Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 07:25 AM   #751
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
I thought hormones also. But heck, I'm in hormone hell myself! LOL I'm getting headaches, night sweats and hot flashes all day long! And throw in some mood swings! Hope your dr orders some tests for you.
Watching Doc McStuffins with Chloe and she's getting upset with me bc I'm not talking to her. Better go til she takes a nap.
BBL
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #752
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
i'm sorry your hormones are all askew. when the hell are you going to catch a freakin break? I never heard of that program.

I got the dr to order the labs so i'll get the slip tomorrow. if I can get them drawn tomorrow, I will. they refilled my sleep med and did EXACTLY what I told them not to. they faxed it to my local pharmacy instead of the mail order place. will call and try to get the refill where it belongs.

got home really late from work. it was our first day of our fall program. it went much smoother than I expected. now i'm off tomorrow then go to the farm on Thursday afternoon to lead daphne and charmed in two lessons. well, 1.5 lessons. weather is supposed to be nice.

typing with left hand and eating with my right. only way I can find time to do both. have a good night. ttyt.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #753
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi girls,
Sounds interesting & challenging; learning new things with the horses.

I'm happy for you, getting those tests ordered. that it gives you some answers. You get paid today? Going grocery shopping?
Molly picked at her food today, till tonight & then ate a bit more. She's my "captive"
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #754
Big Yapper!

Yep! Got my once-a-month payday today and tomorrow I get paid from the farm, which is twice a month. I am so thankful to have a job. I remember how destitute I was before they hired me. Living is so much easier to do with just a few hundred more dollars per month. Thank you, Lord.

I did stop for a few things at the grocery store but it's Tuesday and that's the day of the week when the seniors get their discounts. I need to remember that and steer clear of that store every Tuesday. OMG. It's amazing how long it takes some of the old folks to use a debit machine and stuff like that. I really do feel for them cause they are trying to live in a brave new world when they are still back in the 20th century. But I still don't want to be standing in a long line behind them!

Goodnight. Off to bed now, I hope. I really hope I can sleep well. I forgot to tell anyone this but I was rudely awakened at 0930 today by Cisco barking like mad at the front door. I dragged myself out of bed and out of a sound sleep and peaked out the window. Two women were standing there. I cracked open the door and they were Jehovah's Witnesses. I said, "I'm sleeping and I'm NOT a Jehovah's Witness." She felt really bad and it bothered me the way I reacted to her, but honestly, I should have just shut the door and said nothing.

My father was a JW. If he couldn't convert me, they sure can't. My Mom always used to say this when they came knocking on her door: "No thanks. I just divorced one!"
Old 09-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #755
Big Yapper!

This sucks. I had a hair appointment at 5 for today but I got a text from my landlady saying the plumber is coming today and I need to let him in so he can go down into the basement and fix a busted hot water heater that does the upstairs apartment. I don't know how the upstairs guy got INTO the basement to find that out, cause they don't have a basement access unless through my apartment. There is an outside entrance but I don't think anyone ever uses that. We have one of the all-time creepiest basements around. Spider webs galore.

So after waiting a few hours to see if he'd show up, I decided to cancel the hair appointment. She can do it at 2 tomorrow but then I'll have to get home and blowdry it and then get to the farm for those lessons I'm leading the horses in. Cutting it a little close for my tastes.

I slept super late today and decided to get the lab work order tomorrow. But that is now out the window as well. Maybe I can get the labs done on Friday. I have no one to blame for all this but myself because I feel the need to sleep half the day away. Doesn't leave much time left for living.

Debby, in response to what you said about my program director at the farm, Christians do tend to think of those things as being "new age." But they were ancient beliefs; eons before anything written of in our Holy Bible. I have struggled with what to believe and what not to believe but I have to say that I am most troubled (being a Christian) by the way we Christians just discount anything that isn't talked about in the Bible. Well, nowhere in the Bible does it talk about the dinosaur age or cave men or anything like that, but you can't tell me that they didn't exist. I think God tells us only what He thinks we need to know and can handle.

He is infinite. How can all truth be found between the covers of our Bible? Our Bible was put together by men who decided what books were worthy of being included and the rest were "cast out." The Apocrypha, I believe the other books were called. Then there are the Dead Sea Scrolls, and many other writings from back then.

All I'm saying is that we should keep an open mind and at least consider that there is truth in what others believe as well. Reiki is about energy. We all know that we are made up of energy. We all (and all things in life) have a vibration. Science has proven that energy can't be created or destroyed, so that makes sense and fits into our beliefs of life eternal. But what Christians don't want to think about is how we as living beings are affected by the energy all around us, and literally running through us.

Working with the horses, it is much more tangible than ever before. We have an energy bubble all around us. Our bubble is smaller than the ones the horses have but when we get within their energy bubble, they can feel what we're feeling. They see in pictures and they can see what we visualize. They often do what we envision them to do. That is what we are all supposed to be perfecting while working there. Less verbal cues and more using our brains and our energy to connect and get the horses to do what we ask of them.

I realize this is difficult to listen to and a part of you (or any Christian reading this) is putting up walls to block out the information and prevent these ideas from taking root. But I've been through all that and I don't want to be closed off to truth, wherever it may be found. We are 100% right and the other beliefs 100% wrong? How could that be possible? I'm willing to make use of truth of all kinds, because truth by its very nature is of God.

I'm not a believer in these things yet, but I'm open to learning. And I'm seeing it take shape in the horses and our interaction with them. Talk about a living laboratory! It's a place where we can test out those theories and see if they hold water. As shocking as it is, they seem to have weight.

If you don't agree and want to say something to the contrary, I'd rather you didn't. We just have to agree to disagree.

I just texted the LL about the plumber's whereabouts and she said he would have called her if he'd come here already. She said I can turn all the lights on down in the basement and the plumber can go in the rear hatchway, the same way the upstairs neighbor got in there. That answers my other question. So I'm off to Dunkin Donuts for a coffee. I need one.

Last edited by CherylB; 09-04-2013 at 01:01 PM..
Old 09-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #756
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Sounds like your day just isn't going as planned. Sometimes that's the way it goes. My day has taken a turn also. My walk is going to be later in the afternoon, which is great, I like it then anyway!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #757
Big Yapper!

I'll bet the weather is getting really gorgeous up where you live. It's getting pleasant here but it isn't quite there yet. I'll take it, though. I think the beastly stuff is behind us now.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #758
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Catching up here again. I'm glad the weather is getting more bearable for everyone - including up here for me!

Cheryl, good for you for getting the lab work done to figure out the physical crazy stuff. And good luck on your increased hours at the farm! That will mean more money too, won't it?

Tammy, I'm glad you're increasingly better physically, although the hormone problems are hitting.

Walks later in the day or else early in the morning *are* nicer, aren't they Debbie?

I had a pj day myself today - feeling half guilty and half luxurious. But my weight is seriously out of control - I weigh more than I ever have in my life. Just haven't cared enough. But trying to get some steam up to do better!

Have a good evening ladies!
Old 09-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #759
Big Yapper!

Hey, Plum! It's always nice to see you again. I love PJ days! I'm sorry to hear you're at an all-time high weight. I'm closer to where you are than to where I was. I feel your pain. I don't remember. Was it HCG where we met? It's been so long since we hung out together. Do you think HCG screwed you up more than it helped you? I'd love to hear your thoughts about that.

I've been watching past seasons of The Biggest Loser. You can't argue with their results but it would be hard to put in that many hours of exercise per day. I've considered starting back at the gym and dedicating 2-3 hours per day. They do more like 6-8 but that's just insane. 2-3 is doable for someone in my position. I am blessed not to have a full-time job and all I need to do is drag my lazy @$$ out of bed by 10 am to make it happen. How hard could that be?

Talk to me, Plum. If you'd rather PM me, then do that. I just want to talk with you and compare notes.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #760
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Yep Cheryl, we met at HCG, which worked really well for me. I don't think it messed me up really, I think I messed me up. And Me and Myself. =} I got to within ten or twelve lbs of goal and I just started cheating more and more. Now a year later I've gained it all back plus a bit. [IMG][/IMG]

I do need to add exercise in, that's one thing I didn't do. How will you ever fit in 2-3 hours each day into your schedule??

Last edited by pendragginp; 09-04-2013 at 07:59 PM..
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #761
Big Yapper!

I'm not saying that I WILL do 2-3 hours per day, I'm saying I should. And I could do it easily if I just got out of bed at a normal hour and maybe spent less time laying around watching TV and being online.

I wasn't doing HCG all the way to my lowest weight but I got less than 20 lbs from goal when I stopped progressing and started sliding back into old habits. It's crazy, isn't it? I was feeling so good. Instead of hiding from a camera, I told my sister, "Take my picture!" That was the one and only day I was in the 150's. And when I saw the pictures she took of me, I only thought, "You need to wear makeup, girl!"

Where did you get that crazy smiley? I'd love to know so I can also go see what they have on the other site. I do smiley searches sometimes but don't come up with anything good.

I am going to get ready for my hair appointment, then I'll come home for a bit and then head back to the farm. BBL.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #762
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello everyone! It's such a gorgeous day out!
I'm getting my dd to cut my hair today too. I'm getting about 3 inches cut off and getting my half bangs back. No color yet.
Chloe went to her first day of "school"! Its a program a church has in a nearby town. Such a good place. The teacher said she cried off and on for short periods of time, didn't like to go from room to room for different activities but she'd go. She said Chloe is very observant. Oh yes she is! She watches everything everyone does. LOL
So I get to take her on Tuesdays, so we'll see how she does knowing I'm leaving her there. We snuck away this morning. She just goes Tues & Thurs from 9-11. It'll teach her alot and get her ready for real school. Today she made a bumble bee name tag for her first ever craft!
My dd bought her a little bouquet of flowers from the flower shop for her. She loved them!
Hope you have a good day at the farm and your haircut turns out good.
ttys!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 09-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #763
Big Yapper!

Aw! Chloe will be into school soon. She'll get a taste for socializing and playing and creating and it will be something she really digs after a while. She got flowers too? That little girl is ADORED. I hope she knows how blessed she is. If not at her age, then someday.

I got the hair cut. I had a picture of a couple of cuts I liked on my phone so we went with the one that will be step #1, getting me to the other hair cut. As it grows out, it will be closer to hair cut #2. I will post pics of both. PS: It doesn't look a thing like it was supposed to and I'm not sure why. Maybe I just don't have "the right stuff." I'm not upset I got it cut. It will look good in time. Not one single soul at the farm noticed I got it cut. I'm not known for great hair. And I'm always so sweaty that my hair is a nightmare.

After cutting my hair I came home and then ended up at the farm to lead in two lessons. I did long lining with Daphne. I didn't know why we long lined vs leading at their head but I got "schooled" today. We long line because the horse is nippy during the lesson and we are farther away from their teeth. She was a very bad girl.

Then I was leading Charmed and he was supposed to be long lined too, but I was told that he was a lot better when being lead out of the arena (where we were heading) so I said we'd try with just the regular lead rope. He was a bugger too. It could have been worse but neither one of those lessons left me feeling like I did a fantastic job. I am satisfied with how things went, over all.

It was fabulous weather here too, Tammy! Isn't it heavenly? OMG! If only it could stay like this all year long. I'd never say another untoward thing about CT for as long as I lived!

So, back to the hair thing. I'm going to have to fire up the curling iron and just pop a couple of curls in my hair. It is surprisingly fast and easy. I just hold the curl for a couple of seconds and then let it go and do the next one. I turn the iron so that the hair is facing the back of my head and it makes a very fast and full head of hair. THEN someone will notice! I might even put a little makeup on. Then they will be blown away and not recognize me at all.

It was the strangest thing. When I got home and walked into the house, it was warmer inside than it was outside, and I had the windows closed and air conditioners on! I decided to shut the a/c off and open the windows for the night. It's going to be in the 40's tonight so I'm going to bring the outdoor potted plants inside. Not looking forward to that but don't want them to die, either.

Have a wonderful night, everyone. Tammy, did you get your hair trimmed today? Nice that you can get it done at home. Can't beat that!

Last edited by CherylB; 09-05-2013 at 05:56 PM..
Old 09-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #764
Big Yapper!

"My hair cut." Hardy har har. The longer cut is what I'm working toward. I need to get highlights or something to make it prettier and that will cost a whopping $80. I may have to just color the whole thing. It would be a lot cheaper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hair I want 4.jpg (46.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Hair I want 2.jpg (18.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #765
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey! I had a similar haircut at one time. Its not hard to take care of. But this time my hair is one length, not much fussing with it. I don't feel like bothering with it right now so kept it simple.
Chloe talked about "school" all day! I cried when we left her. So did my dd, I wasn't alone! LOL This is def good for her. Tues will certainly be harder bc she'll know I'm leaving.
Today was a gorgeous day! Chloe and I left her mom home and we went shopping. I bought her a Doc McStuffins dr kit. It has a fake bp cuff, stethoscope, syringe and that thing that the dr uses with a light to look in your ears or throat. She picked it out. She liked a Minnie Mouse doll but when she saw that kit she went nuts!!! LOL Makes me happy to make her happy! She got a steeler jersey too (Polamalu #42).
We went grocery shopping and it was more chloe's groceries than the families. LOL She got cupcakes, muffin tops, sweet tarts, cereal, her yogurt (for kids), she wanted hot dogs so I got those, her frozen veggies she likes (rotini noodles with carrots, broccoli and corn in a light cheese sauce). You get the picture? LOL
Your day at the farm sounds like you were busy! I love horses and love riding. My legs and back wouldn't have any of it now.
How have you been sleeping? Hope you're getting rested.
Gosh! Guess what? My ds post was attacked on the 3rd. Found out today. They called it an enemy indirect fire attack. Whatever that is, the artillery guys had to fire back. They're the guys who fire weapons long range. I found out from the fb page for his Battalion. I'm gonna look online for his post to see if there's anything posted about it. Well....ttyt! Good night!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #766
Big Yapper!

Wow! When I die, I want to come back as Chloe! That little girl has got it made.

I'm sorry to hear about your son's attack. It's almost hard to believe that this was their first one. I know how hard it is for you to have him in harm's way and I pray that he comes home to you in good physical form as well as good spirits.

I go back and forth between wanting my hair layered and having it one length, but the thing with layering it is that you pretty much are stuck keeping it layered. The growing pains are more than I can bare.

I'm heading off to bed now. I volunteered information via text to my manager about my day at the farm and she's upset that I gave Charmed that pitiful little organic "home grown" apple. I can't win. She said he has ulcers and that's why she only gives treats at certain times per day. Well, she only gives treats to all the horses on that measured regimen. I just wish I had kept my mouth shut. That is the lesson I learned. Not to not give him an apple every now and again, but to keep it to myself. Sad.

Sleeping? It's about the same. If I have enough drugs and a few beers, it's pretty smooth sailing. If something happens to wake me up, it's hard to get back in the zone and sleep more. I am hell-bent on sleeping as much as I can. If I could just let that go, I'd have so much more life to live. But a big part of me finds sleeping to be the best part of my day.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #767
Big Yapper!

I forgot to tell of my exciting boot developments! The pair I bought on Amazon three months ago separated. The right boot; the heel from the back of the shoe. Well, I went to the seller and they asked for pics. I provided those and they said since they had been worn, I should contact the manufacturer. So I suspected I was going to get the run-around. Well, I called the 1-800 number and spoke to the rep there and I got to go to their own website, look through all their boots and choose a pair of comparable value. Call them back and tell them what I wanted and that was that! I have a new pair of boots in the mail. I think these boots will be a better fit, in more ways than one.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #768
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yayyy on getting better boots! You want to come back as Chloe! LOL She does have it made.
Oh gosh....here comes a hot flash!!!! I was in line at the grocery store yesterday and got one. Of all times to have one. I had nothing to fan myself either. I'm going to have to start carrying something along with a wash cloth. The 18th can't get here quick enough.
I imagine that there has been other gunfire between the insurgents and my son's base. But August was the worst month they've had and its still happening. They had 30 days in a row of attacks and sometimes more than one in 24 hrs. I was in tears last night. I was talking on fb to one of his friends who is at a different base and he was aware of a couple small "battles" but was completely unaware of how much they've been attacked. He moves around alot and he said he didn't hear of any talk about it. I told him it was in a reporter's blog who is at my son's base.
No wonder he wanted his ammo pouch he had ordered and said it'll help keep him alive. I told his friend he had said that. He couldn't beieve it. He asked if he actually said those words! Geeze! I am not making up this crap!!!! UGH!
I'll have to tell my dh what I read. None of this is on tv anymore. They use to report about attacks. Well chloe just sat on my lap and she feels warm. Have to take her temp. She calls me Dr Mamaw! LOL
Old 09-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #769
Big Yapper!

Oh no. I'm sorry to hear that there is so much actual fighting going on where your son is. I hate to see what the world has become. Lord, please watch over those who are fighting for good and let them triumph over evil. Amen.

My sister carries this water bottle in the summer that has a fan attached to it. She's such a goof ball. I think it's a mister with a fan, actually. Not a water bottle for drinking. Maybe keep something in your purse (like a thin cardboard-type piece of something-or-other) and you can whip it out when the flash starts. What is happening on the 18th?

What a binge I had last night! After I get paid and have some money, there's nothing stopping me from getting whatever I want. I ate my face off last night. I don't understand what drives me to eat so much in the evening. It's like someone fired a starter's pistol and I go to town. It has nothing to do with hunger; it's all "appetite." I ate nothing all day but that's how I roll. I am not hungry most of the time. But I heard of a disorder that causes people to over eat in the evenings and no doubt I've got it in spades.

Another gorgeous day here. 64 degrees at 2:30 pm! Sunny and crisp air. I have the day off, too. Back to the farm tomorrow pm for work. It's supposed to be lovely all through my work week. They are predicting rain and t-storms around Wed/Thurs but they can't accurately predict that far in advance. I might get hit with the wet stuff before Wednesday.

I even pulled my outdoor plants in from the front porch last night. I didn't want them to get chilled to the bone. I'll keep them in one more night and see how the night temps go.

Have a lovely day, ladies. Tammy, hang in there!
Old 09-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #770
Big Yapper!

Going to work this afternoon. Another gorgeous day! Hope the manager is at work, like she's supposed to be. I also hope that the volunteers show up. Last time I did a Saturday, they both called out. AND the manager was there. But she was visiting with her sister who was down from Maine so manager didn't help me. I told her to go visit but it was a lot of work to do with no volunteer. Kind of grates on you to see someone sitting around sipping a beer.

I hope you all are having a nice day. BBL.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #771
Big Yapper!

Work was fine. Manager was there. Two Saturday shifts in a row, and I only do every other Saturday. She's supposed to be at her other job. I don't know which end is up anymore. She told me she took the week off to take a trip but then didn't have any money.

The guy who cuts the fields and bales up the hay had 101 bales ready for us this afternoon. She didn't put any feelers out to get volunteers to help but at least she didn't expect me to do anything other than keep the count. She knows loading hay just wastes me. So 101 bales later, we have room for about 50 more bales in that hay room and we'll have to figure out where the rest is going to go. We have room in the other barn but it wasn't stacked properly and it's a nightmare waiting to be reorganized. I hope they do it on a day when I'm not around.

Both volunteers showed up. It was great having their help. I didn't have to clean any of the paddocks myself so that was nice. Ellen (the goat) got to roam around and munch on grass and she got a little far away. She found a lower field that had grass up to her belly and when I went to go steer her in the direction of the barn, she resisted. It was the first time she actually said "Ba-aa-aa-aa!" She wanted to just eat and eat until the sun went down. I couldn't let her be that far away when I have other things to do. She might travel even farther.

Mariah (the white mini) was coughing a lot today. She has a respiratory condition but it was quite a lot of coughing compared to usual. She was farting with each cough and we couldn't help but chuckle. I gave her a couple of peppermint candies cause her owner believes in holistic treatments for everything. I gave her two and then I had to give Domenic and Candy one each, so they wouldn't feel left out. It started a small skirmish. No one was injured.

I have no Restoril to help me sleep tonight so I'm hoping I can drift off somewhat naturally. It'll be in the 50's tonight and I'm leaving some windows open. I'll drink a couple of beers and see if I can find something really dull to read.

Going to work today. 75 degrees and sunny. Winds are supposed to be pretty brisk. Will make things interesting with the horses. They tend to act a little spooky when it's really windy. I guess they get all sorts of scents wafting past their noses and it stimulates them.

Have a great day!

Last edited by CherylB; 09-08-2013 at 10:33 AM..
Old 09-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #772
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Reading back ~~ sounds like your weather is getting to the wonderful time of year ! I'm jealous !
Glad work is going well and good job getting your hair cut ! I have been contemplating layering mine even more and shortening it back up. lol ! We never want what we have do we ?
Trip was great ! So absolutely beautiful... I almost cried when we got off the boat in the Caymans ...I was so overcome. Never thought I would get to see the gorgeous waters I have only seen on TV.... Kinda sappy I know, but how I felt <3 It was terrific

Tay , very scary for your son. Prayers going up for his safety!

Will update my page in a bit. Doing laundry and making a homemade pizza ~~ uh, yeah, I have been eating carbs ... and still am !

ttyl !

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #773
Big Yapper!

That's so wonderful! I can't wait to see your pics, but alas, I must. You just do what you need to do in order to get back in the swing of things and we'll be ready and waiting when you're able.

Work was fine. Lovely, in fact. Had two volunteers rather than the usual three. For some unknown reason, the other woman has just gone missing. She hasn't been taking her riding lesson on Friday afternoons either. I hope she's okay. God only knows the reason for her absence.

No more hay to load today so that made me happy. Mini's got taken for a walk by the volunteers. I took Ellen the goat on her leash but she got about half way to the "Sensory Trail" and she put the brakes on. I couldn't get her to advance so we turned back around and she was in a forward motion again. You can't drag an animal somewhere that they don't want to go. Oh, well. I meant well!

All the horses got groomed and then the manager took her trimmers and shaved their "bridle path" (where the bridle and halter strap lays behind their ears). It all went smoothly, which shocked me. So rarely can I say that about a farm story! Even Daphne behaved, although I could see the whites of her eyes as she was getting shaved. She did well, considering how she normally does. I gave her a peppermint candy a while later but should have given it right then to reward her.

There was a heavenly breeze blowing at the farm today. The gnats were bad and I got a few bites but what can ya do? I didn't even bother using bug repellant. It does so little anyway. I got a nickel-sized bite on my left butt cheek and a couple more on the left and right side of my face. Par for the course.

Goodnight and rest well, ladies. I'm back to work tomorrow and lessons for the disabled resume. Will write about it tomorrow night. Wish us luck! There's a staff meeting at 2:30 so it will be a long day. Will take extra coffee.

Last edited by CherylB; 09-08-2013 at 05:54 PM..
Old 09-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #774
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have a nice day at the farm. Things here are crazy. Chloe's dad is in an uproar. He got a little part time job and ....Voila! Child support was taken out! LOL He texts my dd telling her to tell them NOT to take it out and she said no. Heck, its $30! I guess he thought they wouldn't get him. He could get 5 jobs and they'd take a % of each one. He thinks that $360 he pays out of his full time job goes a long way. I just spent $200 on clothes for Chloe this fall. And thats not alot of clothes either. I should've saved the receipts to show him. Oh, I bought her shoes that were $50 last week too. What a jerk! He tried telling her he pays over $700 in support. IF he payed that much, she wouldn't be living at home! I'm sorry, I just get disgusted with him and his ignorance. He told my dd he's getting a lawyer and get joint custody of Chloe. NOW he has lost his mind! The agreement they have is a done deal. He can't up and change it bc now he's paying $60 more a month!
Maybe I shoulda emailed this to you! LOL Too late now. I'll have arthritis in my thumbs if I retyped this! LOL
I have Chloe 10 hrs now on Monday's. My dd's schedule was changed because a girl was fired Friday. But now she has Thursdays, Fridays and most Sundays off. She's happy with it. Not sure about this 10 hr day! Oh, we'll be ok.
Glad your weather is cooling down. 82* here today and the rest of the wk its going to be very close to 90*! I'm tired of those days. I'm ready for fall.....NOW! LOL
Well, ttyl. Have a good day!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #775
Big Yapper!

Wow. Chloe's sperm donor is a real mess, isn't he! But honestly, I don't see how your dd could live on her own unless she was right next door cause you do so much for Chloe. If she had to pay for child care, she'd be in the red.

I can't believe it's still hot where you are! Today it's only 63 (according to the temperature on my cellphone widget.) It's been cooler but not THAT cool during the day. It's going to feel amazing at the farm.

I have to go an hour early for a staff meeting. They seem to have these pretty often. I'm not really sure why but I'll try to come up with something to contribute before I go. Last time, they went around the table and asked each of us to bring up any concerns or topics and they went to me first. Talk about the "deer in the headlights" look. My brain went blank and I'm sure if I hadn't been surprised with this question, I could have had something valid to say.

I just watched the local on the 8's on the weather channel. It says 68 today, then we jump up into the 80's and almost 90 for three days, then drop back to the 60's the very next day. How is that possible??? I hope that was a huge mistake on their part. You'd think if this was the true forecast, they'd be making a much bigger deal about it and explaining what is the cause.

My coffee should be done now so I'm going to post this before I walk away. Hang in there, Tammy! Fall is just a few days away for you (and me too, apparently.) Have a lovely day.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #776
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, Jason is a jerk. Thats Chloe's dad.
My dd could move out if she ever made enough money. Chloe would be spending the night alot, thats all. No biggie! LOL
I checked our weather forecast too. Thurs will be 73* and on Friday it'll be 63*! But Tomorrow and Wed are going to be scorchers! LOL
Chloe's clothes are out for tomorrow, her backpack ready and I have her excited to go. But it could go south when we pull in the parking lot. Hope I don't cry too! I did Thursday and my dd made fun of me. But she was sniffling too. LOL Oh, what to do for an hr & a half. It seems such a waste of gas to come back home, but I might. She has to be there at 8:55 and picked up at 11.
I have to take my dd to work at 8 so chloe has to be ready before we leave. My dh is on daylight so he'll be gone at 4 a.m. Geeze!
Well, going to aleep now. Good night.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #777
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Hope your day at work and meeting went good ! The weather sounds so amazing ! still hot and humid here of course, with mosquitos too ;/ They love me

Have a good night !

Tay - Chloe is lucky to have you
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #778
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, btw, these hotflashes are a pain! LOL I think you asked before what the 18th is. Thats my follow up appt for my gyn. I'm healing and feel pretty good now. Still have to be careful with lifting and not do too much. Although my dh thinks I can do it all. I could scream sometimes at him.
well hotflash is about over! LOL Good night!
Old 09-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #779
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Hope your day at work and meeting went good ! The weather sounds so amazing ! still hot and humid here of course, with mosquitos too ;/ They love me

Have a good night !

Tay - Chloe is lucky to have you
Aww Thank you! But I think I'm lucky to have her!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #780
Big Yapper!

Hi, ladies. I wasn't going to post but since the two of you did, the least I can do is answer. I went in at 2:30 for the staff meeting and waited around a bit, but saw no signs of life. I then went and asked the program director if we were having a staff meeting. She didn't know anything of one for today and I told her it was on the schedule we were all given. She looked it up and saw that I wasn't crazy. Long story short, there was no meeting. It's been moved to same time on Wednesday, which sucks. It is one of my only days off this week and I hate that I have to come in for a meeting which is nothing big.

So I went outside and got to work, which means I put in 1.5 hours of volunteer time and 3 hours of being paid. Long day, for having such a physical job. Even longer cause the manager was there. I hate when she's there. It doesn't get easier. There's only one other person on the face of this earth that can get under my skin the way that she does and that's my MOTHER. Why do I let this woman get to me like this? Sometimes I want to say (when she's asked me why I've done something that I've done) "I did it because I knew it would piss you off!" Someday I will say just that.

Things went a lot smoother with the tack being placed in the barn, complete with the right stirrups, pads, etc. Made it much easier to get the horses ready for program and be on time. We're getting the rhythm down. One of the program volunteers offered to help me and I sent her into the paddocks. She helped a lot and I thanked her for it. She said she'd be there next Monday and I told her to remind me that I went over mucking the stalls in depth with her today. That will refresh my memory and help me to trust her when she comes to ask if she can help me at the end of the day.

My Restoril came in the mail today. I will have a good night tonight. I've been sleeping okay but I need 3 Benadryl and some beer to get myself tipped in the direction of sleep. I toss and turn a lot through the night and I remember (vaguely) crappy dreams. I don't understand why I dream the @$^~ I do but it gets me riled up sometimes. Why can't sleep be a restorative time? Where the brain does absolutely NOTHING? I mean, I appreciate that it keeps my lungs breathing and heart beating, but other than that, it should take some time off.

Tammy, don't cry! It's only 2 hours. Try and be delighted for her cause I'm guessing she's getting into going to school. And how excited she must be to get dressed up and go! Keep on plugging with the hot flashes, honey. I hope they get better and the Dr can help you with all that on the 18th. Hey! I think that's the day I see my Dr, too. Weird.

I'm going to keep my windows open tonight but tomorrow I'll close them all up and turn on all the a/c's again. I'm glad I haven't removed them for the season yet. I hate being sticky and hot. Summer's last gasp!

Laura, mosquitoes eat me up, too. I always had a hunch it had something to do with our blood type but I don't know if that's true. I'm A+. What are you? I don't think the flies at the farm give a hoot about being picky. They just suck and bite whatever is available. God, I hate them. I have fresh bites every day that I go to work. It's little wonder why I hide inside every other day.

I'm so tired and my back was killing me when I left the farm. I never really feel back pain until I go to sit down and when it involves driving, I find myself easing myself into the seat of the car and bracing myself against the back of the seat while I slide in as best as I can. Sometimes I feel 70 years old. It's all because of my weight and poor diet. If ever I get truly sick of it again, I'll do something about it.

Sweet dreams to anyone reading this. Back to work tomorrow, then I'm off (well, mostly off) Wednesday and Thursday. I go to the farm both of those days for one thing or the other, so that is going to suck. I'm off the clock, anyway. In that way "I'm off."

Last edited by CherylB; 09-09-2013 at 07:12 PM..