Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #631
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
I know! I think they let her outside by herself and a wondering dog got her! LOL I thought he looks like a boxer too. He has the face of a beagle, but the color is definitely boxer. Even one of the other dogs has black markings on the face.
I'm going to sleep. I went to the store today (dd drove me) and it was too much. My stomach hurts!
Good night.
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #632
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
The dog might have gotten out or it could just have been one of those chain-link-fence encounters. When dogs are in heat, there's little that can stop them from "getting together." At any rate, I hope your little boy is a wonderful pet for your home and family and may he not be stinky or a stinker. Sleep tight. I'm out-a-here for tonight.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #633
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
PS: (Can't shut up!) You'll know how much Beagle is in him by the way he barks.
So cute!! My 2 older dogs (they're 6 now) are beagle mixes. I love them! One is tan and the other black, same litter. The black one, Butch, is more of a barker - classic beagle. My other guy, Sunny, is so sweet and gentle - the most loyal dog. 2 real gems. You'll love it!! We crate trained them and have a dog door - they're a piece of cake. They loved to chew (esp as puppies) so I HIGHLY recommend rawhide!!

Love when you get chatty Cheryl! Thanks for the stern warning. You're so right!! I am nipping it now, and hope to be comfortably back in the 150's next week. If I can stick around 155 by my trip I'll be happy. 166 this morning after my "last meal" last night . Did an insane workout today, but made it and feel good now! Hopefully the exercise will tone things up a bit .

Glad all went well at work and hope you continue to enjoy yourself. Sounds good (the no "white stuff" approach). A generally healthy way to eat . Add in a few trips to your gym, and I daresay you'll be shrinking before our eyes!!

Not sure about the picture thing, I havne't been online enough to notice. I'll go see how I fared . Have a great weekend lovely ladies
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #634
Big Yapper!

Tammy, I read your email but I'll reply here. That's so cool that you talked to Shawn! So he sounds like he's doing well and his spirits are up? I hope so. You're right; he's going to be really blown away when he sees Chloe next time. But you'll all be blown away by the man he's become too. So glad you're on the road to recovery now and the incisions are healing up.

Julie, I'm glad you love it when I get chatty. It sucks when it happens late in the evening because it's hard to stop that mindset and go to bed. I'm on such a terrible roll with sleeping. I have the windows open now and a/c units off, so every little sound Cissy hears makes her give one bark to let me know she wants out. Then she goes and barks at the deer or whatever it is until the thing leaves the property. This happens randomly through the night.

My problem is falling asleep so when I finally do get to sleep, I have little patience for that kind of behavior from Cisco. And I really feel bad for the couple who live upstairs. I need to tell them how sorry I am for how she's been lately. Last night, I closed the bathroom window (to prevent her from hearing anything outside), put a bowl of water on the floor and locked her in there. "night night!" She couldn't believe I shut the door because normally I just use a child gate, but that's upstairs and has been for months, ever since their dog tore his ACL.

She gave one woof this morning so I put her outside to go potty, fed her kibble, then flopped back into bed. I slept until 1:30 pm. I swear, y'all. Sleeping is my favorite thing in the world. Maybe that's why I have so much trouble with it. I long for it too much.

If I didn't have a dog, I'd be very lonely. But when I think of all the ways my life would be simpler, I wonder. I don't even like to give these thoughts any weight because I don't want to live to regret them. Lord, I do love my girl. Please keep her healthy and happy and going strong for years to come. (But help me pay for de-barking surgery.)

I just got recruited to help my sister at her tag sale this weekend. Tammy, this is what I was disturbed about the other day. They are preparing to put their house on the market. I asked them when it would be listed and she said "as soon as it's ready." They are just resigned to the fact that they can no longer afford to keep it now that they are both on disability and their children are grown and gone and have little time to come home and visit, so their plan (long range) is to move closer to one of them.

The idea (or rather the reality) of them moving away is beyond anything I can imagine. They are the reason I moved back to CT. She is my closest sister. She has always been there for me in my darkest times and I don't know how I'm going to stand it if she leaves CT. They have no idea where they will move to but they just know that something will come available at the time that they need it to. They are having faith and trusting in God but still, I am sickened by this whole thing.

They are keeping only the most special of their belongings and furniture so this tag sale will be selling off things that I can't imagine she'd ever let go of. They are offering things to their kids and the kids will keep what they want to, then the rest gets sold. The house will then be decluttered, and can be staged for selling.

I really need to put my hands on a coffee cup so I can wake up before it's time to get ready for work. Ttyl, ladies.

Last edited by CherylB; 08-16-2013 at 11:17 AM..
Old 08-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #635
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I feel bad for you. I'm not real close to my brother like that so it wouldn't bother me to move or if he moved. Hey, when she moves it will give you a place to go on vacation! Right? Positive thoughts!
I'm glad to hear a positive about having a beagle mix! I hope my little guy is a sweet dog!
Have to run! Not literally!
Old 08-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #636
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Cheryl, I know that's distressing about your sister's future move, but who knows how things will unfold? All for the good, I am sure. Just have faith and try to enjoy the ride. We never know what life has in store for any of us.

Hearing you "dog people" talk about your pets makes me remember the thing I like best about my kitties--they don't make any noise. Well, usually. There was that one night when Betsy spent the entire night knocking things over!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #637
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

If I lived by myself, I'd have a kitty! I love kittens/cats. Noone else does! LOL
Old 08-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #638
Blabbermouth!!!

It's funny how some people really hate kitties. I think it's kinda weird. I love cats, true, but I'm fond of all animals. I don't really have a "hate it" category for pets! I think they're all adorable.

(Funny, too, how it's usually men who say "I hate cats." Sometimes I wonder if it's just those big, male egos being offended by an animal that doesn't come running to you and slobber all over you, haha. But please--don't quote me to any of the men in your family!! )
Old 08-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #639
Big Yapper!

I like kitties very much but they tend to shed like crazy. I'm allergic to cats and I hate the smell of litter boxes and cat urine. I also hate that they tend to puke inside your shoes. But this house has cat doors all over it so in the future, I may try a kittie and see how it goes.

I have to get to bed earlier than I usually do cause I have to be at my sister's by 10 and I also need to stop and pick up my mother. Yesterday she said she didn't care to go but she changed her mind. It will be a get-together and those are few and far between.

Speaking of cats and men, my late husband's first wife remarried to a man who had several cats. He referred to him as "Katmandu." I loved him. RIP, babycakes.

That's all the time I have right now. I'll be back here tomorrow afternoon sometime. Hugs! (And yes; there will be some positive outcomes from life moving on. Thanks for the support. )
Old 08-16-2013, 11:34 PM   #640
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
sorry your sister is moving.....change is hard. You will land on your feet though !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:34 AM   #641
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Heck yeah Cheryl ! You're a strong woman and you have to see the positives in everything. Look at all the curveballs you've been thrown! And you made it through every one.
Watching Chloe more today. I feel alittle dizzy. I need to eat. Other than that, I feel ok today. Shes been good about being aware of my stomach. When she runs to me for a hug she stops before hugging me and waits for me to tell her "come here". She has to look at my incisions everyday! Its cute. My little nurse! LOL
Well her dad is coming at 2 and I have things to do before he gets here. BBL

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 08-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #642
Blabbermouth!!!

Wishing you a great Saturday, Miss Cheryl!
Old 08-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #643
Big Yapper!

Tammy, so cute that Chloe is so careful with your belly. Shows what a thoughtful, considerate girl she is becoming. I haven't checked for the pic of your new (different) puppy but if I get to it tonight, I'll post it here. (Tammy chose a different kind of pup. Decided against the Beagle mix.)

Had a long day and I'm tired. Will tell about it tomorrow. Hugs and love to all tonight. Sleep well and be blessed.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #644
Big Yapper!

Tammy went with a Pomeranian puppy. Chloe named him "Neno."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chloe and new puppy.jpg (18.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 08-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #645
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Good night Cheryl, Hope you're happy & blessed tonight!
I know it was a tough day for you, working hard & thinking about your sister moving too.
Tay! Too funny! Congrats on the cute puppy! Hope he's easy to train & wonderful company for you. That's certainly going to get you up & moving, taking care of a puppy. Hope you're healing fast & feeling good.
Cheryl, were you able to take Cisco with you today? Hope so.
Good night
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #646
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl ! I'll get a better picture of him tomorrow and send it to ya.
He's a good puppy. No accidents all evening. When I see him sniffing, I take him out and he goes. Hope it keeps going well.
I'm feeling pretty good today. Still sore but I know when I need to rest. Yes, Neno is going to keep me busy. Teaching Chloe that he likes to play. She's learning though! She wanted to hold him! Thats a start.
Hope you enjoyed your day today Cheryl. Ttyt!
Old 08-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #647
Big Yapper!

Thanks, ladies. It's after midnight and I see that sleep is not going to come cheap so I decided to check back in one more time. I still won't go into detail until after I sleep some but it was a trying day. I did take Cisco and she and her cousin Becca (also a dog) had fun visiting. She has an underground fence there too so Cisco knows all about staying inside the boundaries. Makes it so pleasant and relaxing to just put the collar on her and let her snoop around.

The weather here is still amazing. I don't know if I said this before but yesterday, I noticed two trees that are already beginning to change colors! The cooler nights must be what's causing them to think it's Fall. I am so happy about this. You have no idea! Maybe this year's fair is going to have great weather.

Tammy, when you texted that pic and said Chloe named him, I thought you said "Nemo." I couldn't enlarge it but when I went to post it here, I took a closer look and saw it was Neno. Maybe she'll decide on a few other names before she settles on one. I take a week or more before choosing a name for a pet. I want to be sure it's just right.

Well, sleep well, ladies. I will try and do the same.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #648
Big Yapper!

Okay. I slept and had a cup of coffee so now I can talk about it. They posted a craigslist ad for their tag sale. I knew they had done that but she failed to mention that she said in that ad that she was selling their two kayaks. I had no idea she had decided to sell them. I have told her that if she is going to sell anything of that nature (not furniture) that I wanted to be told ahead of time to give me a chance to buy it.

Some guy saw the ad and got there before the tag sale was officially open and bought them both. How much? $175 a piece. Basically buy one, get one free. (Pristine, garage-kept, lightly used kayaks.) They had no clue as to their value. And they thought I wouldn't be interested in them because I just bought a kayak.

I hadn't even taken my purse strap off my shoulder and I found this out. My jaw hit the floor and for the entire rest of the time, I couldn't let it go. I was so hurt and upset. I told her that the boat I bought is for white water and is rated for "up to" 200 lbs. I can't even use it right now. Their boats were like the ones I used in the kayak class. I would have JOYFULLY bought one of them. She never even said she was sorry. I hated that, too.

Now I don't care WHAT she sells. Sell it all, honey. I don't give a flying #$%^. And they were selling other things very carelessly, too. They had a very nice pressure washer and the price on the sticker they placed on it was $350. Her husband said if he couldn't get at least $300 that he'd just keep it. So when a guy comes and asks her how much it was, she didn't check the sticker, she just said $300. That just makes me CRAZY. I wish she hadn't asked me to come help her yesterday. I had a rotten time.

So today I put it behind me and I let it all go from this point on. They are clearly in a different mindset than I am and I can't change that. I have to just count on myself and not expect others to "get me." It is what it is. I'm sure I don't "get them" either. Se la vie.

I go to work today. Working Sun/Mon/Tues/Sat and if the girl asks me to do Thursday, I'll probably do that day too. When the weather is this nice, I can do just about anything.

I hope you all have a lovely day and I'll BBL to chat.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #649
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Chloe is still calling the puppy Neno. So I think it's set. He slept all night and was up at 8 whining so took him out and he did his business. Only had 2 accidents today so thats not bad.
I lost .8 lb today and happy about that. The visit with Chloe's dad yesterday went smooth. He's getting Chloe on his insurance. Thats good.
I wish you would have had a better time at the sale. Hope today was better.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #650
Big Yapper!

That's good that Neno is doing well. The important thing when a dog has an accident is not to make a big deal of it but show them where the right place to go is. Happy puppy training! So what other dogs are mixed in with the Pomeranian genes? And where exactly did this puppy come from? I had no idea you had a Pom in the running.

Work was fine. I normally have 3 volunteers but today only 1. It started to lightly sprinkle (but was steady) around 4:30 so we both turned the horses and the one goat in. It really started raining at the perfect time, if there is such a thing when working outdoors.

I was completely done at 6:15, which is really early for me. The horses weren't dirty so we only groomed the ones in the barn, while we waited for it to be time to grain them. The barn guys are looking good. I added a half bag of bedding to each stall so they all have a good amount to sleep (and pee/poop in) tonight.

Seems like such an inefficient way to keep a horse. Why don't we put sand in the stalls? Like a kitty litter kind of thing? When they go outside the stall, it is so easy to clean up their manure. The sand just sifts right through, leaving the waste in the fork. Maybe someday I can bring it up but I'm doubting (seriously) that they would ever consider it.

Came home and put Cisco's collar and leash on and walked her up to the Middle Pond (the fish and game pond behind our house.) She was happy but the water level was low and it was sort of nasty and stagnant. YKWIM? Where there is pond scum floating on top? She didn't mind, though.

Time to chill now. Ttyt.

Last edited by CherylB; 08-18-2013 at 05:36 PM..
Old 08-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #651
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow. It must be so lovely to be able to walk to a pond. I can't even imagine it, here in the concrete jungle!

I had an incident years ago with my mom and sisters that kind of reminds me of the deal with your sister. I won't even go into it, because it still upsets me, but I had to decide to quit being mad about it, as you've done. The distressing thing isn't so much the thing that they did, but that they were so heedless of us, that they didn't even consider us for one second. It's a bit of a slap in the face. But family is family, and if you hold grudges, it ruins relationships (and sadly, hurts you more than it hurts the one you're mad at!)

Talk to you tomorrow, my friend.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 08-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #652
Big Yapper!

So true, Jessica. And once again, you've shown that you are one of the few people who really get me. It means so much to have someone who can truly relate to what you're saying. I don't believe in keeping an account of wrongs done to us, and certainly they didn't set out to wrong me, it was just one of those things. But it would have been so great if she had said she was sorry for not letting me know they were being sold at the tag sale. Oh well.

How far is your nearest pond? You might have to drive there but you can find water. You have the ocean that isn't all that far away, right? Or is it? I love the ocean for what it is, but I prefer fresh water. Nothing in it will eat me (at least this far north) and the water doesn't leave me feeling sticky.

There's something about rivers that I find so rejuvenating. I think that's why baptisms were done in rivers. The water flows and it's as if it takes the sins of the one being baptized down the way, away from the cleansed individual, just the way the Lord removes our transgressions from us, never again to be remembered. Rivers are my happy place.

I should be sleeping, but you've heard this story 100 too many times. I'm on the computer and I should be settled into my most comfortable position, sipping something like Sleepy Time Tea and reading the most boring book in the world. But here I am, with y'all. I wouldn't want it any other way.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #653
Big Yapper!

I'm conscious again. I think I have restless leg syndrome. I move around a heck of a lot when I'm "sleeping."

Humidity and temps are sliding back up to where they usually are in August so I closed my windows and put my air conditioners back on last night. I'll keep them going until we're back into the comfortable 70's and hopefully low humidity. It's been so lovely.

Going back to work this afternoon. This coming Friday is the beginning of our annual country Fair. I am working Saturday and Sunday so Friday will be when I go. So far, I'm still going alone. I haven't asked around to too many people so it's my own fault. Some will say they can't afford it, others will say they have something else going on. My sister Robin would say that she'll be sleeping (she delivers news papers so she's up at very funky hours.) There's a chance that I won't go, either. I will be able to see the fireworks display from my house.

Well, I hope you all have a lovely day and I'll bbl to update on my adventures.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #654
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl! The pom is a 100% pom. Our friend breeds his. He has 5 of them he breeds and I knew he had a couple left from the last litter but I was leery about getting one. I thought they were a type of dog that was very high maintenance. But he told me how to take care of him and I can handle it. If I knew what I know now I might have had a tea cup pom. But I was late and got the last one of the litter. But he's a cutie! He bites when he starts playing and boy do those little teeth hurt! No accidents yet today! Yayyyyy!!!! I think Chloe may have an allergy to him though.
BBL gotta go!
Old 08-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #655
Big Yapper!

Oh no! I hope it's not a serious allergy. How awful if you wouldn't be able to keep him. Glad he's potty training so easily. The biting will be a pain but maybe you can get him a rawhide chew to take his teething energy out on. I need to get ready for work now.

How do you like my new Avi? Can you all see it? Sometimes people tell me that they can't view it which is why I went back to the one I had of Calvin the horse last time.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #656
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hi Cheryl! My I fall behind so quickly here.sorry about your sister and the sale and the move. Lots of emotions going there. I'm glad you can move past it and enjoy the time together while you have it.

I'd love some of your early fall weather! It's the best season in New England, so enjoy every minute! I'm w/ Jess, I'd love a pond or creek or anything like that nearby!! I took that for granted growing up in PA. My dd's won't really get that here in AZ. We go hiking and camoing, but it's not an everyday thing .

Tay-enjoy your puppy!! Hope Chloe isn't allergic! That would be awful!

Hi Debby and Jessica! Hope you're doing well!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #657
Big Yapper!

OMG. I have been home for almost an hour and I just noticed that Cisco had an accident on the carpet. I don't understand how I could have not seen it when I walked through the living room the first few times so it's even more unimaginable that she did it while I was home and available to open the door. Maybe I just didn't notice it when I came in cause I was so tired and it wasn't that obvious in the spot where I first discovered it.

I thought it was vomit but then when I turned a light on in the OTHER room, there was poop. Oh how I hate having carpet when a dog gets sick. And Cissy is one of those dogs who don't just squat and go in one spot. She walks away from each little drip and plop and goes in a circle. It's cleaned up now. No treats for her tonight!

Yes, I am very blessed to live in a place with so many bodies of water. I drive past two ponds (the Fish and Game ones) just around the corner from me and then I drive over a winding road that goes over a dam for a reservoir for drinking water (that's close to the farm.) It's lovely and I am very thankful to God.

Because it's a municipal water source, no one is allowed to use it for recreation, but it is loaded with Canadian Geese. Need I say more?

I haven't eaten anything today and now that I had that diarrhea disaster, I'm not too sure if I WILL be eating anything. Makes me want to hurl. Thank God for disposable gloves, paper towels and disinfecting wipes. AND room deodorizer.

Had a long day at the farm. Had a helper but she's the young, clueless kind who is nice but needs you to hold her hand the whole time. I have worked with her each week and given her instruction on how to groom but tonight when I suggested that we each start grooming horses, she stood there like a deer caught in the headlights. At first she said "okay" and walked away but then there she was again, way too soon to be standing around looking for something to do. Just standing there! So I asked if she was okay and she said yes. Whatever! It was her last time with me. Maybe that's why she just flaked-out.

But that meant that I did all the grooming myself. She didn't help with the mucking of the stalls either. Basically useless. A lot of volunteers are. She's going back to school and Sunday morning will be her last day. I won't even notice she's gone.

Time to relax, y'all. Hugs! Have a lovely evening.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #658
Big Yapper!

Can you guys see my new Avi? Let me know if you can't.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #659
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
I love the new avi ! so pretty !

Sorry that volunteer didn't help much..at least you are done with her !

Cissy got sick ! That's too bad. Yes, I hate cleaning up vomit . Not fun

Trying to catch back up with everyone ! Have a good day Cheryl !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #660
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, Cheryl! Sorry about Cissy having tummy troubles! (Of course, cleaning up gross messes is part of what you sign on for with pets!)

P.S. Waving hello to Julie!