Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #871
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
I enjoyed your videos on FB ... they are so cute !

visiting with your sister will be much more fun than working Will be good for both of you !

Hope you had a good day !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #872
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Thanks, Laura! I did have a good day. I was signing out at work at 6 pm which never happens. Having perfect weather and experienced, motivated volunteers makes all the difference. The mini's got walked, groomed and grazed, Ellen the goat got to graze freely for almost the entire time I was there, and all the horses got groomed and then turned-in to their stalls. It went like clock work.

I forgot the dog-gone video camera and today I had numerous opportunities for great horse/goat/mini videos. I was so upset that I forgot it. I will have to remember to bring it on the weekends especially, cause in the PM on Sat/Sun, there are no lessons or volunteer riding lessons.

I took a short video of Ellen eating corn stalk leaves off of the parade float but it was with my phone and I don't know if I can get it to load. I'll try.

Late now and need to sleep. Wish me luck tomorrow. Working and side walking with one of the horses at 4 pm. That always makes me so tired, and then I have all my work to do after that. I wish they had enough volunteers so that they didn't need "us" to fill in the blanks. I only said I'd do it because the manager is off tomorrow and is going to be the team captain, tacking the horses for the lessons.

Almost midnight! Must do my "cool down" and get off the computer. Night, ladies.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:30 AM   #873
Big Yapper!

Little Miss Cissy woke me up to go out before 9 and now I'm awake when I should still be fast asleep, so before I (hopefully) doze off again, I'm catching up on the forum. It's another sunny, lovely day outside. Thank you, Lord! This is the way I always remembered Autumn being. Crisp, sunny, and little rain. I bet we're going to have a fabulous year for Autumn leaves. Will have to always remember to carry my camera and camcorder with me whenever I'm in the car. "Charge!" those batteries.

There is an outside chance that the manager is going to have me sit on our narrowest horse today but I don't know how that's going to fly. I do think I should start with that barrel and then work up to the horse but we shall see. And I would prefer to do this on a Sunday afternoon, when the volunteers have gone home and it's just me and her. If today is a flop, I'll ask if we can do it again on Sunday. She is off this coming weekend. I think.

I've decided to get my blood work done on Thursday, on my way to go get my sister. Then it will be done finally and I can get a window into what's going on inside of me. Maybe there is a med adjustment that will help me feel better. I hate being so tied to medications. I know generations prior to ours lived shorter lives, but they weren't all "doped up." Is longer better? (I'm talking lives here, people.)

What do y'all think of my new siggy pic? I love it! I found it on Facebook. In case you can't read it, it says:

"Life has no remote. Get up and change it yourself."

To those of us who were around before remote controls, this rings so true. I want to ingrain this into my brain. (And yet here I am trying to get back to sleep. I should strap on some shoes and take Cissy for a walk. Hmmmm..... Nah!)

The sun is noticeably lower in the sky. I have way more shade in my yard than during the summer. I dislike some things about summer and fall, but I do love watching the changes in each season. Without summer, there would be no flowers and leaves on the trees. You have to take the good with the difficult. Together, they make up a whole picture.

I'm one of the side walkers with Frodo in the 4 o'clock lesson today. God be with me. I don't want my shin splints to flair up again but they were short many side walkers today and the manager is going to be there to act as team captain. We need to pinch hit come what may.

So have a lovely day. Tammy, can't wait to hear about the apartments you saw yesterday. Text or post; it's your choice.

Last edited by CherylB; 09-23-2013 at 06:38 AM..
Old 09-23-2013, 07:00 AM   #874
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hope you have a great day today! Some big things to accomplish, hope it all goes smooth & you surprise yourself!

One of these days, its going to hit you & besides thinking it, you'll be doing it! One step at a time... you're getting your head there!

Hope your tests tell you something. Over medicating thyroid also makes you exhausted (I think)... that over-heating thing is so miserable! Can you possibly switch to natural thyroid? That made a huge difference for me.

Have a great Monday!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:10 AM   #875
Big Yapper!

I don't think so. (Switching.) I'm on Medicare and I don't know if they'll go for anything that isn't "garden variety" and cheap. I take generic everything, so long as there's a generic. I know they are identical to the name brand so that doesn't concern me, but the natural thyroid stuff is probably much harder to get and more expensive.

I hope you have a good Monday, too. My! You're up early. Is that your typical "rise and shine" time? (That's what Mom always said to us when we were kids. It didn't help but she said it.)
Old 09-23-2013, 08:39 AM   #876
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

6 am every work-day... 7 am if we get the chance on weekends. Fortunately I'm a morning person Yep! rise & shine... the birds are singing... (my mom)
Old 09-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #877
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning early birds !

the weather sounds wonderful Cheryl, I bet you would love walking Cissy in the cool early morning hours Could you try it and then catch a nap after lunch before you head to work ? How late do you usually sleep ?

I was up past 3am - could not fall asleep - up by 10

Have a great Monday ladies !
Old 09-23-2013, 09:26 AM   #878
Big Yapper!

I wish I was into mornings. Unfortunately, falling asleep is my form of insomnia and so napping is almost impossible. I envy those folks who can close their eyes, kick up their feet and just nod off. I can't nap even if I get into my favorite pj's, favorite position, and create the best environment possible. Basically, it sucks.

I never got back to sleep so today I trudge on through. We shall see how it plays out. VERY cool here and may not make it into the 60's. Predicted to be 38 tonight! Going to close the barn doors this evening when I leave, unless the boss ix-nays that idea. Brrrr!
Old 09-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #879
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Hello! Well, I was up with Chloe at 8 this morning. My dd's car went kaput yesterday! She's putting so much money into that car and she has a yr left to pay on it. She needs to see what the pay off is and check around to see if its possible for her to get a new car now. I believe most places will trade if the payoff is under $2000.
I have a hellish teethache! Yes, TEETH!!!! So I need to get to the dentist very soon. I have antibiotics I'm taking so hoping I can hold off on the dentist til next week when dh is on afternoons. This is making my ear hurt too! UGH!
I went to see the apartments. One was really nice and had washer/dryer hookups too. The other had character I loved like a pocket door between living room and kitchen and a fire place and built in china cupboard in the kitchen. It had real hardwood floors in the living room and huge windows! Tons of light! BUT the bedroom was so small. After putting my bed and 2 dressers in there, there'd be NO room! And no counter space in kitchen. So, idk what to do! The 1st place sits way back off the road and is nice. But I wasn't completely satisfied with it. So I think the search continues.
Took Chloe with me yesterday to shop and wound up buying halloween decorations for her. She loves them! This is the first "holiday" she knows whats going on and its exciting. She wants to be mini mouse for trick or treat.
My son said he'll be home soon!!!! I don't know what "soon" is. It could be a month or 3 months! But it was nice seeing "I'll be home soon mom". These ppl here say when he says he'll be home in a month, I'll pack my bags! LOL They're probably right! LOL
Well, have a nice day today! ttys!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #880
Big Yapper!

Tammy, so sorry about your dd's car and your teeth. Geez Louise! How old is her car and what will be done with your teeth when you can get into a dentist? Will they need to be pulled? Root canal? Ouch! I hate when they make your ear hurt. Usually the sign I have is an ear ache and don't realize it's related to a tooth until days later.

If you haven't found an apartment that feels homey yet, it's best to keep looking. So important that you feel like you made the right decision. Maybe it would be a good idea to contact a realtor in that area, too. Sometimes they have information on rentals that we might not have access to.

What a teaser, to know he's coming back in what he considers to be a short period of time, yet you don't know how long that will take. I would go nuts with wondering and trying to figure it out. Does he know about you and dh or are you going to wait til he's home to tell him? I guess he doesn't need that on his mind while he's over there.

I should have just stayed awake and not tried to get back to sleep. I failed and now it's 2:30 in the afternoon and I feel so tired. I have to drag my butt to work and do the side walking. I hope (dear Lord) that I have helpers to do the barn chores. If not, the paddocks might get left until tomorrow.

I'll bbl. Have a nice rest of your day, ladies.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #881
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hey! Just checking in. It's so much nicer working w/ the horses when it's cooler!! Enjoy this lovely fall weather. Hope your sleep improves tonight and you're up for a walk tomorrow. I've just started back to walking myself, and I love it! I forgot how nice it it. It's finally getting cooler here ESP in the morning. Love it!

Have a great Monday!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #882
Big Yapper!

I'm so glad it's cooler out there, if only in the mornings. Today we never got out of the 50's, I don't think. I probably gave the weather forecast in my earlier post. If not, it's going all the way down to 38 degrees tonight. It's just a weird thing and then it will warm up for the rest of the week.

It was such a busy day. We have on ongoing shortage of side walkers on Monday. I didn't know that until I got home and read the email, announcing the need. Lucky me; I work every Monday. And when the show must go on, guess who has to pitch in and help? I agreed to side walk at 4pm but then there was no one to help me do the barn work. It was so hectic. I somehow got it all done and tucked everyone in for the night. All's well that ends well.

One more day of work, then I'm off for two. Looking forward to that. When I work Saturday, it seems like such a long run of days.

Have a good night, everyone.

Last edited by CherylB; 09-23-2013 at 05:25 PM..
Old 09-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #883
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You did it!!
Nice to have today behind. Its amazing how we plug on & get the impossible done! I feel that way sometimes too, when deadlines come on me unexpectedly.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #884
Big Yapper!

Yep. I did it. I'm still grouchy, though. Hope you have a lovely evening. I'm going to try and sleep better tonight. I forgot to go and buy more Benadryl. That's part of my problem. The Restoril tips me in the direction of sleep and the Benadryl keeps me under longer. I know. I'm a mess.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #885
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad your day is over ! Get some rest !
Old 09-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #886
Big Yapper!

I'm back at it. (Wakefulness, that is.) I just made a pot of coffee and I could hear that things weren't going as they should be. Somehow the water was running through the machine faster (WAY faster) than it should have. I am guessing it will be undrinkable. Will check it out in a while, after I finish the cup of the left-over stuff from yesterday. Yes, I like to nuke coffee from the day before and then add the cream and liquid splenda to it. I can't tell the difference from when it was freshly brewed.

A little warmer today. Probably 10 degrees so it will be lovely and I should have a helper or two at work. I'm relieved. I will enjoy the break. I really hope they show. I'm the one who is acting as the team captain for making sure the horses are groomed, tacked and ready for the lessons and I welcome that job. When the manager is doing it, it's chaos. Sometimes the best thing I can do is to get as far away from her as possible, so I can get out of reach and out of ear-shot. She's at the center of the storm she creates and then she sets us all off into little swirling tornados all around her, in response to her commands. OY.

I took some nudie pictures of myself last night after the farm. I wanted to get an idea of how I look when I am bent over, etc. It's amazing how blind I am to how big I really am. I know many very overweight people suffer the same disconnect from their bodies and they think they aren't that bad. Pictures don't lie. Now to decide how to start to turn the tide.

Have a nice day, ladies. Bbl.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #887
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Yep. I did it. I'm still grouchy, though. Hope you have a lovely evening. I'm going to try and sleep better tonight. I forgot to go and buy more Benadryl. That's part of my problem. The Restoril tips me in the direction of sleep and the Benadryl keeps me under longer. I know. I'm a mess.
at the grouchy! Sleep is a big factor in my pleasantness

Quote:
I'm back at it. (Wakefulness, that is.) I just made a pot of coffee and I could hear that things weren't going as they should be. Somehow the water was running through the machine faster (WAY faster) than it should have. I am guessing it will be undrinkable. Will check it out in a while, after I finish the cup of the left-over stuff from yesterday. Yes, I like to nuke coffee from the day before and then add the cream and liquid splenda to it. I can't tell the difference from when it was freshly brewed.

A little warmer today. Probably 10 degrees so it will be lovely and I should have a helper or two at work. I'm relieved. I will enjoy the break. I really hope they show. I'm the one who is acting as the team captain for making sure the horses are groomed, tacked and ready for the lessons and I welcome that job. When the manager is doing it, it's chaos. Sometimes the best thing I can do is to get as far away from her as possible, so I can get out of reach and out of ear-shot. She's at the center of the storm she creates and then she sets us all off into little swirling tornados all around her, in response to her commands. OY.

I took some nudie pictures of myself last night after the farm. I wanted to get an idea of how I look when I am bent over, etc. It's amazing how blind I am to how big I really am. I know many very overweight people suffer the same disconnect from their bodies and they think they aren't that bad. Pictures don't lie. Now to decide how to start to turn the tide.

Have a nice day, ladies. Bbl.
How'd the coffee go? My only issues are when I don't put the pot in correctly-disaster! The thing overflows from the basket and makes a huge mess!! Then I not only don't wake up to my lovely cup o joe, but then I have to clean up the mess (those grounds get everywhere!) but then rebrew my pot!! Don't mess w/ my coffee! :coffee: I get that disconnect, it goes both ways. Up and down the scale my mind takes a while to catch up! Hope you find what will work for you!
Old 09-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #888
Big Yapper!

The first pot didn't taste right so I dumped it and made another one. I stood and listened and it seemed to sound more normal, but I don't usually stand and listen to it. I did think the second pot came out better. Maybe it's time to follow the instructions and actually clean it the way it should be cleaned. I hate how HOT the coffee is when it's freshly brewed. I think that's why I enjoy nuking it the next day. I choose how hot to make it.

Work went better today. Had helpers but one of the women just rubs me the wrong way. You know how two people just seem to always read each other the wrong way? That's me and her. She seems so snide and looking to find fault. One time she was walking by the paddock I was in and she was walking with the director of the program. I called out, "Is Frodo in a lesson today?" She called back "No." The next thing I hear is her saying, "You're welcome!" I thought WTH!? Did she expect a thank you for answering my question? So I actually followed them back to the barn to clear that up. The director went inside and I took that chance to ask her about it. She said that I said "thank you" but I truly don't think I did. Why would I? And why would she answer so loudly? You just know when you are dealing with a *itch. She doesn't like me, so I don't like her. I don't like ANYONE who doesn't like me. It's a no-brainer.

I'm always driving home in the pitch dark now. I need to find a way to get the babies tucked in earlier so I can get the heck out of there. I have really bad night blindness. It's no joke. And when they "fall back" with the clock, it will only be darker. OMG. I need to make some changes and get them inside and tucked in earlier.

My sister and I decided what we are doing this Thursday. She was already going to swim and go for her walk before I met up with her. She's a power-house of exercise. So if we walked, it was just going to be somewhere scenic and at a very leisurely pace. But if she's already done all that exercise before 1 pm, she doesn't need anymore exercise. We decided to go to The Olive Garden for their soup/salad/breadsticks lunch. I just want to sit and talk with her since she's going through so much emotional and physical stuff right now. I need to hear her out and let her talk. And in the meantime, I need to fill my face.

So since the Olive Garden isn't much farther from where she swims, she's going to meet me there. I don't have to pick her up. That saves me from having to clean out the back seat of my car and make room for her dog to join mine back there. I'll leave Cisco at home. She's got a "service dog" thing for her pooch so she goes inside anywhere she goes. The dog just lays down under the table and is very well-behaved.

I can't believe I wrote this much cause my heart wasn't even into coming onto LCF tonight. I'm going to copy/paste it and put it elsewhere. Night, all. Sleep tight and thanks for listening. I'm off for two days now. I hear we have some tropical storm type thing coming to us on Sunday/Monday. Very interesting. We shall see.

Last edited by CherylB; 09-24-2013 at 08:08 PM..
Old 09-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #889
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So glad your day went better. I know those kind of people too & have a difficult time with them as well. Because I'm a really "open" person I get myself in deep doo-doo too often with one, who is my daughter's MIL... so, I have to limit my time with her & TRY to remember to be selective in what I say. Still get in trouble, cause I just don't think the way she does & say things that she twists around... oh well, can't win 'em all, but I sure try! Problem is, she's so lonely & wants to be "close."
Sounds like a good "date" with your ds Olive garden is a yummy, classy place... I took my ds there once & my poor dh has never got the chance to go to one... which he keeps reminding me of! Course we don't have any around here.
I don't care much for driving in the dark either. Hope you can figure out a way to get off earlier.
Brave what you did with pictures. Hope it works "for" you & doesn't discourage you.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #890
Big Yapper!

Well I can see why she's lonely. So sad, really. She's making people want to run from her yet she wants closeness. Catch 22. I love Olive Garden and I read recently that they and Red Lobster are potentially going down the tubes, even with lower pricing. I almost never go out to eat because I'm always alone. So, since I'm getting together with sis and she's already done her exercise, why not eat and enjoy our time together?

I am going to give my Mom equal time next week. I won't include her this Thursday cause it's important that we just have some sister time, but I'll let her know she's next on my list. We'll do something fun, too. And next week, I'll have money! I'm riding out the last of September on fumes again. Typical scenario.

I think taking those pictures was just something I needed to do. I had to see what I look like to other people. Not that they see me naked, but I had to "strip myself bare" of all the coverings and just really take a good look at what I'm doing to myself. Is it really worth it to continue these behaviors that keep me trapped in this body? I keep hoping for a real breakthrough. I've had them before, I believe they are still possible.

Night.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #891
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just checkin in real quick. I have a horrible TEETHACHE! Going to the dentist at 6. It's brought me to tears more than once. My ear is hurting from it also. My cousin is a dental asst at this office and I've never been there. Its not real far either. I just want this pain to go! The whole right side of my face is hurting and my throat is swollen too. Part of my lower tooth broke off and thats what has started this. It was fixed some yrs ago. Well, don't feel like talking more. ttys.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #892
Big Yapper!

I'm so sorry, Tammy. I hope they can give you something for the pain as well as do something to fix what's causing it. Hang in there, honey. Let us know how it went.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #893
Big Yapper!

It was so nice to have a day of rest! Tomorrow I have my blood drawn and then meet my sister for lunch. Haven't had a lunch (or dinner) date in a very long time. I'm going to eat and enjoy my meal and then make plans for October. (Just made a lunch date with my Mom for October 2nd when I get paid.) I am really at the end of my rope and can not hold on any longer. I have to get this weight coming off me again and resume my quest for good health and happiness in my own skin.

I'm thinking of going back to low carb but with exercising too. I never did LC while exercising and I think that's where I went wrong. I was also very strict about it. I wouldn't eat a carrot if someone put a gun to my head. This time I will be more relaxed and just eat those things on occasion rather than not at all.

I will also try and track my calories cause at my age and with all the metabolic damage I've done to myself over the years with dieting (and being hypothyroid), I have to accept the fact that my body doesn't need a lot of fuel. I might not go hog-wild with fats this time, either. I won't restrict them but I won't use them with abandon either.

Over time, as I work through my freezer full of meat that is getting older by the minute, I will incorporate organic and grass-fed, free-range stuff into my plan. I hope I can someday afford to only eat organic stuff. I think that is something that would make a huge difference in how I feel.

So, there's my plan. I will be dusting off the crock pot and heading back to Linda's website for LC recipes. I'm going in, beginning October 3. It's a date!

Last edited by CherylB; 09-25-2013 at 05:16 PM..
Old 09-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #894
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's so awesome that your Mom is still alive & close enough for you to visit with. What a blessing!
Hope you got a good walk in with Cissy today.

Tay I hope your toothache is gone now! They can be so debilitating! I've had to have a few root canals, and so has dh. He had an infection in the root, which acted the same way as yours sounds. Good to take care of ASAP!
Old 09-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #895
Big Yapper!

Yes, I'm glad I'm not an orphan. I lost my Dad 12 years ago. Hard to believe it.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #896
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That nasty tooth got pulled! Its still numbed up good. He gave me some pain meds to take too. Its gonna hurt when the novacaine wears off he said. It came out easy, thank goodness. My dd bought me some pudding and jello for the next couple days. I've lost 3 lbs in the last few days from not being able to eat. I'M STARVING!!! LOL
Well, gonna rest and watch XFactor.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #897
Big Yapper!

Oh, thank God that's gone now. I hope the pain isn't too bad when the novocain wears off. Losing a few lbs is a nice bonus for your trouble, though. I hope you feel much better tomorrow. Get some sleep tonight. Hopefully Chloe won't wake up too early.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #898
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

She fell asleep with her mom last night, but came in my room at 3 a.m. telling me she was wet! I was awake, sitting up taking a pain pill. I asked her if she wanted to go back with mom but she said "lay down with mamaw". She went right back to sleep and woke up at 8. Then I told her to wake up mommy. I wasn't getting up yet! LOL
Well, as soon as my dd gets back home I'm going back to sleep. ttys!
Old 09-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #899
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
Just checkin in real quick. I have a horrible TEETHACHE! Going to the dentist at 6. It's brought me to tears more than once. My ear is hurting from it also. My cousin is a dental asst at this office and I've never been there. Its not real far either. I just want this pain to go! The whole right side of my face is hurting and my throat is swollen too. Part of my lower tooth broke off and thats what has started this. It was fixed some yrs ago. Well, don't feel like talking more. ttys.
Sounds bad! An infection maybe? Glad they pulled it and hope you're feeling better soon!

Quote:
It was so nice to have a day of rest! Tomorrow I have my blood drawn and then meet my sister for lunch. Haven't had a lunch (or dinner) date in a very long time. I'm going to eat and enjoy my meal and then make plans for October. (Just made a lunch date with my Mom for October 2nd when I get paid.) I am really at the end of my rope and can not hold on any longer. I have to get this weight coming off me again and resume my quest for good health and happiness in my own skin.

I'm thinking of going back to low carb but with exercising too. I never did LC while exercising and I think that's where I went wrong. I was also very strict about it. I wouldn't eat a carrot if someone put a gun to my head. This time I will be more relaxed and just eat those things on occasion rather than not at all.

I will also try and track my calories cause at my age and with all the metabolic damage I've done to myself over the years with dieting (and being hypothyroid), I have to accept the fact that my body doesn't need a lot of fuel. I might not go hog-wild with fats this time, either. I won't restrict them but I won't use them with abandon either.

Over time, as I work through my freezer full of meat that is getting older by the minute, I will incorporate organic and grass-fed, free-range stuff into my plan. I hope I can someday afford to only eat organic stuff. I think that is something that would make a huge difference in how I feel.

So, there's my plan. I will be dusting off the crock pot and heading back to Linda's website for LC recipes. I'm going in, beginning October 3. It's a date!
Sounds like a good plan. LC helps curb appetite too which I appreciate! I love my crockpot, and like that I can take meat right from the freezer to it. Saves me a lot of time and planning! I've been working through my freezer too, need to get it cleared out and restock once good sales come. Planning keeps us all on track enjoy your last few days of eating whatever, it is fun and if you carb up some you'll be really ready for LC!
Old 09-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #900
Big Yapper!

Mamaw! Wet diapers at 0300 really aren't exciting but the love of a little bug like her is. Was this an accident she had or is she still in diapers? I forget but I remember you used to talk about potty training. I could have you confused with someone else, though. Anyway, I hope you had time to nap later on when your dd got home and I hope your mouth is feeling better.

Thanks, Julie. I had a good time with my sister today. It's upsetting to really accept what is happening with her health. I know I block it out because it's too much for me to fully grasp. I don't want to believe things are happening the way they are. Both she and her husband of over 35 years (give or take) are in such terrible health. Both disabled from their jobs and now facing the eventual sale of their home and moving out of state. They don't know when that will happen but she did tell me that on November 30th, her son and his wife will know where she's been accepted. She's a Resident ER Dr and he's a PHD Science guy. She applied on both coasts. I guess it's somewhat of a lottery. I don't understand it in the slightest.

She said they won't just move immediately to wherever they go cause there are no grandkids involved yet and they said they want to find some time to travel once they've sold the house. They want to experience some freedom and I can totally appreciate that. It's just so hard to see life turning out so differently than you thought it would. I don't know if any of us can get through the entirety of our lives and not feel this to some degree.

The Olive Garden soup/salad/breadsticks deal was cheaper than I thought it was. $8! (Less than but only by a smidge.) I felt bad not leaving a bigger tip cause of all the trips the waitress made back and forth to our table but how much should you tip for an $8 bill? I wish I wasn't so broke cause I would have liked to give her a little more. I think it worked out to about 15%.

Long story short, I told my mom I was doing this dinner date with my sister today for some sister time, and then I told her I'd do something with her next week when I got paid. Well, after talking to sister at lunch today and hearing how little she actually does drive or get out of the house (and cook), I told her that Mom and I would make a dinner for the two of them and bring it over next week. We will eat it as a foursome and play Yahtzee or something afterward. It will lift her spirits and prove that I can cook.

So I'm making a beef stew, rolls, peach cobbler and I asked my Mom to make a tossed green salad (I'm hoping she makes the fancy one with nuts and pomegranate seeds and gorgonzola cheese but I will let her mull it over a bit.) It will be a treat for them and God knows how many treats like this I really owe them for all that they've done for us in the family for over the past two decades. I guess it's time for me to step up and be the strong one. I've always perceived her to be that person. She can't be anymore.

So I guess the thing that is most affecting her health right now (of many chronic things) is left temporal lobe epilepsy. She has seizures but they are sometimes like losing periods of time. People can't tell she's having one unless maybe if they were in the middle of a conversation and it happens. She has no business driving but she said she only drives to two places now. Not even to the local grocery store or anything else. That makes my heart break. If I couldn't drive wherever and whenever I wanted to, I'd feel trapped.

SO, I don't know when my actual start date for LC will be but I'm not going to get hung up on dates and numbers on a scale or little discrepancies here and there which are sometimes necessary in life. I'm going to do this more like I've heard someone talk about another program they're doing. Where they are 100% on plan 80% of the time, and they allow themselves 20% to be "human." I may start my plan before the dinner I'm making and just call that dinner at my sisters my 20% for that week. I will just see how it goes.

I used to make these homemade crescent rolls when I was a teenager. I don't know where I got the recipe but it was my contribution to our family holiday meals and I haven't made them since then. My sister has asked me to make them a time or two but I always copped out. I think this time I will give them a go. They won't be as good as if they were just taken out of the oven, but I'll bet I can get them over there and they will still taste fresh.

Last edited by CherylB; 09-26-2013 at 05:59 PM..