Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #841
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Jess, did you find the perfect potty? Hope so. Did you try them on for size? Hope so. Speaking of getting weighed at the Dr's office, I went for it. I wasn't fasting and I was 217.

Thank you, Julie. Glad you have a pair of jeans that still feel comfortable. I bought a pair at the store after the Dr's but it wasn't a brand I ever heard of before. Target doesn't sell Lee brand OR Danskin. Isn't that nuts? I won't be going back there unless it's to return the jeans.

So, at the Dr's office I got a list of labs to have drawn but it just feels like we keep going round and round. I know that my problems are primarily stemming from my lack of physical conditioning and my "appetite" for light beer. I have just been looking over the last set of labs and researching the results online. My liver enzymes are slightly elevated, but ALT is higher than AST, and that indicates it's not alcohol related. It's so frustrating.

I wonder if I have some form of hepatitis that they haven't tested me for yet. I told him that there was not one single solitary answer to my symptoms. I said, "There's more than a few ingredients in this soup." He said he agreed. He and I are fond of each other, so that helps. He's like a brother or something. I'm very comfortable with him but I want him to go all-out in testing me for things. He likes to say what he thinks it's due to and then that's that.

This time he's testing my liver enzymes, my thyroid (got him to order more than just the stupid TSH), and female hormones. But he's dead-set against prescribing hormones. He says he's afraid of increased risk of stroke and such. I wouldn't want to have a stroke, obviously. But if the sweating and heat intolerance I experience on a routine basis is even partially due to hormones, I'd prefer not to be going through another 20 years of this.

So I will try and get the labs done this week. Maybe tomorrow morning. I will then take the car to the "Dr" on Friday so he can see where the power steering issue lies.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #842
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Good going, Cheryl! Glad you went in & have him helping you look into this. I guess you need more then a "gut-feeling" on the beer to stop, huh? My naturopath has me doing two things to strengthen my liver.
  1. Fresh lemon & water first thing in the morning.
  2. Raw beets - eat a TBS or two. She said to grate it into a salad, but I'm too lazy to make a mess of it, so I just slice off a slice & eat it while making my dinner.
Those are two very easy things you can do to help your liver. I just looked up liver cures & found this list also:
Foods that strengthen the liver

·Organic foods supply nutrients without pesticides and chemicals
Vegetables such as broccoli and cabbage increase liver enzymes to flush carcinogens
· Beets and carrots promote increased liver function with beta-carotene
· Healthy fats such as olive, coconut and flax seed oils protect against gallstones
· Garlic and onions activate liver enzymes flushing toxins
· Dark chocolate -- 85 percent cocoa or better -- provides antioxidant protection against cirrhosis
· Drink half your weight in ounces daily in filtered, fluoride-free water
· Avocados and walnuts provide glutathione to cleanse toxins
· Apples are high in pectin removing toxins from the digestive tract, protecting the liver
· Two tablespoons of lemon juice daily with water alkalizes the blood and detoxifies
· Non-GMO lecithin supports the liver and gallbladder in fat digestion
· Leafy green vegetables stimulate the flow of bile

I hope you find it easy to get down for the tests & that your car fix is reasonably priced.
Did your new jeans fit nice?
Old 09-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #843
Big Yapper!

Thank you for all that, Debby. I haven't tried on the jeans yet. I will put them on tomorrow. They will fit or they won't fit. I will keep them or they will go back. There's no excitement involved in a size 18 pair of jeans. It's just "need" at this point. But I was so annoyed that the store (chain, I guess) don't carry either of the brands I specifically went shopping to buy.

The liver enzymes are only up a small amount and the liver is under stress from obesity. Taking too many medications (prescription and otc) will also put the liver under stress. There's so much that could be the cause, but like I said, from what I read tonight, if it was alcohol-related, the AST would be higher than the ALT and it's the opposite.

I got a copy of all my previous test results along with the last set of labs. I'm surprisingly healthy! For all the abuse I've put my body through over the years, God has blessed me with chance upon chance to make better choices. The last diagnostic study we did in their office that was on a bicycle and I was strung up with a face mask and all sorts of wires and gadgets to measure not only my heart but lungs as well, the only thing it showed was that I was terribly out of condition. I need to exercise.

I need to find some comfortable clothes, pack my gym bag and start going three or four times a week. If that's too upsetting, I need to just put the bed of the treadmill down from it's folded up position and turn it on. If that gets boring, I need to take the dog for a hike. I need to do SOMEthing other than what I've been doing. I can't spend all my time off work laying on my backside, with both hands on the keyboard of my computer. It's not viable.

I'm going to get to bed now. Thanks for reading and sending me good thoughts. I will take the car in on Friday morning. Tomorrow I'll just focus on being at the farm in the afternoon to help with leading the horses during lessons. One of the horses I have been leading is Daphne and she's the one with the ulcer flare-up. Not sure if I'm going in there tomorrow to just lead Charmed for a half-hour private lesson. If so, that would suck.

HUGS! Sleep well, everyone. Tomorrow is another day.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #844
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Cheryl sounds good that labs aren't too bad. We are ( well, most of us ) all out of shape ! I would croak if I had to do a stress test !! ugh....... The mosquitoes and the heat made me stop walking, but I have no excuse for not doing my Pilates.

Hope the jeans fit and you find something enjoyable for you to do that will get you moving on your days off ! I plan to start back with a vengeance as soon as the 1st cool front gets here. Still in low 90's with horrible humidity !

night !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #845
Big Yapper!

Oh gross, Laura! I feel your pain. I don't know how I survived TX for those years. I know part of it was we were often in rivers. We had NO A/C in our humble little house. We had one window a/c (well, wall a/c) that he would let me turn on only during the hottest of the hot days. I used to take 3 cool showers a day and lived in shorts and my bathing suit. Wouldn't work so well now, since I'm not in my prime. I will have to post a picture of what I looked like back then. I think they removed all the albums we used to have here.

Okay. I found a bunch that I had posted on facebook. I don't have most of those on this newer laptop so I saved them back to this computer and now I can post them here. They span from when I was a teenager to when I was in my 20's in TX to when I was in my early 30's and in love with now-deceased hubby, and then as his health declined, so did mine and I began to gain weight. I'll try to put them in some sort of chronological order if I can. Might take two or three posts.

Enjoy!

1- Me and my first real bf's best friend in Massachusetts. My one and only scuba experience.
2- Me in Cape Cod with same bf who took the picture. I was starving myself to be that thin, for him.
3- Me in TX living with the next wrong man. My face tells me that this was toward the end of our years together. I was about 27 I guess.
4- Me in WPB FL visiting my Dad. I'd escaped the clutches of the TX guy and was in nursing school, living in my dorm. Feeling the freedom and loving life.
5- About 3 years later, met my love and this was our engagement night in the place we got married. Outside of Las Vegas; Mount Charleston NV.
6- Our wedding day, turning 34 that summer.
7- About 2 years later, husband's doing a slow death spiral, feeling unappreciated and so stressed out by my work, my life and being a step mom. Flew home on a whim to be with my sister in CT. This is when I was getting back on the plan to return to Vegas. See my sister's face.

And I've basically been about that weight all these years. Yes, my thyroid tanked during the time I was with my late hubby and I surely had adrenal fatigue (though I knew nothing of that sort of thing back then,) but all people saw was that "she really let herself go." And I've never really gotten it back together ever since. I have to let all of this go and start back to where I was before I met hubby. Before my life took on so much "weight." Back before I knew what responsibility and commitment were.

I want to strive to get back to where I was when I had moved into the dorm and was free of that man in TX and had zero obligations and could go anywhere and do anything. Absolutely had the world as my oyster. I can focus on that feeling and work hard to get back to that place within me.

Not really sure why I took this trip down memory lane in pictures but here it is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Me, scuba gear.jpg (65.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Me, Cape Cod.jpg (42.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Texas, Landa Park.jpg (37.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Me, WPB Banyon Tree.jpg (68.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Me and Kurt, engagement night.jpg (69.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Me and Kurt, wedding.jpg (56.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Me and Donna at airport, 1998 or so.jpg (48.2 KB, 30 views)
Old 09-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #846
Big Yapper!

Laura, love the new Avi!
Old 09-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #847
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great pics Cheryl! I loved your trip through memory lane!
Motivation plus!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #848
Blabbermouth!!!

I love the pics ! They are such a wonderful story of your life ! You are a beautiful woman and you should remember that
Old 09-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #849
Big Yapper!

Thanks, ladies. Night!
Old 09-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #850
Big Yapper!

PS: The picture of me by the Banyon Tree in FL? That's where I want to be again. High-top white Reebok sneakers, stretch denim jeans and a comfy 3/4 length-sleeved shirt. And the fanny pack too! I hate purses hanging on me. I don't care if it's "in style." Freedom feels delicious!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #851
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
at the fanny pack!! They're still popular in Disneyland!! Loved the pictures and the look down memory lane. It's good to remember. That feeling is a good one. Foot loose and fancy free! You're kind of in that place now. Working with horses ( a lifelong dream, right?) living on your own w. your cute doggie, free to come and go as you please... could be the same type of life experience. All depends on how you look at it.

Sure, you're not in your 20's or 30's, but you are healthy (dr just confirmed that!!) and more fit than you realize (your job alone is demanding physically!). If you add a day or 2 at the gym to that, and reduce your processed carbs you'd be feeling better, losing some weight and headed right back to that healthier you you've enjoyed before. You don't need radical changes. You're already active by nature of your job. You already know the "healthier" options for food and beverages. Make those choices, one at a time, and you'll be heading the way you'd like.

Enjoy this early Fall weather. Take the dog for a walk or hike. A few miles, even at a leisurely pace, will be a good start. Get a bit of sunshine, enjoy the beauty that surrounds you. Breathe that clean crisp air!

Make small changes, gradually. If you change too much too quickly, you'll have a harder time sticking to it. Maybe save the beer for one day a week? I used to do this. Not a "cheat" day, per se, but a day when I don't have to watch as closely. the 80/20 rule. 80% of the time exercise faithfully and eat healthfully, the other 20% isn't as big a worry.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound preachy. Just sharing my advice and opinion. Clearly I'm still a work in progress myself but you're closer to your goals than you realize. The scale is only one measurement. Use this as a jumping off point. These tests as a basis, and then you'll run more tests later to see how much you've improved .

Hope you don't mind. You're always so honest and generous with me, I wanted to encourage you that it's not some insurmountable unattainable goal! You can do it!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #852
Big Yapper!

You don't sound preachy at all. In fact, my dear friend, lately you have been giving me a lot of gems to add to my collection. I can really do the things you mentioned here and I love how you always lift me up and point out how able I am and how much I already can do. I welcome your words of wisdom and your encouragement, as you welcome mine.

I will start to use the treadmill for more than just exercising the dog, and I will take Cisco on some hikes while the weather is so amazing. I'll make a date with my sister who I never see anymore and we can go take the two dogs hiking. It will have to be pretty flat hiking for now but I'm sure she'd be thrilled just to spend time together. I'm going to make a date with her to do that right now while the desire is in my heart.

Thanks, babycakes.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #853
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Cheryl, I so enjoyed those pictures! Your face really tells so much about your emotional state. You can sense your youth and vulnerability in the earlier ones, and can feel the joy radiating off the photos with your late husband, and the sadness and resignation in the one with your sister. (Also--you look a little bit like a young Shirley MacLaine!)
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #854
Big Yapper!

You got that right, Jessica. I loved him but things really went down the tubes when his health began to fail. And then I was clearly the outsider. The one who married into the family. It's hard for me to even say things like this, but my husband went so far as to say he wanted his ex-wife to go with him to the Vet to put his Guide Dog down because she had been with him and the dog longer. (ETA: I did go but I was ruined at that point. I was demoralized.) That man gave me love that I'd never known before in my life, but he also ripped my guts out a time or two or ten. And he was never the kind to say he was sorry. When he died in his sleep that night, there were no hospital bedside goodbyes. He was just gone and I was left with all the pain. That's why there is no man on earth that could entice me to love that way again.

I love how you saw my emotions and youth and naiveté and stuff in my face. So I'm sure you see the death glare I'm giving the TX guy in that bathing suit shot. I was so sick of his #%^*. Long before I had the chance to leave, I was making plans. When I got accepted into two nursing programs and had my choice, I went with the one that had a dorm. It was a no-brainer. He never saw it coming. Oh, but I did.

Here's a copy/paste of my day:

I'm back from my volunteer time. I'm so tired. I walked my @$$ off today. I really hate that it is on a Thursday because it means that I never have two days off to rub together. I'm going to ask the lady who does the scheduling of volunteers if she will please try to find a replacement for me on Thursdays. I don't mind helping out when I'm already there, but goodness gracious! I'm tired, man!

I did the full hour lesson with Cowboy and that involved several short jogs in the arena, and many times just walking around the arena. Then we went out into the field and down the Sensory Trail and back, stopping at all the fun things that the kids are supposed to enjoy and find amusing, but it's tough to get them to even notice.

Then I had the half-hour private lesson with another student which was also up through the fields and down the Sensory Trail. It doesn't feel like a day off, people. Not at all. I'm just whining. Forgive me and give me just a few moments, then I'll feel better.

I did take some video but it was of a lesson and things were going awry. I didn't want that sort of video so I also shot the founder of the organization as she rode Frodo around the ring. I hope that part came out good. I need to go earlier in the day to get video of them being free lunged. That's what I want. Just video of them running, bucking and cutting loose.

The girl who does barn chores on Thursday does a double. Man! She does things differently. She had the horses out late and brought them in around 7 pm. I don't know where they were when she grained them or if she grained them that late but all I could figure is she did it to prevent her from having to muck the stalls out before she left. I haven't got a clue and since it was her deal, I didn't ask.

I brought Ellen the goat a sugar pumpkin. I put it in her stall and even she was turned in late. When I ducked my head in her window to see the pumpkin, she'd already eaten the entire insides out! Her face was orange almost up to her eye balls. I can't believe how fast she ate that thing. I wish I could have seen her ripping into it like there was no tomorrow. Now THERE's a video I want to take. Next time, for sure.

I wore my new jeans. They fit but tightly. They are too long and I folded them up and I thought I looked like a geek. When I got home, they were troughs of dirt and sticks and wood chips and tiny pebbles. I couldn't believe it! I need to hem those pronto.

Anyway, I will see if I can view my videos and see if any of them are presentable. Wish me luck. I'm going to need it.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #855
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great work-out Cheryl! Fits right into the plan, hey? But I guess it postpones going to the gym, when its so exhausting. Have you ever used a step-counter? I used to, it was a real motivator. I'm thinking I'd like to get another one. The one I had no longer exists... but there are other good ones. The thing I like about it is, you can "see" what all your effort is & feel really good about it. Then plan on your less active days to keep up or surpass those days.
Yes, the eyes tell it all. We think we're smiling sometimes to cover up the pain, but the eyes tell the real story.

Hope you have a very restful & rejuvenating sleep!
Old 09-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #856
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
My gosh Cheryl, look how cute you are!

I LOVE the mental picture of the goat blissfully orange to the eyeballs.

It's so great that basically you're a healthy person! And you're inspiring me to get moving more too, with your talk about exercise.

And Cissy is all good now? Give her a scritch from her forum aunties.

I always look forward to your barn stories, among others. And especially looking forward to the videos!

Last edited by pendragginp; 09-20-2013 at 05:37 PM..
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #857
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Oh wait - I see from the Horse Lovers thread that you took them down?
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #858
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
I like ur pictures. Its nice of you to share those.
Set up a couple more appointments to look at apartments. They sound promising. But will see on Sunday afternoon.
My dd took Chloe to Oktoberfest in a nearby town to play games and they ate. She came back with a stuffed frog, a little stuffed monkey and a blow up smurfette she loves. She fell asleep at 9:30. My dd brought her home at 7:30 and she went back o her bf's because some guy was coming to his house to talk to him about a job. He's trying to get a better job so my dd, him and Chloe can get a place together.
Hope you had a good day! ttys! Good night.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #859
Big Yapper!

Plum, I did take them down. I posted them for a day and a half or so then felt it wasn't right to leave them up. There are too many people in those videos cause they are of a lesson. I will post others that are just of the animals so there will be no harm, no foul. I really only want to do animal videos anyway.

I will definitely give Cissy that scritch as soon as she comes back in from going potty. "Thanks" in advance, from her. I'm inspiring you to get moving? Well goodness, woman! Inspire me right back, would ya? I don't feel like an inspiration at all.

Tammy, sounds like everyone had a great day. I hope the bf gets the better job. I really hope that they become a solid family and have a good life together for their future. They seem to be such a good fit. Chloe must be exhausted to have fallen asleep so early. Looks like it will be an early morning for you! Hope not. I know you need your rest too.

I so hope that Sunday brings you closer to where you're going to find the next happy chapter of your life. I want so much for you to get a nice place close to where your dd, bf and Chloe will be. Chloe won't allow anything less. And we all know that Chloe rules!

I've been going through more pictures tonight, but the old fashioned kind that are made of paper. Sometimes it's a good thing and other times it really triggers feelings you hadn't seen coming. I wrote my sister an email earlier and she wrote me back. I had completely forgotten but this is the date that my sister Bonnie died, 20 years ago. She had non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. She was less than two months away from her 41'st birthday.

I had been looking through the box of pics before I read and replied to Donna's email, but after I had sent her reply and went back to the box, I had gotten down to the layer of pics that were of Bonnie. It was very weird. Too odd to be a coincidence. I really studied the pictures of her and tried to remember what she was like. We were 10 years apart, me being the baby of the family. Now I'm 10 years her senior and her son is her age when she passed.

Anyway, going through pictures is a mixed blessing. I'm thankful to have them cause all it would take is a house fire or a meteor from the sky or a tornado out of the blue to take them all out of my possession. Then all I would have left are the memories.

The fact is, she died 20 years ago today, but 7 years before that, she disowned me for moving into the home of my TX boyfriend. I was living in sin and she wouldn't allow me to have any contact with her son or herself. Another of my sisters joined her in the excommunication and I lost contact with half my family. So I lost her 27 years ago, with only a very brief reconciliation when we discovered she was so ill. She'd been in total denial and had closed herself off from the rest of the family as well. When we found her, she was in stage IV of the disease and Chemo wasn't enough to bring her back. She was ventilator-dependent as soon as they got her into the ER.

She trusted and believed in only prayer, but when it came down to that time in her health and life, she was inquiring about the chance of maybe a lung transplant. She was ready to do whatever it took to keep living. Very sad. I was in my last semester of nursing school when I flew home and she was in a coma. I trust she heard me when I said my goodbyes. She died when I was on my flight back to TX.

I couldn't make this @(%$ up, could I?! This is my life, people. I could go on. I have many similar stories to share but who the heck would want to read them? Living is tough! It's the ones who "graduate" and move onto the next phase of existence that have it easy. Their struggle and time of grieving is done. I pray that is so, anyway.

So as I was going through the pics, I started a "Bonnie pile" and I'm not sure what I will do with them, but maybe I'll make a collage or something to share with the family. I posted an "in remembrance" image and wrote something on Facebook, in her honor. I hope the rest of the family sees it. It might get a couple of likes.

Life comes down to so very little. In a few generations, no one will recall us at all. Yet the world will keep turning and the sun will rise and set one day at a time until the Lord says, "That's enough." Let us love and be loved, give and receive, touch and allow to be touched, show kindness and empathy, and treat others the way we would have them treat us. And let us remember where life comes from and give glory and honor to that One.

Goodnight.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #860
Blabbermouth!!!

so sorry for your loss Cheryl
Old 09-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #861
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Laura.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #862
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
(Also--you look a little bit like a young Shirley MacLaine!)
I keep forgetting to address this part of your post. Twice I've remembered you said it but always when I'm off LCF. I have been told this before and I always thought is was a nice compliment. Once I was told by my step-son that I looked like Rebecca De Mornay which I found completely unbelievable, but he was very serious. I was very flattered.

Now when people see pics of how I used to look, they can't believe I'm the same person. I hope that soon I will be inspired to strive to look that way again. Then they will say, "Oh yeah! You look just the same!"
Old 09-21-2013, 07:13 AM   #863
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm very sorry for your loss.
Looked at the time on your posts and you were up when I was! I couldn't sleep for anything. I finally went and got another shower and I fell asleep shortly after. About 3 a.m.
Chloe woke up at 7. She heard her mom up getting ready for work. Not much sleep for me so I'll be napping when she does. Her dad is coming at 2. He'll stay his usual 2 hrs.
I guess he told my dd he wants to pick Chloe up Wednesday and take her somewhere. She said if she'll go. She wouldn't go the last time he wanted to take her. That was last Saturday. He's on vacation next week. Last week when he was here he was on the front porch with my dh and left Chloe in the house with me. I had to go out and ask him was he here to see my dh or Chloe! I had to say something. He goes outside to smoke, but he was just out there talking for a good 40 minutes before I opened the door and said something. He gets under my skin.
What ya doing today? Its gonna be below 70* today. My kinda day! We're suppose to get thunderstorms later, we're getting a shower now.
Oh, you know I have to stay close to Chloe. She keeps me going!
Did I tell you I had my post-op check up Wednesday? He said I was healed and said it was fast. So I did good!
well, chloe's on my lap. She hit her head on my dresser. she's ok though. ttys!
Old 09-21-2013, 11:20 AM   #864
Big Yapper!

That's so strange. I'm glad you went out there to confront her dad. No wonder Chloe wants to stay home when he wants to drive her away somewhere. Yeah, it was another fairly late night. Just another typical day.

It's raining and I'm going to work. I looked at the forecast. Periods of rain on and off all day and all night into Sunday morning. Then I looked at the website at the farm and they hadn't cancelled the morning lessons. I hope it wasn't raining at that time. This all means that the horses will be in their stalls and I will be taking them back out if it looks like the weather has passed. Then turn them back in if it comes back. I may just keep them in and spare myself the trouble. It's no day to be outside for man nor beast.

I get to see how waterproof my new boots are today. See? Looking on the bright side! Cissy will not go potty. She hasn't been off the porch since I put her out during the night, before I fell asleep. I don't want her to hold it until 7-8 when I'm heading home. I may have to put her in the bathroom with a bowl of water to prevent carpet boo-boo's. Our bathroom really is "a room." She has room to spread out and various things to lay on, like her foam bed, the rug in front of the sink and the rug by the tub. And if tile is her preference, she can lay between all that other stuff. If a T-storm happens, she can huddle underneath the little table that is in the corner beside the toilet. That's her hiding-place-of-choice.

I know I'll be down one volunteer but if the other girl doesn't show up, I'm all alone. If that happens, paddocks will be left as they are. I hope they didn't put too much hay out for the horses to eat. That all needs to be scraped up and tossed in the manure pile, too.

So, I will take the video camera but keep it for things that may happen in the barn, like when Ellen is free to roam and decides to mess with Cowboy. They are very comical the way they play. I will keep her away from Red. He has no tolerance for her antics.

Wish me luck! I'll bbl. Tammy, I hope tomorrow brings you closer to your new home. Enjoy your nap.

Last edited by CherylB; 09-21-2013 at 11:25 AM..
Old 09-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #865
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope the rain has stopped for ya! Its still drizzling here some. It picks up, and slows down. It's been raining allll day.
Well, Chloe's dad stayed 2 hrs and gone. She thought she was leaving with him and threw a fit! She said "stay with mamaw"! LOL I don't think she'll be going with him on Wednesday.
Hope ur day at the farm goes smooth for ya!
Old 09-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #866
Big Yapper!

It rained on and off today here too. Before I got to the farm, it supposedly rained hard but the horses were all out in their paddocks. Brought them in at the usual time. Everyone got groomed in their stalls, there was a girl who did all the paddocks for me, I did all the waters and the hay for dinner, then I did all their grain, picked the duplex stalls, raked those run-ins, topped off the barn waters again and swept both sides of the barn.

Then I got invited to stay and visit with the manager and her sister who had just arrived from showing her Flat Coated Retrievers in a show and they each won a ribbon. She was happy and had Champagne and wanted to toast. I ended up sitting with them and talking (and eating pizza) until 9:40pm when I said I really had to go. I learned SO MUCH about my manager and their family. I knew both her parents had passed on but never knew any details of her life. Tonight, her sister shared a lot. I was so glad I stayed. And they learned a lot about me that they never knew. It was meant to be.

Cissy made it until I got home without an accident. I fed her then took her for a walk up the street and let her run loose in a parking lot leading up to a lake that has a walking trail all around it. Obviously it was totally dark at 10 pm so we didn't go far. She got to cut loose and then I walked her back home. Now everyone is happy.

I got my wish and I'm off the schedule on Thursday as a leader in program so I have one more day off per week. I made a date with my sister to pick her up where she does her swimming on Thursday and we'll go somewhere. Not sure if we'll do something like walking in a park or if we'll go out for a snack. I don't care and I don't think she cares either. She's just really down in the dumps and feels we haven't put ourselves out to come and see her since she can no longer drive as much (recently diagnosed with a form of epilepsy. She has so many problems. I think we block it out and prefer to think of her as the "unsinkable molly brown.")

I took a couple short videos of the Mini's and the goat tonight but nobody else was doing anything worth filming. The goat wasn't either, but I gave her the opportunity. She blew it. I will try to upload them and post them here.

Have a good night, everyone. Tammy, I'm glad Chloe didn't have to go with her Dad. I know she wasn't supposed to, but with her reaction, it wouldn't have been good. I hope the apartments you see tomorrow are nice and in good areas. Keep me posted.

Last edited by CherylB; 09-21-2013 at 07:51 PM..
Old 09-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #867
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl
That sounds like it was a very good day for you. So glad things worked out for you at work, with the friendship after work, & getting Ciscsy a walk.
That's also good that you're happy with the schedule change & getting together with your sister. This sister, is the one that's moving? Sounds like she is going to need family more than ever.
Did you say what happened with your car repairs? I think I missed it.

Have a good rest!
Old 09-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #868
Big Yapper!

I didn't take the car in cause I can't pay for the repair this month anyway. And the brake light has stayed off since adding brake fluid. Yes, this is the same sister who will be putting their house up for sale and leaving CT eventually.

I took just a couple videos today cause of the weather and no exciting stuff going on. I will keep taking more each week. Enjoy!

Old 09-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #869
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
You don't sound preachy at all. In fact, my dear friend, lately you have been giving me a lot of gems to add to my collection. I can really do the things you mentioned here and I love how you always lift me up and point out how able I am and how much I already can do. I welcome your words of wisdom and your encouragement, as you welcome mine.

I will start to use the treadmill for more than just exercising the dog, and I will take Cisco on some hikes while the weather is so amazing. I'll make a date with my sister who I never see anymore and we can go take the two dogs hiking. It will have to be pretty flat hiking for now but I'm sure she'd be thrilled just to spend time together. I'm going to make a date with her to do that right now while the desire is in my heart.

Thanks, babycakes.
Good! I'm glad! Hopefully you guys (your sister) will get a little walk or hike in when you get together that'd be a nice way to spend time together.

I'm sorry your past is full of hurts and sadness. Your sister dying so young? That's really so sad! And all the accompanying details of her passing add to the weight. It reminds me of how precious this time we've been given really is. So much of the junk we get wrapped up in-self absorbed stress, temporary personal or financial stress, is all nonsense - has no lasting value or impact. Only what we invest in people last, loving them, sharing Christ with them and laying up our treasures in heaven, is what matters. I get caught up in all this stuff too. It's good to remember who I am, and WHOSE I am .

Rest well!!have a good weekend!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #870
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi there!
Looks like you're having fun with videos. Sorry I can't watch them. But enjoying the pictures that show up.

Hope your day went well!