LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 08:50 AM   #211
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleina View Post
I used to buy eggs at one dollar for 6 but then about three months ago they increased by about 50% and in effect closed the gap to the organic ones. My idea with the eggs is to supplement my omega 3 as I do not eat fish or seafood. As they tell me that omega 3 is mandatory for reduction of inflammatio,cell repair and what not I need to find locarb sources for it.

About the wine I did some research today as apparently we have the wines highest in resveratrol here (Malbecs) and I found this which ties in with what you are trying to do on Judd with regards to Sirt1.
New study validates longevity pathway: Findings identify universal mechanism for activating anti-aging pathway

very interesting!!!!!!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #212

OH I hope you feel better. I would be so sad if Wine made me not feel good.....Sorry you couldn't sleep!
Old 06-29-2013, 04:42 AM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aleina
Stats: 224/ 172.9 31 Jan /150
WOE: Epi Paleo
Start Date: 15 Nov 2012 various WOES
Good morning 86.4 today, not much change if any.
Well, good news and bad news. The wine was not to blame for my feeling bad after all. I got the bug,the " llergy". It is a chest thing only,with aching limbs. So today I take it easy.

I tried to implement my new routine today which is 50 g of protein and no lunch but failed as I have no appetite. We will see if the effect is diminished or if feeling blech is going to make up for it.

The idea is to increase leptin sensitivity, something that is forgotten when talking about insulin resistance. No normal insulin production without being leptin sensitive. In addition I need to heal my gut flora damaged by years of carbs and carbs and more carbs. We have around a 100 trillion "bugs" in our intestine. If they are not held in check and one grows disproportionately illness results.

It is not a new idea but now we have the data to back it up. What impressed me that a woman with MS healed herself by curing her leaky gut. Her story is on facebook as she now helps others.

If anyone is interested my new, old knowledge comes from Dr Jack Kruse. I say old as it is something our ancestors know, our recent naturopathic doctors suspected, but that we are only just now proving with modern science. It is a heavy read, but once you invest some time all over sudden the language is not so strange anymore.

So I will go over to my other site and learn more. Yesterday I thought I had it all clear, but this morning trying to explain what I am doing and why I realise that I need to learn more.

Nancy,good morning.It looks like my wine is not gone forever,just postponed. While going through the Leptin reset I can't have any but afterwards I can,just one glass as two do a number on me as if I had the whole bottle.

[SIZE="1"CMy journal : http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...626-50-go.html

Everything and nothing is poison. The amount alone decides whether it becomes a poison or not -Paracelsus[/SIZE]
Aleina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:03 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Good morning. Sundays seem to be my best days. Third Sunday in a row a good loss 85.8 or 188.96 pounds. That is not 189 lbs! I insist on the 188.96

Other than that I changed my routine slightly. I now have a BIA ( big "bum " breakfast ) with 50 g of protein and then only dinner. This is to ascertain how leptin resistant I am. Well, so far the breakfast is oversize for me. The dog is ecstatic though.

Cold treatments are going well and are highly enjoyable. I have found that my skin is getting to be saggy in the abdominal area though. While a sign of losing in the area I need to lose most it worries me. But it is early days. I made myself a bodyscrub that may help. I use coconut oil and the grounds of my morning coffee and at least it leaves the skin baby smooth. I received a compliment recently that I look in my early thirties when I am actually pushing fifty.

According to the Optimal diet I would need to supplement with quite a lot of things and generally eat seafood by the boatload. Problems as a lot of the supplements are either expensive or not available and the seafood is anathema to me. But I will have to..

Yesterday I was feeling terrible. From the lower back down I had a dull pain that stretched to the calves of both legs. I refused to take anything ( I shouldn't have) so it stayed all day and night until finally at 2 in the morning I relented and took an aspirin which put an end to it. I was so worn out yesterday that I went to bed at 9.30 something that according to Jack Kruse I should do every day. So against the culture here. Most people have dinner at this time. I am not sure if I will want to follow that. Up for review .

And now to change my stats.....

Old 07-01-2013, 04:01 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Good morning, Mondays are not so bad either. 85.4 kilos or 188 lbs . I think the BIA ( big whopping breakfast works for me but the a stands for something else) . I am not hungry not even today when all I had for dinner was sprouts,cauliflower tomatosauce and 2 ozs beef. But hey it is all good
Old 07-01-2013, 06:08 AM   #216

188 WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2013, 04:39 AM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Nancy and good morning ! 85.8 today or half a pound more than yesterday. It happens.
I felt terrible yesterday . All day I had a sinusitis like pain which for today seems to have abated somewhat. I am hoping that I stay on top of things as the house looks like a bomb hit and the landlord will want to visit for the rent.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:47 AM   #218

I hope you get to feeling better girl! Do what you need to do to get back healthy
Old 07-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Good morning . Another 85.8 kilos today . Well,it is what it is. I should not complain too much as that bug has really done a number on me so I will take it easy today as well. I am feeling better though . I slept rather long which seems to have done me some good.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #220

OH I am glad you are feeling better girl!
Old 07-04-2013, 02:41 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Good morning. 85.9 kilos or 189lbs Let´s see if I can shift thtat today again. I have been neglecting to drink water or anything else so today is water day. Nothing else to report. I am feeling better but then again I alwasy do in the morning and worse at night. We shall see how today goes.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:16 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

I can't beliiiiiiiiiieve it . 84.4 kilos today or 185.9 Meltdown,literally! Of course I am referring to the thermogenesis element and the big breakfastI do not much like it but it goes down when I see results like this.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:48 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Well, it was too good to last still . 85.1 kilos today. It will come back.
Yesterday I ate fish. So what I hear you say. Well, I have eaten fish probably 10 times in my life. That would make it 2 portions per decade.... I hated the stuff, but I have been convinced that some omega 3 would do me good. So yesterday I went out to the Chinese quarter and bought fish. Dusky grouper! I fried it only as I needed to see how fishy it was and to be honest I can't understand anymore what the fuss was about. It did not smell fishy as it was super fresh, no smell even while cooking and the taste was so neutral I was not sure if I was eating the cauliflower or the fish at points. Only thing wrong was the bones. I will select better next time.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:20 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Good morning. Well,it is not meant to last just yet. 85.4 kilos today. I have not been doing all I should be doing though so no surprise.
Not much to report today.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #225

OH I love fish! Seafood, you name it. I love Salmon, Talapia, white fish...TUNA, love it all!
Old 07-09-2013, 06:06 AM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all. 85.9 kilos the scale is going the wrong way. I am really not sure why as if anything I eat less carbs than before.It would be too short an experiement but the 84.4 appeared on my scale after two days of paleo sleeping, meaning letting the body adjust slowly to the beginning and end of daylight. It is so contrary to my lifestyle but as sleeping and weightloss are so intertwined I might have to consider some changes in that direction. We shall see.For now I shall view this wrong direction thing as a fluke.

Other than that a new thing on the menu.I had bought them before but I left them again as I thought the carb count was high, but in actual fact the net carbs are 8 per 100gs.Andean potatoes which are not potatoes at all.
Ullucus tuberosus , Wiki Ullucus tuberosus - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre
I am looking forward to those tonight. They have the texture of a potato crossed with an apple.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #227

Texture of a potato crossed with an apple? How do you prepare them? Just like a potato??
Old 07-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #228
Senior LCF Member

You can do them fried or roasted or boiled. Basically I use them like I would new potatoes. The only thing you can't do is mash them to my mind anyway. They have got a watery, more crunchy consistency. I will try to remember to take a photo a bit later.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:00 AM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Ok! Good morning, getting there again 84.8 kilos this morning or 186.7 lbs. It was water retention as I thought. What makes me happy is that I can include a glass of wine if I keep the carbs low that day,in other words budget for the wine as I would for any vegetable.
The andean potatoes are a success.There are varieties and some are not locarb to my mind. I buy the colourful ones that when you cut them up show a watery interior.
Other than that nothing to report,rainy wet day here.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:03 AM   #230

Interesting! Glad you enjoyed them. I am not so good at trying new things!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:37 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Well 85.5 again today. I don't know why and will never know. other than that I have tried something new to change my sleep rythm and whoa did it work. I went to bed at 11.45pm and woke up at 11am. Soemthing it must do for me at some point.Other than that nothing to report. I might make a cakelike thing today as yesterday I got the pleasant news that cocoa is chockfull of PQQ which supposedly is a good thing but I might just end end up with my after eight special like yesterday. I made a cocoa paste and added my herbal tea and cream,which is a mixture of mint and various other herbs. Sounds strange but tastes good,better than with water alone.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Rainy weather reflections : "If you don't lose cut the cheese,cals and nuts and drink more water dear. " On another board some years back the way to kill a high GI was to put vinegar on everything. Fast answers for complex problems.

These advices are meant well, but in the end they come from the same mentality as lo cal. Too much is bad behaviour, the same fear that "too much" will result in weight gain, the losing of control. I rail a lot about not losing, but if nuts were important to me then I would go to the end of the road and find out if they do ME harm. Was locarb not meant to liberate us from the dictatorship of calories ? What if cheese and nuts are incidental and understanding more about ourselves and how we got here could open doors to a less difficult maintenance stage , maybe even a normal relationship with food without trying too hard?

Some people will say "look she thinks she has all the answers" and I would counter "no, she thinks she has a lot of questions" They might lead me to a deadend, but it will have been worth the trip. I like reading tricked out recipes that taste just like X from Y place that we used to have before, but they are a crutch only to get away from the cravings in a healthy fashion to keep us on course until we can take or leave them. I even make them. They can't be the be and end all though , the WOE.

What if it was possibly to heal ourselves ? I don't mean to heal ourselves back to repeating the insane cycle of eating all carbs, but to the point of not HAVING to ask for loaded broccoli in a restaurant, but being able to eat that potato without gaining, without fear that it will lead to craving, as we have corrected the underlying mechanism to the best of our capacity, knowing our potential and its limits.

I will let you know how I fare.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #233
Senior LCF Member

It´s none of my business. I have been thinking and regretting the post.Everyone has different needs from this board. Apologies , I will stick to myself.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:09 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Good morning 85.4 today . TOM is early do I don't expect too much in that regard for a week. Other than that I made a panchococo,basically a pancakemade with desiccated coconut and cocoa. Not bad ,not bad . The new frying pan helps.
Well,another grey day here in spite of the promised sunshine. Only in the afternoon the sun is meant to come out.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Anecdote coming up : Just before going out I thought that my face looked younger. Well it must do because when I got on the bus a guy got up for me as I was obviously (thankfully in his mind only ) pregnant.
Conclusions: 1. I am still bigger than I think but
2. look young enough to be considered pregnant ( I'm going on 50!!)

I don't know if I am pleased or not ...
Old 07-13-2013, 06:26 AM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Good morning weigh in today 85.5 kilos. Looks like it is meant to stay for a while.

Had a fish dinner yesterday trying different varieties, pollock and Argentine sand perch. A success with some ullucos on the side, ullucos being Andean "potatoes" that come in at 8g of carbs per 100 grams. Careful though if you are interested. Only the ones with the lila and orange skins are like that. The more root like looking ones appear to have more. I bought them ones and they tasted starchy like mandioca.

Well, today I have a a treat for myself. I am off out to buy cream cheese and mascarpone from the farm to make myself a poppyseed cheesecake. I have not had poppyseed since I was a child.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:42 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

85.5 kilos stuck like chewing gum on a shoe,but still. Good morning. I was told it might happen when you do thermogenesis, but as usual I thought that it won´t happen to me.
At the moment my focus is on repair and improvement,that is I will eat three brazilnuts when before I would have eaten one to get in Selenium. I have started eating fish and have gone from running a mile to travelling 3 miles to get the freshest fish as I cannot get enough of it. My next job is to be able to eat salmon which has a way more fishy taste and include seaweed in my diet.
Other than that I am trying to create a sleep rhythm that allows me to sleep 8 hours solid. I had mixed success with that until now. Today though I woke up after 9 hours refreshing sleep. The secret maybe was earplugs.
Made a sesame and macadamia pancake to imitate bread. Good enough as a base for liver pate which I was looking for.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:43 AM   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleina View Post
Anecdote coming up : Just before going out I thought that my face looked younger. Well it must do because when I got on the bus a guy got up for me as I was obviously (thankfully in his mind only ) pregnant.
Conclusions: 1. I am still bigger than I think but
2. look young enough to be considered pregnant ( I'm going on 50!!)

I don't know if I am pleased or not ...
Well, you don't KNOW he thought you were pregnant. Maybe he just thought you were a HOT YOUNG THING!!!!!!!!!! Polite may have nothing to do with pregnancy or such! You laugh about it, that's good!
Old 07-15-2013, 05:44 AM   #239

I didn't sleep well last night, I am glad someone did!
Old 07-15-2013, 06:44 AM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Good morning,good morning Nancy.

85.3 kilos today. Not a great change but at least a change.
You have got to laugh. Yesterday the opposite happened to me. I was at the checkout queue where pregnant ladies have priorities and comes a lady who must have got pregnant in the car park from all that she showed and the cashier sent me to the back of the queue. Vindication!

Sorry you did not sleep so well. I had another great 8.5 hours as the house was cold which I love. Very hot where you are right now?