Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 06:54 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Babydoll
WOE: LC
Start Date: April 2, 2013
Finding the inner me...

I know, somewhere, buried beneath all this excess baggage is the trim, healthy girl I used to be....I'm going to let her out again!

I've never been one for dieting....I truthfully have never been on a 'diet'

I've always been a small, and healthy eater, so I never felt the need to diet. Now, however, it's different....in the past few years, depression, PTSD, and marital struggles along with family issues have led to a significant weight gain....I used to run, but an injury has prevented even that for the past 9 months or so....

I felt stuck, desperate, and horrible.....my aunt and my cousin have done low carb for years, with great results...it's a lifestyle for them...and an inspiration for me.

I began low carb on the 2nd of April, but I just began cutting out carbs. I wasn't very well-versed on Atkins, or induction rules. The first day, I made fish, salad and Romano beans for dinner, not knowing that beans had carbs...(I was not used to reading labels)

I didn't even take measurements or weigh myself...I just wasn't very well organized....haha

That first weekend, I had drinks at a house party...(vodka, with coke zero, so I thought I'd be ok)

I picked up some Ketostix the next day, and discovered I was not in ketosis, even after five days...so I thought "okay...time to get serious!"

I weighed myself, and I was 202.8 lbs...I'm 5'9" so I can get away with a heavier weight, but that was ridiculous to me....

Since then, I've weighed myself daily, and I've been in varying degrees of ketosis each day, and I've lost pretty steadily....I am down 12.6 lbs in about 13 days! (9, if you consider my setback last weekend) so I'm feeling very pumped!

I still have not taken measurements, but I will. I have noticed a dramatic decrease in the tightness of my jeans though....yay!

I'm still in induction, and I'll likely stay in until I am close to my goal weight (I still have 50 lbs to go...)

I look forward to the support and interactions I see happening here...I'm so glad I decided to join!

Happy Monday to everyone!
Babydoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
You are doing GREAT! We are just about the same height. I am probably much older than you are I am 42 and my goal is to get to 164 pounds.

You can do this girl. Keep up the hard work.

Last edited by zipp2play; 04-15-2013 at 08:15 AM..
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:41 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
You are doing GREAT! We are just about the same height. I am probably much older than you are I am 42 and my goal is to get to 164 pounds.

You can do this girl. Keep up the hard work.
Thanks! Are you new here too? (btw, I'm turning 44 in June, so I'm on the same train as you are...haha)

Thanks for your comment....I feel very good about this..I hope you do too!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babydoll View Post
Thanks! Are you new here too? (btw, I'm turning 44 in June, so I'm on the same train as you are...haha)

Thanks for your comment....I feel very good about this..I hope you do too!
And I just noticed, you've been here since 2011....sorry...now I know to look before I type...haha
Old 04-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Ok...I've been so distraught for the past couple of days....I'm consistently in ketosis...eating mainly meat, eggs, cheese, and very few carbs from salad, veggies or otherwise....by my count, I'm sitting around 10-12g of carbs....but I've gained 8 lbs back!! I am premenstrual at the moment, so I'm seriously hoping that is my culprit.....(I was down 13 lbs at the beginning of the week!!!)

I am feeling so bad about this...I was embarrassed to even post this here....I've cried a couple of times, even....ugh!!

Anyone else experience this kind of setback in the first few weeks? Or am I just being overly sensitive and emotional??

Old 04-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Ok...today, I weighed in at 196....so I'm only up 6 pounds from a few days ago.....ugh...it's still depressing though....and frustrating.
I'm in ketosis consistently, everyday.....I have only eaten meat and eggs for a few days now, with my coffee/cream of course....i can't give that up.....I'm cutting out the salads and veggies now too....at least for a while.

I had my first bulletproof coffee yesterday....I thought I wouldn't like it, but it was alright.
Then I wasn't hungry until about 11:30 am, when I had 1 HB egg with mayo, and about 4 slices of bacon.

Around 3:30, I had two HB eggs with mayo, and a little chunk of ham.

I made turkey sausages and fried asparagus for dinner. My husband loved the asparagus, but I just ate one sausage, staying away from the greens.

I felt I was doing really well, until later that night, when we were watching a movie...my husband and daughter pulled out the popcorn and ice cream! They sat beside me munching away, and I just ate pork rinds.....about 75g of it!!! Ugh....oh well, I suppose that's better than eating the popcorn and ice cream!

Lets hope this helps! Everyone have a great weekend....
Old 04-21-2013, 08:15 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Good morning...

So today I weigh in at 194.2....I guess at least some of that weight gain was indeed due to TOM....phew....

I'll see how it goes for the next couple of days....

On the bright side, I'm not finding it hard to stay on plan....I don't really crave any carbs, so that a Plus!

My day yesterday consisted of meat, eggs and a little cheese. I am making bulletproof coffee a regular thing too, having one every morning....I have a couple of regular coffees with HWC first though, and then I add the VCO to my last cup....I think it's helping with my hunger and cravings....I'd recommend it to anyone who is dealing with those!

Well, I hope you're all having a great weekend!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babydoll View Post
Good morning...

So today I weigh in at 194.2....I guess at least some of that weight gain was indeed due to TOM....phew....

I'll see how it goes for the next couple of days....

On the bright side, I'm not finding it hard to stay on plan....I don't really crave any carbs, so that a Plus!

My day yesterday consisted of meat, eggs and a little cheese. I am making bulletproof coffee a regular thing too, having one every morning....I have a couple of regular coffees with HWC first though, and then I add the VCO to my last cup....I think it's helping with my hunger and cravings....I'd recommend it to anyone who is dealing with those!

Well, I hope you're all having a great weekend!
So...all in all, not a bad day for LCing.....

I had a late breakfast: 2 eggs, 4 slices bacon, 1 slice ham, 2 cups coffee w/cream, and a bulletproof coffee.

While making dinner i snacked on 2 cold turkey sausages, a couple of pieces cheddar cheese...and a few pork rinds.

Dinner: 1 chicken breast with mayo and Parmesan cheese.

Lets see how the scale treats me in the morning!
Good night
Old 04-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

I'm about to give up. I'm 195.4 this morning.

Had bulletproof coffee again, and two eggs with a pc of ham for breakfast.

For lunch, tuna with mayo, wrapped in romaine lettuce, and some baby kale/baby spinach thrown in.

Had a couple of meltdowns, crying and wanting to scream too....my Ketostix are not showing ketosis again. I'm so very frustrated and angst ridden.

Why am I doing this, if it's not working??