Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
B- coconut pancakes with berries and cream
L- patty from burger king burger
D- patty from mcdonalds burger
S- salad because I was so short in calories I wanted to kill. Followed by lc icecream and a mandarin.
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

I've been away for a few days in Auckland. Horrible place, glad Im home.

I wasnt hugely badly behaved - I have a few wines one night at a celabratory dinner, and another night i have a few bourbons with friends.

The damage was odd. Scales say up one kg. Jeans say theres less bulging. And my bum has a dip in the cheeks Dunno if thats a good thing or not, but it does mean this baby has less back

While in the bog smoke i bought some sugarfree jam and some kelp noodles - no idea about those. Also made a contact who will source shritake noodles for me. Now if I could figure out where to get sugarfree syrup and I'd be happy. She also told me where to get seeds for spaghetti squash in NZ! Colour me surprised.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #93
Senior LCF Member

I do like the fact this forum is so big. I come up with a question, search for it and voila! An answer. if not, I can just ask and someone will usually try to help

I decided to track calories for a bit just to see what it is I am actually eating. Im going to do this for 2 weeks. While I disput the 185gm a day recommendation for carbs, it is interesting to see my macros ala NK.

I never thought much of it, but I am really totally off BMI. The counter on my wii says I am idea but only just. The counter on my phone says I am over weight! The tracker thing said I am overweight, but have a healthy waist lol
Old 05-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Just read this quote and I love it so much Im putting it here to refer back to

"Atkins-like diets were low-calorie diets in disguise; that when you cut out pasta, bread and potatoes, you'll have a hard time eating enough meat, vegetables and cheese to replace the calories."
Old 05-15-2013, 05:41 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Having just inputted lunch, I am ASTOUNDED I have lost weight at all

I am over my fat allowance, calories allowance and protein allowance. I still have carbs, and sugar to spare.

This is quite fun
Old 05-15-2013, 09:58 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Finally finished a day

Calories 1,918 carbs 61 Fat 142 Protein 87
Ratio 21:49:30

I think its not terrible, but could be better
Old 05-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Interesting. Despite the fact I 'overate' by 700 calories, I still have a very average 300gm loss today. I am wondering about that a bit. i have ALWAYS been a big eater. My father called me hollow legs growing up. I easy have matched hubby all our married life. We are invited to people for dinner and I warn them we are big eaters AND I take a substantial side dish. Heck, DH's mother had us stay for 3 days once and even though I provided bread, milk and fruit, we demolished her cuboards. My weight gain over the last 3 years, I blame entirely on a bottle or two of wine every night, a supersized packet of crisps and/or a family sized bar of chocolate every night as well.

I have no idea of my calorie intake in the HC days, but I suspect it might have been even more than my nearly 2000 now. I am going to carry on the tracking - for nosiness sake more than anything.

I started reading Z's blog last night, and I was struck by an entry where after eating carbs, he has a allergic type topical rash. After my drinking binge in Auckland I have had a flare up of my psorisis, and horrible rhinitis and NO WEIGHT LOSS. This morning all symptoms have cleared and I have a loss. Dont know if its related - I dont want to try that experiment again, but it is interesting.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Good day yesterday:
cal1,597 carbs41gm fat118gm protein92

Having said that because I had a VERY early start, i went to bed after breakfast and woke up about dinner time, so missed a meal Last milking this morning so no more missed meals.

Having said that, I was down for the first time since coming home from Auckland. I know there is a lot of debate for both sides on whether or not to count cals, and honestly I am still on the fence about it. i do like being able to keep a closer eye on my carbs and Ive noticed I am making food choices according to the tally totals. So, carry on for a bit more and just see.

Sure would be nice to get to 65kg and just stay there. This will be my 3rd attempt to do it. Usually I get to about 65.5 and then blow it in one way or another....

Another thing is now Im not getting up at 3.30, i am planning on resuming my work outs. i havent done any for about 2 weeks and I feel it every time I bend or strech.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Heh, 65.1kg! (143 pounds)

WTG me

Now if I can just.get.past.it.

Yesterday was a struggle. I did good until about 9.30pm when I suddenly got hungry. I ate a paket of pork rinds and had a huge glass of water, followed by a slice of cheese but I easily could have eaten more. Guess my body finally figured out it had been a bit ripped off in the calories in the last few days.

Tonight we start working out again. I see pain in my future
Old 05-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Oh, I meant to say - for those who get some flack about eating pork rinds... I had a comparisson look the other day and one serving of pork rinds has less fat, salt, and calories than a serving of ready salted potato chips. At least it does in NZ

I am just ITCHING to tell that to the next person who bags me about my snacking choices
Old 05-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

142.6!

So good. I was almost about to go off plan in a big way last night. i was really craving something sweet and even tho I have low carb ice cream in the freezer, I was looking at blowing portion size big time.

I resisted tho and did a google search on low carb desserts and got a few ideas. What I ended up doing was putting some cacao nibs thru my coffee grinder. Then heated 100ml full cream milk in the microwave. When nearly boiling, added 1T cacao and 1t splenda. Topped up the cup with HWC and nuked until heated thru. Delicious, satisfying and 'almost' guilt free

Well, it was better than 1kg of ice cream
Old 06-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

The NK thread has filled uyp. So while Im waiting for raindroproses to start a new one, I'll post here.

calories 1,215 carbs 20 fat 97 protein 38
Macros: 13:63:25

Havent lost any in 4 days, in fact I've gone up a few pounds. Currently living in faith thats my body is just in processing mode and theres a woosh in my future.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Quite a good thread to revisit some months later as an ever shrinking lil

Lil's Homemade Wraps
4 eggs
125gm ricotta (anykind, I just get whatever is cheapest)
2T physllium husks
garlic powder or any savory flavourings you like

Beat together. Pour batter into pan, cook side A, then loosen and flip to cook side B. Cook in 1t oil in 1/4c amounts, they resemble pancakes more than a crepe in thickness. The physillium husks will thicken the batter the longer it sits, so thin it down as required with 1T water. I get 4-6 depending on the day You definatly need to reoil the pan between each one.

Depending on what nutritional guideline you follow, they are either zero carb, or less than one carb each. Fill with what ever and roll. my favouring is chicken sausage, avocado, lettuce, grated cheese, mayo and relish. MMMmmm
Old 07-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

So last night I was gifted some crayfish and bluecod. Wanting a little bit more than butter on them - not saying theres anything wrong with butter as a dressing, bless it, I love it! I looked up a bunch of butter sauce receipes and merged them to come up with this:

Lemon butter sauce

1/4c good dryish white wine
juice and zet of one lemon
100gm butter
100gm cream
salt and pepper

put wine and lemon in saucepan and simmer until reduced by about 1/3. Remove from heat, add zest, S&P and cream and mix until smooth. Put back on heat until it reaches simmer and add butter in small chunks at a time, stirring well until blended. Simmer another few minutes until a bit more reduced and serve. Dont let cool at any stage, and dont leave on the simmer too long or it'll seperate.

About six zillion calories a drop
Old 08-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Dont want to lose these

Meat and Egg results
27/6 142.6
29/6 141.3
1/7 140.2
2/7 140.6
3/7 139.5
4/7 139.1
14/7 138.4
17/7 138.2
1/8 138.4
Old 03-15-2014, 11:07 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

The One Year Anniversary...

12 months ago today, I sat down and realised my new 'relaxed fit' jeans were digging into my thighs. That began my learning the difference between food and nutrition. Today, I am 15kgs lighter, have a waist again, no aching joints, no acid reflux, no constant tiredness and unexplained aches and pains. Im probably healthier now at 40 than i was at 30!

loving the low carb lifestyle