Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   *~*WhEn ThE mAdNeSs StOpS tHeN yOu WiLl Be AlOnE*~* (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/798053-when-madness-stops-then-you-will-alone.html)

Laprettygurl 02-27-2013 03:52 PM

*~*WhEn ThE mAdNeSs StOpS tHeN yOu WiLl Be AlOnE*~*

The title is from one of my fav Savage Garden songs....

I restarted Atkins with a firm commitment to the plan and to MYSELF yesterday. It has been far too long eating with insanity. I cannot do it anymore. My poor body!!!

I have learned a lot about myself in the restarts I've had. They have half a**ed attempts that haven't worked at all.

There will be no breakfast. Ever. I hate it. Eating it, thinking about it, cooking it.
Never ever again.

Laprettygurl 02-27-2013 03:55 PM

Food for today:

b-coffee with sweetener, cream and whipped cream on top
l- 6 slices turkey bacon, three eggs cooked in butter
s- slices of pork tenderloin, 1 cup broccoli, fried garlic, mushrooms, onion and parsley for on top of the pork.
snack- shaved ice and sf syrup.

calories 1621
fat 73%
carbs 6%
protein 21%

Just have to get in a bit more water and it'll be a good day!!

Yesterday's food:
b-coffee
l- salad with rib eye steak, a bit of feta, cucumber and balsamic
s-pollock pan fried in butter, broccoli w/butter
snack - coffee

calories 1474
fat 68%
carbs 7%
protein 25%

trishthedish 02-28-2013 03:05 PM

Off to a great start! Your menus look yummy. KUTGW!!! :up:

Laprettygurl 03-01-2013 06:23 AM

Thanks Trish! When I decided to give this a proper start I went on a huge shopping trip and bought all the things that appealed to me. No more trying to be cheap about it. I don't have to be, I've just always been a good as sticking to a budget as I have had times in my life where things were really rough. I'll admit though, I did have GREAT success when my food was limited to 2 eggs, 1 can of green beans and 2 chicken leg/thighs per day. lol probably because I was starving but it's all the budget allowed for...

So I'm down 5.6! Not bad for four days!!!

b-coffee with liquid sweetener (zero carbs), whipped cream
l- leftover pork tenderloin and broc
s-homemade chicken veg soup with broth, bouillon, celery, carrots, turnips, parsley and a ton of spice. OMG this was yummy. After I took mine out I added noodles for the rest of the family...
snack- sf jello with whipped cream, 2 huge mugs of caffeine free tea.

calories 1486
fat 56%
carbs 9%
35%

Going to try and up my fats for today. I really don't think there was that many carbs from yesterday (I tried to pick out as many carrots and onions as I could) but who knows.

trishthedish 03-06-2013 04:13 PM

How's it going with the higher fats?

I know what you mean about shopping on a budget! Back in the po' days, I could stick to a basic egg, meat, and cheese fast most of the time. Now don't get me wrong, I very much enjoy my current elaborate meals and snacks, but sometimes less is more when you are trying to get control of your eating.

Hope all is well in your world Miss Pauline!