Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 06:40 AM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aleina
Stats: 224/ 172.9 31 Jan /150
WOE: Epi Paleo
Start Date: 15 Nov 2012 various WOES
Cold today , 55F or 9 C and I am sitting outside in the cold in bikini bottoms and muscle shirt.Yes .it is that kind of diary on the edge of what is considered beneficial. Now I don't advocate this for anyone. I am not a doc,just a poor sap who thinks they are improving their own body and I know my own tolerance thresholds and limits. If you are interested what it is about google "brown fat" "cold thermogenesis" .

Well,I just did my morning gymnastics and Chi Kung. To be honest just one position of chi kung ,the tree.It is supposed to equilibrate the chi and help with optimising all bodily processes.Well,if it does not do that,it just about kills my biceps so it should at least tone.

Food is going much better.It looks as if I have adjusted to to the cold and am now eating less again. Still struggling with my omega 3 omega 6 balance. My natural pref is high omega 6 foods so my ratio is out of whack. I will formulate a plan today. While I have grown to like fish I don't think I could eat it every day. We shall see though.I might do an intense fish fast . Just contemplating,not decided yet.

Other than that ditching coffee and caffeine in general seems to have helped a lot with sleeping. Slept 9.5 hours today.

Weight :I will find out this weekend.

[SIZE="1"CMy journal : http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...626-50-go.html

Everything and nothing is poison. The amount alone decides whether it becomes a poison or not -Paracelsus[/SIZE]

Last edited by Aleina; 08-02-2013 at 06:42 AM..
Aleina is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #272
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I wish I had slept 9.5 hours last night! GRRR I barely got in 7 at the most!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:16 AM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Good morning, first things first. Weight 86.9 kilos Waiting for Godot...
As always there is a but though. I feel better,look better,sleep better. My fat was starting to look and feel lumpy but is now more compact.Difficult to describe. It seems that the skin has become more toned vecause of thermogenesis.

We had a great day sailing on Saturday.It got a bit wild in the end with high waves but it was fun .
Old 08-05-2013, 06:27 AM   #274
Big Yapper!!!!

Again, so jealous of your sailing! Sounds perfect!
Old 08-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Aww, Nancy . If you were closer I would invite you.

I am just listening to an interesting radio interview with Dr J Kruse. Whenever I think it is going to slow I always get drawn back by how much sense it makes what he says. I have no personal interest other than my own health in this site but a lot of what he describes might give an answer to some of the puzzles mentioned here. If you are interested google "one radio kruse paleo" It wil appear as the first result.
I won't post the link to not fall foul of board rules.

Wearing a skirt today that is 10 inches too big. Those 10 inches are not acurately portrayed on the scale I believe. So I will plod on especially as I reacquainted myself with some bones in my body I only remember from years back and got confirmation that my back is less fatty also.

Last edited by Aleina; 08-05-2013 at 09:54 AM..
Old 08-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Not only would I invite you but I would even call you Monica ...
And there I thought my memory was getting better ...
My apologies for renaming you
Old 08-06-2013, 05:52 AM   #277
Big Yapper!!!!

Call me whatever you want when calling me to go SAILING with you. Heck, I would answer to anything at that point. We could sail and drink WINE together! That would be awesome!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 04:17 AM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Good morning,Monica.Wine while sailing ? I see you have sailor blood in your veins .. We could also be girly though and sip champagne. Local champagne can be had for 5 dollars a bottle and it is downright nice if one is not label conscious.

Not much to tell here. I can feel my weight going down again so next weekend will be interesting to see .
A culinary failure with a new recipe I invented will save me a lot of money. Basically I thought if the Japanese eat their powdered matcha tea then I could eat my tea leaves. Basic thought correct but they have a remainder caffeine content and that kept me up for hours the night before . However it made me investigate green tea,why some taste fishy and it turns out that the Chinese drink it differently to us. They brew a tea in the morning,throw the first one away and then rebrew the same leaves all throughout the day. That reduces my use of tea from 8 tsps a day to 2 ! It means I can afford the organic stuff now.

Today is a big day, I am going out to get the ingredients for being my own chocolatier. As chocolate is good for you if it has a cacao content of 85 % or higher I will make my own. I am aiming for 95% .However it will depend on what I find at the chocolate factory that I do not need to buy in industrial sizes.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #279
Big Yapper!!!!

I would drink wine, champagne just makes me burp!! Not very lady like, huh??? Chocolatier ??? Now that has my attention !!! Let me know, I may need to place an order to be shipped.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:48 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all .
I would join you in that Monica. The champagne is a recent thing a fad if you will . I like red wine best ,;Patagonian Malbec being my favourite. In summer it is Torrontés a white wine from Salta.

I went to the chocolate factory and chickened out when faced with having to buy 16 lbs of raw materials that would make 8 lbs of finished chocolate. I would need to sell it in order to keep it fresh as it is a years supply for me. I did make a doctored chocolate though. Basically I melt down a 70% chocolate, add cocoa and cocoa butter and ended up with a 90% one which is my limit in taste terms at the moment. I will try to work myself up slowly to 98% .

Nothing else to report. Still looking after my health hoping that weightloss will come with it again. So far I am hopelessly stuck.
Fish day today,going to go out later to buy it.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:06 AM   #281
Big Yapper!!!!

I make a champagne punch that is to DIE for! Now that, I would drink up, completely with you. For my sister's birthday party last year she bought tons of beer and several bottles of wine, I made a large punch bowl of this champagne punch and that is all everyone drank! I felt bad, but man oh man, it was good!

OH let me know what kind of fish you end up with! I love fish!
Old 08-10-2013, 06:09 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Good morning.

Good news for a change - down 5 lbs 187.5 today or 85.2 kilos.
It went over night. Personally I blame it on the chocolate.
Not much to report otherwise. Finally had fish last night. Hake and it was surprisingly good.
That champagne punch sounds divine, Monica. We shall put that on the menu for our virtual (for now) sailing trip.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:56 AM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Correction,make that 187 on the nose today !

Nothing else to report except that I made the acquaintance of a very old cow. If it had been alive I would have asked it how the Fall of the Bastille really went down and if there was a black market of river steeped tea after the Boston tea party. Alas, it was finally dead and on my plate. The dog had no such historic musings and devoured it in 2.5 seconds .
Old 08-12-2013, 04:31 AM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Well,big week this week. We are low on funds and I have an opportunity this week to make a difference. Please be so kind if you are reading this to send me good thoughts and energy so that I land this gig. I amkind of confused about what to wear . I don't have much that fits still or yet and reading ,it is a casual chic affair. My wardrobe has 50 % of that and that is the casual part.Stumped. What to wear for the very informal interview...

Nothing much to report beyond that. Next weigh in is Saturday or Sunday, depending on which reading I like best. There is another cold snap coming in tomorrow .Yay more thermogenesis.

Last edited by Aleina; 08-12-2013 at 04:32 AM..
Old 08-12-2013, 05:48 AM   #285
Big Yapper!!!!

OH good luck . Let us know what you decide to wear and how it goes!
Old 08-16-2013, 05:33 AM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all,

the interview went well . In the end I was overdressed as the place is still a building site and everyone else turned up in jeans . I was the lady in red . I am not sure if the job is worth it .It will all depend on how the owner fleshes out the conditions. We shall see .

Well I furtively weighed this morning. I should only weigh on the weekend as I instructed myself but ... Well,good news . If my first reading is to be believed I am now 84.4 kilos or 185.9 .The next reading put me back at 187 which was last weeks weight also.So I am taking the first reading if nothing better comes along this weekend .

I am pleased though as this is with a diet plan that includes 2 ozs of 99% chocolate. It sits a lot better with me than the cheesecake contraptions I used to have and is cheaper to boot .

I accidentally "invented" a pick up bread style pancake. Basically a pancake mix made up of egg,sesame and almonds . Calorific but the ideal thing for my favourite breakfast.

Long weekend here and the weather will be awful for sailing. We shall see. Maybe an asado.

Good friday everyone.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:01 AM   #287
Big Yapper!!!!

Look at you go girl! When will you hear about the job??

Have a great Friday girl! Sorry about the weather and sailing! Here it is supposed to be perfect. Sunny and 78*, LOVING IT!
Old 08-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #288
Senior LCF Member

Have a great weekend,Monica.78 is a perfect temp to be out and about.Not too hot or too cold. Will you go kayaking?
I will probably hear within the next week about the job I should think.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Good evening folks,

I have been remiss with updating partially because there is not much and the other I have been kind of lazy.

Well Tom is in the house so the wight of 84.4 is really good. Let´s see how much it is in a couple of days. I will sneak in a weigh in. Other than that I am losing my jeans size 48 but the new ones I bought are size 52 ...

Whatever, I needed them for the interview . It looks like I got the gig by the way. It all sounds very grand but I cannot get rid of the suspicion that it is all prestige and very little money at least to start with. We shall see. This week I am going back for another chat.

Cooking a puchero at the moment.Basically it is a meat stew. I made my first one last week as the cut used for it is so inexpensive and I was highly dubious. However it was delicious so today I am making another batch. The cut is from the cow´s hind leg . I will attach a pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg puchero.jpg (65.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-23-2013, 06:25 AM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Well, good morning again . First of al Iweighed intoday and itcame out at 84.1 kilos whichis new numbers,modestly new numbers but being modest did notget anyone anywhere hehe .So this is 185.2 lbs a new low.

I got the job so that keeps the wolf from the door . It will be hard work with initially little reward but growing.
I have been sleeping terrible recently. I use ear plugs and I hear my heart beating loudly. It is not accelerated or irregular or anything just louder than it used to be . Weird . I read it somewhere that ketogenic diet does that but no reason given .
My diet has been excellent within the restraints of our budget so no nice grassfed stuff except the beef but tomorrow I will splurge a little. What is remarkable that i indulged in homemade chocolate every night to the tune of 2 ozs and I still lost. It is 95 -98 % chocolate though.
I have been remiss with my cold thermogenesis. I will make up for it in a few minutes.

If you are reading this stop in and say hi from your part of the world .
Old 08-24-2013, 05:07 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Good morning, sunny and cold Saturday.
Weighin 83.8 kilos/184.5 lbs another 10 ozs since yesterday ,hehe.
Monday I start my new job so I presume for the time being my entries here will not be as frequent . I used to have too much time on my hands now I don't know how to fit it all in . The routine will come back to me no doubt .
Well a nice day so lets hope that it warms up just a little so as to allow us to go sailing .
Great weekend everybody.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Tired but a good day. Looks promising this new gig. Diet same old same old. Mde some convincing bread to take to work. Egg,sesame chia and carrot baking powder mix fried up pancake style. Works as a pick up sandwich.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:59 AM   #293
Big Yapper!!!!

I can't wait to hear all about your new job! Sorry I have been MIA! I'm back now girl. Do tell!!!!! The GF bread I buy at the store is Millet Chia bread, I love it
Old 08-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Good evening, just a quick stop to say hi. Tired tired,workis very physical for now as we are getting the place ready to open.
Monica, I can't say much about the new concept as the press releases have not gone out yet, but basically my job is to realise that the concept is fleshed out gets a routine that can be taken nationwide. For now it is all hands on deck regardless of job description whatever is needed to meet deadlines . Fun though.
Diet is going good in spite of all that. Thermogenesis not so much , no time at the moment. I am more than interested what my weight will be this weekend as I am flying up and down staircases ,correcting builders work you name it . II will probably gain knowing my luck.
Other than that this weekend we got an hour of sailing in and true to form I sailed in jeans and bikini top in temps of 5o or 55F .To me it does not feel cold at all.

Well gotta run . Bedtime is much earlier these days.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:17 AM   #295
Big Yapper!!!!

Can't wait to hear more aobut it! Enjoy girl!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 06:57 AM   #296
Big Yapper!!!!

Hope your weekend went well. Enjoy your weekend
Old 08-31-2013, 05:08 PM   #297
Senior LCF Member

So yesterday I did it . I stepped off the wagon, slowly and deliberately.
Basically my new boss who is a cordon bleu chef invited us all for a barbeque. The barbeque was no problem,interesting variations on common themes except that there was a birthday girl present and you guessed it there was cake. Not only cake, but raspberry cheesecake of the expensive variety.
Yes , I had my share 6 to 7 bites and it was worth it. Today I am in mild ketosis but still in ketosis and no cravings,getting by on breakfast and dinner still. Good thing though that I weighed for the past two days as I probably would have fainted today. The scale for the past two days have been showing 4 pounds more and that with flying up and down stairs all day often not eating lunch. I think the secret is that I am dehydrated and am holding on to water. Tomorrow I will water myself like a lawn before Wimbledon. No point in doing it today as I will only be up all night.

We went sailing today , the temperature was 23 degrees but the wind is still cold so I did get some thermogenesis in. I did not think it would work with these temperatures but after stepping off the boat I was actually shivering when I had put my clothes back on.

Last edited by Aleina; 08-31-2013 at 05:12 PM..
Old 09-03-2013, 06:06 AM   #298
Big Yapper!!!!

Sounds like you enjoyed the BBQ without doing much damage. Did you hop back on???
Old 09-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #299
Big Yapper!!!!

Can't wait to hear more about your JOB!!!
Old 09-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Good evening,

just got in. Tired but good.,Today was another barbecue but nos damage.
Yes monica I did get back on and it was surprisingly easy. I wonder if it is because I have been on plan for so long or if my ice treatments and upping the omega 3 levels in my diet have given me marginally more room to play with carbs. Anuhow I am not going to test it just yet,maybe in summer with strawberries we shall see. I was in charge of dessert today so I made 90% chocolotas with whisky and vodka so they were on plan as I only had two anyway.
Tonight we are going toi have strong storms . Fingers crossed that we do not flood out again. I might lose my attachment to my casita then. Three times definitely would not be the charm..
Sunday should be great though. Have a great weekend everybody.