LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #1021
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Have fun at the pizza party!
Oh, googled about the hHCG and its ok for me to use it (they say 6-8 weeks), but don't know if it'll work bc I don't have any of my "parts" now. Everything I found is about hrt with estrogen and progestin and I just use straight estrogen. I guess I just have to see for myself if it will work.
TTYL! Go get that card! LOL
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #1022
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I don't see why it would be affected in any way by your "condition." You're still a woman, woman. It works on men so, case closed.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #1023
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
mom! have a wonderful time today!! Hope it's another beautiful one. Excited for you tomorrow!! Let's get this party started!! go girl! You can do this!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:02 AM   #1024
Big Yapper!

Old 10-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #1025
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ya know, thats right. Men do take it too. LOL Since I'm eating about 1200 calories now, going to around 800 isn't too big of a drop. I haven't just eaten 500 since my very first round. Thats when I got sick with low blood pressure and had that weird experience with it. So, I think I'm going to go forward with it.
The Steelers won! The first win they've had. That made my day! LOL
Well, bbl. Happy Birthday to ur mom!
Old 10-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #1026
Big Yapper!

Glad your Steelers won! Mom's Patriots lost but she had so much fun at her dinner out with us that she didn't take it too hard. We had lots of fun. The food was good, lots of good conversation and it was a nice place in general. I'm sure we'll go there again sometime.

I am going to relax now for the rest of my night. Tomorrow I straighten up and fly right. I went through my pantry and got five full bags of food and donated it to the local food pantry. I stopped at the grocery store after dinner and got rid of it all. Now I have lots of room for healthier things.

Night, ladies.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #1027
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Good for you! I'm so glad your Mom's birthday was special for you all. So good when everything goes well!
Wow, that's a big, generous step, cleaning out your cupboards! Good for you! I've never done that. Always had a normal eater here to feed the other stuff. What a blessing to someone in need.
Have a good evening & rest.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:11 AM   #1028
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Glad your Mom had a great party !! Neat that you donated all that food You go girl !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:54 PM   #1029
Big Yapper!

I'm running so far behind on LCF today and all things internet. Work was a zoo. You'd have thought it was a full moon or something. Mini's were going crazy (Domenic terrorizing the mini horses and trying to mount them), one of the volunteers was in tears cause of the director and I speaking to her for several different things (I ended up hugging and consoling her and telling her I was sorry and giving her encouragement).

Three of the riders didn't show up for the 4 o'clock lesson (they must have thought it was not going on for Columbus Day?) and the horses who were all tacked, ready and waiting in the arena had to be taken back to the barn to get "undressed."

One of the riders that DID show up had a complete and utter melt down where she was practically dragged to the car by her mother and then as she was pulling out to drive out of the parking lot, the girl kept taking her seat belt off. Then she bolted out of the car and ran down to the street! What a f'd up day.

The good news is I got a raise! I didn't see that coming. The director said they wanted to show me how much they appreciated me and valued all that I do for them. I make a dollar more than I did before. Tickled pink.

I'm on-plan! Actually, all I had so far today was a coffee with cream and ez sweetz so I will be grilling a couple cheeseburgers in a bit. I have some baby dills which I like to eat with the burgers when not having a bun and they will go nice with them.

Will weigh in the morning and change my ticker if I can. Have a lovely evening, ladies.

Last edited by CherylB; 10-14-2013 at 06:00 PM..
Old 10-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #1030
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Cheryl, a raise!! You SO deserve it!

That does sound like a nutsy day! How old was the girl with the tantrum? I have to say, that is not a patient area for me -

Good luck on starting LC! Yaaay, you can do it!
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #1031
Big Yapper!

I guess she's around 6 or so. I don't really know. Autism. Both her and her sister. It's terrible and I feel so horrible for any parent who has to learn to live and relate to children who can barely be reached. Makes me thankful that I was "sterile." I think of how my life could have turned out if I had managed to have a child or two and think I like things just the way they turned out.

Yep! LC lifestyle underway. Will see if I can reach each of my goals on the timetable I set. I don't see any reason why I won't be able to. Thanks for coming along for the ride.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #1032
Big Yapper!!!!

Glad LC is going well!! And woohoo on the raise!!! So happy for you!! Recognition and money? yay!!

You're off to a great start!! WTG!
Old 10-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #1033
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

On the raise! How awesome is that!?!
Glad you're happy with your first LC day. Hope it goes really well for you.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:24 PM   #1034
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Autism? Oh, poor child. Both of them. And the family. I wonder why there's so much more of that around now?
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #1035
Big Yapper!

Thanks, my dear friends!

I think it is such a devastating thing, all these children with autism and other disorders. I used to think it was linked to all the toys that were made in China that they discovered had lead-based paint on them, but haven't heard anyone but me with such a theory. The latest thing I heard is that they suspect that having an "induced labor" increases the chances of autism to develop. That might make sense, too. People induce labor way too often. Let the baby come out when it feels ready, you know? My mom said I was induced, too. That might explain some things.

Back to work today. I hope it's a much better day. There is a different instructor so maybe it will be. Not that there was anything wrong with the other one, just different. I need different but only if it means "better."

Taking my car to my sister's town tomorrow morning to be checked out. I feel like I'm wasting my time but I have to get a second opinion about the power steering issue. If I wait and it only gets worse, I'm totally screwed. And with winter on the way, better to resolve issues during the milder months.

I'll check back here after work. I hope you all have a lovely day.

Last edited by CherylB; 10-15-2013 at 10:07 AM..
Old 10-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #1036
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
Autism? Oh, poor child. Both of them. And the family. I wonder why there's so much more of that around now?
I often wonder this myself. I've been convinced it's the vaccines combined with so man GMOs in our food. I wonder if the numbers in Europe and other countries are as high as here? It really is incredibly common now...

Hope work goes well and you feel good!! Hope another mechanic can find a way to fix it inexpensively.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #1037
Big Yapper!

Didn't post here yesterday but did post on the horsey thread. It was another bad day at work. B.A.D. EVERYONE knows I'm at my wit's end with these volunteers. People are asking me if I'm okay. All I can tell them (the volunteers) is that I'm very tired. But the tiredness comes from frustration and the extra work and headaches of having inept volunteers who have no business being there in that capacity. And to quote a very wise man named Forrest Gump, "And that's all I have to say about that."

Speaking of good old Forrest, that movie is now on Netflix! Think I'll watch it later today. I went to the mechanic and my second opinion was much better. The first guy said that it was leaking in three places. This mechanic said it was the whole rack and pinion steering mechanism. Did the other guy think I couldn't handle the big words? Anyway, he quoted me a price of $925 for the entire job which he said will take 6 hours. Also included in that price is a $40 tie rod end replacement on one of the tires cause it's rotted out.

So I texted my very busy and entrepreneurial nephew and asked him if he could loan me the money. I said I could pay him back at $100/month with interest. We shall now wait and see what he says. Please pray that he can do it and is willing to do it for me.

Diet is going fine. After the mechanic, I drove up to see my sister who lives about 2 or 3 miles from there and we lazed around and talked, half dozing. I would have preferred to just doze but she kept talking and asking me questions. I ended up explaining all that I've been experiencing at the farm and she said that she wouldn't be able to take it either. So then she said she needed to go take a shower and head to pick up our great-nephew (son of the nephew I'm trying to squeeze money out of) and then go for a chiropractor visit for her foot.

I'm sleepy and plan on taking a nap. On the way home, I stopped at a grocery store in my sister's more affluent town with the intention of buying a rotisserie chicken but the skin looked undercooked and it said "bbq flavor." I opted for some tender roast beef and some kraut and kielbasa slices. I ate the roast beef as I drove home and Cissy was whining the whole time. Sorry! This is MINE! It was good, too. I think I'll buy a roast and cook it up this week.

I'm down about 0.4 more today but being that I woke up so early, I think it would have been more if I'd slept my usual amount and weighed in around 11 am. Tomorrow I should see a better number. I'm happy with whatever downward number I get, though. I really am. Down is good. It beats up and STS!

Also on the way home, I stopped at Advanced Auto to buy more power steering fluid because the steering is almost impossible today. I found some stuff that was $11/bottle but it looks like one of those "liquid plumber" type bottles with the two chambers. It's supposed to be a very effective leak stopper. I hope I hope I hope. I went to do it in the parking lot but remembered where the cap was located and decided I should wait for the engine to be cold. I will surely burn my hand.

So that's my day in a nutshell. I'm going nowhere else and I'm staying in my PJ's. Time to throw my clothes in the dryer. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Last edited by CherylB; 10-16-2013 at 11:29 AM..
Old 10-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #1038
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Didn't post here yesterday but did post on the horsey thread. It was another bad day at work. B.A.D. EVERYONE knows I'm at my wit's end with these volunteers. People are asking me if I'm okay. All I can tell them (the volunteers) is that I'm very tired. But the tiredness comes from frustration and the extra work and headaches of having inept volunteers who have no business being there in that capacity. And to quote a very wise man named Forrest Gump, "And that's all I have to say about that."

Speaking of good old Forrest, that movie is now on Netflix! Think I'll watch it later today. I went to the mechanic and my second opinion was much better. The first guy said that it was leaking in three places. This mechanic said it was the whole rack and pinion steering mechanism. Did the other guy think I couldn't handle the big words? Anyway, he quoted me a price of $925 for the entire job which he said will take 6 hours. Also included in that price is a $40 tie rod end replacement on one of the tires cause it's rotted out.

So I texted my very busy and entrepreneurial nephew and asked him if he could loan me the money. I said I could pay him back at $100/month with interest. We shall now wait and see what he says. Please pray that he can do it and is willing to do it for me.

Diet is going fine. After the mechanic, I drove up to see my sister who lives about 2 or 3 miles from there and we lazed around and talked, half dozing. I would have preferred to just doze but she kept talking and asking me questions. I ended up explaining all that I've been experiencing at the farm and she said that she wouldn't be able to take it either. So then she said she needed to go take a shower and head to pick up our great-nephew (son of the nephew I'm trying to squeeze money out of) and then go for a chiropractor visit for her foot.

I'm sleepy and plan on taking a nap. On the way home, I stopped at a grocery store in my sister's more affluent town with the intention of buying a rotisserie chicken but the skin looked undercooked and it said "bbq flavor." I opted for some tender roast beef and some kraut and kielbasa slices. I ate the roast beef as I drove home and Cissy was whining the whole time. Sorry! This is MINE! It was good, too. I think I'll buy a roast and cook it up this week.

I'm down about 0.4 more today but being that I woke up so early, I think it would have been more if I'd slept my usual amount and weighed in around 11 am. Tomorrow I should see a better number. I'm happy with whatever downward number I get, though. I really am. Down is good. It beats up and STS!

Also on the way home, I stopped at Advanced Auto to buy more power steering fluid because the steering is almost impossible today. I found some stuff that was $11/bottle but it looks like one of those "liquid plumber" type bottles with the two chambers. It's supposed to be a very effective leak stopper. I hope I hope I hope. I went to do it in the parking lot but remembered where the cap was located and decided I should wait for the engine to be cold. I will surely burn my hand.

So that's my day in a nutshell. I'm going nowhere else and I'm staying in my PJ's. Time to throw my clothes in the dryer. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Really glad the mechanic was cheaper. Hope your nephew can float the loan. Ironcially, I'm making a roast in the crock pot for my family right now. Smells amazing!! I do a roast w. cream of mushroom soup and a packet of lipton onion soup mi over it (which I'm out of, so I did seasoning and dried minced onion and onion powder). It's the best, easiest roast beef ever!Let it cook all day, a can of green beans and that's dinner! (I put carrots and potatoes in the crock for the non-lc fam).

Hope you enjoy some rest!! And Yahoo! On the weight!! WTG!!
Old 10-16-2013, 01:11 PM   #1039
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thats good the cost is less and hope your nephew can loan you the money. I'll pray for you.
Sorry about your tough day yesterday. I'm sure the horsies appreciate what you do for them and put up with.
Good job on the weight too! KUTGW!
Have a nice relaxing evening Cheryl. I'll email you later tonight.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #1040
Big Yapper!

Old 10-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #1041
Big Yapper!

My nephew called me about 9:45 tonight and said that he could lend me the money! Then he said he had a guy who gives him the best repair rates of anyone else he knows so he's going to call the guy tomorrow, give him the make, model and year of my car and tell him what the mechanic said needs fixing. Isn't this great? I might end up saving a hundred or so dollars in the process.

Will write more tomorrow. Had a good day but a long day. I don't like being up so early. I hope I can sleep late tomorrow.

I watched Forrest Gump on Netflix tonight. I just adore that movie. It's a work of art.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #1042
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yipee!! So happy to hear that our prayers were answered! I'm so glad your nephew stepped up to help you out. Men do tend to handle these mechanics things better then we do & for some reason mechanics 'gouge' women (had that happen to me).
I'm happy for your good efforts on your diet also, but don't want to say too much, lest it cause you to stumble (you mentioned it doesn't help).

Glad your bad day at the barn is over.
Have a good rest!
Old 10-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #1043
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Yipee!! So happy to hear that our prayers were answered! I'm so glad your nephew stepped up to help you out. Men do tend to handle these mechanics things better then we do & for some reason mechanics 'gouge' women (had that happen to me).
I'm happy for your good efforts on your diet also, but don't want to say too much, lest it cause you to stumble (you mentioned it doesn't help).

Glad your bad day at the barn is over.
Have a good rest!
Night, sweetie! And thanks to ALL of you for your prayers for my car issues.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:07 AM   #1044
Big Yapper!

Last day off work for this week. The manager hasn't been answering my texts in the evenings. I don't know if she's pissed at me so I just texted her a few minutes ago to ask if I'm in the dog house for something. She never carries her phone so I won't expect a reply anytime soon.

Good news about the car repair! After my nephew talked to his mechanic friend, the guy will do the necessary repairs using all new parts and thrown in a front end alignment all for $245 less that the 2nd guys estimate! It certainly does pay to know people who know people. And then he asked the guy if he'd drive me down to the mall when I drop off the car so I'll have something to do while I wait. So nice to be taken care of.

Cissy went swimming at the Fish and Game last night under a full moon with perfect temperatures and low clouds that were just drifting along. It was magical. Then I took her home cause she was ready for her towel drying (she loves to swim but when she's ready to dry off, she gets anxious). After the towel drying and she was 80% dry, I gave her a good brushing with the wire brush (the kind with the needles) and then the one that looks like a rake to get all the under fur. And this morning she went to the groomers to get all clipped and ready for her winter coat. I love the fluffy her but it's difficult for swimming and such when it's long, and the snow balls up on her fur.

In a couple of days after her skin oils have recovered from the bath, I will apply her tick med to her back. I never knew that you shouldn't apply it right after a bath but that's what my sister told me a few days ago and I believe she is right.

Another unbelievably gorgeous day here. I feel so blessed. Thank you, Lord. Thankyouthankyouthankyou.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:15 AM   #1045
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Wow Cheryl ! That's great news ! What a wonderful nephew you have ......

That does sound magical ~~ swimming under the full moon ~ awesome ! Glad she could go to groomers too. Allie loves to go !

Enjoy your last day off ~ taking Shelby back this morning and headed to Houston later ( and nephew's football game )

ttyl !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:24 AM   #1046
Big Yapper!

Have fun, Laura. Glad you got a nice visit with you darling dgd.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #1047
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Rejoicing with you Cheryl! Sounds like it will be a fun day for you & get your ole jalopy in ship-shape too! I like malls to walk through & gawk... not much of a shopper, more of a looker... especially by myself I like doing that, nice walking too.
Hope you have a good day at work & are in the "good-books" with manager.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #1048
Big Yapper!

Thank you, Deb. I actually never go to malls. I find them overwhelming and I feel so alone in places where there are tons of people walking in every which direction. I may go directly to the Pet store and play with some puppies (since there is zero chance I can buy one, even if I fell in love) and then maybe see a movie (Escape Plan is playing which is something I wanted to see.) If I try and get a bite to eat, I will run into trouble. Maybe I'll see what there is in the mall that would be workable on LC. Not much LC stuff at Olive Garden.

There's a Chili's a ways down from the mall in the same (connected in a way) parking lot so maybe I can get dropped off there instead and then go between Chili's and the Barnes and Noble book store. I could then sit and read through one of their books while maybe enjoying a coffee from the coffee bar (Haven't been in there in eons but I think they have such a thing.) I like that plan better.

At Chili's, I can get fajita's and just skip the flour tortillas. They don't have those "mushroom jack fajita's" anymore, which I feel is a crying shame, but I can find something else that will be similar. I've always liked Chili's. One of my favorite restaurants.

I just got a text back from my manager. She said she was working in the town that is extremely busy (she works in two different ones) last night so that's why she didn't reply to my texts.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #1049
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh good! You're not in the dog-house!

Yeah, sounds like a good plan. How many hours do you expect it to take? Nothing worse then "waiting in a waiting room" I like Chili's too... went to one once in Kentucky on a motorcycle trip.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #1050
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Thank you, Deb. I actually never go to malls. I find them overwhelming and I feel so alone in places where there are tons of people walking in every which direction. I may go directly to the Pet store and play with some puppies (since there is zero chance I can buy one, even if I fell in love) and then maybe see a movie (Escape Plan is playing which is something I wanted to see.) If I try and get a bite to eat, I will run into trouble. Maybe I'll see what there is in the mall that would be workable on LC. Not much LC stuff at Olive Garden.

There's a Chili's a ways down from the mall in the same (connected in a way) parking lot so maybe I can get dropped off there instead and then go between Chili's and the Barnes and Noble book store. I could then sit and read through one of their books while maybe enjoying a coffee from the coffee bar (Haven't been in there in eons but I think they have such a thing.) I like that plan better.

At Chili's, I can get fajita's and just skip the flour tortillas. They don't have those "mushroom jack fajita's" anymore, which I feel is a crying shame, but I can find something else that will be similar. I've always liked Chili's. One of my favorite restaurants.

I just got a text back from my manager. She said she was working in the town that is extremely busy (she works in two different ones) last night so that's why she didn't reply to my texts.
I'm so glad about the car!! Sweet time under the moon with Cissy too!! I love to get a sf vanilla breve latte at B&N and just sit and read. It's one of my favorite escapes!! Enjoy your down day.