WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
sounds like a lovely 3 days .. Glad you enjoyed them and had great weather
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #1202
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Thanks, Laura. It was nice to be able to do nothing or only what I felt needed to be done. Now I can get back to work and feel like they don't really own me.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #1203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Sounds great!!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #1204
Big Yapper!

Oops! From yesterday:

Today I've been in so much pain. I mean, debilitating pain. I did okay at work. I always do. But when I go back into the farm house to sign out and write on my time sheet and leave a note for the manager, I sit down and that's when I notice how out of whack my spine is and how much back pain I'm experiencing.

But today I got home and went to reach across the front seats for my bags (was standing outside the car at that point,) I felt this tweaking or something around my right collar bone. It wasn't bad but I surely noticed it. As the evening went on, it wasn't long before I felt full-on spasms in the entire chest area all along where my collar bones are. I started to wonder if it was my heart or something rather than just the chest muscles so I took my pulse. 60 bpm and regular.

So I took four Motrin and drank a couple of beers but the spasms kept happening. It was so weird and so painful. It was like I couldn't move or breath or reach for something until they passed. Then I prayed that there would be something in the house that would make a hot bath enjoyable for me, cause I'm out of those bath bombs and the cheap ones I found at the store are pitiful. I came up with some coconut scented body lotion and a half pint of Epsom salt.

It was enough to set me right. I soaked for a while and that literally helped everything that was ailing me. Now I'm going to sleep (Oh crap!) "early" (too late for that) to get up and be at the farm for noon. There's an open house for military individuals and their families. I hope it goes really well. I have no idea how this is going to even be structured. I get the feeling we will all be surprised cause NO ONE knows how this is going to go.

God bless each of you tonight. Sleep well.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #1205
Big Yapper!

Today:

LONG day today, and it either rained or misted almost the entire time. We had our open house for military folks. It was nice but there was very poor turn-out. But for the overall effect, it went very well. I was there around 12:15 because I was lead to believe we would be needed before the event began at 1. We weren't needed that early.

I went outside after putting address stickers on some pamphlets for the director (hate just sitting around so I said, "put me to work.") I saw the manager bringing down a slightly soggy, terribly muddy formerly-white horse so I took that as my cue to book it out there and away from the office stuff.

I helped groom him while she went to get his tack cause she was going to ride him in the arena along with the morning barn girl who was already out there riding Red. Yep, in the drizzle. It got heavier for a while and then she came down to the barn on Red, just to see what the hold-up was for the manager with Frodo. Eventually he got tacked and ridden, then people started to trickle in for the open house.

They went on the tour of the farm and there was a demonstration of non-verbal communication with the horse by gesture, eye contact, body position and energy level. OMG! Our program director is one hell of a knowledgeable equestrian. I should be picking her brain and hanging out with her every chance I get. If I could ever get 1/10th as good as she is, I'd be impressive, too.

My problem is I need repetition so what I need is to audio tape her and play it back over and over until it sinks in. Video tape would be even better. They need one of those microphones with a speaker. She really had to speak loudly and two of the military guys were talking amongst themselves rather than listening.

Someone (two people, actually) from the Press showed up. One reporter and one photographer. I don't know which paper they were with but I'm trying to find out so I can be sure to get their paper for the next couple days to make sure we get the article and see the pics they took. Should be fun. The reporter asked my name and got my last name, too. Oh, boy. And she heard me mention I was in the military once upon a time so she wrote down what branch it was, etc. Thankfully, she didn't ask me what my training was in. I was a cook. Long story but I wasn't even that! We had civilians cooking on our base so we did nothing.

So the horses were all filthy and wet and all wanting to come in from soon after they got their lunch hay. I don't understand why they give them more hay at lunch if there is plenty of hay left over from when they got turned out in the morning. The volunteer and I spent ages raking up all the wet, scattered hay piles in the paddocks. It seemed like we would never get done. And they (for whatever reason) have to put todays hay on a pristine area, as opposed to putting it in the same spot that yesterday's hay was put. And my volunteers I had yesterday didn't rake the hay so we were doing two day's worth. And they are regulars who know better but I can't drag them back by the scruff of their necks to ask them to "clean that up!"

It got super foggy and misty at dinner time and you could hardly see the "white" horse up on the ridge. He just kind of became a part of the mist. (When I got home and turned on The Weather Channel, it said visibility was 5 miles! ) So we turned them all in and instead of grooming them, we gave them each a towel-drying. The manager said, "If Frodo's being an ass, just leave him." I got him to let me dry him. I even put the towel on his face and head like I do with my dog and just let him try to get it off. He liked the game.

No more collarbone spasms today or tonight but my back is absolutely killing me. It's better now but it took four Motrin and laying on a heating pad. I don't know why I feel SO BAD when I come home from work. Is it because it takes some time for all the energy and effort you expend to catch up with your muscles?

So, that was my day. Actually, one of the Vets who came was really cute and nice. If he's single and keeps coming, maybe we'll get to know each other better. He was very likable. And he loved Ellen. (I might have to start wearing makeup.)
Old 11-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #1206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ohhh!!
Old 11-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #1207
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
Cheryl, wow that sounds like a lonnnnng day. Sorry the turnout wasn't as expected.

Long soaking hot baths do wonders don't they ? Hope the soreness will get better !
Old 11-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #1208
Big Yapper!

I got the latest natural gas bill. In the summer months, it's been as low as the $40 range. Now it's over $100 and it's not even winter yet. All I can attribute it to is my hot bath water usage. I'm not going to stop taking the baths so I'm going to use that programmable thermostat more wisely and have it turn itself down when I'm at work. I already have it kick itself down around 11 pm. And I am going to wash all future loads of clothes in only cold water.

I was at the store tonight after work and I wish to God I'd thought to buy more Epsom salts. I'll be sure and get some tomorrow. I've begun to refer to it as my hot tub. No jets but just as soothing and enjoyable. And no chemicals to keep it clean! Just fresh water every time. Wait til the landlady gets the next water bill! She's going to go and then she's going to go . I can't help it, man. I need to treat what is ailing me.

I also need to go and reapply for energy assistance, and soon. I'm just thinking it might be a waste of time cause now I have this job. I will give it a whirl anyway. What do I have to lose by trying? It's worth giving it a go.

Two more days of work and off for two. Thank you Lord for my job. I'm sorry for the times I have complained about things there. I am so thankful You provided me with this opportunity. Help me to do the things I need to in order to feel my best. Amen.

Sweet dreams, ladies. I'm off to bed now.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #1209
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Sounds like you're finding the right way to handle the job. Sore and spasming muscles aren't fun, but warm baths are . I don't remember you having such pain before. Is it worse now? Wonder if anything has changed? Hope you're feeling we'll and know you're looking forward to a few days off.

Cute guy at work? Makeup? Do tell...
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #1210
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Sounds like you're finding the right way to handle the job. Sore and spasming muscles aren't fun, but warm baths are . I don't remember you having such pain before. Is it worse now? Wonder if anything has changed? Hope you're feeling we'll and know you're looking forward to a few days off.

Cute guy at work? Makeup? Do tell...
I found out tonight that my manager thought he was cute and nice too. I said, "Oh yeah? I'll flip you for him." (ykwim, right? Heads/tails.) I don't think the 21 year old girl standing nearby understood what I meant. Maybe she thought I meant wrestle with her.

We made the front page of the local paper today! Some great pics, too. Frodo was in every one of them but none of Ellen. It was a nice article. I was mentioned by name and it was cool. I think this is the 4th time in my life I either made it into the paper or the evening news. Too freaking funny!

I do feel better today. I had helpers and it was busy with lots of things going on but it was a good day. Mild and windy. And I took some Motrin before leaving the house, so that helped a lot. My back always gives me pain when my weight is up. And if not my lower back, I get pain between my shoulder blades. Not so much these days. And my hands go numb when I am grasping things for too long, like a pen or something. I notice over the time it takes me to clean the mini's pen and shelter, my hand is always numb. But if I have a volunteer do it, it's just not done well. It's a hard area to clean up.

It is trash and recycle night so when I've finished this post (which I've been typing with only my left hand, so I could eat with my right one, except for the last two paragraphs), I will go take care of that. I stopped on the way home and got two bags of Epsom Salts. Next bath I take will be a relaxing one (as if any of them aren't.)

Amidst all the other farm chores, I got to free lunge Big Red. I seriously need more practice doing that. I got him to do it alright but they know when you know what you're doing, and they know when you don't. I tried to be aware of my communication with him by looking him in the eye and looking where I wanted him to go, I was conscious of my energy level and would try and raise it up when I wanted him to go faster, and stuff like that. I was able to get him to turn and change directions when I asked him to and in the end, he came and joined up with me, but I had to walk around a bit to try and get him to "connect." For those who may not know, joining up means they come to you after you've been driving them around the arena as a sign that they consider you their leader. If they won't join up, it's probably because you didn't do it very well. I was happy with the outcome. I need practice, that's all.

So tomorrow we dip back down into the 40's for daytime high temps. We're actually having a pretty decent, long Fall. Thank you, Lord.

Goodnight, ladies. Ttyt. I hope everyone is having a great night.

Last edited by CherylB; 11-18-2013 at 04:40 PM..
Old 11-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #1211
Blabbermouth!!!

Cute guy ? That would be awesome ~ wouldn't you love to have someone to spend time with ? Ooh La La
Old 11-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #1212
Big Yapper!

The truth is, I'm so over or "past" the "ooh la la" part of my life. I guess the drugs I take for depression have contributed heavily to the squelching of my "ooh la la" urges. And the pain and devastation I have experienced through loving men has all but closed the doors of my heart. But for someone to become friends with, to do things with, to get to know? I'd be open to that. I just got a nice feeling about him, is all. Every once in a very long while, it happens.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #1213
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey having a great friend is just great too in my book. Hope you all get to know each other more .
Old 11-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #1214
Big Yapper!

What will be will be. Night, everyone. Peace.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #1215
Big Yapper!!!!

Sounds a like a good day! Keep your options open, friends are very worthwhile . Enjoy the cooler weather!! Fall for a bit longer
Old 11-21-2013, 07:49 AM   #1216
Blabbermouth!!!

You doing ok ? Not like you to miss days in a row..... Just checking in on you ! miss ya !
Old 11-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #1217
Big Yapper!

Sorry, Laura. I do forget the journal sometimes. I write about my day on the horse thread and then I sometimes forget to copy and paste over here. But I'm off work (day #2) and have little to add to either thread at the moment.

It's been pretty cold here this week and on the windy side. Today looks a bit less windy, from what I can tell by looking out the windows.

My Christmas Cactus is coming into full bloom! I love that cactus. My Mom gave me a few pieces off of hers and it grew into this great big beautiful plant. It started to fall apart last year and I suspected it was because I had it outdoors and not up high enough to be safe from the male dog upstairs. He has to scent mark everything. Huge branches were just rotting off at the surface and I was in a panic. But it's stable now and I've been successful in repotting and replanting much of what fell out and it's back to being gorgeous.

I'm not one to like the color pink but those flowers are more of a fuchsia I guess and it's so amazing to look at. Do you guys have one? They are so easy to care for. But those little beautiful buds pop off so easily so when it's beginning to bloom, you have to be so careful or you will cheat yourself out of some blooms.

Working tomorrow, then off Saturday. It's going to only be in the 30's this weekend! Those are the daytime temps, y'all. We're plugging in the horse's water buckets and I'm sure we'll be putting their sheets on them. They weren't on this past week, even with all the wind. They might have enjoyed wearing them on Tuesday. Yeesh! When I got there and started my chores, they were all facing the same direction; with their asses to the wind.

Dunkin Donuts has screwed up AGAIN with my coffee order. I can't understand why they keep screwing up MY orders. I mean, if it was happening to other customers, they would be taking care of the problem by now and corrected the individuals who can't keep up with the demands of working the drivethru. I'm going to just forget about them. I like my own coffee but sometimes it's convenient to drive up and order "what you want".

I've got a whopper of a zit growing near my left nostril. It's been building for going on two days now and no matter what I put on it (that usually works) to squelch it, it keeps right on building. It's going to be one of those painful ones. I'll go put something else on it and hope for the best. Usually just putting a dap of plain old toothpaste on one will turn it around and make it heal pretty quickly.

There was a hungry squirrel trying desperately to get inside of my squirrel-proof bird feeder around noon today. I've seen one or two work at it until they've finally wiggled inside and then they are in a cage, just eating and eating. I have thought to just let them keep eating until they got such a full belly that they couldn't get back out, just to scare the bejezzus out of them so they won't do it again. Then I could let Cisco out and she'd be standing just below the feeder, going nuts barking at this stuck thing in the cage.

So, that's what's happening in my world right now. Aren't you glad you asked? How are you? I guess I'll find out. I'm heading over to everyone else's journals now. Making the rounds!
Old 11-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #1218
Big Yapper!!!!

Glad it's going well. Brrrr to the 30's! A fireplace sounds good when it gets like that! Ah, the drive thru. Did you ever see Lethal Weapon? I love the scene with Leo and the drive thru- "you always get scr3wed at the drive thru"... Pardon the language there but it's a really funny scene!

Hope work goes smoothly and quickly tomorrow!
Old 11-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #1219
Big Yapper!

I had to go to "that video channel" site and look that up. I don't think I'd ever seen that before. Funny, and true! I'd guess that would be MORE true when it's a place along a highway. But this is a small town and these people expect to see you again and again and again.

I drank the other coffees today and discovered that they messed up even worse than I thought they did! They really DID give me a large coffee with just milk (as I ordered for the manager at the farm) but they marked the cup as the way I take mine, with cream and splenda. And the third cup was so strange that I couldn't figure it out. It was super light in color but tasted like maybe they used sugar or something in it. It was just not right. I'm just going to save my money and make my own coffee more and more. Screw 'em!

Can you believe that Thanksgiving is a week from today??? I can't! I can not believe that. How can this be? The older you get, the faster time flies. Don't understand that, either.

I tried to sign onto LCF about 10 minutes ago and I couldn't. Did that happen to any of you? Was it a website glitch or just a Cheryl glitch? All these questions! Oh, well. Back to doing what I was doing before this. Hugs!
Old 11-22-2013, 07:04 AM   #1220
Big Yapper!!!!

Nope, didn't happen to me? I am getting to the point where I prefer my own coffee from home, made w. my sweetener and cream I love coffee!! There are a few places here that make a great breve latte but they're small private coffee places, I'm just thankful there are a few! It's a funny movie if you've never seen it. The language can be bad though I think?

Haves great weekend!! And yes! Time is flying!! B/c thanksgiving is so late this year, Christmas will be right after it! then it's on to a whole new yr!
Old 11-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #1221
Big Yapper!

I didn't realize that Thanksgiving was late this year. I wonder why that would be. Whatever! Things like that are just "incidental." Life is full of those incidentals.

Gloomy out there today but it's supposed to get somewhat sunny while I'm at work. Temps in the upper 40's so not too bad.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 11-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #1222
Big Yapper!!!!

It's the 4th Thursday of November, I believe. A different date each year, and this time it's toward the end of the month . Hope it warmed up for you. My dd wore her rain boots toda and enjoyed it immensely .
Old 11-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #1223
Big Yapper!

My day was "okay." Weather wasn't bad, horses were disgusting cause it had been raining earlier, and I had a girl coming with her "job coach" but it was supposed to be a new and improved one. This girl has been coming for several weeks now and I don't understand the situation but these "coaches" have no interaction with her at all. She gets dumped into our laps. They aren't even near her, to see how she does with the instruction I give her, so how can they even tell if she's doing well? What is the point of all this?? Nobody seems to know, including the job coaches. It's definitely a government program.

So, I got frustrated, as I do most every day now. I realize that the only days I have that are good are ones where there are no teenagers there for me to oversee and keep busy. Frankly, I didn't like teenagers even when I was one. All my friends were older. I am getting the feeling I wrote this recently so bear with me if I'm repeating myself.

I feel like I'm being forced into playing a sort of "social worker" roll and I'm not happy about it in the slightest. This girl lives in a group home (I think) and she's almost 20 but has the emotional level of an 11 or 12 year old. And there she is, stuck like glue to me because once the paddock cleaning is done, I have to have her do other things that she can't be entrusted to do independently (like lead a horse into the barn, put in cross ties, groom, and take to their stall.)

So she was acting "her age" and it was wearing me out. She was on one side of Calvin and I was on the other, shaking my head and wishing I had another life. I don't know how it devolved into what it is, but this is not what I signed up for. Where was the new and improved job coach? Keeping warm sitting in her car with the engine running. I reported the other job coach cause she was never in the vicinity of the girl, and this is her replacement. I felt like an idiot for getting the other one in trouble, cause I guess this is what they are getting paid to do. NADA.

But back to the horses. It was a lazy day. Everyone was just kind of standing still, napping in their paddocks. Only Cowboy and Frodo were seen snacking on this or that. I saw Mariah the mini and Lola both lying down. The first thing I think of when I see a horse down is "colic." So, I go and check on Mariah (who was lying on her side with her head on the ground too) and when she saw me approach their gate, she stood up and shook off. I talked with her a bit and she seemed fine.

A few minutes later, I find Lola's down. I walk into her paddock and she doesn't get up. I get closer to her and see her chin is resting on the ground and I can hear her breathing. I got concerned. I pet her and talked with her and stepped back to look her over, then I'd step closer and pet her again. She responded to me making a little circle on her forehead and then when I stopped doing that, she pulled her head away. So I said, "I'm coming back in 20 minutes and if you're still laying here, I'm calling someone." Five minutes later she was on her feet. Two bullets dodged.

Daphne's doing much better. Today was the first day I've been able to fully groom her entire body in a couple of months. Literally the first time in that long since she's let me touch her belly. And she was so itchy! There were what I would consider swollen areas on either side of her utters (I thought the utters were puffy too, but what do I know about horse utters?) and she just wanted me to rub and rub and rub. She'd crane her neck way out and just wouldn't let me stop. When I did stop, she actually turned around to make sure I did the same thing to the other side! That was a first.

I used the brush on her belly and found that she was shedding a lot from that same itchy region, so I used just my hand and noticed a large area that was basically going bald. (Also near her utters.) And there was this goopy disc of dark brown dried, flattened God-only-knows-what stuck between her two rows of utters. She let me pick off the big piece but got annoyed if I kept at it. I have no idea what it was but I showed it to the Director who I had come out with me later on to view the swollen/itchy areas and hair loss.

She says "she's detoxing." That's basically what she always says. Detoxing from what, I don't know. They gave her some sulfur for some reason (homeopathic remedies rule with her) and it was supposed to help with energy meridians and stuff like that. I don't understand any of that voodoo stuff. But all I can say is that she was remarkably different today and I had to show the Director the change.

Even after I stepped out of her stall, she sidled up to the stall door as if she wanted me to keep scratching her area. I reached over and scratched but said, "I can't reach it from here!" We were laughing at her and when I opened her stall door back up, she stood right there waiting for more scratching. She tried to turn around for me to do the other side but she did it wrong and I ended up with her butt planted firmly in my chest and I was stuck between her and the stall door. Not a safe place to be. I got her to step away and I went around to her other side.

Normally she does NOT like people in her stall. She wants to have it to herself and she'll pin her ears and step far away while you're picking the stall or doing anything else when she's in there. Today, she was acting like she wanted me to sleep over!

I put the sheets on the four duplex guys as instructed but I don't think it will be cold enough for those tonight. They didn't seem to mind.

I'm off tomorrow. Sunday's going to be wicked windy and cold. Brrrrrrr!!!

Have a good night, ladies. Hope you liked the story.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #1224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the story. Feels like we came with you!
Glad you get tomorrow off!
Old 11-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #1225
Big Yapper!

Sleep tight.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #1226
Big Yapper!

Had a very peaceful day off. Sun was shining and I never got out of my PJ's. Just put Cisco out to do her thing and saw that there must be a roast beef dinner or something going on at the firehouse across the street. The parking lot is full and there are cars parked all up and down the street on both sides. I thought that was illegal. Maybe they make exceptions for themselves (cops, fire fighters, ems types.)

I think I'm going to finish off my relaxing day with a nice bath. I bid on a package of 18 "whoopie pie" bath bombs on ebay. I have just over a day to see if my bid is the only one left standing. If so, I got them for a song. I hope there's no reserve. If I like them, I'll buy more in the future. I want to see for myself before I invest more money into them. If they are close to the quality of the ones I was given as a gift last Christmas, I'll definitely be buying more. Heavenly!

I decided to put Cissy's barking collar on her today. As per usual, she's afraid to move or leave the porch but she was the same exact way when getting used to the radio fence collar. Problem is this darn collar goes off when she isn't barking. Earlier, all she did was shake her head back and forth the way dogs do and it sounded off. All I'm going to end up doing is making her fearful of everything. I should have spent more money on a better collar. Maybe I'll see what a good one costs. Back to ebay!
Old 11-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #1227
Big Yapper!

FRIGID!!!! January day in November. OMG, y'all. At the farm (at the top of the hill), the wind chill had to have been zero. Maybe 2 degrees. It was only in the low 20's and the wind was ferocious. It's supposed to continue through the night and the forecast says the "real feel" will be -6 degrees. If it were up to me, I'd have put the stall buckets in the duplex stalls and just closed them inside. That's not what she had me do, though. Everyone was wearing their warmer sheets, including little Ellen. The mini's don't have sheets and I wonder if they would allow us to put them on even if we had some. Hmmm... Something to put on the list of things we might look for in the future.

It was just awful. I got there at 3 cause I just couldn't get up the ambition to move sooner and I was done in two hours flat. I had the help of my two reliable Sunday ladies which is the only reason I got done that fast. The manager had her sister down visiting from Maine and they were celebrating Thanksgiving today. They invited me to come up and relax, have a glass of wine, etc but I was just frozen solid and I had a few places I needed to stop at before getting home. (Plus ONE glass of wine is never enough for me.)

It's looking as though I'm going to be the one and only bidder on some bath bombs online! I'll know in about a half hour if I won. I hope they end up being nice cause they are so much less expensive than the other ones that were gifted to me last Christmas. And anything I am trying to simulate them just isn't working out.

Charmed was acting so cute tonight when I was in his stall, trying to make sense of what he'd done to it by being in it all day long. At first he seemed nippy and irritated but then he got interested in my breath or something and he kept stretching his nose to my mouth area. I was laughing and gave him some kisses and he kept doing it. And he was lightly rubbing his face on my body to get a little scratch, too. Those are the moments that keep me going.

Thankfully, tomorrow and the rest of the week is supposed to be better than today. There's some question as to what will happen on Wednesday, which is the day we're all meeting at that buffet for our Thanksgiving celebration.

The manager sent me a forward of an email conversation she's been having (or trying to have) with THE DIRECTOR. One of the last things she says in the email to the director is that she's been hearing from the barn staff people (ie me and one other girl) that she's been doing things behind the manager's back. WTH? I have no idea what she's talking about and that makes me now look like I'm ganging up on the director. What a mess!

I cut and copied that one sentence and put it into an email to the manager and sent it to her tonight. I said, "I don't know what you are referring to but you can't be using such generalizations. Be specific." Then I said that if the director came up to me and asked me what I'd told the manager (that would qualify as "going behind her back",) I told her I'd have a "deer in the headlights" look on my face.

I know she feels like she needs "reinforcements" and she feels that she's outnumbered but come on. You can't say things like that! And to be going back and forth in emails when they are things that need to be discussed in person or at least via phone, is just "juvenile."

I brought plants into the farm to give to the director and the office administrator cause they both nearly pounced on this little "Easter cactus" (?) that I wanted to rehome. I told them I'd bring more loose Christmas cactus branches I had and they could divvy them up, too. Then I remembered I had a few too many Amaryllis plants. So NOW, it must be looking to the director like I'm being a brownnoser and pretentious. I am neither!

Whatever. Things have got to get better soon. It's like a bad pimple that's about to pop. Gross image but there is definitely an analogy there. Something is infected and healing needs to happen. Happy Holidays!

And tomorrow pm, they are having a meeting regarding the next annual Horse's Ball. It's not for months from now but they want to start working out the details and want everyone to get involved. I'm working so I may or may not step in and say hello. I might just duck out quietly.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #1228
Big Yapper!

I can see this is going to be a slow week on the boards.

I won those bath bombs! $15 for 18 of them, plus free shipping! If they are great, I'm going to keep buying more. That is a huge savings over the other brand I had been given at Christmas last year. Those sold for $5 and up EACH!

Working today. In fact, counting yesterday, working 8 out of the next 10 days.

I hope everyone has a very blessed Thanksgiving. Deb, I'm sad for you but happy for your MIL. What a wonderful Thanksgiving she's having in Heaven!
Old 11-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #1229
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad you won them That will be great this winter !

Wow ! You aren't used to working that much, hope it doesn't wear you out !

41 here and rained during the night ... fireplace on ! ttyl got to get my roots done ! I'll be on the boards....... I am always on when I'm off
Old 11-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #1230
Big Yapper!!!!

Brrr!! I can't imagine hw you're going to brave winter! Glad you had good help and got through so quickly!! Woohoo for the ebay win! Love it!! ENjoy it girl (so hope you like them, that would be a nice bonus!).

Have a happy Thanksgiving. Not sure how much I'll be online this week as everyone is at our house, but I'll try to stop in. I'm trying to get back down a bit before I overindulge again . Take care!!