Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #1231
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Laura, hope you like how your hair turns out. I used to bleach my hair for years when I was in my 20's and I just got tired of it all. Now I'm noticing more and more silver strands but I don't want to rush into going back to that particular never-ending task. I'm glad you'll be on the board through the holiday. I will be, too.

Julie, so glad you're house is full (I hope you are too!) and that you are making merry with loved ones. Watch that "overindulging." If it don't go in, it can't go on and it won't need to come back off. Find a happy medium where you can enjoy in a more controlled way. Maybe learn to take "tastes" of things rather than servings of things.

This will be my 3rd winter at the farm because I began volunteering with them in January of 2012. I had gone to orientations in November and December but never got out and actually worked with the animals until January. They were so much better and cautious about teaching us and making sure we were ready for what we were going to do back then. Now they throw people at us after one standard orientation and leave it up to the barn staff person to finish the job.

Today went much better with the girl's job coach. She was dressed for the cold and stayed "involved and engaged" with the girl for the entire time. How refreshing! A+. A complete 180 degree change from the way it was before. I just texted the program director to tell her that. She'll be happy to know that.

I'm sitting on a heating pad, trying to warm up faster. Bath Bombs are still in transit. Can't expect them overnight but I was hoping. The estimated arrival will be between tomorrow and Friday but with Thanksgiving, it might be later.

Before I forget, HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU TOO, JULIE! (She said she won't be back online again until after the holiday.) I still have time to wish YOU a happy Thanksgiving, Laura.

I'm getting hungry. Need to go rustle something up. Ttyl, ladies.

Last edited by CherylB; 11-25-2013 at 04:20 PM..
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #1232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
That sounds like a good day at the ranch.
What 'cha havin for dinner??
We're staying till day after Thanksgiving. It will be great to be in America on Thanksgiving with family!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #1233
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Hope you had a good supper Cheryl !

Deb glad you get to stay and spend the holiday with family ! So glad you both can stay a while and enjoy family time.
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:34 AM   #1234
Big Yapper!

I just ate some leftovers. Nothing fancy but it was good.

Debby, I'm glad you will stay until after Thanksgiving to be with your family. This will be a very special one for all of you, no doubt.

I woke really early today and just recently gave up on the idea of getting back to sleep. I really do prefer to sleep until around noon. I'm working today and then off tomorrow, when we will all meet at the fancy restaurant for our Thanksgiving celebration. They are closed Thanksgiving day, so we will do it a day early. It will be really nice. I've never been there before but my sister and her husband and my mother rave about it. Must be good!

I think I'd better locate my umbrella because tomorrow and Thanksgiving day are going to be wet. They're predicting wind and rain but the hardest rain is to be tomorrow. Thankfully (how appropriate!), I will have the day off. It might be all over by the time I work in the afternoon on Thursday.

Coffee at 0800 tastes surprisingly good! Maybe mornings aren't so bad. If I make use of the extra waking hours, I might get stuff done and the birdies might get their feeders refilled. They tapped them out a day or so ago. I like to let them go a day or two before I fill them, so that they eat what they spilled all over on the ground. I know how they are.

I discovered that my car's remote starter is no longer working. It had been working but at much shorter distances. Now it won't work even when I'm clicking the button on the remote and sitting inside the car. I'll take the car to a place called "Boomers" and have them check it out for me. (I will change the battery in the remote before I take it in to be checked for bigger problems.) Remote starters are awfully nice to have in extreme weather seasons. Cools it off in the summer, heats it up in the winter. I'm not lucky enough to have heated seats. My car's a '98.

I returned an item I bought two days ago (bought it and returned it the same day) and it STILL hasn't been credited back into my checking account. If it doesn't happen today, I may be royally screwed. I use my debit card when getting gasoline and it takes them about 4-5 days to process it, but if they process it sooner, my careless spending two days ago is going to bite me in the @$$. I am praying God spares me those over-draft fees. They are killer. I get paid tomorrow from the farm.

I hope we each have a lovely day today.

Last edited by CherylB; 11-26-2013 at 05:36 AM..
Old 11-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #1235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope your day went well. Hard to start off groggy.
Rain...
It was really nice here again today. Amazing really. I'm so glad it stopped raining... was so dark.
Have a fun & blessed Thanksgiving!
Old 11-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #1236
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Debby. Same to you.

The rain continues. It's "winter storm Boreas" on it's way out to sea. I'm so thankful that it's not cold enough to be snow. I can see the water flowing over the dam at the pond through the woods beyond my back yard. The yard has standing water in places and if this keeps up, it will only get deeper. I have no reason to go back there so I'm okay with that. Would be interesting if we fell into a deep-freeze while there was water in the yard, wouldn't it? We'd have our own personal ice skating rink, until it snowed and covered it up.

I was thinking about the ice that's forming on the ponds lately. If there is no snow and no wind, it would freeze into a perfect place for skaters. But there is wind and I don't know if skaters will get their wishes. But as Forrest Gump says, you never know what you're gonna get. I haven't skated in so many years that I'd be scared to death to try it. I hate that about being middle-aged and overweight. Certain things just seem beyond your reach.

I feel better today. Slept good but woke at exactly 4:44. Couldn't go back to sleep so I took another Restoril and that did the trick. Slept until noon. The bloat I was feeling yesterday seems to have passed. I have no idea what was causing it.

We're going out for our Thanksgiving dinner tonight! Will be a lot of fun and a totally new experience for me. I hope I like it as much as the others do. All I want to do is eat small enough portions so that I don't end up feeling "stuffed", like a holiday bird. I hate feeling that way.

The rain is supposed to taper-off tomorrow and become sunny, but then the temps drop into the freezing range and the wind will hang around a while. I will dress for warmth tomorrow at the farm.

Have a lovely day, ladies. Enjoy your pre-Thanksgiving day preparations and family time.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #1237
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
I lied... Checking in anyway. A nice break from all the holiday preparations. Glad the day went well, and for the big change in the help . I hope the weather improves and you get a nice day tomorrow . Have a good Thanksgiving!!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #1238
Big Yapper!

It's hard not to check in here, isn't it! I've tried and I just can't do it.

Have a great night, Julie.

Our Thanksgiving celebration out on the town was very nice. My very generous and prosperous niece and her partner paid for all of us. My sister and her four grown kids who weren't going to be able to come at all were told that she was going to pay for them, then she pulled this surprise on us all. Eleven people in all. She's an Attorney but it's still uncomfortable when she does stuff like that. How can you thank her? A hug an "I love you" and a "you rock!" just don't seem to cut it.

The food was really good but it leaned toward a Chinese flavor to things that didn't even sound Chinese. They had huge Carp swimming in an indoor pond and a machine you could put quarters into to get a tiny little container of pellets to feed the fish. I mean TINY container. I invested in two of them and got to enjoy the experience. They must get so much food each and every day. They didn't even get very excited! Lazy happy fish.

There were some display cases in the lobby that had lots of really pretty and very inexpensive costume jewelry and I was tempted to buy some ear rings, but didn't know I was going to have money to blow after dinner was all paid for. And then by that time, I didn't care about the jewelry. (I can't wear costume jewelry much due to a metal allergy.)

The pork roast was TO DIE FOR. After tasting small portions of other things, I went back for more of that. My niece and her partner want to come see the farm, maybe tomorrow. I said I'd show them around and maybe put on a show with one of the horses in the arena. I said we could take one of the horses down to the barn and groom them, etc. They will be FILTHY, too. After all the rain, if they haven't been wearing their turn-out sheets, they will be truly gross.

I just texted the manager and asked if she would have the morning girl put all the horse's turn-out sheets on in the morning to keep the horses cleaner, since I'll be alone tomorrow. I said if they had their sheets on, they won't get as filthy and I'd be able to do a better job in the paddocks. Can't argue with that reasoning! That's using my noggin. I hope this idea flies.

Time for relaxation now. Hope you enjoyed my story and that you have a wonderful holiday tomorrow with your families. Blessings!
Old 11-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #1239
Big Yapper!

By "putting on a show in the arena", I mean free-lunging one of the horses to show how we exercise them. It's always so much fun to see a horse moving through their different gaits.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #1240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Thanks - giving day!
Old 11-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #1241
Big Yapper!

I am finally thawed out! I was so cold when I got home (well, the entire time) that sitting on a heating pad wasn't cutting it for me. After soaking in a hot bath, the heat is now radiating out from my core and I am well.

I got there at 1:30 and was surprised to see the manager still there. She's been getting to work like 2 minutes late these days so I shouldn't have gone that early thinking she'd be gone. She was surprised to see me, too. She looked great! Hair all done up, make-up on, etc. I didn't know she put that much effort into her appearance for her medical job. I respect that.

The morning girl and the manager had gotten everything set up so nice that coming early wasn't even necessary! All the barn stall waters were full and plugged in, all the pm hay was passed (except for the mini's) and I was "set." I was so happy that they did that for me! I made sure I thanked them both later on for setting me up so nicely.

My niece and her partner showed up about 2:15 and they were bundled up in layers. It was good that I warned them about the wind and the cold up on the hill. They took me seriously! They came in the side gate so I started the tour at that part of the property. First thing to show them was Big Red and Daphne, and THE TRACTOR! I told them that I'll be tractor-trained after next Wednesday so they said they wanted me to get inside so they could take a pic.

I opened the door and was surprised the door had a "soft open" feature to prevent it from opening too roughly. Then I stepped inside and sat down and was surprised again to find that the seat went down when I sat on it! I've sat on tractor seats before but for some reason, I never saw that one coming. Then it was like a free-for-all. I got out and they each got in and had their picture taken. I'll share when I get the pics. That damn thing is going to be COOL!

They really had a good time with the animals, despite the cold. My niece was way more into the animals than her partner was. She even said something about our family being so into animals. My niece was digging every part of the tour. They were there about 1.5 hours and I showed them EVERYTHING, including the tack room, the grain room, the board room, the barn, the duplexes, and the horses in each paddock.

I took a couple horses into the arena to show them free lunging too but by that time, her partner had gone back to the car to warm up. She was really suffering in the cold and wind. We had gone inside for a while but the reprieve didn't last long.

I had my niece lead Calvin to the arena. She had never handled a horse before. I said, "You wanna lead him?" she said, "okay." We weren't going far. They were in the paddock right behind the arena.

Free lunging them was a joke cause when Calvin and Lola are lunged together, they tag-team. I gave up on them after a few minutes and we lead them to their run-ins for the night. It was about 3:30. So then I took Frodo into the arena and he was a real pill. He acted like he was going to kick me. Actually, if he really wanted to, he could have really nailed me good. I was in the perfect position for his shenanigans. What an idiot he can be!

So I went to the grain room to get a crop/whip and came back to the arena. Suddenly he got the idea that I wasn't going to take any crap from him and he cooperated with me. He even turned on a dime when I'd put up my hand to "block his eye." (Is that something you guys do too? Or have done in the past? Seems weird to me but it works so who am I to question why?)

After that they headed out and I played race-against-the-clock to get the paddocks cleaned up before the sun went down. I got everything done in time (Thank you Lord!) and then it was grain time and time for a few of the worst ones to get brushed off. (Calvin rolled in the arena, which I knew he would do. He's notorious for rolling in the arena.)

Everyone already had their heavy sheets on so I just had to tuck them in, clean the paddocks, feed, groom a few (very basic, fast groom) and dump paddock waters. Top barn waters and sweep the barn and that was that! Sounds simple enough but it took me a long time. It's been ages since I had no helpers. It opened my eyes to volunteers!!!! I need to lighten up and be more appreciative of what they do, even if they don't do it as well as I would have. Lesson learned!

Everything happens for a reason. I set out taking the shift to be kind to the girl who would have had to work it, so she could be with her family for Thanksgiving. I ended up having a great time with my niece from D.C. and learning how valuable the volunteers are, even though they irritate me sometimes. See how God works? Isn't He awesome?

So, that's it. That's my Thanksgiving Day story. I can hardly wait to learn the tractor! That thing is "RAD", for lack of a better word. Dating myself, I'm sure. LOL! Happy Thanksgiving and God bless each of you tonight. I'm off tomorrow! And I have money in the bank! And I still have heat radiating out of my previously-frozen body after taking that soaking hot bath!
Old 11-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #1242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl,
How delightful. Your day at the farm sounds fun & interesting. Gotta love that! Showing your niece around sounds great!
Have a good sleep-in tomorrow!
Old 11-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #1243
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Deb! I hope I can sleep-in. I'm on one of those wake-before-the-sun jags. I have no clue why this happens to me sometimes and I just HATE IT! I don't have enough Restoril's to keep me under and keep me snoozing and I just can't bear the idea of getting up at 4am.

Glad you liked my story! Hope your Thanks-giving is a special one. Sorry for the necessary somber tone of it but your dear MIL planned her exit perfectly. She must have been an amazing and selfless woman.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #1244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Happy Thanksgiving Cheryl! Sorry I've been Mia but just been getting ready to go on this road trip. Yep, it's getting close! Lol I talked to Shawn today and it was nice. He said they got a decent dinner. He has moved to a safer, not completely safe, place. He'll move to an airbase next, they'll receive their awards and then prepare to leave. I'm so anxious! Whee he is now has terrible internet so FB messaging is sporadic and phone calls aren't happening.
It's been very cold here. We had a snow storm yesterday. We have about 4 inches of snow now.
I have the flu. Yesterday was the worst. I just slept all day and last night I was awake often blowing my nose! I took some Tylenol cold and flu today and it helped. I was able to cook dinner.
That's been basically what I've been doing. Not a lot happening.
I remember when you got ur job at the farm. It's been 2 yrs already? Wow! Time flies, doesn't it?
Nice to hear ur dinner out turned out well. Next year, if Shawn is still in Ky, we may go down there for Thanksgiving. His unit is getting cut after this deployment so I don't know what this means for him. I hope he stays in Ky.
We'll, ttys! I'll be on more often, promise.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:09 AM   #1245
Big Yapper!

That sucks about the snow storm and the flu. I'm sorry, sweetie! Hard to be a Mom and a "Mawma" at the holidays when you are so sick (did I spell Mawma right? LOL.)

That's great that your son is on his way, step by step, back to the US of A where he belongs. You'll have to let me know when he actually is back so I can say a prayer of thanks.

I've been at the farm for almost 2 years but only as an employee since January of this year. I volunteered for a full year before the job offer came. Time does fly though, doesn't it? I wonder how many years I'll be with them, how much I'll learn, and how much the farm will grow and prosper in the coming years. I hope they manage to build their dream building but I'll settle for a covered arena for the time being. It's tough to get through winter when there is no place the horses can run around. I wish I could talk them into postponing the porch re-do and put a roof on the arena instead. I think I'm going to bring it up next time we have a staff meeting. It's that important.

I wonder what that means; that your DS's unit is "getting cut." I hope it's a good thing. I hope it's a wonderful thing!

I'm off today and the sun is shining. Slept late but had to work at it. I keep waking before the sun. Birdies all need to be fed and so eventually I'll need to go get dressed and brave the cold and take care of them. It's cruel to let them go this long. I hope others up and down the road also feed the birds. I don't know how far those little buggers travel to eat but if we all at least take turns, they won't go hungry!

On a different note, I got a jury duty notice and I was able to postpone my service for up to 10 months. They wanted me there in the beginning of January. I don't want to deal with that in the deepest parts of winter so I asked for next October. I hate that the court they assigned me to is so far away. I never go to New Britain. Maybe I can ask them to change the court? It's a long way off. I won't sweat it now.

So have a nice day, if you can! I hope this flu of yours doesn't last much longer. I hope you got the vast majority of your packing for your trip done before you fell ill. And I hope Chloe is enjoying playing in the snow! Pics of snowy Chloe, please.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #1246
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope you are doing ok , on my phone - no wifi
Old 11-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #1247
Big Yapper!

Oh, darn it! I got excited seeing there were three threads that you posted on and now I see you have no wifi. It's been DEAD around here today. I hate when people get all caught up in LIVING and have no time for us cyber friends. Just kidding, kind of.

Well, I hope you are having a great time and look forward to hearing from you again when you are able. Later, gator!
Old 11-30-2013, 07:48 AM   #1248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's just how I feel too!
Old 11-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #1249
Big Yapper!

Isn't it just awful?

Working today. Still only in the 20 degree range. Hopefully the wind won't be terrible and hopefully at least one of the volunteers shows up.

My bath bombs came in the mail yesterday! They are very tiny compared to the ones I was given for Christmas last year so I'm reserving judgment until I try one or two. 18 of them came in a box that fit inside of my mailbox, if that gives you an idea of their size. But they are each very colorful and have a strong scent (each color has a different scent) and each carefully wrapped in some tissue paper. They just might end up being nice!

Let me ask you guys something. Do you have a song or a tune of some kind running in your head from the moment you wake up in the morning until the time you fall asleep? I do and it drives me nuts sometimes cause I can't "turn the channel" or turn it off. A lot of times I'll have one song going and then I'll think of something as I'm just going about my daily routine and if a word reminds me of a song, instantly, the song switches over to a song in my memory banks with that word in it.

I don't know if this is normal or if this is a sign of some illness I may have that has gone undefined or maybe my medications for depression and mood need to be altered in some way. This can't be normal for most or even a sizable portion of humanity. Can you share if this happens to you more than just on occasion?

Well, enough about that. I just had to ask cause it's been really driving me a little nuts lately. Maybe I need a mantra to repeat to keep my mind occupied and not "bored."

Have a great day, wherever you are and wherever you're going. I'll check back in later, after work. And maybe after my first bath-bomb experience. I'll be very cold and a hot bath is what warms me up the best. Unfortunately, it's ruining the skin on the tips of my fingers (along the nail bed, I mean) as well as my fingernails. Trying to find a way to condition them so they can be well, too.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #1250
Blabbermouth!!!

Lol ! I hum a lot . Mostly a lullaby -- lol !! What does that say about me ?? Hahaha
And I get songs stuck in
My head all the time and find myself singing them or humming them too !! I'm a goofball

The song I mostly hum is "lullaby and goodnight ..." There now y'all will have trouble
Getting it out
Of your heads too ! Lol !!!!

Have a good day at work . Wow ! 20 is sooo cold !
Old 11-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #1251
Big Yapper!

Well, thanks for weighing in on the head music. I need to hear from more of you on that. I sometimes feel like there's something wrong with me! Funny about the lullaby. Did you sing it to Shelby?

And I agree. 20 is too dog-gone cold. But here I go, out into it. Wish me luck.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:03 PM   #1252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah cold! We'll be driving in a bit of snow tomorrow.. should be better than the slush. Hope you have the right clothes for your 20 degrees.
Yes Cheryl, she was a wonderful MIL. I always felt loved by her. She became very much in tuned with Jesus the closer she got to going home. He gives that grace.... its such a gift.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #1253
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Happy December!! Sounds like you've already got the weather for it brrrr! How nice of your niece to cover dinner and come visit the horses! It's so sweet to be able to share that with her. I get to see my favorite aunt on Saturday.

Hope the bath bombs are nice! They sound great!! enjoy!! Especially with it being so cold outside! A hot bath sounds great!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #1254
Big Yapper!

Sorry but I just woke up and I'm working today so I need to drink coffee, get dressed and run out the door soon. It's in the 40's this week!! A winter reprieve!

Have a great day.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #1255
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad it warmed up some.....have a good day at work
Old 12-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #1256
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Cheryl, today I finally finished reading your entire journal. It has taken me so many days to read all of it and I've treasured every minute of the reading. In fact, I feel a little sad to have finished since I've been so enjoying it. Or I would feel sad if I didn't know that I can continue following your future adventures. I've subscribed to both your journal and the horse thread even though I'm no horsewoman and haven't ridden since I was 18 (and even then my riding wasn't as much a passion as simply something we did at summer camp and in school; something I enjoyed most in my late teens perhaps). But I've found the horse thread as interesting and entertaining as your journal. It may be of particular interest to me as one of my good friends lives on a small horse farm with her human and animal family and is intense about her love for all of them.

You are an incredibly talented writer. You paint scenes of your life so vividly that I've been mesmerized. You have a way of describing things and telling the stories of your life that I find fascinating and seductive. I think I'm addicted to reading your journal. I do believe you could make a living by writing; you are that talented.

And you seem to be such a wonderful, open, honest and passionate person. I hope you will accept me as one of your groupies.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:38 PM   #1257
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGetz View Post
Cheryl, today I finally finished reading your entire journal. It has taken me so many days to read all of it and I've treasured every minute of the reading. In fact, I feel a little sad to have finished since I've been so enjoying it. Or I would feel sad if I didn't know that I can continue following your future adventures. I've subscribed to both your journal and the horse thread even though I'm no horsewoman and haven't ridden since I was 18 (and even then my riding wasn't as much a passion as simply something we did at summer camp and in school; something I enjoyed most in my late teens perhaps). But I've found the horse thread as interesting and entertaining as your journal. It may be of particular interest to me as one of my good friends lives on a small horse farm with her human and animal family and is intense about her love for all of them.

You are an incredibly talented writer. You paint scenes of your life so vividly that I've been mesmerized. You have a way of describing things and telling the stories of your life that I find fascinating and seductive. I think I'm addicted to reading your journal. I do believe you could make a living by writing; you are that talented.

And you seem to be such a wonderful, open, honest and passionate person. I hope you will accept me as one of your groupies.
Who paid you to say everything I'd ever want to hear from a stranger? I kid you not. I've never been so blown away or uplifted by someone in my life. Aside from sounding a bit like a stalker, !!!

You must have A LOT of free time on your hands. Tell me more about you!

Wow. Excuse me while I try to regain my equilibrium! Seriously though, I'm deeply flattered and it's so cool that you popped out of thin air to give me such high praise. It means more than you can know. I always wanted to be a writer and I guess in my own small way, I have become one. God is good!

Old 12-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #1258
Big Yapper!

Oh! And if you want more stories and reading material from me, I had two journals before this one! They got too big and had to be closed. I'll post the links. That will keep you busy until long after the cows come home.

First journal:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...start-one.html

Second journal:

The Continuing Saga of CherylB's Weight Loss Journey (part 2)

First Horse Lover's thread:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/be...-need-one.html

Here's one that must have completely freaked people out, cause NO one replied.:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/em...eres-mine.html

It's so nice to know I have a fan!
Old 12-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #1259
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl,
How fun for you, a fan!
I enjoy reading your blog too, obviously!
Old 12-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #1260
Big Yapper!

Hey, Deb. You heading home after your shopping today? How's the weather up there right now? I hope the wet stuff is gone. It's dry here, thank the Lord. Mild and dry. Muddy at the farm, though.

Working again today. It's going to be such a long week. I'll be glad when it's over, but when it IS over, it will be colder from that point on. I looked at the long-range weather forecast and this is going to be our last mild temperatures for December. I'm not cut out for living in a place with such extremes. I like Spring and Fall and I endure Summer and Winter.

I took Cisco up to the Fish and Game last night after work. It was in the 30's at the time but I had to take her somewhere. It's been too long since I let her run and play in a place with different sights and smells. She had fun. After my eyes adjusted to the dim light (it was cloudy), I was even able to make out the path through the woods that leads to the dam so we ended up slowly walking through to the other side and then back to where I parked the car (Well, I went slowly, she went her normal speed). My only concerns were skunks or bear. It was a very short path so don't think it was a crazy thing to do. Plus I've walked it many times.

She's so easy to please. I can do that for her, at least. Once we got back into the car, I turned it on and we just warmed up with the heat blasting and kept the car parked. She was in the back seat with her front paws on the glove box between the bucket seats, and so she was looking out the windshield. I just reached up with my gloved hands and rubbed her neck and face all over and she was just so happy. Ready for whatever we were going to do next, even if it was going to be going home. Dogs are ready for anything. It's all good.

Have a great day, everyone. I'm going to drink some coffee and try to wake up.