LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Reta
Stats: 182.8 / 177.4 / 125
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Every morning
...To size 6...here I come!!!!!

Okay, I'm starting this journal after getting inspiration from reading through someone elses. Watching her weight steadily go down with slight elevations every now and then was a prime example of how I want to do it.

I already know my weakness is sweets and carbs. They are enemy to my body and it's time to release the hold they have on me. So, tomorrow, it will be
coffee w/HWC only, no sweetner,
eggs and cheese or turkey sausage
cabbage with sausage
salad and salmon

no sweets, treats or extras. I will try to do some light cardio in the am and alternate that with light weights, pilates or yoga.
Reta is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 03:23 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

weight today: 181.8.

I had been a little stopped up over the last 2 days but had a breakthru this am. the 250m of magnesium and the tsp of CO last night helped I'm sure.

I should be about to pms, so I have to be very careful. I really over ate sugar, carbs and calories yesterday. I just lost my mind last night.
But, it's a new day.

Things to start doing:
1. Giving up artificial sweetner in my coffee
2. working out at least 30 minutes most days
3. being dedicated to LC and sticking with it because it works
4. Not comparing my self to others who following his plan
5. ignoring negative comments or looks from others
6. taking a stand for me

Off to workout.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:02 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/130.4/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
You have a great attitude! Keep up the good work
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Well, I just ate 4 squares of Ghiradelli dark chocolate. I did the calucations, and it should be only 1 true carb. We wiill see if it causes cravings or not. I should've just eaten a few almonds instead. Oh, well.....
Old 02-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

thanks Kim
Old 02-27-2013, 04:00 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Today, I am super discouraged. The scale read 183.8. I'm pmsing and am so bloated. Last night, I ate some lc cheese cake with whipped cream and my belly and boobs are huge. Maybe that artificial sweetner was too much for my body at this time of the month.

I did have a BM, but I feel awful. I could just be the pms. I will attempt LC again today. No workout of any kind, that bums me out even more.

Gotta go get meals/snacks together.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jinny
Stats: 214/145/127
WOE: Gluten free, sugar free, low carb
Start Date: August 2012
Hi Reta
Don't be discouraged
I definitely see bloating and small (temporary!) gains in my hormonal cycle every month.
Just stick with it. I chart my weight, so I could see the pattern, and it doen't freak me out as much anymore.
Good luck!
Jinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:45 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Thanks so much, Jinny. I feel like such in idiot. I underestimate how much my body really needs. I ate alot of LC foods yesterday:

Super Bullet Coffee
SM Atkins bar
salad, buffalo wings and bbq wings
cracklins
3 pieces of fried chicken with some of skin removed and two cheesecake bites

I also drank 1 gallon and a half of water. when I went to bed last night, I weighed 185.8 I knew that high number was due to the 3 cups of water I drank at 9:45. When I woke up, I weight 181.4 after I peed. . I needed the fat and water. I did have a BM today after I weighed and had super coffee. I've got to eat enough of the right foods.

I really wanted to work out this morning, but after getn food ready for today, I just don't have enough time. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:04 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

180.6. I really ate crappy yesterday

Coffee w/ truvia and HWC
s. small Atkins bar
L. salad, 1/3 pound burger cooked in Co, a few almonds, a few porkrinds
s. porkrins, cheesecake bites ( a lot )
d. 1/3 pound burger, a few chocolate covered pretzels

I felt nauseated from the grease. But woke up at 180.6 After dinner, i was doubting my abiliy to continue his way of life. I felt like I blew it. But, I've got to be more forgiven of myself. This WOL works if you work it. I ate the 2nd burger to try and shut the cravings down and it worked. I was so full, I could only get a few of those pretzels in. Now, I'm glad I ate that 2nd burger. Obviously, I needed more fat to satisfy myself.

I did workout today. LIC for 40 minutes. Burning 636 calories.

I've never reached a weightloss goal. I hope this will be my month.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Today, my eating was pretty good. I've really got to get away from the sf candy and find something atkins friendly.

Coffee with truvia, hwc and sf creamer
s. small atkins bar
l. salad, buffalo wings, a meatball, a few sf candys
s. porkrinds
d. chicken breast and broc in alfredo sauce

Please come see me tomorrow, Whoosh fairy.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:38 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

My weight is up to 181.8 today. My cycle is right about to start, so that could be the reason. And I also worked out yesterday. That could be the reason also. Well, either way, I will not worry. I may need to back off the workouts some. I'm afraid to lift weights for sure. I may do another short cardio that uses light weights or intervals in it.

It's saturday, and my schedule will be busy. I do plan to eat on plan no matter what.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Checking in for some inspiration
Old 03-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Hey, Jinny

Yesterday's weight was 181.6 and today 181.4. TOM is stlll here, and I think the exercising is not working. I really believe I need to give it up. It's crazy, I know. but I have worked my butt off 5 times over for years, and the weight is still here. I've also decided to give up artificial sweetner in my coffee. I've got to drop some weight this month, or I will loose my mind Im just so fed up right now.

Yesterday, we did eat dinner late. But I did enjoy Chili's steak with onion and peppers with mushrums on top, broc and corn on the cob. I know that's a little carby, but I still had a slight loss from the day before.

Food today:
Coffee with HWC
Atkins bar, pecans
veggies with chicken in alfredo sauce
porkrinds
chicken breaded in porkrinds and parm cheese

I'd better have a loss tomorrow or....or.....or i''m gonna be doing some more of this
Old 03-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Hey, you had a loss!

Allow me to tell you how I used to excercise five times a week for an hour at a time... After twelve months of doing that, I still weighed 213 lbs. If anything, I gained muscle mass. I was faster, stronger, and fitter than I have ever been in my entire life - and I didn't lose a pound through working out. I was the oddly active fat woman in the gym.

In my opinion, healthy eating habits take care of the weight loss. Excercise is an added bonus to tone and firm the wobbly bits.
(You can't out-excercise a bad diet! I've tried!)

Just keep doing what you're doing.

2012 Targets:
Oct: 189, Nov: 180, Dec: Maintained
2013 Targets:
Jan: 165 (168), Feb: 158 (162)

Goal for 31 March: 158
Old 03-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Here's the thing, Jinny, I don't want to give it up. I love working out. I need to workout. But, I'm so confused. I'm so confussssseddddddddddddddd
Old 03-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

and my weight is up again this morning = 182.8!!!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:29 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Nooooooo
It could be TOM-related, right?
It looks like you keep a food journal - do you count calories and carbs?
Ahrg that would frustrate the heck out of me... Sorry.
You'll figure it out!

I'm going to join you in giving up sweeteners.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:55 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Today's weight is 181.8. I did an interval step workout for 40min, kept my carbs low and was pretty busy cleaning and tidying house last night. I didn't workout today b/c I was just talking to God about my health. I'm thankful I have no health issues except the 50 lbs I need to loose.

I've been doing some reading and decided to really do induction. I've never done it before. So I"ve planned out my meals and snacks for today and have exactly 20 carbs planned. I also think the extra fat in my diet is making me puffy. I'll be able to gauge better since TOM is over now.

Thanks for the encouragement, Jinny. I really appreciate it.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:32 AM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pippa
Stats: Start:156/current: 144.4/goal: 135 (5'5")
WOE: Atkins Induction / nut ketosis 70% fat
Start Date: Restart Jan 20, 2013
Rita
I've been reading your journal and My first impression is that you are having difficulty transitioning from carb burning to fat burning metabolism. I suggest you to start strict induction today. It has been my experience that until your body understands it needs to delve into the fat stores first for energy, it will always seek out whatever carb stores there are first. Once you train your body that there won't be any more carbs to use, it will give up and start using fat. When I started Atkins a second time this year, I rationalized that since I had already done induction that I could eat low carb treats and as much calories as I wanted as long as I was getting enough protein and fat. I was sadly mistaken! Yes I lost 4 lbs the first week but it took another month to lose 2 more. I decided to re-evaluate my diet and went back to strict induction according to Dr Westman's instructions (co author of the New Atkins book). Dr Westman has a video on you tube where he takes you through induction and what to eat. Somehow it just resonated with me a little better to sit there and take notes like I was in a classroom. "Do this, not that." Dr Westman is talking to diabetics in the video but it is the same diet as Atkins induction.

Secondly it looks to me like you are having trouble with expectations. You have great goals for each days diet ahead, but you are having trouble sticking to your plan and then feeling defeated the next day. You are still craving sugar and eating sugar or even low carb sweets will only keep you craving sweets. Add more fat to your meals and make sure you're eating at least one salad meal a day plus one protein and green veg meal. When I have the right amount of fat, I do not crave sweets and I lose about .2 to .4 lbs every 1-2 days for the past 2 -1/2 weeks.

Google dr eric Westman on you tube and look for the one where he is sitting at a desk in his lab coat.

Much luck to you!
Pippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:44 AM   #20
Junior LCF Member

YouTube

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7HU.../preview?pli=1

Last edited by Pippa; 03-06-2013 at 04:48 AM..
Old 03-06-2013, 06:24 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Wow, Pippa. This is a bold post to someone who you don't really know. But, honestly, I like it. I needed it.. You seem very passonate about induction and understanding what needs to be done to have success.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking time to read my journal and guide me in the right direction.

I probably won't get to watch that video until Thursday evening. But, I will. I need to.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:53 AM   #22
Junior LCF Member

I hope I wasn't coming off too harsh. It was not my intention to scold someone I don't know, as you pointed out. Please remember that I am on the same journey as you and everyone else here (if this was easy we wouldn't need a forum). I hope we can be friends though!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

No, not too harsh at all - It was like you do know me. That's the crazy part. It was like you knew I needed a little tough love. And I do, but i didn't know I needed it until I got it. And then I was like - yeah, I need to be strict. I need to do a strict induction. I've never done one before, that's probably why I've not been too successful.

Yes, we can be friends. I need friends like you.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reta View Post
No, not too harsh at all - It was like you do know me. That's the crazy part. It was like you knew I needed a little tough love. And I do, but i didn't know I needed it until I got it. And then I was like - yeah, I need to be strict. I need to do a strict induction. I've never done one before, that's probably why I've not been too successful.

Yes, we can be friends. I need friends like you.
Great! I need friends who understand what I need too. I have already have friends who are just being nice. I hereby grant you permission to kick my ass if I start whining about a plateau or wondering why I'm not losing while eating too much Splenda and other sugar free snacks. I know this stalls my loss but tend to "undercount" my SF candies or just plain stuff my gob with too many calories.
Shrink on, new friend!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Yeah, I did notice a difference in cravings when I cut splenda/truvia out of morning coffee. And even yesterday, I didn't have any sf candies, my cravings were way down. I did have SF jello after lunch, and that didn't seem to bother me at all. But, eye will keep a tight I on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippa View Post
...and make sure you're eating at least one salad meal a day plus one protein and green veg meal.
Can you explain this statement a little more, please?

Is there a place that you post everyday? What's your normal meal/snack plan look like?
Old 03-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #26
Junior LCF Member

Dr Westman wants you to eat salad greens every day and green veggies every day, so I eat a salad (spring mix bagged plus some baby spinach) with either chicken or other protein for lunch every day. For dinners I have a protein and a veggie or I incorporate these into some sort of homemade conglomeration such as chicken, mushrooms and tomatoes with a low carb Alfredo sauce. Meatballs and low carb spaghetti sauce w added veggies or another green salad is good too. You get the idea. Instead of focusing on what I can't eat, I spend most of my energy making sure I'm getting the required protein, fat, salad and veggies in my day. When I'm successful at this, there really isn't room for the other crap.

I haven't started a journal on here yet but I plan to.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Click on the link I posted earlier (under the YouTube link) for a complete PDF of Dr Westman's diet. Same as Atkins induction but somehow a lot clearer for me to follow.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Yeah, this PDF is great!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Maybe we all need a kick in the pants once in a while.
Hope you've found some new inspiration, Pippa did dispense some sound advice. Let us know how it's going.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:08 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday went great. I did eat turkey pepperoni and more porkrinds than I had intended. I also had to swap out the hamburgers for 2 beef hotdogs off the roller rack at the gas station. I also drank a 20oz Vitamin water Zero with 8 carbs. I was very busy and needed something to keep me going. Didn't get to bed til 1:45 am and then back up at 6. There will be more coffee today.

180.8 today:

here's my menu:
coffee w/hwc and CO 0
B: small chicken breast 0
s. turkey pepperoni 0
l. tuna, egg, mayo, veggies 6
s. porkrinds 0
d. chicken parmesan, sf jello 5

I may have another coffee with splenda and cream for a few more carbs and caffeine. I also have a snack Atkins bar on standby that is good for all phases. It's my emergency snack. Only 3 net carbs.

I read through the pdf 3 times and plan to watch the youtube tonight. My nose is running. hmmmmm cant be induction flu already. But I also missed 3.5 hours of sleep last night. That won't be happening tonight.

Thanks for the support ladies.