Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #1081
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
His mission is to get his mom a scarf! I hope he succeeds. I think you would have enjoyed my steaks, Tammy. They sure felt like they were going to be tender when I handled them raw. They seemed marbled and everything. I think marinating them would have made a big difference. I'm usually a Rib Eye or T-bone kinda girl. I had no idea what eye round steaks were going to be like. But they were marked down with those stickers so I had to go for it.

I hope you sleep better tonight. I hope I sleep better, too. Let's all sleep better tonight, shall we?

I hope the engine light is just an annoyance and not a sign of real trouble. I've heard so many people say their engine light was on most of the time but there was really nothing they could find wrong with it. Maybe it's just a glitch? I hope so. Put a piece of duct tape over the warning light so you can't see it all the time.

Last edited by CherylB; 10-21-2013 at 07:37 PM..
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #1082
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Sorry your steak didn't turn out like you wanted.
Glad your LC is going well. Primal's working out for me.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #1083
Big Yapper!

Yea! Glad for us both. Night, Deb.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #1084
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
I'm still up.....watching Arsenio Hall. I'm so tired and can't sleep! I hate that.
It's gonna be cold the rest of the week here! And they say snow is coming Wednesday!!! Aaaahhhhhh!!!!! Not yet! I hate snow!
Dh and I were just talking about Shawn and how we are going to have to really watch him when he comes home and keep him busy.
Well Bobby Brown is on.....gotta go!
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #1085
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The "S" word!!! Where do you live Tay?!!
Old 10-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #1086
Big Yapper!

She's in western Pennsylvania. Tammy, I haven't heard anything about snow for us yet and I hope if you get some that it stays south of us. I don't want this Fall to end at least until after Thanksgiving. I'm sorry you're having such trouble falling to sleep lately. Are you like me where you get anxious about having to wake early for some appointment (or in this case, to take care of and watch over Chloe while her Mom is at work)? That's why I dread and avoid at all costs making morning appointments for anything.

I will have to get the car down to the guy by 10 am tomorrow. I asked if I could bring it that late and he said he could bring smaller jobs into the shop to work on until I get there, but knowing me, I'll be wide awake before 6. These past few days I'm waking up and having trouble getting back to sleep. I'm not starting my day at 5:30, y'all.

Mr Fishy got fresh water and I cleaned his bowl and gravel well. It was a little bit over due. Poor little guy. But he's now acclimating to the new water temperature which I always try my best to make it the same as what he was already in. It was pretty dog gone cold so I went just a tad warmer. I wish they made a little warming plate to set gold fish bowls on. Maybe they do and I don't know it. I don't want to start sticking a tube heater into a round bowl and trying to keep it from floating around.

Ooh! Just thought of something. If I can find a small heating pad that doesn't have an automatic off mechanism, I can put it on the lowest setting, I can put the bowl on top of that with the pot holder in between. Sounds like it will jack my electric bill up quite a lot. Sorry, Mr Fishy! We'll figure something better out for you.

He's swimming again. Time to give him some blood worms. He loves those.

Woke super early again today. I think it's partially due to the increased road traffic. The morning commute. My house is close to the street and my bedroom is in the front of the house. Sort of sucks but it's a bright room and next to the brightest room in the house so I will keep my bedroom here. The room all the way in the back is right off the kitchen and faces North. Anyway, I got up to empty my bladder then went back to bed after a few sips of water and was able to sleep another 6 hours!

Got to change my ticker today. Be happy for me, but do it quietly please. I'm not making a big deal of weight loss this time around. I want to play it cool and keep it loose.

Have a wonderful day, ladies. I just heard we might get a shower today and more rain tomorrow. Better than snow, though!
Old 10-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #1087
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I live close to Pittsburgh, Pa. 25 minutes south of the city. They are calling for flurries Wed and Thurs. Already! Last year we didn't have flurries until November. Our leaves are pretty much gone off the trees too.
Took Chloe to school and she cried for me to stay. I just hate that. But when I walked in to pick her up they were sitting in the front room and she jumped up & ran to me. Thats a good feeling.
Took her to eat lunch with her mom, got her hair washed and came home for her nap. My dd gets done at 4:30 then I'm buying Chloe a coat. Mamaw (me) just spoils her! LOL
I saw you posted Cheryl. We had rain last night and this morning. It had stopped by the time we had to leave out.
I wake up because pain wakes me. Not anxiety or anything. I wish it were! I am no longer able to lay on my left side and when I roll over I'm awake 5 minutes later.
Aren't you afraid to fry your fish? LOL Not funny, but it is! I'd be afraid to try something like that.
BBL

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 10-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #1088
Big Yapper!

No, silly! That's why it would be on the lowest setting and there would be a pot holder between it and the bowl. Heat rises and all that jazz. When I bought the Betta they said they liked warm water, like tropical fish do. I just feel sorry for him, the way the water gets so cold at room temperature at this season of the year, and here comes winter. I'll think of something but it will be an energy-efficient and safe something.

I love how you love Chloe and Chloe loves you. It's just a love fest! Our leaves are peaking now too and when I look out the kitchen window, I see a lot of bare trees. Makes me sad. Should also make me get off my lazy duff and get ready for winter. I don't have to do much but I need to do some things.

I'm sorry for the pain on your left side. What's that from?

Have a great day, ladies.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #1089
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow Tay, that's so strange that it would get "s" already, when we haven't! Except on our mountains...
How come you're in pain? is that still from the surgery?

You're so clever Cheryl, good idea for poor fishy... Hope your last day at work goes well!
Old 10-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #1090
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debby, I have horrible bck and leg pain. It all started with a herniated disc in '99 and had to have surgery bc I couldn't walk. Now its a "domino effect". I have several discs that are bad and nerve damage that causes all the leg pain. It's getting worse, hence no longer can lay on my left side. Thats the short version of the story. I've had hundreds of steroid injections and many many procedures done. I've had a total of 3 back surgeries done.
Thats why I struggle with my weight. Very hard to lose weight when you can't exercise and keep getting steroid injections.
Cheryl, like I said above, the pain on my left side is from the nerves in my hip and leg.
I was joking about frying your fish! LOL But I'd be scared! hahahaha
I went shopping this evening and got Chloe a winter coat, hat gloves and a scarf. She tried on the coat she picked out and said "I love it!" LOL Its purple with pink in the hood and inside. Got her soft pink gloves and all. She's set now! I got a deal on the coat. It was a $55 coat and got it for $35! It's so thick and it'll keep her warm. Now just gotta get her a snow suit and snow boots. But there's time for that.
I'm getting t-shirts made for us to wear when Shawn comes home. On the front mine will say "Proud Army Mom" and on the back I'm getting the Infantry insignia with our last name above it and below it will say Afghan War Vet May - ? 2013.
Well, have a good night! ttyt!
Old 10-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #1091
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry you've got so many injuries. I hope some day there will be a cure for those spinal injuries. They sure can do amazing things now a days.
The jacket sounds like it was made for my Ashley! She LOVES purple!
I'm getting sleepy now... way past my bedtime!
Hope you easterners are 'sound' asleep!
Old 10-22-2013, 11:43 PM   #1092
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Sounds like a plan Cheryl ! ttyl ! Sleep well !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #1093
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hope you had a nice day at the mall and enjoyed lunch!! You're doing great (she says quietly ). Yes, I'm w. you, ribeye or t-bone please, round steaks make good stew .

I'm doing fine, plugging away here in AZ. Enjoying my weather.

Tay-snow? Wow!! Early!! Hang in there, hope hcg is treating you well!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #1094
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I slept soooo late today! I woke up at 8, but went back to sleep and slept til 2! I haven't done that in a very very long time!!! Chloe and my dd slept too. Chloe was awake this morning for a while though. My dd made her breakfast and then they went back to sleep. I feel like I can sleep more.
Tomorrow I go to the dentist to see what all needs to be done and see when this other wisdom tooth can be taken out. Probably really soon. I don't want it to start hurting before it gets extracted. And I know I need one filling. Then get a good cleaning and see what to do about my chipped tooth. Hope that doesn't cost a whole lot bc I'm trying to get my surgery paid for!
Today a couple packages came for Shawn. It was the clothes he told me he was ordering. He got tshirts and a pr of sweats. They're nice clothes. The tshirts are heavy and the sweat pants are nice. They'll last a long time for him.
Shawn will be moving soon.....in about a week. His friend said he got moved already and its a better place. Thats a nice thing to hear. Must be another company taking over where they are now. He's going to Gardez. Its bigger and nicer place. I have to go! I'll bbl to finish!
Old 10-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #1095
Big Yapper!

Where the heck is my post? I wrote one for my journal today when I was at the book store, waiting for my car to be repaired. Oh well. Chloe's coat sounds so pretty. Pics please!

Sorry for all your discomfort, Tammy. I wasn't sure if the left side-lying was chronic pain or more acute. I wish you had relief from pain at least while lying down. I find it helps sometimes to put a pillow between my knees. I'm sure you've tried all those things a thousand times.

Julie, your weather must be simply beautiful right now. Perfect for your hike this weekend. I hope the post I put on your journal from the book store is there. If I wrote all those things for nothing I'm going to go loony tunes!

Oh, man! You still have all that dental stuff to take care of? I am so sorry. I have dental issues but no insurance so they are just going to wait until they can't wait any longer. It's just the way it is. Thankfully it's nothing to do with the teeth you can see when talking or smiling.

Sounds like Shawn got himself some nice new clothes! Can't wait to hear when he's finally home. Don't know how you can stand the waiting, knowing it will be soon.

I'm going to post this and find the best way to tell you about my day, since my post I wrote when at the book store is nowhere to be seen. I hope I can find another one on the horse thread or something that I can just copy to put here. I don't want to keep telling this story. It's not over yet!
Old 10-23-2013, 04:24 PM   #1096
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lost in cyber-space!

Glad you're home, looking forward to hearing how it turned out.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #1097
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Cheryl, I'm so sorry things didn't go so well with the steering. (I just read on the horsey thread) Hope it gets done in the hour he predicts tomorrow... amazing how hard it is to drive without 'power' steering huh?!

Day off tomorrow?
Old 10-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #1098
Big Yapper!

Okay. So, the abbreviated version. I got there before 10 am and left the car which was supposed to take 4 hours to fix, then I walked about 1/2 mile down the road with my laptop and purse to the Barnes and Noble bookstore, to their café. I was on their free Wi-Fi and monkeying around (mostly on LCF) until 11 and then I walked across the parking lot to Chili's to have lunch.

They didn't have Wi-Fi so I walked back over to the book store (but with laptop freshly charged while at Chili's) and went back to trying to fill the hours. About 4.5 hours into it I called to see what the progress was. He said it was on the lift getting the front end alignment done and it would take another half hour.

I packed up my stuff and went outside cause I was just getting crazy antsy and had to move around. I waited outside and talked to my sister and mother to tell them what was going on, then even being outside wasn't good enough. I got off the phone and decided to walk back up there and not wait for the ride. As I was walking I called them to tell them not to send a car for me.

That's when I was told that the power steering motor was also fried and they hadn't known that. He didn't have a new one to install. I said I'm walking back and we can talk about it when I get there. He said he had a used one just like mine that he'd just install for me for no additional charge and that was going to take another (I forget how long he said.)

That took a long time too and then he said that the new used one was worse than the one I had and he had to order a brand new one. So I asked him if I should sleep there (it was almost 5) and he said that he could get the part and install it tomorrow. He said something that made me think he was giving me a loaner car, and I was relieved. Then I found out I was going to drive my own car home. They said the steering was "tight."

Well, it was back to the stone age before power steering was invented. It was "tight" even when driving down the road. Before it was just when turning into parking lots or parking spaces. I pulled over and called him, worried that it needed steering fluid or something. He said it was full, everything was fine, just go straight home and come straight back in the morning.

So, that's what I'm doing. I don't know what the total bill will be but when it's over, it will feel like I have a brand new car (in comparison.) LONG tiring day and I am now going to bed. Poor Cissy was home for all that time; about 8 hours from start to finish. I'm going to do my best to fall asleep early and get up and get this dog gone thing over with tomorrow. He said it will take only an hour. I will just stay at the shop and wait and I won't be packing my computer.

Ttyt! Thanks for checking in with me to see how it went. Sorry my earlier post never made it to the journal.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #1099
Big Yapper!

Deb, just missed you. My "abbreviated version" is above. Yes, I'm off tomorrow. I have to freeze all that meat I bought the other day and I have yet to find the time or ambition. Tomorrow has to be the day. Night night!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #1100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the detailed update Cheryl,
So sorry you had such an exhausting day. Hope you & Cissy have a good night's sleep. Be blessed!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #1101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi! I'm baaaack! I'll send ya a pic cheryl. You know I can't do it. I have a stupid phone! LOL
She'll be wearing her coat and everything tomorrow. It's going to be cold and snowing.
Sorry about your car! I have a feeling my car is going to cost an arm and a leg to fix.
well, ttys. Hopefully you're sleeping.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #1102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

for your car repairs & bill to be low! Have a great day too!
Old 10-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #1103
Big Yapper!

Thanks ladies. I'm there now. Shouldn't be too much longer. Will hit local grocery store and then go home and freeze all that meat up. I'll use the food saver machine to make them all air-tight. Ttyl.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #1104
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Sorry for the car hassle…but glad it's almost done and you'll be safe and able to drive well soon!! Hang in there!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #1105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah for you! Hope its soon.. That will be fun freeze-wrapping the meat... on with a new project.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #1106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope it didn't cost too much!
Guess what?! Shawns company is starting to come home! The first group that went a month before him came home today!!!! Super excited!
Went to the dentist.....didn't turn out so great. Soooo many problems! FOUR root canals he wants to do! And I need some extensive things done. Just might get them all pulled. I'm waiting for the call with the cost of it all and see if I want to gamble with the root canals. They might not even work!
Waiting for Cheryl to say how HER day went.
BBL
Old 10-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #1107
Big Yapper!

OMG, Tammy! Four root canals?? And I had planned to sign on here and complain about MY life! In comparison, I have little to carp about.

$880 for everything, which is still a real bargain considering they did a new rack and pinion, new tie rod end on one wheel, new power steering motor and all the labor. And they tried to give me a used power steering motor at no charge but it wasn't working. I will go back to him in the future; for new tires, tune ups, whatever. He's a real stand-up guy. And although I thought he was giving me a great deal because of my nephew, through talking with the other clients, he's cheap with everyone. One woman said "The labor charges are always less than the cost of the parts."

Landlady, her hubby and her adult son were here tonight working for about 1.5 hours on trying to drill out an ancient screw head from a shower diverter pipe so we could put the new knob I bought on there. It wasn't working. They were patient. They got it part way done and then they went to the auto parts place to buy some hard-core epoxy stuff. They glued the new metal cube thingy in place and now we have to wait until tomorrow morning before I try to turn the knob. I can wait.

Now I can truly relax for the first time since Tuesday night. I feel like I need to go to work to get some rest. I know I'm sounding foolish but it's fun to say. I drove to my Mom's to get her bowl-a-thon donation money and also got $40 loan. Somehow, I went through about 1/4 tank of gas just at the mechanic's place. Don't know if they let it run the whole time they were working on it or what, but the gas was used up and I have no other explanation.

Cooked a turkey tonight, and then I split a butternut squash and cooked that on a cookie sheet. I had one heck of a nice dinner. I didn't want to but I got all the meat off the turkey carcass and I put the carcass in a bag and tossed it in the fridge. I will make a homemade stock soon. I put all the drippings and all the meat (both my meat and for the dog) in separate containers and it will be ready for my next meal.

I did not get to vacuum sealing the other meat items I bought. Please Lord, give me another day or two to get that done.

I got $40 in donations for the bowl-a-thon and even went across the street to the fire department to ask for money. I didn't realize it, but nobody is there unless it's Monday night or there is a fire. My bad. I gave the brochure to the 70 year old dude that was just leaving the parking lot and he said he'd put it on the board, but it sounded like it would be lost in amongst all the other things. I will go back on another day when there are more people. I told him that HE could donate and it didn't have to be from the whole volunteer fire department but he just deflected and said he'd put it on the board. I mean, they ask us at the grocery store check-out sometimes if we want to donate a dollar to the fire department. I wish we could get a deal like that with one of the grocery stores! I wonder what that would take.

So, I put my horse thread "journal" in my siggy cause I realize I post there more than I post here these days. I feel redundant posting in both places so if you find I'm not on this thread much, come over to the horsey world and track me there, okay? It's more fun over there, anyway.

Sleep tight. My head is tilted over to the right side, almost far enough to be resting on my shoulder. I'm wasted, y'all. Just depleted of all things energy. Thank God the turkey and butternut squash were super easy to cook. Very little prep and just a matter of waiting for them to cook. Turkey browned up beautifully with no basting and almost an hour ahead of when I anticipated it to be done. The internal timer thing popped out and I didn't know what to do! Should I pull it out? How could it be done so soon? I left it in for another 15 minutes then decided to take it out, tent it with foil and let it set. YUMMO.

I'm not big on turkey. Once a year is good for me, but this bird was in the freezer for a year and I know that stuff doesn't stay good forever. I will make casseroles and stuff with the leftovers.

Goodnight, ladies. Hugs and kisses! Sleep tight. Tammy, so glad to hear some of Shawn's company are coming home. It won't be long now! Don't forget to breathe.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #1108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
$880 for everything, which is still a real bargain considering they did a new rack and pinion, new tie rod end on one wheel, new power steering motor and all the labor. And they tried to give me a used power steering motor at no charge but it wasn't working. I will go back to him in the future; for new tires, tune ups, whatever. He's a real stand-up guy. And although I thought he was giving me a great deal because of my nephew, through talking with the other clients, he's cheap with everyone. One woman said "The labor charges are always less than the cost of the parts."

I did not get to vacuum sealing the other meat items I bought. Please Lord, give me another day or two to get that done.

Goodnight, ladies. Hugs and kisses! Sleep tight.
That's a great find, a good mechanic.
Busy day. Glad your turkey turned out.
I will keep an eye on the other thread... Have a great sleep!
Old 10-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #1109
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Debby. You too, sweetie. I'll try to keep up with both threads but sometimes I see that I'm leaning more heavily toward the other. I'm still hoping that your hubby gets a good kill.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:10 AM   #1110
Big Yapper!

Back to work today and then tomorrow afternoon is the bowl-a-thon. Some week! But the car is up and running and now I have to make it through til next Wednesday when I get paid from the farm again. Money is TIGHT.

My hair needs cutting again. Since I wasn't pleased with the way the woman cut it, I may go back to cutting it myself. At least then I can get what I want. It doesn't always come out great but paying someone else to do it for you is no guarantee either.

I have stuff to do before work so I need to get off the computer. Bbl. Have a lovely day, ladies.