Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2014, 05:10 AM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aleina
Stats: 224/ 172.9 31 Jan /150
WOE: Epi Paleo
Start Date: 15 Nov 2012 various WOES
Good morning ! Back to 174.6 today or 79.3 kilos.
Yay, liking this again. Made some really tasty meals and apart from icecream I miss nothing.
I found some Italian icecream recipes on line and I will see if I can adapt them.
Aleina is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2014, 03:14 AM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Good morning people. 79.6 today so no loss even a slight gain. That must mean that my bunkered water is now gone and we are back to "real" pounds . For anyone reading I know that water weight is important,maybe even more important than fat initially as it relieves Blood pressure problems . So I am not knocking it.
things that have been worrying me this week:
Money: our financial situation is not getting better,in fact worse with the general economy going north. I figure as we are in the "southest" part of the continent the expression needs to change. Reason I worry is that inflation is skyrocketing here ,running at anything between 25% to 30%. So here is hoping that I can carry on lowcarbing and in specific the Epi Paleo diet.

joints: I have been having joint pains recently.I had put it down to repetitive movement stress from work but I have been on vacation since Mon and the stiffness in fingers still persists. I have been given a hint that it may be night shade intolerance and that rings a bell with me as that is the one thing that I want with every meal . So guess who is going without next week. No more chili sauce,tomato sauce for a good while. Even if that is not the culprit it will help as solanine the poison in bight shades interferes with the balancing of hormones too. So I need to get some exciting recipes and I think I will start looking at French recipes from the Lyonnais region, cream central as far as cooking is concerned .

Water: I am currently looking at ways to improve water quality or mitigating the fluoride in the water here. As is expected $ are a stumbling block but I may have a lowcost idea which I am still researching.

The upsides of this week:

Been sleeping great recently though. Hurray for hifat diets. In the last 2 days I slept 8 hours every night.
I finally did some thermogenesis again and loved it. Previously I hated it which is a sign for me that I had my mystery inflammation back. (This is harking back to the theory that obesity is an inflammation problem that in the long term interferes with hormone panels,eg excess cortisol output resulting in underproduction of melatonin,running on ATP constantly due to cell dehydration in the end leading to adrenal fatigue )

My chili plants are finally growing. I had been given rare seeds but I was convinced that they were not fresh enough but they they are and have reared their head. Next challenge will be getting them through winter as it is too late in the season for them to set fruit probably. Good news is that they are perennial so if I can make them survive I will hit the ground running next year.

I am just doing an experiment with the dog. She has got a clear preference for rainwater,even asks to go out after rain to drink it or so it seems . So today she ahs got two waterbowls ,her usual filled with tap water and the other with rain water. Just now she drank tap water. I will switch around the bowls to see if it is a preference for the water or just familiarity with her usual bowl.

Have a nice weekend everybody.

[SIZE="1"CMy journal : http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...626-50-go.html

Everything and nothing is poison. The amount alone decides whether it becomes a poison or not -Paracelsus[/SIZE]

Last edited by Aleina; 01-25-2014 at 03:23 AM..
Old 01-26-2014, 03:42 AM   #363
Senior LCF Member

So today 79.7 kilos but my eating was not 100%% clean . I had some crackers on the boat as we had not planned ahead but the carb total was less than 15. The unclean part was of course the eating of wheat . Hey ho.
Going sailing today first time in a long time. Weather has been miserably hot .
Old 01-27-2014, 01:24 AM   #364
Senior LCF Member

Good morning .79.8 kilos today.
A great weekend .The sailing was great. We had not gone for quite a while so we had kind of missed it. Eating so so. I did have a 2oz piece of bread but other than that ok. This morning I woke up without appetite , but part of my regime is a mega breakfast of 50 g of protein. (Leptin reset protocol) I guess something must be working for me not to be hungry which I invariably am every morning.
Off to work.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:56 AM   #365
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Have a great week girl! Sailing, I am jealous. It is 1* here with a -10* windchill!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:22 AM   #366
Senior LCF Member

Wow that´s nippy Zippy ! Good morning M
Believe it or not I have a snow deficit of years standing so if your temps include that I would gladly trade with you...for a week !

Well, quickly before work 79.5 which I cannot move away from but bearing in mind that TOM is in the house not too bad . Eating is 99 % clean so I am ok with that for now.

Gotta run,work calls.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:27 AM   #367
Senior LCF Member

Good morning , well good news today. Even with TOM in the house I weigh 174.8 or 79.4 kilos. That must be good news .

The best news however is that I have my hands back. You might remember that I had joint pains that would not go away after a weeks of rest from work.Well,they were due to work. I changed the types of work I do and they have diminished to almost non existence. A bit more ketosis and they might go entirely. Off to work now- blech!
Old 01-31-2014, 02:14 PM   #368
Senior LCF Member

good evening. I had no time to check in this morning but I did weigh. 78.9 kilos or 173.7 kilos. I am doing ok .
Bought fish today ,brotola and so far I have no idea what it is in english, a cod like fish I think.
No more news.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:26 AM   #369
Senior LCF Member

Gooood morning ,an excellent morning that I am beginning with 78.5 kilos or 172.9 kilos. Worth updating my stats for ,in other words a new low.

There is one other thing that is worth mentioning.I slept great. The secret seems to be that I raised the bed by now about 5 inches and am working up to the recommended 8. I do not wake up at night and feel refreshed in the morning. I have only been doing it for two days but honestly I did not remember that one can sleep so well. It is called inclined bed therapy or you might see it referred to as an Egyptian bed. I have not done a conversion of the bed yet but only put books under the mattress, but if I get consistent results I will do the work.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:05 AM   #370
Big Yapper!!!!

Incline bed therapy! Interesting!!!!!!!!

Glad you are doing well! Gone sailing lately???
Old 02-05-2014, 01:15 AM   #371
Senior LCF Member

Good morning . Well 79.3 today. (shrugs)
Hi M , not even once. The weather has been English here with rain every day right until the beginning of next week .
The bed thing is working out good. I cannot be sure yet that it is the deciding factor but last night I slept 7.5 hours.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:25 AM   #372
Big Yapper!!!!

You are doing great on the sleep! We are up to our BUMS in snow here. I think everyone is ready for SPRING!
Old 02-07-2014, 03:33 AM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Good morning . I will have some of that snow if you don't mind.Here it is bucketing down . Hope your snow goes away soon.

Things are going good. My weight is up though to 80.3 even though I am doing good on the diet. I hope it is good news though and that it has got to do with being more hydrated.

The results from the inclined bed are awesome. 7.5 hours sleep again yay. My body feels elongated.By that I don't mean that I have physically grown but that my body seems to decompress during the night. ( I don't have the world's best posture during the day )

Trying Maca today. I heard good things. Let´s see.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:06 AM   #374
Big Yapper!!!!

Interesting again on the incline sleeping! Sounds like you are chugging along. Keep it up girl!