Old 04-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Emmaline78
Stats: 226/185.8/154
WOE: Low Carbs
Start Date: April 2013
Emmaline's Way to GO!!

Saturday 13th April 2013

I have been low carbing for approximately 2 weeks now and am delighted that 1lb has gone so far. Doesn'tseem much no doubt to some but as I have had nearly two years of being completely stuck I am more than satisfied!
My food today has been:

Breakfast - 3 Corn Cakes with butter and 2oz Ham
Lunch - 6oz Chicken 2oz Peas 2oz Carrot 1oz Mashed Potato
Evening - 2 Crackerbread 2oz Cheese 20g Pickle
Semi-skim Milk 180ml (for teas)
Schweppes lemonade 150ml
Twinings Cardamon & Ginger Tea
Emmaline78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Sunday 14th April 2013

Woke very late again today even tho' I had quite a good night too!
Lazyish day.. just did tidying and washing.. so back and forth for that.

Breakfast - NIL
Lunch - Cheese 35g on toast 1 slice
Snack - Chocolate Caramel Wafer ..
Evening meal - Salmon poached 125g Runner Beans 100g Carrot 55g Kraft Thousand Island Dressing 20ml
Supper - Salad + Eggs hard boiled 2 + Salad cream 15ml
Extra - Milk 180ml (for teas)

Calories 1102 Carbs 81 Fat 57 Protein 57 Sugars 57 Fibre 10
Old 04-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmaline78 View Post
Sunday 14th April 2013

Woke very late again today even tho' I had quite a good night too!
Lazyish day.. just did tidying and washing.. so back and forth for that.

Breakfast - NIL
Lunch - Cheese 35g on toast 1 slice
Snack - Chocolate Caramel Wafer ..
Evening meal - Salmon poached 125g Runner Beans 100g Carrot 55g Kraft Thousand Island Dressing 20ml
Supper - Tangerine Greek and yogurt 75g
Extra - Milk 180ml (for teas)

Calories 998 Carbs 74 Fat 52 Protein 48 Sugars 53 Fibre 8
My menu has been changed and am just updating it.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

16th April 2013 Tuesday

Feeling much better today and didn't wake up til about 11am. Decided to wait till lunch as I wasn't particularly hungry.
Went to have my massage which has proved to be a massive help and also the ear candling too.
Evening meal I thought I would make sure to have plenty of protein and planned 6oz of chicken but could only eat 4oz.

Breakfast - NIL
Lunch - Bread 1slice + Eggs scarmbled 2
Snack - Brazil Nuts 75g
Dinner - Chicken 100g + Stuffing 65g + Salad + S.Cream 30g
Supper - Tangerine
Extra - Milk 180ml

Calories 1336 (inc 135 exercise) Carbs 43 Fat 89 Protein 67 Sugars 22 Fibre 7
Old 04-17-2013, 04:37 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
16th April 2013 Tuesday

Feeling much better today and didn't wake up til about 11am. Decided to wait till lunch as I wasn't particularly hungry.
Went to have my massage which has proved to be a massive help and also the ear candling too.
Evening meal I thought I would make sure to have plenty of protein and planned 6oz of chicken but could only eat 4oz.

Breakfast - NIL
Lunch - Bread 1slice + Eggs scarmbled 2
Snack - Brazil Nuts 75g
Dinner - Chicken 100g + Stuffing 65g + Salad + S.Cream 30g
Supper - Banana + Yogurt 100g + Jelly sugar free
Extra - Milk 180ml

Calories 1508 (inc 135 exercise) Carbs 76 Fat 97 Protein 73 Sugars 41 Fibre 10
Updating menu as supper was altered.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:19 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Feeling really ill yesterday and am wondering whether low carb is the way to go for me. I think I may stick it for another few days and see how it goes. ..
Old 04-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Saturday 20th April 2013

Had an early start to the day and did lots of odd jobs.
Became really hungry in the afternoon and went berserk...
Not going to calculate my intake and I wouldn't be at all surprised if I have put on a couple of pounds come Monday WI!

Old 04-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Quote:
Updating menu as supper was altered.
Emmaline, other than the dressing w/your chicken, I think your stats are terrific. Maybe, you can substitute broccoli, or green beans, etc in place of it. I totally understand about not feeling like eating. I'm 66 and very sedentary and I just am not hungary. 1500 calories should be the least you eat a day. Try to keep carbs under 30 or so total not net. So proud of you. How long have you been doing this? I'm new fairly, just 3 mo. but I feel that my life is better being on this site. I don't have friends locally that are interested in low carb. And of course, my family doesn't. Ha I live with my daughter and her husband and son. Totally not interested in my stuff. Keep carbing and writing.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:03 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Saturday 20th April 2013

Had an early start to the day and did lots of odd jobs.
Became really hungry in the afternoon and went berserk...
Not going to calculate my intake and I wouldn't be at all surprised if I have put on a couple of pounds come Monday WI!

Oh yes, this has happened to me.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy in Louisiana View Post
Emmaline, other than the dressing w/your chicken, I think your stats are terrific. Maybe, you can substitute broccoli, or green beans, etc in place of it. I totally understand about not feeling like eating. I'm 66 and very sedentary and I just am not hungary. 1500 calories should be the least you eat a day. Try to keep carbs under 30 or so total not net. So proud of you. How long have you been doing this? I'm new fairly, just 3 mo. but I feel that my life is better being on this site. I don't have friends locally that are interested in low carb. And of course, my family doesn't. Ha I live with my daughter and her husband and son. Totally not interested in my stuff. Keep carbing and writing.
Thanks Lindy. Glad you think my stats are good that's very encouraging..

Quote:
Oh yes, this has happened to me.
Very annoying tho' isn't it?! ..
"We" never seem to learn do we?
Old 04-26-2013, 08:19 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

I am very happy that this week despite having put on 3lbs for my indulgences have now lost those plus a wee bit more..Now at 194.6lbs..
Old 04-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Friday 26th April 2013

Such a lovely day..Trees along the roadway are now in bloom and the park opposite looks beautiful. One of those days that it's great to be alive!!

Bought a bag of very reduced price bananas which turned out to be rather softer than I expected so just had to make a banana cake rather than waste them. Recipe I adjusted and used less than half the amount of sugar and it is plenty sweet enough.

Menus today:
Breakfast - Oats 35g + Honey 1Tblspn (made with water)
Lunch - Bacon 75g + Eggs poached 2
Snack - Banana Cake slice
Dinner - Salmon (tinned) 75g + Salad + S.Cream 20g
Supper - Brazil Nuts 35g
Extra - Milk 150ml

Cals 1143 Carbs 84 Fat 63 Protein 58 Sugars 44 Fibre 8
Old 04-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am very happy that this week despite having put on 3lbs for my indulgences have now lost those plus a wee bit more..Now at 194.6lbs..
Isn't it great when it all comes together. I'm still plugging along. My metabalism is totally dead. I don't seem to lose much weight at all. Kept trying different things, low carb, very low carb, etc and I finally came to the realization that I will not lose much. I have lost 2 dress sizes so I look much better. So I'm just pumped about that. I am on this for the lifestyle and to get healthier and LIVE longer. And it is true. I am much more agile and have better stamina. And that is what this forum is all about. Health. Try to keep your spirits up and keep going on. Stay in touch..
Old 04-27-2013, 06:49 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Isn't it great when it all comes together. I'm still plugging along. My metabalism is totally dead. I don't seem to lose much weight at all. Kept trying different things, low carb, very low carb, etc and I finally came to the realization that I will not lose much. I have lost 2 dress sizes so I look much better. So I'm just pumped about that. I am on this for the lifestyle and to get healthier and LIVE longer. And it is true. I am much more agile and have better stamina. And that is what this forum is all about. Health. Try to keep your spirits up and keep going on. Stay in touch..
Great that at least you are able to get into a different dress size...and I certainly agree about getting healthier. I have not only been able to sleep better than before..(when I was 226lbs) but also don't have quite as much back pain, altho' that is something that is not going to leave me completely.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

How are you? The weather is just great here. Warm and sunny. I live in the north of Louisiana. Still way South in the US. In another month it will be in the high 90's. Or 100's. My mom used to do a lot of gardening this time of the year, but I'm not really able to at all. I have the land to have a small veggie plot but just not the stamina. Any kind of veggies are so expensive now, but I'm eating so much more healthy than I use to.

Love the little smiley . Supposed to be for the new folks coming in but it seems to be for the weather and the nice day. My weight is still truckin along. Not losing much but the love handles are going away.

Tell me about your life. So interested in UK. Do you have a lot of family? Mine is so small. Three daughters and their small families. Two of them live in the area but the third lives in Texas. About 8 hr traveling time. I visit her once or twice a year for a couple of weeks. She is a nurse with 2 kids, boy and girl.

Got to go, talk with you soon.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Wow! Don't like it to be too hot..altho' we are not having much in the way of sunshine being as it is supposed to be well into spring. Having said that it has been lovely and sunny today but still very cold. 8-12 degrees.

Isn't it just horrible when you would really love to do something but you just cannot! My problem is my back as I am spina bifida plus I now have ankylosing spondilitis and a lot of pain in my arms. Thankfully I am having an injection in my left shoulder on Monday to alleviate some of it.

As for the weight loss..it is a real pain in the butt isn't it?!
As I wrote in my first post I lost 30lbs when I started in 2010 and then from January 2011 till the beginning of this year it got completely stuck.. so a few pounds now and then is fine by me as long as it's gradually going down and not up..

As for family..like you I have 3, 2 daughters and a son.
My eldest D lives in Ireland, suffers badly with osteoarthritis altho' she is a qualified hairdresser but cannot do it now because her hands are very bad. Next, my younger D who lives in Sheffield and trained to be a teacher when she was in her late 30's even tho' she suffers from ME, and then my son who was a paramedic and went into the teaching side but his nerves became very bad and now lives like a hermit with extremely bad claustrophobia and other mental ailments, so I never see him even tho' he lives quite nearby. He does have a lovely wife who looks after him so well, bless her.
I have 7 grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren!! Very old me..

Well today I started off well and enjoyed listening to the C&W music on the local radio. Then a young man came round to "fix" my computer and ended up making it twice as bad!! .. Whenever I try to log on it takes ages to respond and he has deleted the page sizer so at the mo' this page is huge!. Just hope it reads okay.

Menu has been okay except I followed the instruction on my kipper I had this evening ..10mins in the microwave..and it ended up like a crisp!... ..

Breakfast - Oats 35g + Honey 0.5 Tablspn (made with water)
Lunch - Bacon grilled 75g + Eggs poached 2
Snack - Salad (small) + salmon tinned 75g + S.cream 25g
Dinner - Kipper (crispy) + Veg Soup home made
Supper - Banana Cake 1slice
Extra - Milk 150ml

Cals 1061 Carbs 83 Fat 54 Protein 62 Sugars 38 Fibre 8

Last edited by Emmaline78; 04-27-2013 at 01:18 PM..
Old 04-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

I like it big!!! But if you want it to be smaller try this. If you have a mouse hit your control button and roll the mouse button up or down. Or if you don't have one try another way. Hit control and the - button. Or to enlarge hit control and the +. I had a LOT of trouble with my computer automatically going smaller. Couldn't figure it out. My son in law gave me instruction about hitting 4 different keys at the same time. alt, control, shift and +, but my daughter showed me the easy way. Men!!! It seems that they know everything.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:51 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

By the way, I like your menu. Man, I would love some banana cake. My plan doesn't allow for it even though I get to eat more calories. 1700. What is your plan. Just keeping calories low? How many carbs do you allow yourself. I don't seem to lose weight on my plan. Maybe I should try yours.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I like it big!!! But if you want it to be smaller try this. If you have a mouse hit your control button and roll the mouse button up or down. Or if you don't have one try another way. Hit control and the - button. Or to enlarge hit control and the +. I had a LOT of trouble with my computer automatically going smaller. Couldn't figure it out. My son in law gave me instruction about hitting 4 different keys at the same time. alt, control, shift and +, but my daughter showed me the easy way. Men!!! It seems that they know everything.
Thanks for that. Actually the young man came back and I told him (in no uncertain terms!!) to reinstall the page sizer.. But as for making things better..I still find that I can type a lot of stuff, click submit and lose the lot!!

Quote:
By the way, I like your menu. Man, I would love some banana cake. My plan doesn't allow for it even though I get to eat more calories. 1700. What is your plan. Just keeping calories low? How many carbs do you allow yourself. I don't seem to lose weight on my plan. Maybe I should try yours.
My plan doesn't really allow for it in that it is soo high in carbs but I hate wasting anything. I am just counting my own cals and carbs by using one of these sites that help in this. Trying to keep as near to 80 carbs per day which I find extremely difficult..and 1200 cals. I have found that now I have restricted my carbs I am gradually losing again..very slowly.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #20
Junior LCF Member

Monday 29th April 2013

Had a bad night with my very painful shoulder but went to surgery and doc gave me a steroid injection to help matters. Very much better already so hopefully I will be able to get a better night.

Went from there to pick up some door handles from B&Q which I had ordered online to be reserved for me. Nobody knew anything about it! .. They are such a useless store.

Decided to pop in to the carpet store and ordered a new carpet for my sitting room. Man will be calling Wednesday to measure up... Yay!!

Have also been doing some investigations into which computer would be best to buy. Contacted my service guy who is calling tomorrow to discuss..so new comp on the offing as well..

Menu okayish today altho' carbs rather high.

Breakfast - Oats 35g + Honey 1Tablspn
Lunch - Cheese 45g + Bread 1slice
Snacks - Brazil Nuts 55g + Banana Cake 1slice
Evening meal - Veg Soup home made + Bread 1slice
Extra - Milk 150ml

Calories 1228 Carbs 112 Fat 66 Protein 43 Sugars 41 Fibre 16
Old 04-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Monday 29th April 2013

Had a bad night with my very painful shoulder but went to surgery and doc gave me a steroid injection to help matters. Very much better already so hopefully I will be able to get a better night.

Went from there to pick up some door handles from B&Q which I had ordered online to be reserved for me. Nobody knew anything about it! .. They are such a useless store.

Decided to pop in to the carpet store and ordered a new carpet for my sitting room. Man will be calling Wednesday to measure up... Yay!!

Have also been doing some investigations into which computer would be best to buy. Contacted my service guy who is calling tomorrow to discuss..so new comp on the offing as well..

Menu okayish today altho' carbs rather high.

Breakfast - Oats 35g + Honey 1Tablspn
Lunch - Cheese 45g + Bread 1slice
Snacks - Brazil Nuts 55g + Banana Cake 1slice
Evening meal - Veg Soup home made + Bread 1slice
Extra - Milk 150ml

Calories 1228 Carbs 112 Fat 66 Protein 43 Sugars 41 Fibre 16
Hey Emmaline!! Happy day to you Everything looks good on you menu. When I visited by DD in Austin, Tx. last year we went to the hugh Whole Foods store. Very posh and expensive. But I loved it. I bought a bottle of raw Honey and now that I am locarbing it I can't eat it.

I have lost 2.4 lbs in the last 3 days. One thing I did was lower my calories to 1400-1500 a day and also I started drinking the cloudy apple cider vinegar. Supposed to help with a lot of things. So my day is going really well. Slept very late. Hey, I'm retired and can do that.

I love my new computer. It is a laptop and I prop my feet up in my chair and just enjoy myself. Good luck on finding what you need. Take care of yourself.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Well done on your loss Lindy!
Do you have a journal or anything like that where I can visit?

My computer service guy called today and have agreed to buy a new comp from him. £417 ($648) all told which includes all the set up plus a new keyboard and mouse.

Managed to get round to altering my bedspread so it fits the bed properly and used some old (but good) velveteen curtains to make cushion covers to give to a charity shop.

Booked up to go and see "A Chorus Line" at the London Palladium on November 20th by coach and staying one night in a hotel... that's another thing marked off my bucket list!!

Diet has gone well again today altho' carbs are quite high.

Breakfast - Oats 35g + Honey 1Tblspn
Lunch - Bacon 65g + Eggs poached 2
Snack - Conference Pear
Evening Meal - Meat Balls home made + Cabbage 110g + Carrot 55g
Supper - Banana + Creme Fraiche 75g
Extra - Milk 150ml

Cals 1118 Carbs 108 Fat 52 Protein 55 Sugars 61 Fibre 14

Last edited by Emmaline78; 04-30-2013 at 11:59 AM..
Old 04-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

How's it going? Man on man, I love "Chorus Line". Best ever. I had the movie taped forever but it's gone now. I missed the "Cats" tour when it came to our area and have mourned ever since. I don't get out often.

No I don't have a journal yet. Normally I just post on NK 80/15/5. Nutritional Ketosis is a more rigorous form of LC. We modify our proteins to around 75 (for me at least) and keep total carbs under 20. Lots of fat. I have lowered my calories to about 1200-1300 and have at last started a downward swing. Five days ago 236, today 232.8. So, much better. Hope I keep it up.

How is your shoulder? Hate getting the shots, but they seem to help.

My life has turned around in the last year. I was living in an apartment and was lonely. My daughter worried about me falling. So I moved with her and her family last Feb. Started getting better gradually. I had started also having moments of waking to another person in the room. Nobody there. Ha. I went to the doctor and we found that the new medicine was giving me dementia systems,. So I started Arecept. And if it was that, it went away totally. Of course we changed the first medication.

I think maybe my life will take another turn. An old friend of the family is temporarily in a nursing home because she can't stand or get to her feet. I want to help her get out and be at home. So I offered to stay with her for a few months until she gets on her feet. Don't know if this will work, but Aimee, my daughter, and I are going on Thursday to check on the possibility. Will keep you posted. I check my control panel several times a day to see if new messages are coming in so I will know when you answer.

Hope your day is going well. Keep in touch
Old 04-30-2013, 01:42 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Gosh..I don't know how you manage to keep to 20 carbs a day!! That's quite a feat!
Yay to your weight going down.. such a hard job isn't it?! I do so get fed up with it sometimes.. just not fair is it? ..

That was nasty side effects of those meds. Glad you have it sorted now.

My eldest daughter was trying to get me to go into sheltered housing (housing with a warden in contact) But I have such a lovely view where I am as I am on the first floor overlooking a park which has the most beautiful trees and greens. ..so the last thing I want to do is move from here even tho' I do have one flight of stairs to cope with. My D was quite miffed when I said I didn't want to move.. she loves to be in control all the time but I must admit she does have a good heart. Unfortunately we did have a rather bad falling out about two years ago and things have not returned to a happy state as yet.
Long story! ...
That's very good of you to help your friend like that. I do hope things work out okay.

Well now off to bed.. back is getting more than a little painful.. but that's nothing new!!

Be in touch again soon...take care. ..
Old 04-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Gosh..I don't know how you manage to keep to 20 carbs a day!! That's quite a feat!
Yay to your weight going down.. such a hard job isn't it?! I do so get fed up with it sometimes.. just not fair is it? ..

That was nasty side effects of those meds. Glad you have it sorted now.

My eldest daughter was trying to get me to go into sheltered housing (housing with a warden in contact) But I have such a lovely view where I am as I am on the first floor overlooking a park which has the most beautiful trees and greens. ..so the last thing I want to do is move from here even tho' I do have one flight of stairs to cope with. My D was quite miffed when I said I didn't want to move.. she loves to be in control all the time but I must admit she does have a good heart. Unfortunately we did have a rather bad falling out about two years ago and things have not returned to a happy state as yet.
Long story! ...
That's very good of you to help your friend like that. I do hope things work out okay.

Well now off to bed.. back is getting more than a little painful.. but that's nothing new!!

Be in touch again soon...take care. ..
It's a matter of control. Kids think they are smarter than the previous generation. I agree on that for some things. computers, and things like that. But common sense will win every time. Also, it's a small matter of respect. Aimee loves me but didn't quite respect me or my views. So I had a talk with her about this. We both had the chance to give our opinion and talk it all out. Both of us have learned something about the other, and I feel that we have reconnected our closeness. For a while there, I thought I had made the wrong decision in moving in. But it's good now.

Don't let anyone take the decision away from you. You know better than anyone else if living where you are is a bad choice. You make it.

The first thing I had to give up with lc was bread. Broke my heart, but I needed to be healthy more than the bread. Then potatoes. I ate chips and snacks several times a day. Then the sugar, my regular cokes were 150 calories and about 25 carbs and I would have 5 or 6 a day.

I do like yellow squash, cucumbers and zuchinni and these are my mainstays. Then spinach. The diet is not perfect, but I'm getting a heck of a lot more nutrition than before. I don't miss the grain anymore but do miss my potatoes. One thing I think you should do is to go to the main forum and look under other plans (at the bottom) then click on Perfect health diet. Love it. I have watched it for a while and just made myself known. They are mainly healthy meats, lots of veggies and potatoes once a day. (separately from the meats) Read through the entire thread. 7 pages or so. Nice people and not like a lot of threads with a lot of angst and depression.

Last edited by Lindy in Louisiana; 04-30-2013 at 03:01 PM..
Old 05-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Hey girl, how's it going? My day is good, slept 10 hrs last night.. Wow...but I guess I needed it. My day is not really busy. We are going to look at a shop for sale to be moved to our land. My daughter, Aimee, is a dog groomer. Business is so good right now (spring) that she needs to expand so she can take in boarders. That seems to be where the money is. She gave up a corporate job last year to go into this. Been a long haul but totally worth it. Growing up she was NOT a dog person. But she decided to get an animal for her son (talk about him another time) and came up with tiny Angel. Half Chiquaqua (sp) half poodle. The love of everybody's life. We moved to Haughton last year and there were no decent groomers around. There was the idea.....It terribly hard work but she seems more fulfilled as a person. My food day is ok. Just sausage and cheese so far. I bought shirataki noodles last Netrition order but have not had the courage to try them yet. Take care and keep in touch
Old 05-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey girl, how's it going? My day is good, slept 10 hrs last night.. Wow...but I guess I needed it. My day is not really busy. We are going to look at a shop for sale to be moved to our land. My daughter, Aimee, is a dog groomer. Business is so good right now (spring) that she needs to expand so she can take in boarders. That seems to be where the money is. She gave up a corporate job last year to go into this. Been a long haul but totally worth it. Growing up she was NOT a dog person. But she decided to get an animal for her son (talk about him another time) and came up with tiny Angel. Half Chiquaqua (sp) half poodle. The love of everybody's life. We moved to Haughton last year and there were no decent groomers around. There was the idea.....It terribly hard work but she seems more fulfilled as a person. My food day is ok. Just sausage and cheese so far. I bought shirataki noodles last Netrition order but have not had the courage to try them yet. Take care and keep in touch
Hi Lindy, Little doggie sounds so sweet.
I did have a miniature poodle when the children were young but it had been terribly spoilt by the lady we bought it from so I never really enjoyed it being there. Funny thing is that whenever it came round for him to go to have his wash and grooming he really enjoyed it.
Later on after my husband had left home I got a Jack Russell and she was simply adorable.

I'll have a look at the L/c section you mention and see if I can get some ideas.

Today has been beautifully sunny and warm and I managed to get into the garden and tend to my rose bush which the gardening services that the council supplies chopped down nearly to the ground! They also yanked my bird bath/table out of the ground and it broke in two. That was nearly a year ago and am still pestering the council for compensation.

Had a phone call from a lady who belonged to the same U3A group as me. Unfortunately the gentleman who's house we used to meet in had a heart attack and died last night. Just seems unbelievable as he seemed so young and was quite energetic too.

Also had the gent call to measure for my new carpet. What with pulling up the old one and taking it away as well, adjusting one door and laying the new one, all told it will be about £600 ($934) Thankfully my home help said she will come in and help me to empty the room as much as poss.

Diet went well again apart from the low carbing which is not!!

Breakfast - Crumpet + Cheese 25g
Lunch - Eggs scarmbled 2 with butter 10g + Crackerbreads 2
Snack - Raspberries 50g + Cream 60ml
Evening - Ham 75g + Salad + S.Cream 20g
Supper - Banana + Creme Fraiche 60g
Extra - Milk 150ml

Cals 1156 Carbs 81 Fat 70 Protein 47 Sugars 36 Fibre 9

Last edited by Emmaline78; 05-01-2013 at 12:17 PM..
Old 05-01-2013, 04:16 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Still trying to get my numbers in line for today. I love my little tiny food scale I ordered on line. I checked chicken yesterday and 4 oz gave me a lot. But today I weighed 4 oz spiral ham and it was 2 little pcs. Must be some dense meat.

B/ coffee w/ hwc and coconut oil, 4 oz polish sausage w/ 1/2 cheese

L/ 4 oz ham, 1 c sauteed yellow squash w/ 2 T butter

D/ 1/4 c cottage cheese, 1 stalk celery w/ cream cheese, pork skins w/salsa

Totals:
127 fat
23.7 carb
4.6 fiber
61.5 protein

It's not perfect but right now, it is the best I can get. Still sitting a 232.8 but thats down from 236 last week. I'll take it.

Glad you were able to get in the garden. So nice this time of the year.
Keep in touch.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #29
Junior LCF Member

Sunday 5th May 2013

Didn't post yesterday as I was soo exhausted from all my gardening... altho' it's mainly been tidying up and sorting thro' stuff in my shed. Had another go today and am toying with the idea of getting a couple of tomato plants to put in there.

Yesterdays carbs were 136 which is far too high and today 112
Will try to get back to it properly tomorrow.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sunday 5th May 2013

Didn't post yesterday as I was soo exhausted from all my gardening... altho' it's mainly been tidying up and sorting thro' stuff in my shed. Had another go today and am toying with the idea of getting a couple of tomato plants to put in there.

Yesterdays carbs were 136 which is far too high and today 112
Will try to get back to it properly tomorrow.
Great idea about the plants. Glad to see you. I've been kicking around the idea of changing to the Perfect Health diet on other plans. I like it a lot because the health aspects are so amazing. Have you had a chance to check it out? Do so.. That's where I'll be. The main difference in Low carb and PHD is that you get to eat a lot more good veggies. Now I'll be able to have potatoes and white rice. The way to eat it is to warm up cold cooked potatoes and eat it separately from your meats. So add it to veg soup and you have a meal. They also have bone broth which is made by cooking bones w/ a little meat and water in a slow cooker overnight w/ 1 T apple cider vinegar. This helps get all the nutrients out of the bones. It very good for you. Another thing is eating beef or lamb liver (a few oz once a week). And the good kind of sardines in oil. I think the payload of nutrients will be outstanding. Check it out.

I will be moving in with my neighbor Freida next Sunday. She will be released from the nursing home. We are getting her house ready for the invasion. Me and my visiting family.

Glad you are ok and doing well. Love the idea of a garden.