Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   An Ever Shrinking LilBeetle (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/800430-ever-shrinking-lilbeetle.html)

lilbeetle 03-27-2013 01:12 AM

An Ever Shrinking LilBeetle

Well its a hope full title :)

Ok so weigh....

Most of my life I have been skinny, like super skinny. At highschool I was called wasp waist. 45kg

Left home, got a job, got a little bit plumper 50kg

Had first child 50kg

Had second child 55kg

Gave up smoking, slowly crept up to 60kg

Got new, more active job, 58kg

Got new less active job 65kg

Got sick. Really super sick 44kg

Got healthy and up it went.

Just before Christmas 2012 I realised I was over 70kg so stopped eating bread at lunch time but continued with morning toast (I am not a cereal person) Got down to 67kg.

Had Christmas, anniversary, 2 significant birthdays, lots of wine, and potato crisps. Got lazy, reintroduced toast and sandwiches....

At the end of Feb 2013 I was using the computer and realised the jeans I had bought - size 12 compared to my normal 10 - were cutting into my legs and hurting me. I got on the scales. 75kg.

At this point I should note I am 160 cm - 5foot 3 inches. I am short. A little weight goes a long way on me. I come from a family were the average woman is 5 foot, no inches, and they are big women. They tend to hit 40 and bloom, although some do it in their 30's. This October I am turning 40 and I have always said I did not want to be fat and 40.

So I googled weight loss, with an emphasis on less brread, knowing that worked before. I kept reading this fact about women with waists of 35 inches or more are at risk for heart disease, diabetes, strokes.... Measure my waist, and 35 inches bang on the mark.

Started my new diet about 20 minutes later :)

lilbeetle 03-27-2013 01:20 AM

I dont remember the first exact date I stood on the scales and found out i had got down to 73.5, but it was only like a week after starting, perhaps around the 10th of March. I didnt think to write it down untill DD decided to join me. We dont weigh every day, and we only occasionally measure waistlines. Even with this small range of data, you can see where I had a few glasses of wine on night :(

17/3/13
LB:35"
DD:34"

19/3/2013
LB:71.3kg - 34"
DD: 80.7kg - 33"

20/3/2013
LB: 70.8kg - 33.5"
DD: 80.2kg - 33"

23/3/2013
LB: 70.5kg - 33.5

25/3/2013
LB: 70.8kg - 33"

26/3/2013
LB: 70.5kg

27/3/2013
LB: 70kg
DD: 79.5kg

lilbeetle 03-27-2013 01:29 AM

Food: well I've not been what you might call a hard core low carber. I gave up bread, wheat flour, rice, pasta, potatoes and sugar. I've expereimented a lot and had several success, a couple of ho-hums and only one sort of failure.

I've googled a lot to find recipes - thats how i found this forum, I kept finding it coming up in my searches :)

my work shifts vary a bit so there are a couple of days I struggle with ensuring I am feed well and timly, but I get there :)

B: one coconut flour, apple spiced muffin (about 3 cards)
1/2c yogurt (homemade, extra look matured to burn out more carbs, and whey tipped off)
2T blueberries
1T roasted pumpkin seeds

L: one egg beaten with 2T ricotta and nuked until omlette like. topped with sliced tomato, shreded home cured ham, cheese, salami and nuked again to melt and warm thru. Handful of peanuts to tide me over a 5 hour shift at work 0 no breaks for eating :(

D: Roast pork, roast sweded, roast carrot, with steamed cabbage and silverbeet mixand gravy i made using coconut flour to thicken. Not a great success, but tasty :)

Snack: another handful of peanuts when i got home - I was starving! and half of an Atkind endulge bar, gave the other half to DD

kiwistars 03-27-2013 01:43 AM

wow.45kg.
I am 6 foot so I was about 11 when I last weighed that:)I have small bones for my height but still minimum weight is about 65kg.

lilbeetle 03-27-2013 01:48 AM

45kg is pretty skinny, but when your a teen its natural to be super thin. The second time it happend I was 34 - far too old. Most people thought I had cancer. I was just really sick.

Ideally I would like to get to 55kg, but I'd be happy with 60kg but October.

lilbeetle 03-27-2013 02:07 AM

A bit about myself,

I am 39, I have 2 children, both girls. One is 21, one is 16, nearly 17. I am raising my grandson who is 3, a boy and a challenge for both previous reasons :)

I am training to be a vet nurse, about 1/4 of the way. I milk cows 2 days a week and I washing bikes and equipment at a local hire company. DD16 is homeschooled - she has a disability that makes public school too hard for her, but she is doing well in homeschool. We also run a B&B from our home from Oct-may.

I am married, 17 years to my sweety. Hes pretty full on with 2 jobs and lots of hobbies. Were both pretty active, although I prefer walking and dancing, while he prefers cycling and hiking. We both enjoy skiing and scuba.

We have a few acres so raise our own beef and lamb. We got chickens this year which has been exciting for the wee man. We are in the process of building a large conservatory and making it self sufficent, so we dont need to wire it up. DH is putting in a solar powered lighting system, and we are installing a coal range.

kiwistars 03-27-2013 02:11 AM

Cool.What does your 16 year old have if you don't mind me asking.My 19 year was homeschooled 8-13 because of aspergers and her big sister 12-15 because of social phobias.

lilbeetle 03-27-2013 07:35 PM

She has 'global development delay' which means something up, and they dont know what :) She iwas hideously bullied and not learning anything to the point she was suppose to be going to high school and unable to write.

So, easter is coming and I swear everyone heard I was on a sugar free diet and so every one has sent me an egg. I kid you not, the voloume of chocolate in this house at the moment is just rediculous :dunno:

B: 3 carb muffin with yougurt and berries. Forgit my pumpkin seeds which was a bad move. By lunch time i was ravenous!

L: Salad made up of ham, chicken, roasted cashew nuts, lettuce, tomato and feta cheese with a ligh dressing sice I figured there was enough fat in it already :)

D: Will be our annual nod towards Passover - lamb chops, green salad and this year I guess one of the eggy bread reciepes since i cant make a normal loaf.

kiwistars 03-27-2013 07:40 PM

yeah my youngest has issues relating to damage from chemo.they still don't know what.Isn't the health and education system fun?

lilbeetle 03-27-2013 07:42 PM

It was until I got fed up with it. DD is the reason we went 'country'. There were studies showing kids in country schools were overall better educated. We knew she had learning difficulties so move to take advantage of it. I dont regret moving rural, but really I should have just homeschooled her from the start.

kiwistars 03-27-2013 07:56 PM

Rural school nearly killed my boy(well some of the pupils offered to when he was 5)The fresh air ,real food and laid back adults were good.I ended up homeschooling him there until we could move to a large town.

lilbeetle 03-27-2013 11:02 PM

Many rude words. I just counted up all that chocolate every dropped off today...

13 cadbury creme eggs
10 marshmellow eggs
1 HUGE orange chocolate egg
4 hollow bunnies
2 smarties fill eggs
2 minted chocolate bunnies.

I can SMELL them!!!

lilbeetle 03-28-2013 01:05 PM

I resisted eating any. Jolly well done to me.

Weight: 147.4
Waist: 32.5 inches

breakfast: the last 3 carb muffin, blueberries, pumpkin seed and some apple slices since I forgot to make yogurt.

Lunch: prolly the same as yesterday.

Dinner: Im thinking LSA flour breaded fish with salad. Well it is Friday here :)

kiwistars 03-28-2013 01:15 PM

Next time you could give all the chocolate to the nearest food bank and tell the gifters it was delicious...

lilbeetle 03-28-2013 01:24 PM

Its an idea.

DH is annoyingly skinny no matter what crap he eats. He will prolly end up eating most of it. Wee man will eat some. DD has decided she will take the day off LCing and dam the consequences, so she'll eat some. Might be none left after that :)

kiwistars 03-28-2013 01:29 PM

DH is intermittent fasting so eats normally after 12.30-1pm and DS is 12, over 160cm and shooting up so I have no trouble getting rid of carbs:)

lilbeetle 03-28-2013 01:35 PM

I never had skinny kids, DD16 and DD21 are both big ladies. I just put some of the bounty in a bag to give to DD21. Poor girl, she works at Subway. Theres no hope for her

lilbeetle 03-29-2013 12:10 PM

Another day, another small loss. Certainly has slowed from those heady first days. My new breakfast muffins are delish and should be lower than the 3 carbs my last batch was.

Just worked it out, 1.1 :)

I am thinking I should start dropping my protein. At first I left it alone because I wanted the saitey while fighting the carb addiction. Now I think i have that under control, I need to make some changes or I'm going to stall. I definatly am not droppping my breakfast protein - the one day I forgot to add some, was the only time I felt hunger pains an hour before the next meal! Maybe knock out the lunch protein, or at least reduce it.

kiwistars 03-29-2013 12:14 PM

You tend to get more satiety from fat.If your carbs are nice and low cut your protein down and add some fat.

lilbeetle 03-29-2013 12:30 PM

Another challenge I set myself and am sticking to is I have managed to successfully stick to 5 cups of tea a day. HUGE drop from my previous 13 a day!

Yay for me :D

Alcmene 03-29-2013 12:36 PM

Hi, I am enjoying reading about your journey! Your muffins sounds great, could you please share your recipe?

lilbeetle 03-29-2013 01:13 PM

Sure can. Still in tweak mode, but were getting there :)

5 eggs
1c fruit (1st time applesauce and this time I tried raspberries)
1/2 c flour (first time coconut, this time LSA)
2t cinnamon
1/4t ground cloves
1t BP
1t vanilla (optional)
1/4c butter (going to try oil next time)
2T sweetener (honey first time, stevia this time)
pinch salt

blend together, pour into muffin cases and bake at 200 degree C f(392F)or 12-15 mins.

lilbeetle 03-29-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwistars (Post 16343452)
You tend to get more satiety from fat.If your carbs are nice and low cut your protein down and add some fat.

I think my carbs are low, still not good at counting them. I definatly eat way too much protein. I have 2T nuts with breakfast, about 1/2-1 cup at lunch and the equivalent of 2 sausages at night. It might be steak of chicken or fish, but about the same voloume.

My daily fats come mainly from cheese, my muffins, yogurt, dressing and butter.

Alcmene 03-29-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilbeetle (Post 16343559)
Sure can. Still in tweak mode, but were getting there :)

5 eggs
1c fruit (1st time applesauce and this time I tried raspberries)
1/2 c flour (first time coconut, this time LSA)
2t cinnamon
1/4t ground cloves
1t BP
1t vanilla (optional)
1/4c butter (going to try oil next time)
2T sweetener (honey first time, stevia this time)
pinch salt

blend together, pour into muffin cases and bake at 200 degree C f(392F)or 12-15 mins.

That sounds yummy thanks. I see applesauce used a lot here, must be an American thing, do you make your own?

lilbeetle 03-29-2013 07:05 PM

Sometimes. Some times I buy it - but we get it as baby apples :)

The first time i did this I just stuck pieces of apple in the whizz with the egg and by the time that was beaten, the apple was pureed

Alcmene 03-30-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilbeetle (Post 16344054)
Sometimes. Some times I buy it - but we get it as baby apples :)

The first time i did this I just stuck pieces of apple in the whizz with the egg and by the time that was beaten, the apple was pureed

It's not really something I see in UK supermarkets, I will have to keep an ee out for it!

lilbeetle 03-30-2013 01:41 PM

I had such a bad day yesterday. I dont know if it was TOM coming in 2 days or a touch of LC flu of what, but I was down on me, the world and if my poor family breathed in the wrong key, they felt my rath. It didnt help that I looked in the mirror and saw this rapidly encroching cellulite was now on my belly. I really dont look good at all.

So I did a rather punishing workout last night - an hour of danicing, 15 mins boxing workout followed by a 3 km run. I could have done more but I had to get up early.

Anyway I got a lovely visit from the 'whoosh fairy' last night. I guessed it was happening when i had to wake up and go to the toilet twice!. 69.2 kg - 152.56 pouinds according to google.

Which does mean I must have read a previous google result wrong since I thought I was 147 pounds. Still, I understand kgs better than i understand pounds and I am happy with my results.

Menu for yesterday:

breakfast muffin, 1/2c yogurt, 3 plums, 1T pumpkin seeds, 1 cup of tea with milk (I dont like cream)

Lettuce salad with egg/ricotta omlette and mushrooms, 1/2c shredded roast chicken, cup of tea

steamed cauliflower, green beans with garlic butter and sausage meat patties with sliced gherkins. cup of tea.

kiwistars 03-30-2013 01:50 PM

multiply by 2.2 for a basic kg-lbs conversion.It comes in close enough.

lilbeetle 03-30-2013 10:38 PM

What is hwc and what is wonderland?

lilbeetle 03-30-2013 10:50 PM

That 147 on the 29th should have been 154.