Old 05-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Emmaline78
Stats: 226/185.8/154
WOE: Low Carbs
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy in Louisiana View Post
Great idea about the plants. Glad to see you. I've been kicking around the idea of changing to the Perfect Health diet on other plans. I like it a lot because the health aspects are so amazing. Have you had a chance to check it out? Do so.. That's where I'll be. The main difference in Low carb and PHD is that you get to eat a lot more good veggies. Now I'll be able to have potatoes and white rice. The way to eat it is to warm up cold cooked potatoes and eat it separately from your meats. So add it to veg soup and you have a meal. They also have bone broth which is made by cooking bones w/ a little meat and water in a slow cooker overnight w/ 1 T apple cider vinegar. This helps get all the nutrients out of the bones. It very good for you. Another thing is eating beef or lamb liver (a few oz once a week). And the good kind of sardines in oil. I think the payload of nutrients will be outstanding. Check it out.

I will be moving in with my neighbor Freida next Sunday. She will be released from the nursing home. We are getting her house ready for the invasion. Me and my visiting family.

Glad you are ok and doing well. Love the idea of a garden.
Hi Lindy, Hope your move goes well next Sunday.
I did have a look at what you suggested but the majority is all American stuff which I have no idea what it is. I do go on another site that helps in that regard anyway... but thanks for the help.

Gave gardening a bit of a rest today as I seem to have strained something in my leg which is very painful. Will be having my massage treatment tomorrow so that may well ease it.

WI today and I have lost another 1.2lbs..so that's 5.2lbs total this week..

Just can't believe it..I kept getting on the scales every few minutes to make sure it was correct!
Then, as is often the way..when I was out I treated myself to a Costa Coffee and a raspberry and almond slice... very yummy... but still kept it within my calorie allowance altho' carbs high again.

Breakfast - Oats 35g + Honey 1Tblspn
Lunch - Crumpet + Cheese 15g
Snack - R&A Slice
Dinner - Ham 50g + Egg hard boiled 1 + Salad + S.Cream 20g
Supper - Crackerbread 2 + L.C.Cheese 1

Cals 1235 Carbs 132 Fat 55 Protein 48 Sugars 68 Fibre 6
Emmaline78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 265/229/150
WOE: NK
Start Date: January, 2013
Outstanding

And when you started this you wanted to quit. Ain't life grand.. You know you are doing it right when you see results like this. Mine are trucking along. I jumped up to 236 the other day by not eating enough protein or calories. And it has taken me til now to get back down to 232. Learn a lesson.
Lindy in Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

I'm back at last. Had a new computer installed and a few problems just getting used to it.
Pleased that so far I have lost just over one stone .. 15.8lbs to be precise, since the beginning of this year. Now at my half way stage so all's good!
Did have a bit of a relapse today tho'! Stopped to have a cup of tea whilst I was out and then decided on the spur of the moment to include a fruit scone with jam and clotted cream! All very yummy but that put my carbs way over the top.
Nice to have a day off tho' so I'm not going to let that put me off... back to the business tomorrow..
Old 05-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Hey girl, glad to hear from you. I'm home again after being with Freida. Too much damage for me to help her. I can't do all the lifting and moving she needs so we found someone else to do that. I'll still go and cook for her for a while. But so tired. Demoralizing. She didn't tell me how bad she was. I've probably put on a few pounds the last few days so I'll have to get busy. Way to go and your weight loss. Fifteen pounds is awesome....
Old 05-18-2013, 02:04 AM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey girl, glad to hear from you. I'm home again after being with Freida. Too much damage for me to help her. I can't do all the lifting and moving she needs so we found someone else to do that. I'll still go and cook for her for a while. But so tired. Demoralizing. She didn't tell me how bad she was. I've probably put on a few pounds the last few days so I'll have to get busy. Way to go and your weight loss. Fifteen pounds is awesome....
Hi there Lindy, what a shame your good intentions didn't turn out the way you had hoped but at least you had a good heart and did your best. Unfortunately that's the way with some folk!
I remember some few years ago befriending a woman who was disabled and went about on a mobility scooter. She put on an attitude of being helpless and not understanding a lot of things. It ended up that she was phoning me constantly to go round hers saying that she had things happening and needed help when all the time she was quite able to cope but just wanted me there to fetch and carry for her. I can tell you I was so dismayed when I realised and confronted her but to add insult she thought it was really funny! Needless to say that I immediately had nothing more to do with her but it still rankles to this day that she took me for such a mug. .
Oh Well! We live and learn.
Hope your friendship will continue well as it's always nice to have a friend.
I have two that I keep in contact with from my line dancing days. One of them is much younger than me, more like my daughters age, but whilst I haven't actually seen her for some time we still keep in contact with the occasional e-mail as she lives about 20miles away, the other person lives not far from me and will invite me round for a cuppa and chat every so often. Usually I talk the hind legs off a donkey .. don't know how she puts up with me! (joking of course!)

Hope your day has been a good one.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Love your signature line....Funny

I'm down a little on the weight. I was afraid that I had gained more when I was with Freida but have lost it and a little more. Yea

Yeah, the young girl next door to her comes in and helps her now. So glad, I was not a happy camper there. No humor or happiness. And I really need that. Another neighbor has a garden and will bring us veggies this summer. Love that. Everything is so expensive in the grocery.

My diet is going well. I try to keep things on hand for hunger, but I seem to do ok without it. Not much time today, so keep well.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #37
Junior LCF Member

[QUOTE=Lindy in Louisiana;16429913]Love your signature line....Funny

I'm down a little on the weight. I was afraid that I had gained more when I was with Freida but have lost it and a little more. Yea

Yeah, the young girl next door to her comes in and helps her now. So glad, I was not a happy camper there. No humor or happiness. And I really need that. Another neighbor has a garden and will bring us veggies this summer. Love that. Everything is so expensive in the grocery.

My diet is going well. I try to keep things on hand for hunger, but I seem to do ok without it. Not much time today, so keep well. [/

Glad that the weight is going down even if only slowly.
No good in staying with someone and finding it is dragging you down as well.

Saturday 18th May 2013

Felt a bit hungry this afternoon but really didn't fancy anything to eat which I am very pleased about. Kept my carbs to a good low.

Breakfast - Bacon 70g + Eggs poached 2
Lunch - Cheese 30g + Lettuce + Tomato + Beetroot 50g + S.Cream 15g
Snack - Brazil Nuts 30g
Dinner - Pork Chop 100g + R.Beans 100g + Carrot 65g
Supper - Strawberries 100g + Crème Fraiche 75g
Extra - Milk 210ml

Cals 1226 Carbs 41 Fat 81 Protein 78 Sugars 34 Fibre 8
Old 05-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Wow your menu looked great. I could eat all of that. Mine was good too. Menu today
B/ 2 eggs, 1/2 oz cheese

D/ 7 oz ribeye steak, steak fries

S/ diet jello w/ cream

Total will be around 1100 calories. I can't do better on my plan until I get more of my products in. I need to make some fermented veggies but time doesn't allow right now. We are finishing up stuff in fridge because we're moving the double wide mobile home to my land. We bought it new last year and decided later to go back home. Long time coming.

Gotta go so stay well and be in touch.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Wow your menu looked great. I could eat all of that. Mine was good too. Menu today
B/ 2 eggs, 1/2 oz cheese

D/ 7 oz ribeye steak, steak fries

S/ diet jello w/ cream

Total will be around 1100 calories. I can't do better on my plan until I get more of my products in. I need to make some fermented veggies but time doesn't allow right now. We are finishing up stuff in fridge because we're moving the double wide mobile home to my land. We bought it new last year and decided later to go back home. Long time coming.

Gotta go so stay well and be in touch.
Looks good Lindy. Steak I cannot abide.. in fact I don't really like very much red meat at all. Chicken and fish is my preference but only 100 - 125grams at a time.
I note the diet jello.. I had bought sugar free jelly crystals but then realised they have aspartame sweetener in which I am allergic to. What is the sweetener in the jello?
Love the sound of your mobile home. How much land do you have ..if you don't mind me asking.

Today I woke up with cramps in my legs which are so painful. They are not like the ones that usually affect the bone down the side of the leg and it helps to try to stand up to get it to go. These cramps occur anywhere on my legs or feet and the only way I can get relief is by really concentrating on relaxing and letting them take their course. Then it gets excruciatingly painful for about 30seconds before subsiding. Accompanied by lots of very loud Ohs and Ahs by me!
Went out to check on my tomato plants in the greenhouse which are coming on in leaps and bounds. Cut out some of the side shoots as one should. Weeded some of the little flower bed next to my shed plus my strawbs, tied up some raspberry canes and pulled some more stalks of rhubarb. Now have enough to make a nice rhubarb crumble..that's if I am allowed to eat it!

Menu today:
Breakfast - NIL
Lunch - Salad + Cheese 50g + Salad Cream 25g
Snack - Brazil Nuts 50g
Dinner - Salmon baked in foil 145g + R.Beans 100g + Carrot 55g + Th.Isle Dressing 25ml
Supper - Strawberries 100g + Crème Fraiche 75g
Extra - Milk 210ml

Cals. 1330 Carbs 45 Fat 97 Protein 67 Sugars 38 Fibre 9

Last edited by Emmaline78; 05-19-2013 at 12:03 PM..
Old 05-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Oh yeah, your menu looks good. If you can't have aspartane try splenda or Sweet & low. They are different. If you can't have any AS go ahead w/sugar but just lower it a bit. 1/2 c instead of 1 c. May be just as good.

Good to see you on the other post. Nice people.....

Packing up all loose things on shelves in my room. We're only going about 3 miles so it's gonna be quick. I do have to unload my big bookcase so that's hard. Well, back to business.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Hi Lindy, I don't actually add sugar in anything apart from having the spoonful of honey in my porridge in the morning. All my sugars in the things like strawberries.
As for Splenda or any other artificial sweetener they are just poison in my opinion! This is some interesting info:

Splenda (Sucralose) Toxicity Exposed

Hope the move went well!

Tuesday 21st May 2013

Today went well apart from the fact that while I was out I decided to buy something for a snack and chose a pack of roasted peanuts. Only ate half which I am very glad about as it turns out they are 600 calories per 100 grams! So that has put my count way over again today.

Had my massage and ear candling again. Really relaxing and feel great afterwards.

Menu today:
Breakfast - Oats 30g + Oatbran 10g + Honey 1 Tablespoonful
Lunch - Salad + Cheese 50g + Salad Cream 25g
Snack - Roasted Peanuts 100g
Supper - Crackerbread 3 + L.C.Cheese 1 + Strawberries 100g + Crème Fraiche 75g
Extra - Milk 210ml

Cals. 1522 Carbs 92 Fat 97 Protein 35 Sugars 56 Fibre 19
Old 05-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Today went well.
Hairdo this afternoon.
Workmen arrived this morning and put in new garden posts. They dug up some old geranium plants which I am really pleased about as now I can put in some runner beans there.

Made a salmon soufflé to use up some cooked salmon from the other day. Was a bit dubious as to how it would turn out but it was really delish!
Had a bit of an urge to have something sweet so finished off a choclatina icecream from the freezer which has put my carbs rather OTT.

Breakfast - Oats 30g + )at Bran 5g + Honey 1 Tablespn
Lunch - Lettuce + Beetroot 40g + Cheese 55g + Salad Cream 25g
Snack - Choclatina Icecream
Dinner - Salmon Souffle
Supper - Blueberries 100g + Crème Fraiche 75gt
Extra - Milk 210ml

Cals 1277 Carbs 109 Fat 73 Protein 51 Sugars 58 Fibre 12
Old 05-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Hey, girl. Hope you are doing well. I'm fine and back on track again. We have gotten moved to the other location. Love it. Aimee is so happy to go out the front door and be at work. Her dog grooming shop is next door.

Your menu sounds great.... Love souffle. I need to get serious about some good cooking. Now I have time. I would love to have a tiny garden. Nobody to help me so it won't happen. Will have to find some local gardeners.

Ready for bed, so stay safe.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Weights is finally starting to come off. Lost from 235 last week to 229.6 today. Yea!!!!
Old 06-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #45
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Weights is finally starting to come off. Lost from 235 last week to 229.6 today. Yea!!!!
Wow! Well done you!

Haven't been on here for a while as not been well at all. My back and arms get very bad sometimes which make me feel quite depressed.
Have managed to lose a few more pounds .. now 13st 5.8lbs (187.8lbs)
Went off track a bit last night and ate nearly a whole packet of savoury crackers...very yummy..included them in my days menu so came out reasonably okay in the end.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Hey Sweetie, hope you get to feeling better. Google the terms milk kefir and kombucha. They both have immense healing properties. I'm ordering both to get started. Milk kefir is easiest. Can't wait. I've had a lot of back troubles lately and need some relief.

Diet is going good. Weight is 227.2 and that's about 5 lbs this last month. Won't last I'm afraid. I always lose and then add a lb. We'll see. I'm keeping calories around 1400-1500. And the protein around 75. Carbs 75-90. I feel healthier.

How's you garden? Working at all? I have a neighbor who will be bringing me some veggies soon. Can't wait. I'm going to buy some seed and start sprouting. Not going on a raw food diet. Still gonna have my meat but the seeds are so healthy. I'd like to grow micro-greens. Then when I can't get to the market, I'll have salads. Just a thought of things to come. First, I'm going to do the kombucha and then milk kefir.

I can only do what I can do. Baby steps. ha Good to hear from you.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:34 AM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Unfortunately things haven't been going too well diet-wise! Had a few blips and ended up back at 191lbs (13st 9lb) which was last weeks weigh in. Now back to 188.6 so fingers crossed I hope to be back where I was on the 24 June.
Arm has been quite bad too. It tends to get stuck in one position and is extremely painful to move it which I have to do with my other arm like it doesn't belong to me! Have had some physio on it and it's easier for a few days and then back to square one.... Ah well..Worse things at sea..as my mother always used to say..

Not going to log all my food anymore as I find it too tedious and I do log it into a nutrition site anyway.

Other than all that.. have had my handy man round who has done a lot of odd jobs for me and at a very reasonable price. The sort of things that ordinarily I would have done for myself but cannot do now so having to paying someone rankles a bit. He put a stabiliser on my bathroom cabinet as being a flat pack they are not always very sturdy. Put a pelmet and curtain track in my bedroom and tidied up the front garden.

Have a lovely get-together planned for August with my 2 daughters and all their families which will mean I will see 3 of my great-grand children for the first time. There will be 13 of us altogether (8 adults + 5 children) and it will be on my birthday too.

Lindy, I do hope your weight loss continues in good stead..take care and hope to post my daily nutrition facts later.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Hey girl,
Good to hear from you. Sorry you are having troubles. Hope the arm gets better soon. So terrific to be having your party and on your birthday. Wonderful. Such a blessing to be able to have family coming. I live with my daughter and her family but they are so busy I don't get to connect much.
I noticed that I posted on 6-18 and my weight was 227.2 and guess what? It's back to the same thing. I'm really on a roll.

I'm doing well. Eating whole foods and not really dieting much. But I have much more stamina and energy. It's the kombucha and kefir. They have almost changed my life. If you ever have the chance to order either one pls do so. Kombucha is sweetened tea that is fermented. It has immense amounts of nutrients and vitamins. And only 30 calories a glass. I paid $12 for a starter (looks like a squishy pancake) and I make a gallon for under a dollar.

Kefir is a milk product like yogurt. The little grains look like baby cauliflower buds and you add to a quart of milk. And let sit 24 hrs. It's not as tart as yogurt and I strain it to make "greek" kefir. Lovely with chopped peaches. I truly believe it will prolong my life. and give me a better quality of life. Can you order things over there like we do on Amazon? Check into it. Please.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Hi Lindy,Well ,done on your weight loss and getting back to the 227.2! Now that's gotta be a big incentive to keep going.

I do know about the kefir, used to have some many years ago but don't really fancy that much. I do often buy (and sell) on Amazon and have just bought a good amount of scan bran which is very tasty and very low carb too.

Had a lovely surprise yesterday..weight now 185.8 which is a new low for me and also means I lost almost 6lb last week!!
Had a lovely swim this afternoon plus Jacuzzi and 15mins in the steam room. Hope that gets another pound or two off.

Diet has gone well altho' carbs rather higher than I want but sometimes have to grab something for breakfast so I can take my tablets when I have a lot of pain first thing.

Totals:
Cals. 1044 Carbs 92 Fat 45 Protein 68 Sugars 56 Fibre 7
Old 07-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Hey sweetie, how's it going? I'm fine. Tired but I've had a very busy day. A lot of cooking but got a lot accomplished.

Six pounds? Awesome.... Keep it up. I've gotten a little complacent lately. My DD would bring home food and have extra for me. Should have said no, but, you know, I didn't.

Definitely eating better. I had a chicken casserole today that was so nutritious that I don't think I've ever made better. Chicken, pasta, celery, carrots, boiled eggs, mayo, tumeric, garlic and other seasonings. Not too high in carbs either. Lots of butter. ha

SIL told DD that "Your Mother is aging backwards", made me feel good. ha