Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Raindrops On Roses - My Journey In Pictures And Words

I've been meaning to start a journal here since I joined, having read several in my "just lurking the forums" stage. I just kept finding reasons not to get it going, and making excuses for myself.

"Oh, it's already late. I'll just wait until tomorrow."

"I should think of something to say first and have it planned out, that way in case someone reads it they're not bored out of their minds and wondering what in the heck is wrong with me."

"I didn't start at the beginning of my journey, so what's the point in starting a journal now?"

Well... no more psyching myself out, and no more excuses. Here I am, starting my journal! Look out world!!

Alright, all kidding aside... I guess I should start with a little bit about myself. My name is Melanie (I noticed we have another one here too, what a small world!), I'm 27 years old which I'm sure no one will believe when they see pictures of me, and I'm a pretty open-minded laid back sort of person I've been struggling with PCOS since I was quite young, and was diagnosed when I was around 22 I believe. I also recently got diagnosed as being hypothyroid and I'm trying to find someone who'll prescribe me NDT for that so I can get off this Synthroid... it's killing me! I'm quite often depressed, and I also struggled with high cholesterol in the past, but that's mostly under control now. I have high blood pressure though, which I'm hoping will be controlled naturally through my new WOE and the weight loss eventually

I decided to try this WOE because I didn't know what else to do. I'd tried low fat, low calorie, and starving myself in the past... none of which were healthy for me, or worked for more than a fairly short period of time. I was what you could call a yo-yo dieter for sure! I would get down to around 175 pounds eventually by busting my butt and through miserable dieting, and then sure enough I'd be back up above 200 pounds in no time

I was a carb addict. There's no other way to explain the way I used to gorge myself on all the wrong foods. I would literally have a GIANT heaping plate of white rice with just a little bit of meat and veggies on top... probably with some sugary sauce mixed in too. I loved bread and sweets and pasta and potatoes too... but rice was my go-to food. I was absolutely ADDICTED. I'm happy to say that as of January 25th 2013, I haven't had a single bite of any of those foods since! I'm SO proud of myself!

Anyway, I wanted to start a journal to try and keep myself accountable (although I've done great with that so far!) and to also keep track of my own patterns so I can more readily see what works for me, and what doesn't. Also, it's just in my nature to be chatty and write a lot... seriously, I'm a writer at heart and it's my dream to be a published author some day once I get my life and my energy back enough to commit enough time to it! If anyone else is a writer here, I'd love to hear from you too Come to think of it, I should start a thread in the lounge to see if I can weed out the writers in the community... surely I can't be the only one!

Other than writing, I also play a LOT of video games. I mean a LOT. If anyone wants to talk about video games, I'm your gal! I tend to use both hobbies as a way to kind of distract myself from the hardships I go through on a daily basis. If I'm feeling depressed... I usually grab a game, or sit down to write if I can focus. If I'm having a particularly craving filled day for some reason... I do the same. I find that a lot of my eating in the past was either emotional or out of boredom, so I try to control those things as much as humanly possible!

Right now, as of writing this first journal entry, I'm 159.5 pounds. I'm less than 10 pounds away from my first goal, and that feels GREAT! I'm not sure where I'll go from there... I'm only 5'6" or so, so I may set another goal of 130-140 for myself at that point and go from there instead of working my way into maintenance mode. I'll really have to see how I feel when I get there

So far I've lost all my weight with very minimal exercise... we're talking maybe a 20 minute walk once every two weeks here, and that's a maybe When I get a bit closer to goal, I definitely want to try and tone a bit and add in some cardio though! I think I have this silly fear that exercising is going to be counter-productive for me, and I'll wind up sabotaging myself or something. I do have problem areas (especially my tummy and my arms!) that I need to tone though, so I'll have to take that leap eventually!

My WOE right now... I guess it's NK, now that I've been introduced to that board. It's really nice to find a place where I feel like my WOE belongs I also say that I'm Primal-ish, because while I don't stick to a Primal diet 100% of the time, I do try to limit my intake of processed foods and try to eat as naturally as possible whenever possible.

I'm sure some of you have seen my before/during pics in some of the other threads, but I thought I'd put them up here as reference too... and a motivation for me to keep posting, and keep working to better myself! I hope I don't scare anybody with my face

Here's a body shot of me at my heaviest, and me last week at 159.5:

And here's a face shot of me at one of my heaviest weights, and me the other week as well:

I know I can definitely see the progress, and that's what's been keeping me going now that my weight loss has pretty much stalled and I keep gaining and losing the same few pounds. I know I'll break through it eventually, and I know that I'm still slowly losing inches even if the scale isn't moving. It's just SO HARD sometimes not paying attention to the number you see on that darn thing!

Other than that, not much is new with me that's worth noting in here to start off my journal... I just started taking Potassium and Magnesium supplements, and eventually want to start Calcium, D3, B12, and Biotin at the very least once I work out the dosages I should be taking. I'm working on seeing a new doctor for my thyroid problems, and suffering through how miserable Levothyroxine makes me feel in the meantime. I wouldn't doubt if some of that has been causing my stalling, but who really knows? All I know is I'm ready for a change!
raindroproses is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Totals for today:

B - chocolate egg cream
L - 1/8 cup macadamia nuts, 1/2T EVCO
D - bunless burger topped with bacon, cheddar, a fried egg, and a bit of mayo with a side caesar salad (sans croutons)
S - diet black cherry limeade, piece of dark chocolate, homemade apple cider vinegar tonic

1504 calories, 124g fat, 79g protein, 12g total carbs, 1840mg sodium, 4g sugar

76% Fat | 21% Protein | 3% Carbs
Old 03-25-2013, 05:52 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

The scale finally budged this morning... I'm down to 159! It isn't much, but it certainly is progress. Especially while I'm staying with my father who wants to dine out literally every day. Wahoo!!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Went out twice today, so I'm definitely feeling like tomorrow I'll see a climb in the scale... not so much from fat gain, but definitely from some water weight. I'm cringing just thinking about it and I KNEW I should have cooked for dinner, but I'm so weak whenever someone says they'd rather go out!

I know I overdid it on sodium tonight. I'm not sure how so many people doing NK say you can get up to 5 grams of sodium per day... it seems like if I go much over 2 grams per day I start retaining water like a beast

Hopefully if I do see a climb tomorrow (like I'm almost sure I will) I'll be able to be that much stronger next time in resisting going out twice in a day like that... I would have been fine if I would have went with my initial idea of cooking and staying in!

Totals for the day:

B - 3 egg omelette with sausage and american cheese
L - diet root beer with 1T of HWC
D - two bunless sliders with mayo, and two plates of salad from the salad bar with bacon, egg, black olives, cheese, a little touch of sunflower seeds, and ranch dressing
S - NONE! Well, except my Braggs ACV tonics I've been mixing up but they're zero cal

1576 calories, 135g fat, 81g protein, 15g total carbs, 2,666mg sodium , 4g sugar

77% Fat | 20% Protein | 3% Carbs
Old 03-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Back up to 160 this morning thanks to my love affair with sodium yesterday... paying for it, but hopefully I at least managed to learn my lesson!
Old 03-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Well, today was a much better day sodium-wise. I'm not sure what that'll really translate to at the end of the day (or more importantly, at weigh-in tomorrow morning!) but I'm at least feeling good about controlling my food choices a little bit better today.

My accomplishment for the day? I managed to stay in ALL DAY. And I even cooked things that I would have previously binged on, and stayed away from them entirely!

For breakfast, I had my usual chocolate egg cream. I'm almost wondering if I should try and go a little easier on the protein powder soon to see if that helps at all, because I feel like I'm having a significant portion of my protein/calories in the morning which doesn't leave much room for lunch if I want a big dinner. Maybe I'll try 3/4 of a scoop next time instead of a full one and see if I'm still satisfied with it... cutting back even a little has to count for something, right?

My dad was hungry and (of course) probably wanted to go out for breakfast... but before he could get any further than, "I'm hungry" I decided to cut him off by offering to cook him something. To my surprise, he actually said yes to the offer and I wound up making him a giant omelette with leftover corned beef and some American cheese (it's his favorite)

Lunch was light... I only had 1/8 cup of macadamia nuts, and 1/2T of EVCO along with one of my apple cider vinegar tonics I've been mixing lately. I'm not sure if they're helping me or not, but I figured they certainly can't hurt! Plus they're actually quite tasty, so I don't mind slurping them down a few times a day!

I tried something entirely new tonight for dinner, and LOVED it! I mixed together ground chuck that I'd browned in a pan along with some sambal oelek (LOVE THIS STUFF!!) and some minced garlic, and tossed that with some steamed broccoli and 1/4 cup of alfredo sauce.

BEST. THING. EVER.

Who would have thought spicy alfredo would be so good?? I made noodles with it for my dad, who was quite happy to have stayed in because he LOVES noodle dishes... I think he'd missed me cooking them for him, but in truth I'd been afraid of cooking them ever since giving them up. So much of my strategy as far as adapting to my new WOE so far has been using the "out of sight, out of mind" mentality, and he was the first person I've cooked something for that was out of plan for me. Sure it wasn't RICE which was my absolute binge food before, but I used to enjoy noodles too, and I'm SUCH a "smell it and want it" sort of person... needless to say I was worried about having to smell the noodles cooking, especially when I was hungry. I'm so proud of myself for resisting! I did really well!

Tonight I'll probably take it easy on snacks too... just my daily piece of dark chocolate, and probably some HWC to add to some diet soda for a "float" that's really tasty

Really hoping all my hard work translates to a positive move in the scale tomorrow, but I'm having a feeling I might see a couple more bummer weigh-ins before I really get anywhere... we shall see tomorrow morning though!

Totals for the day:

1483 calories, 117g fat, 75g protein, 19g total carbs, 1151mg sodium, 8g sugar

73% Fat | 22% Protein | 5% Carbs

Hoping for another positive willpower day tomorrow!

Last edited by raindroproses; 03-26-2013 at 02:40 PM..
Old 03-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Instead of having a diet float tonight for a snack, I turned my extra allowance of HWC and EVCO into some bulletproof tea... and wow was it ever delicious and filling!

I think I'm going to have to give that a shot from now on, unless I'm REALLY craving that carbonation for some reason. I find most carbonated things (or things I'd WANT to add to carbonated things anyway) have citric acid in them, and sometimes that seems to stall me a bit. It probably wouldn't hurt me to cut some of that out in the long run!

Hoping for a good day tomorrow, but accepting the fact that (due to circumstances beyond my control) the scale may be up again... ran into a bit of emotional stress today, and it always seems like whenever I find myself crying and feeling upset I'll see a climb in the scales afterward thanks to that wonderful cortisol spike. Thanks body, as if I don't have enough cortisol coursing through my system at any given moment anyway

Fingers crossed that tomorrow is a better emotional health day, and I'm able to continue on making the right decisions with my diet! Feeling much better tonight than I was earlier in the day, so that's a step in the right direction I'd say
Old 03-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rebecca1979
Stats: 286/239/199 (for now!)
WOE: 2208/442 (11/5/13)
Start Date: October 19, 2013
You are doing an excellent job! I'm love your journal! =D
Rebecca1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca1979 View Post
You are doing an excellent job! I'm love your journal! =D
Awww thank you very much! I was actually wondering if anyone would be reading this silly thing I really appreciate it!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:15 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Well, this morning I'm back down to 159.5... this scale is driving me nuts!

Even still, a positive change is a positive change even if I keep gaining and losing that same pound!
Old 03-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Story of my life! =D
Old 03-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Well, an interesting day overall and not a terribly bad one either I'm proud to say!

Had a bit of a rough time yesterday emotionally, having to deal with some of the stresses that are all too common in my life... but thankfully this morning, despite not getting QUITE an adequate amount of sleep, I saw a half pound drop on the scale which eliminated some of that pesky water weight from my sodium craze the other day! I also got some good news this morning regarding what's been stressing me out, and I got to talk to my love on the phone for the first time in ages... so that's always a good way to start my day too

This morning I tried something new for breakfast. I had bulletproof tea instead of my usual chocolate egg cream, and I have to say... it worked out really well, and freed me up to enjoy a real lunch for a change I was even full from the tea for a handful of hours too, so I may try that from now on unless I'm planning a workout or I'm planning on a shake for lunch once I head back home and am done visiting with family!

For lunch, I treated myself to McDonalds for the first time in over a year. It was really yummy! I ordered myself a quarter pounder plain with no bun and they didn't even look at me funny when I did it I took it home and put on my own slice of cheese because I found that theirs actually has more carbs in it for some reason... strange! My dad wanted french fries which bothered me a bit to smell, but I'm proud to say I didn't steal any out of the bag on the way home

My dad and I wound up at Red Robin for dinner, and all I can say is WOW to to their lettuce wrapped burgers! Their lettuce "bun" is HUGE!! SO delicious, and even tastier than the regular ones with a real bun if you ask me... and that's high endorsement from a former carb lover! I ordered the Royale which had bacon and fried egg on it, and had them minus the tomato and margarine. Bacon egg and mayo on top of a delicious beef patty wrapped in lettuce? YES PLEASE!!

So far... no snacks either! I can't believe it! Maybe I really do better with a lighter breakfast and a heavier lunch? I know I'll have my daily piece of dark chocolate, but that'll probably be it other than another ACV tonic perhaps. Those are just super tasty and I'm loving them more each day!

Here's my totals for the day:

1540 calories, 136g fat, 69g protein, 10 total carbs, 1740mg sodium, 2g sugar

79% Fat | 18% Protein | 3% Carbs

Pretty great day! A little higher in calories, but since they're from fat and not from protein or carbs I'm hoping it'll be okay Plus 1540 isn't all that high... I'm just usually in the 1400-something range. Come to think of it, I don't even know what's appropriate for me to be eating. Hmm!

I also got myself a new water bottle today, and I'm LOVING it so far! It has the ounces marked on it so I can see how much I've drank which helps a ton It's also much easier to drink out of than my bobble is, so yay for that

This is what it looks like:

Hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow, but preparing for some bounce just in case!
Old 03-28-2013, 12:20 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

I love my bottles to have hashes so I can see my progress! My tracker and I have talked endlessly about going to Red Robin for the Royal Red Bin burger! *faints* =)
Old 03-28-2013, 07:49 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I love my bottles to have hashes so I can see my progress! My tracker and I have talked endlessly about going to Red Robin for the Royal Red Bin burger! *faints* =)
Oh my goodness, that burger is FANTASTIC! I'm going back there today probably, just because I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since

I love my bottles to have them too! This one has them it's just around the back of the bottle so you can't really see them from that angle. I should have taken my own picture to share but... well... I was super lazy last night
Old 03-28-2013, 07:51 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I was kind of fearing the scale today because I probably didn't get more than 4 hours of sleep last night or so... but lo and behold, I woke up to a mini-whoosh! My first whoosh ever, since I'm normally used to seeing only .5 or 1 pound differences!

Yesterday's weigh in: 159.5
Today's weigh in: 158!
Old 03-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Today's going to be an easy day to log! I wound up loving what I had yesterday so much that I decided to eat the same exact thing... yes, for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner. Same snacks too. Man, I'm getting boring

The only thing I did differently today was go out for a bit of a walk, but I'm hoping that won't disrupt things TOO much... I know sometimes I tend to gain when I exercise, and I'm not always so sure it's muscle. I think some of it is pesky water retention creeping up again It was only 1 1/4 miles though, and just about 25 minutes. It was a nice day for a change, and I figured a little cardio wouldn't hurt me. I hoped anyway

I don't remember if I actually mentioned it before or not (and I'm far too lazy to go back and reread right now) but I finally broke down and ordered a Callanetics DVD which should be coming in the mail pretty soon. I don't know if I'll get into that BEFORE I reach goal, or when I'm actually there or a bit closer due to my silly fear of weight gain while exercising... but I'm hoping it'll help me tone up some of these flabby "train-wreck" areas I've got going on after losing some of my fat stores. I hear good things, so I'm hoping it works for me! Looking good with your clothes on is great and all... but looking good with them off? THAT'S what to aspire to!

Be interesting to see if I notice a scale jump tomorrow since I lost today... between the exercise and my stress levels being high due to messed up sleep I wouldn't doubt it. But I've still got my fingers crossed for good news!

Totals for the day:

1540 calories, 136g fat, 69g protein, 10 total carbs, 1740mg sodium, 2g sugar

79% Fat | 18% Protein | 3% Carbs
Old 03-29-2013, 06:05 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Up a half pound to 158.5 this morning... not shocked given my 4 hours of sleep the previous day, and my measly 3 hours today. I'm dead tired, and that combined with the exercise has probably shot my cortisol through the roof!

Hopefully I'll be able to take a nice long nap when I get home from breakfast with the family... already had my super filling bulletproof tea this morning, so I'm hoping that'll allow me to just graze at the restaurant compared to what I normally chow down on. My plan is just to order a couple side orders. One of eggs, and one of bacon
Old 03-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Doesn't the body naturally fluctuate a couple pounds?? Enjoy your nap!!!

Hey, what's bullet proof tea?

PS when I was talking about Red Robin.. LCF edited me talking about my diet buddy (but I called them a famous tracker not thinking about it) That's why it was tracker. =D
Old 03-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Doesn't the body naturally fluctuate a couple pounds?? Enjoy your nap!!!

Hey, what's bullet proof tea?

PS when I was talking about Red Robin.. LCF edited me talking about my diet buddy (but I called them a famous tracker not thinking about it) That's why it was tracker. =D
Haha! I hate it when that happens... I remember I posted about my tracker too before, not even linking to it or anything and my post went into moderation. Learned my lesson really quick!

Bulletproof tea is pretty much what I drink instead of the bulletproof coffee most everyone else makes... I have to watch my caffeine intake unfortunately, so I've been adjusting to tea. Luckily I LOVE hot tea. Especially from Republic of Tea! Basically all it is, is taking either hot tea or coffee and adding coconut oil and HWC to it. A lot of people swear it gives them a ton of energy in the morning to get going, but I drink it for the other health benefits that go along with drinking it (from the coconut oil, and from keeping my fat intake up where I need it!) and to get full. Normally I only have a tall mug of tea in the mornings now with 1/2T of EVCO and 2T of HWC. Fills me up til lunch!

And yeah, you're right... some people's bodies fluctuate by up to 5-6 pounds on any given day that I've seen! Mine is usually right around the same though, give or take a half pound or a pound. Occasionally I'll see a 2 pound jump, but that's usually when I've done something REALLY bad like eating too much salt I really do think today was partially from the exercise though, and partially from how very little I've slept in the past couple days. I know the last time I was stressed out and my sleep suffered from it, I gained a couple pounds until everything leveled out... meanwhile nothing in my diet changed at all. Bodies are so confusing sometimes! LOL
Old 03-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Went to breakfast with my grandma and my dad, and stayed completely on plan with what I wanted to order... watched everyone wolf down huge plates of food, and just had two eggs and three strips of bacon myself. Man that bacon was good!

I'm far too tired to really get into the details of EVERYTHING I ate... I was boring again and went back to Red Robin anyway, so none of you really need a re-repeat about how good their lettuce wrapped burgers are I also took another walk, so we'll see how that affects me tomorrow! I wonder if I'll see another scale jump because of the excess cortisol again? Hoping to sleep much better tonight!

My Callanetics DVD came in the mail too, but I probably won't be able to check that out until I'm back home... there's just no room at my dad's, LOL.

Totals for the day:

1549 calories, 136g fat, 68g protein, 10 total carbs, 3g sugar

80% Fat | 17% Protein | 3% Carbs
Old 03-30-2013, 08:32 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Well, color me surprised! I'm down to 157.5 this morning!!
Old 03-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Well, today was a pretty good day overall I think! Started the day on a positive note with my weigh-in... I was completely shocked to see 157.5 instead of a bounce.

I'm almost certain I'll see a bounce tomorrow though, because I actually TOOK my thyroid medicine today and it seems to make me retain water or gain or something. Yes, yes, I know... I'm bad for experimenting with getting off of it without a replacement and without a doctor's approval. The fact of the matter is though, I'm on the lowest dose anyway and it's never actually managed to regulate ANYTHING. It's only made me worse. All of my hypo symptoms have gotten worse since starting it, so I'm not sure how I can get even worse by stopping it like some people suggest.

That being said, no I'm not stopping it entirely. I've only skipped two doses this week (one on Thursday and one today) just to experiment and see how I feel when I skip a dose, because when I TAKE my medicine I feel completely sapped of energy within a few hours and become cripplingly cold... worse than I ever am without it. The days I haven't taken it? I saw a drop in the scale the next day, and I felt like I had more energy. Not PERFECT of course, but not like I'm going to collapse mid-step either! Have I mentioned I HATE that stuff? Well I HATE it!

Anyway, hopefully I'll have another ray of hope once I try and get in contact with this integrated medicine doctor on Monday... I THINK I might have found one that takes my insurance! It'll be awful driving there if I do see this doctor because it's over an hour in either direction from my apartment, but what can I do? I've had a referral to an endo who may or may not have been able to help me anyway who hasn't ever gotten back to me the past month, not even to set up an appointment... and all the integrated medicine doctors are outside of my network for insurance, and $250-$500 PLUS medicine PLUS labwork just isn't realistic for me. If this doctor takes my insurance and can help me, that'll be a miracle and a half at this point... hour+ drive or not!

As for food today... a little different, so I mixed it up a little. Still had bulletproof tea for breakfast which was a nice start to the day It was pretty sunny out and 50-something today again, so I went for a quick 20-some minute walk too. I don't know if the cardio has really been helping anything, but it's still nice to get out all the same!

For lunch I wound up cooking a couple Oscar Mayer Selects New York Style hot dogs, and topped them with a bit of sauerkraut and yellow mustard. Mmmmm... just like I remember in NYC when I used to order from the food carts! (Except without that pesky bun!)

Dinner I had another burger, but I FINALLY escaped from Red Robin My dad and I checked out Five Guys Burgers and Fries for the first time ever today, and I have to say... they were pretty good! I was kind of bummed out about not having fries, I admit (seriously, I always told myself if I ate there I'd at least have to TRY them even though I wasn't ever a HUGE fry person to begin with) but I did good and didn't even have one I did nibble on a few peanuts though when I was waiting on my food, which I don't normally do... but that was the extent of the nuts I've eaten today so I still consider it a victory. I wound up having a bacon burger over there with an extra meat patty and lots of LC-friendly toppings. Yummy!!

Feeling kind of sluggish tonight, so I'm not sure I have anything else to share. I started my new multivitamin (GNC Women's Ultra Mega without Iron or Iodine) today, so I hope that's going to be good for me. I know I used to take the kind WITH iron and iodine, but I keep hearing on here not to take extra iron when you're LC unless you're deficient and I know iodine is something I should stay away from because of my thyroid problems. So I think I'll at least be better on this one than the last

Totals for the day:

1522 calories, 134g fat, 66g protein, 13g total carbs, 1733mg sodium, 1g sugar

79% Fat | 17% Protein | 4% Carbs

Last edited by raindroproses; 03-30-2013 at 08:14 PM..
Old 03-30-2013, 08:23 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Welcome to the forum! You are doing great and your progress pic is amazing! KUTGW!

Ps: I also love the bunless burgers from Red Robin. My second fave is going to Chipotle getting their 'salad' and loading it up with yummys like guacamole, sour cream, and cheese
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:32 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Chillas View Post
Welcome to the forum! You are doing great and your progress pic is amazing! KUTGW!

Ps: I also love the bunless burgers from Red Robin. My second fave is going to Chipotle getting their 'salad' and loading it up with yummys like guacamole, sour cream, and cheese
Awww thank you so much! I really appreciate it I'll have to update with some more pictures soon... if I were at home and not visiting with my dad, there'd probably be food pictures galore on here. I'm normally an avid cook, so this dining out all the time has been crazy!

You know? Chipotle used to be my FAVORITE place to dine out! I was absolutely obsessed with rice, so I used to ask for extra extra extra rice so they'd stuff my bowl full, then beans and steak and sour cream/cheese I'll have to try the salads now though, I never thought of that! I'll have to skip my beans even though I love them (seriously, 22 carbs is WAY too much for me!) but any one of the meats other than chicken along with sour cream and cheese would be really tasty I bet! Thank you for mentioning that
Old 03-31-2013, 01:17 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

I was still at 157.5 this morning somehow, after only sleeping a grand total of about 50 minutes... color me surprised!

I'm kind of feeling like a zombie today, so I'm not sure how much I'll really post. Nothing terribly exciting going on food-wise anyway unless you count bacon. Which I guess, in all fairness, bacon IS pretty exciting

Hope everyone's having a better day than me!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:24 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Wow was today ever trying! I wound up having a bit of an emotionally stressful night last night, and on top of that my body was kind of acting up again (as it is wont to do) so I was really surprised to see I stayed the same on the scale this morning after my glorious 50 minutes of sleep

I'm DEFINITELY bracing myself for a bit of a bounce tomorrow... I didn't see it today, and I kind of was a little weird on my food today I think, so that plus the stress plus my grand total of about 3-4 hours of sleep maximum the past however long might add up to a delayed disaster!

I hope everyone had a good Easter though! I don't celebrate it myself, but I know lots of other LCF's do

For breakfast today? Well, I'd only slept about 50 minutes this morning and I was feeling super moody... so as usual, that translates into less than stellar decision making skills for me I got up and somehow managed to stumble into the kitchen and have my morning mug of bulletproof tea. I was PLANNING on frying a couple eggs for myself and my dad, but at that point I had no energy left and felt awful... so it was out to a diner for us! Got a couple eggs alright, but also ate 5 strips of bacon. UGH. I love bacon, don't get me wrong... but talk about a salt bomb! 5 strips was a bit too much for me, and I REALLY had to watch my salt the rest of the day to be sure I didn't go over. I wouldn't be surprised if I still see some water weight tomorrow from eating that much in one sitting

I wound up skipping lunch altogether to balance out that breakfast and just drank water and ACV tonics during the day... truth be told, I wasn't hungry. In fact I didn't even want dinner until after 6pm, and breakfast was around 10am. I was really surprised I went that long without food!

Dinner was messed up too thanks to my weird breakfast, but I did what I could with it. I felt a little bit bad feeding my dad hot dogs on Easter (although like I said, we don't celebrate and he was actually really excited about them anyway because they're his favorite) but I realistically couldn't order out any place and keep my sodium and protein under control today while still getting in enough fat... not to mention, I'm sure everywhere that was open would have been packed since we didn't have a reservation anywhere!

I, of course, couldn't have hot dogs thanks to how much salt is in them... so I wound up making myself something else that I thought my dad wouldn't be interested in anyway. I wound up with a variation on crackslaw, which was actually really filling and tasty in the grand scheme of things! I browned 1/2 pound of ground beef (75% lean / 25% fat) in a pan with some minced garlic and black pepper, and then toward the end added in a cup of broccoli slaw I'd picked up earlier in the week. Fried that up until it was just slightly tender, and then added 2tsp of sambal oelek (had to watch the amount today unfortunately since it's salty!), 1/8 cup of Bertolli alfredo sauce (again, watching the salt), and 2T of HWC to make up for not having more sauce.

Surprisingly? It was delicious! Don't get me wrong, it LOOKED horrible... like some sort of mushy pile of something I won't even mention here. But taste is really what matters, right? LOL.

Snacks tonight were another mug of bulletproof tea and my daily piece of dark chocolate. I didn't actually feel like I NEEDED anything, honestly... but my calories/fat were a little low for the day and it's better that I take some of my night time vitamins with food... so I figured that'd suffice

Overall, not a great day today and I'm prepared for a bounce in the scale tomorrow... but I'm just glad to be through it honestly! Hopefully I'm feeling better by this time tomorrow, and if the scale is being unkind to me in the morning I can just claim it's a cruel April Fool's joke or something

Totals for the day:

1549 calories, 137g fat, 67g protein, 12g total carbs, 1794mg sodium, 4g sugar

Old 04-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Well, still stuck at 157.5 this morning but no scale bounce is a good thing after the couple days I had! I keep saying it, but I know I'll see it EVENTUALLY because that dreaded TOM is going to be right around the corner again and I know I bloat like crazy whenever that happens... but for now, I'm fairly happy with my weigh-in
Old 04-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Not such an exciting day today, so I don't really have much to share!

Finally got some sleep this morning, which was nice because I had to get up early to head out to breakfast with some family. It's always nice to see family, but I find myself cringing on days I go out for breakfast. Normally I'm okay with my bulletproof tea, and I'm set until lunch... when I go out for breakfast though, I always wind up skipping lunch or having something very small to make up for the excess in protein and sodium I'd be getting otherwise. Why oh why do breakfast meats have to be so salty? I mean EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

Anyway, had my bulletproof tea before I went out to make sure I wasn't tempted to pig out when I saw everyone else's giant plates of potatoes and toast Had two fried eggs and 4 strips of bacon at the restaurant which was tasty, but again, a salt bomb!

Skipped lunch because of breakfast.

I wound up cooking that same variation on crackslaw that I had yesterday to keep my sodium levels down and to use up what I had left. My poor dad (who was beyond ready to go out) got stuck with hot dogs again, but he didn't seem to mind... I wouldn't have either if I could have afforded the sodium but again... breakfast

Going to have some more bulletproof tea in a bit and my daily piece of dark chocolate to round out the night. Not sure what to expect in the morning, but I'm hoping for nothing too bad!

Totals for the day:

1506 calories, 134g fat, 64g protein, 11g total carbs, 1599mg sodium, 4g sugar

Old 04-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
j/c how many mg of sodium do you try to stick to per day??

Breakfast meat is super notorious for salt, they do have some low sodium versions at the grocery store (probably not so much at restaurants though), I usually try to buy low sodium items when they're available as well. Too much salt in food these days.

Oh, also, I saw you're an avid gamer, which do you like?? I was big into MMOs but now have tapered off into more simulation/strategy games since I dont have as much time on my hands.

Last edited by Mad4Chillas; 04-01-2013 at 08:57 PM..
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Chillas View Post
j/c how many mg of sodium do you try to stick to per day??

Breakfast meat is super notorious for salt, they do have some low sodium versions at the grocery store (probably not so much at restaurants though), I usually try to buy low sodium items when they're available as well. Too much salt in food these days.

Oh, also, I saw you're an avid gamer, which do you like?? I was big into MMOs but now have tapered off into more simulation/strategy games since I dont have as much time on my hands.
I try to stick to under 2000mg a day (around 1500mg ideally, if I can) which is really strange for someone following NK, but I'm not sure if it's my thyroid or my blood pressure or what... but if I go over 2000mg I'll usually start retaining water no matter HOW much I drink in a day! It's lousy

I do try to get low sodium versions of things when I can too, but the restaurants are the real trouble... I don't normally do breakfast out, but while I'm on this extended visit with family I generally go out every Monday and Friday with them. So I have to try and squeeze the salt in some place

I'm absolutely CRAZY about video games btw! I probably own at least 500, easily. The only current console I don't have is the Wii U, but I have everything else. I have most of the older school consoles too (NES, SNES, etc)

My favorite games are generally RPGs! I haven't really gotten into MMO's because I'm more of the type to play by myself or with one close friend or something, but it seems like that's the direction a lot of RPG franchises are going so I might have to adapt I'm also getting into FPS a lot more lately (though not so much the war type ones, more like Borderlands if you're familiar with that game... or Dead Island) and I enjoy some sim games. The only things I'm really not that into are racing games (says the person who JUST bought Mario Kart 7 for the 3DS ) and platforming. Well, that and sports games excluding hockey because I just love hockey. I used to play in real life and miss it!

If you're familiar with the names of games, some of my recent favorites have been Skyrim (and Oblivion, which came before it), Mass Effect, Borderlands, Dead Island (love my zombie games!), and Far Cry 3. There's just too many to count, and as you can see... I could probably talk about them for hours! So cool to find another gamer on here!

Last edited by raindroproses; 04-01-2013 at 09:41 PM..