Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2013, 11:19 PM   #1291
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
cheryl, I'll take your snow so you won't have to.....

Tay - very excited that your son is home safe and sound !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #1292
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Day off, baby!

We're going to get some snow tonight and into tomorrow and then it's supposed to turn icy but I haven't heard any accumulation estimates yet. The weather channel's "local on the 8's" really sucks these days. They just showed a useful model of the storm and it looks like the majority of it will move out to sea just below us and we will just get clipped by it. Time will tell!

I guess I should get busy doing whatever needs doing outside to get ready for the snow. (But it's my day off!!!) That's my Id talking, protesting my rational, adult side (the Ego). I had to just google that. It's been a very long time since I learned about Freud. I hate to admit, but I am mostly "Id-driven."

I hope we all have a lovely day. Tammy, keep us posted on how and where you are, darling. Stay safe! Nasty weather down there for sure.

Last edited by CherylB; 12-08-2013 at 10:52 AM..
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #1293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Hi everyone! We came home last night. The roads were dry, but we had rain off and on the whole way back. I hate driving at night in the rain. I can't see!!!
We had to bring all this crap of my son's back with us bc he didn't get a chance to unload it. I have no idea his he's going to get it now. He's flying home for Christmas break so it would be way too expensive to fly it back with him. And I don't know how he would manage it all. I have a feeling he's going to have me drive him back. I won't go alone though.
The further north we drove the more snow we saw. There were cars in the ditches alongside the highway too. We saw a semi truck come very close to being sideswiped by another truck. He had to move off the road to be missed. It was a walmart truck!
Well that's all I have for now. I'm still tired!
BBL!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #1294
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
You made me laugh, Cheryl, with your comments about the Id and Ego. I think I'm Id driven too. Sigh. I awoke this morning in a beautiful mood, feeling serene and happy and energetic. I was able to move right on down my 'to do' list in smooth and satisfied fashion. And then I started in on the 'to do' which concerns thinking about and organizing and accomplishing all the things which need to be completed before the upcoming hols and suddenly ~ like out of the blue~ my mood totally reversed and I felt overwhelmed by negativity and anxiety. Yikes. I wonder why I can't be like every other person on the planet and look forward to the hols with joyful anticipation. Gaah! I'm frustrated that I have such difficulty accessing the Ego part...I think I need a little time exploring my Super-Ego.

I'll regain my equilibrium and get back to a good place soon I'm sure. I think I'm going to turn on the music and dance for a while to help myself shift perspective.

I hope the snow may pass you by today and if it doesn't I hope you'll be able to
enjoy its beauty. I learned a new word the other day: 'brumous'. And I can tell you we've been having very brumous weather here lately. It has its own kind of loveliness but today it just seems endlessly cold, rainy and gray. I'm grateful we haven't had any ice. I'm trying to rationalize putting off some errands until tomorrow simply because I don't want to go outside in these nasty conditions. Id taking over for sure!
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #1295
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
Hi everyone! We came home last night. The roads were dry, but we had rain off and on the whole way back. I hate driving at night in the rain. I can't see!!!
We had to bring all this crap of my son's back with us bc he didn't get a chance to unload it. I have no idea his he's going to get it now. He's flying home for Christmas break so it would be way too expensive to fly it back with him. And I don't know how he would manage it all. I have a feeling he's going to have me drive him back. I won't go alone though.
The further north we drove the more snow we saw. There were cars in the ditches alongside the highway too. We saw a semi truck come very close to being sideswiped by another truck. He had to move off the road to be missed. It was a walmart truck!
Well that's all I have for now. I'm still tired!
BBL!
I'm so glad you made it home, safe and sound. I can't see when driving at night, either. Major night blindness. And like you said, if you add rain or other precipitation to the darkness, you might as well find yourself a hotel and hit the sack. That's what I always did, anyway.

What a drag! Can't believe you had to take all his stuff right back with you. How long of a drive is it from your home to where he is? Is it a pretty drive? Seeing all those vehicles in the ditch and the close-calls must have been so nerve racking.

Get some rest today and try to stay warm. I'm working today so I have to keep this short. Ttyl.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #1296
Big Yapper!

"Brumous". That's a new one on me. I'll have to google it when I have time. Doesn't sound good, though. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Woke to an icy glaze over everything. Wish to God I had gotten my remote car starter working again because normally, I'd just point my clicker at the car from inside the house and on it would go. Makes chipping off window ice much easier. I have to go work out in this too. Not excited and will only be doing the minimum.

See you all (y'all) later on.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #1297
Big Yapper!

The car cleaned off much easier than I anticipated, thank the Lord. The temp had risen enough that the ice chipped off in huge thin chunks and could be brushed away.

Work was cold. It was very slippery everywhere you walked and the ice crunched under your feet. I thought it would get worse after sundown but the temps came up by a few degrees and the ice got softer. Who knows how it will be tomorrow when I go back and it's snowing. Nobody really knows how much we'll get but they are saying a couple of inches. I just hope that having the layer of ice beneath the snow doesn't make for treacherous footing for human and beast.

Ellen the goat spent the entire day in her barn stall. The mini's were in their area and at one point, I think I saw Candy standing back up after an unintentional fall. I could have been wrong but it seemed like she slipped. She seemed to be fine later on when I was graining them. No worse for the wear.

A volunteer was scheduled but she called to say she couldn't make it, then at 4, she showed up. I was torn about how to feel cause I was doing fine by myself and this teenage girl has some serious emotional and cognitive issues. She is more work than help and I just do the best I can but Lord knows patience with trying teens is not my gift. She even read the time on the kitchen clock wrong. She wrote down that she got there at 3 and left at 4. She can't tell time on an analog device. This is the generation we have created.

I didn't keep her around cause 1- It was slippery and 2- I could get done faster if I was alone and 3- She gets under my skin. She cleaned one paddock and took one horse down to the barn and put him in his stall but then I told her I was going to be fine and that she could head home before the roads got slick again. Truthfully, I don't know how she managed to pass a driver's ed test. It's that bad.

She's very sweet and she loves the horses and I need to find very simple tasks for her to do while I do the other things. I guess what I need to do is to plan ahead when I know she's coming (I thought she wasn't coming) and have her do those things to keep her occupied and out of my hair. Sorry, but that's how I feel. It's exhausting trying to lead people by the hand, over and over again.

The director appeared and kind of overlapped with the volunteer as she was heading back into the kitchen to sign out and apparently it was said by volunteer that I asked her to leave. No, I said she could go and that I would be fine. Thank you very much for what you did, you were a big help, thanks for coming, I'll tell the manager you brought her a coffee and that you may be back in the morning to help her, goodnight. Big meanie! How cruel.

I rented "Blackfish" online tonight. A CNN documentary about the whole Sea World thing. I guess it was on TV for free but I had to either rent it or pay for it. I didn't think I'd want to watch it more than once but I have 48 hours of the rental and I'll probably watch it again. It was done really well and it was so sad. I was brought to tears a few times and held my hand over my mouth at one point, seeing the level of grief displayed by a mother Orca when her 4 year old "child" was removed from her, because it was interfering with the performances during the shows. She stayed in one corner and emitted such sounds that nobody had ever heard an Orca make. Ever.

So I guess like everything else, it's not all that it seems. The almighty dollar is the bottom line. Go figure.

I am back on tomorrow and it will be interesting. Today, I wore a coat with a hood and a shirt with a hood but didn't use either hoods. I did wear a winter hat and inside all that clothing, I sweat. At several points, I peeled off my coat and at one point I pushed up my sleeves. I was in the barn at that time. I could see the heat radiating off of my body in the air. There's something very wrong with my metabolism. How could I be this hot-natured and have such a slow metabolism? And be hypothyroid?

So, that's all for now. I will be back tomorrow and share more exciting tales as they unfold. Hugs and love all around.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #1298
Big Yapper!

Tammy, is there a way to turn your Avi so it's upright? I get a crick in my neck trying to see it and I want to see it badly.

The young newlyweds upstairs must be decorating their apartment. They are playing loud, pleasant Holiday tunes and it makes me happy to know they are so in love and sharing this special Christmas together. There's nothing like young love.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #1299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I couldn't figure out how to get the avi to turn so I just changed it. It was the huge flag that was hanging in the airplane hangar. Now the avi is me hugging my son! You can't see my face but I was crying like a baby! I was so happy!
Just did a load of laundry today and watched old DVDs I have. I was the only one home since my dd took Chloe and went to her bf's for the day.
I'm making this short since I have to take Chloe to "school" in the morning. Back to normal life again. Ttys!
Old 12-10-2013, 03:55 AM   #1300
Big Yapper!

I love the new Avi!!! I am awake before the sun today but hoping to catch a few more before work. The snow is moving into the state and it is supposed to begin around 9 am and continue thru 5. 2-4" being predicted. Will make working today very interesting. Ttyl.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:13 AM   #1301
Senior LCF Member

Good luck today, Cheryl. I do not envy you. Having to work outdoors in such conditions is a challenge I doubt I could manage. I so admire your determination and strength.

However, I do think it would be really interesting and fun to see the animals' responses to the snow. Our dogs often had such amazing and funny reactions to snow...it seemed to energize and delight some of our dogs while others of them disliked it intensely.

Stay safe and bundle up, Cheryl.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:19 AM   #1302
Blabbermouth!!!

Stay warm Cheryl, I hope it's not slippery under that snow ! Look forward to your steaming hot bath when you get home. That will help !

Would love pics of the snow !
Old 12-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #1303
Big Yapper!

Okay. I'll try to take some with the phone because last time I tried to take a pic on my camera, I had trouble uploading it to the computer. It's fine snow that is coating every branch of trees and bushes. K. Took about four of the back yard. Will try and upload and post after I finish this.

We've got barely 2" and they are sending school buses with children home early. We're in freaking New England, people. You can't freak out every time it snows. This is not a major event. Drive slowly and watch for black ice, but get a grip (no pun intended.)

My brain is so foggy from going back to sleep after waking so early. I didn't really sleep well so I probably did more harm than good. Now I'm making all sorts of typing errors. Better wrap both hands around the coffee cup and work on waking up.

Have a great day. Pics are forthcoming.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #1304
Big Yapper!

Here they are, plus the picture I got of Cowboy messing with Calvin over the paddock fence. They never have had any interest in each other and there's some weird thing going on at the farm where new fascinations or attractions are developing. I had to snap a picture of it to share with the manager. then I forgot to send it. I took it yesterday.

ETA: There is still a layer of ice coating the trees so I don't know how they're standing upright. Maybe the ice dripped off overnight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 008.jpg (39.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 010.jpg (92.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 011.jpg (79.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 012.jpg (54.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 013.jpg (89.6 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by CherylB; 12-10-2013 at 09:39 AM..
Old 12-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #1305
Blabbermouth!!!

I just love them !!!! Thank you Cheryl, and yes, they are definitely "cuddly" with each other ! <3
Old 12-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #1306
Big Yapper!

I'm glad you like them, Laura. Hope they "scratched the itch" for you. Time to go get ready and get out there and do the sidewalks before driving to work. Landlady gets uppity about uncleared sidewalks.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #1307
Big Yapper!

OMG, y'all. I just returned from what felt like the fifth ring of hell. It struck me (that hell thought) when it was all over and I was scraping my car's windows while fat flakes of snow were STILL falling, 2.5 hours after they said it would be all over. It is still snowing lightly right now and there was even about 1 hour while there when it shifted over to sleet. Little pellets lay all over the top of the snow. It looked really weird.

It looked like the storm was over at one point. Up on the top of the hill, there was this eerie light coming through the clouds. It was like the very edge of the storm system and you could see the clouds as they were passing by on the horizon. It was so pretty that I took some pics but my damn camera phone shook just enough to blur out each one. I'll post them anyway. Try to use your imagination. Like you said, Char. I need a dang head cam or something.

The roads were just awful too. I don't think they sanded any of the roads I drove there or back on. They were plowed but so slippery! You had to drive super slow and give lots of soft pumping on the brakes when you came to a stop. I was actually praying as I went under one particular traffic light that was green. If it turned and I got stuck at it, I would have had to come to a full stop on a hill and then I knew I would be spinning my wheels trying to get moving again. The prayer must have worked. My eyes must have looked like saucers.

So the snow began falling at 7:30 am. I know, cause I was awake before the sun came up. So it began 1.5 hours before it was predicted to and lasted hours longer than they said. For all I know, it's still going. I shoveled the side porch and the sidewalk to the street, as well as to my car (landlady has a cow if you don't keep the sidewalks clean) and when I got home, it was all covered again. So far, I think we got about 6". Fudge.

Well, back to the farm. I got there at 2:30 and signed in. I was trying to make sense out of this very detailed note that the manager left for me and had to actually read it a few times through and put brackets around the things I needed to remember. THEN she called me and kept me on the phone for almost a half hour. She said she'd gotten the stalls all set up with hay and water. I said I needed to get off the phone and get going. She said, "Dude! All you have to do is bring the horses in and feed them their grain!" Mmm hmmm. That's all I have to do. She makes it sound like I should be in and out of there in 2 hours flat or something. That chaps my @$$.

From the get-go, the horses were pacing and running after each other in their paddocks. They had already had enough fun for one day. They were each wearing their light turn-out sheets but had a quilted inner coat in addition on the underside. I've never applied one of those OR taken one off. Those suckers weigh a TON when wet and I had 7 horses to "undress", then take the wet ones into the basement and hang on hooks (cause they won't dry in the barn or grain room.) In fact, they froze solid while they were waiting to be taken down.

THEN I had to apply their heavy winter coats. And then do the rest of the stuff. "Dude! No worries." The program director came around 4:30-5'ish and helped me with the changing of the coats. She hung all but one set of the soaked sheets for me, too. I was grateful for those things because I would have been there a lot longer and would have needed to be taken out by EMS.

I was doing a last-pass stall mucking cause they came in around 3:30 and that's when I noticed the director forgot one coat. I was a long way from the house. I had a wheelbarrow with frozen manure and soggy hay in it and now I was going to have to juggle the heavy, frozen coat down to the house? I dumped the manure in the pit and dropped the coat into the empty wheelbarrow. After putting the wheelbarrow in the hay area, I carried the coats into the house. I was hoping to see her and ask if she'd hang the last one but thought that was a little much to ask, so I took them down into the basement myself.

Reaching up to the hooks I felt my back seizing up cause I was just a little too short to get the metal rings over the damn hooks. It just about finished me off. That's why when I still got out to the car and had to chip the ice off my windshield, I felt like I was in the fifth circle of hell. My wipers were frozen, too! Thankfully the driver's side one was good until I got close to home, but the passenger side one wasn't even making contact with the glass, and I had gone over and whacked it a few times so it would "liven up." Didn't help.

The horses got somewhat groomed, I added hay to three horse's stalls cause they were running low and God-only-knows when the manager will make it home and be able to do night check. Ellen the goat had been out in her day area and someone forgot to put her little coat on. I felt bad for her. It was so icy in places that I came up to get her with her leash. She didn't want to even venture out and I thought I was going to have to go dive in there and get her. As soon as I got the leash attached to her collar, she shifted into drive and began to pull me all the way to the barn. I put her light coat on and then later I put her warmer one on over that. The little bugger wouldn't stand still.

I filled the hay cart for the manager and put it in the barn so she can do a fast night-check. She's asked me to start doing that, so I comply. She helps me with my hay so I should repay the favor, right?

What else is there to tell? The guy was there and he was using the tractor with the snow plowing blade on it to clear the driveway somewhat, but since it kept snowing, it didn't help a whole lot. He plowed as much as he could around the farm, in front of the barn and the duplexes, and all the places we needed to go. Not the paddocks or the arena, though. Maybe we can try and do those later. I don't think they ever try to do that in the paddocks but we really need the arena to be usable for exercising the horses in the winter as much as we can. For so much of the winter, it isn't. It just gets used like a paddock. It's sad but there's little we can do with what we currently have.

Daphne's still itchy. I had to go and rub her belly and along the sides of her belly near her udders. I don't know what else to call it, but that's where she's itchy. I can't trust that to anyone else. I know they won't do it as good as I will. It's a labor of love.

I guess that's about it, other than the fact that graining these horses has become simply absurd. Story for another time.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #1308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
What an adventure you had today! You sure do hard work Cheryl! That job is a work out plus!
Hope the snow gets cleared off before you have to drive again. I would imagine the crews will get to it soon. Your country gets lots of snow, doesn't it? Its the places that normally don't that lack the equipment. They're super about it here! Plus we have the really dry snow, so it is rarely bad.
Hope you're enjoying a real good soak!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #1309
Big Yapper!

You have dry snow? Ours is all over the place. Each snow is unique and goes across the board from dry and fluffy to super wet and heavy. Today was medium dense. I don't know why, but it doesn't appear that the town was ready for this, or they were trying to wait until the storm was completely over to spread road sand around. If I hadn't had to work today, I wouldn't have gone out in this stuff. The roads are usually not nearly this bad.

Yes, I work hard. I don't know how I get through the day sometimes. If I was smart, I'd start using my gym membership again and taking better care of myself. It is way overdue.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #1310
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
I enjoy this link... it shows 'current' temperatures all over the continent... fun! Was looking at your area tonight, thought I'd share...
CWSU National TAF METAR maps - NOAA NWS

Laura, you're in East TX?
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #1311
Big Yapper!

Wow! Information overload! I'll check that closer after a good night's sleep.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:41 AM   #1312
Senior LCF Member

Oh, Cheryl, what an amazing woman you are. You do so much and work very hard every day. I admire your courage (driving in icy conditions absolutely terrifies me) and your strength.

And most of all I admire your photographic skills; what artistry...the photos are gorgeous. You truly are an artist...having such a good eye for the beautiful and interesting, as expressed through both your writing and your photographs.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #1313
Blabbermouth!!!

yes, she does take wonderful pics ! I love the ice on the trees ...sigh.. so pretty !

And Yes, her job is so hard and takes up so much of her life and it's PART time. Supposed to only impact you a small amt.;/

Rest before work today cheryl, I hope the roads are much better for you
Old 12-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #1314
Big Yapper!

I'm off for the next three days, girlfriend! No work for this girl today! Except I just finished shoveling the driveway and the porches and walkways, then sprinkled that rock salt on the paved areas to prevent (help prevent) refreeze later when the sun goes down. It's going to be frigid cold for overnight temps this week. At least it will be dry so maybe they can put their winter sheets on in the morning and leave them on all night. The removing of coats and applying the new ones is a very arduous job for one person. I texted the director last night to thank her again for helping me with those coats and she said she enjoyed being with the horses. I said, "Good. Everybody wins!"

Lola, I have to ask. Does your LCF name have anything to do with the old saying, "Whatever Lola wants, Lola gets."? If it doesn't have any relation, it's just funny that came to my mind. Please, girl. I'm glad you like my stuff but you kind of freak me out by your over-the-top flattery. I'm pleased that you enjoy what I write and even my crappy, blurry pictures, but let's tone it down a little. I really don't think I deserve all that. Makes me a little uncomfortable. But thank you, just the same. Okay? I hope it is.

I'm so glad I went shopping for groceries after work last night. Now I can just veg for three whole days. I have no plans to go and use the tractor or to go move the manure pile. After the run I just completed, I need these three days to reset and remember that this is (as you said, ) a part-time job. I worked (including the tractor day) 8 out of 10 days. That's too much! (as they say on the Price is Right on one of their games.)

On a completely different note, I was on Facebook last night and saw (or rather started to see) a horrid video on the cruelty of the DiGiorno frozen pizza company. Apparently, they slaughter their own livestock for their pizzas and it was so disgusting I had to stop watching. I never buy their brand but I never will! I can guarantee you that. Makes me really want to go vegetarian and renounce any part of the whole commercially-raised and slaughtered livestock industry. I'd feel okay eating something that was hunted because you know it lived a good life and ate all natural foods and had nothing unnatural done to it. If the animal was shot properly, there is very little suffering before death.

I couldn't even click "like" or "share" because it was so horrible I wanted nothing more to do with it. If I were there and I had a gun, I'd have been shooting all around the feet of those nasty men, making them dance for their lives. Then I would have taken the whip they were using on those defenseless animals (with lots of strands in it) and turned it on them and scarred up their backs. What decrepit human beings.

Enough of that. Just best to be aware of what they do to the animals that we gleefully glom down and think we are doing our bodies and souls good. Think again, y'all. It's not just that pizza company. This sort of thing runs rampant in our commercially-raised livestock. (Sorry. I'll change the subject.)

My cheeks are still cold from being outside and I've been back in for at least a half hour. I wonder what my future holds. I swore I'd NEVER move back to CT once I left. I never regretted that decision at anytime during the 15 years I lived in other places. But when you start losing people left and right, one after the other, you reassess what's important to you. I'm thankful that the deaths stopped when I returned (aside from my Godfather, who had a massive stroke during an open heart surgery. He never woke up after he was operated on. Very sad. He had a bad stroke many years before and he didn't want to go for the open heart but his wife and daughter thought it was the best thing to do. They were devastated with that decision.) He died while I was still doing my travel assignment, so maybe that was the final "nail in the coffin" that made me decide to hang around. I know I didn't come back with the full intention of staying. I was confused, shell-shocked and lost.

Anyway, "it's 5 o'clock somewhere!" Time for a beer!! Have a great day, ladies. And Lola, please don't take what I said the wrong way. I am flattered, I just don't know how to handle that kind of flattery.

Last edited by CherylB; 12-11-2013 at 11:21 AM..
Old 12-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #1315
Senior LCF Member

Sweet Cheryl, no offense taken. You are a very direct person which is one of the qualities I admire about you. On the other hand, it wasn't meant as flattery. I was being quite sincere. I really do very much enjoy your writing, and I truly did find the photos lovely. I also loved seeing the ice and snow covered trees and landscape which I find so appealing from afar (and hope stays afar). So no offense but, if it could be my turn to be direct, I'd say that you are strong in honesty, but a lot less strong in trust. I wish you could have trusted and believed that I was sincere when I shared my response. Now, that's not to say I have good taste, which is another matter entirely.

You are certainly correct about the LolaGetz...my little joke...LCF wouldn't accept Lola alone as there was another Lola already here. (OT, but I've been pleased to note you've got a Lola among your animal friends at the farm.) Anyway, the idea that Lola gets what Lola wants makes me smile...and sometimes is true because there isn't all that much I want...just the basics: good health, roof over my head & food in my belly, music, books and love. Cheryl, you are the only person who has noticed my small joke, or at least the only person who's commented on it.

Last edited by LolaGetz; 12-11-2013 at 11:38 AM..
Old 12-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #1316
Big Yapper!

I never questioned your being sincere. I didn't say "flattery" in that context at all. I didn't mean it to come off that way, so I'm sorry.

I loved that you said you wanted the snow and ice to stay far away. Me too, kiddo. I love your name! I have no imagination so I just use my name and last initial. I assume that even if I found something initially that sounded cute, I'd grow tired of it and then be stuck with the name. I am fickle in that way.

Yes, our horse named Lola is a beautiful animal. I'll see if I can find a picture of her to post. She's a dark brown with black mane and tail. They call horses with that coloring "Bay." I have another LCF who goes by the name Lola, so you make the third Lola in my circle of friends.

Thanks for sharing something about yourself. That makes me more at ease, actually. Maybe because I knew nothing about you was what was making me skittish. What part of the country do you live in? Tell me more about you.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #1317
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey I put a pic on FB for you ! . Did you
See it ?
Old 12-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #1318
Big Yapper!

Not yet. Going there next!

Here's Lola. I don't have great pics of her. I need to not use a flash when photographing her, for best results.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (32.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (30.3 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by CherylB; 12-11-2013 at 12:19 PM..
Old 12-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #1319
Big Yapper!

We are experiencing technically difficulty. "Please stand by."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (35.7 KB, 1 views)
Old 12-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #1320
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm standing by! Lol
How are you Cheryl? I'm good. I love the pics you put up of the snow. I cannot for th life of me figure out how to post pics on here. Lol. I should really try to figure out how. I have pics is love to share with everyone.
Hope you're enjoying your days off. Stay nice and warm chica! ��