Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 01:13 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kiwistars
Stats: 205/192.5/150 (6 foot tall)
WOE: atkins 1972
Start Date: 1st march
hwc=heavy whipping cream or as we call it 'cream'.In the US they also have a mixture of cream and milk(half and half)and I think they have graded cream by milkfat percentages from what I can gather.

wonderland=onederland=getting under 200 lb(91kg)
kiwistars is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2013, 04:51 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Alcmene
Stats: 1st:196//125 Now:170/157/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
I had such a bad day yesterday. I dont know if it was TOM coming in 2 days or a touch of LC flu of what, but I was down on me, the world and if my poor family breathed in the wrong key, they felt my rath. It didnt help that I looked in the mirror and saw this rapidly encroching cellulite was now on my belly. I really dont look good at all.

So I did a rather punishing workout last night - an hour of danicing, 15 mins boxing workout followed by a 3 km run. I could have done more but I had to get up early.

Anyway I got a lovely visit from the 'whoosh fairy' last night. I guessed it was happening when i had to wake up and go to the toilet twice!. 69.2 kg - 152.56 pouinds according to google.

Which does mean I must have read a previous google result wrong since I thought I was 147 pounds. Still, I understand kgs better than i understand pounds and I am happy with my results.

Menu for yesterday:

breakfast muffin, 1/2c yogurt, 3 plums, 1T pumpkin seeds, 1 cup of tea with milk (I dont like cream)

Lettuce salad with egg/ricotta omlette and mushrooms, 1/2c shredded roast chicken, cup of tea

steamed cauliflower, green beans with garlic butter and sausage meat patties with sliced gherkins. cup of tea.
woot well done!

I am following your blog as we have similar stats and I could eat your meny everyday! Fancy cooking it for me? I reckon I could pop down to NZ for lunch once a week ha ha
Alcmene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:42 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
I did eventually figure out hwc was heavy whipping cream but thanks for explaining its just cream. Their names are so confusing And onederland.

I love cooking when I have stuff to play with. I get bored of the same thing. i dont a lot of variation, just enough to keep it interesting.

So, I caved and ate 5 creme eggs. I knew I would be writing that here and I still did it. I gave all the rest away as soon as I did it tho. So the damage isnt too bad. 200gms.

Mind you I did do a 3km run, a 3 km bike ride on the hardest stting and 45 mins of dance to try and burn off some of the glucose before it settled in.

Breakfast: muffin, yougurt, blueberries and peaches

Lunch: lettuce, omlette, shredded chicken, avocade and olives

Tea: Corned beef, steamed cabbage and mock potato casserole. I found a reciepe on here and tweaked it.

All meals with one cup of tea.

DD is going away to her caregivers for the weekend coming. i am thinking of getting some protein powder and doing a shake fast while shes away.
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:20 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Its a bit irritating when you ask someone if a resturant has a low carb/sugar free menu and theyre only reply is 'theres lots of salads available'. I mean, wheres the meat?

B: muffin, peaches, blueberries, yogurt, pumpkin seeds, multi vitimin and cup of tea

L: Subway slaad with meatballs and southwest dressing. Oh how I love that dressing. I could drink it.

D: Left over salad from lunch, left over corned beef, mustard sauce, steamed cabbage and potato casserole from yesterday.

There might be more left overs in dinner. my fridge is so full of 'stuff' I cant fit anything else in it. So I am going to clean it out and dispose of, or eat all those annying almost at the end containers. This weekend Im going to attack the pantry. Its mental we have all this food and no one is eating it.

Got the low carb protein powder for this weekends fast with DH. The LC shake powder was the most expensice BUT it had the highest protein, and the lowest sugar and sodium.

Last edited by lilbeetle; 03-31-2013 at 08:21 PM.. Reason: added thought
Old 04-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

69.1kg/152.3 pounds. Damn Easter eggs.

B: muffin, yogurt, berries and pumpkin seeds. What can I say? its easy, tasty and fills me up

L: 2 lettuce rolls with home cured ham, smoked cheese, tomato, gherkin, and yogurt and garlic dressing. A wee sprinkle of fresh oregano and chives as well. When i first read about these on here I thought it wouldnt work, the lettuce would break and it would taste boring, but its actually pretty good! I think I'll be having those for a few days

D: Leek and courgette soup in homemade chicken stock. Low carb as in the whole pot was about 20gm carb and 4 big bowls only used about 1/3 BUT bland and flavourless compared to the meals Ive become used to on this WOE. Not sure if that'll be leftovers for tea tonight, or if I'll make something else.

DD has gone down 4 dress sizes, Ive gone down one *grumble, grumble* She looks amazing! She is now wearing the jeans I was wearing a month ago. I guess its easier for her since she is younger, but I cant help but admit to some jealousy. DH also said its the first time in our lives he's been able to see that she actually has my body shape under all that weight. Up to now we assumed she took after his mother who is round
Old 04-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

LB:68.4! (150.796pounds)
DD: 79.0 (174.165)

*LB doing Little happy dance*

Good. I am on day 3 of my own personal no cheat challenge and its been oddly hard. I keep getting sudden cravings for KFC.

Yesterdays menu

B: muffin/yogurt/blueberries/pumpkin seeds

L: Flax bread (reciepe to follow) 2 slices of bacon, smear of tomato relish, lettuce, tomato and yogurt dressing

D: left over leek and courgette soup but with all the bacon grease from lunch. Much tastier and more saiting.

Bread:
Well Ive been playing around and reading stuff on the web and found a blog which talked about how meal and flour mixes were more likely to give a bread like result than straight mixes. I know a lot on the forum dont like soya products - I am guessing because it is GM overseas. Anyhoo, I have organic soya flour. So I made up a mix of LSA, flaxmeal and soya at a rate of 2:1:1

Mixed it up following the basic flaxmeal bread reciepe (1 egg, .25t BP, 1t melted butter 3T my new mix of flour.) Spread it over the base of my new silicon loaf tin and nuked one minute, and then again for 20 secs since it wasnt quite cooked. Spread the relish and some butter on it, layers the bacon, lettuce, tomato and dressing on it.

DELISH!!!!

I made the bread again this morning and had peanut butter on it. Not bad. Definatly not bread, but good vehicle for getting peanut butter to your mouth without resorting to a spoon

Last edited by lilbeetle; 04-03-2013 at 01:20 PM..
Old 04-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Something I find so odd and interesting is reading other posters struggles with losing. They calculate their carbs and sugars down to the nth gram and stuggle anyway.

DD and I are a bit casual about the diet. We dont take sugar, and we dont take the 5 evils (potatoes, pasta, white flour, bread and rice) We dont use pre made products unless the per serving amount contains less than 5gm carbs and sugar. We use milk in our tea and we exceed the daily cheese amount regulary. We eat swedes and carrots... and occasionally have eaten bananas, although I stopped that when i saw one banana has 30 odd grams of carbs. I even use coconut flour a bit.

I wonder if I really need to be very concerned about carbs at all. Half of me thinks I would ahve lost weight just by stopping drinking, and DD would have lost if I could get her to stop eating sweets.

I dont mind LCing. The foods good, and its given DD and I something to talk about, plan and do together. No mean feat with a 16 year old! I just wonder why is it easy for us, and hard for the others?
Old 04-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

It is a case of everyone is different but also our food doesn't risk having so many carbs as some American staples.
We don't have high fructose corn syrup in anything,our peanut butter has no sugar(unless you buy the American brands)our cream in a can is just cream etc...I think it is a little easier here.
If you haven't low carbed before it works better too (sneaks up on your body I guess)but that only works once.
I don't measure,cheat quite a bit and did low carb 8 years ago and I still lose a kg a week.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

I suppose, but since most of the LC diet consists of eating 'whole foods' instead of processed foods, I would have thought there would be less issue.

A bit behind.

Thursday
B: 'bread' with butter and vegemite
L: Bacon, lettuce and tomato
D: Roast chicken and roast veges (courgette, capsicum, eggplant, cauliflower, brocoli, swede and mushroom)

Yesterday (Friday)
B: 'bread' with peanut butter
L: bacon, lettuce, avocardo, tomato
D: lamb chops, 1/2 scotch egg, mushrooms and capsicum fried in butter, fried hallomi, garlic butter beans.

Today weigh in.....

68 KGS!

Thats 149.9 pounds for the Americans

Today I am on protein shakes, am for the weekend actually since DD is away at her caregivers. I am using 'Healtheries' low carb, high protein vanilla shakes to replace breakfast and lunch. making it up with milk and adding 1T coconut oil. I warmed the milk because its a chilly morning and I thought it'd be nice. As the shake is cooling, its getting so thick Im almost having to chew it!
Old 04-06-2013, 02:03 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

I was a good girl today. had my milk and CO shake for breakfast. Just had it with water for lunch. Ate a bag of pork crackling as a snack, and had chicken stir fry for dinner. Did a work out and now i am thinking cheese would be nice

Not sure I am really fasting, but I feel virtuous
Old 04-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Up 300 grams, dammit. I dont know if it was the shakes, or the salami and cheese I ate just before going to bed. Ah well. No shakes today.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Oh and forgot to add, failed my 10 day challenge Only made it to day 6. DH poured me a small measured glass of red wine because he was so proud of what I've accomplished, and like a dumb arse, I drank it

So of course all cravings woke up and shouted.

I did a BIG work out but since I am up today, I guess it wasnt enough.

C'est la vie
Old 04-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

on a daily basis weight gain is usually water balance.The salt in the salami is most likely the culprit but we need sodium eating low carb.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

and according to the question I asked on my other thread ragarding my fainting spells, I need even more.

it could be I was just carrying more water.

I've just ordered some ketostix online since its near on impossible to get them from the chemist here. Finally find out if I am in ketosis, or just losing weight the old fashioned way
Old 04-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Yeah i starting salting more stuff as I was never a big salt fan and also taking magnesium (with potassium) tablets.

I feel better no more restless leg or night cramps.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

looking at your food and the speed of weightloss I bet you are in ketosis to some degree.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Thanks kiwi, thats a nice thing to say sometimes I think you dont approve of my menu.

Breakfast was just yogurt,, blueberries and pumpkin seeds. Followed an hour later by some shredded chicken because it was kind of light.

Lunch: fried hallomi, chicken, tomato and peanuts on top of shredded lettuce and garlic dressing.

Dinner will be venison and sausage meatloaf with steamed vege tossed in butter and lots of freshly cracked pepper.

DH wants me to make an appointment to see a doc. Im just worried the doc will want me to quit low darn. Which then puts me in a position of having a terrible diet, or lying to my doctor. Meh, something will happen, it alway does.

Right off to make this weeks muffins. This time I am going to use CO in place of butter
Old 04-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Just tell the doctor you are avoiding sugar and white flour for your health.That is all they need medically and they will approve.
I have no problem with your dietI was just worried it wasn't enough to do the job and you would get disheartened but as it is working I'm impressed(and slightly jealous )
Old 04-07-2013, 12:48 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Maybe I have a higher carb tolerance than you? And you did say it works better the first time you do it.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'll fudge what I'm actually doing somewhat to reduce it being a problem. Frankly I think theres nothing wrong with me. Its just that im a lot fitter than DH has ever believed of me because I dont like working out as hard as he does.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:54 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

are you eating enough salt ?people on a low carb diet need more not less.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

I've always been a big salt eater and I've just discovered the joys of pork crackling.

Its 4:15am and I am 66.8kg. Gonna get early more often
Old 04-08-2013, 01:18 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Been a good day, despite the horrible early morning wake up.

B: muffin! plus yogurt, plums and pumpkin seeds

L: lo-carb shake with a tablespoon of droste cocoa so it was chocolate flavoured. I had to milk and it was the only way I was going to get lunch.

D: left over meat loaf with stir fried veges.

Snack: handful of mixed nuts. 2 flaxmeal crackers with cheese and a glass of coke zero. naughty snacking I know, just worked out that way.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

So-so loss of 100grams. I never seem to lose much on the days I milk. I think it might be because those are the days I dont work out - usually because I am too freaking tired. Going ot the doctors tommorrow regarding the dizzy spells. Only had a couple in the last couple of days, so I think Im coming right.

Food wise: feeeling a little uninspired - again prolly tiredness.

B: muffin, yogurt, pumpkin seeds and blueberries

L: Omlette with salami, shredded chicken, spring onion and ricotta

D: Open burger with my safe bread, patty's fried in bacon grease, lettuce, tomato, egg, cheese and dressing with pork rinds.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:13 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Got my ketostix. It said I have trace amounts. I guess I had better go learn about using them as a tool
Old 04-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Yesterdays food:

B@ muffin yougurt, blueberries, pumpkin seeds
L: lo carb shake with added hazlenuts and cocoa. Horrible. Wont do it again
D: Deep fried food - was craving so snitchel, sweade chips, halomi and salami slices. High calories but of so satisfying.

No loss, but no suprise.

Trying this oil pulling thing. Teeth are getting white and mouth feels cleaner but I have to admit I am REALLY dubious about any of the other claims. As in I dont believe them
Old 04-10-2013, 11:35 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

A good day.

Food:
B: sweet omlette with buttered muffin, blueberries and pumpkin seeds - I ran out of yougurt
L: Was on the run so it ended up being 2 beirsticks and2 slices of chesdale cheese
D: venison patties, left over last night salad, spinach with feta and capsicum sauteed in butter.

Went to the dentist. he said my teeth are the best he has ever seen them

Went to the doctor. She was a bit concerned and has organised a bunch of blood tests, and I got to have my first ever EEG. Will find out results on Monday. She 'thinks' Im just jolly healthy hence the low heartbeat and since I historically have low blood pressure, its not much to worry about either. She is a bit concerned about the dizziness and fainting.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:52 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

So disapointed right now.

Good start to the day - normal muffin etc breakfast. Had an antipasta for lunch of beir stick, smoked cheese, avocado, sour cream, flaxmeal crackers and peanuts.

But I was tired and couldnt be bothered cooking dinner so suggested wewent out for it. I odered something that seemed good on the menu - chicken breast, spinach, brocoli with what on the menu was mashed kumera in maple syrup on the side. What I actually got was chicken swimming in mashed kumera and maple syrup. I scrapped off as much as I could but still. Then my diet coke was very sweet, and it turned out they had given me normal coke. Dammit, sabotaged.

So no surprise I am not in ketosis and have hunger pangs. DD had a bunless burger but also was given the same coke and she is also not in ketosis. Nomrally I at least get treaces, and she has moderate.

Oh well, guess it'll be a tight carb day tomorrow.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:52 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

B: Chocolate low carb protein shake with added coconut oil
L: Raspberry low carb protein shake with added coconut oil
Deppered sausage, and hamburger patties with steamed brocoli, and a salad of roughly chopped tomato, avocado and boiled eggs, with a wee sprinkling of tasty cheese over top. Well dressed with olive oil and some cracked pepper and rock salt. Damn, it was good

Not sure if it was because I was in good form cooking tonight, if it was a particulary fine combination, if I was really hungry from working hard today, or because I had only had shakes all day, but MMMMMMMMMM!
Old 04-12-2013, 11:53 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

LOL @ the poking out tongue from my peppered steak
Old 04-13-2013, 01:35 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Just checked my ketostix...

I am back in ketosis!

I wouldnt have believed such a tiny thing as a glass of coke could knock me out given my less than strict adhearence to the plan as far as veges and alternative flours, but i have been super good with sugar, and there you go.