Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Cheryl.....Chloe is so much better today. Eating and drinking is back! Last night she asked for pizza so we ordered some. She ate a little of the toppings and some crust. But this morning she asked for it again and ate a slice.
Oh, she was skating in the avi. Her first time going and she loved it.
How's your day going? I'm resting. My legs and feet are swollen. We're cooking on the grill tonight, can't wait for some grilled hot dogs! Mmmm LOL
I'll be on later. ttys!
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #62
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
That's wonderful, Tammy. I'm so glad she's feeling like herself again. And so glad it wasn't pneumonia. How's Shawn? What's the status on all things Army right now? If you'd rather I follow you and all that on your other thread, I'll do that. I know it can get time-consuming to post stuff in more than one place. But thank you Lord for "copy/paste"!

I'm glad you mentioned grilling because that was exactly what I needed to hear. I'm in such a "take out/delivery" rut and it's expensive and terrible for all things "weight loss." If I get back into grilling, I can save a ton of money and eat healthier. Cheeseburgers!! YUM! I love hot dogs, too. I have some very yummy pork chops in the freezer, too. I vacuum-sealed them when I got them home so they should be as fresh as if I just bought them.

I've never grilled pork chops but how hard can it be?

Have a wonderful night, ladies. I'm enjoying my 2nd of 3 days off work. The landlady came and mowed the lawn for the first time this year and it looks amazing. I went out and put fresh water in the bird feeders, watered all the flower beds, put my enormous house plant on the front porch (it loves the months when it can be outside. Not sure what it's called), and also took my "City Pickers" boxes out on the porch and tried to envision where I will keep them (probably they're going to go on the side walk, that will allow them to get sun all day long.)

All they'll need is some sort of "tee-pee" type of structure that will support the tall, climbing things. Sort of like a ladder but very basic stuff. I'll make something to fit the need, if I can't find something off the store shelf.

I got my one big monthly payday today so now I can go shopping for the soil and lime and fertilizer, etc. I hope somebody is selling the little veggie plants somewhere. Last week they didn't have any, but I didn't check larger places like Home Depot. Growing stuff is fun. And this will be almost maintenance-free. No weeding, no slugs, no cut worms, no nothing!

I'm expecting dinner to arrive any minute now. Yummy but keeping my weight up over 200 still. I hope to God I can finally get under 200 soon. I am stuck in such a destructive pattern. Been going on for more months than I care to count.

PS: I also figured out a way to make a "doggy door" in the sense that there is a window that is low enough for Cisco to go in and out of when I'm not here. I opened it up and raised the screen and then used treats to teach her to go in and out and told her it was her doggy door. We had one for years so it didn't take long before she became comfortable with it. Now I just have to accept the fact that someone may rob me blind one day when I'm at the farm. The window will be closed when I'm home.

Also have to accept that the upstairs doggy will be inside, too. I'll put up a child gate so they can only access two rooms. He's a scent-marking kind of guy.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Chloe does have pneumonia. I thought I told you. The radiologist misread it and her drs caught it. Its in her left lung. Thats why they gave her steroids and shes on amoxicilin twice a day. But we got her to the dr quick enough that it didn't get worse than it was. Its a small area, if we had waited it would have spread.
Shawn.....He'll be going soon. I can say when he's gone after he is there. I can't say a date or say exactly where hes going. I'm calling him tomorrow.
You're such a good "mom" to Cisco! You made her very happy.
Well I'm tired. Good night and ttys!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 05-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #64
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
at the doggy door! It is a great idea! Maybe Cisco can protect your place when you're gone? Glad you will be gardening soon! O need to get back to it, and water more. Dd(9) really helps with it. We have some cherry tomatoes already and lettuce. I wish I was more knowledgeable about gardening here in the SW. AZ is so different from back in PA.

Enjoy your day off and paycheck! Grilling sounds nice, and we have the stuff for it, but dh can not get the gas connected correctly so we can use the darned thing! i guess i will be broiling tonight!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #65
Big Yapper!

Tammy, I just went back and read the texts. You said "it's NOT pneumonia" and then the next thing you wrote was that the Dr was reviewing the x-rays and said maybe pneumonia in the left lower lobe and Bronchitis. I guess the "it's NOT pneumonia" made a lasting impression and the other part did not.

Julie~ "Protect the place while I'm gone": I wish she would but she's just the kind of dog that barks at people who are walking down the street past the house because they aren't coming over to pet her. Maybe you're right, though. Her bark does have a seriousness about it.

Sorry about the gas grill problems. Grilling is so great. I hope he can get it fixed soon. Tis the season! And as far as gardening in AZ, I hear ya! You should really check out those things I bought. They are called "City Pickers." They aren't that expensive, either.

Have a nice day, everyone. Tammy, hope Chloe continues to improve. Totally understand about keeping info on the down-low with the military. Been there before and know all about it. Hope God is giving you peace.

Laundry day for me! I ran out of dryer sheets and forgot to buy more so I'll throw some second-hand ones in there and will hope for the best. Static cling is a bummer.

Last edited by CherylB; 05-04-2013 at 09:02 AM..
Old 05-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi,
Yep, I use the BBQ year round. LOVE it!
And BBQ pork chops are my fav! We get local farm raised pork & its so delicious... I just sprinkle with garlic powder. Can build up the grease in the bbq though.

We use a window for our cat-door, on a piece of plywood cut to fit the window, with the plastic cat-door installed in the plywood. Works year round. We'd have too many mice coming in if we left a full window open. Hope it works well for you.

Sounds like you're having a good time-off.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Having a bad night here. You can guess why. I'll text you tomorrow about it.
Chloe had a visit with her dad today and they played until she fell asleep on my lap. She made it 2 hours. She tires quickly. He was disappointed, but understood.
My dd went to her bf's mom's surprise bday party. She turned 60 and you know what? She was sad Chloe wasn't there. She was here Friday to see Chloe and I can say she loves Chloe and Chloe loves her. Anyways, she went for a few hours and came home. Chloe didn't see her all day. When she got home, Chloe was sleeping.
well, I'm going to try to sleep. ttyt
Old 05-05-2013, 08:52 AM   #68
Big Yapper!

That's a good idea for your cat door, Debby. I have cat doors all over the place in this duplex. I just wish there was one dog door. I looked at both storm/screen doors to see if I could lock either of them and open it with a key. I can't do that with those, so I didn't bother asking the landlady if I could install a dog door.

That's when I started looking at other options. I won't do the open window thing for a few days at least, because of all the freecyclers who were supposed to come for the plant and have my address and for one reason or another never came. This is why I never post things for the taking on freecycle. I only did it this time because I thought someone would want it bad enough to do the work of digging it up for me. HA!

I dug it up and wrapped the leaves with a bungee but couldn't get all the way down the root structure to actually free it. When I do, I'm going to take it for a drive down the road and set it in a place where someone will stop, gawk in amazement, and drive home thanking God for such a blessing. Maybe the dog-gone thing wants to continue living here.

Back to work today! First day of my first week of four barn days in a row. I hope I can get in the groove cause it will be this way until the end of October, at least.

Tammy, I'm sorry you are having a tough time. If you text, I'll be working but I'll get back to you tonight. I haven't been getting home until after 8 but hopefully today I can get out by 7. I'm glad Chloe's dad is getting into the swing of visitations with her! Finally, right? Sounds like she is one very loved kid.

So what's on your list of things to do today, ladies? I hope your Sunday is lovely. We're still in this very dry, sunny and coolish weather. Spring is revealing itself daily. It's so much fun to look out the window or look around and see what changed from yesterday!

Did I mention that I have a nesting Robin in the tree just off my bedroom? She's using an old nest that was there last year but it looks like there is a newer nest on top of it. There are some blue eggs in there but I can't tell how many. She scares easily. I pray the neighborhood cats don't get any of the nesting birdies and their hatchlings. I know they have instincts but they also are getting cat food at home.

My sister Donna and her hubby are driving to Maryland today to bring a bunch of furniture and personal items to their daughter's new first-ever home. They will be down there for about 9 days but they are going to drive back to CT for another load of stuff and return to Maryland. That's a heck of a lot of driving. All because her hubby hates to tow a trailer behind the truck. She tried to convince him but just gave in. The secret to a happy marriage is learning to pick your battles.

Well, I guess I'll go toss my clothes in the dryer and get another cup of coffee. Have a great day, ladies.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:40 PM   #69
Big Yapper!

I had my first incident at the farm today. I had two well-seasoned volunteers with me and they were knocking off paddocks and stuff left and right. We had a little extra time and I have been feeling bad for the three minis. They have no grass in their area and it drives them literally insane having the grass just out of reach. Domenic had his @$$ (no pun intended) against the metal fence and he was trying to bust it down! I kid you not.

So I had the two ladies go with me into the mini pen with their halters and lead ropes and each with a handful of grass. We managed to get their halters on but Candy was the toughest. She kept trotting away. It wasn't my idea to take Candy but somehow when the halters were being handed out, that's the one I received. Truthfully, I don't know which goes to who cause we almost never apply them.

We lead the minis out into a sunny area with lush grass. We stood there letting them munch and I also let our goat Ellen out so she could roam and graze. She came over to be with us but she ended up head-butting Candy, then she went to her own little area. Was all for the best.

The volunteers on Sunday are a mother/daughter duo. The mother said, "Should I go get some brushes? Maybe we can groom them at the same time." I said yes and she came back with brushes and a shedding blade. These minis are not used to being handled. I should have seen this developing but I didn't.

So in the meantime, I'm simply trying to touch Candy. She's ready to bolt with even the slightest twitch of her lead rope or touch from me. Slowly she starts to accept my touch and I use my bare hand and stroke down her back and shake off the masses of shedding fur.

The mother gives me this pitiful glove that has little knobs on it. I give it a whirl and quickly decided it wasn't worth a damn. So I took the shedding blade and slowly began grooming her on her left side. This was the side that her mane naturally cascades down on, so I really couldn't groom her neck at all. She has very dense mane.

So she let me shed blade her entire left side. When I went to slowly walk around her face to the right side of her, she got that panicked ready-to-flee look in her eyes. I soothed her and went very slowly, then she relaxed and started to eat grass again. I bent over (she's a mini, remember) and started to brush her neck and suddenly WHAM! Her head hit my head like a baseball bat hitting a ball.

I had an instant shot of pain and I said, "That's going to be a concussion!" I instinctively put my hand to my head and then all of a sudden, blood started streaming off my head and onto the ground. It was running down my arm and dripping all over my shirt. I said, "Let's put them back into their stalls" and just started walking to the nearest gate that would allow me to get into the house and see what had happened.

I have about a 3/4" long slice just above the bridge of my nose. It's all swollen between my eyes and my eyebrows but the blood and gore is over. I haven't got a headache and there's no sign of a bruise yet, but I'm thinking it's going to look a hell of a lot worse tomorrow. I'll probably forget about it and then scream when I look into the mirror!

I iced it and did first aid at the farm, then put a round bandaid with neosporin on it. Thank God I had those two veteran volunteers. However, if I hadn't had them, the minis would have stayed in their paddock. I create most of the madness in my own world. Ever feel that way?

I'm so thankful that she didn't impact my nose cause it would have been broken for sure. I did check Candy and looked all over her head and I didn't see a thing wrong with her, so the damage was all mine. OMG, ladies. It was a gusher! A horror flick before my very eyes.

Happy Cinco De Mayo!
Old 05-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Wow , Cheryl that must have hurt like crazy. :/ You just never know what will spook an animal .....

Hope your bruise, and you know there will be one, isn't too terribly bad. Can't believe you don't have a headache. No dizziness ??

Take care and keep the ice on. (hugs)
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #71
Big Yapper!

I know it, Laura! No headache at all. No dizziness, no weakness, lightheadedness, etc. I iced it at the farm but haven't done it since I got home. I have a nice round bandaid in place and if I ice it, that will be no good. I prefer to keep it covered for tonight.

I'm so glad that she didn't break my nose. I am hereby DONE feeling sorry for the minis. The less I have to handle them the happier and better-off I'll be. These are not tame beings. Candy least of all!

I don't know why but my lower left leg is crampy. My head feels fine and my left calf is pinching me. Go figure! I took something for it but so far it hasn't helped. Will try a heating pad next. Maybe some good-old muscle rub ointment. That would probably be the most effective.

Well, I'll check in tomorrow and tell you how it looks by then.

I hope your Cinco De Mayo was better than mine!!!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Cheryl! so sorry you got hurt!

Wow, that's just so bad... if it was me, I would of passed out right there. I'm sure glad you didn't! And that it wasn't worse.

Hope the pain ends and you get a good sleep.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #73
Big Yapper!

No pain or headache at all, but I do have a bruise and swelling. I'll post the pics I just took within this past hour. At first I didn't see anything when I passed a mirror when just waking up, but when I actually stopped to look, it was clear I had a lasting reminder. I'll be wearing sunglasses as much as possible.

The pictures also show me that I have GOT to start wearing sunscreen. I'm turning into one big freckle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 009.JPG (95.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 011.JPG (89.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 05-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #74
Big Yapper!

I see now that I should never have been grooming Candy. She's much too reactive and it was too big a leap for her. Just having her on the lead rope, munching grass and being gently touched was the best I could have hoped for that day. But the volunteer asked if she should go get the brushes so we could groom them while they grazed and I'm very quick to respond with a yes. Grooming the other two wasn't such a bad idea, but grooming Candy was a big mistake. One I won't soon forget!
Old 05-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ouch! Oh Ouch!! I bet its gonna get a lot more colorful !
So glad the pain is gone & you're healing up. Some lessons are harder learned.

You are right! Beautiful freckle-face
Old 05-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #76
Big Yapper!

I never think of myself as having freckles so it must be being out in the sun so much each week that's bringing them out. I will do what I can to tone them down because I don't want all those spots. It's so funny when you see a picture of yourself. Somehow that's not what you see in the mirror!

What a hectic day it was at the farm. I had a volunteer who is very "green." She's eager which is good, but she is constantly asking questions and wanting to do things that she is in no way qualified to do. And all the questions!!! I did my best to field them but it was like having a child hanging on your leg and following you around all day. She's about 15 or so. OY!

I wore sunglasses most of the time and thankfully, I didn't get told to take them off. I didn't get much validation from the manager when I showed her my face. I guess you really have to be crippled to receive real sympathy. (You can't wear glasses cause the horses need to read your eyes. It can spook them, too.)

I found a long line of crusty stuff under the entire length of Cowboy's face. I had the manager check it out and she couldn't figure it out. It's itchy though and so she's going to put some cortisone cream on it. Poor boy.

I pulled in the driveway to park and the first thing I saw was that the three mini's were in a different paddock. I screamed NO! (to myself.) Those buggers are a pain to catch. Put that on the back-burner and went about my day. There was another young lady there to be a leader for one of the horses at a later lesson and she offered to help me do paddocks and whatever, so that was really nice.

One bad thing that happened is she brought Calvin and Lola down herself and she ditched Cal's halter and lead rope in a very strange place. When I was looking all over the freaking place for it to take him to the barn (for the 6 o'clock lesson; riders here already), I found the halter tossed in a pile beside Lola's stall, on some rocks. Instructor comes by, "We need them at the barn now." Lola's being held nearby because if she is taken to the barn and he is left behind, all hell would break loose.

We get them down to the barn and give them a very quick groom, then it turns out there was nobody to tack Calvin. I start looking for what he wears and put it on him the best I know how. Thought I was doing pretty good until the Instructor came in and said the saddle was too far back. All the straps had to be undone and everything moved.

Pressure! I don't do well in the heat of chaos. That is why I can no longer work as a nurse. (Well, one of the reasons.) And this was AFTER Cowboy broke through the electric fence twice to get to the better grass. (Electric fence not turned on during program.) The young girl was so eager. "I'll go fix the fence!" I said it was too complicated and I'd fix it. I was really getting peeved.

Then I hear, "Cheryl, (blank) is calling you." "What, (blank)?" "Can you bring in Red?" [Sure I can! Let me just add that to the list of things you want done this split second.] Cowboy went into Frodo's run-in and his stall closed, then Red taken to the barn; way earlier than he normally would have been turned in. I just work here!

Ellen the goat got a good grooming and that made me happy. All the kids who were scheduled to ride got to ride, and that makes me happy too. But we are not running smoothly yet. Not by a long-shot. And there is nothing that is going to change significantly for as far as the eye can see. Live with it or live without it.

I was happy that I got Candy (the one who conched me in the head yesterday) in her halter. I couldn't get the other two mini's so I gave up and took Candy's halter back off. I let the manager get them later on. I told them I need them to show me how they do it and then I turn around and they've already gotten them. How can I learn if they won't show me?

I know I sound very unhappy but I just need to vent right now. I really do love what I do, I just wish to God I could do this kind of work at a place that wasn't so dependent upon volunteers. It makes it so haphazard. Do you get me? I hope so. Can I get a witness?

I go back and do it all again tomorrow. And the team captain is the one I had the run-in with last Tuesday. Will just do my job and smile. I will act like nothing ever went on between us. Control the things I can control and pray about the rest. (Then I come home and see there's a volunteer orientation on Saturday afternoon, so I'll need to go. My day off.)

Have a good night, ladies. I plan on doing the same.

Last edited by CherylB; 05-06-2013 at 06:33 PM..
Old 05-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We give you sympathy... Hope it doesn't get too colorful.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #78
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Debby! It helps when we feel each others pain. Thanks for being in my "circle of trust."
Old 05-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl,
It wouldn't send the message from here.. how do we become friends on here? I sent it to your facebook...
Thank you too!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #80
Big Yapper!

You can become a friend on LCF but nobody really does that. To PM me, you just click on my name and select PM. I got your message on FB and replied. Thanks for sharing it will me, Debby.

It's amazing here today! 71 degrees at 11am so should top out around 74. Half-way through my work week. The Robin is still nesting outside my bedroom window in the Rhododendron plant which hasn't bloomed yet. When the baby birds hatch and as they grow, they will be surrounded by an explosion of color! I like that Robin's style.

I'm doing a quick load of clothes right now. Sipping on coffee #2, and enjoying the breeze through the open windows. Life is good. I took a chance and left the two houseplants outside over night and they are no worse for wear. They love being outdoors in the warm weather. I have a huge Elephant Ear plant that I grew from one of those little plants you buy for like $4 and then I have an Amaryllis that is just now blooming. That plant has been with me for about as long. Mom gave it to me when I moved into my other house.

My morning glory seeds are coming along. About half of them grew; the others were duds. I need to transplant them because if I don't water them daily, they keel over and get limp. They're in an egg carton right now so that dries out fast.

The mystery bulb (that rolled out of the landlady's bag of mulch) is also putting up shoots. Will be fun to find out what it is. The little things in life are the best! I still haven't bought the stuff I need for the City Pickers planters. I need to do that this week. Then I need to locate some baby plants cause I don't like to start from seed.

I told the girl I would take her Sunday morning shift this week, so it's going to be a very long day. I'll come home in the hours between shifts and rest. The volunteers are going to make it doable. I hope they show up.

I used my innovative "doggy door" yesterday and it worked well. I don't think the upstairs dog came in because Cisco's rawhide chip was still right where it was when I left. I don't think he would have been able to ignore that. And I only got one fly inside the house, who I let out today when I found him on the tilt-out kitchen window. That was easy and nonviolent.

So, have an excellent day, ladies. I'll report back later on when I come home from work. Say a prayer that things go smoothly, that people who are supposed to be there are there, and that nobody's feathers get ruffled.

Last edited by CherylB; 05-07-2013 at 09:38 AM..
Old 05-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #81
Big Yapper!

Farm went well today but I heard afterward that things inside the house (dealing with volunteers and riders not showing up, not calling, yada yada yada) were very hairy. I'm so glad I stayed outside! I had two teenage helpers. One new guy named Paul who actually rides his bike to the farm (pimply-faced kid.) I showed him what to do which took time to do, but then he did a really good job. He (and the other girl who comes each Tuesday) did really well and made my day much better.

The weather was beyond perfect. Low 70's and a slight breeze. Very sunny. One more day and then I have three off!!! Well, I have to go help with the orientation on Saturday afternoon, but that's no biggie. Wish I wasn't going but what can you do?

My left hip is causing me pain right now. It's only while I'm leaning on it in bed, typing on my laptop (which is on a bedside table. My usual position when I'm online.) I moved all around, trying to figure out if I was being stabbed by a mattress spring or if it was truly my flesh that was in pain. I'm still not sure what's going on. It didn't make itself known until I got into bed.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow at some point so we'll see if they have to cancel the lessons. Usually the first rainy day or two of lessons, they do barn stuff. They have the kids stick pieces of paper on the parts of the horse when they ask them stuff like, "Where's the horses foot?" It's cute but you can only do that once and have it be the least bit interesting for the kids.

I'm going to relax now. My bruise is now migrating to beneath my eye as well as the eye lid. I really do look like I took a punch now. I put a small round bandaid over the impact zone today so the bruise really stands out. The other barn girl (who was working in program today) took a double-take or two. She didn't ask me about it but I could tell she would have loved to. She's young. Just came of drinking age a few months ago.

So far I only ate 4 granola bars and I'm sipping on my first Coors Light. Think I'll eat a little something else before I crash and have another beer. Just not ordering delivery food and pigging out is a major step forward. I had to stop that cycle and I prayed to God to help me with it and so far, so good. Thank you, Lord. You Rock!! Why did I wait so long to ask you to step in and help me with this? Forgive my stupid human-ness.

Have a lovely evening, ladies. Oh! I forgot to tell you what happened! I can't believe this slipped my mind.

The lady who I had trouble with last week on Tuesday was kicked in the spine by a horse! She sent an email to the office lady telling her about the injury and that she wouldn't be around the farm for a while. If it isn't true and she made up such a bizarre story to avoid me, she's even worse-off than I thought she was. Who would do that?

So the email was forwarded to all of us and I wrote back to her and told her how sorry I was that this happened and for her to take good care of herself. I don't know if she'll get it but I have no ill-will for her. I truly don't. I hope she mends perfectly and has no lasting effects.

After what happened to my head on Sunday, I can only imagine how it felt for her to be kicked in the spine. She must have felt paralyzed for a while after it happened. God bless her and help her to recover.

Night, y'all. One more day...
Old 05-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like a good day for you too. Busy Busy
Your new ranch hand Paul sounds perfect! And you're a good teacher too!

Wow, I wouldn't be able to type on my side like that... when we're in motels, I have to prop up a pillow, sit upright with laptop on lap, on top of a folded towel.

Poor other lady... the farm's getting the best of you guys. I guess Saturday may be reviewing "safety" hey?

You didn't tell the girl what happened? She's probably going to think you have an abusive BF. No farm till Saturday?

Have a good rest!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #83
Big Yapper!

Oh, she didn't get kicked on our farm, she rides somewhere else (not exactly sure what she does at the other place). No, if that happened at our farm, we'd all be scrambling to make sure it didn't happen again. That's why I said that it would be so bizarre if she came up with this story to put space between her and our farm. YKWIM?

My hip is sore. It's not the mattress. I stood up and started pressing around and my hip is really tender. I put on a disposable glove and rubbed in some muscle rub stuff. It works really well and I need to buy another tube of the same brand. I don't remember doing anything that would have made my hip hurt, but it might come back to me later.

When I'm on the computer, I'm laying on or in the bed, on the left edge of it. I have the computer on the bedside table (adjustable kind that you can slide the stand under your furniture to draw it in close to you) and I'm propped up on two pillows under my left rib cage. It's kind of a contorted way to be, but I don't spend nearly as much time on the computer as I used to. It suits me. And the tv is usually on but I'm not giving it much of my attention. I call it my "command post." (Even when I sleep, I am on my side.)

You love that bee! You use it in such cute ways, too. I didn't tell the girl what happened because she didn't ask! I'm not going to just go blabbing about it to everyone. It's kind of embarrassing but also funny. Ask and ye shall receive (the story.)

No farm until Saturday, after tomorrow. I have one more day to go. I'm so ready for some time off. Next week is going to be even longer, doing the double on Sunday. It will be my first and might be my last.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, I KWYM ... hope she's not that bad. Good that it wasn't at your farm.

I always have tv or radio going in background... more attention to net though.

There now see, I would be telling everyone... horse hit me... tellers at the stores, bankers, passers-by, any & everyone! Vain I guess!

Oh, hope you have another great day tomorrow there!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #85
Big Yapper!

Part of me wants to tell about it, but the other part of me thinks it was my fault for not reading the horse's signals and pushing her past a comfort point. She really has no comfort points so for me to bring her out to graze AND try to groom her was a big mistake. I saw she wasn't happy with me moving around to her right side and I just thought she would lighten-up. My bad! Live and learn, like everything else. I'm just learning all about horses and in a few years, I'll actually be really good at this stuff! If I survive, that is.

Thanks, Debby. I hope you have a nice evening. I'm about to hit the hay. I took my meds, now I need to make a trip to the "loo" and tuck myself in. I have too many windows open but I think I'll keep a couple open a little bit overnight. It's going to be in the 50's; maybe upper 40's but when I'm bundled up in bed, it makes for a nice sleep. I may wake in the middle of the night regretting that decision. I'll throw an extra blanket on the bed where I can reach it easily.

Have you ever laid in bed freezing, not willing to get up and get another blanket? That's me all the way.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:41 PM   #86
Big Yapper!

Horrible, nasty, rainy day. YUCK!!! Ttyl. Chilling while watching American Idol. They're down to three now. It's getting tense! I wish they'd let them choose their own songs! Why do they try and manipulate it so much?
Old 05-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah, sorry 'bout the rain...
Old 05-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #88
Big Yapper!

I'm dry now but it was horrible, Debby. I hung out in the barn as much as I could, but I had to go out and work. Sometimes the rain let-up enough to make you think it was going to end, then a new cell would erupt and it was as bad as before. One time it was as soon as we got two riders mounted and the horses all ready for the lesson in the arena. The sky opened up and they rode for a while, then gave up. It was so sad.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah poor kiddo's. Horses probably didn't appreciate it either. I would of been hiding in the barn... not so nice mucking around in the barn.
Glad it stopped & you got through it.

Hope you're soaking up the warm-dry now.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #90
Big Yapper!

I know it. It was rotten weather for all concerned. But I really noticed the difference in my ability to bear up under it and the ability of those who have been doing it for much longer. Maybe I will become tougher over the years? Maybe I'm just not that dedicated to their mission and all I want to do is work with the animals?

I have definitely been digging the dry, warmth of home. Midnight here and time to turn out the lights. I hope you're well tonight, Deb.