Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #811
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Chloe's sick? That sucks. I hope this is just your average garden-variety cold and it goes away with some chicken noodle soup and some hot tea with lemon. Does she like either of those things?

Your son looks like he'd be great at boxing. Do they have boxing available in the military? I keep forgetting to ask you but you said you were in the Army too, right? How many years and where were you stationed? Would love to hear of your military experiences. Mine were very short and nothing exciting, being only in the Air National Guard and then getting honorably discharged early, when I asked to be released. That had to have been God cause they just don't do that sort of thing.

We're only in the 60's these past few days, since the heat wave passed us by. It was in the 70's the day after, then it's been pretty cold ever since. Perfect weather to open windows during the day but when I try to leave some open at night, it gets too cold. It was in the low 40's last night! I almost brought the porch plants back inside but I rolled the dice and they are still alive today.

Maybe it really is too late for your marriage but I still think he needs to know you have had enough. Then again, if you give him too much notice and he's a real ass as you say, he might do things to make it harder for you. Keep your mouth shut and just make your plans. Sorry but I totally understand when it's time to boogie out of a relationship. Marriage vows or no marriage vows, sometimes there's so little left to salvage.

With me, there were never kids or grandkids involved so my break ups were for good. With you and your hubby, you'll still be in each other's lives. Think about how you will work out that stuff before you jump.

(I've never seen Tyler Perry but that was cute.)

Back to work today. I feel rested after my one day of sloth and I've recharged the old batteries and I'm ready. I work Sun-Mon-Tues, off Wed-Thu-Fri, then back on Sat. I have a Dr appointment on Wednesday afternoon, then I'm going to see if I can take my car up to the mechanic on Thursday morning for him to look at my power steering issue. If he needs to keep it overnight, it won't be a hardship since I'm off work on Friday too.

The last time he put the car on the lift to check where the power steering fluid was leaking from, he said it was from the motor itself. He doesn't remember narrowing it down to that but I did write down what he said. I could find it if I tried hard enough. That might help to speed things up this time if he knows where to focus his attention.

I get paid this Wednesday so I will have some money to work with. I hope the repair doesn't take so much of my money that it puts me in the poor house until October. I shudder to think how I'd be making my life work without my little horsey job.

I looked out the bay window in the kitchen and saw a Gold Finch sitting on the edge of a Sunflower and bending over to pick seeds out and he just sat there and munched happily. Cisco walked by and spooked him and he fled and he didn't return while I waited and watched. But those fresh sunflower seeds must be a lot better than the kind you buy in a bag. These flowers grew from those seeds that fell from the feeder and decided to grow. The finch was losing its bright yellow color, preparing for his drab winter coat.

I'll start filling up the bird feeders again. They must be a little nervous with how quickly it's gotten cold at night and how short the days have become. I'll be a good birdy momma and do that soon.

Well, have a lovely Sunday, ladies. I'll bbl and see what there is to tell of my farm experiences. I don't expect one of the volunteers to show. She's vanished after returning for only one Sunday shift after her return from being on vacation in Hungary. She had been taking volunteer riding lessons and she hasn't even been doing that. I wonder if she's gotten turned off by something and decided to not come anymore. If so, we really need to know that. I reminded the manager last night and she said she'd email her.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #812
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Cheryl glad you had a relaxing day off . I plan to do very little today after sleeping in. might not even get dressed ! lol !

have a good day at work :0
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #813
Big Yapper!

Busy day. OMG. Got there an hour early for a staff meeting, which lasted the full hour. Then I went to work doing the usual stuff but all the people who were there to groom and tack the horses for the next lesson were all very inexperienced (except for one lady.) I kept hearing my name being called, "Cheryl, can you come help me with .....?" I juggled it all well and just was happy that they eventually all left the barn and headed for the arena. So I was trying to do my barn work in between those waves of horses coming back, horses getting prepped to go for the next lesson, etc. It was challenging.

I had no helpers to do the paddocks so I had to fit that stuff in while being mindful of which horse was up next for a lesson. If someone was already involved with a lesson that was going on already, then they couldn't get the horse ready for the next lesson and that was up to me. It seems like a bit much. Sometimes I'm not AS needed as I was today. Today was pretty sucky.

Finally I got one girl who was looking for help and I said, "YES! I have something you can help me with." OMG. She's supposed to have horse experience but the proof is in the pudding. I showed her where I wanted her to go, how to get in there, told her to always make sure she closes gates behind her as she goes, etc. I asked her to pick up the poop and rake the scattered piles of hay in this one paddock. I figured she could do that and it would help me out a lot.

This girl never picked up a pile of manure in her life. And she's got ISSUES, man. I went away to do something else but every single time I was within earshot she'd say, "How's this? Am I doing good?" I am not kidding you when I say she must has asked me that four times. One time she asked me, the blazing sun was setting directly behind her and I said, "I can't see anything with the sun behind you but I'm sure you're doing it right." She's going to be someone I have to hold by the hand. The kind of help I really don't have time for, iykwim.

I told her where the manure pit was but didn't have the desire to try and explain to her where to put the wheelbarrow when she'd dumped it. She doesn't know where the grain room is so I just said to leave it by the pit but to be sure she dumped it. That was enough for me. Then I went around topping off paddock water buckets and picking over the rest of the paddocks.

Eventually I was able to take Daphne for a short walk, but the sun was setting and the moon was glowing in the sky. Red was calling frantically for her, cause it was very weird to take her out at that time of night. She called back to him once and she put on the brakes a few times but I got her to walk out to the big manure pile in the field and then turn back around for home. I had to walk her a little cause she can't be exercised right now or used in program. Not until she's feeling better.

When we got back to the barn, Red had his head hanging over his gate and Daphne went to him and they just consoled each other for a moment and then she let me take her into her stall. It was so endearing. Like, "I'm okay, honey. Don't worry about me. Everything's okay." So damn sweet. Nobody loves me like that.

I have to make something to eat and go to bed. I was thinking I could take my car to the mechanic Thursday morning but remembered on the drive home tonight that I'm scheduled to be a leader in two lessons on Thursday afternoon. When am I going to have time to get my car worked on? If he needs to keep it for an overnight, how is this going to work? I might have to leave it Friday morning and just hope it's done in time for me to get to work on Saturday.

It felt good to be of use today and to be the person people were looking to for help and instruction, but it was just a little too much. I guess some days are going to be like that. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Even if it isn't, I'm off Wednesday!

Goodnight, ladies. Hope all is well with you.

Last edited by CherylB; 09-16-2013 at 05:36 PM..
Old 09-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #814
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Quote:
"I'm okay, honey. Don't worry about me. Everything's okay." So damn sweet. Nobody loves me like that.
Your family HERE does!
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #815
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep we do !
Old 09-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #816
Big Yapper!

Aw! You ladies ROCK! I'm going to find a picture of two horses looking at each other the way Daphne and Red were doing so I can post it here for your enjoyment.

Much harder said than done. After looking through pages of pics under multiple searches, I haven't found one that captures the look that she gave to him in that moment. But, here's the best I can do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Horses in love.jpg (54.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Horses in love 2.jpg (46.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Horses in love 3.jpg (10.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 09-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #817
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Yep we do! And I'm sure your pooch does too. Gotta love that about pooches!
Sounds like a very stretching day. Very much like being a church secretary Only not such strenuous work! My day was a bit of a "Monday" too. Happily, its over!
Good night, sleep tight!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #818
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
awww we love you!
Well I am throwing in the towel. The last straw has been broken! Done. Through. It is over.
Now time for my dd and I to get our place. Hope it doesn't take long.
I'm watching the steeler/cincinnati game. Steelers better get with it!
Well, bbl. I'm very tired.
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #819
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So sorry Tammy,
I can not imagine the pain you're in. Maybe he should find another place...
Hope everything works out.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #820
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks. I dread him coming home from work tonight. I can't deal with him anymore.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #821
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

God bless, protect and fill you with peace & wisdom from above.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:31 AM   #822
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
I'm so sorry! Prayer for you here.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #823
Big Yapper!

Tammy, I'm with Debby. Shouldn't he be the one moving out? Don't you think you want the house? If not, then I hope you find a place you like even more. Could just be me, but Tammy doesn't sound like she's hurting! When you get to that place where you've tried for so long to make something work and then that "final straw" is broken, there's no pain, only a release and a clear conscience and a surge of energy that propels you into the rest of your life without that "special someone."

Maybe you'd be better off in a townhouse. No outdoor upkeep. You can't handle any of that stuff with your body the way it is, and Chloe's too young to put her to work. Anyway, please keep me posted as things develop. And if I'm being insensitive and you actually are in pain over this, forgive me.

Working again today, then off for three. Well, technically-speaking. I called the mechanic and told him I'd drop the car off on Thursday morning but I needed it back in the afternoon for an appointment. Said he could figure out what's wrong and order the parts and then I'd drop it off again on Friday morning for the repair. He's on board with that plan. Whew!

It will be great to have reliable power steering again. Poor car. I hope this is the last in the line of things that need fixing for at least a year. I need a break from car trouble. (Lord, please. ) I still plan to get a full tune-up so the air and gas filters will be replaced. Maybe that will improve my MPG. And I really could use three new tires before winter comes again. We shall see how the cash flows.

Looks like we might only be in the 50's today. I will keep the windows shut. I turned the heat on last night for the first time. It was 68 in the house but I just couldn't get warm so I bumped it up just 2 degrees and it felt loads better. I pulled the porch plants inside last night, too. They seemed to be grateful that I did. Could have just been me projecting.

I charged up my video camera batteries last night and I'm going to see if I can find time to record a couple videos of program today with riders, side walkers and leaders. I'll see how they come out. Hopefully I can hold the camera steady enough and they will come out nice. I should go on my day off so I have nothing else to do except film.

Well, have a good day, ladies. Tammy, And thanks for all the love, ladies. I appreciate it.

Last edited by CherylB; 09-17-2013 at 09:38 AM..
Old 09-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #824
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
God bless, protect and fill you with peace & wisdom from above.
Thanks!
Old 09-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #825
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
I'm so sorry! Prayer for you here.
Thank you! I need prayers!
Old 09-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #826
Big Yapper!

(Here's a copy/paste of a post I put on the horse lover's thread, minus the smilies. They didn't translate.)

Today went much better. A nice young lady helped me with the paddocks. I trusted she did a good job but when I went to move two of the horses over to a lower paddock, I just randomly looked at a corner of one paddock where the grass is taller and they like to poop and there they were. Piles. If you want something done well, you really have no other choice but to do things yourself. But I do appreciate all the help she gave me today. It made a world of difference to me.

Tonight I noticed (while doing my last walk-through of mucking stalls and checking windows, grain buckets, etc) Frodo and Calvin (they have run-ins that are side-by-side) are getting really "intimate." Calvin is mated with Lola but the last few days, he and Frodo have become fascinated with each other. I don't know what's going on but it's very puzzling. The only thing I can think of is that they both get those stupid Hay Stretcher pellets in their evening grain and that makes a terrible sloppy mess. Maybe they have discovered that they can lick each other's muzzles and get all the good drippings after dinner is over.

Frodo is standing there and chewing on the board, Calvin is standing there watching him. When Frodo's not chewing the wood, they are nuzzling each other. I finally got the idea (wasn't sure if it was going to be a huge mistake) to open the gate to the paddock right behind their duplexes and see what they would do if turned out together. They never have been, to my knowledge.

I opened both of their gates and out they trotted, just happy to get to munch on grass so late in the day. I was like, "WTH! Now you aren't interested in each other anymore?" Then Calvin walked slowly by Frodo, somewhat interested, then turned to go into Frodo's run-in. I said, "Ut uh!" and closed the gates. Then I sat down on some rocks and just watched them.

It was really interesting. Calvin stuck his nose right up Frodo's rump while Frodo munched the grass, and he didn't seem to mind. Then Frodo calmly turned around to face Calvin and they were side by side but facing opposite directions. Then things got a little fresh and uppity. They started to nip at each other and threatening to kick and then they were trotting off into the paddock to avoid each other.

I decided I'd seen enough, plus I wanted to go home. I opened the gates to their run ins again and tried to get them headed in the right direction. They wanted none of that. All of a sudden, Calvin came trotting down from the hill right into his run in. I thought, "That was too easy!" Then I closed his gate and went to try and coax Frodo. I walked into his run in to go out his gate and grab his halter and as soon as I was out of sight, he came running in! I guess he was afraid to be left alone out there in the dwindling daylight.

So I didn't share my little experiment with anyone. Just did it for my own enjoyment and learning experience and I just wanted to see maybe what was going on between them that they feel they need to spend all this time hanging over the fence together, "chewing the wood."

I gave Daphne her before-dinner syringe of miracle clay for the first time tonight. Then I took her for her walk and we went up the "sensory trail" and back. She didn't want to walk through the noodles (the swimming pool things) that are hanging down but I got her to go through. On the way back, she didn't hesitate through those. Maybe cause all she cared about was that we were heading back toward the barn.

She took the syringe of clay and water down really well! I was proud of myself. Very little of it hit the ground. Little by little, I'm learning stuff. I relearned one other thing today. I can't fit between the boards of the white wooden paddock fences. I just can't fold up into a small enough area to make that work. I knew it already but for some reason, (Laziness and not wanting to walk all the way around) I had to see if it was still true. My goal is to soon be able to fit between those boards.

I tried on a couple pair of jeans to see if I could stand wearing one of them to work. I'm so sick of wearing these Danskin things. It's getting a little too cool for those, too. Neither pair were going to cut it. My gut and trunk is just too big for those at the present time. I like "Mom Jeans." These jeans are too low. They aren't "muffin top" jeans, they are "titanic top" jeans. I just couldn't make them work.

They are a size 16. I can't believe I need an 18 right now. But oh freaking well. I'm buying a pair this week. I can't go any longer without a pair of jeans that I can wear and still be able to breathe and move around in comfortably. Whenever I'm tempted to order a pizza for delivery, I will think back to today when I had those jeans on, and then opted for the capri danskins.

Have a good night, ladies. Hope this post gives you something to ponder. Sleep tight. I go to my MD tomorrow for a routine follow-up. Maybe he can find something wrong with me so he can fix it. That would be great! I never did get down there to get the lab work order and blood drawn. I just never took the time. He is in a town that I am rarely ever in and my life is so busy that when I CAN chill out, I do it with a vengeance.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #827
Big Yapper!

PS: All you ladies were right and I was wrong. Tammy needs prayer. Let's keep her in prayer and support her through this difficult time. She'll be better off but I guess things will be tough in the transitional phase. We love you, sweetie. You're doing the right thing, even though it's somewhat scary. In the end, it will have been worth it. We are here for you, all the way.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #828
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl! I'll be ok. As tough as its going to be, It'll all be worth my piece of mind.
Cute story about the horses! I really liked it.
So, my husband's nephew messaged me on fb and asked to stay the weekend. I told him yes he can. He's 15 and has never asked to stay at our house. He's the one who Chloe thinks is her Uncle Shawn (my son)! Should be interesting! LOL I'll buy an air mattress for him and he can camp out where ever he wants.
Well, I'm sleepy and dh is coming home soon. I want to be asleep when he gets here. ttyt!
Good night everyone!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 09-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #829
Big Yapper!

How strange that the nephew of your husband suddenly wants to spend the weekend for the first time ever. Don't you find that odd? Maybe dh is stirring the family juices, suspecting you're about to bolt. Anyway, what do I know? Precious little, I tell you. Night.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #830
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
How strange that the nephew of your husband suddenly wants to spend the weekend for the first time ever. Don't you find that odd? Maybe dh is stirring the family juices, suspecting you're about to bolt. Anyway, what do I know? Precious little, I tell you. Night.
Nah, we've been seeing him alot lately when we're down that way. He loves Chloe too. My husband has nothing to do with it. He's not that smart! LOL
Old 09-17-2013, 09:21 PM   #831
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good stories Cheryl, Your job is interesting, fun, challenging & rewarding! Gotta love that!
Have a good sleep!
Tammy
Old 09-17-2013, 10:06 PM   #832
Big Yapper!

Tammy, glad to hear that. Have to laugh that he's not that smart. That will work in your favor. Enjoy the nephew's stay. He'll love his air mattress. You're a good woman.

Debby, you are right on all accounts! They say many folks have a mid-life career change. I guess that's what I'd have to say I've done. I threw off the stresses (and the burdon of a wonderful income) of nursing and taken on the grind of bug bites, weather exposure, dirt and animal hair. I am better off.

I'm glad you enjoy the stories. I love writing them down. It sounds "puffed up" but I enjoy reading my own stories. It brings back the moments I lived. Anytime in the future when I read back, it will be clear to me what I was talking about. But I also love to share what I'm learning and experiencing with all interested parties here and in my family.

When I was in high school, in my year book where it says what you hope to be "when you grow up", I said I planned to be a writer. I guess I am!
Old 09-18-2013, 06:38 AM   #833
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're a darn good writer too! Very detailed!
My husband is smart in alot of ways, but when it comes to me he underestimates me. He thinks I'm dumb! ha. ha. ha. Works in my favor all the time!
Old 09-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #834
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, I can't believe how cool it is there already ! Sounds wonderful to me !

Hope you find some comfortable jeans for work ...... I don't fit into mine from last fall, but it's my own fault. I don't wear jeans often - it's just too hot usually, so I'm not buying any more. I will get into them !

Have a good day !
Old 09-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #835
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
You're a darn good writer too! Very detailed!
My husband is smart in alot of ways, but when it comes to me he underestimates me. He thinks I'm dumb! ha. ha. ha. Works in my favor all the time!
What an A-hole he is. So was the guy in TX. Is he going to be dumbfounded that you
finally did leave him? So was the guy in TX.

Thank you for saying that about my writing. It's so easy to write well when you have lots to say and know what you're talking about.

Last edited by CherylB; 09-18-2013 at 09:48 AM..
Old 09-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #836
Big Yapper!

Laura, that's a great goal. To fit into those jeans when it's finally jean-wearing weather down there in TX. You've been getting some rain lately, haven't you? I don't pay a close amount of attention to national weather reports but I did see something about rain along your coastal area. I am sick to see all the flooding and devastation in CO.
I go to see the Dr at 2:30 today and I'll try and remember to stop at the store and just grab a pair of size 18 stretchy Lee jeans off the rack. I at least know what brand and style I like so that will make it easier. I hate trying on clothes in the store. As long as the zipper isn't 2-3" long, I will know they are deep enough for me.

I'll bbl. Time for more coffee, then I hit the shower and hit the road. Should be an interesting Dr visit.

Last edited by CherylB; 09-18-2013 at 09:54 AM..
Old 09-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #837
Blabbermouth!!!

Good luck at the Dr. and on finding jeans !

We got 3" of rain the week we were gone, the mosquitoes are out in full force :/
Old 09-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #838
Big Yapper!

Ooh! I hate those mothers. At least the rain was while you were gone.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #839
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Good luck with the doctor's appt., my friend. I'm due to visit mine, and I sure don't want to go in weighing more than I did last time. That's how things are shaping up if I don't get with the program, though.

LCF closed my old journal thread, at last. Was expecting them to for quite some time now. So I've begun a new one.

And now, I am off to shop for........a toilet! Hahahaha--least fun "shopping spree" EVER!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #840
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
:Love: all around ladies!
Tammy- sounds like this has been a long time coming... I'll be praying for all of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Cheryl, I can't believe how cool it is there already ! Sounds wonderful to me !

Hope you find some comfortable jeans for work ...... I don't fit into mine from last fall, but it's my own fault. I don't wear jeans often - it's just too hot usually, so I'm not buying any more. I will get into them !

Have a good day !
yep! This is me!, only, I have a pair of fat jeans that still fit, but I want to wear my nice, pretty, blingy jeans again! It won't be cool enough here for a while, but I hope to be back in them by then!

Cheryl-you really have made quite a big life change. I'm so proud of you! And heat? I can't imagine that right now! I'm still sweating and paying for constant a/c! Take care of yourself and glad the mechanic will work the timing out for you, hopefully it's not too expensive. Ad hope the dr goes well too!

Last edited by julieboolie; 09-18-2013 at 11:25 AM..
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote