Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #301
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi girls
Busy with family, its hard to get online & visit too... ends up being rude.
But wanted to send you a hug!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #302
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Thanks, honey! We understand. You just have the best trip and times ever and we'll catch up soon as we can.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:14 AM   #303
Big Yapper!

Hello, ladies. It's another lovely day here. Got the windows open and the breeze is blowin'. Birdies are all enjoying the sunflower seeds I put out for them yesterday. When the landlady does come back to finish the work on her riding lawnmower, she's going to find it bombarded with poops. The feeder is just a few feet to the left, hanging from a tree.

Cisco's eye treatments are thinning down. I gave her the last dose of the Atropine this morning and now I just have to complete the dosing of the antibiotic ointment twice daily for four more days. I hope to God she is healed by then. Yesterday I noticed more tear drainage down her face from that eye and I haven't seen that since before going to the Vet. It makes me worried that this time it's not going to heal the problem and we'll need to do another round of something. Poor dog.

I'm having a lot of numbness in my right hand today. I don't have Carpal Tunnel cause I was tested for it, but I have some sort of pinched nerve that makes my hand numb when I grasp things. I'm not grasping anything right now and my hand is numb (tingly.) I recall having a lot of numbness in it as I tried to sleep this morning, too. That happens sometimes and I just shake it vigorously and it feels better after that. I need to find a Chiropractor that takes Medicare.

No beads moving into the gone-forever jar today but that's alright. I feel satisfied that I got through the day without falling back on old patterns of behavior. I ate more than I should have but I didn't spend a dime doing it.

Have a lovely day today. I think "Mr Fishy" is going to get some fresh water today. He's a good Betta and he deserves it.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #304
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Morning, Cheryl! It's a beautiful day here, too--lots of birds singing outside in my back yard. Alas, the dogs that belong to my new neighbors to the north are barking their heads off, but I just try to tune that out.

Just look at the gone-forever jar today and enjoy the beads you already have moved! It's important to recognize and appreciate what we've accomplished! Give yourself a pat on the back.
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #305
Big Yapper!

Good advice, Jessica. I love those "gone forever" beads. They are so pretty.

I went to the store at 8 pm tonight to see what I could snag for half price at the deli counter (the hot stuff.) There wasn't much tonight. A TON of fried chicken, and even just last week, I would have been all over that chicken like you know what. The only other stuff there was macaroni and cheese and something that looked like BBQ chicken meat.

I walked away and tried to remember what I had written on my list that I forgot at home. But soon I was thinking about that dang chicken again. HALF PRICE!! How can I just let them throw it away? I walked back toward the deli but by the time I got there, I had regained my rational mind and control. I know me all too well.

Before I started to try and regain control about a week ago, I'd just eat the skin off those pieces of chicken and put the meat (most of it; I'd eat some) in a bag and give it to Cisco as a treat. I still have lots of chicken in the refrigerator that I ate the skin off. (I'm talking KFC kind of fried chicken, with the crispy coating.) OMG!

I'm pleased with my second success story in as many days. New habits, exercising muscles in my head! Little victories add up to new ways of thinking and living. I'm so happy with the direction I'm heading in. Thank you, Lord.

It started feeling humid as the day wore on so I turned all the a/c's on and shut the windows up tight. I'm glad I did. I think the hotter more humid weather is coming a little sooner than predicted. I'll probably keep the a/c going for the next full week. If y'all watch the Weather Channel or anything that gives the forecast all over the country, take a gander at what's coming our way.

I'm sick at the video I'm seeing of the flooding in western Canada. People are losing EVERYTHING. And the fires in CO? OMG. I ask God for forgiveness for all my complaining about rain. I say that with the deepest sincerity.

Last edited by CherylB; 06-21-2013 at 06:24 PM..
Old 06-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #306
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey!
Good going on the chicken victory! Hope you found something good to eat.
I had a pretty good day. Went shopping for a bra, man was that hard! There's so many to choose from & my size changed & then I find one I like but can only get one color, as the rest were different kinds... oh my. Oh well, got one. Have no idea if this wt. I've lost will stay off. Its vacation loss, so I'm not counting on it.

Hope you don't suffer from that humidity!

DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #307
Big Yapper!

Hey, you! Good to see you tonight. Thanks for taking the time to pop in. I can't speak from experience but my sister says that Victoria's Secret has great, comfy, well-fitting bras. Check them out if you're really looking for something of quality. Me and bras have a hate-hate relationship. And that's all I'm going to say about that right now. (Not! I kept talking)

Sometimes I wish I didn't have breasts. I know that sounds absurd and there are women suffering from breast cancer and for me to say such a thing is so cavalier. But I truly do feel they are a waste of space. I think each one must weigh about 4 lbs and I'd love it to have neat little false breasts that just made me look like a normal woman without causing me so much trouble.

On that same note, I'd also like the apron on my belly lopped off as well. Same idea, different part of my exterior. All the same thing.

I'm just flying wild and loose on here lately. I think getting back in control in one area of your life makes you more reckless in others. It would appear! If that's the trade-off, I'll take it. Anything to get my fat cells to release their treasure. Give up the ghost! You're not the boss of me.

Night, ladies. Almost 11 here and I need to spare you any more of my musings. Sweet dreams.

Hey, wait a minute! I don't think I told you my aunt called today to suggest a picnic at her house a month from now. July 20th is a Saturday and as we spoke on the phone, I was eye-balling the calendar and that entire week is booked with either work or a 3-day free seminar at the farm. I have that one day off and that will be spent at my aunts. Will be a nice big family gathering and I will be happy that it isn't me doing the gathering.

Last edited by CherylB; 06-21-2013 at 08:04 PM..
Old 06-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #308
Big Yapper!

I took Cissy to the vet again today, but this time she only went along for the ride. I called the vet this morning to tell them her eye isn't healing and they gave me a new antibiotic solution to put in her eye twice daily for the next 7 days. But if in four days it's not looking a lot better, I need to make an appointment to bring her back in. Please pray that this medication does the trick! She's been in so much discomfort over this thing.

I'm glad it's not another ointment cause she hates having a gooey eye.

I bought four yellow Daylilies yesterday and just went and put them in the planter beside the house. They'll get sun a large part of the day, but then they will have to learn to love some shade. It's good to get them in the ground. Often I'll buy stuff like that and never plant them. Well, maybe not often but it's been known to happen.

One time I bought there very cute and colorful plants but couldn't decide where to plant them. Eventually they all died.

Have a super day. Stay cool!
Old 06-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #309
Big Yapper!

Cissy's eye already looks better without all that goo. I think we're on the right track now. Today was such a nice day. I sprayed off the backyard dining table and chairs. OMG they were dirty. All the pollen from Spring and everything that came afterward. I had cleaned them during Spring but nobody's used them since. I hope now they will stay pretty acceptable.

It was tempting to have a fire tonight. I'm going to have to just do it. Alone or with company, that fire pit needs to be used and enjoyed. My days off are done once more. Tomorrow I will be going into work a bit early. I remembered there is an open house there tomorrow to show the public our herd and what we do. Light refreshments and all, so I'd better go and help out. No idea how they're executing this and nobody asked me to help out.

Ttyt. Sleep tight. PS: I marinated and bbq'd my first beef this year. It was good but it wasn't the way I normally would have marinated it. Came out yummy but a bit tough. Need to shop for some new mesquite-flavored marinade.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #310
Blabbermouth!!!

WTG on the chicken victory! And great news about Cissy's eye, too!
Old 06-22-2013, 10:32 PM   #311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
GLAD YOUR DOGGY IS GETTING BETTER! I always worried when my dog would get sick. So I know you were worrying.
It was a scorcher here today! Wow! I've been staying in since getting burnt at the pool Thursday. Even my head is burnt where my part is! Hope this redness starts disappearing soon. My dd's shoulders got burnt, but thats it and Chloe just got more brown. I love her color! I guess after church my dd, the bf and chloe are going to the pool again. I want a pool here! UGH! Shawn called (saturday a.m.) and we talked almost 10 mins. He made a request for Pringles! LOL Whatever he wants! I'll get them out to him Monday morning, along with cigarettes and other snacks. I broke down and cried today after talking to him. I guess I'll never get use to him being over there. Not sure I want to either. I read the taliban says they'll release our POW for 5 of their top operatives we have in Guatanomo Bay. I think we should go to Pakistan and take him! We aren't suppose to trade like that. It leaves us wide open for more POW's taken just to be traded. Ya know? But I also know if it were MY son who was the POW, I'd yell TRADE!!!!
But it was nice to talk to my son.
Listen to this! My dd was taking Chloe and going to stay over at the bf's tonight. Well....Chloe started crying that she wanted her pappy and mamaw and kept saying "home" on the way there. So my dd called my dh and he was talking to chloe and she was saying the same things to him. So dd brought her back. She was asleep and my dd layed her in my bed. About 30 mins later she opens her eyes, looks at me, smiles and says "mamawww"! Then went right back to sleep.
Yesterday my dd and her bf took chloe to a pond to see ducks then to a playground. When it got dark she started saying she wanted me. I guess now when she sees it getting dark, she wants my dh and I. I told my dd she's going to start telling her when she wants to be home. She's just not going to go along with whatever my dd wants.
She's really changing!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #312
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today chloe's dad came to see her. She told him he's fat! LOL I thought I was gonna die! I didn't laugh. I wanted to, but didn't.
Well, off to watch Golden Girls til I go to sleep.
Good night.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #313
Big Yapper!

That's wonderful that Chloe loves you and your hubby so much. Is her father fat or was she just messing with him? Glad you got to talk with Shawn, too. Sorry about the sun burn! Those are awful.

We are in that same awful heat bubble. I fed the horses early today and got out of there just past 5. I couldn't take it anymore. Feel sapped of all energy. So glad to be back home and resting. Ttyl.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #314
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad you got away from the farm early. Its so hot now. I took chloe out to eat at Bob Evans then went to Walmart for a toy. I thought I was gonna faint everytime I went out in the heat. I hate summer! As much as winter!
Again, chloe didn't want to go with her mom. She went swimming at a friends house and chloe said she was staying with me.
Her dad said he was fat and chloe said "yep"! LOL Hes a big guy....tall and just built big. It was funny though. But hes weird and if I would've laughed he'd have gotten twisted. Ya know?
So my dd does yoga and chloe tries to do it with her. Well, my dd posts pics on Instagram's yoga site and the owner of fit_babies on Instagram posted a pic of Chloe and my dd doing yoga together as a featured picture. She is so excited. We ask chloe to do baby yoga and she'll either do a split and put her head on the floor or she bends over, puts her head on the floor and lifts up her hands! LOL Its cute! I'll have to have my dd send me pics and I'll put them in my gallery.
Well, tired and getting cramps. Tomorrow is gonna be a terrible day! Not looking forward to it!
ttys!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #315
Big Yapper!

I find that a little concerning how Chloe doesn't want to be with her Mom. It's great that she loves you so much but she should have a bond with her mother and it appears to be all with you. Don't you think that's a little sad? I'd love to see the yoga pics someday.

I'm so not looking forward to work today. I know another barn staff girl is going to be there to help me because the semester for Spring has ended. I just found that out yesterday. Heard it through the grapevine. They have a couple days of make-up lessons this week but that's toward the end of the week.

The down-side to that is if I don't have a volunteer to help with barn stuff, I'm on my own in this heat. I really don't enjoy summer. I think winter is better in some ways. I love the greenery in summer and not having ice and snow to deal with on the car and walkways but as far as the temperatures go, I prefer to be cold and not sweating.

I never used to sweat much when I was younger. Now I sweat like mad! Not my underarms so much, but from every pore in my body. I feel the sweat trickle down my lower back under my shirt, my forehead, and everywhere else you can imagine. I'm frequently mopping my skin to try and dry off but the clothes stay wet.

The manager keeps telling me to wear shorts but I hate how my legs look. And they are white as snow right now. I guess I'm going to have to get over the discomfort of being seen by others but truthfully, I don't even wear shorts around the house. Weird, huh! What I really prefer are capris or leggings that come to just past the knee. I'm fine with my calves but from the knees up, not so much. I think I'll wear one of my leggings today. That's as short as I'm going to go.

Most likely, the horses will be coming in as soon as I get there, if they aren't already in. It is far too hot and they have no shade. Only one paddock abuts a few trees so they might get late afternoon shade along that sliver of land. I wish we had some trees out there. How pretty that would look, too.

On the weight loss front, I got the beads going in the right direction again. Need to change my weight on the left in my details. 209.4 today. Happy to be in the single digits for the second day in a row. Waited until today to report it cause I didn't know if it would stick.

Have a cool, safe and lovely day, ladies. BBL.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #316
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think Chloe likes to be home, at night especially. She went with her mom Friday night, but I guess when it got dark she was wanting to come home. But she was ok and didn't cry. Kids go through phases and I think this is one of Chloe's.
Not feeling too great today (ttom again!). Dh is staying home til 6 to help with Chloe then he's going to work til 12:30. I have to take 3 Midol and 800 mgs of Ibuprofen every 5 hrs to keep the cramping to a minimum. Almost time to pop some more.
I can't wait til Saturday! Temps are going to be lower! I don't care if it rains, I want cooler temps. I want to do some painting and I have to have doors and windows opened.
Hope you have a good farm day.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #317
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, I'm exactly the same as you. I do not even own a single pair of shorts, not even to hang around the house or sleep in. I'll wear a knee length sundress or skirt, but not knee-length shorts. I think they're unflattering and I have never liked them!

Like you, I like capri pants, cropped pants, peddle pushers, whatever you want to call them. They're only a few inches longer than long shorts, but man, that few inches makes all the difference. I think if you find some lightweight (maybe that parachute fabric that is tough but lightweight) crops, you'll be just as comfortable and cool as you would be with shorts. Then again you might like those knee length shorts that are in style right now. (I don't, but hey, that's just me and my anti-shorts attitude!)

Congrats on the bead movement and the "stickage," haha.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 06-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #318
Big Yapper!

What are you painting? That doesn't sound like something that will be good for your back. I give you an A for effort, my friend. I know you can't just stop living so I think it's great that you keep on plugging. Hope you're right about this being a phase for Chloe and that she just likes being at home come nightfall.

I'm only here on my journal out of a sense of obligation. I had a really hard day. So hot, so humid and then the storms rolled in. Thunder and big dark clouds and then rain showers that weren't anything more than showers, but I was already saturated with sweat. I had a kitchen towel I brought with me and kept drenching it in cold water, wringing it out and wrapping it around my neck. I'd use it to cool my face and arms down, too. It worked great and I will do that all through the summer. But the water "wicked" from the towel to my shirt and before long, I had wet titties. They would have been wet from the sweating anyway but it was really obvious looking at my shirt.

I was alone today. And it was all my fault. The manager got the other girl to come and help me but when I got there and took a look around, read the message that was left for me on the manager's desk etc, I decided I could do it all myself. Days off are so rare around there and I wanted to be able to do it myself. The other girls often work a shift without help so I just felt it was time to "man up." What an idiot!

I suffered from heat stroke even with my preventative measures. Thankfully the girl who I was supposed to be working with today texted me and said she was coming to the farm at 6 so she could let her dog run around and play. She asked if I needed help and I said "YES." She saved my bacon and just knowing I had help made me feel physically better.

Most everything had been done but she mucked out the two worst stalls (the horses had been in since 12:30 noon and even though they had run-ins, they did all their business in the stalls), she mucked two of the barn stalls (I'd mucked those earlier but it was wonderful to not have to do it again) and then she swept out the whole barn. I will NOT be turning good help away in the future, just to be proud or whatever it was I was being.

I'm so glad I am home. After the rain, it dropped almost 20 degrees. It felt so good with the wind! Like a breath of Fall. CT is just about killing me, working outdoors. I am so discouraged by the weather and my inability to cope. I am wondering if this is all more than I can handle.

You know how the Soprano's guy died? Suddenly and catastrophically? Well, that's how I feel sometimes when I'm working there. That's why I had all those cardiac and respiratory tests done which told me I was fine. NO ONE sweats like I do. There has to be a more feasible reason than just being over 200 lbs. I better hurry up and buy some life insurance cause it takes a year to be worth anything, with clauses and stuff. No, I'm not really kidding.

I stopped at the store around 7:20 pm to see what they had at the Deli that would be half price at 8. I went home, deciding it was worth keeping my wet and nasty clothes and shoes on long enough to drive back there and buy the stuff up. There was stuff that looked like stuffed grape leaves, two sandwiches and a bunch of chicken wings. Lot's of fried chicken but I already know that's in my past.

I went back right before 8 and the stuff was gone! The guy told me that it all sold for full price. I said, "In the last 30 minutes?" He said yes. There was a bag in the warmer with containers of food in it. I said, "What's in there?" The guy said, "That's mine." So HE packed up all that stuff for himself. I was pissed. I went home empty handed and ate leftovers.

I ended up making a steak sandwich with the steak I grilled the other day and some nice grinder rolls. With how hard I work, eating real food can't really be out of the realm of possibility. Lord knows the weight doesn't fall off no matter how little I eat so the heck with it. Slow and steady wins the race. I have to live.

So, that's my story. I lived to fight another day. Sweet dreams, ladies. (Spell checker isn't working at the moment so here it is, flaws and all.

Last edited by CherylB; 06-24-2013 at 07:33 PM..
Old 06-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #319
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Cheryl, I'm exactly the same as you. I do not even own a single pair of shorts, not even to hang around the house or sleep in. I'll wear a knee length sundress or skirt, but not knee-length shorts. I think they're unflattering and I have never liked them!

Like you, I like capri pants, cropped pants, peddle pushers, whatever you want to call them. They're only a few inches longer than long shorts, but man, that few inches makes all the difference. I think if you find some lightweight (maybe that parachute fabric that is tough but lightweight) crops, you'll be just as comfortable and cool as you would be with shorts. Then again you might like those knee length shorts that are in style right now. (I don't, but hey, that's just me and my anti-shorts attitude!)

Congrats on the bead movement and the "stickage," haha.
We are so in synch. I hate "shorts" that are long. Thanks for stopping by tonight. Just posted my stuff and will proof read then hit the hay.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #320
Big Yapper!

Another day like yesterday but I should have a good helper to get me through it. Love that young lady. Will wear my kitchen towel and keep it wet and cool with frequent plunging into my own bucket like yesterday. Whatever it takes to make it through the day! I am not afraid of how I look. I think it's a smart thing to do in order to cope with the dog days of summer.

Cissy's back on the Atropine ointment and we are continuing the antibiotic drops. I think this isn't helping her, either. They said in some cases, surgery is necessary. I don't want her to lose the vision in that eye so we'll do what we can do.

I moved another bead today! (Current weight at left.) I felt my belly feeling smaller as I laid in bed. I also feel like I've been doing sit-ups. My abs feel like they've been used. I guess lugging water hoses across long distances will do that for a person. And then you get the ab work of pulling those hoses back in and winding them up by hand. I'll need to do that today. Not to just top off the paddock waters but to dump, scrub and refill. Need to do that at least every other day.

Maybe there will be enough people around that we can hose down the horses. They'd enjoy that. It will depend a lot on the t-storm factor. Today is a make-up day for lessons so if the weather holds out, there will be program today. That means lots of people around and more potential help.

If anyone asks me if there is anything they can do to help me, I'm going to stop and think before I say, "No, I got it!" I'm going to put them to use!

Last edited by CherylB; 06-25-2013 at 08:59 AM..
Old 06-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #321
Blabbermouth!!!

Good girl--get some help! You don't have to be superwoman! And it makes the other people feel useful and needed, too.

Congrats on the bead, and on staying in single digit land. You're edging ever closer to ONE-derland!
Old 06-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #322
Big Yapper!

Yes, ma'am! Thanks for watching me cross that line yet again and still cheering me on!! What a mighty good friend.

Had help today. Big storm hit after all horses turned in and fed. It was perfect timing, actually. And I was in the barn when the sky opened up and the wind started blowing so I just hunkered down and hoped the duplex horses weren't getting drenched through their open windows. I could have ran up there to close them but I knew in my heart once I did that, the rain would stop. It pretty much happened that way except I stayed dry.

Before the storm really hit, I was going into Lola's stall to muck it out and there was a loud "Boom!" She startled and so did I cause I was standing in her doorway and I didn't know if she was going to try and get out of the stall and head into the run-in. My heart went into my throat. ADRENALINE! Thank God she just startled in place. Boy her eyes got big in her head!

Rain let up after a short time and I headed up to the duplexes to do my last pass through of mucking. Worked out well but I left my cup of coffee somewhere up there and I had no desire to go looking for it. I told the manager it was up there somewhere, but there was little left in the cup.

Came home, stripped and showered. Ran back to the store at 8 o'clock to see what was half off and I got some chicken wings, two hot dogs ( Dog ate one; we went bite for bite), and bought a four-piece fried chicken. I went back and forth in my head whether to go for it since there was so little left to choose. I waited a long time to be served so I had decided for and against it about four times. I left the fried potato wedges there, though. And a lot of the hot dogs. (Thank God. They were odd little wieners.)

Now I'm heading to bed after eating one hot dog and one piece of chicken. Well, I ate the skin and coating, Cisco ate the meat. Together, we are going to get to the one hundreds again (well, me. Not her.)

I hope if I wake up at 0900 with the alarm to take my pills tomorrow, that I remember I need to call the Vet and take her in there before work. It can't wait any longer. The meds aren't helping and I feel so terrible that she's in such discomfort. She's such a good dog. Anything for her, man. Anything.

Good night, ladies. Catch up with you again when I can.

Last edited by CherylB; 06-25-2013 at 08:07 PM..
Old 06-26-2013, 08:39 AM   #323
Big Yapper!

Another bead in the gone jar! This feels good. I love when I start to feel the weight coming off. I notice it most when I'm lying in bed. Unfortunately, feel no difference in my clothing yet. It will come, though.

It's my Friday so I'm happy. Will be another day like the last two. Exact weather conditions. Thankfully, these days are the exception in CT and not the rule. I was so hoping we'd have a mild Summer this year cause last Summer was a scorcher. Oh, well.

Have a great day, ladies. Check back later.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #324
Blabbermouth!!!

Whooo--look at you girl! Don't despair--the clothing thing will come.

From my own journey, my experience has been that in the 200+ zone, it takes 15-20 pounds to lose a size. But the good news is that the losses come fast in the 200+ zone! And you're halfway to a lost size.

Meanwhile, in Yorba Linda: Hallie wants to do lunch today,so I'm in for another challenge thinking something to eat. But it just occurred to me--I don't HAVE to eat anything at all. I could just have coffee and enjoy her company and then go home and eat some fat later. She won't mind--she's used to my crazy diets. She's the one source of absolutely unconditional support in my life. I could tell her I have to eat my meals standing on my head and she wouldn't bat an eye.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #325
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Keep those beads dropping into the jar! You're doing great!
We had bad storms yesterday evening and allll night! Poor Chloe tossed and turned all night. How do I know??? I couldn't sleep for all the darn noise! I caught up on my sleep this morning though once the storms calmed down. Noone slept good in this house. The poor people who still have no power and trees coming down on their homes have to deal with more storms coming.
Hope the rain holds off for you while you're at the farm.
Check in later.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #326
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl,

So happy for you with all the beads you're adding to your jar. That's super! The loose clothes will happen...

Our trip is going well. Going from my sister's to another friend's home tomorrow, just for one night.

Ate out twice today. Actually learning how to eat out... less worries about the cost, just go for what works.

Got to weigh this morning, have broke a new low. I thought I was "up" from all the salt, but was down.

I can sure sympathize with you for the hot summer. Not fun! Its kind of humid here today.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #327
Blabbermouth!!!

Waving hi!

Glad to hear you had a dry day, for a change!
Old 06-27-2013, 05:04 AM   #328
Big Yapper!

Tammy, you got hit with more storm cells than we did. That must have been a very uneasy night for all of you. So glad you didn't lose power or anything. And glad you got in a nap when things calmed down! We need our beauty sleep.

Jessica, thanks for the words of wisdom on the sizes dropped at my weight range. I look forward to looser fitting clothes, as well as shoes! The boots I wore yesterday are tight but even tighter on the right foot. Not sure if it's the foot or the boot. I was tempted to remove my socks to give me more space but was afraid I'd end up with more blisters. UGH.

That's so great you have such a wonderful relationship with your daughter. I was on your journal right before I came over here and I saw what you had to eat while out. You picked out those nasty eggs. That's harder to do than picking out nasty olives (which I do.)

Debby, I'm amazed at how stable your weight is. I know you are watchful of what you eat and drink but it's inspiring to see you rock the maintenance of your losses. WTG, woman! Have a lovely day on your journey to see the next group of friends and/or family.

Sorry I let your posts pile up without a response. Guess I got lazy. I woke before 7 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep so can't get an accurate weight this morning. My eyes are burning a little so I know I'll be taking a little nap later on to catch up on what I lost. Not sure why I woke up but did notice there was some traffic this morning that seemed louder than usual, and some sirens fired up while I was already awake. Living across from a fire station can be a pain sometimes but it's surprising what you get used to over time.

The street I lived on before this was so quiet, we probably only had about 10 cars go on it all day long. When I came here I was really concerned about the street noise. The land is large but the house is pretty close to the road. Turns out that's a good thing, or it would be under water every time the pond overflows its banks. I'll take the street noise.

Will focus my energies on getting the kitchen whipped back into shape. I haven't done a thing in there and it shows. Tired of it and it has to stop. Will push myself to make it presentable again.

I hope you all have a lovely day and that we have safe and pleasant weather.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #329
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wanna talk about street noise! I live on an extremely busy road in town. AND theres a train that comes through twice a day (most days) except sunday! We have police sirens, ambulances, fire trucks.... You name it! Then the usual loud motorcycles, trucks and cars! Our house sits up away from the road, but still close. Our last place was on a quieter street and liked it better. Bet next time we move we'll be on a quiet street! I can't open windows when Chloe is sleeping or if theres alot of traffic we have to blast the tv. Its a pain.
I have to send off Shawn's stuff today. Its been sitting here for a week! Yikes! I need to go to the store too. Hope my dd will take me. I know she wants to go to bf's house for dinner. She's cooking some zucchini stuff for them. I hate zucchini! Yuck!
Well, get some rest today. I know all about waking up early and not going back to sleep!
BBL!
Old 06-27-2013, 11:29 AM   #330
Big Yapper!

Are you not able to drive? I wasn't aware of that. So Shawn's still waiting for his Pringles? Poor guy. I'm sorry you live in a busy place, too. It really used to bother me but now I really only notice the really loud or really fast ones. Sometimes it sounds like people are doing 60 past my house. I think it's a 35 mph zone. Motorcycles are the worst. They turn the corner from the main road and let it rip.

There's also a Chevy dealership on that corner and so we get one of those car-carrier trucks going by. They have a sound all their own. Luckily that is only once in a while. I always said I didn't want to rent something on a busy street and I didn't even consider others that were on main roads but this place spoke to me. It felt like home as soon as I saw it.

I was able to take a nap after I drank two cups of coffee. I feel better now and I'm drinking what's left of my grape soda. I don't like soda but this grape is good. I opened it a week ago and am finishing it now. Only a 1 liter bottle. I may be weird but soda makes me thirsty rather than quenches my thirst.

Time to put some food in my stomach. Nice to be off today. Haven't started cleaning up yet so that will take a bigger push. Someone please push me! I just expend so much energy at the farm for so much of the week that all I want to do is veg when I'm at home.

I'm picking up Saturday as an extra shift cause they needed me in the afternoon, then I'll do my regular 4-day run, and normally I try and help during orientations. Come to find out, there's another one tomorrow! I told the manager I was NOT going to be able to make it to that and she said not to worry about it.

I never expected this little part time barn job would take so much out of me. If it was a facility that wasn't non-profit and operating primarily through volunteers, it would not be such a "mission." Boo hoo. Woe is me. I got exactly what I was praying for and now I can't take it.

I reweighed after my nap and I STS today. So happy with things as they are moving along. Slow but sure. That's all that matters to me. Speed is often met with the backlash of a speedy regain when you stop trying so hard (or fall off the wagon.)

Okay. BBL.