LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 07:18 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154now/final goal TBD
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD Maintenance
Start Date: March 2013
Shopping!

As a reward for being at or below 178(my half-way point) for at least 5 days in a row, I am going clothes shopping today!

I buy most of my things at the thrift store, and my usual pattern is to get one or two things that I specifically need. Today, I am going for several hours, all by myself, and buying a whole new set of clothes. I've charted out what I have, what I am getting rid of, what I would like, and I am going to buy them all in sizes that FIT. No baggy clothes!

I've got a budget of forty dollars, and I'm going to spend all of it!
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #92
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
CONGRATULATIONS Sirtain!

That is so exciting! I hope you find TONS of cute and flattering things. Have fun!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

The Haul

Whew! I was out there for 3 1/2 hours!

And this is what I got:

purple pants
claret pants
snazzy print pants with fish on them

pink and orange gathered skirt
red linen straight skirt*
black microfiber straight skirt

orange/pink/burgundy jacket*
purple blouse/jacket*

white short-sleeved blouse with interesting flat ruffles*
black mid-sleeved blouse-very fitted!

black long-sleeved T with a square neck*
royal blue short-sleeved T
orange and blue floral print short-sleeved T
red/pink/orange floral print mid-sleeve T

magenta long-sleeved T*
black long-sleeved T*
red long-sleeved T*

denim-blue tank top, very demure*

Asterisks indicate items that are replacing old things which are too big and baggy and will be TOSSED from the closet!

I'm very pleased. I have to get Honey to take me out to dinner so I can strut my stuff.

Oh, and the total was $41.48, just slightly over. (That pesky tax!)

Last edited by Sirtain; 07-12-2013 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: money
Old 07-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Well, Carol, I think I really did! I am especially excited to wear the fish pants, as they are snug capris. I think I'll feel like Grace Kelly when I'm wearing them.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #95
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow! You got a TON of great stuff! I'm so happy you found all that. Yes, definitely time to strut!
Old 07-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/116/118-125
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
That is quite the haul - well done What a landmark for you that you can do this. KUTGW
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for stopping by, SlowSure.

Money is tight right now, and I felt a little guilty for still going ahead and buying new clothes. I don't NEED them. But then I thought to myself, 'this is a real accomplishment, and you need to recognize it with the reward you promised yourself.' Putting yourself last usually backfires with some emotional eating, and I am NOT going to set myself up for that!

And, let's face it, $41.48 is not an outrageous amount to spend on clothes. I would have been spending over $400.00 to buy all this new.

I still remember the first time I ever considered a shopping 'spree' for me. The wife of one of Honey's friends(who makes QUITE a bit of money) treated herself after a promotion by going on a shopping spree. We heard about it second-hand, and my eyes were just about popping out of my head at all that she bought, and how much it cost. I thought it was so extravagant, and yet, at the same time, I was kind of jealous.

So I took myself on my own spree, at the thrift store. I think I spent about $35. I felt very decadent. But I guess the feeling lasted me a while, because I haven't done that since, and I think it was about 8 years ago!

The next one wouldn't be so delayed, because I am going to do this again when I get to goal!
Old 07-13-2013, 05:18 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Wow!

My weight jumped down to 173.5 this morning!

I am expecting it to go back up tomorrow, but now I am looking at possibly stabilizing at 175 for the week, instead of 177. Squee!

Yes, yes, I know this excitement is antithetical to my ideal of slow, steady downward motion, not noticing the daily bounces. But I just can't help it. 173.5!!!
Old 07-13-2013, 07:23 AM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

AWESOME!
Old 07-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

There is absolutely a need to celebrate milestones - and your modest spree sounds entirely within bounds

Nice bounce down
Old 07-15-2013, 05:55 AM   #101
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
You DID deserve the "shopping spree!" What bargains you found!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:57 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Food and Clothes- what else!

Feeling very good after my Down Day yesterday. I was feeling hungry throughout the day, but not unbearably so, and kept giving my body little pep talks. Along the lines of: 'You know all that energy you stored yesterday, when I ate too much? Well, we need it today, so haul it out of storage!'

I feel like my body was listening, too.

I DID have a green smoothie just before bed, though. About 150 calories, not enough to do much, but I was wanting some NUTRITION, not necessarily something to EAT. Thought I could answer that call.

Wore one of my new outfits yesterday, an orange and red skirt, and a magenta top. it fit just right, and made me feel happy. I think I might like to make myself a wide belt to wear with it. Almost a corsetlet style. I think it would be pretty snappy, and I am starting to get the waist that will show it off.

My desire to brew my own kombucha is getting stronger and stronger. I've started looking at SCOBY sites, and asking around if anyone knows anyone who brews. It is such a great Down Day treat, and I am starting to want them on Up Days, too.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That sounds like a lovely vibrant outfit that would pick up the spirits of anyone who wore/saw it.

I can't quite picture the belt so if you do make one, might it be possible to post a picture?

Good luck with sourcing a SCOBY
Old 07-16-2013, 06:45 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Feeling a little down this morning

My pains picked up again, after what looked to be a downward trend, and I can't quite figure out why.

And I woke up feeling unsettled from my dreams. I don't remember them being BAD but I just feel edgy.

Plus I am concerned about a money issue.

So, all in all, a little off today. I do NOT want to let it affect my Down Day, though. So, I might get myself a bottle of the extra-yummy kombucha that I tried a couple of weeks ago. Just because I am restricting my calories, doesn't mean I can't make the ones I have extra-special. And luckily, a $3 bottle of kombucha won't affect the money thing one way or the other.

The weight is going well. I DID bob up after the 173.5, but then back down again, and then up again, but not so much. In other words, completely normal JUDDD behavior.

Okay, well, sitting at the computer is not getting stuff done. Ta-ta for now!
Old 07-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Sorry you're feeling off today. I think splurging on that kombucha is a great idea - you deserve it! I hope all gets resolved for you and this DD becomes much better!

I'm feeling off myself, but I'm pretty sure mine is all PMS related. It will pass and hopefully a week from now my weight will be back in the downward direction.

Let's make this DD a good one!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #106
Big Yapper!!!!

YOu do deserve the SPLURGE!!!!!!!!!

Add me to the FEELING OFF lists, fo me, it's ADULTS that seem to ruin the world for everyone!
Old 07-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Grumpiness loves company, too.

There must be something in the air that's getting all of us. Tomorrow is bound to be an AMAZING day!

I'm enjoying my kombucha. I've decided I am going to try to grow a SCOBY from the leavings of these two bottles. But I have burrowed through my cabinets and cannot find a glass jar of the appropriate size. It goes against my grain to buy a JAR! So I guess that means I have to clean out the top jar of the fridge. Two birds with one stone.

Littlest is making DONUTS in the kitchen. Amazingly, I am not tempted at all. I think Honey is going to flip when he gets home, though. I foresee some cheating on his Down Day.

That reminds me...the Honey Update. He has been maintaining for about the last three weeks. He is managing this by not eating until evening on the Down Days, and then eating anything he wants. One Down Day in the past three weeks, when his weight had gotten to 171, he did a complete Down Day. So he's pretty happy. He doesn't feel deprived.

I do think he will be trying to take off some more weight. He'll probably wait until I get to 170, as a sort of courtesy. He knows I want to get to being the same weight as him (I have always weighed more than he does). I don't know if he has a number in mind, but I do know he's been pinching an inch around his middle and wiggling it.

Eldest has been trying it too. (For the health reason, I think. He doesn't really have much weight to lose. Maybe five pounds? Of course, that's the best time to take off the weight- when it is only five pounds!) I need to send him the book to read.

I have started feeling an urge to tell people about this. It is working so well for me, I want to share. But I'm going to try and hold off until I have gone down some more. Right now, I am still overweight. (But no longer obese- yay!) And let's face it, there's something funny about a fat lady talking about how to diet.

Soon, though, soon! I am less than 20 pounds away from being normal! I have never been so close that I can remember. When/If people start asking me how I did it, I'll be ready.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #108
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
My mother-in-law is coming for a visit. In five weeks!

She's a great lady, and it will be good to have her here.

My concerns, though...

How might she react to our JUDDDing? She is very much of the 'moderation in all things' school. Which seems to work great for her. But not me.
My FIL has had several heart attacks, so he has to follow a low fat/sodium diet. My MIL follows it with him, so he doesn't feel left out. We currently live with them. It's easy to keep her from noticing the DD's. It's pretty easy to keep her from noticing I no longer eat meat (though the one and only time I brought it up, she claimed it was the only way to get protein). However, she keeps pushing grains on me. I'm getting so over that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
As a reward for being at or below 178(my half-way point) for at least 5 days in a row, I am going clothes shopping today!

I buy most of my things at the thrift store, and my usual pattern is to get one or two things that I specifically need. Today, I am going for several hours, all by myself, and buying a whole new set of clothes. I've charted out what I have, what I am getting rid of, what I would like, and I am going to buy them all in sizes that FIT. No baggy clothes!

I've got a budget of forty dollars, and I'm going to spend all of it!
I *love* the thrift! I buy all of my clothes there (which my MIL doesn't understand either!). Sounds like you got a great haul!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:43 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

A Double Whammy

Well, on top of feeling glum yesterday, I had a major pains attack in the evening. I'm fairly certain it was brought on by stress(our sink collapsed), but that did not make it any more enjoyable. I was up very late, kept up by the pains, so a nap today is VITAL.

TODAY WILL BE BETTER!

I hit 173.0 on the scale today. It is starting to seem like a regular Down Day number, and not some kind of fantasy. In a way, I like the bounce up and down. It gets me used to the new weights, so that when I get there after an Up Day, it still feels real, and not like a fluke that I don't really deserve.

Thanks for stopping by, Handbells. I'm slowly getting my head around the idea that my mother-in-law will learn about our ADF, and will either deal with it or not. I've decided good-sized salads for dinner on my Down Days will help visually. No one argues with a salad!
Old 07-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We're going to stay with some friends at the end of August and we're discussing whether we skip 'proper' DDs when we're with them (it's only 5 days) and shoot for a couple of maintenance DD numbers which wouldn't be that noticeable. It's useful that we're helping them out with a garden opening so we'll all be so busy that they probably won't notice.

I hope the pain diminishes and good luck with planning for the MIL visit.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Grrr

I decided to eat on my Down Day today, just small amounts, and now my hunger is RAGING! It doesn't help that I am working on a difficult task, and my brain keeps saying 'Why don't you take a break and eat something? That would be much easier!'

A saboteur in my head! And it's ME!

No fair.

Even knowing what is going on is not making it easier.

If I can hold out until 5:40, I should be okay. That's when I head out for the evening. I'm planning on having a green smoothie when I get back. I've already had an egg and greens, and some yogurt. My calories will be spot on if I just stay the course.

Okay, back to my task. I can do it! I CAN DO IT!
Old 07-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #112
Big Yapper!!!!

YOU CAN DO THIS GIRL!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Zipp! 4:50, and I'm holding strong. Got the task done. The hunger passed. All is looking good.

I added another sheet to Honey's weight chart. I'm so impressed with how long we have both kept at this.

On the other forum I hang out in, someone is talking about their Egg Diet. She lost 18 pounds in ten days, or some crazy amount like that. It does not tempt me. I think I would be scared now, to release so much weight so quickly. And I would be worried about it just coming back as quickly.

But I DO like eggs.

Just kidding!
Old 07-19-2013, 04:29 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Made it!

And looking forward to my Up Day today.

I started with Diatomaceous Earth yesterday. 1/2t in my green smoothie before bed.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:41 AM   #115
Big Yapper!!!!

Egg diet? Now, I love eggs. I have them almost daily, sometimes twice in one day. But a diet of nothing but eggs? Of coarse you lose weight, heck by meal #3, I would not be able to stomach another egg! THAT'S JUST ME, but I am so not into that.

That's why I love JUDDD. I can litereally eat whatever I want. I just have to keep calories to XXX

I am enjoying my Up Day today too! Have a GREAT Friday!
Old 07-20-2013, 10:42 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

A disappointing Up Day

I have a really problem with disappointing meals now. If something is not as good as I thought it would be, I feel cheated. Ended up eating way too much of other things because my breakfast yesterday was not as good as I had been imagining. At least I tempered it with plenty of protein.

So, not perfect. But it is over, and doesn't seem to have done any damage, just made me look forward to my Down Day today. I'm having some extra probiotic drinks, and enjoying feeling 'empty' instead of 'stuffed'

All those calories DID make me feel lie I wanted to get some exercise this morning, so I talked Honey into going on a bike ride with me (his rides are too extreme for me, and mine, too lazy for him, so I'm glad he indulged me).

I'm going to do some chores and fun stuff this afternoon, then spend the evening relaxing with my daughters in front of the tv. An ideal weekend day!
Old 07-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's understandable. It's sometimes tricky when people offer me something because they're being hospitable and I have an internal dialogue along the lines of, "That's so likely to be tasteless or indifferent that it's not a decent use of my kcal allowance". Or, "If I drink that lemonade, I won't be able to have a cheeseboard after dinner".

My mother would not have approved of her daughter having such graceless thoughts...

Enjoy your time with your family.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

My breakfast this morning was NOT disappointing! It was fabulous. And dinner is likely to be delicious as well.

I've got some challenging projects planned for today, so I think my main food concern will be not letting myself fall into stress eating because I am nervous of being able to tackle my projects. I've got the house to myself for an hour and a half, so I'm going to sign off and just go DO IT!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #119
Big Yapper!!!!

LOVE having the house to myself. For me, it rarely happens!!!!!!!!!

I too feel really cheated when a meal doesn't measure up. I am notorious for telling my daughter (when she is fretting about what to eat, nothing sounds good) I say to her It's A meal, not your LAST Meal! I have incorporated that into my thinking as well!
Old 07-23-2013, 05:26 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Kind of hungry on my Down day yesterday, so I went with a Protein Day. Egg, salmon, and finishing up with some protein powder. It felt right, and I kept it under 500K.

Planning a basic kind of Up Day today. I had an egg, sausage, and shakshuka this morning. There will be fish and veg for lunch, and a chicken salad for dinner. Maybe some ice cream in the evening, as I was thinking about it on my last Up Day, but didn't actually eat any.