Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 05:57 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Am I dreaming? 157 this morning! That's .5 loss after only about an hour to an hour and a half of sleep... color me surprised yet AGAIN!
raindroproses is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mad4Chillas
Stats: S-16 C-16 G-4
WOE: Atkins Induction/Meat & Egg Fasting
Start Date: 4/5/11 & 1/13/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindroproses View Post
I try to stick to under 2000mg a day (around 1500mg ideally, if I can) which is really strange for someone following NK, but I'm not sure if it's my thyroid or my blood pressure or what... but if I go over 2000mg I'll usually start retaining water no matter HOW much I drink in a day! It's lousy

I do try to get low sodium versions of things when I can too, but the restaurants are the real trouble... I don't normally do breakfast out, but while I'm on this extended visit with family I generally go out every Monday and Friday with them. So I have to try and squeeze the salt in some place

I'm absolutely CRAZY about video games btw! I probably own at least 500, easily. The only current console I don't have is the Wii U, but I have everything else. I have most of the older school consoles too (NES, SNES, etc)

My favorite games are generally RPGs! I haven't really gotten into MMO's because I'm more of the type to play by myself or with one close friend or something, but it seems like that's the direction a lot of RPG franchises are going so I might have to adapt I'm also getting into FPS a lot more lately (though not so much the war type ones, more like Borderlands if you're familiar with that game... or Dead Island) and I enjoy some sim games. The only things I'm really not that into are racing games (says the person who JUST bought Mario Kart 7 for the 3DS ) and platforming. Well, that and sports games excluding hockey because I just love hockey. I used to play in real life and miss it!

If you're familiar with the names of games, some of my recent favorites have been Skyrim (and Oblivion, which came before it), Mass Effect, Borderlands, Dead Island (love my zombie games!), and Far Cry 3. There's just too many to count, and as you can see... I could probably talk about them for hours! So cool to find another gamer on here!
Quote:
Am I dreaming? 157 this morning! That's .5 loss after only about an hour to an hour and a half of sleep... color me surprised yet AGAIN!

You do love your games!! Haha people are always surprised to find that I consider myself a gamer (more so the PC) kind, but I am familiar with all the games you listed, I have a lot of male gamer friends so I pretty much know when a new game is released. I also have played on a lot of consoles and am looking forward to the new Xbox and the PS3 to come out but currently I dont have any of the newer consoles-I just play on my Bfs :P

I used to play a lot of Lineage II, then I transitioned to WoW, and also played a little Aion. I love love love Pikmin and Pikmin 2, any of the Zelda Games, Resident Evils (More so the more puzzley ones vs. FPS)--just to name a few... (I also like tower defense games like Pixel Junk on the PSP), and recently I Just bought Spore and this cute game called Warp where you're a little robot alien trying to escape from your captors. I was also really excited for Sim City 5 to come out but it had such awful reviews that I just stuck to Sim City 4, disappointing!

On another note! Your sodium levels sound really good, I usually try and keep mine under 2500 but sometimes it goes a little over, but I do suffer from water retention when that happens. Also great job on the loss! Scales can be so fickle sometimes but its nice when they move in the right direction
Mad4Chillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Chillas View Post
You do love your games!! Haha people are always surprised to find that I consider myself a gamer (more so the PC) kind, but I am familiar with all the games you listed, I have a lot of male gamer friends so I pretty much know when a new game is released. I also have played on a lot of consoles and am looking forward to the new Xbox and the PS3 to come out but currently I dont have any of the newer consoles-I just play on my Bfs :P

I used to play a lot of Lineage II, then I transitioned to WoW, and also played a little Aion. I love love love Pikmin and Pikmin 2, any of the Zelda Games, Resident Evils (More so the more puzzley ones vs. FPS)--just to name a few... (I also like tower defense games like Pixel Junk on the PSP), and recently I Just bought Spore and this cute game called Warp where you're a little robot alien trying to escape from your captors. I was also really excited for Sim City 5 to come out but it had such awful reviews that I just stuck to Sim City 4, disappointing!

On another note! Your sodium levels sound really good, I usually try and keep mine under 2500 but sometimes it goes a little over, but I do suffer from water retention when that happens. Also great job on the loss! Scales can be so fickle sometimes but its nice when they move in the right direction
See, I'm a console gamer through and through and I've never enjoyed PC gaming much... although maybe if I had a better machine for it I'd feel differently! I used to sit around and play Rollercoaster Tycoon and The Sims for hours on PC though when I had the time. Nowadays I spend most of my gaming hours on my Xbox, or if I'm not home usually my 3DS or my Vita/PSP.

Oh man, ZELDA! How could I have forgotten Zelda? One of my favorite franchises, hands down... I LOVE Zelda! What's your favorite of the series btw? Mine's Ocarina of Time I have lots of fond memories of Zelda on the N64 from back in the day.

I love Resident Evil too (if you couldn't tell by my zombie comment earlier!) and my favorite is probably Code Veronica: X

Another one of my favorite gaming franchises in the history of gaming is probably Silent Hill... I LOVE Silent Hill! I also loved Silent Hill: Downpour, which a lot of people thought was awful for some reason. It's one of my favorites! I own every Silent Hill game that's ever come out in the US including the originals AND the HD collection that recently came out for the newer consoles

I also LOVE Final Fantasy, if you've ever played any of those games. I know you mentioned not having a lot of time recently though so I'm sure RPGs aren't really on your agenda right now Again, my favorite of the bunch was not a fan favorite at all... Final Fantasy X was my favorite, and they're FINALLY remaking it for the PS3/Vita so I'll be excited to see that rereleased (and will probably buy it for both platforms, LOL!)

Kingdom Hearts is great too imo!

I do have Warp I believe, but not Spore... it looked really good though! I know there's an arcade game out for Xbox Live and I believe Playstation Network as well that's called Swarm, and it's a lot like Pikmin in some ways. It's super cute, but I'm just lousy at puzzle/platformers usually so I haven't played it since I got it. I know a couple friends of mine are crazy about it though!

What a bummer about Sim City though, I know they were really hyping it up for a long time before it got released. I wonder what happened there? I was actually debating getting a gaming PC this year and was thinking about picking up a copy if it was any good... I guess it's a good thing I didn't go ahead and buy it from the sounds of it! Although I think with a lot of games, they just need to let the franchise go after a certain point. Like Sim City, and The Sims, and Rollercoaster Tycoon. I loved ALL of those games when they first came out, and well into the second generation of them... but it seems like the most recent releases for all of them stink compared to their older counterparts. I don't know, maybe that's just me!

Oh, and thank you!! I'm definitely happy I haven't seen a jump lately with all the sleep I've lost and the stress I've been under... sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy, so it's nice when the scale at least cooperates! And sodium definitely IS a pesky little thing when you have too much of it! It's so weird to me because other people following NK claim you need much MORE salt than a traditional diet, and most of them eat between 3000-5000mg a day and do well on that. If I did that, I think I'd be sick and you'd have to roll me out of the restaurant or wherever I ate... I'd probably inflate with water like a balloon!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Had a pretty lousy and stressful night last night, so I wound up skipping my nightly post. Love is a pain in the rear end, and that's all I'm going to say about that so I don't think about it all over again

Anyway, yesterday wasn't all that exciting anyway. I wound up drinking FOUR mugs of bulletproof tea just to get my calories and fat up to where I wanted them to be... yikes! I was worried drinking a big portion of my calories would wind up working against me somehow, but so far so good. My weigh-in this morning had me still at 157, so I guess I'm not much worse for wear after all the stress and the weird eating habits

Basically I had bulletproof tea for both breakfast and lunch. The breakfast thing is normal for me of course, but lunch happened partially because I had only gotten about an hour of sleep at the time/was stressed out/had to take my dog into the vet for a checkup, and partially because I wanted to make sure I didn't go over on sodium and protein thanks to the bigger dinner I had planned.

For dinner my dad and I went out to Outback Steakhouse so I could try the New Zealand Rack of Lamb. I honestly wasn't all that impressed (despite loving lamb other places!) so that was kind of a bummer, and I would have been happier with a nice ribeye or something. I did eat it though along with 2 servings of grilled asparagus as my sides, and that was delicious as always... I love asparagus!

Snacks... two mugs of bulletproof tea, my piece of dark chocolate, and I finally was able to try out some cream cheese clouds. They were pretty good

Totals for yesterday:

1509 calories, 133g fat, 65g protein, 13g total carbs, 1654mg sodium, 0g sugar

79% Fat | 17% Protein | 4% Carbs
Old 04-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh man, ZELDA! How could I have forgotten Zelda? One of my favorite franchises, hands down... I LOVE Zelda! What's your favorite of the series btw? Mine's Ocarina of Time I have lots of fond memories of Zelda on the N64 from back in the day.

I also LOVE Final Fantasy, if you've ever played any of those games. I know you mentioned not having a lot of time recently though so I'm sure RPGs aren't really on your agenda right now Again, my favorite of the bunch was not a fan favorite at all... Final Fantasy X was my favorite, and they're FINALLY remaking it for the PS3/Vita so I'll be excited to see that rereleased (and will probably buy it for both platforms, LOL!)

What a bummer about Sim City though, I know they were really hyping it up for a long time before it got released. I wonder what happened there? I was actually debating getting a gaming PC this year and was thinking about picking up a copy if it was any good... I guess it's a good thing I didn't go ahead and buy it from the sounds of it! Although I think with a lot of games, they just need to let the franchise go after a certain point. Like Sim City, and The Sims, and Rollercoaster Tycoon. I loved ALL of those games when they first came out, and well into the second generation of them... but it seems like the most recent releases for all of them stink compared to their older counterparts. I don't know, maybe that's just me!

Oh, and thank you!! I'm definitely happy I haven't seen a jump lately with all the sleep I've lost and the stress I've been under... sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy, so it's nice when the scale at least cooperates! And sodium definitely IS a pesky little thing when you have too much of it! It's so weird to me because other people following NK claim you need much MORE salt than a traditional diet, and most of them eat between 3000-5000mg a day and do well on that. If I did that, I think I'd be sick and you'd have to roll me out of the restaurant or wherever I ate... I'd probably inflate with water like a balloon!
I'd have to say my favorite Zelda was Ocarina of Time defintely, I loved loved loved my N64 and I acutally still have it in my apartment. I did really like wind waker though, but I wasnt a huge fan of Skyward Sword but thats just because I dont like having to use the Wii Mote (I liked being able to use regular controllers). I have also played some final fantasy, about a year ago I visited every gamestop looking for Crystal Chronicles on the Gamecube and finally found it Im a little dated but I still love to play. I havent played Silent Hill but Ive always been curious about it (Im a BIG horror movie fan) so thats right up my alley--I even own the movie

I also think sometimes they should just retire some games, I have a Sims 3 and a few of their expansions because I loved the old games but now I think that its becoming out of hand with an expansion and new stuff every month--If i hadnt built my own computer with a huge harddrive Im sure my computer would be super unhappy running all those EA games that suck up my space.

Also I heard the issue with Sim City was is that you have to be online in order to play and use their servers and there are a bunch of problems with their servers launching and user capability. I would have just preferred if they stuck to the old style of the game, but oh well I still have Sim City 4 and it keeps me fairly entertained. Maybe if it ever goes on sale for $10 I'd consider buying it

And the sodium monster...lol, that is surely the bane of my existance. When I first did LC in 2011 I worked nights so was used to eating only 2 meals so my lunch was sort of my breakfast and then Id have dinner so I didnt have much of an issue with keeping my sodium low (unless I ate out) but now that I work days like a normal person I eat 3 meals a day and for simplicty sake I like having a salad at lunch, but the meat and the dressing I put on it seem to just have a lot of sodium so I try and keep my intake minimal at dinner and also drink lots of water, but alas I still retain sometimes *really does not help when its TOM either!*

Quote:
Had a pretty lousy and stressful night last night, so I wound up skipping my nightly post. Love is a pain in the rear end, and that's all I'm going to say about that so I don't think about it all over again

Anyway, yesterday wasn't all that exciting anyway. I wound up drinking FOUR mugs of bulletproof tea just to get my calories and fat up to where I wanted them to be... yikes! I was worried drinking a big portion of my calories would wind up working against me somehow, but so far so good. My weigh-in this morning had me still at 157, so I guess I'm not much worse for wear after all the stress and the weird eating habits

Basically I had bulletproof tea for both breakfast and lunch. The breakfast thing is normal for me of course, but lunch happened partially because I had only gotten about an hour of sleep at the time/was stressed out/had to take my dog into the vet for a checkup, and partially because I wanted to make sure I didn't go over on sodium and protein thanks to the bigger dinner I had planned.

For dinner my dad and I went out to Outback Steakhouse so I could try the New Zealand Rack of Lamb. I honestly wasn't all that impressed (despite loving lamb other places!) so that was kind of a bummer, and I would have been happier with a nice ribeye or something. I did eat it though along with 2 servings of grilled asparagus as my sides, and that was delicious as always... I love asparagus!

Snacks... two mugs of bulletproof tea, my piece of dark chocolate, and I finally was able to try out some cream cheese clouds. They were pretty good

Totals for yesterday:

1509 calories, 133g fat, 65g protein, 13g total carbs, 1654mg sodium, 0g sugar

79% Fat | 17% Protein | 4% Carbs
I am also a sucker for 1 piece of dark chocolate a day, and Ive been hearing so much about this bulletproof coffee and tea thing I might have to give it a try. I have some Coconut Oil in my pantry I need to use up!

Ps: Congrats on 157!
Old 04-04-2013, 07:27 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'd have to say my favorite Zelda was Ocarina of Time defintely, I loved loved loved my N64 and I acutally still have it in my apartment. I did really like wind waker though, but I wasnt a huge fan of Skyward Sword but thats just because I dont like having to use the Wii Mote (I liked being able to use regular controllers). I have also played some final fantasy, about a year ago I visited every gamestop looking for Crystal Chronicles on the Gamecube and finally found it Im a little dated but I still love to play. I havent played Silent Hill but Ive always been curious about it (Im a BIG horror movie fan) so thats right up my alley--I even own the movie
Wind Waker was a really good game... although really underrated if you ask me, because so many people were up in arms about the cartoon-y looking graphics! I don't think enough people gave it a chance, but the neat thing is (you might have heard this already from your gamer friends, LOL) they're coming out with a remake for the Wii U that should be awesome! The Wii U is the only thing I DON'T have though... I may need to give in and buy it eventually!

I'm the same way with the darn Wii-Motes though I'll admit it, I don't like the motion control aspect of the Wii... I think it's gimmicky, and please give me a normal old controller any day of the week I THINK you can play most Wii games with a classic controller though, and some even allow you to use Gamecube ones... if you can get a hold of one of the classic controllers you could probably play Skyward Sword uninterrupted by lousy motion controls! That is, unless Nintendo forced the Wii-Mote on the game. I'm not sure... I only just the other day bought Twilight Princess because I usually hate the Wii so much, LOL.

I actually have Crystal Chronicles, but I've never played it! I hear it's a lot different than the main games in the series but I hear it is pretty good... I'll have to get back into my old Gamecube games and give it a go when I'm home

And oh man, do it! Play Silent Hill!! They really are fantastic games if you're a horror movie fan at all... I adore horror movies AND survival horror games, so it's great. People didn't like Downpour partially because (while there WERE guns) you primarily used whatever weapon you could find laying around... be it wooden plank, crowbar, frying pan And they broke after you used them too many times. I thought that really added to the survival aspect of it myself! I've beaten that game 3 times I believe... the older ones were great too, although 4 is the one most different from the others as far as the core games are concerned. I just picked up Book of Memories for the Vita for my birthday and it's pretty good... it's just a dungeon crawler though with Silent Hill graphics/characters.

It's too bad I don't know you in real life, I swear Video games AND horror movies? You're awesome in my book!

Quote:
I also think sometimes they should just retire some games, I have a Sims 3 and a few of their expansions because I loved the old games but now I think that its becoming out of hand with an expansion and new stuff every month--If i hadnt built my own computer with a huge harddrive Im sure my computer would be super unhappy running all those EA games that suck up my space.

Also I heard the issue with Sim City was is that you have to be online in order to play and use their servers and there are a bunch of problems with their servers launching and user capability. I would have just preferred if they stuck to the old style of the game, but oh well I still have Sim City 4 and it keeps me fairly entertained. Maybe if it ever goes on sale for $10 I'd consider buying it
Agreed! The Sims just got to be too much for me when they started releasing expansion on top of expansion... especially when they could have easily bundled a lot of them together and just made a FEW packages out of it. EA is all about money from what I've seen. They've done the same thing with several console games I enjoy from them. It's terrible!

Good for you on building your own computer BTW... I've been wanting to, but I feel like I'd probably bust something because while I've replaced parts in my laptops throughout the years I know next to nothing about building a desktop

And ugh... any game that forces you to be online constantly is just a disaster in my book. I don't know why they do that stupid crap other than to leech more money out of people if that's what they're getting at! I believe Diablo 3 was set up like that when it first came out too, and the servers were absolutely swamped... everything crashed and you couldn't even play the game at all. Needless to say, people were NOT happy

Quote:
And the sodium monster...lol, that is surely the bane of my existance. When I first did LC in 2011 I worked nights so was used to eating only 2 meals so my lunch was sort of my breakfast and then Id have dinner so I didnt have much of an issue with keeping my sodium low (unless I ate out) but now that I work days like a normal person I eat 3 meals a day and for simplicty sake I like having a salad at lunch, but the meat and the dressing I put on it seem to just have a lot of sodium so I try and keep my intake minimal at dinner and also drink lots of water, but alas I still retain sometimes *really does not help when its TOM either!*

I am also a sucker for 1 piece of dark chocolate a day, and Ive been hearing so much about this bulletproof coffee and tea thing I might have to give it a try. I have some Coconut Oil in my pantry I need to use up!

Ps: Congrats on 157!
Oh man, AGREED! I LOVE salads, but everything that goes on them is just so high in sodium that it's terrible! I love going to Ruby Tuesday or something for the salad bar, but whenever I do I know I've gone way over on my sodium for the day... it's such a bummer. I mostly freelance, so work doesn't ever get in my way as far as eating goes... but my own silly tastes seem to get in my way ALL THE TIME Salad? Done with sodium for the day or else 2-3 pound gain the next morning from water. Meat? Love meat to a ridiculous degree, but can't even eat much of that or else I'm over on protein I think I'll be a lot more able to enjoy certain things once I'm in maintenance (which will NOT be at 150 unfortunately... that's just my first goal!) because when I'm still wanting to lose I don't want to throw another wrench in my plans and have things slow down even more, so I'm really trying to be careful!

Oh man... TOM woes. You definitely don't have to tell me twice about those! I'll be having that issue coming up here really soon, and I've actually been having issues in between too all of a sudden which is new and REALLY aggravating... although I hear it's from the excess estrogen that's stored in fat cells being released from my body, so I guess I can't complain MUCH! But I usually gain between 3-5 pounds of water weight during my TOM, and go through lots of really fun (note the sarcasm here) cramping and nausea and all kind of great things. Then again I have PCOS so that makes it a little bit harder as well. But geez it's not kind to us, is it?!

Have you actually heard that eating a piece of dark chocolate a day helps to balance blood sugar and control how insulin is released in the body? That's actually why I eat a piece every day, and I attribute at least some of my success to that on top of LC because I used to be very insulin resistant! I'm not sure how I'd be NOW if I ate a ton of carby foods, granted... but I'm not going to try it! I do think it's helped me lose though. Plus I next to never have chocolate cravings either, because I know at the end of the day I can have a piece

Bulletproof tea/coffee is IMO fantastic! If you don't think you'll be able to handle the oily bit on top even if you keep stirring it, I know some people like to add their coconut oil and HWC and then blend it up really quick... or shake it up in a well sealed container, or use a milk frother! I just stir it myself and the oily nature of it doesn't bother me at all

And awww thank you very much for the congrats! It's hard to believe I'm seeing those numbers, honestly... the other day I weighed myself and saw 157, and the rest of the day I kept thinking: "Wow, I'm down to 175 again! That's great! ....wait a minute, no that's wrong. I'm a LONG way's away from 175!" I got so used to seeing the 170's as my lowest numbers that I guess my brain reversed the two, and wouldn't believe what it saw!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I was bad the other day again and didn't post... I know, I'm an awful person It just wasn't a very good day again honestly. Still kind of messed up from the emotional drama I've been going through since the other day I guess, and I felt SO drained that I didn't want to do much of anything. My eyes burned, my legs felt like Jello... it felt like someone pulled the plug out of me or something, or flipped my "off" switch. I hate it when my body gets like that

Anyway, not a whole lot to note anyway really. I pretty much had a repeat of what I normally do on days I go to Red Robin for lettuce wrapped burgers... it was tasty, but probably not worth totaling up everything for. I know what my totals were, and I ate nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe it does warrant a picture though. I promise there IS a burger in there SOMEWHERE I love it when they wrap it that thick though... it's truly like a bun!

In other news though... I'm down to 156.5 this morning! Only 6.5 pounds away from my first goal!!

I know the dreaded TOM is coming up though, so I'm sure I'll start seeing that scale bounce from bloating a bit but it'll be interesting to see if the things I've been doing to try and keep off water weight will help me at all with that... I'm used to seeing a 2-3 pound bounce most months, so we'll see! Fingers crossed this weekend!!

I also went shopping today and bought some super cute clothes! I both love AND hate shopping lately because it generally takes forever... but it's because I'm so used to my old clothing sizes that I'm never sure WHAT to pick up anymore! I'm always pleasantly surprised whenever I goof and need the next size down

Anyway, hopefully I'll actually be back to post my totals for the day tonight
Old 04-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Aaaaaand here I am! I remembered to post my daily happenings today... hooray!

Today was a lot of fun, all things considered. Yes, I'm still trying to get past the emotional crap and sort of put that out of mind right now... but the scale had me down a half pound today, I bought some cute new clothes that actually FIT me nicely (and got a good deal on them too! ), AND I got to eat some yummy food. So not too bad I suppose!

Had bulletproof tea for breakfast this morning as usual... tomorrow's one of my "out to breakfast with family" mornings, so I'll actually have food to report then Lunch was just an Oscar Mayer New York Style hot dog with a little bit of sauerkraut and mustard on top. I was going to have another mug of tea, but I saved that as an after dinner snack which I'm sipping on right now as I type this.

For dinner my dad and I wound up at Outback Steakhouse again (yeah, I know... the guy LOVES to spend money ) and this time I got the 10oz ribeye with two sides of asparagus. MAN was it good! That was my first time ordering a ribeye there because I used to go with the more lean Outback special (sirloin). I brought along 2T of butter for myself from home (because let's face it, who KNOWS if what they're giving you is actually butter!) and no one even looked at me funny. 1T went on top of my steak, and the other went on top of my veggies. I used the pieces of steak to sop up the extra, and it was beyond tasty! Super filling too!

Later on tonight I'll be having one more mug of bulletproof tea, and then my daily piece of dark chocolate... and that'll do me in for the day. My numbers are looking good today in my tracker though, so at least I managed to stay on track!

Totals for the day:

1525 calories, 133g fat, 68g protein, 14g total carbs, 1435mg sodium, 3g sugar

78% Fat | 18% Protein | 4% Carbs
Old 04-05-2013, 05:45 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Well, no big news this morning... still at 156.5 at weigh-in, but with the dreaded TOM approaching within days, I'm happy not to see a bounce yet at least!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Have I mentioned it's really hard to take pictures of yourself with phones? Because it's REALLY hard to take pictures of yourself with phones. At least ones that have you looking half way decent

Anyway... new picture! Modeling some of my new clothes pretty much What I've discovered from this shopping trip is that I still think I look horrible in sundresses. Then again I'm not sure I've ever thought ANYONE looked spectacular in a sundress, so I'm not sure how much of that is the dress and how much of that has to do with me... but man do my arms and legs ever need work before I'd EVER look good in a dress. Maybe they're just not for me, but I always feel silly that I'm a woman who doesn't own a single dress to wear

I do love my t-shirts and hoodies tho... and my new jeans! They're comfy and fit WAY better than they did when I first got them weeks ago

Old 04-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

You look awesome!!
Old 04-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You look awesome!!
Thank you!! I think I'm starting to love dressing rooms lately
Old 04-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Well, initially I'd planned on cooking tonight and actually trying out the shirataki noodles I ordered for the first time ever... but I wound up caving in to my dad's disappointed "oh" when I told him we probably wouldn't be going out and instead planned an outing for dinner. No biggie, I still stayed on plan which made me happy. ESPECIALLY on a breakfast day, because it's hard to work with the extra protein/sodium being present usually

Breakfast was tasty yet boring because it was the same as usual I had my mug of bulletproof tea a bit before we headed out to the restaurant to knock the edge off of my hunger, and had my two fried eggs and four strips of bacon when I was there. Mmmm bacon

Because of that though, I pretty much skipped lunch... I guess I technically had another mug of bulletproof tea, if you can count that as a meal. I've also taken to drinking at least ONE of my mugs per day without sweetener, even though it's only SF Torani and I don't add that much to each mug. I figure cutting down can't possibly hurt, so why not try?

Dinner wound up being another lettuce wrapped Red Robin burger, which I was happy enough to eat. I really love the Royal minus tomato and the margarine they cook the egg in. Egg, bacon, beef, AND mayo? Yes please! No side for me though, since I couldn't handle the extra sodium of a side salad and didn't care to eat any broccoli really... I love broccoli, but sometimes it's just hard to justify the carbs unless I'm craving it or I NEED it to fill out my meal!

Speaking of no side dish though... can I just say that nosy waitresses who make too many comments just annoy the crap out of me? Because they do! I feel so bad saying that because really, I'm a nice person! But geez man, when someone tells you NO it means NO! LOL.

Basically my ordering went something like this... "I'd like the Royal Red Robin burger, medium, minus tomato and margarine in a lettuce wrap instead of a bun. No fries or side dish please, I'd just like the burger. Nothing with it."

Sounded simple enough to me. But for some reason the waitress started in on me... "Are you sure you don't want some fries? They come with it you know, and they're unlimited so you can eat as many as you want!"

...no I can't eat as many as I want, because I can't even eat one!

So of course I said... "No, I'd just like the burger. Nothing else."

"Well, are you sure you wouldn't like a salad or something? Maybe some rice? We have fruit salad too!"

"No, just the burger please."

"Okay... well are you sure you wouldn't like to order anything else to eat with your burger?"

LADY, I SWEAR! Get a freaking clue!

Anyway... that was my rant for the day. Sometimes I just don't get people Of course I get the same thing every time I go for breakfast too. "I'd just like two eggs, over hard... and a side of bacon. That's it." And then comes the "You're sure you don't want any toast or potatoes?" Yep, pretty sure. That's why I didn't order them!

At least I stayed on plan though, and all was good with the world. I'll have another mug of bulletproof tea before bed and that daily piece of dark chocolate, and that'll do me in for the day... oh, I have another ACV tonic to drink too! Those are important for me right now especially with the dreaded TOM creeping up on me!

Totals for the day:

1560 calories, 140g fat, 67g protein, 8g total carbs, 1766mg sodium, 1g sugar

81% Fat | 17% Protein | 2% Carbs

(Yay super low carb day! )

Last edited by raindroproses; 04-05-2013 at 06:09 PM..
Old 04-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rebecca1979
Stats: 286/239/199 (for now!)
WOE: 2208/442 (11/5/13)
Start Date: October 19, 2013
Ok I love your self portrait! =D Lookin' pretty! I love you refer to something surprising as "Well color me..." It reminds me of Scarlet O'hara "Well Fiddle Dee Dee"

Rebecca1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:52 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca1979 View Post
Ok I love your self portrait! =D Lookin' pretty! I love you refer to something surprising as "Well color me..." It reminds me of Scarlet O'hara "Well Fiddle Dee Dee"

Awww thank you! You're too sweet... sometimes I don't always see it, so it's nice when someone else thinks so

And LOL nice! Well, people have always told me that I was born outside of my era, so maybe that were right!
Old 04-06-2013, 06:53 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Aaaaand the bouncing begins... up .5 pound this morning to 157 I know it's TOM weight starting to come on since I stop my meds tomorrow and everything (which means it's cycle time) but it still doesn't stop me from bumming out on it. Hopefully I don't gain as much as I did last month because of the new regimen I started, but I know I'm already kinda bummed to see that gain
Old 04-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

I went clothes shopping todaaaaaaaay

...I still actually can't believe I can be excited about that, because clothes shopping used to be like watching paint dry for me. Except a lot more painful

Seriously though even though I'm starting to see that water weight coming on thanks to TOM, I had a great time trying on some clothes today and even branched out and tried some new things! I normally would NEVER wear dresses or skirts, but I bought one of each today I grabbed myself a blazer as well, a couple cardigan shrugs, a new hat, and a couple scarves. Not a bad trip! Not cheap either, but oh well

Here's one of the outfits I snagged (the blazer and the skirt... have I mentioned I love this skirt yet? I LOVE THIS SKIRT!)

I'm not feeling much like totaling everything up for the day tonight, so I'm not going to I pretty much ate the same thing as a couple days back, where I went to Outback Steakhouse for the ribeye... only instead of an extra tab of butter, I ordered a side salad because I really wanted one.

I'm scared to step on the scale tomorrow because I know more than a half pound of water weight will creep on this week, but I'm going to TRY not to be a basket case about it anyway
Old 04-06-2013, 11:27 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

You look beautiful!
Old 04-07-2013, 06:21 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You look beautiful!
Awww thank you Rebecca! For once, I actually FELT beautiful too which was really nice
Old 04-07-2013, 06:26 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Well that's interesting... back down to 156.5 this morning, so I managed to shed that little bit of water weight I put on yesterday. I know I'll probably be bouncing all over the place with this TOM nonsense going on right now, but I have to wonder (considering usually it's just gradually up up UP until TOM is over) if I did something right yesterday that'll help me keep most of it off?

I had 2 servings of asparagus last night, which I do know is supposed to help flush your system out from what I've heard... so it's possible that could have helped.

I also drank an additional ACV tonic too for a total of 4 on the day, and increased the amount I added to each cup while I'm experiencing the TOM troubles... that could have also been what helped!

I'm kind of HOPING it's the latter so I don't constantly have to hang out at Outback Steakhouse or something, ordering plates of asparagus in the meantime. That gets a little pricey Extra ACV tonics I can do though, so I think I'm going to try my best to say NO to going back to Outback tonight and try cooking at home if I can muster up the strength... then I'll try some extra ACV again today, and watch my sodium as usual. Fingers crossed it helps keep that bloat off! Even if I go up one or two pounds this TOM I'll be a lot happier than during the last one
Old 04-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Well, 156.5 again this morning which is good TOM news... I'm guessing I'll NEVER see a loss during that week of a month, but if my gains can be minimized that'd be GREAT

I'm especially surprised because yesterday I decided to just pig out a bit on my big meal (all ON plan foods though) and ate a huge plate of steak fajitas with onions and peppers (which I couldn't accurately track of course because it was a family owned restaurant) with about 3oz of sour cream and probably almost a half of a cup of fresh shredded cheese. Oh, and 1/4 of an avocado

I really expected to see a bounce this morning because that dish has a lot of protein and is pretty salty, but I managed to avoid it... at least for now! No idea if it was the extra ACV I had again last night or what, but I'm happy

...and now you all know why I was so lazy last night and never posted again, LOL.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I went clothes shopping todaaaaaaaay

...I still actually can't believe I can be excited about that, because clothes shopping used to be like watching paint dry for me. Except a lot more painful

Seriously though even though I'm starting to see that water weight coming on thanks to TOM, I had a great time trying on some clothes today and even branched out and tried some new things! I normally would NEVER wear dresses or skirts, but I bought one of each today I grabbed myself a blazer as well, a couple cardigan shrugs, a new hat, and a couple scarves. Not a bad trip! Not cheap either, but oh well

Here's one of the outfits I snagged (the blazer and the skirt... have I mentioned I love this skirt yet? I LOVE THIS SKIRT!)

I'm not feeling much like totaling everything up for the day tonight, so I'm not going to I pretty much ate the same thing as a couple days back, where I went to Outback Steakhouse for the ribeye... only instead of an extra tab of butter, I ordered a side salad because I really wanted one.

I'm scared to step on the scale tomorrow because I know more than a half pound of water weight will creep on this week, but I'm going to TRY not to be a basket case about it anyway
I love that skirt too! Also that color looks gorgeous on you!
Old 04-10-2013, 06:08 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I love that skirt too! Also that color looks gorgeous on you!
Thank you!
Old 04-10-2013, 06:10 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Been at 157 the past two days... just feeling really blah lately, so I haven't been around much to update. I'm guessing it's the TOM blues mostly or something. That and the personal crap I've had going on for a while now, but that's nothing new unfortunately. Emotional drama follows me around unfortunately

Tried shirataki noodles for the first time yesterday though and they're FANTASTIC! Even my dad who's a diet-hating noodle-loving freak LOVED them... I have no idea where everyone's problem with them comes from. Maybe they don't rinse them well enough first? Or know how to cook them? Either way they were fantastic, and I really hope the bloating I'm still experiencing today is just from my TOM and not those... because I love them and I'd hate if they did something funky to my body
Old 04-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Been at 157 the past two days... just feeling really blah lately, so I haven't been around much to update. I'm guessing it's the TOM blues mostly or something. That and the personal crap I've had going on for a while now, but that's nothing new unfortunately. Emotional drama follows me around unfortunately

Tried shirataki noodles for the first time yesterday though and they're FANTASTIC! Even my dad who's a diet-hating noodle-loving freak LOVED them... I have no idea where everyone's problem with them comes from. Maybe they don't rinse them well enough first? Or know how to cook them? Either way they were fantastic, and I really hope the bloating I'm still experiencing today is just from my TOM and not those... because I love them and I'd hate if they did something funky to my body
I Love the Shiritaki Noodles in Asian dishes especially, Ive never had any issue with them in my weight lost in the past! Hope you feel better soon!
Old 04-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Checking in on you! <3 I've never tried the noodles before. I've always wanted to I just haven't! Maybe I will look into it. =)
Old 04-13-2013, 06:08 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I Love the Shiritaki Noodles in Asian dishes especially, Ive never had any issue with them in my weight lost in the past! Hope you feel better soon!
Awww thank you I really appreciate it! It's been a rough week, no doubt about that... I had a good day yesterday though which was great. I've just been feeling emotionally and physically exhausted with everything lately, but I'm FINALLY going home tomorrow and getting out of my dad's house for the first time in over a month and a half. My birthday visit wound up turning into a HUGE stay, and while I really don't WANT to go back home (mostly because I feel guilty leaving him and my dog behind) I have to start de-stressing and living my own life again too! It's too much, having to take care of EVERYONE when I'm struggling to take care of MYSELF sometimes

But thank you, I really appreciate the thoughts It always makes me smile coming on here... sometimes I forget there are people out there who care about me at all, and then I remember the amazing support system that exists on here. I'd be lost without it!

And you know? I don't think it was the noodles either, just general TOM bloat That's really great too because I LOVED them... I can see myself incorporating them into lots of meals!
Old 04-13-2013, 06:16 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Checking in on you! <3 I've never tried the noodles before. I've always wanted to I just haven't! Maybe I will look into it. =)
Awww I'm okay, just REALLY lazy and exhausted lately... thank you for checking in on me! I love you guys! I'll be heading home FINALLY on Sunday it looks like, so hopefully this coming week I'll be around a lot more. I've really felt out of sorts lately being at my dad's for so long. He can be a real pain to live with!

DEFINITELY try the noodles if you can! They're fantastic I have to assume the people who don't like them just didn't cook them the right way, and maybe didn't rinse them to get that "fishy" smell off of them or something first... because after I rinsed them really good and dry fried them before adding them to my dish, they even tasted fine plain! My dad (who HATES diet food and I thought would HATE the noodles) tried them in a dish I made and told me they have the exact texture of those lo mein noodles they use at Chinese takeout places, and that they were delicious. I was definitely surprised with HIS endorsement! I wasn't even sure if I'D like them

I wasn't going to add any "cheat" foods in until I was in maintenance either, so that was a big thing for me too. By "cheat" I don't mean something carby mind you, because they definitely aren't that I mean anything that lets me "cheat" and mimic something carby that I used to binge on in the past. So shirataki instead of actual noodles... any of the low carb breads/wraps instead of regular... ANY of the LC baked goods, regardless of if they were LC or not I was just afraid my mind wouldn't be able to handle it, and if I got it in my head that I was eating "noodles" it'd be that much harder to get them out of my mind again and say NO when eating other places.

I'm happy to say that DIDN'T happen though! No cravings, no bad associations, and nope... they didn't cause my weight gain, my TOM did. It's coming back down now finally. Starting to anyway I say give them a try if you ever liked noodles in the first place! And if memory serves, I think you did mention they were something you used to enjoy a lot!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:23 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I'm somewhat happy to say that for the first time in about a month and a half... I'm back home, and not staying at my dad's anymore It's feeling kind of weird so far, but I'm trying to adjust anyway. Sometimes I think I forget how it is to live practically all on my own (seriously, I don't count my roommate at ALL ). It's kind of nice I guess, not stressing out about what my dad is doing or not doing 24/7... but I'll miss my puppy, and I'll miss him too even if he is a big pain in the you know what. I'll miss going out all the time too, because while it was making it more difficult for me to lose/stay on plan all the time, it WAS helping me out by allowing me to be lazy and not have to constantly prepare my own meals. So we'll see how I adjust back to that

As of this morning I'm STILL up a half pound from TOM weight... 157. That's okay though, because this cycle was SO much more manageable and I bet a lot of the reason it hasn't come back off yet is because I've been slacking off of my ACV tonics and my water intake... AND I was a bit high on my protein on Saturday, and salt on both Saturday and Sunday. Went out with a bang, I guess you could say

This is what I have PLANNED for the day... I'm hoping I'll wind up sticking somewhere close to this, but in reality I have no idea what'll happen yet:

B - bulletproof tea (already done with that )
L - pizza toppings salad (pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, olives, and ranch over salad greens)
D - hamburger alfredo dish with shirataki noodles
S - bulletproof tea, a couple hard boiled eggs (if I make them!), and my daily piece of dark chocolate... and my ACV tonics before I forget AGAIN

Maybe if I wind up feeling motivated enough I'll actually blog about the stresses I'd been going through at my dad's, and the stresses I'm still going through now as a result of them... and some more about my life in general, and why I am the way I am with food sometimes (and formerly alcohol as well!)

Hope everyone didn't miss me too much while I was gone
Old 04-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you are home!! <3