Old 09-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #781
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
"My hair cut." Hardy har har. The longer cut is what I'm working toward. I need to get highlights or something to make it prettier and that will cost a whopping $80. I may have to just color the whole thing. It would be a lot cheaper.
Pretty!! I color my own. The highlights are so expensive and not really light enough to make me happy . So I do it myself. Currently a L'Oreal girl, but Clairol is just as good. Enjoy the new 'do!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Reading back ~~ sounds like your weather is getting to the wonderful time of year ! I'm jealous !
Glad work is going well and good job getting your hair cut ! I have been contemplating layering mine even more and shortening it back up. lol ! We never want what we have do we ?
Trip was great ! So absolutely beautiful... I almost cried when we got off the boat in the Caymans ...I was so overcome. Never thought I would get to see the gorgeous waters I have only seen on TV.... Kinda sappy I know, but how I felt <3 It was terrific

Tay , very scary for your son. Prayers going up for his safety!

Will update my page in a bit. Doing laundry and making a homemade pizza ~~ uh, yeah, I have been eating carbs ... and still am !

ttyl !
How nice!! Glad you enjoyed it so much!!

Good to see you. Glad to hear you're doing well. I'm doing fine, overeating but working out a lot so I'm maintaining at least. Down would be better, but I'll take it . Hope work goes well tomorrow. get some sleep and enjoy that lovely early FAll weather!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #782
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Hi, Julie. Welcome home, honey. We felt your absence but we're so glad you had a rocking good time. I am tired and it's after midnight so I won't go into my day. It was spent at the farm but that's all I have time to say. And tomorrow I will be spending hauling ass to clean this house because I found out tonight that the landlady and a bank appraiser is coming tomorrow at 6:30 pm to inspect the place. I tried to pull the "lease says I have 48 hours" but that didn't work. So tomorrow I kick ass and then leave around 5:45 and get the hell out of dodge. I hate this.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:04 AM   #783
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Thats not ok for the landlady to do that. I'm sure she has known for a while, atleast 48 hrs. You have rights and she has to abide by the lease as much as you. What would she had done if you were busy and couldn't get it cleaned up?
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #784
Big Yapper!

Amen, Tammy. I want to really get into it with her but I don't want to over-play my hand, either. She mowed the grass a couple days ago and she used the grass catcher bag in the back of the riding mower. AND she moved the picnic tables and chairs and mowed all underneath those, which she hasn't done since the beginning of the season. She had to have known this was going to happen. Something's rotten in Denmark.

I am glad we texted back and forth about it, though. If it ever happens again, I have it in writing how I bent over backward to make the place presentable for appraisal on such short notice. I really don't trust her, the more I think about her and how she operates. I don't even know where she lives! All her mail comes here, as if she's still living in my half of the house. Very fishy.

It's over now. I kicked butt and worked my @$$ off and got the place as nice as I could. The oven is full of pots and pans so I hope nobody opened it. Also, the dishwasher was loaded with dirty dishes. I didn't want to roll it over to the sink and hook it up cause I figured I could do that after they had come and gone. Then I took my self out for a small dinner at Chili's and told her to text me when they were gone. She texted and said they had left but it sure would have meant a lot to me if she had said "Thanks! The place looked great."

Thank the Lord I had today off. And the meeting for staff was again cancelled. I don't know what the heck is going on with these meetings but I swear that if I hadn't said "See you tomorrow at the meeting" and got told that the manager thought it had been cancelled, I wouldn't have known to double check with the administrator about it. She wrote me back and said it was indeed cancelled. I'm not sure if I had shown up for a staff meeting twice in the same week only to find I was the only one there, if I would have been so gracious the second time.

It was hot as HELL here today. The weather peeps finally got it right. These past few days have been just as hot and humid as they said it would be. Now let's hope it will chill right back down when they said it will, too. I am leading in two lessons tomorrow afternoon, unless we get T-storms and then they will cancel the lessons. Time will tell. By the time they make the decision to cancel, people have already left their homes to come to the farm. They like to wait until the very last minute.

So I went to Chili's and got the chili con queso (or skillet queso as they are currently calling it) and a basket of fresh tortilla chips, a bowl of salsa and a 22 oz Coors Light on draft in a frosted mug. I earned it, after what I went through today for my landlady. I enjoyed every bite and sip.

Now it's time to rest these weary bones and take some meds and drift off to la-la-land. That is my goal, anyway. I hope we all have a wonderful night of peaceful sleep and dreams that fill us with wonder (or no dreams at all. Anything but annoying dreams.)
Old 09-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #785
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I agree, she could've thanked you. I thought, the first time you said her mail was coming to your house, that something is strange there.
I'm tired so I'll be back tomorrow. I'll be home alone til 3. Thats when the a$$ gets home from work. Yeah, things aren't good.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #786
Big Yapper!

"The a$$", eh? Such is marriage. I hope things improve soon and stay improved for a long time to come.

I am heading to bed now. I must say that although I found the circumstances behind this hasty house-kicking unnecessary, I am glad it's behind me. It was the jump start I needed and maybe I can keep it clean from now on. I fell behind months ago when I got so involved with the farm and then program began and all I wanted to do when I got home each day was to collapse. Now it will be much easier to keep up.

I'm not getting any bites on the mattress or the pilates bench I have had on Craigslist for months now. I need this stuff gone so I can declutter my living spaces. I just know for a fact that the minute I decide to pack that pilates bench and put it in the attic, someone will want to come see it. That's how things go in my life. That said, if I leave it where it is, no one will call. Maybe I need to accept the fact of the extra work in taking it down and storing it in order to get it moved out the door and down the road.

Did yet another load of clothes tonight. I do laundry every night these days. I can't wait until I can put those staff shirts to rest for the winter and go back to wearing just regular clothes that are comfortable and suitable to the season. I will try and be happy for these warm seasons we have left, where program can continue.

Night!
Old 09-12-2013, 05:54 AM   #787
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you had a good nights sleep. I woke up at 4 because my phone was buzzing! Shawn posted a status on fb and it was the alert going off. He can't wait to get out of that country. I dozed back off and was up at 8 to see Chloe before she left for her school. They finger paint today so she'll like that. No wearing good clothes today! LOL
Yes he's an a$$. He put all the bills on me! I don't get enough money to pay everything and buy groceries!!! I think he has gone nuts. I was in tears the other day because he was so mean. I'm not going to be treated like this. Nope! I'll be out the door and single. I can do bad by myself.
Well, hope it goes smoothly at the farm. I think you go today! LOL

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 09-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #788
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
Hope you had a good nights sleep. I woke up at 4 because my phone was buzzing! Shawn posted a status on fb and it was the alert going off. He can't wait to get out of that country. I dozed back off and was up at 8 to see Chloe before she left for her school. They finger paint today so she'll like that. No wearing good clothes today! LOL

Yes he's an a$$. He put all the bills on me! I don't get enough money to pay everything and buy groceries!!! I think he has gone nuts. I was in tears the other day because he was so mean. I'm not going to be treated like this. Nope! I'll be out the door and single. I can do bad by myself.
Well, hope it goes smoothly at the farm. I think you go today! LOL
He really IS an A$$! The part of your post that I underlined is something I've said to myself in every failing relationship I was ever in. That thought kept me going many many moons before I actually would head for the hills, but it just struck me when I read what you wrote.

When I was living with that guy who was twice my age half way across the country from my family, I would make lists of what I would take with me and what I'd leave behind! I'd fantasize about leaving him so many times. Then one day, I had the opportunity and a clear vision for what would come next in my future and I walked out. He was so arrogant that he never believed I would stay gone.

It's no wonder Shawn wants out of Afghanistan. I wish he never enlisted. I wish none of our family and friends enlisted. I hate what the world has become. I long for the days when we were ignorant of all things that were going on all over the world, except for the greatest atrocities like Hitler. We can't stamp out every single fire that sprouts up all over the world.

Chloe is finger painting? Oh man! I wish I could see the end result of that. All that stuff is washable so I doubt it would harm her clothes.

When you went on FB to see what Shawn wrote, were you able to chat with him? It would be cool if you could catch him while he's signed in and then chat.

Yes, I'm going to do long lining with Daphne and Charmed in the last two lessons today. It's still in the 80's so I guess tomorrow is when it cools off again. That's if they are correct on how long this heat wave was going to last.

OMG! I'm watching the weather channel and there is terrible flooding in CO. They're getting one of those "nor'easter" type things going on. It's just marching straight up through the state. We have a scattered t-storm forecast ourselves but it's not raining or anything at the moment.

Woohooooooo! Today IS the last day of summertime heat! Maybe I'll take the air conditioners out and put them away. Then again, maybe I won't! They have been keeping me alive during this little burst of heat and humidity.

I hope they cancel the lessons so I don't have to go. They never do that, though. They hold lessons in the barn when the weather is bad, but the kids don't give a hoot about sticking signs on the various parts of the horse. We just heard our first boom of thunder! I was wondering if that's what it was and then Cisco came slinking into the room.

Have a great day, ladies. I'll bbl.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #789
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey there. Sorry your landlady is acting odd. Sounds like she's thinking of selling? That wouldn't surprise me! but it would stink! I hope your sleep was good and you're caught up on things. Having a clean house is nice!! I need to clean mine tomorrow, small group tomorrow, so that'll be the motivation I'm lacking .

Tay- sorry for your marital stress. We all have them, but it sounds like you're being taken for granted, to say the least. Praying for wisdom and strength and for dh to come around.

I'm doing well. Beat from my workout today, but glad i did it at least. I'm ramping up for LC again. This high carb, although fun, isn't getting any fat off . So, we'll see what comes of lowering things slowly.

Have a good night! Hope it cools off for you!
Old 09-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #790
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I do talk to Shawn on fb when we catch eachother on. Today was one of those days. It was nice, but short. No talk of how it is over there. Although he made a status about "weak minded" individuals. Guess there are guys having a hard time over there. Remember I said things have heated up over there. Its just gonna get worse, I believe. The insurgents know we are pulling out, well most of the soldiers, and they want it to look as if they are chasing us out. Makes it very dangerous. I have talked to a friend of his who is over there and he also said guys are "falling apart". Hes in a different area than my son. When you are forced to shoot at idiots because they want to take you out or your "brother", it can have a serious impact on your sanity. But those guys are trained, or I say brainwashed, to kill or be killed and those that can't handle it are weak.
I know when I was in, there is that "army mentality" you get.
My dd took her bf to a job interview that didn't go well. hmmm I wonder what happened. I'll find out soon, shes almost home. Yep, had chloe again since she was taking a nap when my dd had to leave. Chloe is calling me mom sometimes. I correct her and she says "your not mommy, you mamaw!" LOL Then cracks up!
My dh is becoming quite the drunk these days. Hes getting drunk alot, missing work because of it, and hes stealing money from me and my dd. Like, what the heck! He has money! Bet I'm gone next month.
I don't think I told ya. Got my hair cut and thinned out. Feels better!
Well, have to go! Be back later on.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #791
Big Yapper!

Julie, I don't know what the landlady is up to but it sucks. Two appraisals in one summer is a bit much. I know she said she was approached by some other financial institution to get it assessed to see if refinancing would save her money and all this stuff has come from that one idea that was planted in her brain. That's what she told me, anyway. I have no reason to doubt her but if you don't respect me and my limitations or needs, I don't give a rat's @$$ about yours either. She's going to find that out the hard way if she ever does this to me again. Trust me on that one. Renters have rights; especially disabled ones.

You have a group coming to your home? That is good motivation! And a clean home most definitely is nice. I just would rather have had more time to bring mine up to snuff. Now that it's done, I'll keep it nice. I just fell way behind and never could get dug back out. A lot like my body and diet and all that stuff. Maybe this will be the step I needed to get that in order, too. Sometimes straightening out one part of your life helps with getting the kinks out of the other areas.

You'll get the diet figured out, Julie. I'm so proud of you and your dedication to working out. You're really becoming an ANIMAL! I'd love to see you killing it at the gym.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Tammy, good Lord. What's got him drinking so hard right now? Is it because he's worried about Shawn? What do you think is driving it? I hope he stops and you can get things back on track soon. I hate to think of you starting all over. In a month? Tammy, you know I'm always here if you want to text.

I wish Shawn wasn't in such a volatile place. I will try and remember to pray for him and "his brothers." Sometimes I just don't know what to pray. Do ykwim? Sometimes a prayer just doesn't seem broad enough to cover the situation and all I can manage to pray is "please help them and protect them." Seems lame but what else can you say? The wordier the prayer doesn't make it more powerful.

Sleep tight, ladies. Find peace and be still in it. Let's rest tonight like there are no worries in our world.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #792
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I know what ya mean about prayers. I basically say the same one with a few added words here and there. At times I say them to myself in the car, in the shower.....wherever.
I was talking to me dd about my dh and she agrees with me. He started this after Shawn left last christmas. I thought it would stop, but its gotten worse. Its just not the drinking though. Its the stealing money off us, he will walk right past me and not say a word. There are days we never speak to eachother. He leaves and doesn't come home for hours and when he gets home hes so drunk. He didn't go to work this past Monday because, he told my dd, he woke up drunk! I don't like this person at all.
I watched XFactor. Do you watch it? Tamar and Vince is on now. Have to go! ttys!
Old 09-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #793
Big Yapper!

Sounds like he desperately needs someone impartial to talk to. Doubt he'd be willing to seek counseling but do you think he'd go if he believed you were about to throw in the towel? Please (I know you've probably been down this road a dozen times or so), talk to him and tell him what he's gambling away. At least then he will know what choices he's made.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this, Tammy. Marriage can be so f'd up! Any long-term relationships can be, regardless if they are "legal" or not. That's why I decided to cash in my chips when my husband died. If he had lived, I probably would have left his @$$ too. Sad but true.

However things evolve, I'm here for you. I hope he realizes how unhappy you are and how aware you are of what he's doing. He may be so deluded that he thinks he's getting away with the thievery! Alcohol makes you really stupid. I know! First hand.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #794
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi Cheryl,
Hope things work out for your home. Sounds a little worrisome. Are you enjoying the new things you're learning at the farm? I bet you're doing great with it.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #795
Big Yapper!

Thank you, Debby. I am enjoying it on some level. It's a labor of love, or something like that. It's hard to be truly happy when every pore in your body is rapidly expelling sweat. I try to just mop it up and go on with the experience but it's quite an annoyance. I want to get off meds vrs get on more, but if there is a pill I can take that will cut the sweating down significantly without killing my liver, I'd readily take it.

It was cute today, with one of the lessons. It was just a half hour private lesson and we are more or less just trying to elevate her self esteem. We had two side walkers and we were taking a trip across the field and up and down the "sensory trail" and the side walkers were singing every little ditty they could think of. "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands", "twinkle twinkle little star", "Home home on the range," etc. It went on and on and I was getting to the point where I thought I wouldn't be able to get those tunes out of my head tonight when I got home. Thankfully that wasn't the case and our little girl had a good time. Until it was time to dismount, then it was as if we hadn't gone anywhere or sung anything. I think next time I'm going to have to put more thought into what tunes to start. "There she was, just a-walking down the street, singing do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do."

I had a few beers and then thought about today's situation. There were a lot of snafu's. Every time I turned around, I found a gate unlatched (with the horse inside), something done wrong, etc. I found out that the morning barn girl who does a double on Thursdays is ALSO supposed to be the Team Captain and get all the tack in the barn for all the horses lessons. That's just nuts. Clearly, that isn't working. So I texted the manager and said I hoped I didn't regret this tomorrow but I'd do Team Captain on Thursdays with the knowledge that I'm a leader of two horses that afternoon. I can't put all that on that one tired girl.

She does six shifts at the farm and goes to school full time (studying to be a Vet tech or something of that nature.) All we need is for her to burn out and then it will be me and the manager left to tackle it all. Nuh-uh!

All that will mean for me is that I come to the farm two hours earlier than I do already and get the tack all set up for each horse. No big deal and it will help things to go smoother since I'll know everything was done well. That sounds arrogant but you know what they say about "if you want something done right."

Truthfully, I walked past Frodo's stall area and found him standing in his stall doorway and his run-in gate open about 5 inches and swaying in the wind. I closed it and then walked on, looking around for God-only-knows what else. After a while I found that same gate and the one next to it, both chains and latches hooked together, rather than each hooked separately to the ring on the post. I mean, really bone-head stuff. The last thing I found was Charmed in his run-in and his gate unlatched and swinging open. That was the last straw. I told the manager all the crap I'd found but said it was probably the volunteer and not the staff barn girl. She just can't be on top of everything on a day like that! Too darn dangerous.

I wore my new boots today, that arrived via UPS. They are perfect for the farm. They have lots of spring to them, too! If they end up being as waterproof as they claim to be, I may buy another pair eventually. I'm still partial to Good Will.

Night. I'm pooped!

Last edited by CherylB; 09-12-2013 at 09:01 PM..
Old 09-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #796
Big Yapper!

PS: I don't think there is anything going on with the house and her saying that. She's just grasping at straws and didn't want me to make her reschedule the appointment. If it happens again, she will not be so lucky.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #797
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the update Cheryl! Sounds so great, what you do for the kids. Helping & having compassion on those children is very hard work, but I'm sure is very rewarding - spiritually. I'm surprised they haven't found someone to replace the girl that quit yet. That's hard. Hope it turns around soon.

Did you get anywhere with all those tests your Dr took?

Good night Hope you sleep well.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #798
Big Yapper!

Honestly, I never even drove down to his office to get the lab order. One thing led to another, the weather changed and it got much cooler and less humid and my symptoms abated a lot. They returned with a vengeance this past three days with this "last gasp" of summer and I know I need to go take care of the lab work. I'm one of those people who likes to put things on the back burner whenever possible. I love to live in a cave. Put the blinders on for as long as it works for you. That's me!

They haven't been looking for a replacement for that other girl who left. If I said I couldn't take the added hours and the other girl said she couldn't manage all that she's taking on, they'd have to look for another person. But the morning girl actually took on one additional shift for the money and I took on one more, then the manager took on one or two. All the shifts the other girl vacated were swallowed up pretty easily. But winter's coming and we might find it difficult to find someone else when we are at our wit's end.

I know of a website where you can post jobs for horses and farms and if it comes to that, I'm pretty sure we can find someone qualified and willing pretty darn quick. I personally feel comfortable working three days a week. Once the lessons end for the season, it will just be paid time. Well, that's not true because the horses will still need to be worked. UGH~
Old 09-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #799
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, I sure know about putting things off. When I had the adrenal exhaustion I could only deal with one "other" appointment a month... like Dr, dentist, mechanic, accountant, etc... took all I could muster just to make myself make the appointment... then all I can to go. I'm so thankful to feel better again!
So, I hope you can muster the energy to get down there & get help.
That's so great Cheryl, that you can handle three days a week now. That's real progress, hey?!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #800
Big Yapper!

Correction: I work four shifts per week, and do the leading on Thursday pm as a volunteer. I don't have many days off. And there are a slew of things coming up like the Mum Festival Parade where they decorate a wagon for the farm and pull it with a tractor and a few other events like bowling and what have you. Tomorrow is an orientation and I just won't be going. I am pooped! I tried to get the manager to do my shift today, since she was already going to be there but she said she'd rather not.

That stuff you said you took for the adrenal support is Isocort, right? Is it the current formulation? I ask because when you sent me the information, I was reading the reviews and someone said that the original formula worked great but now that they changed it, it wasn't as helpful. I want to be sure I'm getting what works.

Going to drag myself to go get dressed and then haul my butt down to the local Dunkin Donuts for a couple coffees. It's much cooler today so that will be fabulous! Maybe that will rejuvenate me. It's really cloudy today which I wasn't expecting.

Have a lovely day, ladies. I'll bbl.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #801
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

They did just change the formula. After checking my labels I see what I bought is still the old formula. But comparing, I see they just added Starch Arrowroot & Maltodextrin. Which I guess could "dilute" the original... but then you should be able to just use more. My naturopath is also not happy about the reformulation... & looking for an alternative. I seriously doubt there is anything as good. It's a very reasonable price, & I don't think you can lose for trying it (if you're low in cortisol, that is).

Good for you, getting a rest tomorrow.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #802
Big Yapper!

Thanks for checking your isocort formulation. Like you said, I don't lose much by trying. But if you do find something that is closer to the original "recipe" of the isocort you've been taking, please let me know the name of it and where it can be found.

Yes, tomorrow I chill. Please God; let me chill. Let me chill without guilt, knowing that the others at the farm will be doing anything BUT chilling. Please give me peace and let me be selfish for one day. Amen.

I had a good day. It was breezy and sunny and much cooler. Got to watch the volunteers during their riding lessons in the arena and that's always fun. I learn a lot just by watching. And with the shortening of the day, we are back to having smashing sunsets on the hill. We even had a low fly-over of Canada Geese. I hollered out, "Goodbye!" The director laughed.

Apparently the other barn girl who took that other job is now riding and jumping with the horses over there and she hasn't been in touch with our manager in a couple weeks. I guess she doesn't need us anymore. I will step up my game and do my best to be all that she was to the animals. It's time I rose to the occasion. I have to put fear aside and believe I can achieve. After so many years of feeling like I couldn't achieve anymore, it's tough to think of yourself on those terms again.

10 pm here and I'm going to settle in for a comfortable night's sleep, God willing. I have the windows open and it's 57 degrees and falling. Great snuggling-under-the-comforter weather.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #803
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's great! Sounds like you had a very positive day. The rest will do the body good, just like Laura found out. I sure appreciated my day off today, though I accomplished a lot here, its still great to just stay home & do your own stuff.

Have a good sleep!
Old 09-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #804
Big Yapper!

Thank you. You too!
Old 09-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #805
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Julie, I don't know what the landlady is up to but it sucks. Two appraisals in one summer is a bit much. I know she said she was approached by some other financial institution to get it assessed to see if refinancing would save her money and all this stuff has come from that one idea that was planted in her brain. That's what she told me, anyway. I have no reason to doubt her but if you don't respect me and my limitations or needs, I don't give a rat's @$$ about yours either. She's going to find that out the hard way if she ever does this to me again. Trust me on that one. Renters have rights; especially disabled ones.

You have a group coming to your home? That is good motivation! And a clean home most definitely is nice. I just would rather have had more time to bring mine up to snuff. Now that it's done, I'll keep it nice. I just fell way behind and never could get dug back out. A lot like my body and diet and all that stuff. Maybe this will be the step I needed to get that in order, too. Sometimes straightening out one part of your life helps with getting the kinks out of the other areas.

You'll get the diet figured out, Julie. I'm so proud of you and your dedication to working out. You're really becoming an ANIMAL! I'd love to see you killing it at the gym.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Tammy, good Lord. What's got him drinking so hard right now? Is it because he's worried about Shawn? What do you think is driving it? I hope he stops and you can get things back on track soon. I hate to think of you starting all over. In a month? Tammy, you know I'm always here if you want to text.

I wish Shawn wasn't in such a volatile place. I will try and remember to pray for him and "his brothers." Sometimes I just don't know what to pray. Do ykwim? Sometimes a prayer just doesn't seem broad enough to cover the situation and all I can manage to pray is "please help them and protect them." Seems lame but what else can you say? The wordier the prayer doesn't make it more powerful.

Sleep tight, ladies. Find peace and be still in it. Let's rest tonight like there are no worries in our world.
You are so right! When I buckle down in one area of my life, the others seem to come more easily too. Discipline seems to spread! I got home from taking cake of my mom yesterday, and my dd(13) had cleaned up most of the mess I was dreading!! It was such a lovely surprise! I had asked her to vacuum and dd(10) also, (they split up the downstairs) and she took it further and cleaned the family room and living room! Dd(10) cleaned the playroom upstairs. I was so pleased and proud! I've been catching a cold and was really dreading cleaning up. We're getting better at keeping it clean, so hopefully with everyone on board we can keep it tidy. I'm sure you're enjoying your place cleaner too!

I was just thinking while reading your posts, How long have you been working at the farm now? Even back to the volunteer time? Look how far you've come! That's some hard, demanding work you're doing. You should take a moment to be proud of yourself and think back to all the time you were wishing and hoping to work with horses. And here you are!! Integral to the farm and enjoying the kids too! So happy for you!! Yes, it's grueling sometimes, but you don't quit, you push through and keep going! that's a big deal! With the cooler wether, and your new boots, you'll have an even better time of it. Enjoy that Fall weather and know I'm jealous of it. I miss real Fall, but come January I'll be happy here.

Tay-hang in there! That sounds like a hard road to walk. You are a strong woman, holding your family together, caring for Chloe, helping your dd and praying for your ds. I'll be praying your dh comes to his senses and stops drinking, it's so hard. My dh had a problem w/ it years ago. I finally gave him an ultimatum - if he wanted to get drunk, that was fine, but not in my house. He gave it up. He's been dry ever since, not even 1 beer. He's an all or nothing kind of guy. Hope he comes around. Hang in there!
Old 09-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #806
Big Yapper!

Love your post, Julie! I began orientation at the farm right after Thanksgiving in 2011, then my first time volunteering was January 2012. I volunteered twice a week for the entire year and then January of this year, they offered me the job. I used to help out in the office too but that was before I had to buckle down and get moved out of my house that was foreclosing (that still hasn't been foreclosed on, if you can believe that). After I moved, I just never got back to helping in the office and that sort of bothered me. On one hand, it was a relief. She was giving me tasks that were really pushing the boundaries of what I knew how to do and it was becoming stressful. It stopped being fun.

So, not counting the orientations in 2011, I have been hands-on for 21 months now. Hard to believe! I was in the 180's (lbs) when I started there and now I'm in the 2-teens. Much more difficult to do the work at this weight. You know what kicked me above the 200's again? The final straw that pushed me up there? When I was broke and dumpster diving and the only thing I could find was Dunkin Donuts. Was it worth it? Not now! Back then, I thought it was.

That's so awesome that the girls cleaned up the house while you were gone. That's a true sign of maturity and respect. WTG, young ladies! Way to help your Mom! And way to make her feel good all day long. What was the cake for? Is it your Mom's birthday or something?

Speaking of Fall weather, it's back again. I had the windows open last night and was looking forward to keeping them open, but around 11pm, it got too cold and I closed every one of them up tight. Right now it's only 62 at 12:30 pm. Wild, considering it was 90 two days ago. Woke up and opened up all the windows again. I wish you could experience some Fall right now. Take a drive up to Prescott! I love that you can drive and be in a different environment entirely.

I am so relaxed at this moment. It's so nice to know that I don't have to take a shower and get dressed and go anywhere. I need a day like this at least once but preferably twice a week. This week it wasn't possible, thanks to my dear landlady.

Have a lovely day. Tammy, I join Julie in wishing you well and hoping your DH comes to his senses. How are you today?
Old 09-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #807
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Just waving hello from here in dust and noise-land! Glad to hear you're doing well!

And now, I'm off to slack off all day watching college football (with the background noise of power saws...)
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #808
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
You are so right! When I buckle down in one area of my life, the others seem to come more easily too. Discipline seems to spread! I got home from taking cake of my mom yesterday, and my dd(13) had cleaned up most of the mess I was dreading!! It was such a lovely surprise! I had asked her to vacuum and dd(10) also, (they split up the downstairs) and she took it further and cleaned the family room and living room! Dd(10) cleaned the playroom upstairs. I was so pleased and proud! I've been catching a cold and was really dreading cleaning up. We're getting better at keeping it clean, so hopefully with everyone on board we can keep it tidy. I'm sure you're enjoying your place cleaner too!

I was just thinking while reading your posts, How long have you been working at the farm now? Even back to the volunteer time? Look how far you've come! That's some hard, demanding work you're doing. You should take a moment to be proud of yourself and think back to all the time you were wishing and hoping to work with horses. And here you are!! Integral to the farm and enjoying the kids too! So happy for you!! Yes, it's grueling sometimes, but you don't quit, you push through and keep going! that's a big deal! With the cooler wether, and your new boots, you'll have an even better time of it. Enjoy that Fall weather and know I'm jealous of it. I miss real Fall, but come January I'll be happy here.

Tay-hang in there! That sounds like a hard road to walk. You are a strong woman, holding your family together, caring for Chloe, helping your dd and praying for your ds. I'll be praying your dh comes to his senses and stops drinking, it's so hard. My dh had a problem w/ it years ago. I finally gave him an ultimatum - if he wanted to get drunk, that was fine, but not in my house. He gave it up. He's been dry ever since, not even 1 beer. He's an all or nothing kind of guy. Hope he comes around. Hang in there!
I like this!
Old 09-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #809
Big Yapper!

I do too, Tammy. Julie, that was a very special post. Thank you for all the kind and uplifting things you said to us. God bless you.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:02 AM   #810
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Goot mortint! Ever watch Tyler Perry Madia movies? LOL
How are you today? I'm rested, even though I held Chloe so she could sleep! My dh, dd and her bf and one of his friends watched The Mayweather fight. I turned it on once in a while. When there was a commercial during the shows I was watching. LOL I knew he'd win. I like boxing. My son boxed while he was young. It helped him alot. Then his coach stopped coaching bc his wife was dying. Sad. He was an older man with many wins under his belt. He said Shawn was good too. We wanted shawn to box in the military and we may bring that up to him again in the future.
Ok, so, after some thought I'm going to "hang in there" for a little while. I know its inevitable that I'm going to throw in the towel. Really, I've stayed ONLY bc of my son. Now, its Chloe.
72* today, so, a nice day! Thurs and Fri.....almost 80* again! Then back into the low 70's. Crazy weather. No wonder Chloe has this awful cold! Last time she had a cold, it turned into Pneumonia.
well, bbl!