LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Can I make it?

My Independence Day goal was to be at 179. It was looking good before my weekend away. Just one pound to go. Now I am an intimidating 4.5 pounds away.

My strategy for the weekend was a failure. Oh, well. I'll try to learn from it and be in a better place before my next challenge. Which is not even on the horizon, so no stress.

I DID just jump right back into rotations on Monday, though, which is a win. So different from the days when a weekend of inappropriate eating just led to a month or two of the same.

So, Monday was 183.5, and I had a Down Day.
Tuesday: 181.0. Not bad. I had a normal Up Day.
But this morning, 183.5 again. Grrr. I'm sticking with an only-liquids Down Day, as I did on Monday. I want a nice drop, but more than that, I do NOT want to go back up to 183.5 after an Up Day. 182 at the most, and only briefly, as I zoom back toward the 170s. Hear that, body? Fall in!
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
You tell that body who's boss! I'm sorry things went out of whack for you, but you know it's a temporary blip. You're still very close to your goal and if you get a nice whoosh you'll be right back there!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

The body is listening

182.0 this morning.

I am planning another liquid Down Day, but I have raw vegetables in reserve. We are having Games Night at our house tonight. Last time (luckily an Up Day) I went crazy with chips. This time, if I'm stuffing something into my mouth, I want it to be good for me. And you can get a LOT of cucumbers, celery, and zucchini for 300 calories!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:56 AM   #64
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
YES YOU CAN! Enjoy girl. What Games do you plan at Game Night?
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:20 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

We're mostly playing Dominion, a strategy card game. Sometimes we play Settlers of Catan, or Ticket to Ride. It was fun. Fifteen people, for about four hours. Now I'm going to hit the hay.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:44 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Feeling annoyed

I went down only a pound after my Down Day yesterday. Grrr. I know it is a normal variation, but...grrr. I usually have a swing of 2+ pounds, and my gut feeling is that a one pound swing is going to lead to a tough weight tomorrow. That may or may not be so, but it's what I am FEELING right now, and so...grrr!

I'm also realizing that Independence Day will be a Down Day, so I have to either change my rotation, not indulge in the goodies on the Fourth, or have three Up Days in a row again.

The last would be a bad option right now. I have had too many three-in-a-rows lately. Although I am not opposed to them philosophically, they put me in a stall. And I am TIRED of a stall. I want to get into the 170s!

Not indulging would be sad, and let's face it, I probably would anyhow, and then be kicking myself.

So, need to change my rotation. Options here are: two Up Days in a row, two Down Days in a row, strategic use of a Medium Day.

The recent Two DD thread has me thinking about that, more than I think I ordinarily would.

My hedonistic inclinations are leaning me towards two Up Days, but I wonder how that will impact my weight loss. I will be sad if I don't get to 179 by the Fourth. I know it is a process, but still. That means maybe a Medium Day.

Medium Days are a lot like 'normal' eating. Something I have never been very good at. Restraint, no extremes. I am actually more worried about that than a Down Day. I KNOW I can do deprivation. Moderation, not so much.

So, maybe I should just plunge into another Down Day today. I still have the post-Down Day minimal hunger thing going on. If I get my head set into Down Day mode right away, maybe it will be easy. Hope springs eternal, doesn't it?
Old 06-29-2013, 07:24 AM   #67
Big Yapper!!!!

Grrrr! I know just what you mean! I hate those days where I don't have a clear feeling about what I want to do. And the internal debate between 2 UDs, 2 DDs or a MD. My gut HATES MDs, but I'm not at all sure why, other than it still feels like I'm dieting on an MD, and it's not as simple as a DD. Like you said, I know I can do deprivation.

My 4th of July falls on a DD too. I'm going to just keep my rotations, but I don't have any big celebration to attend. Just a casual family get-together and we're grilling Wednesday and I'll have the leftovers on Friday. If I was going to a big party, I definitely wouldn't/couldn't do that though.

You are sooooooo close to your July 4th goal! I wish you could revel in that, but I do understand. When you set a goal and are working hard on it, you WANT it!

Good luck whatever you decide, Sirtain!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 06-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Carol. It's good to know everyone knows exactly what I'm feeling.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:00 AM   #69

How's it going????
Old 07-02-2013, 07:10 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

I decided to stick with my regular rotation, eat nothing during the Day on Independence Day, and have a moderate dinner of our special meal. A piece of chicken, and some berries with cream. Skip the corn(which I would have anyway), the coleslaw, and the angel food cake. Keep the portions small.

I am creeping towards 179. I may make it, I may not.

My pains have been kicking up though, so I am watching what I am eating very carefully, and working on reducing my stress. Those two things are sure to help with the weight loss, so though I may not get to 179 by Wednesday, I know it won't be long.

One thing I am doing, is cutting out the iced coffee. I don't know if I am sensitive to it, but it is something that I have added recently, so I might as well cut it out, and reintroduce it later, as a singleton, to check. Too bad, I was enjoying it.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:18 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

I am sorely vexed

Alright, I know I am in it for the long haul. Whether I make 179 by tomorrow or not will have no impact on my ultimate success.

But...

After my Down Day yesterday, I am 179.0 this morning. Before you get excited, remember that I count my post-Up Day as my true weight.

Now, I have stayed the same or even gone down after an Up Day. But it's not something I count on. I am more likely to go up .5 - 1.5 pounds. So I feel like this is a cruel tease.

I ended up not eating anything on my Down Day yesterday, mostly due to worries about my pains issue. I was hungry, but I felt like I didn't want to put anything into my system. Only liquids, and fewer than 10 calories from a probiotic drink.

That makes the small amount down especially annoying.

I've been stressed about the pains coming back, and I am certain that is affecting me, but darn it, I am doing my best! Relaxing, meditating, distracting. I mean, come on!

Okay, hissy fit over. I hope.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:38 AM   #72
Big Yapper!!!!

Hissy all you want, GF. Sometimes it really does help. I know just where you are right now. I feel like I'm doing all the right things, but I'm wavering between the same 2-3 pounds, and can't seem to make it into onederland. I know I will, and it will be soon, but I want it so bad now. I want to be making consistent progress.

I KNOW that we will both be on the road back into losses very soon. Our bodies are doing some sort of work here that we don't understand, but that must be very important. Doesn't make it any less frustrating though, huh?

Hang in there! You're doing sooooo great! I can't remember for sure, but when you refer to your pains issues, is that digestive related? Sorry if too nosy - just ignore me!
Old 07-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #73

I know you only count after UP DAYS, but I would call the 179 you saw today as GOAL for 4th of july! Feel better girl!
Old 07-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the sympathies, ladies.

The pains are possible IBS. I've been to the doctor once for it, and she told me some things to do, but we have no insurance, and are getting back on our feet financially after some rough years. So I won't go back unless I feel things are going BADLY. Things were going VERY WELL, until two weeks ago, when, ugh, stuff happened. Stress, and some poor eating choices. I know that likely it will all calm down after I have been eating well for a while, but I want it to happen RIGHT AWAY, and when it doesn't, I worry.

Also, it is no fun to be hurting.

I'd love to claim that 179, but I know I would feel like it was cheating ,and I wouldn't really be happy with it. So, fingers crossed!

In anticipation of tomorrow, some patriotic quotes:

"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else." -Clarence Darrow

"A real patriot is the fellow who gets a parking ticket, and rejoices that the system works." -Bill Vaughan

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism." Thomas Jefferson or Howard Zinn (disputed)

"I know no East, no West, no North, or South. The Union, sir, is my country." -Henry Clay
Old 07-04-2013, 05:13 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Yes!

I made it.

Very pleased.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

Congratulations! That's a great number, and well into the new decade.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:05 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

I made it through my Independence Day Down Day as planned. Very pleased with myself. And the scale gave me a three pound jump downward today. Which is awesome.

I have an Up Day today, and a bit of a challenge. I am spending the afternoon and evening with friends. I am bringing my own food, so I can stay low-carb, and plenty of good stuff, so I can enjoy my Up Day. But just being with friends, can be a stress to my eating patterns. So my challenge for today is to enjoy my Up Day the way I want to and PLAN to, and not let myself get sucked into poor choices 'just because'.

I'm getting excited for the Labor Day challenge, since my Independence Day one ended so well. It is a little over eight weeks. I'm trying to decide between a 'pretty sure' goal of 7 pounds, an 'average' one of 8, or a 'go for it' one of 9 pounds. Decisions, decisions, decisions!
Old 07-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Goal reminders

Here I am, at 178, looking around and liking the view. I am halfway to my goal of 154.

I joined the Labor Day challenge, and hope to get down to 170 by then. And I've decided when I get to 166 (which is 3/4 of the way) I am going to pause for some maintenance. The tentative plan is that by going down one pound per week, I will be at 166 at the beginning of October. Do maintenance for 6 weeks, then get back on every other day rotations. If I maintain the pound per week rate, I will get to 154 by Valentine's Day, 2014!

I am hopeful I can maintain the one pound per week rate, since 154 is not really my 'ideal' weight, but just the top range of 'normal'. 155 would be technically overweight!

When I get to 154 I will maintain there for AT LEAST 3 months before even beginning to wonder if I want to go lower.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #79
Big Yapper!!!!

Great plan Sirtain! Nice and slow but good and steady. Not even really that slow. You can do it! And a nice long maintenance break sounds really good!
Old 07-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

I have never maintained before, so I think that will be an important skill to master. I figure a practice run can't hurt.

I was so focused on the Independence Day goal, that I forgot about a challenge coming up tomorrow. We are visiting the friend who makes delicious (but carb- and grain-heavy) Indian food. I need to come up with a strategy, double-quick!

A look in the fridge reveals one chicken leg, coleslaw, custard, and greens. Enough to fill me up, but nothing so special that I will feel like I am having a 'treat.' Hmmm. I'll think on it overnight. Any suggestions would be helpful. I'm trying to avoid fruit and ice cream, since I just had some last night.

Maybe upside-down pizza? Devilled eggs?
Old 07-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Someone else noticed

Another friend told me I'm looking good, and asked how much weight I've lost. It felt great to be able to tell her I am past the halfway point.

Did well with my food yesterday at our friend's house. Only ate what I planned to, and stayed away from those pesky cashews!

My period has shown up for a second go-round this month, most perplexing, but as it has brought the attendant whoosh with it, I'm not too put out.

If things go as they have been, I will be doing my new wardrobe splurge this coming weekend. I decided that when I got halfway, I would go buy a bunch of new clothes at the thrift store. (My usual practice is just get a piece or two at a time.) Then I'm going to get rid of everything that is too big for me! I getting excited about the idea.

Last edited by Sirtain; 07-08-2013 at 10:13 AM..
Old 07-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Surprise!

My mother-in-law is coming for a visit. In five weeks!

She's a great lady, and it will be good to have her here.

My concerns, though...

How might she react to our JUDDDing? She is very much of the 'moderation in all things' school. Which seems to work great for her. But not me.

She'll be here for two weeks, so I am going to continue while she is here, and there will be no way to 'hide' it. One or two Down Days, and I would go for it. Seven, though...I'm not up for the challenge.

And, perversely...I am now wondering how much more weight I could take off before she gets here. Silly, I know. I am already lighter than the last time she saw me. I'm in this for the long-haul. I don't want to do anything extreme that will throw me off course. And yet....

Funny how our minds work, isn't it?
Old 07-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #83

That is a GREAT feeling isn't it? People noticing! Love that. NSV's are almost better than the drop in #'s.

Just tell your MIL you are calorie cycling. Merely tell her it's high calories one day and low calories the next. No need to tell the numbers, not anyone's business....if she asks, just tell her it varries!

I am hanging with a dear friend this week and this morning as I left for work she said, WOW you look so skinny! I had to laugh, I would never be described as skinny! But I took the compliment!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-10.html
Old 07-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

I saw that last picture of you. You DO look skinny!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:07 AM   #85

OH Sirtain, I only post the really GOOD pictures!

How are you today????
Old 07-11-2013, 06:08 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Numbers post

Wow, it has been a while since I've posted my numbers. Here's a huge long list.

182.5 6/12
180.0 6/13
181.5 6/14
178.0 6/15
181.5 6/16
179.0 6/17
180.0 6/18
177.5 6/19
180.0 6/20
183.5 6/24
181.0 6/25
183.5 6/26
180.5 6/27
182.0 6/28
181.0 6/29
181.5 6/30
179.5 7/1
180.5 7/2
179.0 7/3
178.5 7/4
175.5 7/5
177.5 7/6
176.0 7/7
175.0 7/8
175.0 7/9
176.0 7/10
175.5 7/11

The bolded numbers are my Post- Up Day weights, which is what I take as my 'real' weight. It took me a while to recover from my retreat splurge, but I DID recover, and am back on track. And I was not freaked out by my sudden drop this time, either. I took it (mostly) as my due for some determined work. Feeling good. I am enjoying being in the 170s. Once I get Middlest off to college next month, I'll start looking forward to the 160s.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:14 AM   #87

You are doing GREAT! You will be in the 160's in NO TIME!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:11 AM   #88
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow Sirtain, you've been doing great! Now you need to update your stats!
Old 07-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Ooh, good idea. Let me go adjust that. I feel I can claim 179 easily.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:06 PM   #90
Big Yapper!!!!

Ah yes, that's much better!