zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aleina
Stats: 224/ 172.9 31 Jan /150
WOE: Epi Paleo
Start Date: 15 Nov 2012 various WOES
Thank you !! I finally measured the jeans and they come out as a 36 inch waist. I was previously a 38 or 40 before starting lowcarb again.
I learned something new today. I bought radishes with a lot of leaves and wondered if you can eat them. It seem you can and I did. They are ok. With the radish itself I made "faux fried potatoes"

Last edited by Aleina; 04-26-2013 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: add info about dinner
Aleina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:19 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

weigh in today 196.1 or 89.1 kilos that is 3.6 pounds or 1.6 kilos lost in 6 days
No wonder the jeans fit all over sudden. And just today I was thinking that while I am not really hungry on this diet I do not enjoy the food for the most part. I was thinking of switching to South beach, but with these results I may hold out a week longer and then see. Never mind bread,I miss veggies in more quantity.
What worries me is that I have woken up with back ache in the lumbar region for the last two nights. While I sleep on an uncomfortable mattress it had not affected me previously to kicking up the fat intake. My worry is that my kidneys are working overtime. I will kick up the water intake today and see if it affects the back ache.I have also been given some back exercises.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Confession time ..

I am currently enjoying the remains of my Malbec Rose. I allowed myself an experiment today. By default I did not feel hungry for lunch so I skipped it. When I got back I was hungry but wanted to wait until dinner so I had 2 tsps of coconut oil. Dinner was 2 franks, 4 radishes,a handful of pak choi and radish leaves with chili sauce and a tsp of mascarpone cheese to take the edge of the chili . I purposefully left drinking wine to the middle of the meal to judge what my reaction is to my concoction and halfway through I decided hat this would not fill me up.So I started on the wine and then had 8 olives and 2 ozs of brie cheese. I am still hungry ! What I don't know if it is the effect of teh wine or the abstinence from food at lunch time. I will have my customary cream cheese,mascarpone sweet mix around ten and see if that does the trick.I will repeat this tomorrow with the 3 meals at their proper times and if I stillfeel unsatisfied then the wine does give me cravings and needs to go.It alsoneeds to go if there is a significant increase in weight tomorrow ,significant being one lb or more .
So this what might be a scientific experiment or an exercise in self delusion. Tomorrow will tell.

On a side note what cheap dates us lowcarbers make! One large glass of wine and I feel as if I imbibed a bottle.

We will speak tomorrow.

PS : Backache is better after treatment with plenty of internalised water.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:00 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

195.8 or 88.9 kilos So the wine did not do me any harm.Good to know but interesting as well that I did not enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I kept thinking there goes 3 ozs of cauliflower jaja. I am not sure yet what I will do about it,an idea is to have wine on weekends only. I guess it was more urgent to know if I can have it than actually having it.
I had a strange night though. Backache and insomnia. Now I do not sleep that well normally but I have not stayed awake till 5am in a long time.It is 11 am now or thereabouts and I am only just waking up ,even tough I have been on my feet for an hour already.Rambling...stopping for now.
PD: The photo is of breakfast ,4 eggs,ham,pak choi and chili sauce. Lesson of the day: Pak choi for breakfast is not really palatable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg breakfast 28-4.JPG (73.6 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Aleina; 04-28-2013 at 07:02 AM.. Reason: add explanatory note about photo
Old 04-28-2013, 07:19 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Passing thought: I wonder if you can reduce waist circumference by 3/4 inch in a week. Reason for the stange thought is that I discovered sailing trousers I bought and never fit me.It would be kind of nice to end the season in them.Well if it is not this week thennext week. We are supposed to have some more warm weather.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:29 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hooligan
Stats: 245/210/145
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: August 2, 2012
Keep up the good work Aleina! I've enjoyed reading your daily reports. Keep posting!
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Hooligan. I was just wondering this morning actually what people make of my ramblings on. I do look in on you,too but have not posted.
I love the ticker tape in your signature. A wonderful achievement,keep going as well !
We had a storm last night all night and it seems to have cleared the atmosphere.I thought it would not be sailing weather until next Fri but it is,so off I go !
TTFN!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:24 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

196.6 or 89.3 kilosalmost up a pound. Was it the wine the salt overdose,dehydration or TOM ? No idea .I will continue as I am,have wine occasionally. I made a deal withmyself yesterday that if I drink my water as I should the next day I can have a glass of wine I felt vey hungry yesterday at lunch time for some reason.
Well there are no eggs in the house so I am having turkey roll ups withcream cheese and bulletproof coffee.I am not that hungry today,in fact I used to enjoy breakfast and was always hungry,now not so much in general.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:16 AM   #40
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
SOunds like a good plan on the wine! I love my wine too, couldn't really start a plan that wouldn't allow it!

Sounds like your hunger is going too!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2013, 05:06 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone weigh in today 196.8 or 89.4 kilos I lived on plan with too much cheese though. Hmmm,kick the wine out again? Today no wine for sure.Woe is me,but it is my way of eating so I gotta own it.

Zipp2play thank you for the support. Yes my hunger is going down it seems but I noticed that without my eggs in the morning I overate at lunch time and at dinner time I had the cheese clight swirly mascarpone cheese but I had not needed it. So the plan for today is more fat less protein and that consistently until the weekend. I amnot sure the wine will fit into this so I will look for soemthing else tasty and sippable.

In other news I went shopping for psyllium husk and shirataki pasta. I struck out on both of them so far. There is one more chance for the pasta in the Japanese supermarket,the chinese ones do not seem to carry it. I am not getting my hopes up as with the import mratorium not many non vital things get imported The Psyllium is used here in ready preparations like Metamucil but no husks. However in the search I walked a good 3 miles some of it with shopping so that should count for exercise I think. Well, going to run to the corner store now for my eggs, which among all this I forgot to buy yesterday and then breakfast .

Last edited by Aleina; 04-30-2013 at 05:07 AM..
Old 04-30-2013, 06:28 AM   #42

At our grocery stores the Shirataki is kept near the mushrooms and such in the veggie section. Is that where you were looking?
Old 04-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Thank you . I was looking at everything in a bag that resembled noodles of any kind.That is why it took me ages.It takes a bit of time for things to arrive at the end of the world usually a few years jaja. I will check out the supermarket which was the first Oriental super to arrive and hope I am lucky.If not I will concoct other stuff.

Good day today, more fat less cheese and a glass of wine, not giving up on it yet. Realise I might have to though.

We went sailing today ,nice autumn day.That should amount to a bit of exercise then.

We are expecting alot of rain again this Friday. I will spend tomorrow making the house floodproof. They are predicting a rain rate of 4 inches per hour. It might be another breakfast with the neighbours on the terrace waiting for the waters to go down. And yes if it comes to that it will be bulletproof coffee for said breakfast.
I did try the sailing trousers after all. Not a chance to put them on even though they are the right waist size . No surprise as they are hipsters ...I had bought them in a sale not paying much attention.So they are one of the final goals now. First are the Mexican jeans.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:32 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

weighin today 196.2 or 89.1 kilos Let´s see how this continues.This was with cheese dessert and with wine.Aspartame gives me the munchies,stevia does not do anything for me. I will give it the last try in baking whne the time comes for muffins and such like and then it will sit in the cupboard for a long time. So yesterday´s meals were as follows
B 3 eggs 2 slices ham,butter coconut oil one chili
L 3 ozs salami, 3 ozs gouda cheese
D I steak 3 broccoli stalks ( yeuch decided that the dog would be more grateful for them than me and gave her the rest,4 ozs mascarpone cheese (approx)
2 glasses wine

Not much more for now. Awaiting today´s rains which should not be too bad. Friday is the day for the torrential rains.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:33 AM   #45

OH I hope you don't get any flooding from all the rain!
Old 05-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Thank you zipp2play .For today we did well with little rain.Two more days to go.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

The pizza ......

Well,the supermarkets surprised me today. It is labor day here and in previous years they paid their staff extra to stay open.Well,looks like this year their earnings don't warrant it .That left me with only the chinese supermarket and its limited selection. Here is what I came up with for dinner
Take 4 radishes, chop and dryfry in a wok , add a cup of bean sprouts and puree all in a blender adding an egg to make a pizza base. After baking it I put it into the freezer to unstick it from the pizza tray. Sounds blech but here it is .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pizza base.JPG (92.6 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Aleina; 05-01-2013 at 04:30 PM..
Old 05-01-2013, 04:28 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

that turned into ....

a sandwich......
You may have guessed it .The pizza stuck to the tray bottom and I could only pry it off in large chunks and by then my motivation to turn it into pizza had waned. So a sandwich it became .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg base.JPG (69.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-02-2013, 05:14 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

going backwards ..

[Weighin today 89.3 or 196.6 kilos
Time to face facts. The dessert and the wine must go. I never ate dessert before starting this Atkins style induction so no need to start now. My losses are not anything like the "promised " poundage so I need to get stricter.
The wine ? Well it will still be there after the induction period.So the reward is a really nice bottle to be imbibed in a new dress when the phase ends.

The new dress does not even need to be bought. I have a collection of special offers that never were my size but of the "soon would be my size" I had a whole suitcase full as I discovered as said suitcase was flooded and the colour ran into the other clothes.Nice , especially as the blouse that is fashionable again which I bought 10 years ago and never fit me now fits. Tiedye look anyone ? Well, I was told it looks original. Can´t be bad.

Another thing I realised when I plugged my menu and amounts into ****** is that my percentages between protein and fat are about even. I am not a fan of meat and the meat I eat needs to be lowfat like steak or lean ground beef. I will have to see how to overcome this.The simplest method seems to be butter on everything. Let´s see what creativity brings.

Ok,so drawing a line in the sand this induction period will last until the 14th of May.

The rain until now has not been bad.Luckily the weather situation lacked the spark it needed to rain hard. We are still under a meteorological alert though with the worst weather forecast for tomorrow . Fingers crossed
Old 05-02-2013, 05:18 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Ah I did not realise that you cannot mention other sites on here ( the site edited the name into ******) to do with diet, even though it is just a calculator of products. I never looked into the tool box here . I will see if there is anything suitable from here to be able to quote it. No biggie if not.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:03 AM   #51

Induction till May 14th, sounds like a plan. Giving up the wine, for me, would be the tough part!

Hoping you don't get horrific amounts of rain girl!
Old 05-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Monica . They have taken down the warnings a notch so I am hoping we get away with just a conversion of the lawn into a green lake,if that.

I just saw a very interesting BBC Horizon documentary on the original Atkins diet. It shows its years but it highlights some fundamental truths .It makes me wonder how my induction period should look like. In truth Atkins old or Atkins revamped does not suit me as I am not a meat lover. However the big results seem to be in Atkins original. So I am contemplating to go back to basics. I will sleep on it but as none of the approaches appeal I might as well go for what seems th emost effective. 14 pounds in a month is not to be sneezed at. Does it warrant a boring diet of eggs,steak and hamburger ? Hmmm,today I would say yes . I will sleep on it.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:27 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

196.6 or 89.3 kilos ..again Need I say more ? Fed up.
However ,not so fed up as not to care where to go from here. I said last night that I watched a programme on the original Atkins diet and that it made a lot of sense to me. However I am not a meateater as previously said so I am not sure how I could tolerate meat,cheese eggs no carbs. I will try it though starting tomorrow. Why tomorrow ? Because even the dog will not eat my beansprouts and for my benefit I am not going to give her the leftover cauliflower. ( gases for the ones that don´t have dogs) I cooked a chunk of beef yesterday, that is almost induction friendly minus the red wine sauce. So this will all be gone by tomorrow.
I am actually going to investigate if I can keep the sprouts in the plan. Radish is allowed and if I am correct the sprouts are in the same carb range. If not they will go one way or the other.So today I am going to enjoy all that and the rest of my wine and tomorrow cold turkey everything.

The weather is being kind. It rains but it is an amicable rain,steady and the storm drains can cope with that easily as long as it does not rain too hard in the provinces. It feels like a British day with all the lights on in the house and humidity inside and out. I am running the air conditioning alternating with the heater. 4 weeks after the flood the house is still wet and clothes that came into the house dry feel damp in the morning.They say it takes 2 - 3 months to dry properly. Oh well ...
Old 05-03-2013, 05:50 AM   #54

Induction can be tough, but it's only 2 weeks, right???

That stinks your house flooded
Old 05-03-2013, 06:05 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Hello Aleina - enjoying your blog which by the time I got to the mention of Malbec, sailing and Argentina, well heck, I had to chime in!

You are really doing well, and I sure hear you about the Onederland - how tall are you and what is your bone structure? I got as low as 197.5 and just haven't broken through that plateau...add on a long cold winter and I am back on plan after getting back up to 210.

Your link to the yerba mate tea is very interesting, I will search to see if any can be found in New Hampshire where I live! You can send rain up to us, it hasn't rained here since 4/19...

Do you get daikon radish down there? Shredded, salted, weighed down overnight and rinsed, it makes awesome "home fries"...

Nancy
LIVE_FREE_NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:12 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for stopping by Monica. I am renting this house so I could technically move, but the locarion is lovely very green so we are staying put ,just taking precautions.

I have just put a stake in the ground and announced my arrival on Atkins 72. Let´s see .

Another thing I did last night was an all coconut treatment. I have coconut oil soap and of course the oil itself. So last night I had a spa night shower and then a self massage with coconut oil. I saw a programme years back about a massage therapist in France that had amazing results with putting losse skin back in its place.
She used a kneading type of massage that should not be pleasant but also should not hurt . The idea is to stimulate the connecting tissue.Well,in the absence of any other good ideas and itbeing a cheap treatment I will continue with this. Another benefit is that it really smoothes my skin.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:24 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Hello up there in New Hampshire! Thanks for stopping by Nancy. I am glad you enjoyed reading here. I feel as if I have zigzagged a lot but the Atkins 72 feels real if daunting.
Thank you for the tip on daikon radish. I think I have seen it in the stores but it is a sporadically available item. Chinatown will have them I am sure though. I do have the little red round ones though to get me going.

Glad you enjoyed the yerba mate link. you find it don´t prepare it as you do tea. If you use very hot water it gets very bitter ,not nice at all. The water should be around 185F. The first one is bitter still so the tradition here is that the one who makes it has to drink it. Usually one passes round a gourd with a metal "straw" to drink it. If you can find the gourd and strawit it is nice to drink it like this .

So are you into sailing as well? Then your sailing season must be just beginning.Here it is ending although we go out any day there is sun,no matter the temp.It does not get that cold here so it is possible .
Old 05-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

I just saw your question . I am 5 ft 5 and about bone structure I just worked it out .It looks like I am a heavy build according to my wrist size. I had always thought of myself as medium build . According to this calculator I should aim for 137 to 155 lbs. We shall see.
I fully understand how weather can affect your diet. I became really overweight when I lived in England,comfort eating. Great you are back on plan.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Much happier bunny now . All the cold cuts I usually buy a That makes life a lot easierre carb free,made the oldfashioned way. I am tempted tomake the revolution rolls but have no cream of tartar and it is still raining.Later maybe.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:30 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

and so starts Atkins 72

weigh in this morning 196 lbs or 89 kilosWll how did that happen? I did not take care of portion sizes yesterday,all legal stuff mind.I triple salted my pork chops and cauliflower because I was distracted and teh weather was so humid that the salt would not come out of the container. I had planned to bake the diet revolution rolls but lack of cream of tartar and distraction made me postpone.
So today Atkins 72 and on top of it we are going sailing.Maybe ,it is freezing here,well freezing for here,9 degrees this morning ,centigrade I hasten to add.
So what will I eat ? Cheese,salami and olives. I am sure olives are not allowed but to my mind should be. Maybe I will leave them and boil some eggs instead. And mate tea. If anyone is curious this is how we prepare it You can prepare it like tea, but only with water that is off the boil around 85 degrees centigrade .

Well not much more for now,except that I already cheated on Atkins with a tbsp of homemade chili sauce that comes in at 1 carb and cream in my coffee so that is another 1.2 grams. Trying to be strong the rest of the time. I have a doubt now actually.Is cream not allowed on the original plan or is it ? I know that on the new Atkins it is within limits . I will check on the Atkins 72 link.

Enough rambling ,time to start the day.

Not much more for now.

Last edited by Aleina; 05-04-2013 at 05:31 AM.. Reason: spelling errors as coffee has not met braincells yet