LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aleina
Stats: 224/ 172.9 31 Jan /150
WOE: Epi Paleo
Start Date: 15 Nov 2012 various WOES
50 to go

Today is a big day, no, actually it is a small day .
Onederland has been sighted on the scale: 198.4 lbs for the last two days. I did not trust the scale as it had been under 2 ft of water nearly in our recent floodings but it must have dried out now so all is good.

I had been stalled and not living particularly lowcarb since my birthday end of March. Maybe it was this release from the strict regimen or the work involved in cleaning the house after the torrential rains here but due to one or all of the above I am now finding myself in Onederland. It is quite amazing what this little number can do to one┤s mood . I weigh in metrics and I am now weighing 89.9kilos . I prefer that as it is so much nicer to only have to lose 20 of something than 40 of another However as most people here weigh in pounds I will report in pounds .

So a couple of statistics to kick off this , if I know myself correctly, very sporadic attempt at a blog.
Starting weight 224
Current today : 198.4
Goal : 150 lbs
Exercise: sporadic ,walking everywhere (1m a day +) going sailing once in a while and very sporadic cycling ,in other words no real plan.

Oh, did I mention ? ONEDERLAND TODAY

Last edited by Aleina; 04-09-2013 at 09:28 AM..
Aleina is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Lots/Less/Goal-135 lbs.
to ONEDERland!!!!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:21 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Magieden !

Well,still in Onederland. Being very close to the 200 mark I want to get away from that as quickly as possible, but I must admit I am not living on plan . Be it lazyness or actual fatigue, but I cannot bring myself to cook a lot. Every day I discover something new in the house that needs to be deep cleaned after the flood of last week. I hope that the exercise somewhat balances out the offplan eating,like eating bread. I am going to go shopping today for some basic supplies like meats and cheeses,tomorrow I will get my corn tortillas.

I did some unexpected exercise yesterday though. The floating laminate wood flooring had become dog eared from the water seeping into it. I don┤t know how it occurred to me, but I decided it would be a good idea to put my weight to good use and iron it flat with sliding dance moves. You should have heard the music selection,anything from 3 continents that had a good beat ! Well, it was 2 hours of sweat breaking exercise and the floor has definitely benefited. I have one more room to go but definitely not today !!

Last edited by Aleina; 04-10-2013 at 07:23 AM.. Reason: punctuation
Old 04-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

More rain and off plan

More rain coming in,supposedly without flood risk. Eating marginally better. Tomorrow is another day. At least I prepared a kilo of veggies so they are ready to be thrown together with some meat.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:04 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Well,good Sunday morning . Today will be an on plan day .I feel it in my bones or be that the effect of the humidity ?
Stayted the day with my mega breakfast of 3 eggs and 3 corn tortillas as we will be going to the boat later and ideally I want to skip lunch as oat lunches are never as lo carb as they should be without planning and preparation beforehand.The weather is great although very windy a typical autumn day.

PD: Scales are without battery so no weigh in today.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:23 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone. Today is a good day. Breakfast was on plan. 3 corn tortillas with one geman sausage,one egg and a tomato and chile relish. Lunch will be pork meatballs and corn tortillas. Dinner beef in red wine sauce and green beans.

Maybe I should explain in very basic terms what life without bread is . It is not actually what the title says . You could eat bread but the idea is that you stick to 72 grams of carbohydrates or under, the diet that was prescribed to diabetics in Germany some years back. I dont know if they still do that today.

My take on it is that I personally cannot eat bread as much as I love it . I have tried every variation and without fail after some days eating good bread I fall back into bad eating. So my personal take is to eat as few carbs as possible ,no bread or flour or rice but not to deny myself going up to the limit of 72 grams if I find good carbs . Recently I came across Andean papines which are a relative to potatoes I think with half the starch content.So they are a weekly treat. Other than that it is vegetables like green beans in free amounts.

However in the next 5 days I will go back to an Atkins induction style type of eating to rebalance myself after 2 weeks of offplan eating . And yes, I am hoping for a good loss doing that.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:42 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Well,I took the plunge and have gone back to a minimal carbohydrate diet for ....hmm have not decided that yet but let┤s say a minimum of 4 days. We shall see how that works.I will basically eat anything protein,chiles (I am a chile head) and cauliflower or green beans . I am not to sure on the veggies yet as I want the next four days to be foolproof,easy cook etc . Today I started with German sausage and eggs with some leftover chili sauce (homemade) from last night.

I was thinking too about the weight I would like to reach. I have provisionally set it at 150lbs but after looking at the pictures of 150lb women on that my body gallery I am wondering if I am shooting too high in terms of being able to tone my body enough to look good at this weight ,being 47 and all . Anyway just a thought and permission to say to myself that I am ok like that whenever I will reach a way that I think that feels and looks good to me.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:30 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

While reading another post I thought of another hurdle. I do like wine but I have no idea if it stalls my weightloss or not. So my decision is to not drink wine for 5 days see how much I lose if anything and then add it back in to see what happens next.
Waah I so dislike water. Yes, I know I am a baby,but a baby that does not want to be one so that is why I am writing my silly notions here . Can you believe I am thirsty but am not drinking as I can only have water ? One glass of water coming up right now...
Old 04-18-2013, 05:53 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Well.good morning everyone. Woke up this morning with the mother of an upset stomach. Not a good day for it as we are meant to go sailing. I went back to sleep for a little bit and then had my usual breakfast of eggs,chile and ham,the idea being that if this does not affect me all will be well the rest of the day. So far so good.
I weighed myself this morning and the scale showed 198.3 which makes me happy as the carb days do not seem to have made an impact on my weight. So today a strict no carbs day which has already fallen flat as I allowed myself sugar in my coffee to pamper myself ,haha. So this will have to be my only carbs today meaning that the menu will be extra boring,cold cuts and cheese for lunch and meat loaf for dinner.
Well,gotta run.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:35 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

A good day yesterday. We did go sailing and my stomach did not act up anymore. A really nice day,hot probably the last week of hot weather before winter weather comes in. So we are taking advantage.
I also managed to stay on plan,although not menu. I had prepared a meatloaf in a casserole and when I reheated it at night I found out that it had not cooked through the night before.
I have never seen the dog so happy though...

So yesterday┤s menu is easy to describe: eggs,cheese and cold cuts in free amounts and 2 tbps of chilisauce. 4 teaspoons of sugar in my morning coffee. This is a thing I am considering right now if I can make the morning coffee sustainable. In carb grams it seems ok, also it does not give me any cravings if I have it in the morning, afternoon is a different story. Bears watching. The first no wine day was a success.We had a bottle of sparkly left on the boat and it is still there ! So today┤s plan is as follows .
Breakfast : 3 eggs, ham and chilisauce,three coffees with 3 tsps sugar, Lunch: cold cuts Dinner : another attempt at meat loaf

Weigh in today : 199.1
Old 04-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

I just got back from shopping. I had gone out craving something sweet real badly so I went out to buy jello to mix with Ricotta or Mascarpone. Well, reading all the labels my distrust of all artificial sweeteners came back to me and I left them,bought some double cream instead and a mix of nuts and that was that . Now I might have overdone it on the cream a bit but ma˝ana is another day.I also found unsweetened desiccated coconut which might make an interesting add in to the Mascarpone cheese.I will see. Oh and as of tomorrow the sugar in coffee will get replaced with cream.
Another thing did make me laugh. I had always bought a light yogurt before I was watching carbs this strictly thinking it refers to the use of artificial sweeteners . Today I read the label - high fructose corn syrup in quantities. The light refers to it being fat reduced. And there I was thinking that my cravings after were due to aspartame and such like.Never assume anything and reread labels as they do change ingredients etc..

Last edited by Aleina; 04-19-2013 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: punctuation and font size
Old 04-20-2013, 05:36 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Started the day off well with coffee and cream and 3 eggs with chorizo . Planning to eat fattier today than other days. Also I did not drink nearly enough water 4 cups of coffee and 20 ozs of water during the day. Going sailing today so that ups my water intake naturally.
Weigh in today: 199.7 going the wrong way ,disappointing but at this stage there could be a lot of reasons .Bears watching though
Old 04-21-2013, 04:55 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Good morning weigh in today 198.9 Good on plan day yesterday but I had hoped tosee a loss frommy starting point by now albeit a small one . We will see. Breakfast today 3 eggs with chorizo and chili sauce and coffee and cream.
Wondering if my sparkling water is too high in sodium and I am retaining water ?
Might have to leave it .
Old 04-21-2013, 06:04 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

I forgot to say that I managed to find coconut oil finally,the real stuff not the Copra oil. I will go and pick it up tomorrow.Yay.
Plan for today : more water more mate ( =tea) and still no wine
Old 04-22-2013, 05:35 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

198.9 ..again grrr Another day yesterday with good eating , but no change in the scales. Bored!

Edit : Well, it is only my third day of really clean eating so maybe I should not be bored yet . I don't think I am in Ketosis though. How can you tell for sure without Keto sticks - unknown here. Hmm

Last edited by Aleina; 04-22-2013 at 05:49 AM.. Reason: see edit note
Old 04-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Well,well,well,the things one learns. I did a bit of sleuthing to find out if coffee should affect weight loss and on this one the jury is still out. Atkins induction says 2 cups. If I presume they mean the 8 oz cups then my actual intake today was only slightly higher and I can easily reduce that.

However ,the surprise was yerba mate, which we drink by the litre down here. While it is full of goodness,keeps you young etc what it also does is inhibit the rapid uptake of fat from the intestine. Now what I don┤t know is whether it inhibits it completely or delays it, but to be on the safe side I will kick that out ,too. For now anyway.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:03 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Health benefits of yerba mate tea

Confused no more ,yerba mate stays .
Old 04-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Food today :
B 3 eggs ,2 ozs chorizo and 5 cups coffee
L 5 meatballs in chili tomato sauce
s cream cheese with clight 3 ozs
D 8 meatballs in tomato sauce with 10 olives
S cream cheese with clight powder

The seond snack is still at the planning stage. I want it but for now I do not need it
Old 04-23-2013, 05:01 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Good morning peeps . Good start to the day. Weighed myeself and it is 198.0, at least a move in the right dircection .I was getting frazzled as previously I was able to lose more or at least I am remembering it that way.

Well,I did have the cream cheese yesterday after all. I learned that Clight/Crystal light makes me hungry or maybe better tosay want to eat.So out it goes again.Desserts will be double cream and mascarpone cheese which I can stomach without sweeteners.

I cut down the coffee to 4 cups equivalent to 600 ml. I would hate to cut it out but if the weightloss does not accelerate I will .Wine stays off the menu for a little while longer.I really enjoy it with my dinner and it is soo cheap here and good. Sigh. I have not decided for how long, but I would say that my provisional idea is until Friday and then I shall see.

Last edited by Aleina; 04-23-2013 at 05:04 AM.. Reason: add provisional
Old 04-23-2013, 05:14 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

I am going out to get my coconut oil today. Keeping fingers crossed that it is the good stuff. It is rare here,people do not use it for cooking, so I need to traipse all across town . I found it on the local equivalent of Ebay and until now I have not had any diappointments. Afterwards we will go sailing.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Got the coconut oil. It is alright,extravirgen,organic but nothing like what I used to buy previously. It smells of coconut but barely. Hey ho!
Good day with lots of water and sailing.
Lunch was a bit of cheese and salami,dinner a soup made from ground beef with peppers,chiles and pak choi and cream
Old 04-24-2013, 06:42 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

First things first 197.55, jeje the second "five" seemed important in the conversion from kilos.(89.7kilos).Other than that not much to report. I am including coconut oil now,I put it on my eggs this morning. Let┤s see if it has any effect.
Ah,one thing that was interesting.Last Sunday friends took a photo of us from their boat. Usually I avoid the photo opp at all costs but this one was unavoidable and the photo is tolerable. What I mean to say is that the effort is noticeable and instead of discouraging me is encouraging.

Last edited by Aleina; 04-24-2013 at 06:53 AM.. Reason: Clarify tolerable
Old 04-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Waist band meets bra band

I forgot. Yesterday I had a bra band meets waistband of jeans moment. For safety when we dock I usually hitch up my jeans so as not to get caught on anything while walking along the deck. Well,yesterday the hitch was neverending or seemed that way.I had not noticed before. I am almost tempted to try on the jeans I bought in a fit of optimism, but maybe not yet. That might be a deflating moment still.

Last edited by Aleina; 04-24-2013 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: correct font size insert title
Old 04-25-2013, 05:51 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Teetering and tottering

198.2 today,up 0,6 lbs. Yesterday was a free grazing day all allowed foods and little water. May have to do something with it. I wish there was a definite 3 or 4 lb move but hey ho. I had a strange craving though-mushrooms.If I have bought mushrooms a dozen times in my life then that would be guessing high.Maybe today I will follow my appetite and not eat when not really hungry.Yesterday I ate as I would not get anything while outside. Today we are planning a barbecue on the boat,gaucho style no sides, no garnish just meat. I am going out later to find nice meat for it .We don┤t want it to be an extensive affair,just a dinner on the river.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:54 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

an off topic

A pic from our outing yesterday
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BA sunset 2.JPG (79.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 04-25-2013, 06:08 AM   #26
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Your picture is beautiful. Keep with it and you will have success!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Thank you zipp2play! And right back at you. Looking at your stats you have done enormously well.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:30 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Jeans almost wearable

if it was not for that pesky requirement for breathing,jaja. I tried my jeans that I bought 3 years ago in Mexico and they went up all the way, closed and are technically wearable if one wants to pass out from shallow breathing. But it is a great feeling,the wearing smaller jeans not the breathless bit I hasten to add. I tried to find yesterday what recognizable size equivalent a Mexican size 21 is, but I struck out. 197.1 or 89.5 kilos I have not weighed this little in a long time. And in other news I woke up this morning with backache whichdid not let me stay asleep.After the flood I have avery uncomfortable armchair with cushions removed and I pt it down to that but no. The matter was resolved with a trip to the smallest room in the house,well at least historically speaking

Last edited by Aleina; 04-26-2013 at 06:31 AM.. Reason: correct all bold typeface
Old 04-26-2013, 06:33 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

I forgot to add that yesterday for the first time I had that lowcarb feeling of an undefinable headache and a bit of lethargy.Today it is gone.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #30
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Way to go on the jeans. All victories count!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote