Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 06:16 AM   #91
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Jump back in on the workouts today! No worries for a few missed days!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2013, 06:32 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aleina
Stats: 224/ 172.9 31 Jan /150
WOE: Epi Paleo
Start Date: 15 Nov 2012 various WOES
Thank you for stopping by and encouraging me,Monica.
Have a great start to the week.
I will take the dog to the park today. I am sure she has forgotten her ordeal by now ...
Aleina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:43 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Well, 89.3 today. I lived on plan yesterday, but did not do anything extra to help move the number except to do a 5 fat soup. I am cooking rice for the dog. She got hold of a chicken carcass yesterday and I was worried but it has been 15 hours , she has gone and no signs of damage.Still,she is getting all bland food today.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:55 AM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

OH poor Doggie. WHY Do they do that? Mine will do the same thing. Hopefully she stays well!
Old 05-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Hi Nancy,thank you. Dog knows why they do it...
She is fine though, not very happy with her rice diet but it will pass . Other than that she is her usual boisterous self. She is a big dog so I kind of hoped that it was worry for nothing.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:38 AM   #96
Big Yapper!!!!

I hope you were worried for nothing too!

Hope you have a GREAT Wednesday!
Old 05-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Good, but hectic day .I did not even get to check in ths morning.Well weigh in 89.4 today.
Thanks Nancy the dog is fine today meaning the chicken carcass did not do her any harm. Well I hope she enjoyed it because it is the first and the last.
Gotta run again.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:06 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Glad doggie is ok

How are your workouts going?

My extra hours at work have meant I'm to tired to attempt anything but I'm doing a 5km walk for Cancer Research at the end of June so need to be quite a bit fitter by then x
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:01 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Genie. I must admit I have not done anything in the exercise department after the initial euphoria. Great idea to do that 5km walk. Eating well but it does not show on the scale . 89,2 kilos today.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

A quick update on my culinary adventures . I made the revolution rolls and I must say what a waste of an egg that could have terminated life as a beautiful scrambled egg . To me it tastes of a dry omelette so ,so no bread substitute for me .It is what it is.

I made some ricotta and jello mix desserts. Those are a hit but I fear they might be what is stalling me.They give me cravings that can only be described as a searing hunger.So after this batch they go.
I am allowing wine again but I have restricted cheese.I will have to play around and see what is stalling me. I may not be eating perfectly but I do deserve to lose something. In general I am still eating induction foods ,the vegetables being peppers,cauli,green beans and tomato pulp.
And thatīs all I gotta say about that..

[SIZE="1"CMy journal : http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...626-50-go.html

Everything and nothing is poison. The amount alone decides whether it becomes a poison or not -Paracelsus[/SIZE]
Old 05-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Oooh the satisfaction,easily the best meal I have had in ages real German brats from a butcher trained in Frankfurt and fresh sauerkraut. To boot it is low carb heaven . Granted the brats must have had some carbs. but not many,you could tell that the filling was meat only ( by the price tag,too) . In truth I probably have not had that good a brat since I last visited Germany years and years ago. Ooooh , the nostalgia. The good news is that the butcher is a 45 minute bus ride away.

Last edited by Aleina; 05-16-2013 at 05:56 PM..
Old 05-17-2013, 03:02 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Ooooh the German sausages sound fantastic!!!!
The scale isn't my friend either at the moment, I've not even lost what I put on last week but I am seeing Non Scale Victories so that's keeping me going x
Old 05-17-2013, 06:09 AM   #103
Big Yapper!!!!

I never liked the revolutionary rolls or the oopsies either! I too would need to add back in WINE, I can't live without it!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
I too would need to add back in WINE, I can't live without it!
I was thinking the same.... I'm picking a bottle (or 2!) up on the way home from work x
Old 05-18-2013, 04:26 AM   #105
Big Yapper!!!!

How's it going ???
Old 05-18-2013, 05:13 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Good morning guys ,thanks all for stopping by. Rushed off mny feet at the moment so I have not been in to report. Weight the same at 89.2 kilos. I will stop in tonight to write more. Have a great saturday and weekend everyone !
Old 05-19-2013, 05:19 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Well,good Sunday morning. Weighed in today at 89.2same old same old.I am thinking of what I could do starting tomorrow.One thought just popped into my head and that is not having breakfast just bulletproof coffee and then a good lunch. It could work as breakfast is more of a nice habit. Few days I am actually hungry. That might be a step forward.
I do see differences though in the way my clothes fit. My Mexican jeans do not feel as snug as they used to. I wore them all day and theye were fine did not pinch and the muffintop was less pronounced. I also wore heels for the first time again,I mean heels that are not platform sole heels and it wa sfine. I tottered but I managed to do all my errands in them so good going.
I did have a thought though.Sunday morning brakfast needs sweet coffee.Teh creamy one is ok,quite nice but it does not have that AHHH effect. Something to consider for maintenance time.
Exercise I cannot claim, none of the heart rate increasing type anyway. I walk on average between 1 and 2 miles a day,going to stores and buses at a good city style clip.

On another note a friend has asked me if I would like something brought back from the States. I have no idea. I went through all of the Walmart site looking for ideas. I went through all the diet products and decided that none of them are worth carrying. Worse still what if I like them. So make up it will be I think. I lost all of my stuff in the flooding so that might be a nice treat as the selection here is more limited. Yes, that sits right with me. So more perusing of the Walmart site
Old 05-20-2013, 06:32 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

finally some new smaller numbers

weigh in today 88.9 kilos or 195.8 I am not sure if Ihave been there before or if it was the illusion due to defective scales. Anyway it makes me ever so slightly pleased. Now something beginning with 87 would be nice. I will try to be 100% perfect today meaning drinking my water and picking up on that HIT exercise again. I would think that I could even do something in the garden running up the stairs or something. It is only 4 minutes in the day. Come on Aleina.
Other than that I made a terrific recipe that is induction week 2 friendly.
Hungarian gulash soup :
1 lb beef cut in small cubes cleaned of all sinew fat etc
1 kielbasa/kolbascz sausage cut into same size
2 green peppers
hot paprika powder to taste
sweet paprika powder 1 tbsp
1 chile if you cannot find hot paprika or like the soup extra spicy
2 onions
tomato pulp ( basically the lowest carb tomato like tasting sauce you can find) I added a pancetta onion broth cube as the original recipe calls for 12 onions and that simply cannot be done.

Basically you brown the meats with the finely chopped onion ,add water to soup consistency and let the whole thing stew for an hour. Add the peppers and cook for 30 mins more. Another good addition if you want the soup to be a bit more bulky is shredded cabbage. Serve with a dollop of sour cream
Old 05-21-2013, 06:17 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

[SIZE="2"]88.7 kilosor 195.4 lbs getting there real slowwwww but getting....[/Nothing more to tell for now. I have not realised my plan not to have breakfast so I am currently enjoying my eggs and salami. SIZE]
Old 05-22-2013, 06:08 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

88.8 kilos or 195.6 . Old jeans are way too big for me now,only one pair fits right. As I always do I seem to have lost on my thighs fiirst
Old 05-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

I decided that I would add yogurt to my diet and other fermented foods for a while. I have an idea or hunch that it may help with general wellbeing. What has struck me with Atkins this time around is that I donīt have the energy high that I had on previous rounds. A nose around various naturopathy sites has given me that idea.
Oh and conversely wine is the only fermented food that has got the boot at least for the moment. In comes apple tea and chocolate which surprisingly are enhanced by Stevia.
Another thing out is cheese,only allowed as a flavouring agent as in parmesan cheese for example. In comes coconut macaroons so all in all my carb count will go up to 30 or 40 per day.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

An afternoon of reading and the new rules as of tomorrow
No carbohydrates with breakfast or dinner , only protein fat combination
eg eggs with butter
ratio protein fat carbohydrates 1 : 3 : 0,5 to be reduced to 1:1:0.5 in the course of time
No snacks 3 meals a day
no sweet food
biological cheese only
meat without meat juices, grilled fried
no pork
no chicken unless organic
eat more raw food
no wine for now.

two main problems with this for me. I donīt like fatty meats ,the ones I like I cannot have ( pork products ) and the entertainment value is nil. I love cooking am creative with it but this is barebone eating. The learning experience here is that food is nice but should not have entertainment value.Hence the no sweet things.
Oh well this is the plan, gathered from Atkins, Lutz and Josef Stocker.Letīs see how I can make it work.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

88.6 kilos or 195.1 Nice but I ainīt buying it yet. Had black coffee with ccnut oil today,no cream. Surprisingly nice. Today the first breakfast with just carbs minus carb creep although I don't think so. The idea behind that is to extend the fat burning action until midday which is supposed to be possibel ifyou do not start the day with carbs.We shall see.On another note another daywith muzzy head and little energy. Letīs see if this new regime helps .
Old 05-23-2013, 07:26 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

88.6 kilos or 195.1 Nice but I ainīt buying it yet.
Had black coffee with ccnut oil today,no cream. Surprisingly nice. Today the first breakfast with just carbs minus carb creep although I don't think so. The idea behind that is to extend the fat burning action until midday which is supposed to be possible if you do not start the day with carbs. We shall see.

On another note another day with muzzy head and little energy. Letīs see if this new regime helps .

Last edited by Aleina; 05-23-2013 at 07:39 AM..
Old 05-24-2013, 05:02 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

and today 89.1 which is kind of expected with TOM at the garden gate.Still annoying though.Not much to say except that yesterday the sprint with the dog felt remarkabaly easy ,the worst part was the jeans falling down turning running into a hop skip and jump. Strange thing is that I feel slimmer everyday, but the scale has absolutely no intention of acknowkledging me. We shall see what this new idea will bring. I will start listing my food again though:

B : 1 egg, 1 0z hamburger meat ,25 0zs coffee with coconut oil

L : stirfry made of red cabbage,green peppers,green beans and a bit of hamburger meat
D : oven roasted rumpsteak if I can find grass fed one .

My local supermarket has their own herds and all their beef comes from grassland without a surcharge . Well it is a tad more expensive,but nothing like the labeled grassfed beef . I would imagine that it could not be called biological but at least it is better than stationary cow meat .

As you can see I am still clinging on to my coffee. It will be the last thing to go if my scale does not move soon . I have a quite nice herbal tea made with Boldo,peppermint,chamomile,lemon verbena and carqueja .It has a sweet aftertaste like Rooibos red tea so it is a nice drink without any artificial sweeteners. It has helped me make inroads with my liquid intake.Yesterday I reached something like 2 litres or 71 ozs in total not including coffee,very rare for me .

Last edited by Aleina; 05-24-2013 at 05:03 AM..
Old 05-25-2013, 04:40 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Had no time to check in this morning as we went out for a day sail. I did weigh this morning and back to 88.8 . Hey ho. Tomorrow I will write more as today I am just too tired.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:45 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

[SIZE="2"]weigh in today 88.6 .I actually think it is a tad lower as conditions of weighing were unequal today. ( I will spare you the details)Tomorrow it will show, guaranteed haha.

Well, yesterday turned into a full day's sailing which due to the short but high river waves meant a full lower body tonification. Basically as the boat leans due to the windforce ,with crew riding on the high side always, you need to leverage yourself so as not to be thrown to the windward side or worse overboard. It seems like nothing at the time, gentle hip movements and exerting some light pressure against the cockpit floor to stay in place. Today I feel every muscle in my lower body. Good as the HIT training has not even commenced yet. Food confessions for yesterday were 4 potato chips, eaten on purpose to get some carbs as I had not prepared and did not want to spend the day sailing with a headache and a nip of whisky which is technically allowed, but which I wanted to avoid for now. But as it was a friendīs boat I am unfamiliar with the deembarkment and considering that locarb has reduced my tolerance to very close to zero I felt it prudent to nip only, so as not to make a splash.

As far as the new rules are concerned I have been living them only partially. I still eat the occasional pork and have not been able to do the carbs at lunchtime only rule. I need to do some serious shopping to get worthy carbs. I need to have a bit more than the 20g Atkins proposes so I am aiming for 30. It has made quite a bit of difference in my feeling of wellbeing. Breakfats without carbs are surprisingly easy. Breakfats was originally a spelling mistake but thinking about it is quite apt a term.

I can't remember if I explained the carbs at lunchtime only. The idea is that after 5pm the body prepares for the fatburning process. If you give it carbs at dinnertime the process is disturbed, carbs need to be metabolised first and then back to fats. Protein is also not ideal after this time, but less disturbing to the fat burning process. Protein only at breakfast has the same idea. Supposedly the body stays in fat burning mode until around midday, if you do not feed it carbs. Well, that is the theory. I do not think that there is much scientific evidence, at best anecdotal. But it seems logical, so I decided to believe it.

Another thing about coconut oil. I am distrusting the oil I am buying. It seemd to be desodorised as the only other one I bought had a waymore coconutty smell. I googled it and there seem to be different characteristics as to what is a good oil. But while googling I came across a very easy way to make coconut oil. Cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil I assume that would be. Going hunting for coconuts next week.
SIZE]

Last edited by Aleina; 05-26-2013 at 05:46 AM.. Reason: add another phrase
Old 05-27-2013, 05:16 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Good Monday morning! Weighin today 88.2 a 0.4 kilo loss or almost a lb down from yesterday. In pounds I weigh 194.3 .Nice a new number even here. Other than that so far nothing to tell .
Old 05-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

A nutty coconut day

Well, I have been reading a lot about the coconut products available to me, Basically I can't really judge the quality as I only have no label products that you buy loose available. So I had the idea to google if you can make coconut oil and milk and lo and behold you can .To boot you get coconut flour as a byproduct.
Today I made the milk which is just as well as a pint now costs 7 dollars . I made close to a pint and it cost me $1 ... Ok it is not organic but neither is the 7 dolllar one. Tomorrow I will make the oil from fresh coconut and some coconut bread with the coconut flour . I have attached a pic .The floating white stuff is coconut cream.You stick a spoon in and it leaves an indentation which is the best and most expensive "milk" The liquid below is the water that filtered out .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coconut milk.jpg (19.7 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Aleina; 05-27-2013 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: did notr attach pic
Old 05-28-2013, 05:48 AM   #120
Big Yapper!!!!

Let me know how that goes. Coconut oil/milk and such, that's stuff I haven't even begun to try. I hate coconuts and how they taste....does the milk/oil have the same taste?