Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #901
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Sounds like a very good day for you. Meaningful & inspiring. So sorry your sister is doing so poorly. But good for her to have a sis that loves her.

Hope you get a good sleep.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #902
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Sorry! I didn't realize I hadn't posted here in a few days. I'm doing fine. Have the day off but going to the farm in a bit to keep the count as they load the next truck of hay bales into the loft. I can do that and it's a necessary chore that won't take the life out of me. After that, I am thinking of trying to mend one of the horses' sheets that is torn. The nights are getting nippy and soon we will need to be putting those on them again. I have some of that ironing tape for hemming and repairing and she says she has an iron so I'll give it a whirl. I'll put towels down on one of the tables so I can do it standing up.

Wish me luck! Gorgeous weather here still.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #903
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope your day went well. Counting & all
I haven't had much success with iron-ons. There must be a trick to it that I don't possess. My dm used them all the time, seemed to work for her.
So nice for you to have gorgeous weather. Are the leaves turning yet? Our aspens got attacked by a bug this year, so they didn't turn their pretty colors... just started going dirty-brown right off the bat. Disappointing, but maybe some of the other trees will go out with colors.
So, are you preparing yourself for LC after you lunch with your sweet mama? I would imagine you'll need to wait for payday to stock up on the right foods too.
Oh, I used to make those crescent rolls too... still do for some holidays... but not if I can help it. Not much on baking this last century!
Looking forward to hearing about your day!
Old 09-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #904
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry to hear that about your Aspens. I absolutely love Aspens. I love how the leaves flutter in the breeze. Our leaves are in the process of changing right now. The north-west corner of the state is supposed to be close to peak color. I wish I could afford to just go for a drive and "leaf peep." No time, no money and car not cooperating.

I really want to use up some of what I have in the freezer before I indulge and go buying more LC food. I have lots of meat in the freezer. I have a small turkey, pork chops, a pork loin roast, steaks, and lots of other stuff. I think I have a bunch of chicken thighs too. It's tempting to go buy fresh stuff when I get paid but I really need to use what I have and make room for fresher things when I find good deals.

Work was good. I slaved. I fixed Charmed's coat and then I thought I was leaving but found out the hay truck hadn't even been brought out of the field to be unloaded. I was mortified. Long story short, she went and got the hay and she climbed a ladder up into the loft to receive the bales as they went up the hay elevator one at a time. One teenage girl was on the trailer pulling the bales to the edge and the other teenage girl was taking them off and placing them on the elevator. I was doing the count but I kept checking with each girl how they were doing.

I started out putting the bales on the elevator and doing the count but it was getting confusing and the girl and I were beginning to trip over each other so she said she'd just do that part herself. After a while I took the place of the girl on the trailer and she did the counting. We switched back toward the last 10-15 bales. We loaded and stored 122 bales.

VERY productive day and it was all volunteer. She (the manager) really needed my help today so it worked out well. One of the teen girl's father came to pick her up and just patiently sat in his truck, waiting for her to be done. I didn't know he was there. Then he offered to come and help when he saw the manager trying to unhook the trailer from the tractor and having difficulty. He's a mail man and he was such a sweet guy. He stayed and helped us for about 40 minutes. What a patient man.

So I got a few giant bug bites before I managed to sneak out of there. I think they are going to feel fine now that I put all the anti-itch cream on them. And it's late but I haven't eaten anything yet. Typical day for me. Bad, bad habits that need reforming.

I hope you had a nice day, Debby. I'm glad mine is coming to an end. Need to go throw my clothes in the drier now. I did a lot of good work today, all for a good cause.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #905
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, sounds like you have a great start on your LC stock. I LOVE meat
It was sure a good thing you went to help out today! Whew... kind of sounds like poor-planning on the manager's part. Hope you aren't sore tomorrow.
I don't know how you make it all day without eating... everybody's different I guess.
Good night, sleep well!
Old 09-28-2013, 08:47 PM   #906
Big Yapper!

Poor planning on the manager's part is an ongoing theme. She knew the hay was coming. They did 101 bales earlier, then the 122 bales while I was there, then she brought yet another trailer full of about 85 bales. I told her I was going home. It was dark and I was done. We have a vast volunteer base and if she'd just make a couple phone calls to some of the young guys, it would be so easy. But she has trouble formulating a plan and carrying it out. She's just too "all over the place." It's sad when you have to find a way to live under such management.

One thing I know about life is that nothing stays the same. We will see how things change.

How do I make it all day without eating? I sleep as late as I can, which is about 11 or 12 pm. Then I drink coffee with cream until it's time to get ready for work. Then I go to work and come home and have a few beers. Then the urge to eat hits me and it's about 9 pm and I begin eating. It's a very bad pattern. I have major adjustments to make.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #907
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Poor planning on the manager's part is an ongoing theme. She knew the hay was coming. They did 101 bales earlier, then the 122 bales while I was there, then she brought yet another trailer full of about 85 bales. I told her I was going home. It was dark and I was done. We have a vast volunteer base and if she'd just make a couple phone calls to some of the young guys, it would be so easy. But she has trouble formulating a plan and carrying it out. She's just too "all over the place." It's sad when you have to find a way to live under such management.

One thing I know about life is that nothing stays the same. We will see how things change.

How do I make it all day without eating? I sleep as late as I can, which is about 11 or 12 pm. Then I drink coffee with cream until it's time to get ready for work. Then I go to work and come home and have a few beers. Then the urge to eat hits me and it's about 9 pm and I begin eating. It's a very bad pattern. I have major adjustments to make.
You're right about that, things do change.
Its interesting how differently we all are driven. One of the guys I work with doesn't eat till lunch & he doesn't drink coffee, also an early riser. I can manage, if fasting, but sure don't like it. That's going to be quite to project to change that pattern, I'd say. But totally possible.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:37 AM   #908
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Wow, what a day! Slaved sounds right! Busy is good, I prefer that to boredom. Your leaves will be changing any minute, so no need to drive all over town. That eating pattern could morph into intermmittent fasting without too much effort. You might want to research that and w/o the beer, could be a great way to lose? Just a thought!

Hang in there
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:34 AM   #909
Big Yapper!

Hello, ladies. Happy Sunday to you all! I hope you all have a lovely day. As for me, working later on. No other plans. Bbl.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #910
Big Yapper!

Hello, world. I FINALLY slept late the way I used to do. I haven't been able to do that for about a week, at least. It felt good to wake up at that late time and know I had gotten caught up on my rest.

The gorgeous Fall weather continues and I'm so thankful. I get paid in two days and I'm thankful for that, too. I'm riding into another month on fumes, which is my pattern these past few months. (Actually, for as many months as I can remember.) But with my plans to get back on track with my eating, I will also not be drinking except on occasion socially so I'll save all that money and in future months, I should have enough money to get all the way through to the end without scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I just looked at the forecast for this week. We're going to be up around 80 by Wednesday! This is crazy. I still have the window air conditioners in. I just might be using them for a few days this week. I'm not complaining! I can wait for Winter.

Well, have a lovely day, ladies. I'm trying to reach my Dr but I keep getting this message that tells me they aren't quite back from lunch. I will keep trying. I want to see why they mailed me another lab slip and also see if they have my results back from the blood that was drawn last Thursday.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:45 PM   #911
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
yay ! You got some good sleep Hear back from the Dr. yet ?
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #912
Big Yapper!

Nope, which is surprising. I thought when I checked my phone after I got home from work that surely there would be a message. Nada. I guess that means that nobody has reviewed the results yet or else they would have called me before I called them anyway. But I want to solve the mystery of the mailed lab slip.

Work was fine. I had a new woman to orient to what she'll be doing when she comes to do barn chores. I hate that the farm calls it "the pm feed" cause these people think they are coming to feed the horses. No. You are coming to clean the paddocks, fill up the waters, help turn in the horses at night, maybe help with grooming and if you are standing around looking for something else to do when the grain is being dolled out, you get handed a bucket and the staff person tells you who it's for.

On top of orienting her, I was the team captain in the barn. Someone got all the tack ready and placed in the barn so that was great. But I played a major role in getting the horses tacked and groomed and taking care of them once their lesson was over cause some people had to run back into the next lesson and couldn't groom and take care of the horse that just finished. I don't mind cause that is pleasurable to me.

But nobody swept out the barn and some folks were standing around looking bored and nobody offered to help me. Well, one girl did but she didn't hop-to-it when I said if she wanted to, there was always poop to pick up. She sort of laughed and kept sitting on her butt beside me. I got up and went about doing something else because I really have no interest in babysitting. She was a teen. I did plenty with her all afternoon long but there comes a time I need to shake loose from all those who "need me" and just find some time that's just to myself.

I didn't sign out until 7:45. It was pitch black outside. I know I could have left earlier but I'm just driven to do the best job I can. I need to just do a little less because I know it isn't really noticed or appreciated that much. What I mean is when the morning person comes in to muck the stalls out, I doubt they see much difference that I took the time to muck them before I left the night before. I do it mainly for the horses but the program director said it isn't necessary to do them before I leave. I might cut myself some slack.

I put in for the full 4 hours which I almost never do. I feel it was justified. I really had no real helpers and I was being pulled here and there all afternoon long for program and for orienting the new barn woman. Plenty of times I just put the extra time down as volunteer time. When I really worked hard, I claim it.

Something funny happened when I got to the barn. I realized I had forgotten to apply my deodorant and I was already beginning to perspire. So I went upstairs into the manager's apartment (which was locked, but I knew where the key was) and hunted around until I found her deodorant. I'm not going to tell her that I used it. It will be our little secret.

Have a good night, ladies. I'm one day closer to payday.

Last edited by CherylB; 09-30-2013 at 05:54 PM..
Old 09-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #913
Big Yapper!!!!

the deodorant!! I'm sure your co-workers appreciated that .

Glad you got some sleep. It must be awful not being able to sleep .

Hope all is going well with you, and it's not too cold too past.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #914
Big Yapper!

Happy October 1st~

It's another gorgeous day here. Thank you, Lord! Today is my last day in a five-day stretch of work. I am ready for some R&R. But tomorrow I will get paid and I'll need to get up at a pretty early hour to go buy the stuff I need for my menu items I'm taking to my sisters' for dinner. I have never made a traditional beef stew. I got two recipes which sound pretty similar but I am a little nervous about the part where you braise the beef a while. And they want you to buy a chuck roast and cut it up yourself cause they say the ready-to-cook beef stew chunks you can buy are too lean. I will weigh my options.

I hope today goes smoothly at the farm. I'll be the team captain again. I prefer it when it's me as opposed to the manager because (frankly), things go better when it's not her. And I take the time to teach the people who ask me to show them how to do something. I even catch errors as the horses are walking past me. I'm surprised how good I've gotten at this.

Ttyl. Today, I vow to remember my deodorant! Have a great day, ladies.

Last edited by CherylB; 10-01-2013 at 09:39 AM..
Old 10-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #915
Big Yapper!!!!

Hope your day went well and you were the lead again. It's nice when you can take control and things run smoothly . Did you do anything differently to get to sleep? Whatever it was, keep it up!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #916
Big Yapper!

Yes, I was team captain again. Someone else puts the saddles and stuff for each horse into the barn, based on the schedule and what saddle etc is supposed to be used. One saddle was totally missing so I had to go find it in the tack room, then figure out what saddle blanket to use with it. Minor annoyance. As far as I know, the blanket chosen was the right one. I didn't hear anything to the contrary.

I sleep because I take medication. If I want to sleep late, I take two Benadryl with the Restoril at night. If I REALLY want to sleep well, I take two Restoril. Sometimes I run out of the Restoril before it's time to refill and then I'm stuck "up a creek without a paddle." But at the time, it's worth taking enough to sleep soundly. My body is just so used to the meds that it's normal that one just doesn't do it anymore.

Somehow the manager knew someone had been up in her apartment yesterday! She texted me and said, "Move my apartment key. I forgot to do it. I think someone was up there last night." I had to confess. Won't be going up there anymore. She must have the place rigged. Or her German Shepard and she are so close that he somehow communicated to her that he'd had a visitor. Weird!

I told her I had forgotten my deodorant and she said, "What!" Talk about getting caught red-handed.

Need to get up early tomorrow and head to the grocery store so I can buy everything I need to cook the beef stew and peach cobbler tomorrow. Wish me luck! I hope all goes well. Found out my 11 year old great-nephew will be spending the night over there tomorrow so instead of a four-adult evening, there will be that one minor complication. I will enjoy it as best as I can.

Sleep tight, ladies.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #917
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

you enjoy your time with the family. Lots of work, but you're blessing them big time! I'm excited for you!
Hope you can sleep tonight!
Funny about the deodorant... I would of known too... I can always tell when somebody's been in my house. Hopefully she has a good enough sense of humor.

Does your Dr know all that about what it takes to sleep? It may be a contributing factor in the fatigue? Not trying to pry, just wondering. Dr Oz talked about making sure you tell your Dr everything & how much we hold back from telling the whole truth. I'm normal after all

Good night sweetie
Old 10-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #918
Blabbermouth!!!

Busted !! lol !

Have a great time with your sis and family tomorrow ! It should be great
Old 10-02-2013, 04:11 AM   #919
Big Yapper!

But the weird thing is I didn't touch or move anything. I just looked for the deodorant and when I found it, I used it and set it right back on the dresser with the cap just setting on top, like she had it. It was spooky that she knew I was up there (or that someone was up there.) I think it was the dog! I swear. She and that dog are connected big-time. She's a die-hard German Shepard lover. Maybe they communicate when something is amiss. (And she said she's not mad. I told her I'd never let myself in again.)

It took hours to fall asleep tonight and I woke around 5. I've been awake ever since. I tell my Dr everything. I don't see any point in holding back information because if I do, he can't get to the bottom of my problems and actually find a way to help me. Not to worry!

I'm going to try to change the dinner to Thursday. I would like to have today to go shopping and do the prep work and then tomorrow I'll be fully rested and ready to make a beautiful meal. I chose Wednesday originally because I wanted to drop the car off at the mechanic tomorrow, but I'll just do it Friday and hope to get it back by the early afternoon on Saturday. That is if it will work for my sister. If it won't, I'll just do it today.

Have yourselves a lovely day today.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #920
Big Yapper!!!!

Either way you'll have a great evening! Sounds delicious!! You're going out w/ a bang (before the lighter eating comes). So happy for you! Too funny she knew someone had been in her house? Odd. Glad you came clean and even better she wasn't upset. Sounds like a good person you have there .
Old 10-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #921
Big Yapper!

Yeah, she's okay when she wants to be. She's just a living nightmare in her scattered nature. She simply can not for the life of her answer a direct question. It's maddening.

I couldn't change the date for dinner so I've been hopping all day. Went shopping and thank the Lord our little store in town had everything I needed. That has never happened to me before and I've lived here for over 7 years now.

The stew was a lot of prep work and then it braised for two hours in the oven. It's now finishing itself off with the potatoes and carrots added, for one more hour. I gave it a taste and it seems like it's missing something. Perhaps after the carrots and potatoes do their part, it will all come together.

Then I have to be ready to bump up the oven temp and pop in the peach cobbler. I asked my sister if I should cook the rolls over there cause they only take 15 minutes and she wrote back that she'd like everything ready to eat. I have no idea how to keep the buns from self destructing on the way over there. Maybe I can put them into a paper bag and then in a plastic bag. ???

I need to go get stuff out of my car so there is room for my dog, my mom and all this food. Plus mom's salad. Next time, I'm inviting them over HERE for dinner. This is fairly nuts.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #922
Blabbermouth!!!

I'd just leave them on the cookie sheet ...lay it on a towel if it's still hot . Have fun !
Old 10-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #923
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kristina
Stats: Pant size 22W Petite
Start Date: July 17, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I'm conscious again. I think I have restless leg syndrome. I move around a heck of a lot when I'm "sleeping."

Humidity and temps are sliding back up to where they usually are in August so I closed my windows and put my air conditioners back on last night. I'll keep them going until we're back into the comfortable 70's and hopefully low humidity. It's been so lovely.

Going back to work this afternoon. This coming Friday is the beginning of our annual country Fair. I am working Saturday and Sunday so Friday will be when I go. So far, I'm still going alone. I haven't asked around to too many people so it's my own fault. Some will say they can't afford it, others will say they have something else going on. My sister Robin would say that she'll be sleeping (she delivers news papers so she's up at very funky hours.) There's a chance that I won't go, either. I will be able to see the fireworks display from my house.

Well, I hope you all have a lovely day and I'll bbl to update on my adventures.
popping in to say hi I just clicked on this particular section and saw your comment about restless leg syndrome. Remember me from the Atkins threads? I am on Requip for this and it really helps. If you move around, do you think you might have apnea too? Have you ever had a sleep study? Untreated, I was exxxxhausted all the time. Could barely make it through the day without laying in bed for awhile. Well, back to reading your journal, have a lot to read to get caught up
kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #924
Big Yapper!

Holy cow, Kristina! You're going to try and read all through those posts? Good heavens, woman! It's nice to see you again and I do remember you. So you missed me, huh?

I am negative for sleep apnea, thank God. I think a lot of my restlessness at night has more to do with my inability to regulate my temperature. One leg out, same leg goes back in. It's an all night thing. I don't sweat, I just feel varying levels of discomfort. I have fans going even in the winter time because I need to feel the air moving around me.

I just had my hormone levels tested and my thyroid levels tested and I'm waiting to hear back from the Dr's office. I'll call them tomorrow and hound them again. I want some info!

The dinner went very well. My great-nephew who is 11 has grown by leaps and bounds. He was so mature! Up until the time I was kicking his @$$ at Yahtzee. Then he regressed back about 5 years in frustration. He had told my sister earlier in the day that he was going to beat me and then I was going to have to give him a piggy back ride. I offered to give him one anyway but I guess he felt he hadn't earned it cause he lost. We played one game and I got 3 Yahtzees! 475 points. Blew everyone out of the water.

The food came out good. Everyone enjoyed it and it was very much appreciated. I will definitely do it again but I said next time (or at least sometimes), I'd like for them to come to my house. Her husband can drive but she can't drive that far.

So anyway, It's 2235 right now and I've been up and basically "going" since around 5 or 6. I suspect I will have no trouble sleeping tonight. Sweet dreams, everyone. Ttyt. I'm off for two more days! Not sure which day I'll take the car to "the Dr." I'm so apprehensive about hearing the cost of repairing what's wrong with the power steering.

Night.

PS: Deb, love the new Avi.

Last edited by CherylB; 10-02-2013 at 07:43 PM..
Old 10-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #925
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Chery,
How awesome your family-dinner-date went!! I'm so happy for you. Hope you do get that "restful sleep" and some answers from your Dr. Definitely sounds like your thyroid, the temperature thing.
Funny about your nephew... my grand-daughters are very competitive too (same age) & LOVE to beat Grandpa! He loses honestly too.
Good night
Old 10-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #926
Big Yapper!

I was just over on your journal, so I'll say goodnight again over here and revisit your journal tomorrow. Sleep well!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:42 PM   #927
Blabbermouth!!!

Night Cheryl. Sounds like a fun time and I'm sure they really appreciated it

Sleep well !
Old 10-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #928
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Waving hello! Absolutely nothing new going on with me. Still half-a$$ed low carbing and still waiting on my bathroom to be finished. It's kinda stressful.
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #929
Big Yapper!

First, a little proud Auntie boasting! Read this about my nephew out in Indiana:

AWARDS
Leading in
Nathan (deleted) winner of Baxter’s Young investigator Award
Nathan (deleted), a postdoc in Dr. Kline’s lab, and husband of Anne (deleted), one of our third year residents, was recently awarded a Baxter Young Investigator Award. Nathan is one of six top-tier winners awarded $2000; they are all involved in doing research that can be applied to the development of therapies and medical products that could save and sustain patients’ lives. Nathan’s work focused on improving antibody purification, producing advanced medical diagnostics through oriented antibody immobilization, and development of next generation antibody/nanoparticle-based therapy by focusing on the highly conserved binding domain located within the antibody variable fragment, known as the nucleotide binding site (NBS). This was Nathan’s highly multidisciplinary area of focus while earning a PhD in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at the University of Notre Dame.
In September Nathan will be invited to describe his research interests to an audience of scientists and executives from Baxter International at their corporate headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois. He and the other first-tier recipients will get a special tour, lunch, and an evening reception.
Nathan is working in Dr. Kline’s research lab and is hard at solving the problem of delivering fibrinolytics. According to Daren Beam, “He is a wealth of information and worth his weight in gold.” Congratulations Nathan!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

Doesn't that blow your mind? It does mine!
Old 10-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #930
Big Yapper!

Hi, ladies. Sorry you sound so blasé today, Jess. How much longer on the bathroom remodel? Have they hit a snag that is slowing them down? Grab yourself a LC drinkiepoo and go lay out by the pool with your sunglasses on and play some music that will take you away for a while. Then come back to reality and thank the Lord for giving you the strength to have come this far and to be this patient.

I've got nothing planned today, and I LIKE it. I'm going to keep it that way. I got my main payday today so I know the landlady will be coming for the check. I put it outside in her little box that is on the side of the house. No doubt she may decide to mow the lawn while she's here so I went and did poop patrol. I must admit, I've gotten bad about that again. I think I was better when she almost always came at the end of the work week. I'd do the patrol on Thursday and it just worked well. The upstairs guy would do the patrol on Monday or Tuesday and there was a system in place. Now she mows just about whenever the mood strikes her.

Oh, I guess I lied. I do have one or two things I have on my agenda for today. Mr Fishy (my Betta) needs fresh water so I'll put him in the little cup he came in when I bought him and I'll clean his bowl up so it's squeaky clean, then put that stuff in the water so it makes tap water safe for him, and get the water temp as close to what he's currently in and then he will be Mr Happy Fishy.

I will take the car to the mechanic tomorrow morning. I'll call him and let him know that's the plan. Then he will have all Friday and Saturday morning to get the thing repaired, provided that I have enough money to fix it this month. I might have to learn to live with it. But it is a great upper-body workout.

Have a superior day, ladies. Time for me to do something else.

Last edited by CherylB; 10-03-2013 at 10:16 AM..