good grief! I looked everywhere too!
Sorry about your shin splints! Ouch! They hurt too. I had them in the Army once or twice. No fun.
We had lots of rain too. But 52* today, and by Wednesday it'll be 80*! Almost time for the AC!
Did I tell you about my purple toenails? They're still purple. And my grandma is slowly passing now. Shes in the hospital on oxygen, has renal failure and has pneumonia in one lung. The cancer is just taking over her body now. Just a matter of time now. Makes me very sad, but that woman has had a very fulfilling life. She did Meals on Wheels for years and years and the food pantry too. My mom went last Wednesday and withdrew her from those. My uncles came home for the weekend to say their goodbyes. She's my last grandparent. It hurts my heart.
Well....ttys! Take care of yourself now!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

Tammy
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #125
Big Yapper!

Wow, Tammy. That was an action-packed post and I'll try to respond to everything. I'm really sorry that you're losing your dear grandma. I'm glad she had a full and fulfilling life and that she no-doubt has a good future awaiting her in the hereafter. May God give you all peace regarding letting her go.

I'm sorry about your toenails, too! That's not good. Are you diabetic? If not, it could be your spine and circulation. I know you have tons of chronic back issues but purple toenails is nothing to be ignoring. How long does it take for the color to return to the nail bed when you press on them (known as "capillary refill")? Press down, wait for all the color to go away, let go and count the seconds until it returns to full color. Anything after 4 seconds or so it too long. How's the sensation to your toes?

Not sure how you ended up with Chloe on Mother's Day but it's nice that dd got to go out. We ALWAYS go out for those holidays either the day before or the day after. The day OF is insane. Why put yourself through that? The food tastes better when the atmosphere isn't chaotic. And you're a lot more likely to get the food the way you ordered it.

I have no clue what clothespins or ladylocks are but I'm assuming it's food cause you said you ate them. Glad they were so yummy. What sort of plant did you get?

You have Netflix with the DVD rental? I just have the streaming option. I'm sorry you lost 2 DVD's. Chloe! Where'd you put them, honey? That's too bad. It won't be cheap; I'm pretty sure of that. I hope I'm wrong, honey.

I guess we're going to have a similar weather pattern to what you're having. It's the second night of "frost warning" and tonight is going to be colder than last night. I saw the dip in the Jet Stream is what's causing this cold snap. I'm feeling really glad that I haven't planted my "City Pickers" planters yet.

It was really windy for a time this afternoon and I thought it was going to stay that way, so I put the hay for the mini's in their hut. Then it went away and I was left wondering where it went. But it's going to be cold tonight so I'm glad the minis can eat in their shelter.

The military is where I first got shin splints, too. And it was also where I learned that I could not squat down for more than a minute or two. So much pain! And I was only 28 then. I'm nearly twice that now (just did the math. 23 years older than I was in Basic Training. Where do the years go?) I know. Down the tube.

Too tired to write anymore. It's almost 10:30 and I didn't even slide into my comfy clothes and sit my weary butt down until 9:15. I'll write more tomorrow. Tammy, do that test on your capillary refill and really asses how your toes feel and look. Then get the heck to the Dr's office and find out what's going on. You actually need those toes! You want to keep them.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #126
Big Yapper!

I meant "assess" not "asses." My computer had umpteen thousands of updates when I turned it on today and now I find that it needs to be re-taught how I write. Did anyone else experience that today? Crazy! Never even saw anything saying there were updates needed. I thought for sure my computer had gotten a bad virus but I just don't know yet. Now I tried to correct the spelling of "asses" and it wouldn't allow me to save it.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Um... I didn't have any updates. Hope it wasn't a virus. Nobody needs that frustration.

Glad you're feeling better. That's pretty fast healing for shin-splints. I've had them several times... walking with someone who walks too fast for me. It usually takes around a week to heal. I get it in the front of my shin.

Nice you got your dog walked & bathed all at once.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #128
Big Yapper!

Well, I wouldn't call it being "bathed" cause it's stinky fishy pond water. But her hair is short now and it's not overwhelming. I towel-dry her good when we get home. She loves to swim but hates to stay wet.

Oh, I had a strange night. I woke up after only about 4 hours of sleep and I knew it wasn't going to work for me to just stay awake. So I decided to take another sleeping pill and ended up going back to sleep for another 5 or 6 hours. But during that time, I had my first bad dream regarding the farm.

I had a big fight with the instructor who is doing the lessons today. I've been feeling this "aloofness" from her ever since she came back in the Spring. I know I'm not the only one feeling it but the other people aren't talking about it. She seems really arrogant. Last week, she had a horse in the cross-ties and she asked the other barn girl how he acts if they remove his cribbing collar. (He chews wood and stuff, called cribbing behavior).

I answered her question (was standing behind her when she asked it) and she turned around and said (in the nicest possible way,) "I was asking Chelsea." WTH!? She just gives me this cold shoulder a lot of the time. She is the only one of the instructors or those in management in some way, who never said a word about my being hired. It makes me feel like she didn't agree that they offered me the job.

Luckily each instructor is only on one of the days I do my barn stuff. Not sure who does Thursday but I'm not on that day and don't care. I don't dread going to work on Tuesdays because of her but it is an undercurrent that apparently causes me "dis-ease." I hate conflicts. I just want to face someone and ask them what the deal is, and iron out the wrinkles.

I did ask her via email a few months ago if she was upset with me. She said she wasn't but I wasn't all that convinced. Whatever. People are people, and women are women. She's just being "marish." (They use that turn when Mare's are acting like hormonal "witches.")

Anyway, I need to go get ready for work in about 20 minutes. It's looking like we'll get a shower. I was looking at the radar images (in action) online and there is pop-up activity happening all over the state. Will not be passing out the dinner hay early, just in case they have to be turned in early.

Have a nice day, ladies. I will do the same.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #129
Big Yapper!

I forgot to talk about the shin splints. I felt much better yesterday but by the end of my shift, I was feeling it a bit more. It's a lot of walking but I can go at my own pace. Going at someone else's pace is when I really end up hurting so badly. But honestly, I hurt in so many areas of my body that I sometimes wonder if I have Lyme or Fibro. The practical part of me knows it's just how my body feels when I'm over 200 lbs.

Last edited by CherylB; 05-14-2013 at 11:32 AM..
Old 05-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #130
Big Yapper!

And my first day after telling them I couldn't do program, I was asked to be a leader for a horse in the 6 o'clock lesson. I told them I couldn't. Case closed. Unreal.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Uh oh. Sorry they didn't listen! Hope things go well for you at work.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
And my first day after telling them I couldn't do program, I was asked to be a leader for a horse in the 6 o'clock lesson. I told them I couldn't. Case closed. Unreal.
Thats a shame they didn't hear you. Put it in writing and hand it to them. Thats what I'd do.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #133
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Sorry you're hurting and they're not listening too well. Hope it gets better this week! :gs: great pics of your cute doggie though!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #134
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
Yes, I love the pics too !! Hope work gets better. (hugs)
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #135
Big Yapper!

Three Days Off!!! And it didn't rain today while I was there. It was a miracle, as far as I'm concerned. The sun even came out!

Can't talk now, though. American Idol finale!!
Old 05-15-2013, 05:16 PM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #137
Big Yapper!

That's how I feel, sweetie! If I had the energy, I'd be doing that springing thing the smiley is doing. Maybe by day off #2!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #138
Big Yapper!

PS: Thanks for all the support, ladies. They did hear me when I said about my legs but sometimes they're just grasping at straws. I stood firm and that way they know they have to work harder to make sure they have enough people. In a way, it's good that my legs are having these shin splints. Otherwise I'd just be performing both functions (of barn chore person and fill-in program person), just like the other girl did.

She told them she couldn't handle doing both this season and I told her that it was good that she spoke up. She's a young girl and not very confidant in how she expresses herself. I don't have that problem.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good! So they just had to do without you today? That must of made your work day so much more productive.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #140
Big Yapper!

I'm LMAO reading your post. I didn't work in program but I was training another new person to get a general idea of how things work around the farm. She isn't going to be doing what I do but the director said train her so I trained her to do everything from filling water buckets to cleaning paddocks to grooming horses to feeding them their grain to leading them up and around through the field (that was with my experienced horse girl who comes each Wednesday) and all of that.

And just when I had spent over an hour showing her the ropes, another woman showed up, looking lost. I asked her if I could help her and she said she was there to help out. I asked her what sort of stuff she was going to be volunteering to do and she said barn work. I nearly dropped on the floor. I told her we just went over every aspect of barn chores (me and the new girl) and I couldn't go back through it all over again. I showed her what was left to show, but then when lessons began, I sort of encouraged her to stay at the arena and learn by watching the classes. Whew!

Productive? I guess so! But teaching people is exhausting. I relished the few moments I had where I could just be alone, silent and doing my job. I'm so much happier when not teaching. I go there because of the animals but I can't get away from all the people. It's a terrible thing but maybe someday I'll find that I love the human aspects of the job, too.

All I can say is I really try my best to teach them everything that I can. I try to be patient and warm and remember how it was when I began; just as clueless as they are. And I hope and pray that some of them will be good seeds that take root and flourish and grow and stay with us, and train the newbies that come along in the future.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #141
Big Yapper!

What amazing weather we have right now! 77 degrees at noon. Low humidity, sunny, breezy. Southern California weather! Wish we could have it all the time. They've got it so good down there. I'm resting and don't know if I'll even leave the house. I am so content to just RELAX and recover. My poor body needs this down-time.

I may take Cisco up to the pond to swim later on. That won't take much energy. Just need to limber up my pitching arm by chucking sticks as far as I can. I want to bring some stuff to feed the Canada Geese and ducks but it's tough to feed them when poochy is present. May make two trips; one with her and one without. It's close enough to home so that is an easy fix.

I have 7 resin Adirondack chairs and I am going to take 2 of them up to that sliver of land by the pond. I don't imagine anyone will try and walk off with them, plus that man who lives in the property that leads to the pond is a member of the Fish and Game and acts as watch-dog. He'll get rid of intruders and keep those chairs safe.

I hope you all have an amazing day today.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hello! Glad your having a nice relaxing day.
My dd and I took Chloe to the preschool she'll be going to in Sept. It's just Tues and Thurs, from 9-11. Its a christian based placed attached to a church. Very nice.
Sent 2 1/2 pkgs out for Shawn today from me and my dd. The 1/2 was a small box with 6 packs of cigarettes. They have to ship seperate and weigh less than 14 ozs. Crazy! He's getting snacks and al kinds of hygiene stuff. We even thought of fingernail and toenail clippers! LOL
Its so nice outside but I'm laying down. Theres something going on new with my back. I feel cracking in my spine when I walk. More pain too. And now I have this circulation problem! Geeze!
Well, gonna go for now. ttys!
Old 05-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #143
Big Yapper!

So you checked your capillary refill with your toes? I was waiting to hear how that played out. I'm glad you sent Shawn those packages. Those things mean so much to our troops when they're deployed. Have you heard from him since he arrived? Keep me posted, please. I pray the Lord protects him and his buddies, and that all these senseless wars come to an end soon. How wonderful it would be to have all our people on American soil for good!

I like that pic in your Avi. DD is pretty. I'm sorry to hear that your back is deteriorating further. I wish there was something that they could do. Have they talked about fusing the discs in the worst places? Maybe that is the only thing that will alleviate the pain and buy you some time.

The school for Chloe sounds ideal. She will enjoy the socialization and she'll learn some cool stuff, plus she'll be the best-dressed kid in the class! Hope she doesn't look down her nose at those less fortunate babies.

What an amazing day it's been. So lazy and loving every minute of it. Tomorrow (God willing), I will do something constructive. Cisco is on my crap-list. I went outside and sat down. Called her and she came, but then she thought about the little rawhide she dug up out of the ground and had in her mouth. I was going to give it back to her but first I demanded she drop it.

She wouldn't do it! I was grasping the "flippity" and trying to pry open her death grip, while blowing in her nose. Nothing would work. I even resorted to saying things like "squirrel" and "do you want a cookie?" and all of those attempts failed. So I said, "Let's go in the house!" and acted like all was well. I grabbed a cookie and I could see she wanted it but she was torn. She couldn't decide what to do.

All of a sudden she swallowed that damn flippity and it was too large to just take down in one piece. I thought, "you little #$%^!" and then I ate the cookie that she thought she could now have. I'm no fool. What a BRATT!
Old 05-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh no... hope it goes through ok... if you remember, one of those almost killed Shelby when she was 3 months old. Hope she passes it quickly.

So glad you had a restful day.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #145
Big Yapper!

No, I don't remember that. She's been eating those raw-hides all her life and the only reason she swallowed that big a piece down was because I was hot on her trail. It was very soft and flexible. Sometimes she buries the thicker ones and they get "marinated" in the dirt and then she loves them all the more. I don't know how the fox hound mix that lives upstairs doesn't find where she puts them because his sniffer is way better than hers. But I will watch her and make sure she doesn't have trouble moving her bowels, etc.

Didn't you say you were going away again this weekend on the bike? Where to this time? That's nice that you can go off and play for a few days together when the weather cooperates. I'm pretty "planted" where I am. I hope to someday buy a small, very old (only ones I could afford to buy) Toyota-type mini motor-home. I've had them in the past and they are perfect for traveling.

That sounds like a stupid thing to say about a motor home but they are the perfect size. You can park them in a normal parking space (you need a pull-through and take up two) but YKWIM. I like that you sleep above the cab and there is no wasted space for a bed in the rest of the RV. Someday, God-willing.

Goodnight, ladies. Off to bed I go. I enjoyed my day off and did nothing at all. I ate too much and I feel bad in that way, but I don't feel bad when I'm eating it. Later on, oh boy. Especially if I get out of my PJ's and into some pants to go to the store for something. That's when I see what I have done to myself. "Insane."

Sleep tight!
Old 05-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, maybe I didn't share it with you... she ate the end off of one of those rawhide bones... the biggest size... swallowed a big piece. She was only small then, but I never got over it & she never got another one! Sounds like Cisco will be fine.
Nighty-night!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I did the test, but my nails are white other than my big toes which are purple. I'm getting short of breath so tomorrow I'll call the dr.
The neurosurgeon said some time ago that the next step would be to fuse me, but thats not what I want to do yet. It won't get rid of the pain. I'll always have pain. When I go to the dr I'm telling him I need another MRI done. I'll need xrays for my shoulder too. That sucker is hurting bad too!
Chloe's school is a good one. She'll learn alot. I have to go to the orientation in August to get my pic taken so I won't have trouble picking her up.
My Avi is a throw back! LOL Thats the day we brought Chloe home from the hospital. Almost 2 yrs ago! Time has flown by.
The story about your dog is cute. Animals are funny!
Glad you rested today. You deserve a day of complete rest. You work hard.
Ok, I've talked enough. Good night!
Old 05-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #148
Big Yapper!

She passed the rawhide. I knew she would but it was funny when I was doing poop patrol and found it. It was in the exact same size and shape of her other poops but was nearly white.

I'm glad the school takes precautions regarding who can and can't come pic her up. Can't be too careful these days. Sorry for your continued pain. Also sorry that the fusion wouldn't help with that. I'd think if they did it right, that it would, but what do I know? So I'm guessing that the purple toes had normal capillary refill. Stumped as to what it could be.

Today is my last day off and I need to go down to Walmart or someplace to look for a proper pair of boots. Since I told them I have shin splints, they are on me to get a good pair of boots with support. So, I must shell out some $$$ for those. I hope it helps the problem but if they are heavier than what I normally wear, it will be a drag.

Cissy was just barking and I called to her to come in cause she wasn't slowing down. Then I saw that my landlady had just parked in my driveway and was getting out. She's mowing the grass! She just mowed on Monday. The grass is looking good so I don't know what possessed her to come. So far she's just using the push mower so maybe she's doing some trim stuff that she feels needs work in the front yard.

She loves this property and takes very good care of it. Sometimes I think she even misses living here. I don't even know her address in the neighboring town where she lives with her husband. She never told me. And her mail still comes here. All of it. For her, her husband and her grown son. Maybe her hubby's goes to their actual home cause I don't get much for him. It's odd.

Anytime a maintenance guy comes to do something, she just says, "Just send the bill to this address! I'll get it." Big secrets abound.

Anyway, that's my landlady story. I need to finish my coffee and then go get ready to go shopping. Oh how I hate shopping for clothes when I'm XXL. Thankfully I'm only buying the shoes and maybe a few other items.

Have a lovely day, ladies.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning
Wow, that was fast. Glad it went right through.
Ah, hope you can find some good support that's light. I have the same issue with motorcycle shoes... too heavy to walk very far. Plus all the motorcycle suit with armor, its tedious to walk. I also sympathize with shopping for clothes at lg. size. Its really hard on the mood. Hope you find something that you're really pleased with to lift off the downer part.

That's a great landlady to have! She will do well. We've been landlords before & being close by is definitely a good thing.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I use to give my little dog pig ears ad she loved them! As soon as she'd see the bag she would get so excited. I miss her.
My back is horrible today. I barely slept last night. Chloe's dad is coming any minute and she is sound asleep. Well, he's here now! Poor baby. I guess he's going to take her out somewhere. I hope she's in a good mood after being woke up.
I'll bbl. Have to go!