WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
All stocked up? Hope you're enjoying a bit of financial freedom
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2013, 09:31 AM   #1142
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Yeah; payday is always a welcome experience. Especially at the end of the month. Thank you Lord for my farm job!

It is so GLOOMY today. No rain yet but it's supposed to be starting soon. It may spoil a lot of trick or treater's plans. The real stormy stuff will begin sometime tonight and grow more intense overnight and they are predicting wind gusts up to 40-50 mph! By the time I'm heading for work at 3 (on Friday), it should be almost over. Yeesh!

That means they will have been in their stalls all day and the manager will probably leave me a note to turn them all out for a couple of hours while I clean their stalls and set up their dinner hay and water, then turn them back in for the night. Then they will have rolled in the paddocks and will need grooming.

Maybe she'll only want me to turn out the barn guys cause they don't have any "corral" or run-in areas. Only time will tell! Okay. I'm done musing about tomorrow and the storm stuff. Just hope we don't lose power with all that wind!

I got a call on my foam mattress finally! A guy is going to call me later and set up a time to come look at it. He wants to take his kid out trick or treating first. He was someone who talks and thinks so fast that he was getting almost everything I said backwards. I had to keep reigning him in and slowing him down to make sure he knew where I was. I'm so thankful that I can live at a much slower rpm than some folks.

That's all I have planned for the day. Wish me luck with the mattress. I told him I wouldn't take less than $125. He said that sounded fair. Dang right, it's fair! Less than half price and brand new. I just want it out of the way.

Have a great day. I'll be in and out of LCF all day and evening. Going to stay at home where I'm safe, warm and dry.

Last edited by CherylB; 10-31-2013 at 09:33 AM..
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:20 AM   #1143
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
Hope you sell it! What happened to your daily updates? I miss them. How's the scale treating you? Fickle thing! hope you enjoy your evening and its not too cool! Should be perfect here, high of 72 today, which is a lot cooler than normal for us! Not complaining!
Old 10-31-2013, 02:05 PM   #1144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Glad someone finally called about ur mattress. Hope he takes it off your hands.
Its raining here, just in time for trick or treaters to get wet later. Chloes mini mouse and soooo cute! My dd took her to the bf's to get some candy where he lives. I informed her next year she's mine to take. She didn't say anything. LOL
I'm just staying indoors and dry too! Its warm out so it stinks that its raining.
Well, BBL. Oh! The second group of guys came home from Shawn's unit!!!! Pretty soon now!!!!
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:09 PM   #1145
Big Yapper!

The mattress is gone! The guy was such a frazzled mess that he didn't even come with the exact amount we agreed upon earlier. He asked if I had a $5 and when I told him all I had was a $20 and that he could go down the street to the Dunkin Donuts and get change there, he just paid me $5 more than he would have had to. Fine by me! If it was a ploy to get it a little cheaper, it backfired. I'm so glad it's gone.

It's warm here too and just started getting rainy in the past 2 hours. I only had one trick or treater knock on my door but I just laid low like I always do. I don't do any of that nonsense. Too bad that it had to start raining, though.

That's wonderful news that Shawn's getting that much closer to coming home. It can't be long now!

I am turning in early tonight. Hope I can fall asleep before midnight for a change. Still waking up at almost exactly 4 am every dang morning. I'm not keeping track of the number of days that it has happened but it's well over a week now.

And my bro-in-law does have a case of gout. Unbelievable. Anyway, that's the update on him. He's still in a lot of pain and walking with crutches.

Have a great night, ladies.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:09 PM   #1146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi!
Hope the mattress buyer shows & takes it off your hands... these selling things are kind of annoying.
I'm trying to sell a snow-mobile. Right off the bat, everybody wants it, but nobody shows up to look at it... all wanting us to hold it for them... then never follow through. Eventually someone will come & buy it, but people sure do 'talk the talk'
Hope you're doing well!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:16 PM   #1147
Big Yapper!

Oops! We cross posted, Deb. I hate selling stuff, too. People want it for next to nothing, too. Mattresses are so much money and this one was unused. He says, "What's your rock-bottom price?" and I have it listed for $150. It all worked out in the end and now I don't have to have it in my way.

I hope you sell your snowmobile quickly and to someone who recognizes its value.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:39 PM   #1148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awesome!
Old 11-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #1149
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Sorry you had gloomy weather. Hope it cleared up for work today !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #1150
Big Yapper!

It did indeed clear up! It was dry and sunny for the time I went to work. There were mucky areas for sure but it was pleasant and warm. The horses were disgusting though. They each rolled in the mud when they were turned out in the early afternoon. Gross! Smelly, nasty, dirty, ugly, etc. Why do animals love nothing better than to get dirty!?

Heading to bed now. I hope you are all well and peaceful this evening.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #1151
Big Yapper!

Due to the time change, I'm going to get to work around 2:30 so I can get everything done and the horses groomed and turned in for around 4:30 and feed at 5. That's the plan, Stan. We'll see if that works or if it needs some tweaking. I'll have plenty of days to tweak it as the winter approaches.

Even with the Restoril and everything the way I normally do things at night, I woke during the night. Just for the heck of it, I glanced at the clock. 4 am! Actually is was 4:04. What is causing me to wake at that hour on my own every night?

We had a partial solar eclipse that would have been visible here at sunrise but you know me. Ain't no way I'm getting up that early to see that; or anything else, for that matter! I hope it wasn't cloudy so the folks who did try to see it got the chance to.

I'm really stiff and sore all over. Back to my "evil ways" of eating all the wrong things. Julie, to answer your question, I took the daily note and weight loss ticker off the signature because I stopped making progress and I decided that being so transparent isn't working for me. Even though I say not to make a big deal of the weight loss I have, people just can't help themselves. So the next time I embark, which will be soon, I will be keeping it all to myself.

For whatever reason, I am hypersensitive to this kind of accolade at this juncture of my life. So my only hope is to do it in silence and keep it a secret from everyone I know. When people in my life begin to notice I'm losing weight, that will be cool. But they usually don't start to notice until I'm in the mid to low 180's. That's a long way from where I'm currently at.

I don't think I want to lose for vanity's sake anymore. I just want to be comfortable in my skin. I was feeling amazing in the low 160's. If I can get that low and just hang there and maintain there for a year before going any lower, that would be absolutely fine by me. And that would give my skin a chance to tighten up, too. I'm seeing that the hurrier I go, the behinder I get. (As the saying goes.)

And if and when I start going back to the gym, I will be going to increase my strength, flexibility and endurance. I just want to be better-able to live my life. That's it! I'm not trying to impress anyone, attract anyone, get approval from anyone, I just want to feel better and be able to live better. Maybe that's why getting accolades messes me up; the old "approval" aspect of it.

Yesterday it was 60 degrees, today only in the 40's! Brrrr! Just turned on the weather channel so I can see the report. We might need to plug in the water buckets tonight. (We will indeed! Will only be in the 20's overnight for the next few nights. That means I'll be taking my bird waterer down tonight, too.)

Okay. Well, that's all the news. I'll bbl after work for a bit. Should be coming home earlier, too. We'll see how it goes! Have a good day, everyone.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #1152
Blabbermouth!!!

Have a great day at work Cheryl ! Wow, it's cold there ! Brrrrr.........
Old 11-04-2013, 06:15 AM   #1153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl and everyone! Sometimes I don't tell anyone I'm trying to lose weight either. I wait and see how much weight I lose before someone notices and says something.
I'm sitting here giving Chloe some Rice Krispies for breakfast. Her mom works 8-3 today. Yesterday I had her all day. My dd stayed Saturday night with the bf NCAA his friend is dying. They gave him just a couple days, which is up today. He has cancer. Such a horrible disease.
Hope you have a good day!
Old 11-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #1154
Big Yapper!

How sad to hear his friend is dying. Cancer is indeed a terrible disease. It literally sucks the life out of you. I hope he's comfortable and at peace. I believe in keeping people comfortable.

Sounds like you're doing well, Tammy. I was wondering about you the last day or two but I'm so dang busy that I barely have time to eat. I'm always holding the dang cell phone texting family members or barn people and then I'm hammering away on the laptop's keyboard. I don't know how I became this busy busy woman!

Today I have a staff meeting at 2:30. The program director actually just texted me to see if I was going to be able to make it, which was weird. I said I was but said I hoped it was going to be a short one because we have an hour less of daylight and we have our last Monday session of program lessons today, as well. It's going to be HECTIC. But it's my last program day of the year (I hope) and so I will keep reminding myself of that when I'm sweating bullets.

It's only in the 30's today! OUCH! Landlady came to mow, unbenounced to me. At least now I can SEE Cissy's droppings now that most of the fallen leaves have been chewed up. Tomorrow I pick the poopies! I know I am a bad tenant in that regard.

The problem with Cissy's droppings is that she walks away as she's doing them. So instead of a single pile that's easy to see (like the dog that lives upstairs), you have to go hunting for her's. If you find one, you know you're in the vicinity of the other two or three. I know. You really don't care to know all this, do you.

I have exactly one hour to be at that meeting so I best get off this computer, drink my coffee and get a move-on. Bbl to talk some more. Love and hugs to all!
Old 11-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #1155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My dd's bf wasn't prepared for the person he saw. Yes, he's comfortable. Perhaps over medicated a bit. He's at home with his parents and his friends have been visiting. His dad told him that next week he's telling everyone to please call before coming to visit bc it's just getting to be too much. They have him on morphine and he wakes up only when it starts wearing off. He did answer my dd's bf when he told him he was there. He was happy for that. This 27 yo has bone cancer, the same thing that killed his mother. Now his dad has to go through this again. I can't imagine how he is feeling.
I finally got a date when Shawn will be home!!!! I can't say when. I'm thrilled. Now he has to stay safe just a little longer.
I have to go. I'll be on tomorrow and talk more. Take care.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 11-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #1156
Big Yapper!

That's fantastic that you know when Shawn will return! I'm so happy for you, sweetie.

Bone cancer is supposed to be one of THE most painful types there are. No wonder they keep him snowed on pain meds. I hope he doesn't suffer longer than need be. I hope everyone goes and says their goodbyes so he won't feel he needs to hang on longer than he has to. I do believe people can cling to life long enough to see someone they want or need to see. Maybe they stick around until someone who will be left behind is ready to see their suffering end, even if it means they have to leave.

I hate death. I hate loss. I think that's why I don't want to live a long life. I don't want to see all my loved-ones go before me. I will shrivel up more and more with each departure. Well, enough of such talk. Such is life.

Have a nice night. (If you can after reading my depressing post.) I worked a long day. Staff meeting then barn job then when I was pretty much on my way out, I hear the manager talking with this girl and she said for her to shadow me to learn how to do the barn chores. So I had to show her something which meant I grabbed a wheelbarrow and started to show her how to muck a stall. After starting and doing a few, naturally I had to do them all. The girl was off and involved with the lesson kid that showed up late and so I was on my own. Oh well.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #1157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That was pretty cheesy of the manager... hope the girl learned!

Have a good day!
Old 11-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #1158
Blabbermouth!!!

Tay ~ yay !! What a blessing he will be home soon ! So happy for you all......

Cheryl ~ made the pork chops last night. They were good... Cooked 9 - only 2 left. DH and I had them with okra I think if I make them again, I will line the pan with foil and put all the pork chops in single layer, then cover and seal with foil all the way around ? Mine didn't brown at all though...... hmmm

Raining here. tired of it already !
Old 11-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #1159
Big Yapper!

Did you place the foil pouches on a pan or just on the oven shelves? They brown from the heat of the pan, but only on the side that touches the pan. The top side doesn't brown at all. Did you make the cream cheese and mustard/butter dip? What did you think of that?

Sorry it's raining in your part of TX. It does get old. I'm watching the weather channel right now. More and more places are getting snow. It's only a matter of time before we too are wearing our coats, scarves, hats, boots and gloves, and shoveling out after each new storm. I hope it isn't a bad winter. I think we're due for a decent one. Aren't we Lord?

I can't wait for my coffee to finish brewing. Need a cup bad.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #1160
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, I put them on a big half sheet pan. I just mixed mayo/mustard and dipped them in that ! It was good Will try that cc/mustard next...don't remember reading that's what you used. I'm forgetful
Old 11-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #1161
Big Yapper!

Oh, yuck! The cream cheese/butter/mustard dip was the reason it was so good! Oh well. Glad you liked it anyway. Did you put the mustard and rosemary, salt and pepper on the chops before baking?
Old 11-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #1162
Blabbermouth!!!

yes, rubbed them all over and wrapped them in foil several hours before I cooked them.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #1163
Big Yapper!

Old 11-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #1164
Big Yapper!

OMG. I went outside to fill the bird feeders front and back and decided I really should do poop patrol. Haven't done it in a few weeks. I guess neither has my neighbor upstairs. And the landlady mowed and it looked like she took out her frustration on us by running over each pile with the lawnmower tires. My back is now killing me and I'm wasted.

I have decided that enough is enough! I will not allow Cisco to just use the entire yard to do her business. I'm going to train her to go in the side of the yard that is lightly wooded and the electric fence is far enough away that she doesn't get any warnings there. I went and scoped it out, trampled down the light, crispy weeds and pulled away anything that might not be to her liking, like big sticks, fallen tree limbs, etc. This week, we begin her potty training.

If I am successful, I will suggest that the guy and gal upstairs also teach their dog to do the same, so we can enjoy our yard in our bare feet if we so choose, and we will never again have to upset the landlady or pick up nasty's that have been run over and smooshed into the ground.

So now the birdies have food and water. I looked all over for my missing suet cage but it's gone. A raccoon or something took it off the tree but left the handle. All it had inside was a stale piece of a hamburger bun. I will put it on my list of things to buy this month: 50 lb bag of Sunflower Seeds, bag of finch feed (although they eat the sunflowers too so maybe I'll wait on that til Spring) and a suet cage. I already have three suet cakes and was going to hang one on the front porch, but that can't be done now.

Well, this is why we have days off of work, right? To do the necessary things that await us at home. We never REALLY get many days off, considering all of this. Life itself is work. "Toil under the sun." I used to really love Ecclesiastes. It's been too long since I've read it. I'll put that on my list, too.

I hope you all have a lovely day.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #1165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good luck with the training! Glad you had a day off to get some house-hold 'stuff' done.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #1166
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
I thought I replied here yesterday? Hope the potty training goes well! Lucky birds! You're very sweet to take care of them so well. Hope your day off went well .
Old 11-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #1167
Big Yapper!

My day off went well, and I got today off, too! Due to the rain, they cancelled the therapy lessons. That shouldn't really make me happy, but it made my day. Went shopping instead. Took four hours and I spent nearly all I had to spend, but it wasn't frivolous spending. It was all necessary stuff.

Took Cissy out on the leash when I got back and after I fed her. Naturally she wasn't relaxed enough to accept the radical change in routine so we came back inside and I gave her a long rolled rawhide bone, which she is still going-to-town on. She likes those if she hasn't had one in a while.

After this, she will REALLY be ready to go, and it will be "mission accomplished."

Have a great night, ladies. Still need to put away all the stuff I bought.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #1168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

All right! That's such a 'bonus' an extra day off to do what you want! Handy to take the time & get all the necessities without the big rush too.
Hope you can get Cissy to do her business... Molly would never do that on a leash. She's very private about the whole thing.
Hope your lifestyle changes are becoming more of a natural way of life for you.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #1169
Big Yapper!

Back to work today. There was a little bit of an odd mix of snow and sleet drifting on an angle past my kitchen window right after I woke up. I was still so bleary-eyed I just squinted and tried to figure out what it was that I was actually seeing. I looked at the thermometer and saw it said 47 degrees (or maybe a little less than that. I forget now.) Anyway, it stopped and the sun is doing its best to come out and brighten our day.

I tried twice last night to get Cissy to go on the leash but she just wouldn't. So I gave it up for the time being and just put her out to go on her own. She wasn't going to be able to hold it all night and I wasn't going to be cleaning it up off the floor in the morning, iykwim. I put her out again loose this morning and she went to a place that she enjoys going in. Maybe if I keep it picked up, she'll just keep going there. For the winter, that will be fine. Actually, depending on the amount of snow we get, she'll just be going wherever I can manage to shovel her a "room".

I saw a snow blower (electric) for $200 when I was shopping yesterday. I don't really enjoy the power cord but in a way, they are much lighter, and way less trouble than the gas-powered ones. Quieter, cleaner, and less maintenance. I might consider it for next month. If I can put a little money aside this month and do the same for next month, maybe I can swing it. It's mainly for the dog's sake, but it will also help me to keep the sidewalks clean. Landlady is BIG on keeping the sidewalks shoveled and a path to the mailboxes for the mailman when he comes with a package. She once said she gets "nastygrams" if they have to trudge through snow.

If I'm going to use it to blow snow all the way out to the road, maybe the gas ones would be better. The only outside plugs are on the shed in the back yard. Maybe I should just use an old fashioned shovel and save my money.

Slept in my new PJ's last night. They are a top and bottom and the main color is slate blue and they have cute little penguins all over them. The top has a collar and buttons down the front and the pants have a drawstring. Comfy! I might go buy another pair.

Sister's pizza party is this Sunday. I am thankful I have the day off. Actually, that's why we're doing it on Sunday. Her birthday isn't actually until the 14th which is mid-week. She'll be 58. I wish she was in better health.

It's 1:50 so I need to start getting ready for work. I like to get there about 2:30, since the clocks were turned back and it gets dark earlier. Time has gotten away from me. Ttyl.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #1170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Uh oh... winter hitting you too!
Sounds like a good plan, if you can keep up on the dog-piles... to keep in one area. Maybe once the snow gets deep enough to shovel you'll be "into shoveling" for exercise? That is if it doesn't hurt your back... I can't do much of that sort of thing. Fortunately for me, the snow here is so dry you can "sweep" it.
So, your needing pj's is that because its getting colder or because you're not so 'hot' from meds? I finally started wearing my warmer nightie the other night... mainly because I just clued in that it would be warmer...
Hope you have a good day at work!