Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 06:14 AM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: meganmac
Stats: 219/???/160
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 5, 2013
Nooooo! I was still 200.5 this morning. Bummer. I was hoping for something starting with a 1. Oh well. I know I ate cleanly yesterday, and the stick is still pink, so it will happen.

I took measurements this morning and am perplexed that I didn't lose anything around my waist. My pants are lose. I did register an inch around my hips and a half inch around my knee. But everything else was the same. Again, I know this will happen, I was just hoping for some significant evidence this Monday morning.

Oh well, I have an incredibly busy week. I leave before sunrise on Friday, so what I normally accomplish in 5 days needs to happen in 4. Also, to get the house, kids, clothes and food ready for 3 days with out me will be a chore. Thursday is my daughter's 9th birthday and we're having an after school party, and I take my 4 year olds on a field trip that day too! Yikes.

I'll keep trucking along with this VLCD for 1 more week, then I can have me some cheese and olive oil...YUM!
meganmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Grrrrr! I was 201 this morning. I haven't eaten anything different and I've tracked everything, so this is frustrating. I also felt terrible all day. No energy, dragging, foggy, etc... I'm going to take a quick nap before I have to pick up the big kids from school. Hopefully that will help.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:46 AM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Ah ha. Stupid TOM. I'm still at 200.5 this morning. I guess this explains the stall and my feeling so bad yesterday. Usually I know it's coming because I get ravenous and want to eat everything in sight. Since I'm in ketosis and on HCG, I had no hunger yesterday and in fact ate less than 500 calories.

Maybe I'll get a whoosh when it's all over...
Old 04-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
I know that "ah ha"! I'm glad it's an answer to take it easy on yourself for a few days. You're doing great!
bacon bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:17 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

I'm still here! I took a three week break and started another round a week ago tomorrow. I had gained back 4 pounds (6 after loading) and as of this morning I was 199. I finally broke that threshold! Yay me!

I had planned to do low carb for 3 weeks after I got from the wedding, but man once I started eating carbs it was hard to think about stopping. Apparently it's either all or nothing with me. I'm going to have to have a better plan after this round. I leave for camp with high school girls June 9, so this round will get me right up to that. It will be a very active week, but there will be lots of food/desserts too...

Other exciting news is that my sister is sharing her Mother's Day present with me. A 3 day trip to Napa Valley with all sorts of goodies. Her husband won the package in a silent auction. I don't know when we're going yet, but this is good motivation. I hope and pray it will be good motivation for her as well as she weighs 20-30 lbs more than me, but she's not active at all so she carries it very differently. She hasn't tried anything for a few years so I hope she'll find something that works for her!
Old 05-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Yay and congrats!
Old 08-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #37
Junior LCF Member

I'm back...with my tail between my legs. But I will not go down without a fight!

I'm starting over...again. How many times will I start and re-start healthy eating before I get it right and stick to it forever? As many times as it takes because I refuse to give up and accept this!

So here are the ugly stats. I weighed in at my gym this morning at 219. This is inflated as I just got home from vacation. Probably the first 10 lbs or so will come off pretty quick. I had maintained my previous loss for several months, but then busy summer and lots of trips came and whoosh...I piled it back on. My clothes are tight again. My back roll is bothering me again. Yuck. I just feel and look yuck.

So what's a girl to do? Well, I joined a 90 day weightloss competition at my gym. Included are Tuesdays at the gym trying something new. I also decided to join a TEAM weightloss exercise group that meets on MWF...also at my gym. This is the first year that all 3 kids will be in elementary school, so this feels like a good time to create new habits. Like being more active and getting to the gym regularly.

As far as my eating goes, my main goals are to drink 100 oz of water a day, track everything I eat, avoid carbs and cheese. Eat lots of vegetables and lean protein.

So far today I had a chocolate protein shake for breakfast and lunch was kind of a hodge podge. I had a couple cups of arugula with walden's farm dressing, about half of a grilled chicken breast, a few macadamia nuts and a few raspberries. Also, I'm about half done with my water.

This seemed like a good place to come back to. A place to check in and write about my journey. So here goes nothing!
Old 08-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Ok, so far so good. The 219 was my weight at the gym. On my own scale, NOS first thing in the morning said 216 on Monday. This morning I was 212. So thats 4 pounds in 2 days. Hopefully I'll keep going down steadily this week and get 10 off right away. My weigh ins at the gym will be my official weekly weigh ins, I'll just check my progress on my own scale throughout the week.

I just returned from my first TEAM weight loss workout. It was great! I'm kind of surprised at how much I enjoyed it and how fast the time went. We just walked on the treadmill, but there was a trainer having us change the incline, speed and intensity occasionally. We also incorporated weights, squats, push ups and stretching. I only walked about 3 miles in the hour, BUT, I sweat a ton and worked out in zone 2 and 3 the whole time. I'm sure that I burned more calories and worked more muscles than when working out alone. There were 7 ladies and 1 trainer, so there were also people to talk to. 1 down, 35 to go! It's a 12 week program, 3x per week. It's a little pricey, but much more affordable than a personal trainer and worth it if I lose a bunch of weight!!!

Monday I did great eating, but yesterday I had my diet flu day. I felt awful all day. Headache, stomach ache, general grouchiness. This is to be expected. My body wanted processed food and I wasn't giving it any. Today, I woke up headache free, and although not in that sweet spot of no hunger yet, feeling much, much better. I had a fast fuel protein shake for breakfast and 2 oz of leftover turkey burger just now as a quick snack. I need to eat lots of veggies for lunch.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Feeling pretty good this morning. Not hungry at all and NO headache! I decided to check my blood glucose and blood ketones (I have a child with diabetes) just out of curiosity. My BG was 89. I had trace ketones of 0.2. I'm not really trying to get into ketosis per se, but I knew something was different when I woke up this morning. The first 3 days were pretty miserable, so now on to the feeling great part!

First challenge will be lunch today. I'm taking a friend out for lunch. Just planning to order a salad with no cheese and use lemon as my dressing. I'm really enjoying the protein shakes for breakfast. Some days I do the fast fuel which has about 250 calories with Unsweetened almond milk. Others I try my natural whey vanilla. It's only 110 calories with the almond milk so I usually add some frozen blueberries and strawberries. So easy in my bullet. My kids like them too, but for them I add some yogurt and banana

That's it for now!
Old 08-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member

It's Friday! I was 211 on my home scale this morning which means I'm down 5 lbs! Woo Hoo. I did my second TEAM workout at the gym today and it kicked my booty. We did 1.5 miles at 6.0 incline, then .5 mile on the stair master (I was dripping sweat) then cooled off for 10 minutes on the elliptical. I'm so glad I singed up for this. I've been going to the gym for 20 years and was bored. This is nice because there is a group to talk to and a trainer pushing you to keep going and keeping things fresh. Good decision! Yay me!

I went to Costco yesterday and stocked up and lots of lunch items for the kids. 4 kids who pack a lunch takes a lot of food! I also found some convenience protein items to try. I bought 24 boiled/peeled eggs for like $3. It comes in 4 packs so they stay pretty fresh. I had one last night and it lacked a little flavor. I plan to mix up the yolks with some mustard and a tad bit of mayo, should make them a little tastier. Also there were refrigerated chicken burgers that are 150 calories and 22 grams of protein. I had one last night and it was pretty tasty. And last but not least I bought some frozen mahi mahi patties. I've bought the same brand in the salmon before but these were 50 calories less. I'm planning to eat one tonight. HOpefully it's good!

Here's to staying on plan this weekend and getting to the gym 1 more time.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:08 AM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Success! This morning I was 209.5. I feel great! I made the kids pancakes with turkey bacon and I wasn't even tempted to eat a pancake. I did have 3 slices of turkey bacon though, for 100 calories.

I have a busy day. Have a friend coming over, an errand to run and we need to get the guest bedroom ready for our foreign exchange student who arrives next week. I get to see what being a mom to 4 is like for a whole year. Wow! Not sure if I'm excited or nervous for this new experience.

So, my plan is to drink 100 oz of water today, stay low carb and low calorie and hopefully get to the gym at some point. If I can lose a couple more pounds by Monday morning, I'll be really close to the 10 lb mark
Old 08-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Yay me! Doing a happy dance this morning. Had official Monday morning weigh-in and I was 211.2. That's an 8 pound loss this week. Woo Hoo! (On my home scale I was 208.5 which is right on track. I weigh 3 lbs more at the gym with my clothes on)

So here's my confession. I'm a chronic dieter. However, I've never been able to lose more than 20 lbs. I've hit the 20 lb mark a few times in my life, but never more. It's a daunting task to need to lose 70lbs, when I've always given up after a couple of months. So this time it has to be different. I'm changing my habits. Not temporarily acting like a healthy person, but BECOMING a healthy person. A person who is mindful of what and how much she puts in her mouth. A person who is active and not lazy. A person who wants to live a long fruitful life, not a life full of what ifs.

I was just invited by a friend to the beach for a couple days. Her family owns a beach house. I'm taking the kids and it will be a mini, spontaneous vacation. Not a vacation of excuses though, I'm going to stay on track with my eating while I'm there. Here's to stringing together successful weeks on the track to long-term, permanent weigh-loss.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:10 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

You're doing great!
Old 08-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Ugh!
I had written a blog post the other day, but I didn't realized it had timed out, so when I tried to post, it got lost

First off, Thanks Heidi. Thanks for reading and for the encouragement. Also, I have lost 2 more pounds this week. Slower than I hoped for, but also a week full of things out of my routine, so I'll call it success! I was 206.5 this morning. I wore a pair of capris to church that I couldn't button 2 weeks ago. They were a little tight, but I wore a long shirt so you couldn't tell. This in and of itself is not anything to cheer about, since I bought this pair 2 years ago at Wal-Mart simply as a "get me through the next couple weeks until I can lose some weight and fit into my clothes" pair.

I skipped the gym Friday morning because we all slept in after getting home from the airport with our exchange student late. I thought we would get there this weekend, but that didn't happen either. So it's back to the gym starting tomorrow morning! No skipping! One more week until the kids go back to school, then I feel like my "new" routine can really start.

This afternoon the kids made a lasagna for dinner. I put aside some tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, sausage and cottage cheese and made a little dish for myself using a package of shiratake noodles. It will be a splurge because of the cheese and sausage, but still lower calorie and carb than the traditional. I took it out of the oven and it's a little soupy and not looking super appetizing. BUT, I tasted it and it's good! I guess the shiratake doesn't "soak up" sauce like wheat noodles. I'll pair it with a bunch of veggies and a salad.

Tomorrow morning is official weigh in day. Hoping to still show my 2 pounds, or maybe 3.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

It sounds like you're still on the right track! I definitely understand that whole "buying an item to get you through a little loss and WHAM, a few years later you actually get to wear them" thing! I've done that. I've also done the "buy something to get me by and then I really start losing and two years later it's still hanging in the closet only this time FAR too big to ever wear" thing. :-) You're doing great! I miss seeing the scale move so much, for sure.