Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #961
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Nah, didn't watch too much of it...
Good night - sleep tight!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #962
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
nice ! Loved watching you groom her ! You didn't look bad...... you work hard out in the heat, I know how hard that is .
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #963
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
I loved the video! I'm a huge horse lover, always have been. She's gorgeous.
You look good, Cheryl. Don't be so hard on yourself.
Its the last day here in the 80's. Tomorrow it's back to 61*. No wonder I have a cold! I thought taking vitamins would help with catching colds, but guess not. I'm taking the ALIVE, fruits and vegetables, gummy vitamins. There no iron in them though. Thats what makes me sick. But I've increased my meat intake & had the hyst so my iron should be good now.
I still have to get blood work done! My PCP wanted it last month. Oops! I'll get it done when this cold lets up. Chloe is feeling better and my dd and I are miserable. We were both up all night with runny noses. Hate that.
Dh is making fish (Talapia) on the grill. Yummmm! I'll have some leftover corn from yesterday's cookout (we had chicken breast). I had to reind him to put my butter (Promise) on my fish. I had to eat reg margarine yesterday so I have to cut out the fat today.
I'm going to the store after eating to get cold medicine. I stocked up on Kleenex yesterday. LOL I can't suffer through this another night. I have Chloe 11 hrs tomorrow so I need energy.
Gonna check out the want ads now. ttys! Have a great day!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #964
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Oh, girl! Get that blood work done! You had surgery, woman. Let's see if not having your "monthly" has solved your anemia. Aren't you curious? You're right about waiting until your cold is finished. That sucks that it is making you so miserable.

Thanks for viewing the video. I loved it because I set it up on the ledge, turned the camera monitor around so I could see how it would be framed, turned on the "head light" and hoped for the best. I thought it was going to come out too dark. I was extremely pleased.

I think I'm going to color my hair. It's gotten too "mousy" and I think it's time to just go lighter like I used to when I was younger. At first I was thinking of just doing highlights but maybe I'll just go all the way and do the whole thing. It's a pain in the butt to pull strands through those crazy caps anyway. And then getting the cap back off is a royal you-know-what.

I hope you enjoy your meal! Sounds yummy. And I hope you feel better soon and can get a good rest tonight.

I'm off to work now. Time to go get ready. It's raining here but just barely right now. It rained so hard all morning that I can hear the pond behind the property. The water is making a lot of noise as it falls over the damn. I'm shocked that we got enough to do that because we've been so dry for so long. Anyway, adios until later.

Last edited by CherylB; 10-06-2013 at 11:51 AM..
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #965
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's suppose to rain here tomorrow. An all day long rain. Dh is on daylight this week so I worry about him driving in the rain. He hates it as much as I do.
I can just stay in the house. Chloe doesn't have school til Tuesday, so nothing to go out for.
Hoping to get some sleep tonight. I took some Tylenol Cold medicine but still sneezing and my nose is still congested. I can take 2 more pills about 10:30.
Did ya know electric bills in alaska for a month run about $1000 a month? Ain't that nuts! I'm watching Buying Alaska. People buying a house in alaska. I love this show!
ttyt! Good night!
Old 10-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #966
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
It won't load for me . Says there's a problem? Maybe it's because I'm on the ipad? Hope you're enjoying your weekend. Monday's coming too soon!!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #967
Big Yapper!

I've watched that show a few times. Good one, too. No I didn't know that it cost that much for power up there. I believe it is the most expensive state to live in. I hope they have alternative energy sources. Don't think that solar would do them a heck of a lot of good. I hope you sleep well too, kid. Feel better tomorrow. That's an order!

Julie, yeah. You probably need to be on a laptop or desktop computer to see them. They're worth the trouble, if you enjoy animals. Take another crack at it when you have time. You won't be disappointed.

I'm going to go night-night. I will NOT be on this computer at 0400 like last night. Crazy! Must get into a good position to sleep. I spun the mattress tonight and this side feels a whole lot better. Next time I need to remember to flip it over. I can see a good night's sleep coming on. I hope so, Lord!

Sleep tight, ladies.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #968
Big Yapper!

Big-ass line of T-storms coming through this afternoon. It's 70 degrees and very windy. The leaves are flying every which way. They had to cancel the riding lessons at the farm. Poor Cissy will be home during all this cause I need to be at the farm around the time it's going to get to us. I'll have to medicate her and hope for the best.

I wish I could stay home with her and just enjoy the storm as it blows through. I love storms, when I don't have to be out in them. Well, that's all the news. @Tammy@ if you are reading this, I haven't read your email yet. Been too busy but I'll read and respond tonight. Hope you're feeling better today.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #969
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Oh my goodness, I loved the video! SO understand her stretching out her neck in bliss when you got to the itchy spots! She reminds me of the Arab mare I used to have, Chanel. Same coloring, though Chanel is smaller of course. Is she a sweet disposition?

I hope the day is good for everyone! Cheryl, I LOVE storms too.

Have a good one, everyone! Tammy, feel better!

Last edited by pendragginp; 10-07-2013 at 12:17 PM..
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #970
Big Yapper!!!!

Cute!! I was able to see it on my laptop. You do have a great job!!! Even when it's stressful, it's pretty amazing that's what you get to do!!
Old 10-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #971
Big Yapper!

I agree. It's worth all the BS and bad weather and bugs to have moments like those.

Daphne is "marish." She pins her ears and doesn't like people to enter her stall when she's in there. She doesn't enjoy being crowded, as during riding lessons and she has the rider's legs plus she's flanked by two side walkers and also has a leader in the front. She's usually long-lined during lessons to let her feel less surrounded. But I think she's totally sweet. I get lots of love from her.

Red's not one to cuddle but I can get a little closeness with him on occasion. BTW, I loaded a bunch more videos on the Horse Lover's thread. I won't bog down both threads so go on over and they should be on the last page of the thread. I don't know if it's kicked over to a new page. If not the last page then the page before that.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/be...-need-one.html

It rained the entire time I was at the farm. It was raining sideways from the time I got there and the horses were outside in their paddocks. The manager was lunging two of them in the arena. I stood in the grain room and watched her through the open doorway. (I had already done the waters in the barn so I wasn't being a total slouch.) After that it started to rain harder and I decided that was quite enough. I started turning them in and thankfully she was thinking the same way.

There was a volunteer there doing the paddocks when I arrived so that was nice. She did a few and I did one. I watched her as she was mucking out one of the stalls to see how good she was at it, since she said she used to have her own horses. I guess everyone has their own style and abilities but I ended up having to teach her both with the poop and the urine. Too much bedding gets wasted if you don't keep an eagle eye on the volunteers. If I had my way, only staff would muck the stalls. I will say it again at our next staff meeting.

Even though the horses were wet, the manager wanted us to give them all a light grooming. I said I'd wait a while to let them dry off and she said they wouldn't dry so to just go ahead and feed early and give them a quick brushing. So, we did. I got out of there at 6:15 which is a very rare thing.

Anyway, back to the volunteer. I was grooming Lola and she came up and started grooming Calvin in the next stall. I have never seen him so irritable. Normally he's restless but he was pinning his ears and looking back at her as she was brushing him. I pointed out the fact that he was annoyed so she'd take a look at what she was doing and maybe do it differently. I don't think she gets the idea that we practice at our farm; it's not the horse, it's YOU.

We moved down to the next duplex and I decided to do Charmed and let her do Frodo because Charmed can be touchy. So can Frodo but I made the decision based on that fact. Well, Frodo was fine for a bit and then all of a sudden he started pinning his ears and looking back and her and moving around. I told her to stop what she was doing and just stand there for a second. Then I told her to set her brush down and just be with him for a bit; just petting him and talking with him. But before I took those steps to tell her to stop, etc, she said, "Don't you bite me! I have no problem slappin' ya!"

I don't know if I should share that with the manager or just let things play out as they will. If she's got the wrong spirit, the horses will react badly toward her and she will be gone soon enough. But lucky me; she'll be coming every Monday. Sometimes I just wish I had no volunteers at all.

As I was doing my chores, the Director was walking two new people through the barn. A fresh batch of volunteers on the way. Here we go again, and again, and again. The only thing that I love about when winter comes is that most of them go away until Spring comes back around.

I hope you guys get where I'm coming from. I am not ungrateful for them wanting to help and to experience the horses. But it takes more time and effort to be watching them and going back behind them to undo something they did wrong than it is if they hadn't come at all. And I do take the time to teach them well but even then, it doesn't seem to matter or to "stick."

I just heard that the weather is drying up tomorrow!

Have a great night, ladies. Time to copy and paste this over to the horsey thread.

Last edited by CherylB; 10-07-2013 at 04:16 PM..
Old 10-07-2013, 07:56 PM   #972
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay! Glad you're getting some dry weather! The horses will really enjoy it too! Sounds like a real interesting day. I'm not very good at teaching anyone to do my work... I usually try to make out notes of the steps & then have them "do it" to teach them. Then they have the notes to refer to. But mine is all at a computer.
I looked at your videos' front picture. Looks like you captured quite a few of 'em! Lucky goat! I gotta get me some pumpkin. Forgot to buy some.
How are you feeling? Noticing any improvement in the over-heating department?
Hope you have a good sleep.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #973
Big Yapper!

No difference noted yet on the medication and symptoms front. Pretty disappointing but will see how I feel after one week. Thursday was my last day of daily Cytomel.

I think what bothers me the most about our way of training new people is that there is no rhyme or reason to it. We need to take videos of one of us actually mucking a stall and show people the right way to do it before they ever set foot inside the farm barn area. I know if this is going to be done (the teaching videos) it's going to be up to me. Do I want to be in these videos? No! Do I want to make sure all new volunteers are receiving the same training and know how we do things? Hell yes.

To do one, I will need to bring my tripod and get it all set up to do a test video, then I can show it to the higher-ups so they can see what sort of instructional video I'm talking about making. It will be challenging to do it without someone doing the shooting and another person doing the mucking, but frankly, if I can do it by myself, I'd prefer that.

I made a stuffed pork roast that they made in the grocery store. When will I learn? I do not like the pre-made foods in the store that you take home and cook according to the directions. I followed the instructions and cooked it at the right temperature for the right amount of time for that size roast and I let it rest after cooking. The meat was tough, the stuffing was cold. I am done with those things. I say it after each time but this time I really am done. What a waste of good money.

That roast probably should have been tenderized before they laid it out flat and rolled it up into a log (of sorts) with stuffing inside. I need to just make my own things from scratch and then I can change things up depending on how it comes out. But I hate making a meal that you think is going to taste so good and then you end up so unsatisfied. It makes me want to find something else to eat and that's always a bad idea.

I forgot to buy more Benadryl today and without it, I wake with the birds. Looks like it will be an early morning for me again.

Have a good night, people.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #974
Big Yapper!!!!

Hope you slept well. The videos are a good idea. If you talk to the management first, maybe they'd help you? I understand your frustration with the volunteer, it's always much faster and easier to just do it (correctly) yourself. But, theoretically, if they come back, they could actually be of some help.

Hang in there and enjoy the sweet fall weather (even the rain)
Old 10-08-2013, 05:51 AM   #975
Senior LCF Member

Yes, the videos are a great idea!

Speaking of, I watched the rest of your videos on the other thread - envious! Gave me a little horsy fix but not enough.

Wishing a good day to everyone!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #976
Big Yapper!

Hey, Julie. The storm didn't obliterate the trees so there will still be a Fall left for a while. I'll just do one video on my own without telling them my idea because they always seems to shoot them (my ideas) down in those dang staff meetings. I wonder sometimes why I am expected to attend.

Thanks for watching the other videos, Plum! I don't want to only take them at the end of the day, but that's when everyone else has gone home and I'd rather do them at those times. I wish I had a head cam cause then I could film when I'm free lunging someone. The key is to bring the tripod with me.

The sun is back!! I think the temps for the rest of the week will stay in the 60's. The 70's may be history for this year. I hope not cause then it's all downhill from there.

So riding lessons will go on as scheduled for today and I will be the "program assistant" in the barn. They used to call it "team captain." Not sure why they took that title away but I liked that better. Maybe it was going to people's heads.

Then I take my car to "the dr" tomorrow morning to see what it's going to cost me to fix the power steering problem. I hope this is the last car problem I have for the rest of the year, if not longer. They really take a bite out of your monthly finances.

Have a nice day, everyone. Bbl.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:52 PM   #977
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah, sorry you're not getting the relief from lowering the meds yet. At least the weather is cooperating!
Hope the car Dr doesn't cost too much!
Sleep tight!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #978
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Cheryl, hope today was good at work. We were super busy ;/

Good luck with the car tomorrow ! Night !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:41 AM   #979
Big Yapper!

(copy/paste from other thread from last night.)

It's late here (almost 11pm) but the farm was busy. I don't know what happened but somehow I wasn't the team captain. I tacked one of the horses but nobody seemed to need me after that. And I had almost zero help in the chores department so I got caught up in all that and never had time to go to the barn and check on who was doing what to whom. Things got done and nobody seemed to be looking for me. It was weird.

Daphne did even better with grooming today than she did in the video. I could curry her sides and get near her belly before she acted uncomfortable. The manager said she had someone hold her yesterday to be groomed. I never do that. She said she almost got nipped by her, even with someone holding her. She never tries that with me.

It was funny. As soon as she saw I was stepping into her stall with the grooming bucket, she "assumed the position" and turned her head away to expose her neck to me, as if to say, "Start here, like you did the day we shot the video." What a prima donna!

So now I'm pooped and must unwind. Hope everyone is having a great night.

PS: I remembered something I didn't say before. I noticed today that I sweat more like your average fat person rather than like a mule. Maybe the drop in Cytomel is finally kicking in!
Old 10-09-2013, 04:48 AM   #980
Big Yapper!

up super early this am. I hate that! will take car to mechanic earlier than expected. I miss the days when I could turn over in bed and fall back to sleep for a few more hours. impossible to do without taking two Benadryl at night along with the Restoril. I took one Benadryl last night and here I am, wide awake at 0700.

will bbl to let you know what I hear about the car.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:52 AM   #981
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good luck with the car! I've been up since 8 with Chloe. She's sitting here eating grapes, drinking her morning milk and watching Little Bill. LOL Poor baby still has a cold and mine is just about gone already.
My dd slept with me and chloe last night. Chloe wanted us all together. LOL There was plenty of room and we all slept well.
Its sunny outside and looks warm, but its cold out there! I need to rest today since I was on the run all day yesterday. We looked for a costume for Chloe. She wants to be mini mouse but she may end up with LaLa Loopsy or a Ballerina costume. We looked at walmart, Toys R Us and a couple other stores but the costumes are getting picked over. My dd is going to a costume shop thats about a 1/2 hr away. Costumes are expensive and even more so at a costume shop. I just can't see spending so much when she'll wear it once and thats it. Oh well.....her money.
Have a nice day everyone! BBL
Old 10-09-2013, 07:18 AM   #982
Big Yapper!

Is that a recent pic of Shawn in your Avi? First time I've seen you use one of him as your Avi. Nice! I totally agree about the cost of costumes and only using them one time. Seems like there would be a consignment kid shop that has costumes for all ages from kids just like her who wore them once and outgrew them. If there isn't one, there should be one! Or lots of them.

I woke at 0700. Took the car up to the mechanic around 0830 only to discover today is the only day all week that he doesn't open until 0930. I left the car and put the key in the drop box, walked home with Cissy and then called him to leave a message that the key was in the box and reminded him what we were checking on the car. We shall see. Prayers appreciated!

Cute that you all slept together last night. I'm going to need a nap. I can feel it coming on already and it's 10:15. I hate mornings. And speaking of COLD, it was 50 on my walk home and I didn't have a jacket, just jeans and a long-sleeved shirt. Walking down a busy main street with big trucks and many cars whizzing by me, I had a continual stiff breeze in my face. BRRRR!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:35 AM   #983
Big Yapper!!!!

on th cooler temps and what follows... Hopefully you'll get at least one more resurge of 70's . Brisk! I remember that!!

It's cooling off nicely out here (finally!) it'll be mid 80's today, and a storm seems to be coming b/c the next 2 days we're in the 70's?! it'll go back to the 80's at least after that, but I'll take it for a few days!!

Hope the car isn't too expensive. Let us know.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #984
Big Yapper!

I'm glad things have cooled off for you, Julie. I think our days above the 60's are numbered and as I look at the long-range forecast, soon we'll be in the 50's during the day. Such is New England.

The car. He called me around 11 am and said that the power steering fluid is leaking from three different areas. One is the power steering motor and the other two I don't remember cause I was stunned by the figure he gave me to fix it. $1,300. The car is 15 years old.

I realize that even if I wanted to sell it, I'd have to fix the problem or take a huge hit on the car's value. But if I put that kind of money into it, I won't get it back. It will be lost. So I'm wondering if I can just live with it the way it is and find ways to park in parking lots so that I don't have to make such severe turns when I'm virtually stopped. That is the only time I feel the pain of this problem. So far, it doesn't affect how it steers when I'm driving.

I could ask my oldest nephew for a loan but then what happens if something more serious goes wrong, like the engine or transmission? I'm paying back a $1,300 loan and then can't afford to take another "family loan" to fix the next thing.

I told him there was no way I could pay that and said to just park the car in his lot and I'd come get it later on. I then texted my sister to get the phone number of the mechanic she uses in her home town. I want a second opinion before I get myself too worked-up.

It's so hard to know what to do when these things happen. This guy has newspaper articles on his wall in his waiting room about what an upstanding, honest mechanic he is but that seems really suspicious to me. Maybe he paid for the articles to be written. How many auto mechanics make the newspaper, ya know?

I never imagined in my wildest dreams that it would be even close to a thousand dollars. I think he's screwing with me. I'm going to find out; if not this week, then next week for sure. I'll make an appointment with the other mechanic and plan to have my sister pick me up and we'll spend the day together.

So, there it is. Not great news but the car still does work so it could be so much worse.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #985
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is a new picture of Shawn. He just posted it a couple days ago. He's all serious! LOL
Oh no! That is alot of money. Most of that is probably labor. Too bad you don't know someone who could fix it for you.
I need prayers! My dad's sister (shes the next to the youngest of the 10 ) was diagnosed with Lung cancer today. She's having surgery to remove that part of her lung. So apparently it hasn't spread too much. I feel just awful.
BBL. Have to read to Chloe now.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #986
Big Yapper!

Old 10-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #987
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So sorry to hear that Cheryl, hope the other mechanic gives you a better deal!
Tay, so sorry to hear your Aunt has cancer. God bless & protect her!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #988
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thank you Debby! She's such a great person and has been through so much in her life. Now this!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #989
Big Yapper!

I prayed for her, Tammy. I'm sorry but I couldn't type at the time I just posted the emoticons. I was feeling really @$*^: myself at that moment. I hope they got all the cancer and that she never has a reoccurrence again in her life.

I got the car back. It's great to have wheels! The trip home was so much faster and easier than the trip there (walking up the long hill with Cissy.) I haven't clocked it but I'm guessing it's close to a mile. Maybe not that long but all uphill.

I hope we all have a great night's sleep and peaceful dreams. May we wake with a renewed sense of how we should be living our lives and what kind of people we want to be. Amen.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:58 AM   #990
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I then texted my sister to get the phone number of the mechanic she uses in her home town. I want a second opinion before I get myself too worked-up.
Very smart!

Quote:
I need prayers! My dad's sister (shes the next to the youngest of the 10 ) was diagnosed with Lung cancer today. She's having surgery to remove that part of her lung. So apparently it hasn't spread too much. I feel just awful.
I'm so sorry Tammy. Prayer here for her and for you.