Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #361
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
7 lbs is 7 lbs, my girl! Especially if they stay gone. The hamster sounds adorable. The perfect pet for a little girl her age. Glad she didn't fall in love with something much bigger.

It's sunny here today too but OMG it's steamy! I just went to the store and couldn't believe it. Hard to breathe when it's like that. SOOOO glad I got today off. I would have been dying if I worked out in this with the sun blazing and making it worse.

Hope you enjoy the movie tonight!

I did indeed relax today. I'm so doggone good at it! It comes so naturally, the path of least resistance. But we all know where that leads. I decided to buy some more Vox hhcg pellets. I had bought a bottle of pellets a few months back and I didn't like them at all so I went back to the old Vox pellets I had from a couple years ago. I think if I'm going to do this, I need to have the right stuff. So I just googled to see who's selling and I bought 2 bottles. I hope they are identical to what I had originally.

At the store, I bought foods that I will be eating on a typical rogue P2 day. Even with the work I do at the farm and the calories I'll expend, I think it's important to try and keep the calories below 800. So, that's what I'll shoot for. I will try just eating plain cottage cheese, fresh fruit and a veggie like Zucchini. I remember how much I loved that when I ate it last time, sprayed with PAM and seasoned with garlic powder and salt, then roasted in the toaster oven.

I also bought 3 large bottles of Diet Arizona Iced Tea and I'll drink that instead of coffee. Bye bye, cream! See ya later, alligator. It will not only save me calories, but money cause I'll have no reason to go to Dunkin Donuts anymore and I won't be buying the manager a coffee so much. And it's hot out there, man! Makes sense to switch to a cold drink.

So tonight I eat loosely and tomorrow I begin the plan. I must must MUST start feeling comfortable in my own skin again. I must start loving wearing clothes again. It's a dang struggle just to put on my bras at times! It makes me want to break down and cry. I'm sick of it! Fed up and going to get serious. The new pellets will help. Will have to keep using the old ones until the new ones arrive.

I bought some peaches at the store the other day and sometimes you think they're going to be great once they ripen and they suck. Well, these really ARE great so I bought some more. I have two ripe ones that I will need to eat by tomorrow and the others will ripen up soon.

Ttyl, ladies. Love ya! Hope not to disappoint you, me or anyone else on this next dive into weight loss. I think once I break the 200 lb barrier again, I'll use that as my starting point to begin using the Pilates Chair on a regular basis. I'll have to work up to the Reformer. I don't want to hurt myself!

Thanks for being my cheering squad.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-02-2013 at 02:54 PM..
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #362
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Wellll.....the movie was good. BUT Chloe got antsy at the end. Just too long to expect her to sit still. She did good though. She loved the popcorn! LOL
News....Dh is buying a flip house! This will be the first one we don't actually live in. Going cheap, but nice and getting it done quick. He says 6 weeks. We will see!
How is Cisco? My friend's Boxer had puppies and she wants me to get one. In a way I want a dog and on the other hand they can be expensive as heck! Ya know? She told me to come and see them. Then I'll def want one! Geeze! The hamster would be nice, less needy! But can't play with it!
We didn't get rain today! First day in a while. But it got hot this afternoon.
I still have pellets, but right now its difficult taking them with the issues I'm having with ttom. The cramping is awful and it lasts forever! Nd the pellets make it worse. So I have to stick to the super hard way of losing weight. On my own and no help.
Good night. ttyt!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #363
Big Yapper!

DON'T GO SEE THE PUPPIES!!! Not a good idea, Tammy. You WILL want one and then you will feel guilty if you can't walk and exercise it the way you want to. Dogs are a LOT OF WORK; especially when you get them "fresh from the litter." They know nothing and it's up to YOU to teach them. You never know if you're going to get a chewer or one that suffers from separation anxiety and stuff like that.

You know me! I am a dog lover, but I don't have a little grandchild taking up all my time and energy. My dog is my family. She is the one I come home to at the end of each day. YKWIM? You don't need that right now. Oh what the hell. Let me know how it turns out.

Doing a flip? Cool! Why is it going so cheap and what will he be doing to revamp it to sell in 6 weeks? That stuff fascinates me. I watch a lot of HGTV. My oldest nephew made a mint doing the same types of things, but he has kept a lot of multi-family homes and has the rental income as well. He's a smart cookie.

It is officially late so I'm going to sign off now. Nighty night!
Old 07-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #364
Big Yapper!

Well, I'm off on my P2 journey. I ate freely last night and today when I weighed, it was a real shocker. I know some is water but I really do feel like a bloated whale.

I'm having a cup of coffee with cream so day #1 is already more rogue than I planned. I used some of the newer (nasty) pellets I bought a while ago and now I remember why I hated them. The pellets are larger, pearly in color and don't dissolve all the way. I put them under my tongue at 0900 when the alarm went off and when I woke several hours later, I still had one intact pellet in there. Going back to the OLD Vox pellets and hoping the new ones come really quickly. They didn't say how they would be shipped or the estimated day of delivery so I have no clue.

Work today, then off for 3. I'm liking this. I only hope there aren't any orientations that nobody's told me about. On the other hand, I hope if there ARE any, that nobody tells me. Then I have an out. Weather is the same. Damn Jet Stream! It's all your fault. If you're going to dip way down like that, please include us in the cool air bubble. I just heard that yesterday, some city near the Great Lakes only reached a high of 68 yesterday. I want me some of that!

I wonder how long it will take me to get below 200 this time around on hcg. I guess I'm about to find out. I kind of like that I'm starting right around Independence Day. I might do this the way I did my first ever round. Just keep going on P2 and take a day here and there (special occations) to refeed (aka "cheat") and then get back on the plan the following day. I won't do that often, though.

I have my birthday coming up, so there's that. I have a family picnic on the 20th of this month at my aunt and uncle's house. Then there's the country fair in my town toward the end of August. I'm going to really try to stay the course and not take too many detours. My journey is too important to me. Why screw around? Do it or don't do it.

So for the record, I weighed 217.6 this morning after one evening of loading. The journey begins.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No dog! MAYBE a kitty. Have to think on it.
The house is cheap for the area and doesn't need expensive repairs. Just cosmetic stuff and appliances.
We should be able to profit pretty good as long as it can sell quick.
Took Chloe to the Humane Society to see dogs and cats and she loved the cats. The dogs were too big and loud. Some were not kid friendly and we could tell by how they barked and growled at Chloe. She didn't like them.
well, have to go! ttys!
Old 07-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #366
Big Yapper!

I don't know how you could walk out of the Humane Society without carrying something furry. I know I couldn't! That's why I could never volunteer there, and there is a large new one just up the street from me. If I were to walk in there, I'd fall in love with something. Too risky! So did she like any of the cats enough to bug you about getting him or her?

Work went fine today. The bugs were just unbelievable, though. The horses all had their fly masks on but with no exaggeration, there were 20 or more flies on their heads, just swarming them. We brought them in early and then we gave them all a shower. They loved it so much! What a relief it must be to be drenched with fresh, coolish water. Lola even enjoyed her face being sprayed. The other horses didn't like that much. I think Cowboy was okay with his face getting wet.

I have some bug bites. One by my right eye, one near the right side of my mouth, a few on my legs and others will probably become more apparent over time. The manager said she has these bugs that she can put out and they eat the fly larvae or something like that. PLEASE put the bugs out! Let me help you do it!

Day 1 on P2 is going fine. No hunger and not weak. I hope I can keep my calories low and still do my job. It will be a challenge to eat so little food. I've been off any discernible plan for so long that this will be a shock to my system. I'm hoping I drop 10 lbs of water in the next 5 days. We shall see.

Tomorrow: Housework. The next day: Housework. The day after: Maybe volunteer at the farm and do something fun and beneficial for the horses. Staff are supposed to do volunteer work in addition to being on the clock and while I was working 4 days a week, I wasn't about to go another day of my own free will. Now I can do that and not feel overwhelmed.

So, now I'm going to relax. I hope you have a lovely, relaxing night too. I don't have plans for the 4th but probably will see some fireworks right from home.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #367
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

There were no small dogs, all were too big! He kitty's....diferent story! She liked a light gray one alot and was hugging and kissing it. She was really drawn to it. So I came home and mention this to my dd in a text. She texts back that her coworkers friend's cat just had kittens June 26th and theres a cute light gray one with a white streak between the eyes. She sent a picture and it is cute. Sooo dh gave in and says chloe can have a cat. She's gonna be happy! I let her see the pic and she says its not a kitty! LOL She has never seen a baby before! LOL
I don't have plans tomorrow either. I'll sit on the porch and watch fireworks people will let off. Been watching them all week!
Didn't tell you...dh is going away for a few days for training. He leaves Sunday afternoon and comes back Thursday. They put them up in a nice hotel, all expenses paid. He likes it bc he eats lobster and steak on the company! LOL He's a nut! Last time he went for a week. So thinking about what I can do with Chloe for a couple days.
well, good night. ttyt!
Old 07-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #368
Big Yapper!

Oh, I wish you'd let her rescue the one she got to "test drive." You'll save the cat's life and you'll get a cat that you know likes Chloe. I hope you go for the rescue. It's much easier for people to find homes for kittens. Most older cats in shelters have little hope.

Just out of curiosity, what does the shelter want in the way of $$ to adopt one of their cats? I wish they would come up with a better way to charge for their animals. I paid a small fortune for Cisco. More than I paid for my pure-bred miniature American Eskimo dog! Go figure. You'd think they'd be more interested in saving these animals than "breaking even" or even coming out ahead.

I am down 4.6 lbs of water in the first day! Yippee! So my old Vox pellets are still good. SWEET! And I ate more than I planned to. I am glad it didn't hurt me any.

Have no plans to do anything for the 4th. Got an email from my Mom in NC. They are still at their cabin in the mountains. They are going to some family picnic and going to see fireworks. She says it's been raining the past few days. We are finally in a dry zone but for some reason, the humidity remains tropical.

So I have things I must do today, including watering my mom's plants for her. BBL, y'all. Have a great day and I hope you get to do something fun or at least see some fireworks from home. That's what I'm hoping for. I saw some from my living room last year.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #369
Big Yapper!

I DID SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE! WOOHOO! I went to my Mom's and watered all her plants, inside and out. Then went to the store to get rid of all my freaking bottles that have deposits on them. OMG. I wish they'd repeal that law. Then I got gas and filled up the tires with air. One was in the mid 20's psi! I could tell cause it was getting hard to steer.

Came home and watered all my outdoor plants, filled all bird feeders, put fresh water in bird baths and scrubbed/refilled dog's water bowl (outdoor one.) Hosed down Cissy with a mister and she wasn't into it but when it was over, she raced around with glee. Then I filled and hung the bird waterer/bath I had bought for my Mom for Mother's Day but the elderly complex managers said "NO." (Afraid it will draw rats. Oh brother.) So now that's hanging on my front porch and I can see it from my bed. Hope the birdies find it and like to bathe in it.

AND I went through the kitchen and took things I had been planning to wash and store in my "Tupperware" cabinet and tossed them in the recycle bin. I don't give a hoot about all those containers. I got them from the times I'd bought stuff at the deli counter at 8pm. If I want more of them, I know where to go.

So, I feel pretty good about today. The flag across the street at the Fire House is at half-mast. Not sure if it's because we are at war or because of the firefighters who died so tragically out west. For whatever reason, I'm glad they lowered the flag on this historic day.

How are the rest of "y'all" doing today? Tammy, when do you expect to get the kitty? Either one you choose, I hope it's a good cat for Chloe. Some cats are very cool.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-04-2013 at 03:10 PM..
Old 07-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm at my BIL and his gf's house. Decided to come here with dh and we brought Chloe. This is the first time we've been here. having a good time and fireworks later!
Oh and we haven't decided about the cat yet.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #371
Big Yapper!

Cool! Have a great evening. Hope I can see some fireworks tonight, too. I still think they should make the 4th of July a celebration that always falls on Saturday. Thursday? Yeesh!
Old 07-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I DID SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE! WOOHOO! I went to my Mom's and watered all her plants, inside and out. Then went to the store to get rid of all my freaking bottles that have deposits on them. OMG. I wish they'd repeal that law. Then I got gas and filled up the tires with air. One was in the mid 20's psi! I could tell cause it was getting hard to steer.

Came home and watered all my outdoor plants, filled all bird feeders, put fresh water in bird baths and scrubbed/refilled dog's water bowl (outdoor one.) Hosed down Cissy with a mister and she wasn't into it but when it was over, she raced around with glee. Then I filled and hung the bird waterer/bath I had bought for my Mom for Mother's Day but the elderly complex managers said "NO." (Afraid it will draw rats. Oh brother.) So now that's hanging on my front porch and I can see it from my bed. Hope the birdies find it and like to bathe in it.

AND I went through the kitchen and took things I had been planning to wash and store in my "Tupperware" cabinet and tossed them in the recycle bin. I don't give a hoot about all those containers. I got them from the times I'd bought stuff at the deli counter at 8pm. If I want more of them, I know where to go.

So, I feel pretty good about today. The flag across the street at the Fire House is at half-mast. Not sure if it's because we are at war or because of the firefighters who died so tragically out west. For whatever reason, I'm glad they lowered the flag on this historic day.

How are the rest of "y'all" doing today? Tammy, when do you expect to get the kitty? Either one you choose, I hope it's a good cat for Chloe. Some cats are very cool.
What a great day! I love accomplishing things like that. Feels so good.
So Cheryl, are you in Onderland? I'm trying to figure out your signature... or are you at the bold number? Whichever, congrats!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #373
Big Yapper!

I'm in the bold number. It's a weight loss ticker I devised way back when, cause I didn't want to deal with the kind you had to update and repost in your siggy every time you needed to change it. No, I'm not in the one's yet, but I WILL BE.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #374
Big Yapper!

I stopped the ticker at 195 cause that's a good first goal...
Old 07-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #375
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, I get it... good way to do it.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #376
Big Yapper!

Down one more and moved one bead over to the gone jar. I offered to go and help the barn girl who's on today if she didn't have enough help but thankfully she said she had good helpers today. Otherwise, if I had gone out there in this 92 degree humid day, I'd have .
Old 07-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello! I was busy yesterday. I took Chloe and we went to my parents house til 7 last night. We had a nice visit. We had a serious discussion about our funerals and wishes. They asked if I'd be the executor of their will. Yikes! HUGE responsibility! They showed me where they had written their obituaries. Just showing me everything I'll need to know.
My brother won't talk about it. Hes gonna flip out when he finds out they're putting a headstone on their plots.
Good job on the weight loss!!! Find that determination and keep it going. Myself, I gained a couple pounds. Gotta get them back off quick! Chloe is laying here watching Wonder Pets. I'm having a pain day. Two days of too much sitting and riding in the car. I have to go shopping too. Nothing to eat in this house! And I have to buy ds's things to send him today.
I better get moving. ttyl.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #378
Big Yapper!

Two more beads! That's the good news. The dog barked and wanted to go outside this morning cause she saw a squirrel on the front porch. I let her go and the chase was on. I went back to bed and got back up when she wanted to come in again. Later on when I was actually awake, I went to give her breakfast and eye medication and that's when I saw (and smelled) that she had poop-rolled. I HATE WHEN SHE DOES THAT!!!!

Well, she's cleaned up now but it's a tough thing to clean her radio collar of poop without destroying it with moisture. (Underground pet fence.) Thankfully, this time it was caked mostly on the strap itself and the buckle. I keep disposable gloves and Clorox wipes around for times like these.

It's quiet around here the past few days (the threads I participate in.) Must be cause others have A LIFE and are out enjoying themselves somewhere more temperate. It's still beastly here. Hunkered down and staying cool. Tomorrow I must go out and face it, at the farm.

I found a very inexpensive Kayak but it's in Massachusetts almost to the NH border. I googled and it's about 1 hr 45 min drive from where I am. I emailed the guy to see if he still had it and he does, which is great but also worries me a bit. You don't find a kayak that looks like that for $150 very often. Why hasn't someone snatched it up by now? He posted it for sale in the early part of June (I think. Could be wrong about that.)

I have no luggage rack so if I drive up there and take it back with me, I'll just have to tie it to the roof the best that I can. I can put something between the boat and the roof to protect the paint, and tie it at both ends to the front and rear of the car's undercarriage. It's 10' long. I'll post a picture of it for you to see. I'll have to buy my own paddle. It comes with nothing else but the boat, but still it's a fabulous price if it's in good condition.

Other consideration is my hours have been cut back at work and August is my month to pay my nursing license renewal ($100) and the annual car tax ($92.52 this year. For a car that is 15 years old. That's CT for ya.) So if I leap and buy that boat, I might be scrimping pennies to live the rest of the month. And it's only the 6th. Scary. Been there, done that.

I think I'm going to tell him that if he still has it in the beginning of August, I'll buy it. If it's still there by then, it must be meant for me. Right?
Old 07-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #379
Big Yapper!

Tammy, that's heavy stuff. At least your parents have something to impart to their kids when they go! My Father died and we gathered a box of keepsakes from his entire life. Nothing of monetary value cause he had nothing. When my Mother passes, it will be similar. Some jewelry and not much else. Pictures. I don't want her jewelry if it means she leaves us. Stick around a long time more, Mom!

Don't worry about the upswing on the scale. You're having a lot of pain and going through emotional stuff so just try not to gain any more than you have. It will come off again. Thanks for the encouragement. It helps to know others are happy for me.

I took ages writing my other post, so I didn't see yours until I actually posted it. Sounds like you're being a good Mom and pushing through the pain to send your son some good stuff, so that's wonderful. That's what mommies do.

PS: I'd never heard of people writing their own obituaries but that's not such a bad idea. Who knows their history better than the person who lived it? Maybe I'll write one for myself too. I have no Will right now. No life insurance, either. Better figure something out cause it costs money to take care of the body when it's no longer of use. I guess I could donate it to science but that creeps me out.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #380
Big Yapper!

I just bought a used kayak! It's a hell of a drive but I'm going next Thursday to pick it up. He's going to hold it for me and I'm going to drive up there and then turn around and drive back, so we're both taking a leap of faith. I hope neither one of us gets screwed.

I saw some blurry pics on his Craigslist ad and then asked for more pics, which he emailed to me. But they are worse than the ones on the ad. He warned me about his camera and after I saw them, I had to laugh.

I still need to buy a paddle cause he doesn't own one. But I think I can get one pretty cheaply. If I really use the boat, I'll invest in a quality paddle. I'll post the craigslist ad so you can see what I bought!

10 ft perception kayak
Old 07-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #381
Big Yapper!

Down 0.4 today. Anything that's going in the right direction right now puts a smile on my face. I have the farm today. I saw on facebook last night that the hay had been delivered yesterday. I TOLD HER to let me know when it was coming so I could help unload and then stock. It is a grueling job and it requires many hands and backs. Even someone to actually count the bales as they go into the barn's hay room and loft, to keep track of what's being used and how quickly. Surprisingly, it's difficult to keep an accurate count with three people or so going in and out of the barn one after the other. Somehow you lose track.

I saw the manager in the picture, sitting atop the truck of hay and she looked like she was ready to pass out. Her face was red and she was all sweaty and I saw how much hay we got. It just makes me mad that she didn't take me seriously enough to let me know when it was on the way.

I mapquested the kayak. Before I knew the guy's address, I just googled my town to his town and it said the drive was 1 hour and 41 minutes. With the exact addresses, it's a minimum of 2 hours and the more scenic route is 2 hours and 22 minutes. Not so bad if I was going to be there for a while before heading back home, but to turn around and drive right back? Kind of bummed, but a kayak like that for $150 is worth the drive.

I am having such a major break-out of zits on my chin! What is up with that? I'm using the zit meds I have that are normally very effective but geeze! Nothing seems to be helping. Nearly 51 years of age and still fighting with pimples. I still have oily skin, too. That's why I have to wash my hair every freakin' day.

I just saw the forecast for today. There's a pretty good chance we'll get a t-storm or shower tonight. That will save me another trip to my Mom's tonight. Rain! Come and rain on us. It's been a while now and everything is thirsty!

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-07-2013 at 10:42 AM..
Old 07-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #382
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Whoo! Congrats on the kayak. Dave bought a small one at Costco and has been having a lot of fun with it.

I'm excited about you going back on VLCDs! I remember how happy you were when you were losing so fast and well, and want to see you feel that way again! (Want tp see me feel that way again, too!)
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #383
Big Yapper!

I wish it was closer to home (the boat.) Seems so ridiculous to go that far and turn right back around and come home. I'm having second thoughts and wondering if I should be looking for something that comes with some kayaking gear and not just the boat. Once I buy a paddle and a life vest and maybe a helmet, I might as well have just bought a more expensive one that came complete.

I hate how I second-guess myself all the time. I am my very own worst enemy for sure. Making decisions (great or small) have always been so hard for me. I think that's why I developed an impulsive way of being. Act now before I have time to think about it!

OMG, ladies. I got to help with loading hay after all. We loaded 232 bales today, on top of doing the regular cleaning of paddocks and stalls and feeding and watering. We hosed down the horses and then when they all got their grain, we began loading the hay. Thankfully, one of the top guys (also on the Board of Directors) came and did a ton of it. Then the manager (who was also there) called the next-door-neighbors to see if that couple could help. Between the two of them, the two neighbors, my volunteer and myself, we got it done.

But the things I normally do fell by the wayside because of it. I was suffering from heat stroke the entire time I was there. The heat index (how it feels when the dew point is taken into account) was 103 or 104 degrees. The skies were threatening and we heard lots of thunder but it never rained. Great for the fact that the hay stayed nice and dry but I was almost wishing it would rain like hell. I was just going to lie on my back in the grass and let it wash over me. (I had to keep sitting down and sponging off my skin. The B of D guy even brought out a fan for me to sit in front of. Very thankful to him but also embarrassed.)

And then, the hay particles that are shaken loose from each bale of hay as it's going up the elevator. All that had to be salvaged and we gave it to the mini's. There was a lot and still there was lots on the ground. I just couldn't do anymore. I told the manager I'd do a really good job tomorrow, cleaning up all that hay. I felt bad leaving the stalls with poop and pee in them. I always go back through one last time before I leave for the night. It's going to be horrible for the manager in the morning, who's doing the morning barn chores.

I can't think about that now. It is over and I did the best I could. But on days like this, my best just isn't good enough. I am so debilitated and after all those fancy cardiac and pulmonary tests, I have no answers. I'm going to have to make a radical change in my lifestyle and see if I can improve my fitness the old-fashioned way.

So, that's my story. Time to rest and recover now. And make a new plan of attack to go along with the rogue P2 I'm in. (And no, it has nothing to do with how I was feeling at the farm. I experience this fatigue when it's so hot and humid like this.)

Last edited by CherylB; 07-07-2013 at 05:41 PM..
Old 07-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #384
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry about your hay-day! I would of had a very difficult time with doing that in the heat too! So glad that's over! It will be so much easier to finish up later.
Congrats on the kayak! Hope you have a great time with it.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #385
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Just look at all the calories you're burning, though, Cheryl. You have such an active lifestyle compared to my completely sedentary one. I'm filled with admiration for you!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #386
Big Yapper!

Aww! I'll try to live up to that statement, Jessica. Today will be a different story altogether. I have a brand new volunteer coming. I don't think she has any experience with this type of work (or even with horses). I hope I'm wrong about that. Will find out soon enough. PS: There will be another "hay day" (as Debby called it) in about a week. Not all the fields have been cut yet. Then we'll assemble to do it all over again. But the weather by that time could be much milder.

Thanks, Debby. I just hope when I get all the way up there to pick it up, that it isn't in worse shape than he said. If I can't have any sized pool here (I tried several times and the answer from landlady is a firm "no." Liability plus she pays the water bill), I will have to seek out water on my own. The boat will help me do that. Poor Cissy will just have to swim beside or behind or whatever, or I'll have to leave her home sometimes. She's getting her hair chopped tomorrow. No more sinking!

Down 2 more pounds, ladies! Feeling good. Had no appetite at all last night but I made myself eat a chicken sandwich. I had only had one cup of cottage cheese before going to work. I took all my vito's though. But by evening, I just didn't feel like chewing anything and my stomach wasn't calling out to me. I debated on not eating but I knew I had work today and had to eat something. You don't feed the body, the body will feed on itself. And not just fat, either.

Well, I'm off to get other things done. Thanks for stopping by! Love yous.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-08-2013 at 10:18 AM..
Old 07-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #387
Big Yapper!

This post is for YOU, Tammy!

I love rivers. When I was in my 20's and living in TX, the only thing that kept me sane was tubing and canoeing down rivers; primarily the Guadalupe. I haven't done it since I left TX and that was a jillion years ago. I'm turning 51 in August and I just have to make time for the things that rejuvenate me.

Granted, the rivers in CT aren't going to be comparable to the ones in TX. The water is going to be colder, but I don't care. It might not be as crystal clear or what have you, but I have to work with what I have. I need to be thankful for the gifts I have been given and make the best of things.

So, no I am not afraid to kayak. I haven't kayaked except on a placid lake but I do know how to read a river from my time doing tubing and canoeing. I was always in the front of the canoe and the ex was in the back. I know what spells trouble and what says "full steam ahead!" Nothing refreshes me in hot weather more than fresh water, found in rivers and lakes. But rivers seem so much more alive. Ya know?

There is a place in Collinsville CT that offers kayaking lessons and I'm going to take one on August 3. That will be my birthday gift to me. (Two days late but so much longer over-due.) It's a refresher for people who have river experience but not so much kayak experience. I'm so excited about it. After that, I will sign up for the next class that interests me, called "fast track to white water." There is another class that teaches you how to right yourself if you capsize, and that is definitely something I need to get good at. You don't do that in a canoe or tube.

I told the instructor today when I called that my funds were tapped out for July, so August is when I can play around with this. After a few lessons, I'll feel comfortable just going somewhere on my own and hitting the water. It's so fun looking at a map and seeing where the river intersects with the road, and deciding where you should launch and where to take out and then figuring out whether to park your vehicle at the beginning or at the end, and whether you'll be walking back or riding a bike, etc.

When we did it on the Guadalupe, we'd secure the canoe at the launch spot, then drive the truck to the take-out point. Then we'd walk or ride our bikes to the canoe, secure the bikes, hop into the canoe, ride the river, get to the truck, load the canoe and either go back for the bikes or if we had walked, simply head for home. Talk about a great way to get exercise!

My sister and her husband and my Mom and my niece and her partner and her partner's family were all down in NC for almost two weeks. They went square dancing, zip lining, white water rafting with a guide, they did everything you could think of. My sister who is older than me and has many more physical issues than I do walked a tight rope that was 20 feet over the ground and then 40 feet off the ground! I have pictures to prove it, too. They held onto ropes as they went and it was an agility course.

It just reminds me how I'm wasting a perfectly good life! Why don't I do the things I know that I love? What excuse do I have to not do them? Nothing that's valid, that's for sure. I'd much rather play in a rapid in the kayak than go to the gym and pump iron. It's all fitness. One is not better or worse than the other, but water sure makes summer more tolerable. And summer is kicking my @$$. I'm over it!

I'm excited, I have a plan, I have a goal, a vision and they are all achievable. I have no doubt I can get back into the swing of it. And the last thing you're thinking about when you're running a set of rapids is food.

It's 10:30. I went to work, I sweat my @$$ off, I trained a totally green volunteer who has intelligence and maturity and is going to college studying Geography, and will stop volunteering at the end of August when school resumes. At least that's what she says now. We'll get her hooked.

I'm off tomorrow and taking Cisco to get a very short hair cut at 11 am. So glad I didn't agree to 0900. That would have sucked. I need to go grocery shopping but that's where things get tricky. The choices I make there dictate how my week goes. Today I ate a cup of cottage cheese, took my vitamins, drank a diet iced tea, drank tons of water at work, came home and drank a couple light beers and then made myself a tuna sandwich. The day is done.

If you are still reading this, God bless you~ And have a wonderful night's sleep.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #388
Big Yapper!

PS: My pellets came today and they are not what they said they were. I'm calling them tomorrow and demanding a refund. I want Vox brand or nothing at all. The ones they sent me are identical to the bottle I bought about 4 or 5 months ago, which I can't stand. They have a different label on them but they are the exact same thing. JUST SAY NO! The hard thing is going to be finding the right stuff in a big hurry cause I'm nearly out of the real Vox pellets.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #389
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
sounds like a lot of fun Cheryl ! I can't wait to go tubing soon ......
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow Cheryl! Learning more and more about you! You sound so excited! I'm glad you're going to do something fun thats exercise too. I am happy to hear you're going to the classes. One can never be too educated, especially something that can be so dangerous if you don't know what to do when you tip over. That always scares me when I see that on tv.
We have a place not real far away to go white water rafting and tubing. Its too late for me to even attempt that, but sounds fun.
A guy came today to put in a new window. I'm happy now its done. Theres some water damage so thats being repaired tomorrow. Grrrrr! Always something!
Had a blow out at my dd this evening. She isn't responsible at all and I let her hear about it. I can't tolerate her nonchalant attitude any longer. Its time for her to grow up. When her younger brother is more mature there's a problem.
Speaking of ds, he was told about his cheating gf and he confronted her. Well, we all got deleted from her fb! LOL I'm sad he has to deal with this over there in a war, but he has 7 months with no alcohol to deal with this. Lord help her if I see her though. I'll have nothing nice to say.
Well, gotta go to sleep. Raining and window is open = a great nights sleep!