Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #421
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
No big muscles required, Debby. I drove the car right up to the area where the boats are tied and then I untied the straps that were keeping it from flying off the car when I drove, opened one car door and stepped up so I could pull the foam blocks closer to me, then I just tipped the kayak over and lowered it to the ground. It was grassy at that spot so I just grabbed the handle at the bow and pulled it over to the "marina". I promised it that I would take it to much better places and not to worry about this being the end of the line for her.

I called a number for a paddle on Craigslist but haven't heard back yet. It's the cheapest quality paddle out there right now and it's actually in CT! I'll call him again. Then again, it might need to wait for August. I have no idea what the car repair will cost me. I just don't want to wait cause it's still blistering-hot here and that's when I need water. It can't wait.

Have a great day, ladies. Going to work. Not much chance for a storm unless it pops up out of nowhere. Will report back later.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #422
Big Yapper!

Didn't rain until a while ago while I was snug inside the house. Didn't even know it was raining and I opened the door and it was pouring straight down. It's done now. Work was hard. Seems it's hard in one way or another every single day. I'm so discouraged.

The chick that was there today has been volunteering for a couple of years. And since I took over the Sunday pm shift, I spent time training her in detail. But today she acted like a complete and total MORON. I spoke with her about things so many times (and I let a couple things slide so I wasn't a total *****) that she left at 5:15, saying she needed to go home and make dinner. Her deal is that she's used to being one of three volunteers on Sunday and she's not accustomed to working as part of a team of only two. Me and her.

Next Sunday, the mother/daughter part of the Sunday equation will be back. They're in CA. But I am just so tired of all the ups and downs and variables of this outdoor job dealing with volunteers, etc. I'm so tired. Just bone tired. And my head and heart are wanting so much to cash in my chips and find other work. I don't make much money doing this! It is (or WAS) a labor of love. I wish to God there were no volunteers and I could just whip through the tasks with no complications. In many ways, it would be easier.

I'm tired of hearing myself talk so I can't imagine how it is to be someone looking in from the outside. I'm so freaking tired. I think I'm coming seriously close to being done. It's not worth it. I can volunteer all the hours I want to, and get an indoor job with real rules and boundaries. And no bugs.

I ate tonight. I ate something I shouldn't have. I was wrestling with the desire to go to a restaurant where I could get a few beers. The ones I had at home didn't cover the need. I stayed home and skipped the restaurant/bar, but I made some frozen chicken and cheese taquitos. Then I made a dipping concoction of sour cream, cream cheese and picante sauce. It was good and it got me through to this point, where I will now go to bed.

I have to call the mechanic in the morning. I have to get the brakes fixed. I just want to sleep until 1pm. Time will tell. Night, y'all.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Sorry you had another rough day. Hope tomorrow brings good news & you can get refocused.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #424
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
we didn't get any rain yesterday, it was so hot! Today the temp is going up to 90*! A/C on blast! I need to but an oscillating fan for upstairs to move the air around. Will do that today in between appts. Yes.....those appts are today. One is at 12:45; the other at 2:30. Blood work done too to see if I'm anemic. Which I showed him my nails (they're white!). Not very pink at all.
Chloe is going to my dd's bf's for the day with her Mimi. Thats what she calls Adam's mom. His mom just adores Chloe and the feeling is reciprocated! Seen it myself at our house. Told my dd if she wants to come home this afternoon after my appts, I'll get the car seat off of her at her job and go get her. Being there from 11-8:30 is a long time.
Do you work today? I miss those days of getting ready for work and seeing other people every day. Now I see the same faces! I love them, but they get on my last nerve! LOL
Well, ttys!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #425
Big Yapper!

Let me know how all the tests go. You showed the Dr the nails on your feet and told them how they turned purple and then fell off, right? He needs to know what happened, not just how they look now.

OMG; yes I'm working again today. And the new cable modem came at 0930 this morning. UPS guy banged hard on the front door and I went to get it knowing it was him and still trying to stay in that zone of alertness where I could flop back into bed and pick up where I left off. It worked. (I had to sign for it. He asked if I was her and I said, "I'm her roommate." That's the story she tells cause she wants people to think she still lives here. Complicated.) Then I got a call a short time after that from the mechanic to tell me he heard my voice mail from Saturday and could take me in tomorrow at 11. I again tried to stay in that zone. It worked.

I woke up (reluctantly) at 12:45 and fed Cisco, then gave her the meds she takes. Put her out then back in. Now she's snoozing. She had a large skin tag on her right eye lid, right at the edge of it. I'd cut it off once before and it bled a little bit and I'd been meaning to cut it off again but was a little nervous. Well, I removed it last night and it went perfectly! Barely bled at all. It was like an engorged tick in size and shape. Now it's no more. One eye problem down, one to go.

Just got a call from the Vet to confirm my appointment for tomorrow at 3:30. I told them I had to take the car to the mechanic at 11 and didn't know if I'd be able to make the Vet appointment in time or at all, so we rescheduled for 3:30 on Thursday. That works better for me and gives me a few more days to treat her left eye ulcer and see how much smaller we can get it. It's just taking a ridiculous amount of time this occurrence.

Then I remembered I have a 3-day seminar at the farm starting Wednesday. From 9-2. So that means I'll be at the farm all that time on Wednesday, race home, take care of the dog, dress for work and race back. I just sent an email to the Director who is giving the seminar and asked her to tell me the percentage of time we would be outdoors during those three days. I told her I might have to bow out. I can't voluntarily spend more time out in this dreadful heat and humidity.

I'm under so much stress right now, my apartment is a pigsty and now I have to tell my landlady that the cable modem has arrived. Then she's going to have to come in and then most likely she'll want to use the bathroom at some point. I also have a problem with the refrigerator. There is water leaking down out of the freezer from time to time and it pools up in the bottom under the veggie drawers and then drains out onto the floor. That's when I know it's time to grab a towel and a bowl and mop up all the water that's collected.

It's been going on for months but I haven't told her about it because I want to be ready for her to go into my kitchen. So rather than the seminar from hell, I think I'm going to spend that time here at home, making my apartment sparkle. Then I need to remove all food from refrigerator and freezer and see if I can get that ready for her inspection, too. Then I have to come up with a believable amount of time to tell her when it started happening cause she told me she wants to know immediately when things go wrong.

I think I have made up my mind. I'm out of the seminar. Crap happens. This is just a bad week for all that to be happening. Case closed.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-15-2013 at 10:36 AM..
Old 07-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #426
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
wow Cheryl, sounds like you have way too much you need to do at home ~~ work can wait ! Good luck tackling all that this week. Hope Cisco's eye gets better too.
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #427
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Sounds like you definitely need a "home day," my friend!

OK, weird question: have you ever done genetic testing at 23 and Me? (It's a DNA testing company.)
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:51 PM   #428
Big Yapper!

Thank you, Laura. How are you doing?

Jessica, that IS a weird question. I'd have to say no. What is it? I've heard of tests like that to find out what your mutt is made of but I've read the reviews and the results are really off-the-wall. Looking forward to hearing what you say about this.

Another work day's done. It was a scorcher. Got a few new bug bites that are whoppers and I had the sensation that I was going to black out when I stood back up after sitting down for a while. It started in my ears and then the sensation spread throughout my head. As I started to walk around, it went away. Don't call EMS yet!

I hosed off three of the horses. The ones that seemed the hottest. We brought them all in at 4 cause Big Red was running around in the paddock and two other horses were stuck like glue to the back of one of the duplexes. "LET US IN!" So after they were turned in, I let them relax and munch hay for a while and then I hosed Red first. He liked it. He doesn't like his face sprayed. Just found that out.

My volunteer on Mondays is very "green" but she's been volunteering in the mornings on some days too. She's picking up on things fast. Too bad she'll be leaving us when college resumes at the end of August. She's a nice young lady. (She was wearing shorts and she has yet to shave her legs for the first time in her life. She's that young. And her Dad drops her off and picks her back up.)

I have tomorrow off so once I drop off the car at 11 am, I'll start getting busy on the house. Time to relax now. Ttyl.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-15-2013 at 06:01 PM..
Old 07-15-2013, 07:27 PM   #429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like things are going better today (except for having heat-problems). Hope you find some time to rest in between all your house-hold chores. They do have a way of building up.

Hope eating is going to plan.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #430
Big Yapper!

I'm working it, sister. Hoping to get back into that sweet spot I was in. Thanks for stopping by! Hope you're having a lovely day.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:33 AM   #431
Big Yapper!

Just dropped off the car. The walk back home seemed so much longer (and HOTTER) than the last time. There was no breeze unless a semi drove by, then I got slammed with a wall of air. I tried to get Cissy to walk in the grass while I walked on the pavement but she would do about 50/50. I guess if she can take the heat on her little pads, it's good for her nails. The reason her nails are so long is because she doesn't get regular walks on pavement.

So I await the call from the mechanic and hope for the best. I told him all I knew, told him it had happened twice before and what I did that made it happen, described what was happening when it went this time and now all I can do is wait.

My car is 15 years old. Thirteen of those years, she's been mine. I can't afford a car that is comparable to her now so I really would prefer to keep her going. Plus you never know what you're getting when you buy something you think is better than what you already have. I think it's better to put the money into keeping my car "fit."

Have a great day, ladies! BBL.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:12 AM   #432
Big Yapper!

It's been three hours since I dropped off the car. I just called the guy and got his voice mail. It makes me nervous that he hasn't called me. It could be that he got hung-up on another job and my car is still sitting right where I parked it, but I would think that would be unlikely since he said to bring it at 11.

Anyway, here is a video I found on Youtube that shows me how to right a kayak when it flips over. I will need to learn this in the lessons I sign up for in August. God willing I will have the money to take the lessons. I don't want to wait until 2014 to get into this sport. It's HOT right now.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #433
Big Yapper!

PS: Without the "skirt", I can't do this with my kayak, even if I know how to. $$$$$$!
Old 07-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #434
Big Yapper!

$260 for the brake job. Apparently, the last place only corrected the immediate problem when the brakes failed rather than fixing the main source of the condition of the brakes. This time it will be resolved. I get the car back sometime tomorrow. My Mom is going to loan me some cash so I can pay him tomorrow (he's releasing the car to me so I can go get the money from her and come back and pay him.) OMG. I don't regret buying the boat but it's not a good time to be buying things I really didn't need. Hindsight is a @$^%!
Old 07-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #435
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, in car terms, $260 is not bad at all for a major system failure. Of course, when it involves spending money you don't have on hand, any repair is catastrophic.

Regarding my question, yeah, it is basically the same thing they do on dogs, haha! I had DNA testing done at 23 and me. It was SO interesting--I learned what my ethnic makeup is, what diseases I may have a greater susceptibility to (as well as what diseases my DNA makes me LESS likely to get--Alzheimer's and type 1 diabetes among those). I have also had extensive email discusssions with any number of distant cousins I've met through the service and with some, we've had pretty good luck figuring out who our common ancestor is.

Anyhoo, the reason I asked is that I saw a distant cousin on my relatives list named Cheryl, and one of the family surnames she lists is your last name, so I thought, "how bizarre would it be if that was MY Cheryl?" Haha!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 07-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #436
Big Yapper!

Oh, that's interesting. "B" is my married name but my late husband had a cousin named Cheryl that lived up in the San Francisco area. She might be the one you are related to. How cool! So interesting that you had that done. I'd like to know my family history more to do with education and land that they might have owned, to see if we were always living on a bare-bones budget.

As far as I know, we are British, Irish, Lithuanian and there was a rumor of some distant American Indian blood in the mix. No clue. Then I heard that it wasn't Lithuanian but something else. Well, my Dad's Dad spoke Lithuanian.

What does it cost to have that DNA test done?
Old 07-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #437
Big Yapper!

I hear ya on the car repairs. But I've been and continue to be so blessed with that car that I can only thank God for stumbling across it when I was leaving AZ to begin travel nursing. Actually, there's an interesting twist in the finances. I had bought a mattress that came from Overstock and it was one of those foam ones that are compressed and put into a box.

Well I didn't like it and I asked them about the return policy (you're getting the condensed version, no pun intended.) They won't take those back once they've been "inflated" but they gave me half my money back! So I still have the mattress (which I can hopefully sell) and eventually they will be depositing the money back into my checking account. That's $135 I hadn't been counting on.

God is good.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:49 PM   #438
Blabbermouth!!!

Freaking amazing! Wow. I guess there's really a lot to be said for not fretting and trusting God to take care of you. Like they say, let go and let God.

My exciting ethnic makeup turned out to be 99.7% northern European. Almost completely English, with a dash of Irish and Scot.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #439
Big Yapper!

That's it?? So how much did it cost to find that out? I'm interested in checking into this. And YES! Freaking amazing!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #440
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That DNA test sounds awesome. I know I'm a Heinz 57! I know I'm scotch/irish, german, a little english, some indian. I just wonder the percentages. My maiden name is German and my grandfather's ancestors are german and my grandmother was scotch/irish and spoke dutch. So those percentages are gonna be high, I know. Just wonder about my mom's side.
Today was a scorcher! I ran to the bank and got smacked with the heat and humidity. I was only outside for a few minutes, but a few minutes too long.
So just a few more days til I go to the dr and find out the results of my tests. I'm a little worried. I've just been praying that everything is normal and I can proceed with surgery. I just can't help but feel that something is wrong.
Well, watching Pregnant and Dating.....interesting! LOL
good night!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #441
Big Yapper!

Never heard of that show but that isn't something I'd be into. Too messy for me. I hope all tests come back A-OK and the surgery is a go. You need it, honey. Believe and trust that it's time, and when it's time, God always makes a way. Sleep tight. I've been on LCF way too long tonight. Keyboard is smoking!
Old 07-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's great news about the refund. Hope it comes just in time!

Hope the rest of your day went as planned.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:56 AM   #443
Big Yapper!

I'm awaiting the call from the mechanic and have my laundry in the dryer. It's another steam bath outside today. They're calling this the 4th heat wave of the summer but I think it's just been one long heat wave with no interruptions.

When the car is ready, Cissy and I will make the walk up to get it, drive to my Mom's for the short-term loan, head back to mechanic to pay the bill, then drive home and huddle here in the a/c until it's time to go to work. I hope the car is done early enough for me to execute this plan. I warned the Manager at the farm that I may not get there on time. She's working today but there are supposed to be lessons so there should be a number of people there. Not sure if they'll cancel.

It seems we cancel more lessons due to weather than we actually hold. If we only had a roof on the arena. Just a simple roof. No walls, just the beginnings of something we could build on later. But then I think we should also install a bunch of big ceiling fans. Like this will ever happen.

Vet appointment tomorrow, I think there is something going on Friday (can't remember. Oh yeah! The third day of the horse seminar. The one day I might attend) and then a family get together at my aunts on Saturday. I'm bringing Macaroni Salad.

The fund raiser at the end of July falls on a Sunday, which seems odd to me. But it gives me an excuse for not participating this year. I did my part by paying for an ad in the local news paper for two months. I hope lots of people saw it and we have many more participants than last year.

So that's what's going on here. Wish me luck and I'll bbl with the latest. I'm going to have to go lightly on the brakes for a while until I get used to the feel. Don't want to send Cissy flying through the windshield!

Last edited by CherylB; 07-17-2013 at 07:57 AM..
Old 07-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #444
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Its suppose to be 90* here, but feel like 100*! I just saw the weather on tv and he says the humidity is the highest he's ever seen. Its in the oppressive range. Staying in today!
You would think the farm would have some kind of "building" for the classes. It would benefit them to have it.
I want my hair done. Its too long and definitely needs to be colored. I feel so much better when my hair looks good. I told my daughter I want it done before going under the knife. I'll feel better recovering. I talked to a woman my dd works with who just had the surgery done and she said recovery is 5 weeks. The heaviest thing allowed to lift is a glass of water. But she said theres not much pain, so I'm relieved to hear that.
Wait til the dr sees how anemic I am. Its bad. I told him I can't take regular iron pills bc I get very sick. When I had my last back surgery the dr gave me an iron pill you can only get by prescription. He gave me a script then I couldn't find a pharmacy that had it! They wouldn't even order it. Take some water with you on your walk to get your car. You think cissy will be ok for that walk? I can't wait til Sunday....gonna be 79*! He says Saturday it will be 84*. So atleast we'll be out of the 90's. geeze!
I'll bbl. Have a good day!
Old 07-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #445
Big Yapper!

What color will you dye your hair?

They have big plans for a huge building with stalls, indoor arena and the works but the money just isn't there. They are trying to raise it but I don't know how close we are. I heard that they keep adding things to their wish list so the cost keeps going up. I would be happy just to have a roof over the existing arena. That would go a long way toward lifting our spirits and being a good place for participants. If we had competition in our area, we'd probably go belly up before long.

Going to go get ready for the trek up for the car. He should be calling soon, I hope. Cisco will be fine. I'll have her walk in the grass as much as possible and then once we get the car, we'll be riding in nice cold a/c to my Mom's house and all the way back home. Then I'll bring her inside and go to work. She wouldn't want it any other way.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #446
Big Yapper!

Vet follow-up appointment today in an hour. Wish my puppy luck, please! We need a change in treatment, I think. Her ulceration just won't heal.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #447
Big Yapper!

Two more weeks of the same medication but the Atropine ointment will only be once every other day. We shall see. Next appointment is Aug 6. Had a good day and was happy not to be working. It was 98 degrees according to the thermometer in my car. And it's humid so the heat index was around 105.

At the grocery store I stopped at on the way home, there was a stand set up on the street corner. It was political so I am forbidden to say what it was for but I stopped and got some brochures. At the same time I was getting out of my car, my dog's groomer was getting out of hers! We pulled up to the stand at the exact same time. It was so funny. We laughed and hugged and it was really cool.

Finally saw some birds bathing in the bird bath/waterer on my front porch. It was cute watching them splash around. I bought it for my mother but the "association" wouldn't let her have it. It was ridiculous but she fought it in her own way then she just gave up. I took it back (was her Mother's Day gift) and instead, I ordered her two years worth of a popular bird and gardening magazine. I figured one way or another, I was going to bring birds back into her life.

Off to rest now. Big day and I'm tired. Sleep well, everyone.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #448
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good that you're off work. Hope you get a good rest. And Cissy heals!
Old 07-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #449
Big Yapper!

Good morning or good afternoon to you all. I slept in late. I turned the alarm and the ringer on my phone off so I would have zero interruptions. I did have one big WOOF around 10:30 cause Cissy had to go outside but I just flopped back into bed after I put her out. I thank God for finding this place to rent. I knew I had to find a place where I could just put Cisco outside when she needed to go, rather than have to take her out on a leash multiple times a day in all kinds of weather.

I'm looking out my bedroom window at a little house wren or sparrow or whatever those little numerous drab birds are that eat all the seeds in your feeders. He's sitting on the hanging bird bath/waterer and he's been sitting there for about 5 minutes now. He has his back to the bath so he's just chillin'. He looks like his tail might be in the water. Oh, now he spun around and he resumed drinking. He dips his head down for a sip, then holds his head up high to drink it down. I wish my Mother could have had the joy of seeing these birds on her bird bath (this one) but the powers that be wouldn't let her use it.

But looking at that bird for so long seems to have messed up my vision. The sky is hazy but bright and when I look away, I am unable to see things in detail. Like I'm burning out my retina or something, the way you can by looking directly into the sun. Will stop looking at birdies now.

I hope you all have a lovely day. I will work on this house. Later, ladies.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #450
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, if the HOA mows the lawn, they aren't going to allow anything put in the yard. Can you imagine if everyone had bird baths? The amount of time to trim around them all would be nuts! Maybe she can come to your house and enjoy them.
I went to the dr and got results of tests. I'll text ya some time tomorrow. No cancer though!
Tomorrow Chloe's dad is coming. So he said today. He hasn't seen her in 2 weeks.
Have a nice night! Good night! ttyt