Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #1051
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Debby, the guy I'm taking the car to is going to do it for so much less money and in 2 hours less time! I owe my nephew big time. It's supposed to take 4 hours. Just enough time to grab a meal and then catch that movie.

Thanks, Julie! to you both.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #1052
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Cheryl, I'm so glad about your car! God bless your nephew!
pendragginp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #1053
Big Yapper!

Amen! I texted him to tell him the latest and he texted me back. He never texts. I wrote back: "You texted!!!!" He wrote back: "Feel privileged." I said "I do!" I told him I owed him big time. He said "No problem." Thank God we aren't all destitute in this clan. But he literally earned every dollar he's made the hard way.

I'm making the same dinner tonight that I made last night. I had some pork chops that I had fished out of the Aldi's dumpster last December. Remember when I was pre-job and dumpster diving? That one day I got so lucky at Aldi's was the only day I found good stuff. So going after a holiday is the ticket. Anyway, that's when I got those chops and I had shrink wrapped and froze them that same night. They are yummy.

I found a recipe and cooked them using that but they are large but thin and tonight I'm baking them for 30 minutes less. You season them as you wish, wrap them in foil pouches so no air gets out, then bake on a sheet at 350 degrees for 2 hours. So tonight I seasoned them exactly the same but am cooking them for 1.5 hours.

They actually browned well in the foil but there was little if any moisture left in them. They were very good, just a little overcooked. I hope tonight they are perfect. I also made that cream cheese and mustard "dip" or sauce to go with them, that I used in the past on pork tenderloin roast. OMG. Yummo!

I have more space in my freezer now than I've had in many months. I took a small turkey out to defrost in the refrigerator, too. That will take days. I think I'll buy those bags to cook it in so you don't have to baste it and it will get browned.

The chops will be done at 8pm. I will let you know if they came out better with less cooking time! Wish me luck.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #1054
Big Yapper!

OH! Forgot to say how I seasoned them. Salt, pepper on both sides, then rosemary and brown mustard. Also on both sides and rubbed all around so it covers all of it. They have small bones and they are very good chops. Such a shame to find things like that literally in the garbage. Think of all the wasted food in this country! It boggles the mind.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #1055
Big Yapper!

And OMG; the smell that wafts through the house for all the time they're cooking?!
Old 10-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #1056
Big Yapper!

The Verdict: I got this pork chop thing DOWN! I'm writing down the recipe so I can always refer back to it. Pork chops have always been difficult for me to cook well. So easy and satisfying.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #1057
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
So glad you enjoyed your pork chop... I love pork chops! I just BBQ mine though...

4 hours. That's not too bad... movie & lunch...
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #1058
Big Yapper!

Yep! I'm very happy with how things are going. I can sleep late tomorrow and maybe even get to change my ticker!
Old 10-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #1059
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/? 5'2"
WOE: who knows ?
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
hope they fix the car and you get to enjoy your lunch and movie !
Pork chops sound great.... I have some in freezer I need to cook too. Hmmmmm......

Enjoy your fall day !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #1060
Big Yapper!

And change my ticker I did! That little birdie is going to peck his way all the way to 135, although I know after Fall is over, I'll switch back over to the Ticker Factory. I like their tickers better but they didn't have a good Fall background so I went with Lily Slim.

I don't know where people get those bowling ball "tickers" to show how many lbs they've lost. I love those but when I google, nothing comes up. I guess tickers with a row of bags of dog food or bird seed or sacks of potatoes would also work. I can get creative with it, if only I knew how to do one. But that will come later, when I have a good chunk of this weight off my body.

It's a little nippy today. Only 61 degrees and breezy. I had a few windows open but it got too cold so I closed all but one of them so I could still hear the little birdies that are chirping happily by my bedroom window. They are happy because they have a bird bath/waterer that is hanging on the front porch and right beside that, they have a feeder full of black sunflower seeds. I'd be happily chirping too!

Cissy's all soft and clean after being groomed yesterday. Later on, I found a tick on her cheek, of all places. This dog has skin tags and bumps of various kinds (as do I) but this one was something new. Pulled it off and put some Neosporin on the bite mark. That seems to help it heal up fast. So after I put her out to go potty this morning, I had her go into the bathroom where I could go over her whole body with my hands to see if I could knock off any ticks she might have picked up in the yard. Either I didn't do it well or she didn't have one this time. I have a light colored tile in the bathroom so if one fell, I'd have seen it immediately.

In a few days, I can apply her tick meds. My sister Donna said she heard that their body oils need to rebound after having a bath before you apply the tick oil. It helps with the absorption into the skin. I'll do whatever I have to do to combat these ticks. We must be having a horrible year for them.

I've never found a tick on my own body in all my life. That doesn't mean I never had one, just that I never discovered one. You'd think you'd feel it but many people don't. I hope I never had one. I know I've never had a bulls eye rash so thank you Lord for that!

I guess I'll be eating cheeseburgers tonight. Pork chops are history. They were good but there's a lot of sodium in that meal. I salt both sides of each chop (there were 3 in each frozen package I made) and then whatever sodium there is in mustard and cream cheese. The burgers have been in the fridge for a while. If they smell like they've gone bad when I go to grill them, I'll have to resort to bacon and eggs.

Have a great day and evening, ladies. Off to work soon.

Last edited by CherylB; 10-19-2013 at 11:24 AM..
Old 10-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #1061
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
LOVE your new pic Cheryl! You look wonderful!

I do like to read the reports of your days. It was very cool here today; only 42 for a high, and it's 37 now. But it smelled and looked like October in spite of the extra coolness, and that huge orange moon hanging in the sky when I drove home tonight was magical.
pendragginp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #1062
Big Yapper!

Thank you, Plum! I forget where you live. The "UP"? Did I remember that right? Wow, girl. That's chilly. We were 61 today and I know it's going to be nippy tonight so I made sure all windows and extra stall doors were closed before I left for the night.

The picture I took today was for my sister Robin who is the eldest sister. At my Mom's birthday dinner last Sunday, she said she'd really enjoy seeing a picture of my face with one of the horses' heads over my shoulder. I composed it for her and took two pics. This was by far the better of the two. I set the camera on a shelf and pointed it where I thought it would take a picture that had both of us in it, then used the timer. When I got home, all I did was crop it. I love it!

Work went well today. We put the mini's in the area where there is lush grass for 1.5 hours and they got to munch-out. Later on when the volunteer had gone home and I had finished picking through the stalls and topping off waters, I went into the mini's area and just sat down on the ground. I wanted to just do something different and it was so cool. Candy (the brown mini horse) was the one who was the most interested in approaching me and we definitely had a good bonding experience. I was patient with her and just let her approach me inch by inch and in the end, she allowed me to scratch her forehead and down her muzzle. But before that happened, she used my boot to scratch her nose on. She scratched for a full minute! It was cool. But when I got up to leave, I realized I had sat in a blob of pine tree sap.

Ellen grazed freely all the time we were there and she never once went too far away. It was a really good day. After work when I went to the grocery store, I bought her another pumpkin. I her.

I totally SCORED on some great deals on meat at the store. I spent around $80 but it must have been about $120 before all the coupons that they stuck on each package to mark them down due to their "sell by" date. Tomorrow I will vacuum seal most of it and fill my freezer up. It will literally fill it up, too. I'll be eating off that food for an entire month with a smile on my face. It definitely helps to pray before you go shopping because I never find that many good things marked down at the time of day.

So, that's my story! Have a great night. I have to start unwinding so I can sleep. Be well.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #1063
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the good stories & lovely picture!
What a good day!
Old 10-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #1064
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
I really like your pic! Sooo nice!
Just a few lines as I'm going to get me some coffee and then head out to the store. Need some yogurt, cottage cheese and ff hot dogs. I'm up .3 today bc I ate too much yesterday out of boredom! I have to stay busy so I can stick to this diet. My dd and Chloe went to church so I don't have to take Chloe with me. When she sees me putting on my shoes she says "I comin?" LOL How can I say no? hahaha Steelers play the Ravens at 4:30 so I better get going.
ttys! Have a good day!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #1065
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
on the score at the store! And love the pic too!! Sounds like things are going well with you!! I'm so glad!! keep on keeping on!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #1066
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, what a great find on all that meat ! Wow ! That's great You will be eating good all month.....

I love the new pic too..... you look so "at peace" and happy

Have a wonderful Sunday !
Old 10-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #1067
Big Yapper!

Thanks, everyone. I love it, too. I had to take a few and there were a few "oops's" before I finally got that one so I'm happy to get one really good one. All I did with this one was crop it. I'll post the other one too so you can see it as well. Actually, I'll do like I did on the horse thread and attach them both so you can see them much larger than you can in the Avi. Some like the second pic (which was actually the first pic) cause of the stall door being closed and Daphne not wearing a halter but it wasn't framed right at all.

Have a wonderful day, ladies. Tammy, I don't know if I would be able to tell Chloe "no" either. They grow up so fast.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (44.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (35.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 10-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #1068
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, my package has like 9 pork chops i think. Do you think I would still cook them for 1 1/2 hours ? Would I make several "pouches" or just one big one ?
Old 10-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #1069
Big Yapper!

Each chop gets their own individual pouch. I live alone so I had frozen three chops in each batch and just cooked the three I had defrosted. I would cook as many as you think you and hubby might eat in one or two meals and cook the others on another day. With 9, you'll need a few pans and you'll need to put them on several oven racks and then I couldn't tell you how long it will take to cook them or how they'll turn out.

How thick are they? I put them in a single layer on one pan in the center of the oven.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #1070
Blabbermouth!!!

No they aren't too terribly thick. I could probably use my 1/2 sheet pan ( really big ) and may be able to get them all on there ~ or most of them. Shoot, girl, we can eat 3 each at one sitting !! lol ! I love them.......
Old 10-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #1071
Big Yapper!

Well I think you're really going to love them cooked this way. It is a lot of aluminum foil but it makes clean-up that much easier too. Let me know how they came out!
Old 10-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #1072
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, shoot, I went out to freezer and there aren't any !! I guess we cooked the last package and I didn't notice ;/ Bummer.......

I will get some and may have to make them on next days off. Thanks for the recipe !
Old 10-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #1073
Big Yapper!

BUMMER! Hurry to the store and get you some soon! I'd laugh but this isn't funny!
Old 10-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #1074
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can't get to sleep and I'm so tired. I'll have Chloe at 8 a.m. too. My dd's schedule has changed again for Mondays. Now she's working 8-3 since they hired a new girl. She works just one night a week now and thats her short day, 3-8 on wednesday. They close at 8 pm.
Spent most of today just relaxing. Chloe wasn't home til 9. The Steelers won against the Baltimore Ravens! Yayyyy! The Ravens aren't as good as they were last year. But it was just a 3 point difference at the very end. It was one of those games that had me sitting up the whole time. Love a good game!
I keep yawning so hopefully I'll fall asleep soon.
ttys!
Old 10-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #1075
Big Yapper!

That sucks about your dd's schedule being cut. Did you really say that she has just one shift or only one night shift? Sorry you had a lousy time falling asleep. I got to sleep but was awakened at around 0500 by the lady who lives upstairs, going up and down her staircase which happens to be right behind my bedroom wall. Normally I don't notice her at that hour as she's getting ready to leave for work but today I did.

I made the mistake of taking one Benadryl in the effort of getting back to sleep but now I don't want to wake up and it's after 1! I have a staff meeting at 2:30 then I work my normal shift. The manager is off today so she will be the team captain and I can focus on my chores without interruption. I hope.

No good scale news to report today due to the sleep deprivation. Tomorrow I will lose again. Pretty sure about that.

Landlady came to mow and I knew she was coming. I set my alarm for 11 but kept hitting the snooze. Finally I changed the alarm to 1 pm. Oops! She has already mowed and left. It will be easier to find the poops now. Hope she wasn't upset to see them as she mowed around. Most of the yard is covered in so many fallen leaves that it's tough to see Cissy's poops anyway, since she walks as she goes. Much easier to find a pile than a trail.

I'm making a pot of coffee. I hope it wakes me up or I'm in for a rough afternoon. Have a good day, everyone. Tammy, hope you can catch a nap. Glad the game was exciting and the outcome was what you wanted.

Last edited by CherylB; 10-21-2013 at 10:16 AM..
Old 10-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #1076
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My dd just has one night shift now. She likes it, and I hate mornings.
My dd's friends dh came back from afghanistan today. Not fair! He left after my son and is back before him. :/ He's a Marine though. Glad he's home anyways.
I'll bbl. I need to text my dd before she leaves work.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #1077
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's nice that you DD has only one night-shift & the rest day-shift, since she likes them. Maybe one day she can get rid of the night shift. Are you feeling stronger now? getting over your surgery well now?

Sorry you're so tired Cheryl... I feel that way right now too...I need to go exercise!
Old 10-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #1078
Big Yapper!

Back from working and grilling two small eye round steaks that I bought the other day. They seem like they will be very tender, so long as I don't over-cook them. Tammy, I hate mornings too. And I agree that it's not right that the guy who left later came home sooner but like you said, different branch of the military and who knows what sort of combat he's been involved in. Just glad for anyone who gets to come back home.

Steaks off the grill now and settling for about 8 minutes to rest. I hope I am wrong but they feel a little firm, which means I cooked them too long. I like steak medium-rare. Oh well. It will taste good anyway.

Long busy day at work but things went smoothly. Have a great night, everyone. Bbl, maybe. It's kind of late and I don't know if I am in the mood for a lot of typing. Tomorrow is my Friday, then I go take the car to the "Dr" on Wednesday morning. That will be day #6 of activity. I need days to do nothing more often than that. Thursday I can rest, God willing!
Old 10-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #1079
Big Yapper!

Steaks: Ho hum. Need to marinate them for an hour or two and cook for half as long.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #1080
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had the best steak the other day at AppleBee's. OMG! It was so tender and flavor was out of this world! I like my steaks med-well. Just a hint of pink in the middle. Mmmm! I'm salivating right now! LOL Might have to go have me one tomorrow after picking up Chloe from her preschool.
I can't wait for the day when I can sleep in! Not doing that much these last couple of years. I use to be like you and sleep til noon. The good ole days! hahaha
We have to take my car to the dr friday. The stupid engine light is on! UGH! Thats atleast $50 off the bat to hook it up to the diagnostic machine.
I'm watching the voice right now. Love this show. I'm so tired I keep closing my eyes. I was up at 3:30 a.m. til 5, then up at 8 with Chloe. I can't sleep well. I think of Shawn so much. When he's home I'll sleep so much better. I haven't heard from him in a few days so he's probably on a mission. Hope he's working on getting me an Afghani scarf.
Welp! Time to get some rest! Good night!