Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #1321
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
I sort of like the pictures of Lola. (TeeHeeHee...just kidding.) Thanks for posting them. It will be great to see her in my mind's eye when you speak of her in the future. She looks as nice and as good as a certain someone who shares her lovely name.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #1322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
image.jpg

Hope this turns out ok! This was the plane my son came back to the states in.
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #1323
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well! It came out sideways! Geeze! Lol
Old 12-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #1324
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGetz View Post
I sort of like the pictures of Lola. (TeeHeeHee...just kidding.) Thanks for posting them. It will be great to see her in my mind's eye when you speak of her in the future. She looks as nice and as good as a certain someone who shares her lovely name.
That's my girl.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #1325
Big Yapper!

Tammy, is that a military cargo type plane? I flew in one of those once but only from Texas to Gulfport Mississippi. Even that was too long a flight! How did he describe it?
Old 12-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #1326
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

image.jpg
Old 12-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #1327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Why do my pics come out sideways??? I don't know how to fix that!
They were regular commercial planes that the military contracted. He didn't say anything about the plane.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #1328
Big Yapper!

Well, thank God it was a regular commercial airline. I don't know why the pics are sideways if they are right side up on your device.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #1329
Big Yapper!

Posting these for Tammy cause her pics are coming sideways when she does it.

One of her son Shawn and her daughter Tasha at Shawn's homecoming from Afghanistan and another of Shawn with a friend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tammy's kids at Shawn's return from Afghanistan.jpg (27.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Tammy's son.jpg (28.6 KB, 13 views)
Old 12-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #1330
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The pic of my son and his friend is when they're waiting to board the plane home. They were just outside if Russia.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #1331
Big Yapper!

Oh! How cool. Did you want me to upload the sideways video too or can you figure out how to "right it" and send me that corrected one? I'll be glad to post it for you.

In the meantime, my sis just sent this to me and it's too cool not to share. There's no audio but enjoy the view! Gorgeous creature of God.

Amazing nature The Eagle Owl - YouTube
Old 12-11-2013, 10:20 PM   #1332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'll play around tomorrow trying to figure out why my stuff is posting sideways. Lol. Maybe my daughter will help me.
My son is going to send me pics of his he has of Afghanistan. I'll share some. He has video he took of him shooting too. Well someone else used his phone to tape him. It's cool. He blew up a vehicle!
He had some very close calls. Whoever was shooting at him was horrible because they missed. Thank goodness! All the prayers were answered, he's back safe.
It's getting late so time to try to sleep.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 12-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #1333
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
So glad he is home safely Tay ! The pics are awesome ! Cheryl, thanks for helping her make them "right" side up lol !

Have a nice night !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:40 AM   #1334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Laura!
Good morning! Sitting here keeping warm and watching Ellen. I like watching her 12 days of giveaways. Wish I was there! Lol
Gonna be another cold day. Brrrr! ❄️❄️
My daughter bought Chloe her own Xmas tree and she loves it. She thanked her over and over. I love seeing her so happy. She helped decorate it too. This year Chloe knows Santa brings her toys so it's so fun. She gets excited about decorations on homes and if she sees a tree in a window she just squeals. Lol����
I'll be back in a little while. Need my hot tea! ☕️
Old 12-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #1335
Big Yapper!

I love all those little symbols. Are those from your ipad or something? I saw someone on FB posted a frozen face, like a block of ice. I want to use that sometimes when I'm at the farm! She had just come back from walking her dog.

That's so sweet that Chloe has her very own tree. Is it in her bedroom? That's a great incentive for her to sleep in her own bed. You haven't mentioned that in ages but maybe she's already been sleeping in her bed for a long time. Christmas through a child's eyes is something very special indeed.

I should post that video of Shawn and his company walking into the hanger anyway. The emotion and energy of everyone welcoming them home (especially YOURS) is so awesome. Want me to? It won't kill us if we have to tilt our heads or laptops.

I'm home for day off #2. I slept really late today and when the alarm went off to take my am meds, I turned it off (or just let it play-out; I'm not sure) and didn't take the pills. Hate when I do that cause two of them are for my thyroid. What can ya do?

Tammy, when you said "Ellen", all I could think of was our goat. Then I realized who you were talking about and had to laugh. We get Ellen at 4pm, I think. I guess I should watch so I can see who's getting what for Christmas.

Have a nice day, everyone. Tammy, so thankful that Shawn is home and that he was spared any harm when overseas.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #1336
Senior LCF Member

It's wonderful you were able to sleep in on your day off. Given all the arduous work you've been doing in freezing, snowy conditions you deserve to give your body a really good rest. I think I'd need to wear one of those balaclavas if I had to work in such conditions. No wonder your face is frozen! My eyeballs and tongue would be frozen too.

I also take thyroid meds and used to take them with my morning coffee but only recently learned that you should take the thyroid supplement an hour before drinking any coffee. Since I usually wake up and have coffee about 4am or 5am I've started keeping the meds on my bedside table and taking them at 3am before drifting back to sleep for another hour or two. For some reason, I've got an internal alarm clock wakes me every day at 3am which is a fortunate thing. So far it's working out well as far as being able to allow enough time between taking the meds and drinking my first cup of coffee.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #1337
Big Yapper!

You get up at 4-5 am? What do you do for a living? I would keel over and die if I had to wake up at that hour and get out of bed. I can stay up very late but early am's (or am's period!) are not my thing. Funny how we're all built with our own internal rhythms.

I had to google those head things (still can't pronounce them). I need one! Problem is, my nose runs constantly when I'm out there working so I tend to mouth breathe, then I get everything wet from the condensation. I'm a mess.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #1338
Senior LCF Member

I'm retired now but after so many years of rising early for work I suppose my body is just in the habit of it (and strange as it may seem I like to get up early). My husband is still working so I want to get up with him anyway and I actually awake before he does most days. I was fortunate and happy in my working years but am so glad to now finally be enjoying the freedom of ordering my own days and pursuing my own interests at my own pace. It's been very liberating and a peaceful, more serene phase of life.

If you can't use a balaclava, maybe you could try a space helmet of the sort astronauts use...that might work pretty well. It would not only protect you from the wind and the cold but you'd look pretty cool too...startling, anyway. Keep them on their toes, Cheryl.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #1339
Big Yapper!

Horses are "fight or flight" animals. Even the nice ones would kick my @$$ if I came near them wearing a space helmet. That word for the face mask makes me want to say "baklava." What I'll try to do is buy about 2 or 3 of them so as they get wet from my breath, I can take it off, dry off with paper towels and apply a fresh one. I'm hoping this winter isn't going to be too horrible.

I'm happy that you enjoyed your vocation and now are enjoying your "golden years." I guess you could say I'm retired too, but that would be a bit of a white lie. If you've read many of my posts (as you say you have), you must know all about me and my past, as well as my present. It's easier to just tell those who aren't in-the-know that I'm retired. I'm almost old enough for that to be believable. Perhaps I already AM old enough!

That's so cool that you get up before your hubby goes to work. Do you spoil him with a hot breakfast and freshly brewed coffee? I'm not gay but I've always said that what I really need is a wife. Someone to take care of me and make me happy!
Old 12-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #1340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Your day off sounds wonderful. So good you could do that. I think a lot of people just keep pushing & end up getting sick to MAKE them rest all day... smart of you to do it when you feel good.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #1341
Blabbermouth!!!

lol ! I thought "baklava" too !

Hope you got lots of rest !
Old 12-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #1342
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
My 6 yr old Grandchild calls his a balaclava ... annoying! Guess its 'proper' but when you don't know what these things are...
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #1343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You can post the video if you want. Can you tell I'm crying? �� I was so happy! I'm still happy and will be happier when we can spend more time with him at xmas. I'm sure he'll be spending time with friends, but we'll have our time also. We understand he is relieved to be back in civilization again. I'm making a huge Xmas dinner for him. Everything from vegetable soup to ham & chicken and greens and corn on the cob with pies and nut breads.... Whatever I can think of to cook for him, I am. Lol. ��
I got the house decorated today. It looks nice! Inside and out. I didn't tell my husband so he was surprised when he got home tonight. I told him he has to pay for it! Lol. Yes, I hot someone to do it for me. ��
My legs are hurting pretty bad lately. Both of them! I don't know what's going on. My dr appt isn't until January 15th too. ��
I know that cold face you're talking about. My dd put these faces on my phone for me. It's on my keyboard. I'll have to ask her how she did it and let ya know.
Back to the farm tomorrow? ����������������❄️❄️❄️⛄️ Lol
��. Ttys! ���� ���� going to sleep now!
Old 12-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #1344
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! ⛄️��❄️
Old 12-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #1345
Big Yapper!

Wow! You're going to be cooking your @$$ off for Christmas! Everyone is going to be so on-top-of-the-world. I hope you can physically handle all that but the sheer adrenaline will carry you through it. After the holidays, you might find yourself laid-up for a while, recovering. I'm glad you found someone to decorate for you! How nice!

Are you going to be affected by this next storm system? If so, it might be hammering you already. I haven't paid attention to the national weather, cause I've been in shock over the fact that I'm going to be working out in yet another snow storm, two weeks running. I texted the manager a while ago and said maybe I should sleep over Saturday night in her spare bedroom, but if I do that, I have to bring my dog with me. Her dog is a PIA. German Shepard.

He's great when there are no other dogs around, or when he's not lunging at the mini's. We have to make sure he's not outside when we let the goat loose to graze. They have had an altercation which required goat doctoring. It's madness. And now the dog (who is the same age as my dog; nearly 11 years old) has developed debilitating separation anxiety. She's been giving him Xanax but it doesn't help him. He goes down the stairs and chews on the metal door handle until he opens the door, so he can be downstairs in her office while she's at work.

She'd just leave him down there except for the fact that the executive director isn't all that into him (let's just leave it at that.) So it's messy and complicated and if I bring my dog (which I've never done), it will be their first time meeting and I don't know how he'll handle me and her being in the spare room with the door closed. I just don't know how I'm going to make it home Saturday night, then get dug out and back to work on Sunday pm. Better if I found a place to park on Saturday and just kept it parked.

They're predicting up to a foot of snow. I've been looking online for snow blowers (electric ones cause they are maintenance-free). I just can't deal with all this shoveling for another winter. It's only December, for cry 'in out loud! The electric ones are also lighter in weight. I might even be able to take it (strapped into my open trunk) to the farm and use it in places that aren't far from a power outlet.

I feel sick. Time to put that out of my mind for now and think about something else. I need to go out to the trunk of my car and find my emergency car jumper. I know it will need recharged and I am pretty sure it will be used sometime soon. Then I have to find where I put the cord that charges it. No, even at the age of 51, I still have not learned certain life lessons. You reap what you sow.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #1346
Big Yapper!

!!! My remote car starter only needed a new battery to work. I don't need to get the remote system checked out after all!!! AND I located the charging cord for the self-battery-jumper in my trunk. Now all I have to do is did around in the trunk and find that. That's the easy part. Wahoooooo!
Old 12-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #1347
Blabbermouth!!!

I hope she is willing to let you stay there. It's just one night.... but would be so much safer for you !

Sorry you are having such stress. ;/
Old 12-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #1348
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay !! Cross-posting
Old 12-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #1349
Big Yapper!

Okay. NOW I can upload your video of Shawn and company.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #1350
Big Yapper!

IMG 0203 - YouTube

Youtube flipped the video up the right way for me! Cool.