LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 05:10 AM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aleina
Stats: 224/ 172.9 31 Jan /150
WOE: Epi Paleo
Start Date: 15 Nov 2012 various WOES
Good morning Gina,

it sounds as if it is working. There must be a detox included in this attack phase and that is probably what you are experiencing right now.The water retention is my clue for that.
If you can stick it out I think you will find the next part more pleasant. Reading I get the impression that for a lot of people the DDs of Judd are a cause of anxiety. Long term you might do better with this one which has an "emotional foodbalance" in the sense that it does not make you feel so deprived one day and on a high the next. Onwards and downwards !

[SIZE="1"CMy journal : http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...626-50-go.html

Everything and nothing is poison. The amount alone decides whether it becomes a poison or not -Paracelsus[/SIZE]

Last edited by Aleina; 06-27-2013 at 05:13 AM.. Reason: clarified the note about DDs a bit better
Aleina is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2013, 05:39 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Well it was all going well until I phoned the doctor to chase my referral to the weight management/Depresion clinic. They gave me the number for the clinic and I phoned them. The clinic have aparently written to my Doctor saying my BMI isn't high enough for them to see me!

I was on the phone when I walked into work and ended up having to hide in the back office for 20 minutes because I couldn't stop crying!

Arghhhh... not really sure where to go from here, tempted to just try and eat healthily until I can get to see someone and talk about my food/depression/anxiety issues??? 4 hours left of work and I'm sat here with a mirror and a makeup contact on my desk so I can hide the fact I keep tearing up!

What a mess...

On a happier note, I text Wayne and told him what's been said and he sent a text with a load of kisses telling me he loves me and that he'll start buying me treats for every goal I hit with my weight loss!!

My sister in law has thrown conventianal diet plans out the window and has just cut out chocolate/crisps etc,. and she's losing steadily... I wonder if I can follow her example?

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:30 AM   #183
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Aw Gina! I'm sorry this has you so upset. There is a silver lining though.....you're BMI is not HIGH enough! There's plenty of times I would have loved to be told I wasn't heavy enough! I know that doesn't help in the sense that you were looking forward to getting the help though.

I would encourage you to try and stick with this plan for a longer time. One thing I've observed is that lots of people get frustrated really early on in a new plan and start switching up or tweaking the plan, and then when it doesn't work, get even more frustrated. Whether you do LC, or JUDDD, or whatever, it's so important to give it enough time to start working. Often that does involve an uncomfortable "detox" period. Not fun. But maybe necessary. Plus the mental boost it gives you once you've made it through that time and are seeing results is very real.

Sounds like Wayne is a real keeper. I'm so glad he's there for you. Hang in there girl!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Carol.
I want to try and stick this out x
Old 06-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

**UPDATE**

I've had a lengthy phone conversation with my doctor this afternoon and she's advised against continuing with Dukan or even going back to JUDDD like I'd been thinking and that instead I should try keep to 1200 cals each day.

Not panic if every now and then I go over it.. or even under it but that I should still see a loss although granted slower than I've seen with Dukan however with my health issues and binge problems it is the best way forward.

She's also suggested I go see her in 6 weeks to see how I'm getting on and in the mean time she's also going to look at any other help she can make available for me!

At home now with Wayne and the cats, he's made me a spreadsheet that I can put my weight in each day and it will tell me how much I've lost/gained and keep track and will also flash up with each 5lbs that I lose which means he has to buy me a treat... as I've already reached my first 5lbs... he owes me a treat
Old 06-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #186
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/116.8/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
Gina- I hope the new plan works for you
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Marika xx
Old 06-28-2013, 03:22 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

No gain this morning so still weighing in at 190.0
My Plan for today is:

Breakfast:
Tropicana Smooth Orange Juice
Kelloggs Coco Pops Bar
Cup of Tea

Lunch:
Tuna & Cucumber Sandwich
Salt & Vinegar 'Shapers' Crisps
Cup of Tea

Dinner:
2 Rashers Bacon
2 Pork & Tomato Sausages
2 Fried Eggs
Can of Coke Zero

Snack:
Smooth Toffee Muller Light Yogurt

Totals at exactly 1200..... there'll be a few more cups of tea thrown in there and at 11.30 I've already drunk 750ml water so should manage about 1.5 ltrs by the end of the day! Fingers crossed!
Old 06-28-2013, 07:25 AM   #189
Big Yapper!!!!

Good luck Gina! I hope this works for you.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #190
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Looks like you have a great plan for the day girl!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:23 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

I hope all goes well for you and have a great weekend!

Last edited by Aleina; 06-29-2013 at 05:23 AM.. Reason: even in a short sentence I cannot type correctly :(
Old 07-01-2013, 01:41 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Ok so this weekend kinda crashed around my ears eating wise.
Our friends came over late Friday, we had wine, junk food and tarot readings...
Saturday we had junk food and beer...
Yesterday I had a roast dinner with all the trimmings and Black Forrest Gataeu for dessert...

And guess what...
I've still got terrible stomach cramps...

And I'm back up to 194.0 on the scale!

Oh well, it's Monday and it's 1st July so let's start again..

1200 calorie challenge starts here (agan!)

B: Nothing
L: Tuna Mayonnaise on grannary bread with onion rings
D: Homemade Lasagne with side Salad

Target: 1200
Actual: 1050 - If I can keep to it!
Old 07-02-2013, 05:53 AM   #193

Jump back on it girl. You can do it!
Old 07-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member

UPDATE: Ok so I'm rubbish....
1200 calories? this week.... not on your life!

We've had a bit of an up and down week with work affecting me health wise and we've eaten take out most every night!

I work as a receptionist in a business centre and one of the morning tasks is to go round to all the kitchens (7 of them) with tea, coffee, sugar & milk on a trolley and fill up the fridges and the canisters and empty the dishwashers. Sounds easy? Nope, just pushing the trolley hurts my back, when I got back to my desk this morning (the rounds take about 20-30 minutes) my wrists were so swollen I had to take my watch off. I sat and had a talk with my Manager and have been basically told ' well it's part of the role'! Hmmm... when I came back to work about 18 months ago I was just doing afternoons and it was agreed I would take on basically just the reception duties, I've since taken on a few more hours and started doing mornings instead of afternoons. My Manager has said she'll 'think on it' but I don't hold out much hope for getting anywhere. I don't want to have to quote disability law... but I will!

Is it wrong that I want to say 'go to hell' with my GP's 1200 calorie reasoning and go back to JUDDD? I want to give it a shot but doing the EOD rotations instead of messing around trying to make it work for me which clearly it didn't!

I am still weighing in at around 193.. quite impressed I've not gained considering what I've eaten this past few days!
Old 07-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

nah, you are not,the diet is...
It works for people who want to lose for their bikini in summer. Apologies to all bikini dieters .
Glad you are back and glad you are feeling rebellious .
Of course I don't know why your GP thinks this is the best for you but when I read it I thought it was not a great fit. Was there any specific reason why she said no to Judd? I also wanted to ask whether you had considered Atkins and whether you can do it medically speaking. For me it is the easiest diet I have ever been on and once the first two weeks were complete and I was in ketosis it was steady going. Plus it has treats for every day if you want them.
Whatever you decide, good luck and seriously you can do it ! This is not just a spurious pat on the back but comes from the contemplation that you do your job under very difficult circumstances makes me think that you are a strong woman.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #196
Blabbermouth!!!

Gina, first off big hugs to you I am sorry to hear about the physical aspect of job and your boss not being accommodating. I am sure that's a lot of physical labor for someone with your health issue to handle.

Regarding JUDDD. I found that lots of doctors have no clue about diets. I think 1200 every day can be really though, at least with JUDDD you have higher calories every other day. I would say give EOD JUDDD a fair try. You can always adjust your calories if they don't fit you. Good luck sweetie

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html
Old 07-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #197
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm so sorry you're struggling at work. That is so frustrating when a boss in not understanding about a situation, especially a health related one.

I agree about having wondered why 1200 a day would be preferable in your situation. I am definitely JUDDD-biased, but I would find 1200 a day impossible to maintain for any length of time. Every day deprivation is what that sounds like to me. I remember that was one of the first diets I ever went on as a teenager, and it didn't go well at all!

Whatever you decide, just relax, follow the protocol, and try not to stress about it, and I have the feeling the results will come. Plus, only you can tell what WOE makes you feel better mentally and physically. Trust it!
Old 07-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #198
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Really sorry to hear about the work stuff...that's really oogie I really hope that there is some resolve there. There's nothing worse than dreading having to work somewhere where you'd rather strangle each and every person.

Regarding the diet thing.. man, 1200 cals is what I did about 10 years ago to lose a ton of weight.. after I regained it all back (should've been my first clue?), I tried to do a repeat of it and there was no way...still no idea how in heck I pulled that off to lose 80lbs

I say go with what feels best for YOU. I've slowly grown very disillusioned with doctors these days and have refused to go see one regarding my metabolism, hormones, etc.. I'm absolutely terrified of being terribly disappointed. As long as everything else is ok health wise, I'd say go for it and work JUDDD how you want and see how you feel. We're with ya girlfriend!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Forgive me, if I am sticking my nose where it does not belong, but I thought this video might interest you. It is from a doc based in the UK . A very easy to follow documentary with some maybe surprising info.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=cONYR7vAD-A#
Old 07-14-2013, 05:12 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

I am now at 197!!! Totally my own fault, eaten absolute rubbish but had so much going on health/work wise that not even wanted to think about food or at least counting calories.....

I've been weighing in everyday.. in the hope that it might force me into being accountable No.. it hasn't!

I've decided bleughhhh to doctors opinion and I'm going to start JUDDD again on Saturday (as my Up Day) but do the EOD rotations this time, at least until I start to see results. JUDDD is the only thing I've ever tried that I can see working long term!

Started C25k with my first work out yesterday, wasn't as bad as expected: using the elliptical trainer and have found a cool app for my phone!

I have a meeting with HR on Monday... I kicked up a bit of a fuss and quoted disability law to my HR Manager when my Line Manager refused to help me out with something saying it was in the 'job role' sooooo I'm thinking the next step will be Occupational Health - we will see!!
Old 07-14-2013, 05:15 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Had a reasonable UD yesterday, todays DD however is not going so great! Bit of a hangover & starving from the second I woke up..

Oh well, was supposed to be doing my 2nd C25K workout this morning but had 2 friends staying over from a house party at Wayne's Mums last night so didn't have chance will have to put it off until Tuesday now x
Old 07-15-2013, 02:33 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

I feel like an utter failure at the moment, I just can't commit to doing any calories counting or restriction of any kind! My DD yesterday ended up being a total UUAD and I started this morning AFTER WEIGHING IN AT 199!!!! with the best of intentions decided I'd have a 'clean day' today, 2 slimfast shakes and then my dinner at home tonight... colleague brought me in a flap jack and a client brought us all croissants and now all I can think of is food!

I have to phone the doctors tomorrow for my MRI results so will chase up my referral to the weight management clinic too! Bet me BMI would be high enough now!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 04:14 AM   #203
Blabbermouth!!!

Gina, I know how it feels, hun. I have many days like these when I want to count and eat clean and they turn into UUAD. Sometimes we have no control over days like these. I know it is hard! Just take it easy and try to do best you can and have patience. Big hugs to you
Old 07-15-2013, 05:49 AM   #204

Gina, hop back on girl! Maybe try a DD at 1000c first. That's where my DS14 eats to on DD's. Start there and work your way down???
Old 07-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Thank you ladies.
I had my meeting today with HR, I'm on a weeks holiday next week & it was implied I won't have to worry when I get back!
I've got my appointment on Wednesday with the weight management clinic so hoping I get somewhere!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #206
Blabbermouth!!!

Good news Gina!!! keeping my fingers crossed for Wednesday appointment.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #207
Big Yapper!!!!

Great on both counts Gina!
Old 07-16-2013, 01:25 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

And I've just booked to stay at the Iberostar Torviscas Playa in Tenerife next July - I'm so excited, I've not had a holiday since 2008! Tenerife is one of my favourite places in the world :-)

So I have a year to lose 4 stone... what better motivation than that?

I have to go to the piercing studio after work today to have my tragus ring put back in (cartilage at the front of the ear) and tempted to get 2 more studs put in at the top of my ear....

Just thought.... means I need to get working on my tattoo doodle so I can get my sleeve done before my holiday!!

Last edited by Genie80; 07-16-2013 at 01:27 AM.. Reason: PC throwing a wobler!!!
Old 07-16-2013, 05:27 AM   #209
Blabbermouth!!!

Tenerife is beautiful!!! So happy for you You will be in best shape by then!!!!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #210

OH How fun a holiday already planned for NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!

Nice that work place is backing you too!