Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   Meg's musings.... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/799288-megs-musings.html)

Lovin'locarb 03-12-2013 09:40 AM

Meg's musings....

Thought I'd start journaling my musings...I love to journal and it helps me so much to stay motivated...I've worked really hard this last couple of months to get back to my maintenance weight after gaining 10 lb. over the holidays. One of my goals now since I'm just a few lbs. from the wt. I want to be is to use more 'intuitive eating'...listen to my body's signals. I love my food plan, have been doing it for six years now...so that makes it easy to live my program, but I don't want it to be the foremost thing in my thoughts. Right now a goal is to get back to consistent exercise. I have my exercise preferences, I just need to do them consistently! Once I get these last few lbs. off I'll stay within a 1 to 2 lb. weight range. I'm tired of regaining 5 to 10 lb. (and 20 lbs.! last year) and then having to 'get back to maintenance' so I'm firm with my resolve this time. I've learned that I really have to watch portion control and that my metabolism has slowed as I've aged so I just don't need as much food! This has really helped to get this last weight off.
Breakfast this morning was a small bowl of thick cut oatmeal with cinnamon, stevia and fat free milk. Decaf coffee with fat free milk and stevia. I'll have a low carb lunch and dinner, probably a small shrimp salad for lunch and some veggie/shredded pork roast soup I made and froze portions of for dinner. It looks like it's going to be a gorgeous day to get out for a walk/jog! :)

Lovin'locarb 03-12-2013 03:22 PM

Good walk/jog...

Got in a really good walk/jog this afternoon...we're having an awesome 73 degree day here and it was so nice to get out in the field across from the house and just do it. Last walk/jog was on the treadmill two weeks ago...I really want and need to be more consistent. My other exercise is t-tapp which I need to keep my arms and other body parts looking nice...it has proven itself that it's a good little program with all of the inches I've lost in the two years I've been doing it. I love how my arms start to look when I'm consistently t-tapping. I have the DVD loaded and ready...I have to forego the neck movements I think so I don't get that neck tension pain afterwards since my neck fusion a year ago. Today my walk/jog was 31 minutes..2 miles..love my Galloway app and feel like I have a personal trainer talking to me and reminding me to keep my abs in and giving encouragement. Since I still have a few lbs. to get to my goal I'm hoping in the next couple of weeks I can get these few lbs. off with consistent exercise. Lunch today was a whey protein shake with iced decaf and I get my seed oil dose in that way too...also had a yummy tomato. When I got back from my run I had a good juicy orange. It is an absolutely gorgeous day here with some green hints of Spring emerging finally...life is good...:heart:

Lovin'locarb 03-12-2013 05:10 PM

End of day...

Just put a cookie sheet of kale chips in the oven...the Hub seems to like them and I had a bunch of it left over after making a double batch of my stand by quiche yesterday...The last kale chips I made seemed to disintegrate so easily...but he likes them so he's now on my food plan and whatever it takes to keep him going! He's lost 8 lbs. so far.....
This has been an awesome day for me, got my exercise in and enjoyed the warmest day we've had so far this year at a 73 degrees. Dinner this evening was a mug of my veggie/shredded pork roast soup...I made this soup a couple of months ago and keep repeating it and NEVER get tired of it. I chop up purple onion, brussel sprouts, kale, mushrooms, add a chopped frozen bag of last summer's garden tomatoes, add dried basil, parsley, several tablespoons of minced garlic, pepper, cumin...it tastes a lot like a minestrone. Oh and quite a bit of water in the pot too...I put a little powdered parmesan in too to give it a slight cheesy tomatoey flavor and I add a couple tablespoons of tomato paste to make it a little richer. After crock potting a pork roast all day I shred it up and add it to the pot. Oh so good. I freeze it up in baggies to store and it's so easy to microwave for a quick low carb meal. Nirvana.....and a great way to get our veggies in!
I'm hoping to see a little poundage lost in the morning...we'll see. I'm so close to my maintenance goal. On to tomorrow...:)

Lovin'locarb 03-12-2013 05:31 PM

Even more end of day...

Hub is on vacay this week and we're doing fun stuff....set up the telescope to see if we can see the Pann-Starr comet tonight...it's supposed to be visible a half an hour after sunset just to the left of the slivered moon in the west...it will be visible in certain locations on other days...News today said it's as big as the island of Manhattan...I'm glad it's a million miles away! We're hoping to see it....only comes around once every 100,000 years...:clap:

Lovin'locarb 03-13-2013 09:26 AM

Ugh...

Sore this morning from yesterday's walk/jog but it's a good sore...worse part of this morning was not being able to eat due to having fasting labs done...I'm such a regimented person and I basically do the same routine every morning so yes, I'm also a little OCD, and I get labs done once a year and today was it. So I'm home now, got my breakfast and coffee in and I feel better. I don't do well if I can't eat as soon as I get up in the mornings...mornings are my favorite part of the day partly because I get started so early, like around 4 a.m. I get out and get the horses fed, get my schnauzers fed, and the kitty too, then me. I savor the early morning sunrises and this morning was no exception...we're supposed to see 76 today and will break a record if it gets that warm. It was a crispy 30 early but this afternoon will be a different story. So nice. Breakfast for me this morning was a small bowl of thick cut oatmeal seasoned with cinnamon and stevia and I used some sugar free hazelnut flavoring when I cooked it and that added a nice nutty flavor. Fat free milk on the oatmeal and fat free milk in my decaf coffee with stevia as my sweetener. Haven't even thought about what I'm having the rest of the day...:)

Lovin'locarb 03-13-2013 07:20 PM

End of Wednesday....

I had a very productive day today...got lots done outside and it got to 80 here! My food plan was very simple and I've adjusted to the smaller portions I've been having since I still have a couple of lb. to get to goal. The Hub has been on my plan for the last few weeks and he's steadily losing and that makes me happy cuz it makes my life easier to be cooking the same foods for both of us. I made him a snack plate tonight since he said he wasn't very hungry and had just come back from a 3 mi. run and it consisted of celery sticks with some full fat cream cheese I mixed with dried onion and herbs and a little pepper. Some cherry tomatoes. A small container of home made ranch to dip whatever in. A few big spicy pork rinds. A parmesan cheese crisp zero carb. 3 rounds of a good zero carb, zero sugar canadian bacon we found at the store. Sometimes hard to find meats like that that don't have sugar or carbs. Have my running togs laid out for my exercise session tomorrow...already psyching myself up! The warm weather is such a treat even tho I know it's a tease...
On another note it got too cloudy last night for us to see the comet...we were disappointed but maybe we can catch it on one of the other days...
I just had a juicy orange, I eat fruit on an empty stomach as part of the food combining theory of my way of eating and it was a yummy treat to end the day. Off to wrap things up for the night.....:)

Lovin'locarb 03-14-2013 06:43 AM

Down a little...

Down few oz. this morning...So close to my goal. :jumpjoy:..Beautiful day forecasted here today so will probably be spending less time at the puter cuz it's just too nice outside. Have planned a 2 mi. walk/jog today.

Lovin'locarb 03-22-2013 07:22 AM

Friday, Friday...

Just checking in this week...I'm toggling between 126 and 127 and realize I need to delete a few food items from my food plan...like the little crunchy pork rinds that I season with curry powder and Spike seasoning, they make great salad croutons but I don't need to keep dipping into them every time I open the fridge. Also the canadian bacon that is probably loaded with sodium isn't helping. Good news is the Hub is liking this way of eating so it sure makes it easier on me to both be on the same page. He's stuck also right now with losing tho so he'll be watching portion control and getting rid of some of the saltier foods I think will help. I really want to get off a couple more lbs....just need to keep tweaking things to be successful at maintenance. And then of course is being consistent with my exercise plan...that isn't happening right now...Hoping for some warmer weather this weekend so I can get out for a good jog....Always need to remind myself this is a never ending journey....:)