Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #721
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I did the spit cortisol test and strangely enough, it said I was fine. How I could be fine is beyond me, with all I've been through in my life and knowing how stress and traumatic events cause your adrenals to tank. But as with everything else I have been tested for, things tend to come back "normal." What is Isocort and where can I get some?
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #722
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
I'll send you the info through facebook message...
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #723
Big Yapper!

K
Old 08-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #724
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
Cheryl, hope you can figure out what to do with the schedule ! Sounds rough.

Glad you have your motivation back ! That's awesome. Have you set any goals yet ? We will support whatever you decide .

Tay sorry you are still having pain. Crazy ......
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #725
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Waving hello!

Hope you're having a great day!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #726
Big Yapper!

I'm going to play my cards close to my chest from now on, in the weight loss and eating department. It has backfired on me to be open and I can't afford to allow that to happen again. Each day is its own day and I will do my best with what I have been given. (But thank you for asking.)

My goals are to get as skinny as I can before the weather gets too cold and I won't have any jeans that fit. That is a real concern. But I've got a taste of that motivation I was seeking so that will get me started again.

Have a great day, everyone. I'm going to enjoy my one day off before I return to work tomorrow afternoon. And thanks again for your prayers.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #727
Big Yapper!

I'm going to share something here but please don't give me any words of advice or caution. I have had this ongoing problem with profuse sweating when at work. Not as bad when just going about my life but I still do sweat more than average people do just doing things like walking to and from the car, going grocery shopping, etc. It's completely abnormal and I'm tired of it.

At work, I know I'm seen as a freak and it's embarrassing, concerning, annoying, and just makes my life miserable. So I looked up drugs that can cause profuse sweating as a side effect and low and behold, I'm on 5 of them. Then I looked up drugs that make losing weight difficult and two of those were also listed. (Two from the sweating list.)

So I'm going to buy a pill cutter and start slowly weaning off of my Metoprolol and Lexapro. I am taking way too damn many pills and I want to find more natural ways of treating my problems. Come to find out, Metoprolol can cause lethargy and excessive sleepiness, too!

I looked up how to wean off each drug and I will do it with the utmost caution, but these two drugs are going to either be cut back to a point where I can see a decrease in my symptoms or I will cut them out altogether. If the symptoms persist, I will start weaning off more of them. This is ridiculous and I'm DONE.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #728
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds good to me. I always try to do things with natural cures. Getting your wt. down will lesson your need for drugs too. Do what you gotta do... Sorry talking about the diet makes it hard. Blessings on your new motivation! So good you got a day to rest too.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #729
Big Yapper!

I know it! Good to be able to just stay in my PJs sometimes. I need that. We have a stormy weekend coming up. Humid, too.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #730
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
I stay in my pj's alot! Me and Chloe just relax and play in our pj's! LOL
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:33 PM   #731
Big Yapper!

PJ's RULE! How are you feeling today, Tammy? I hope you're on the road to recovery.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #732
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yes! I'm feeling much better. Of course, still sore inside my abdomen, but much better! I still can't lift anything more than a half gallon of milk and have to watch how much I walk. I still get tired quick. But all normal stuff.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #733
Big Yapper!

That's awesome, Tammy. Can't wait until you are back to normal and you can enjoy the absence of the monthly nightmare scenario.

I had an interesting thing happen with one of the mini's today. I think I told you that the other day, I was asked to put their halters and lead ropes on and take them out for a while to graze. Well, Domenic let me catch him but Candy and Mariah were buggers as usual. I was patient and all but then it struck me. "If they don't want to go eat grass, they don't have to!"

So I turned around with Domenic and we walked out of their paddock and he grazed grass just on the other side of their paddock fence. It was brilliant! They stood there watching in disbelief and then after a while, I put Domenic back in and told him what a good boy he was. Well today, they didn't run away! Mariah was a little evasive but I think that one episode showed them that if they don't come or at least stand still, I'm not going to play their games.

I swear Candy got the message loud and clear. Even after we went out of the paddock and she began to graze, there was an understanding in her eye and she stood very close to me and let me pet her. We had a moment and I told her what a good, smart girl she was.

Friday afternoons are when they hold volunteer riding lessons so there was lots of activity today. Not crazy activity but just enough to keep things interesting. I watched the riders for a while when it got to a place where my volunteer and I could sit and rest a bit. There's one very short, very round woman who is riding and it makes me wonder why I can't make my hip cooperate enough to ride again.

I'm getting my eating back under control again so I expect that I will see progress each week and month that passes by. "The Principal of the Path." I just need to stay on course and keep moving in that direction and I will get there. I have no choice but to get there.

Well that's all the news. Just had to share my little delightful experience with the mini's. Have a great night.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:18 PM   #734
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's so great Cheryl! Those ponies will be tame yet!
Lots of inspiration coming your way these days, way to use it!
Molly's quite happy, she has one cow hanging around the outskirts of the yard to keep an eye on. Loves a job!
Have a wonderful evening
Old 08-30-2013, 06:11 PM   #735
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aww thats so cute! Its awesome how they understand.
I've passed up the beginning of ttom! Woot! Woot! LOL Its kinda strange. But I'm certainly NOT missing all the pain from the endometriosis.
Well, we took down the safety gate at the top of the steps. Chloe knows she's to slide on her bottom to go down. Still nervous, of course.
We're going to my MIL's for a cookout tomorrow nd its suppose to storm! UGH! I won't be staying after dark to drive in rain. Nope! Not doing it. I have a hard time seeing.
Went shopping and got Shawn's hygiene stuff to mail in the morning. I have to mail his tablet too.
Welp, going to lay down and rest. ttyt!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

Tammy
Old 08-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #736
Big Yapper!

We're going to have a sticky, stormy weekend here, too. I cancelled the picnic so we won't have to be all running for cover inside my apartment. Humidity sucks all the fun out of outdoor activities so I will just have a party in September instead. It doesn't need to be a holiday weekend to get together. We can just make our own holidays. Right?

I thought Shawn took his tablet with him when he left. He'll be glad to receive it, I'm sure. Good luck with Chloe and those stairs. I'm sure she'll do the booty scoot and stay safe.

Enjoy your cookout tomorrow. I hope the weather holds!

Debby, so glad Molly has a cow. Moooooo! I hope you have a lovely evening, too.

Later, ladies.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #737
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
Cheryl, sorry your party had to be cancelled ! ;( Did you already have everything done ?

Sounds like you are back to "loving" your job again...... so sweet with the horses
Hope you find you can ride too soon !

Tay - glad you are getting around better !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #738
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tay so glad you're feeling better. Eventually it will all be better, hey? Yep, nice to put those child-gates away. I hurt my back stepping over them when we have to have them up. I'm always running up & down the stairs.

Cheryl, bummer that your party had to be cancelled. You've but so much into it. But of course, it would be miserable to be out in a humid day. Its also a holiday here, although I hadn't realized it till Thursday & DH is going to work Monday anyway. So its an extra day for me at home. Molly is over her fear of the buck already... went upstairs to put sheets away & she followed me. Oh well, it was funny once anyway!

Good night!
Old 08-31-2013, 11:23 AM   #739
Big Yapper!

It's rainy and humid here today but I'm dry inside my home and loving life. It will storm on and off all weekend so tomorrow I'll be out in the thick of it. With three volunteers on Sunday, I can get through anything.

Landlady said she'd be mowing the lawn on Monday so I'll be sure to pick up the poops before then. They will be nice and soggy. I need to buy a pooper scooper. They're a bit of a pain but sometimes they are good to have. We just use a bucket and small gardening shovel. We flip the poops into the bucket and go about our hunting. Sorry; thinking out loud. This isn't something you really care about, is it!

I got two new shirts that say our farm name and "staff" on the back yesterday from the administrator. She too is large and she said she could give me a couple of hers. I'm happy for them. They are Polo shirts so they have a collar. I'll adjust.

We received the September schedule for work today. It included the schedule for the volunteers. I have no one on Mondays. Mondays are always the hardest day to book volunteers and I don't have a clue why that is. At least this first Monday is Labor Day and there won't be any program lessons going on. When program begins the next day, I will be expected to be in the barn and assist as Team Leader with tacking the horses and getting them ready for lessons. These leaders need to get "with the program" and learn how to tack. I will make that my mission this semester.

I called in a refill on my Restoril and discovered the last refill I had available to me expired 4 days ago. I hate when that happens. And then the woman said I could call in for a refill 20-30 days ahead of time and that they will just process the order and ship it out when the date comes around. Will not let this happen again.

Do y'all get excited on the last day of the month when you can flip the page on your calendars? I do! It's like a fresh start. You know what you went through that month and you can now put it behind you. You had no idea what was in store for you the last time you flipped the page on the calendar and now you know what was coming down the pike. I don't know why this interests me so much but I do get a charge out of turning the calendar pages.

I'm going to get my hair cut soon. It needs it so badly but I'm just not sure if my goal is to take steps toward making it one length again or if I want to keep layering it. Once layered, it's hard not to keep layering it. I swear I've considered just shaving it all off, like a buzz cut, and then wearing a wig so it can all grown in at once. Much like my "fresh start" when changing the calendar! Wish I had a wig that I knew I could stand wearing. I would be so tempted to do that.

Whatever cut I get, it will have bangs. I have a high forehead and I do feel I look better with bangs. Problem with bangs is they grown out fast and then I'm trimming them myself and little by little, my hair looks like crap again. I'm too cheap to go for a trim and pay for "a cut" every 6 weeks. If the cut has been established and all they're doing is trimming it, it should be cheaper. Don't you agree?

That's why getting rid of the layers and letting it all be one length again is so tempting. I wouldn't need to get my hair cut anymore. Just the bangs and trim the bottom when it needs it. I think I just made up my mind. I will have them cut it in such a way as to get the layers I already have to grow out. That means it's going to need to be very short at first. We'll see what I actually have them do when the time comes. I'm very impulsive.

Can't wait to get paid this week!!! I'm down to less than $14 in the checking account and had to use the credit card to put $15 "worth" of gas in my car. $4.04/gallon for mid-grade right now. Sickening. I don't know how people who work full time for minimum wage make ends meet. I really don't. No wonder crime is so rampant.

Going to close this post now. Feel like I've written a book. Have a lovely day, ladies.

Last edited by CherylB; 08-31-2013 at 11:34 AM..
Old 08-31-2013, 08:16 PM   #740
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl,
So nice you could stay out of the hot-humidity. Relief is on its way! And with it all the beautiful fall colors. We'll be getting ours first though.
I've been cutting my own hair for years & keep thinking I should go get it cut professionally, to get a new style, but then when I wait for it to get long enough to need a cut, I get too fed up with it & start chopping away! Next thing you know, I've done the whole thing again. Sometimes my frugality annoys even me
Hope you don't suffer waiting for your pay check! Guess you have lots of food though? Planning on having that picnic.
Have a good sleep
Old 09-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #741
Big Yapper!

I have these things called Crea Clips and they are like very large old fashioned barrets (sp?) with teeth on them and they clamp on your hair to hold it for you while you're cutting. But it's difficult to see what I'm doing in the back of my head and sometimes it comes out better than others. Sometimes I feel like it looks obvious that I cut my own hair. Right now, at this stage of its growth, it feels like it looks very obvious.

I kind of envy those who just keep a simple, one-length cut. They don't have to worry about all this stuff! Just get a trim to the ends every once in a while. But even if I have it cut in such a way as to allow it to grow to one length again, I will always keep my bangs. I need 'em!

I had bought a large package of hot dogs but it was still too soon to buy burgers and buns so I don't have a ton of food to deal with. I'm fine so not to worry. In fact, I had me a hot dog last night with some sautéed sauerkraut and it was very yummy. I had forgotten they were the brand that individually wraps each dog in a plastic sleeve and I started to fry them up in the pan with the plastic on. Then I noticed I could read something on them and it clicked. Got them out of there in time.

I'll be so glad when this storm system leaves us in a couple of days. Beyond that, it looks like it's going to be sunny and 70's for as far as the eye can see. That's what they are saying, anyway. Only time will tell.

Have a lovely Sunday, ladies. I hope my work day isn't too wet or stormy.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #742
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shawn did take the tablet I gave him, but its very hard to download on it. Its bad. The one he bought is alot smaller than the one I gave him, but it is very nice. Its a Google and the one I gave him is Android.
We had fun at my MIL's yesterday. The ppl on the tv and radio kept saying rain, but it was nice allll day. Chloe & I left at 9:00, we were tired and I just needed some rest.
Dh is cooking fish on the grill now so I'm going to go help. ttys! Have a nice day!
Old 09-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #743
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad you have food to eat Cheryl... if hot dogs are food!

Hope you had a nice, relaxing Sunday
Old 09-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #744
Big Yapper!

Of course hot dogs are food! Don't you think they are? They are tube steaks!

Tammy, I'm glad you had a nice day and that Shawn is getting a better tablet. I hope he's able to download better with the new one.

I left work early today. The manager was there (cause she took the shift off work so she could work it for me, back when I was going to have a picnic) and for the second workday in a row, I felt completely wasted. I don't understand why this stuff happens to me out of the blue! I was just thinking recently how it was odd that I hadn't suffered those symptoms at the farm in a long time and then BOOM. Two horrible days.

So I was just trying to find answers by reading back through old food journals and my old journal here on LCF and I don't really see anything that jumps out and says, "It's because of me that you feel like death-warmed-over!" Anyway, I dragged my fanny home at 5:15 and let her feed the horses their grain and turn the rest of them in from their paddocks. I would have turned them in and grained them but she wanted them to stay out longer. Tomorrow is supposed to be very stormy.

I came home and pealed off my clothes. Ringing wet from sweat. I went through many thick paper towels at the farm, mopping the sweat that was running off of my face, neck and arms. It makes no sense. NONE.

These are the experiences I was having back in January and that's why I had all those tests done. Here I am and nothing has been resolved. I'm so frustrated and now I am faced with winter and how am I going to handle this job with this body and this state of health I'm in?

I'm just so frustrated. And frankly, I was feeling fine when I wasn't dieting and I was drinking. Since I started LC again (which I said I was going to keep under my hat), I feel "spent." I even stopped drinking beer! This is day five of no drinking. Shouldn't I feel better rather than three times as bad?

Maybe my body is just rebelling against anything "diet." Maybe I just have to eat a balanced plan and keep calories sufficient for my needs, and just forget about finding a "fast track" to weight loss. I'm so discouraged and frankly, pissed off.

Sleep tight. I'm going to get off this computer now. I've been doing research for hours and I've still got no answers.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #745
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry you had such a rough day. You sure could be on to something with needing a balanced diet approach. At the beginning of it you should lose wt. well anyway, and as you build muscle (when you're up to it), that should help. I would imagine your body could be rebelling from the lack of sugar too...
One step at a time...
Old 09-01-2013, 11:14 PM   #746
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Sorry you had such a rough day. You sure could be on to something with needing a balanced diet approach. At the beginning of it you should lose wt. well anyway, and as you build muscle (when you're up to it), that should help. I would imagine your body could be rebelling from the lack of sugar too...
One step at a time...
Old 09-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #747
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Praying for you girl, hope your stamina held out better today.

Boards have been really quiet today... happy Labor day!
Old 09-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #748
Big Yapper!

Thank you so much for your prayers, Debby. It's probably quiet on the board because of it being a long weekend and people have the day off. I didn't but that's okay. Actually, I was thinking I had no volunteers to help me today and there were two! Experienced volunteers, to boot.

I am going through more of the profuse sweating whenever I'm at work. I'm going to call the Dr tomorrow and ask him to order lots of lab work and I'll go get it and have blood drawn on Wednesday, before my hair appointment. I need to know what the hell is going on inside of me. I want everything that he is willing to order drawn. I don't care how many tubes of blood they need! Suck it out of me and tell me what's wrong!

My feet feel like ice right now. That is very strange. I showered when I got home from work. I had to peal off everything and then got right into the shower to get cleaned up. But since then, I've been in my usual place which is in my bed, on my computer. I have no idea why my feet are icy. My oral temp is 97.2 so that's nothing out of the ordinary. What next???

It rained cats and dogs earlier today. I was awake all night long and finally was able to fall asleep around 8 am. I was vaguely aware of a large t-storm and Cisco panting and freaking out beside my bed, but all I wanted was to eek out some zz's. I got a decent nap in and then got up around 2 to get ready for work. I was dragging.

The horses were out in the morning but got caught out in the heavy rain before they got turned back in. The manager left me a note and said they were drenched when she managed to get them inside. When I got there, they were very dry so they must have been inside for a long time. They were bored (the barn ones, especially) so in addition to just feeding and cleaning up after them, we put their halters on and took them outside to munch on grass for a while. I didn't dare turn them back out because the skies were still threatening and if they were finally dry after all that, I didn't want to take any chances.

Ellen the goat got to roam around and graze, then when she had enough of that, she came inside the barn and started to play with Cowboy who was standing in his stall with his head sticking out over the mesh gate. She kept playfully going to head-butt him and he would crane his neck, put his ears back and act like he was going to bite her. It was all in good fun. They're pals and it was so cute to watch. They did it for at least 10 minutes. I wished so much that I had my video camera.

Tomorrow is payday and I'm stoked. I am tired of being destitute. I have food but nothing that interests me. It's trash and recycle night and I don't feel like hauling those big cans (with wheels) to the street from the back of the house. It's my turn cause lately it's always the guy upstairs who gets to them before I do, but I don't like to take advantage. But I'm so clean and freshly-showered that if I leave the protection and comfort of my air conditioned duplex to go do the trash cans, I'll be covered in sweat again.

I'm just blabbing now so I'm going to head into the kitchen to see what I can figure out for dinner. I have to eat something other than coffee with cream.

May we all sleep well tonight and be safe.

Last edited by CherylB; 09-02-2013 at 05:17 PM..
Old 09-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #749
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yippee! So glad you had help today.

Good idea to get tested. Sounds like hormones, thyroid, cortisol, or otherwise, but I'm no Dr. Hope you get good response from your request.

Sleep... ah, that sounds good! I didn't sleep well last night either, Molly was tossing around hourly & I'm a light sleeper. She'll be better tonight. As I predicted, she's beginning to eat

Good night Cheryl
Old 09-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #750
Big Yapper!

That's great that Molly is eating again! Thanks for being there to support me. Goodnight.