Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   Cici's Six Week Experiment (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/802273-cicis-six-week-experiment.html)

cici52 04-16-2013 03:51 PM

Cici's Six Week Experiment

Six weeks.
Eat To Live.
Exercize 1/2 hour.
Start 4/17.

cici52 04-17-2013 05:47 AM

Have been doing the Perfect Health Diet since January and feel good but have not been able to switch to weight loss mode. I realized a couple days ago that part of my problem with weight loss and binging is the salt/fat combo. I need an intervention. Have already begun migrating some things like butter and cream to the freezer. It seems the primary difference between Fuhrman & Jaminet is the paleo phylosophy. Meat/dairy on PHD vs legumes on ETL. More fruit/less starch during the initial phase. I feel a little like I am jumping off the high dive but it is a good time to take the plunge. Expect a little bit of white knuckling at first. Going to 3 voluminous vegetarian meals instead of 4-5 smaller meat/potatoes etc meals seems difficult but I think I need to do something extreme to get out of the current rut.

I have become ridiculously weak over the winter, having holed up like a bear. Starting walking two days ago and am committed to 1/2 hour/day.

Sun is shining. Breakfast is calling. No time like the present for change.

cici52 04-17-2013 04:43 PM

B Smoothy
L Salad
D Soup, Apple

1/2 hr walk.

cici52 04-18-2013 12:00 PM

B Smoothy
L Salad, cantalope
D Stuffed mushrooms, veggi tray
1/2 hr walk.

cici52 04-19-2013 01:23 PM

B - Soup
L - Fruit and nuts
S - Steamed Broccoli, 1tsp ketchup
D - Spinach/Potato, 1tsp CO
Bad weather. No walk.

ouizoid 04-19-2013 01:24 PM

Good menus!!

cici52 04-20-2013 09:21 AM

So far things have been going good. As I don't have the same attraction to cold food, there is no temptation to overeat and my thinking about food is changing to what I must eat instead of what I want to eat. The top 4 pounds of my bouncing came off right away and am holding steady there. I probably should change my stats to reflect the initial gain when I quit smoking but I am really just hoping to make my current weight true again soon, on the way down to new numbers.

Today, I am experiencing a lot of what I'll call digestive awareness. It feels like hunger but there has been adequate food going in and I am just kind of taking note of it and the fact that the feelings change rapidly. There may be some blood sugar changes happening in the morning that cause this as I have switched from eggs to the green smoothy which contains two fruit servings in addition to the greens/oyster/small amount of sprouted tofu. Yesterday I had soup for breakfast and do not remember the same feelings. My calories have ranged from 800 to 1200 but are usually closer to 1000. That range is just about half of what I was eating on any other plan except JUDDD DDs. I am weaning off coffee, drinking 1/2caf in the a.m. and decaf thereafter. This is a typical Spring thing as I only drink coffee when it is cold. I will be taking a walk in a few minutes while the weather permits. Meals for the day.

B - Smoothy
Midmorning - 4 Brazilnuts
Lunch - Soup
Dinner - plan to have salad and potato
If needed - evening fruit
1/2 hour walk

cici52 04-20-2013 05:40 PM

Today just kept getting worse. Maybe a stomach bug. Amend dinner to rice w/CO. Took some pepto.

cici52 04-22-2013 06:12 AM

Was away from home all day so made yesterday a free day. It turned out to be PHD. Stomach was better so will resume ETL today. Not hungry yet. That is unusual.

cici52 04-22-2013 06:13 PM

B salad
L potato, apple
D soup, salad, stirfry veg, 1T CO.
1/2 hr walk

cici52 04-23-2013 02:21 PM

B - eggwhite/spinach omlette
L - broccoli slaw/chili
D - potato w/BB,avocado,nutritional yeast (yum), steamed fresh broccoli
S - fresh carrots if needed later.

1/2 hr walk.

cici52 04-24-2013 01:34 PM

B - same as yesterday
L - same as yesterday
D - lamb/potato

Have decided the vegetarian version is too restrictive for me. Adjusting to add meat/eggs. Trying to maintain the idea of concentrated nutrition and vegetables. Indoor exercise today.

cici52 04-26-2013 02:52 PM

This has been difficult and have had lots of tummy troubles which may or may not be related. I am backing up to a place without pain and trying to find the problem.

Today I had grapefruit, taters w/BB and a little homemade kraut and coffee. No problems. Would like another piece of fruit this evening.