Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #691
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi Cheryl
Hope you're feeling better today. Let your hope be in the Lord. God is Good.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2013, 06:30 AM   #692
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Hope you wake up very happy!
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #693
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Thanks, ladies. I hope you (we) all have a great day.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #694
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi
Hope you have a great day too

Are you off today? I forget what your work schedule is. Hope you get some time to get a walk in & enjoy your pooch.

Tay, glad Chloe is feeling better now; allergies are so annoying.

Have a blessed day y'all!
Old 08-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #695
Big Yapper!

No, I worked. And I worked my tail off cause the two volunteers called to say they couldn't make it. The horses got turned in very early because of the bugs eating them alive so the stalls were as dirty as the paddocks and it was up to me to make everything pretty. I'm worn out!

We go on a month-by-month basis with the schedule but for the rest of August, I work Sunday-Monday-Tuesday, then I do every other Friday or Saturday. I have to cover for the manager and she works her EMT job every other weekend. She was there today which confused the crap out of me. Her sister is down for a visit. She came to take her Flat Coated Retriever to a dog show and then she'll be driving back to where she lives in Maine.

I got one giant bug bite on the back of my right thigh. I can't wait for the bugs to all be dead for the season. I catch myself when I say that cause that means I'm hastening winter along but I truly hate biting insects. HATE!

Well, I'm pretty much at rock-bottom emotionally, physically, and spiritually. I prayed to God to help me get out of this rut I'm in. I have become so distant from God. Two years ago I was very close to Him. Life gets in my way and I sometimes wonder about things too much. Sometimes I can't help but wonder if we're all deluded and the atheists are right. I know that is a terrible thing to say let alone think and yet I just admitted to it.

Shut up, Cheryl. Please just shut up.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #696
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm so sorry you are so down Cheryl,
I'm praying for you. God will bring you through this valley too.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #697
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Maybe finding someone you can talk to spiritually will help you. I sometimes talk to my dd because she is very spiritual. It helps me, so maybe it will help you find peace. I'll pray for you to come through this. I sometimes have to say to myself that God will not give me more than I can handle. And maybe he's bringing me through this to teach me something.
I'll talk to you soon!
Old 08-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #698
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
will lift you in prayer Cheryl.
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #699
Big Yapper!

Thank you, ladies.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #700
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Good morning, Cheryl. Sorry to have been absent from LCF when you were so down. It's been a very draining weekend for us, with Hallie's move, but we are almost finished. We still have to clean her old place and get a few last things out of it.

Once I get Dave on the plane back to Seattle tonight, I'll be back around. Hang in there, kid.
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #701
Big Yapper!

Jessica, you have a very full plate these days (seems to always be full, now that I think about it) so don't worry about not being available. I'm fine, just trying to find a spark to get the fire burning again. No sparks to be found just yet.

I'm working again today. Should have two volunteers and after having none yesterday, I hope they appear. I was so wasted from doing all that by myself. Both of the people who volunteer on Saturday called in for different reasons. And it was so buggy that I had to bring the horses in around 4. They were begging me to take them in. It was terrible. So the paddocks all got cleaned and then after all the other work was completed and they were fed, I had to clean through all the stalls. Since they were turned in so early, the stalls were a mess, too. I didn't even attempt to groom anyone. I was done.

Have a lovely Sunday, ladies. I'll BBL.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #702
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope your day went well at work today.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #703
Big Yapper!

Work was good. All 3 volunteers came! Made up for having nobody yesterday. It was hotter today than it's been but I sweat like crazy even when it's only in the 70's. I'm watching the Weather Cannel and I see that they got about 4 or 5 inches of rain in Vegas. When we lived there, our rental backed up to one of the streets that floods really bad. I have video of the "river" running behind our house. Thank God for cinder block walls. Funny the things they don't mention when signing a lease.

Took Cissy to the fish and game pond to swim after work. She reeks now but she had lots of fun.

Have a lovely eve, ladies.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #704
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
A good day at work is great ! Glad Cissy got to swim You didn't jump in with her ? :0

Have a great night !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #705
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just poppin in real quick. Have a good night! ttyt!
Old 08-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #706
Big Yapper!

I wish it was that kind of swimming hole but it's kind of gross. Lots of lily pads and the water level is kind of low and the water is stagnant right now. When I rescued her as an 8 week old puppy, I was renting a small house on a lake. We used to swim together all the time and I really miss that. It's so hard to find a place that allows dogs to swim. I hope sometime I can find a place where we can swim again like we used to.

I think a river is our best bet. The water is fresher than a pond or lake and there is less control over who can do this or that in a section of a river. Hmmm...

Goodnight, ladies. Sleep well.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #707
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Work was good. All 3 volunteers came! Made up for having nobody yesterday. It was hotter today than it's been but I sweat like crazy even when it's only in the 70's.
Took Cissy to the fish and game pond to swim after work. She reeks now but she had lots of fun.
That's so good that you had help yesterday. Hope today is good too!
Its so fun to have places to entertain the pooch, hey? I can imagine what she smells like though...
I gotta take Molly for her walk shortly...
Old 08-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #708
Big Yapper!

I had some help today too. This girl was with a job coach or something and she's doing 40 hours and then I guess she won't be coming back unless she chooses to. I don't understand it but I'm not complaining because they both have horse experience and they just did anything I asked them to do. So refreshing! It rained a little bit the entire time but it wasn't horrible.

We have a staff meeting this Wednesday and then an orientation for volunteers. So much for one of my days off. At least I heard about this staff meeting and I won't miss it like the last one.

I don't think Cissy left the porch the last two times I put her out to go potty. She keeps coming back dry so I doubt she is going out there and doing her thing. She needs to get over this light drizzle and just go get wet. It didn't kill me so I'm certain she'll survive too.

When I shifted my car from park to reverse (when leaving my driveway to go to work), the speedometer shot up all the way and then went back down to where it was. I hope this is not a sign of more car troubles on the horizon. They are becoming way too frequent. It didn't do it when I was leaving the farm so maybe it was just a crazy glitch.

Have a good night, ladies. Going to rest now and take something for my back which is aching pretty badly. Just another day living in this oversized body.

Last edited by CherylB; 08-26-2013 at 05:02 PM..
Old 08-26-2013, 05:14 PM   #709
Big Yapper!

PS: I had a cool experience with one of the horses while picking out the paddock. I took off Charmed's bug mask and let him use my body as a scratching post for his face. That's not that unusual for him to do but when I put his mask back on and went back to cleaning the paddock, he tagged along and he did something very different. He placed his muzzle right up to my mouth and was just breathing me in. He kept his face right there for a long time and I was kissing him and telling him how much I loved him. It was very special. Then when I was doing my last pass and mucking out the stalls, I scratched all his favorite places.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #710
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's really cool Cheryl, so sweet.
Glad you had good help today.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #711
Big Yapper!

I was very touched by that moment between Charmed and I. He's a very sweet horse. Night night and sweet dreams!
Old 08-27-2013, 04:57 AM   #712
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Just stopped in here to see how you are Cheryl - though you probably don't remember me!

I was sorry to read about Cissy's surgery! I guess she's good now, if she can go in swimming?

I love to read your stories about the horses. You do a good thing for people here, just posting about your life. Remember that!

I think we most of us know what you mean about the ebb and flow of feeling close to God. Holding you in prayer, my sister.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:00 AM   #713
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
Just poppin in real quick. Have a good night! ttyt!
Holding you in prayer too, after your surgery! How are you doing now?

And always holding your son and all the others.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:37 AM   #714
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
Holding you in prayer too, after your surgery! How are you doing now?

And always holding your son and all the others.
I'm having good and bad days. I think I just do too much and it causes me some pain. I have to remember I had major surgery and I must give it time to heal. Lord knows I don't want it taking any longer than normal.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:52 AM   #715
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cheryl thats so sweet! I guess horses can be like any other animal when they wanna show you they love you.
Yesterday I rode with my dd to take chloe to a park to play. Didn't do much and ended up in pain last night and its still hurting like crazy. I just sat on the bench and took pictures. That and clapping for chloe when she went down the slides. LOL I'll rest today and I'll read to chloe and let her entertain herself. She's good at that.
This really hurts though. I'm going to call the drs office and see if this is ok. I'll update you when I get the return call.
BBL

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 08-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #716
Big Yapper!

PLUM! Of course I remember you. Thanks so much for checking up on me and especially for caring enough to pray for me. I am in need right now. Thank you. How are you???

Tammy, I'm sorry you're in pain. Do call the Dr and find out if there might be something going on. Next time, don't clap so much for Chloe!

I am done with my 4-day run at work but tomorrow is a staff meeting followed by some sort of lessons in the arena for volunteers. I will hang out and attend that, too. I need reinforcement in the things that she will be teaching us. (The director of the program.) I need to make a point of practicing what she teaches me so it will finally sink in.

I had FOUR helpers today. I didn't know what to do with them all and it was actually stressing me out. I knew that the manager wanted me to have them clean the tack (bridles and saddles) with leather oil (well, not clean but oil everything well) but I personally have never done it myself. Now I was going to teach them??? Thank God there was a woman there who was well-versed in tack cleaning and she also had a knack for teaching. She took charge after I told her what the manager wanted done and I was able to go do other things. WHAT A RELIEF!! And all the tack was oiled. ALL of it.

It was hotter and muggier today than it has been in a while. When I got to the farm, I did the stall waters first, then went about passing out the dinner hay. I knew I was going to be turning the horses in early but when I got the hay cart pulled up the hill to the duplex stalls, I could hear one of the horses running. I couldn't see who it was but it sounded like thunder.

I left the cart and walked over so I could see Red and Daphne. They were going NUTS, galloping around their paddock while someone (or someones) were in there trying to pick up the manure. When Red runs, he's had it with the bugs. When Daphne runs, anything can happen. They were so worked up when I got up there with their halters and lead ropes, they would have jumped over the fence if they could have. I took the two of them in immediately, then all the rest came in too.

I hate those damn bugs! We spray them with bug repellent but it doesn't last long and they don't want us to reapply it too often because it can harm their skin. Well, so can the bugs! The spray is very expensive too, so there's that.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. Tack all oiled up and area around the mounting block beside the arena was raked up. Fall semester begins next Tuesday! Ramping up for more fun and games with the kids who suffer from autism and other issues. Some of them are so dang cute. I will focus on those things and less on the bugs (and my profuse sweating.)

Have a lovely night, everyone. Thanks for coming by.

Last edited by CherylB; 08-27-2013 at 08:07 PM..
Old 08-28-2013, 06:42 AM   #717
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The dr told me it's normal to still have the pain and everything. I wish I was told what to expect. He said as the stitches dissolve it can cause all this to happen. He told me to be patient and take it easy. So thats what I'll do.
You had FOUR helpers! Thats good! Less for you to do. Yayyyy!
I guess I better go get breakfast. I watch chloe 3-8 today. Sometimes I like the short days!
Old 08-28-2013, 08:33 AM   #718
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi!
So glad your helpers worked out today. What a great accomplishment, getting all the tack done at once! Need more projects like that in your back pocket to hand off next time you get too much help!
The farm sounds great for those kids. I have an autistic nephew. I think he'd probably love doing that too.
Sorry you're having to go through all that pain Tay, God bless!
Keep looking up & have a great day!
Old 08-28-2013, 03:53 PM   #719
Big Yapper!

I just had a staff meeting at the farm and then we had a lesson on long-lining in the arena. It was thundering and lightening and we got through the lesson without incident but had to cut it short and take shelter in the barn. The meeting was grim. I am going to have to completely ramp up my involvement in the farm. I won't be just doing my four shifts a week. They are so short of volunteers on every level that I am going to have to be there as much as I can stand it.

The Fall semester begins this Tuesday and they don't even know where they are getting half of their volunteers and leaders for week 1. It's a nightmare. And it was announced that the pm feed person will have to be the team leader in the barn as well. So I will have to have any volunteers that I have at my disposal to do everything possible and I will have to juggle all the rest. I told the manager that if something has to fall by the wayside, it will be cleaning the paddocks of their manure. I can't be everywhere at once.

With Chelsea gone and working full-time at the other farm, it's like we lost our right arm. And the person responsible for her leaving is non other than the founder of the facility. I don't know what she was thinking but we are so screwed now.

It is what it is. Now I need to look at the lesson schedule and see what I can offer to do on my days off. I don't want to burn out but I have little choice but to pitch in when I can. Looks like my life is about to change in a very big way. Time to get my crap together and regain my health as well as strip off the pounds. I have just found my motivation and spark. Thanks for the prayers.

Tammy, I'm really sorry you are so uncomfortable. I can hardly believe it, honestly. Did they open your abdomen up? I thought they were doing it laparoscopically. Just don't strain yourself by picking up Chloe or other things that will be too much exertion but do keep walking. That will help you more than sitting around a lot.

Having the four helpers sounds great but I'm no ring leader, and I have no experience cleaning or oiling tack. My disability from nursing is anxiety related, so you can get an idea of how it felt for me to have to teach them how to do something I had no clue how to do. I thank the Lord that the older lady there had experience at it and that she was a great teacher. She saved my bacon.

Have a great night. I have a lot of thinking to do as I go over the Fall schedule. I need to make an offer and fill in some of those blanks. Ttyl.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:43 PM   #720
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Will pray for more volunteers, or another staff member! And that you don't get burned-out... it would be great if you can make it work for you, to get motivated. So glad to see you putting a positive spin on it!

Hey Cheryl, have you had your hormones checked? Anxiety is what I get from the adrenal fatigue. If you could pinpoint what's causing it, it may just be a hormone problem... mine is, & the Isocort is really helping a lot... I also take a few homeopathic things for nerves when I know I'm facing a stressful situation & it takes the edge off. Not fun when your body is adding opposition to stressful situations.