Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 05:58 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aleina
Stats: 224/ 172.9 31 Jan /150
WOE: Epi Paleo
Start Date: 15 Nov 2012 various WOES
Ahh,heavy cream is allowed. I "only " doubled the allowance..

I forgot to mention the rains.They were kind to us, but other folks were under water again and they had not evenrecovered from the last one. Terrible.
Aleina is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2013, 07:38 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Testing tickertape..
Old 05-05-2013, 06:13 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

weigh in 195.6 or 88.8 kilos This I am liking. Nothing to tell today beyond that. Let´s see if this is a trend or a fluke. I can say though that Atkins original against expectations sits well with me.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

A good day all round. I started the day odff with my usual eggs and ham and coffeee with cream,lunch was 2 ozs of cheese,salami and olives on the boat and dinner was an omelette pizza,basically an open omelette with pizza toppings.The latter was highly satisfying.
I also discovered a heavy cream ,called double cream here that says it has more than 50% fat and the ingredient list is one item: cream from milk.It says i t has no carbs . I spent some time trying to verify it and decided it was not worth the efffort.I put cream in my morning coffees and if it has 0.4 carbs or none is not important as it amounts to at most 2cqarbs during the day something I can easily build in to my plan. What does impress me though that there are no stabilisers,no emulsion agents nothing. I love that about here. You can still get real things that are not overpackaged overhyped and most of all not overpriced.

[SIZE="1"CMy journal : http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...626-50-go.html

Everything and nothing is poison. The amount alone decides whether it becomes a poison or not -Paracelsus[/SIZE]
Old 05-06-2013, 05:28 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

weigh in 195.6 or 88.8 kilos same as yesterday .Well , it is what it is.
I don´t have much to tell really. Atkins 72 is boring as far as tales go as you can only say so much about the combos of egg,meat and fat you have concocted. I made a mock pizza yesterday with an open omelette as a base and I did use 2 tbsp of tomato pulp which only comes in at 1g carbs as opposed to regular tomato sauce. Technically that was a cheat but this kind of thing I am not too worried about For me induction week 1 is veggies with only 1 carb per portion for me that is chinese leaves/pak choi,and radish. The tomato pulp was a considered extra in a day when all I had was half a cup of pak choi (1 carb) and the pepper which was 2 carbs. Add to that 3 carbs,to be generous in the estimate of cream, and I should have only consumed 8 carbs including the tomato pulp

So I did talk some after all ..
Old 05-06-2013, 06:03 AM   #66
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I bet that omlette pizza was good. I love egg, I never ever get tired of them!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, it was. I made another one today. Here is a pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg egg pizza.JPG (85.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 05-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hooligan
Stats: 245/210/145
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: August 2, 2012
That pizza omelet looks fabulous! I only wished I liked eggs! I'm the idiot with 15 chickens and I don't like eggs much. I'll eat them, but only fried and only occasionally. Good thing the family loves them!
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for stopping by H. Glad you like it.It was an emergency invention as the meat offering at the supermarket on Sunday was abysmal. I would love to have eggs as fresh as the ones from your hens.

Well,in other news I have got induction flu,muzzy head ,dizziness a bit of headache and I could fall asleep at 8.15pm.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:21 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

197.6 lbs or 89.7 kilosHow does that happen ? I have a suspicion of not enough water but Tomorrow is another day. Gotta run for now ,heading for an appointment.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:44 AM   #71

Maybe you shouldn't weigh daily? The fluctuations sometimes can drive a person BATTY!??!?!?

That omlette looks amazing! I think I could chow on that too!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Hiya Nancy , no nothing to worry about if itis just a fluke. If itgoes tehwrong way for a week it is different. I was surprised and bemused this morning as yesterday i had that distincltly lighter feeling but as I had not drunk even one ounce of water it might have something to do with nothing happening.

Well, feeling tired today.I had to get up for an appointment early and while normally not a problem today I had no energy. Not much hunger either , I had some salami rounds and cheese for lunch and my usual 3 eggs with salami for breakfast. Tonight I will make that chicken stirfry I had planned for yesterday.Last night´s pot roast which I made instead turned out tough, so I ate very little.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

What a listless afternoon . I did not wnt to do anything . I had the great idea though to have a snack and I wanted it to be soup so I made a chili heavy broth with hamburger coconut oil,some cabbage and 3 olives. I feel so much better that I can acctually go out now. The soup hit the spot as I had been feeling cold all day .It is relatively cold but usually cold is my preferrred weather and when it happens I relish it . So off to the shops before the energy leaves me again.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hooligan
Stats: 245/210/145
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: August 2, 2012
I hate those low energy days...I feel like I have way to many of them. I'm glad you found something to boost yourself up! Sail on, sailor!
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:30 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Hooli ! Nice to see you here .

Well weigh in today 196.4 or 89.2 kilos I am beginning to wonder if my body is telling me that I cannot squeeze anything more out of that induction thing. This is just a reflection though, I will stay on it until the end of the 2 week period and longer, if it brings results by then. So yesterday´s menu was like this

B 3 eggs, salami,bulletproof coffee
L 2 ozs cheese, maybe 2ozs salami
S hell soup made of hamburger,3 chilis,broth,3 olives and 1 tbsp tomato pulp and 1 tsp heavy cream
D chicken fillet about 8 ozs, 1 cup peppers, 3 chilis,a few strips chinese cabbage for flavour,madras curry seasoning and 2 tbsps coconut milk

Drinks: 10 ozs green tea,8 ozs plain water and 20 ozs sparkling water

The dinner was highly satisfying. I have come to the conclusion that one of the problems is that I only like lean meats so I need to build my fat up around that as otherwise I have a protein fat imbalance. Hence the coconut milk.

This morning's breakfast was 3 small eggs,1 oz salami ,1 oz cheese and 3 chilis. Fried with 1 tbsp sunflower oil.

Oh I meant to coment why hell soup. Yesterday as I did not want to do much I looked through other forums and came up with this headline, so naturally I had to find out. Basically it is a soup similar to mine which due to the chili is supposed to move you from a weight plateau due to the metabolism boost by the capsaicin. Well, I would say that you would need a lot more capsaicin to get that effect or maybe being a chile head my taste buds are just jaded. Anyway it was entertaining to read as the people who tried it described their ordeal of the chilisoup and it gave me an idea what would help me out of my energy and mood slump that afternoon. I might make that soup my lunch as I am not all that hungry around that time but would appreciate something tasty and small which is probably why I always end up with salami.

Last edited by Aleina; 05-08-2013 at 05:32 AM.. Reason: for sloppy typing which I see only AFTER sending..
Old 05-08-2013, 05:57 AM   #76

Sounds like you have a plan. Don't give up. That number will move down. With your dediction, it certainly will!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:04 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Nancy . It is nice to hear that in the morning before yet another day.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:07 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Totals Cals 1787 Fat 139.9 Carbs 11.2 Protein 119.7

That is sort of what yesterday´s food amounts to. It looks like the first time the proportions are right.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Saw a very interesting thread in the exercise forum. The three minute workout. I thought initially that it was just another faddy thing, but a bit of research showed me different.The BBC Horizon programme seemed convincing. Additionally it costs nothing to try, does not take time and might work .What´s not to like. I will start tomorrow.Using my hurting ankle as an excuse not to try it today.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:55 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

195.8 or 88.9 kilos a step in the right direction,maybe it was the water I finally drank. Still tired all day but much less so.Week 2 of induction,planning to add cauliflower and tomato pulp on a regular basis. Nothing else to report so far.Let´s see how the day goes.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:14 AM   #81

You keep up girl! You are doing so well! Funny when introducing Tomato and Cauliflower is exciting! That is the life of LC though! Have you tried the Cauli pizza crust?
Old 05-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Thank you. You made me laugh. Indeed a strange world we live in. No, I have not tried it yet. In a previous tangle wth South Beach I made cauliflower fritters, but never the pizza. I made the rice, too. It is what I am looking forward to at the moment, having a side to my slabs of meat.

And news just in: HIT is a hit ! I just came back from the park with my alibi. My alibi being the dog and HIT being my new 3 minute exercise programme. Why alibi I hear you say? Well, I thought it would look rather suspicious, if a grown woman breaks into an all out sprint, wearing street clothes or at least it would seem funny. So the dog that always begs for a walk got more than she bargained for and so did I .

The principle of HIT is this: You cycle/run at an all out pace trying to involve all muscles you possibly can for 30 seconds then rest for 30 seconds. You repeat that 4 times. 3 times a week . End of routine...
Here is more of an explanation from a Daily Mail article with a link to the BBC Horizon programme. I am not sure, if it only works with a stationary bike as they say. I saw other videos on youtube as part of the same kind of experiment that involved all out running. In this five week exercise the guy doing this routine lost the most weight, 6 kilos in five weeks. Let´s see if I can match his losses. Careful, there was another HIT programme in the seventies. This is NOT the same thing.
Here is the link to the Daily Mail article

How three minutes of exercise a week could change your life | Mail Online

Result: the dog won´t even look at me now. She is dead to the world, asleep. I am only marginally better. The first 30 seconds were like "this is fun I feel a kid again " the second burst: " I must be counting wrong 30 secs are not that long " Burst 3 and 4 : " 20 seconds must do today, tomorrow I will do better" What I thought was going to turn out another fad kicked me in the bee hind. I will keep it up though, for the sake of the dog of course who seems to have less stamina than me .
Old 05-10-2013, 05:13 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Weigh in with a difference ! The scale showed 88.4 and then straight after 89.6, so I am either down or up a pound. I need to change the battery againa as after being flooded the scales have developed a fault and don't switch off when they should. Short entry today,need to go out
Old 05-10-2013, 06:23 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Just reading through your journal Aleina
Keep up the good work girl, I agree with Monica though and maybe you'd be best not to weigh every day. I know how hard it is & I always do it for a few weeks but I've instructed my boyfriend now to hide the scales from me so I can only weigh on a Friday morning I know some people weigh in every other week because our bodies naturally fluctuate 1-2lbs.
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:01 AM   #85

OH girl, you made me LAUGH OUT LOUD with your description of HIT with your dog! Has the dog forgiven you yet????

Chin up girl! The SCALE IS A LIAR AND A CHEAT!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
I've just been looking into the HIT theory..... I've got an eliptical trainer at home (which is sat in the corner being used more for a coat hanger right now) I may have to have a go at this.... wonder how it will effect asthma?? x
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Nancy for the encouraging words. Thanks Genie 80 for stopping by and reading all my ramblings.

I saw your comments about not weighing daily on the boat today. Thank you for your concern in that regard and I can see how I could come over as obsessed with numbers but it really does not feel that way. Of course I am annoyed when the scale does not show the previous day´s efforts, but it does not last past the second coffee of the day. If you will , it is on the same level as checking email to see if something needs to be addressed quickly.
I do take note of other measures,for example I was proudly wearing my previously too tight jeans ,theh Mexican ones for the ones who have been reading. So if I report weight every day it is for analysis not to dwll on it or feel bad the rest of the day.

Genie, I am glad you want to try the HIT thing. I think it has merit but I am not sure how it does affect asthma. I certainly felt tight chested and out of breqth when I finished . I guess if you were to imagine running for the bus , the last bus for the night in a doubtful area ,that would be the sort of effort I am talking about. How would that affect you, bearing in mind it is running for 4 buses in a very short space of time ?

Nancy , the dog has forgiven me I think. I was out all day so she has not got her walk today nor me any exercise of the HIT kind. If she hides next time the leash comes out we will know what´s what. I think though that I squared thingswith her with a large beef bone last night so we may be good to go for a second bout.

Oh and I got a fireman´s lift yesterday for no other reason than that it is now possible.

Signing off for tonight with a recap of my meals

B 3 eggs,3 slices chorizo,1oz cheese and 174 cup green beans
Extra bullet proof coffee as I knew I would be out all day

L 1 ounce cheese

D soup made of 1/2 cup peppers and chilis ,6 ozs pork loin ,tomato pulp and coconut milk-. 2 ozs brie cheese

Note to self : did not like being ravenous at dinner time so need morelunch food. Today I could not eat more as the salami I had borught was a new kind and quite frankly disgusting.

Last edited by Aleina; 05-10-2013 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: proof reading after sending
Old 05-11-2013, 05:27 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

weigh in with new battery 89.3 kilos 196.6 kilos .It looksliek the fluctuation was due to the battery
Todya I will hit up the dog to go for my HIT training with me again.Let´s see how we do. Nothing new to report so far.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:59 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Good morning folks ,weigh in today 89 kilos or 196 kilos. Not much change to report.

I have not upped my carb intake yet,in fact I lowered it still to only what is carbcreep in protein products . It was not something I consciously did, it just happened that there were only radishes in the house and I cannot find a way to make them palatable. I tried them roasted and I could not even eat them. Fresh they make a nice little sandwich but get old quickly for me anyway.
I bought cauliflower and green beans though so tomorrow I will use of that.

Today is a day of mostly being out so it will be picnic food and a barbecue at the end of the day. Maybe I get to do the 4 mins exercise I di not do yesterday. For that read make myself do it.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:01 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Good morning peeps. Weigh in today 89.6. My weight is going up and down like a yoyo. I am playing with the same 2 pounds all the time. I will to have to think of something . One idea is change the fat protein ratio drastically for a day or two. I also have a suspicion that the extra pound from yesterday is due to too much salt and too little water.

I am not complaining about the daily fluctuations. What I see though is that after two weeks nearly of Atkins 72 my actual sustained loss is 2.5 lbs or thereabouts. Now it is entirely possible that this is what my metabolism can do for now, but I sure would like to speed it up just a little. I had not expected to loose 10 lbs for example as others have done as I have been on the LC woe in some way or another for a while but 4 or 5 would have been nice.
Don´t get me wrong. I am not about to throw in the towel or throw myself of a cliff . Neither am I looking for a "lose 10 lbs in a day sleeping" type WOE. What I would like to achieve is a steady loss of 2 lbs a week. More and I would have to deal with things like loose skin which might happen anyway but at least it won't happen through losing too fast.

So today is another day,technically day 12 of induction.
Oh and I have to confess that on the weekend I did not do any HIT exercise. I guess I better schedule the workouts for work days as I seem to be a tad more motivated. Not much more for now,the griping session is over. Time to do stuff.