Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #571
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Loved your post
I think reconnecting with the kids is a great idea... as for cards, it is getting to be such an "old-school" way now. Unfortunately the same thing happens to all of us. I only "return cards"... not "send cards", or I will send a letter to those who sent me a card. For those people like the kids, I would think your move would need to come first... life gets busy. Facebook is perfect! (oh, I see he "friended" you now)! Great! Private message is probably wise too.

So glad Cisco & Tay are recovering from their surgeries.

Enjoy your "memory lane"

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #572
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
That's great <3 . I bet he is very happy to re-connect with you too. After all, like you said he saw you as his grandma !

Happy for you.
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #573
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Thanks, ladies. One thing that came to me as I was watching those videos is rather strange but has a strong ring of truth to it: I am a Ghost. I am like a living, breathing ghost. I am in the present but I haunt (or am haunted by) my past and the places I've lived in and the things I've done. I'm going through the motions of life but I've never been the same since that time we found out my husband's second kidney transplant was beginning to fail. In many ways, I died 3 years before he did.

I hope some of this makes sense to you. I don't embrace the present. I don't make the most of it or make the most of ME. I just do what needs to be done that day and somehow time passes and I stay the same. I continue to be stuck in the past, even when I don't think that I am. I'm one of those "glory days" people.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #574
Blabbermouth!!!

(hugs) You went through a lot . Don't be too hard on yourself .
Old 08-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #575
Big Yapper!

It's just time to wake up from that nightmare and begin to really live again. Let go, forgive, and learn from what I can. Then believe that the best years are still ahead of me rather than behind.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #576
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
It's just time to wake up from that nightmare and begin to really live again. Let go, forgive, and learn from what I can. Then believe that the best years are still ahead of me rather than behind.
Amen to that Cheryl! Moving forward is good!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #577
Big Yapper!

Hello on this sunny Sunday. I am working this afternoon and I hope it is an easy day. I will try to be like a duck and let irritations slide off my back the way water rolls off a duck.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #578
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you have a very satisfying, lovely day!
Old 08-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #579
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
hello ladies! Hope you have a good day today at the farm. I'm still very tired and sleeping alot. I was really surprised about the pain I'm having. People were telling me it wasn't bad, blah, blah, blah! I don't know what they had done! But I'm recovering. My back has been killing me too. I haven't had to go downstairs for anything. My DH and DD have been good about bringing me stuff to eat. I showed Chloe by boo boo's and she scrunched up her face and said "ouch". I told her it hurts and she kissed me. She comes in my room and plays but doesn't bother me. Gotta love her!
Well, I'm dosing off. LOL I'll bbl to see how ur days have been!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #580
Blabbermouth!!!

Have a good afternoon at work Cheryl !

Tay ~ not sure what you had done, but I hope the pain eases off for you . Don't take too much pain medicine or you will be constipated - esp if it was abdominal surgery ~~ just fyi
Old 08-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #581
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Have a good afternoon at work Cheryl !

Tay ~ not sure what you had done, but I hope the pain eases off for you . Don't take too much pain medicine or you will be constipated - esp if it was abdominal surgery ~~ just fyi
I had a hysterectomy w/ ovaries removed also. I'm alternating Motrin and the vicodin. I took some Milk of Mag and I hope that helps.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #582
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh so sorry you are having pain.

I had that same surgery 2 yrs ago and mine was a Breeze .... I have been VERY blessed with all my surgeries that I hardly ever need anything but Motrin
Wish you weren't having any either. Did they tell you not to stay in bed and walk around ? That helps !
Hope you feel better soon !
Old 08-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #583
Big Yapper!

Tammy, I'm glad to see you here but so sorry to hear you are suffering. When (Oh Lord!) will you ever catch a break? Try to focus on when this is all behind you, how your life will have improved on a monthly basis. I will keep praying for you, darling. Get as much rest as you can but Laura's right. Move. Get vertical and just move often. It will make it better in the long run.

I had a good day at the farm. Well, they are all about the same but I was wrong, thinking the manager was going to be there. She works her other job every other weekend and I must have blocked it out that she was there last Sunday. It was just me and a mother/daughter duo that come every Sunday. The other lady is "biking along the Danube River in Hungary." I had no idea she was going to be away, but the mother of my duo told me she must be over there if she didn't show up today. I guess she and her hubby have been all over the world all their lives. How amazing is that?!

The animals were all fine. I gave them each a grooming after the mom/daughter left for the night. Cowboy was a dusty beast! They all were somewhat dusty but Cowboy was the worst one. And Charmed is always so itchy. When you go to brush near his rear legs, he lifts the leg up and looks like he's going to cow-kick you but I learned that all he is doing is showing you where the itchy parts are. When you scratch just the right places, not only does his rear leg come way up but he bends his face all the way to where you're standing and it looks like this ballet move.

Well, I'm going to rest now. Tammy, I hope tonight and tomorrow are so much better than today has been. Hang in there, honey.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:44 AM   #584
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's 4 a.m. and been awake since 3. Time for pain med. The pain wakes me up. I walk around a good bit, but the steps are a killer. Going down isn't bad, its coming back up that stirs things up. The dr said I had endometriosis, I don't know if I told you that. Maybe thats why I'm having more pain than others. I'm glad I did it and looking forward to going past the beginning of the month and nothing happens! Yayyyyy!!!! My stitches are starting to itch, so its healing. My appetite isn't back yet. For dinner yesterday I ate a small hamburger and a small helping of mashed potatoes. And for dessert I had jello. I can't believe my daughter is actually taking care of me. This is a first. My dh is staying home today bc he says I need him. BUT the truth is he doesn't want Chloe to go to a babysitter, who is a lady my dd works with. She watches her grandson who is a little younger than Chloe so she'd have someone to play with. But hes so protective of her. Hes a good Pappy! LOL
Well, going to watch tv til I dose off again. ttys!
Old 08-12-2013, 07:53 AM   #585
Blabbermouth!!!

Tay I bet those stairs are tough. Is there any way you can stay on the ground floor ? Endometriosis might account for the additional pain. Hope you feel better after med and nap ! TMI -- doing ok with BM's ? If not, that will definitely cause pain ! Make sure things keep moving !!!
Old 08-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #586
Big Yapper!

Hi, ladies. Tammy, I don't know if they talked about using an abdominal binder but I bought one at a drug store after I had my gallbladder removed laparoscopically and it helped me pack up and move just a week or two after surgery. The binder helped tremendously with the pain. I just didn't wear it all the time. You should be able to find one at your local drug store.

That's wonderful that everyone is taking great care of you. I would avoid the stairs for the first week if you can. I think Laura's idea of setting you up downstairs is a perfect one. Can you sleep comfortably on the couch? Is there a bathroom on the first floor? Give it some thought!

With the endometriosis, all that junk was removed in the surgery, right? I don't know much about it but that can't affect non-uterine tissues, can it? I hope not. Tammy needs a break.

I have work again today. Going to check the weather forecast, though I haven't heard of any rain on the way. Always good to keep an eye on the sky, so I know if I should close barn and stall windows before I leave.

Have a great day, ladies. Tammy, think about that binder and the first floor move.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #587
Blabbermouth!!!

Have a good day at work Cheryl ! Is it cooling off already there ? We won't get cool weather till Jan lol !
Old 08-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #588
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

There is no way I could get any rest if I went downstairs. I'm better off in my bedroom and the bathroom is just 15 feet away. All I have to do is yell down the stairs if I want something. They are being so helpful. My dd told me my husband was so worried about me Friday. This is a man who doesn't show emotions easily, but he was Friday. Endometriosis latches onto the reproductive organs, not any others. I don't know yet if it was just in the uterus or was on the ovaries too. I'll find out when I go to see him in 4 weeks. I suspect with the constant pelvic pain I was having it was outside the uterus.
I use a pillow when I cough and I have a heat pad on too. When I showered yesterday I didn't wash my hair and I need to wash it today. Might have to have my daughter help me out.
Have a good day today!
Old 08-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #589
Big Yapper!

I remember some wild weather in TX. I recall the Thanksgiving river parade (using river taxis) and all of us freezing, then I remember going tubing in October and riding in a convertible in January. We had one ice storm while I lived there but that melted the next day.

This week, we are in the 70's! A taste of Fall and I'm so thankful.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #590
Big Yapper!

Sounds good, Tammy. Good idea to splint with a pillow when coughing. I guess it's best that you stay upstairs and just limit your trips to the first floor for the first week. You sound like you're feeling a bit better today. Are you? Hope so! And glad your hubby is showing you some emotion.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:13 AM   #591
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Sounds good, Tammy. Good idea to splint with a pillow when coughing. I guess it's best that you stay upstairs and just limit your trips to the first floor for the first week. You sound like you're feeling a bit better today. Are you? Hope so! And glad your hubby is showing you some emotion.

I would get up and walk more than to the restroom and back though...I'm sure you are , but it will "work out" that soreness much quicker !

Tell me to shut up when you are tired of my nosing in !
Old 08-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #592
Big Yapper!

She's getting two nurses for the price of one.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #593
Blabbermouth!!!

she'll disown us soon
Old 08-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #594
Big Yapper!

Just tell us to stuff a sock in it, Tammy. Or "shut your pie hole" or something of that nature.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #595
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: time2change
Stats: 5'2 172/hoping for 110
WOE: JUDDD ???
Start Date: April 2014
Quote:
Thanks, ladies. One thing that came to me as I was watching those videos is rather strange but has a strong ring of truth to it: I am a Ghost. I am like a living, breathing ghost. I am in the present but I haunt (or am haunted by) my past and the places I've lived in and the things I've done. I'm going through the motions of life but I've never been the same since that time we found out my husband's second kidney transplant was beginning to fail. In many ways, I died 3 years before he did.

I hope some of this makes sense to you. I don't embrace the present. I don't make the most of it or make the most of ME. I just do what needs to be done that day and somehow time passes and I stay the same. I continue to be stuck in the past, even when I don't think that I am. I'm one of those "glory days" people.
You put my whole life into words. I call my self invisible. I really thank you.
time2change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #596
Big Yapper!

Well, my darling. You can't just come in here and make such a statement without sharing something about you too. Why does what I said ring such a loud bell with you? I'm sorry that you could understand me.

Work day is done. I had no volunteer and she didn't tell me. I did the paddocks and left a couple for the girl to do when she showed up, then I asked the manager if she'd heard that she wasn't coming. "She's on vacation this week. It's on the schedule in my office." I said I had glanced at it and her name wasn't crossed off, so I went back inside and noticed I looked at the wrong Monday. For today, the girl's name just wasn't on the schedule. That's why it didn't jump out at me.

So I told her that it would be easier to notice if she left the volunteers name on the schedule and just crossed it off. "No, I just take them off that day." Just another thing about her that apparently I need to get adjusted to.

So I put my netted head thing back on and went to finish all the paddocks and waters. I started noticing how some of the horses wanted to come in because of the bugs. I didn't even realize it was 5:30. Normally I bring them in at 5 and sometimes 4-4:30 if the bugs are bad. Poor babies! Time flies when you have no helpers.

All's well that ends well. Everyone tucked in and fed. And because I wore the head net all day, I got not one single bite on my face, head or neck. First time for everything!!!

Have a great night, everyone. Time2change, I hope you stick around.

ETA: It was much hotter today than it's been. I was thinking it was going to be in the 70's. At least I'm off tomorrow. It's going to be a severely stormy day.

Last edited by CherylB; 08-12-2013 at 05:15 PM..
Old 08-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #597
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am moving around on the second floor. Taking walks in the bedrooms and I've gone downstairs 3 times today. Not too bad. The dr called to see how I was doing and I tried to make my 4 wk appt but they were filled up. So she said the office mgr can squeeze me in but she can't so I have to wait for her to call me.
Well dh is going to work tomorrow, thank goodness! I'd rather be alone. He's on my nerves.
Sounds like you did ok at the farm without help. It was humid here but suppose to be getting into the 70's soon.
I'm taking my meds then going to sleep. Ttyt!
Old 08-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #598
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post

she'll disown us soon
never!
Old 08-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #599
Big Yapper!

They will have to "squeeze you in"? Which Dr is this? Better not be involved with the surgery or someone needs to be drawn and quartered. I'm glad you're moving around more and that you get to send DH packing. I hear ya, sweetie. Sometimes it's just so much better to have things get back to "somewhat" normal.

I'm heading for bed, too. Sleep tight!
Old 08-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #600
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Busy day for you all alone hey Cheryl? Sounds like you did a marvelous job!

Get well soon & enjoy your R & R Tay!

Hope Cisco's healing up fast too!